Dark Souls General ~ /dsg/

Is Dark Souls 2 the Dark Souls of Dark Souls?
Dark Souls / Soulsborn general

What are you

No

Why would you pick the worst of them as an OP picture?

NO

OP images should be attention-grabbing. It caught your attention, didn't it?

I like Dark Souls because the story can be almost non existant and you can just play without ever caring about it.

what is there left to discuss?

How would you improve upon the formula?

How would you ruin the next game?

I lost my will to play DaS3 after being unable to beat Dancer. Why does DaS3 have the worst bosses? From blew their load all on making the game look gorgeous but everything else sucks.

Is poise working as intended

I see your opinions are trash.

Dark Souls is not the Dark Souls of anything. Dark Souls is the Medievil of PS3 games.

It is. Best of the series, although soul memories and swarm bosses were bullshit.

My nigga.

Yeah das3 is not just a shitty dark soul, is a shitty game too. To make the " dark soul is hard" meme real they had most enemies chaining attacks for half a fucking minute.
You can break the dancer chain attacks by hiding behind pillars.

Here it comes the 12 years old that only makes guts builds and always uses the most OP ultragreatswords. You and other retards like you are the reason why das3 is shit. You go around telling people to git gud, but it's you that play the game on easy mode, faggot. Stick that ultragreatsword up your ass, no wait, you would actually enjoy that, eh faggot?

He'll just break the pillars and continue. I could get really close to killing him but I gave up after dozens of tries, it left a bad taste in my mouth and I never picked up the game again.

I'm playing Demon's souls and I find it to be a very interesting game with cool mechanics. The way that there is an economy of players giving each other revive stones by recommending messages and invading each other. I am mostly sad that I did not play this when it came out. Oh the fun I missed.

Oh shit son. Is /dsg/ back? I just yarred ds3 and im 22hr in… just got to the map behind abyss watchers. blind runs are a bitch

>_raw_ halberd and shield

I played ds3 even if most people here think it's shit, but who fucking cares as long as I enjoy the game. the Gael fight is really awesome with some tweaks too, and there's enough to keep me coming back off and on

Finally finished Dark Sous 3. Its tied with Dark Souls 2 in being the worst game in the franchise.

Dark souls is the Severance blade of darkness of video games.

What did i miss?

Medievil came first

So did nightmare creatures and yet that doesn't stop retards from choking on Bloodbornes dick.

They are both so halfassed in their own ways. I wish that they never existed, and that instead of two games there was just one great title to wrap things up. Success among normalfags (difficulty meme/combat and PvP focus) and bad timing (DS2 not being next gen) worked together to poison the series for the next decade.

Now the only thing to look forward to is demon's souls on RPCS3 and the twitch.tv and youtube "communities" slowly dying off.

How does this particular graphical bug happens?

meant to reply to

Will From's next game be a Souls type game or a complete departure? I would be fine with either. If they go the Souls type route again, I think they should focus more on overhauling combat and enemies, as well as strategic depth. Make it much more of an action game where everything is at your disposal from the get go, you can just specialize in certain areas. For example, you have weapons, ranged, magic, shield, dodging, blocking, parrying, counter hits, jump attacks, backstabs, combos etc. and all of them are required. Some enemies are immune to physical so need to be hit with magic, others immune to magic, others have to be parried, boss attacks with certain attacks that cannot be blocked, only dodged, others that can't be dodged, only blocked etc.

kys tbqhwymm

I wouldn't ruin it by simply not making one. Just like the devs are doing, because they aren't total retards.

I'm still waiting for Metal Wolf Chaos 2.

Mark you are huge fucking bitch.
At least mark these safe space threads or something, so only your cocksuckers would be bothered to post in them.

I enjoyed ds3 but yeah I did notice that anything but light armor just sucks now the game is very dex focused. To bad they changed the window for parry and I have absolutely zero desire to relearn it.

Seems kind of obvious in retrospect
I always wanted to block a wide-area breath attack from a dragon with a bigass magic shield, but be forced to dodge its physical swipes. They got it the wrong way around.

But as for the other things, it should not be an action game in the way that devil may cry is. It should have functional yet satisfying combat with simple rules, so that more effort can be put into a detailed overworld and interesting experimental multiplayer mechanics.

Before you say "but you can have both" - not with fromsoft, dude. They're kind of shit.

ITT Cherrypicking bits so you can complain in absolute certainty about the whole thing. God forbid you have fun anyway, gotta show a bunch of nobodies that you're in the right camp.

Who are you talking to?

Are you talking about the dancer of boreal valley? She can't break through pillars. Those pillars are so thick her swords can't reach past them even if she is right onto them IIRC.

if this isn't what you're doing here as well, then what the fuck is the point of your opinionated post?

Hopefully to get people to realize the games are all fun once they take the sticks out of their collective asses. These threads are the same shit every time.

Do you work for Bandai namco or from software?

is any studio developing a remake for medievil or something? because this reeks of falseflagging as hipsters and shilling

Yeah that's gotta be it. Good night.

Well, I'm almost done with my self-inflicted "Don't die in any Souls game or Bloodborne at SL100 max" challenge. In Dark Souls 2 I got the "Don't rest at a bonfire" challenge as a bonus. There's just one game left to tackle:

Dark Souls. The hardest to do a no death run on thanks to Bed of Chaos. Blink at the wrong moment and you're dead. Ceaseless Discharge sometimes just OHKO's me, too.

SL100 Giantdad. In normal games I end up doing a Sorcery build, but Giantdad is *sigh* more reliable which I need in these kinds of runs.

Right now, my character is sporting Hollow Soldier pants. Zweihanders are heavy.

Maybe I'll add the thrill of being invaded to a no death run later, but not this first time. Bed of Chaos is fun enough as is.

All combat should be planned beforehand and not be reduced to roll dodging. There is no reason that combat should be simplistic in a game with a gorillion pieces of equipment and a limited stats building (until you go into NG+ and get max level of course). It needs to be refined, is all, and not be turned into Bloodborne.

What fun weapons are there in Dark Souls 2? I never finished the DLC content because it was such a grind with my already +15 Great Sword.
Are there any worthwhile DS2 mods?
What's a fun dex item in DS1?

The best thing about Dark Souls games is the atmosphere. Even though DS2 is overall lackluster an experience, the locations within it are memorable because they hold a certain theme and atmosphere well, possibly even moreso than DaS1.

What is fun is up to you, it's a subjective matter.

I like DS3 overall, despite some of the flaws it has. The Gael fight is one of the best fights in the series to me. It feels fair but still challenging, unlike something like Friede who is a cool boss but a total pain to fight and full of bullshit. I'm glad the series went out with him.

Golden Tracer is cool. I had fun doing a Bandit Knife run too, with buffs it can still put out some damage.

I thought using the Randomizer in DS1 and roller chart would be fun but I can't bring myself to play for very long.

Look at this shit. That roll was Hunter, Swords and Pyromancy/Magic allowed. You can basically play a regular game like that.

Dark Souls II (Sotfs) is actually my favorite of the series.

I really like the different atmosphere it has going for it, and some of the changes that make it unique among the others (III jerks off DaS way too much) leave a lasting impression on me.

Duel Caestus with Dragon Bone Fist made me appreciate DSII a lot.

There's that shitty term again. Can't you taste the shit in your mouth after that shitty phrase rolls off your tongue? You people say it so often, it could give the impression that you just enjoy the taste of shit.

As a general rule of thumb, is it better to pick a class/skillset at the beginning and stick with it, or just try out whatever interests you and see where it goes?

What are we supposed to call it then? Darkblood?

This. It's too bad the grind is real and your characters are not saved in a server. From Soft can't into online.

I beat her when I went with the Pontiff Sulyvahn tactic of hiding behind a greatshield and wait for the attack cycle to end.

Castlevania.

Eh, a grind ain't too bad, but I'm not gonna re-roll a punching god anytime soon. I usually put on a podcast or something when something gets grindy. And really, you're not SUPPOSED to grind those guys, it's just a "quick" way to do it, you know?

Thank, you fucking kike.

The class shapes your final character because the base stats cannot be altered. If you pick sorcerer you have 11? base points in intelligence and if you go full warrior, you'll have 10 less points to work with within the 120 soul level.

Why am i randomly getting free estus flasks?

And all of it ultimately means nothing.

Your messages upvoted by someone or someone kindled the bonfire you kindled before.

And how was i supposed to know something so obtuse?

People figured it out somehow.
And now you know it.

You're not, its just a slight mercy the game gives you for playing plugged into online.

Also, why the fuck am i getting pic related and getting kicked out of online both with the fps either unlocked and unchanged when the creator of the online replacement system himself says that the program now disables the games framerate check?
My pc is more than good enough to run the game with no fps drops or stutters.

clearly not.

Epic.

you knew the consequences of buying a pc version of a game.

No idea. But try locking fps at slightly over 30, like 35. Usually it gives me huge performance boost without any problems. You use dsfix for this right? And you use dll from dsmpfix for this, just as guide says, right?

What about you are playing offline and you sometimes get free estus?
It's in DS3.

From what I've seen, some enemies simply give you an estus refill in DS3.

I'm using both of them, yes. I'll try and set fps limit to 35 now and see how it goes.

You are supposed to grind them, you can't acquire the stones in a normal playthrough, they're too rare and you need like 50.

It's either random or pre-determined, but some enemies give you charges on death.

Anons, I'm needing to run through Bloodborne 2 more times to get all the endings for that Platinum. I've already gotten the squid ending using the Axe, what weapon should I use for my other 2 runs?

I did a Powder Keg run, so used the Stake Driver as soon as I could then moved onto the Boom Hammer as my secondary and Whirligig Saw as my main.

I might actually do this. I used the Whirligig quite a bit when I wanted to mix it up instead of using the Axe. Boom Hammer seems super fun to use as well.

Setting it to 35 actually worked. From 0 to 20 nodes instantly.

No. I just quit DaS2 after the first 4 bosses because it was bright, cartoony, and really fucking linear.

DaS2 literally took the dark out. It's shit. It was such shit that I'm probably not even going to start DaS3, and just play more DaS and maybe some more DeS.

Done be so melodramatic, the only real problem is fucking downgrade.

After I got to the pirate area I gave up because there was literally no exploration required to get there. Just follow the path and trod through the bosses in order as they appeared. The only seemingly optional dead-end was to go kill the fake pussy-bitch Ornstein before the tower guard boss.

Yeah. I think the retarded choice in color palette, and on-the-rails "rpg-by-numbers" killed it for me. I can't even complain about the mechanics changes because I feel like every single other part of the game made me quit before I could play enough to judge, and I really wanted dual-wielding stance to be fun. Also having a shoppie and smithy right at the start to supply me with gear was pretty casual.

I quite before I needed to do that so I don't even know what you're talking about.

In DaS1 you have Rickert of Vinheim right at the start (although you need to farm undead soldiers in Undead Burg for titanite). DaS2 is gated by getting to FotFG and buying a key (can buy 10 titanite shards instantly). DaS3 has it entirely accessible right after the tutorial boss (although titanite shards need to be found/farmed at the High Wall).

It was a fun run. Stake Driver was really fun and different because of the limited range.

Some people got way too much fucking time on their hands.

But user, he chose the best of them. Everybody knows Dark Souls 2 is true good Souls.

THIS!

What a fucking tool.

I fucking hate that term. It stinks of fecal matter.
(pic related)

That faggot is so fucking retarded and full of himself.

How do you miss the mark three times in a row?

Fuck off Vaatividya!

I don't watch cancer, sorry.

I would word this differently because it's not entirely accurate to my point. Rickert is *near* the beginning to be sure. You still have to look for him. He's not literally in a little village you start in waiting to sell you weapons/armor immediately. The smithy sitting there at the beginning only requires you go get the key to his house. I don't remember if Rickert sells anything besides upgrades/ascensions, but I really don't think he sells full armor sets + weapons; the shoppie at the start of DaS2 does.

I dunno, I'm probably wrong. The first smithy I found in DaS was Andre, and the first shoppie in Undeadberg. My main point was that putting them at the start of DaS2 (especially coming from DaS) makes it pretty casual. First time I played DaS I had complete fucking shit armor until about 25% in when I found Elite Knight set. Key word there 'found'. Did I have to farm some souls before I could buy the Elite Knight set at the beginning of DaS2? Sure, big fucking deal that was…

Out of the 4 bosses I fought Persuer was the most interesting and also the fucking easiest because of the two ballistas. I think the game is shit.

How dishonest can someone be? You "just" have to look for his key? Well then, you just have to look for Rickert.

I challenge you to prove ITT that DaS2 is not using a brighter palette than DaS. I challenge you to prove it doesn't look cartoonish because of the overuse of bloom and other BRIGHT lighting effects. I challenge you to prove that DaS is more linear than DaS2.

I bet you don't even try; because you can't and you know this.

'Look' was a bad word choice. You just have to follow the one-way linear path until you get the fucking key. Fixed.

Okay. Because you have to go a little to access blacksmith in ds1 is somehow better than looking for a key for blacksmith in 2 because what?

Compared to fucking walking to a smith. Amazing retardation.

Those words don't mean what you think they do.

Also, Rickert is pretty fucking useless for most of the game. He certainly doesn't sell anything useful at the start; I just checked. Also there isn't a one-way path that leads you directly to Rickert as there is a one-way path that brings you to DaS2's smithy's key.

I said looking was a bad word choice, but you keep rolling with it if it helps your mental gymnastics. You literally just follow the path until you get the key. You don't have to look for the key. The game leads you to the key.

What makes DaS2 look so cartoonish then if not the lightning and lighting effects? The cartoon style of the background sets? The cartoon style of the characters?

He just using random buzzwords. I am surprised he haven't call game cucked.

No. I'm describing what the game looks like compared to DaS. It looks really bright, and like a cartoon. The world design is extremely if not completely linear compared to DaS. DaS2 seems to be for casuals that can't into Meme Souls without rage quitting.

World design is not completely linear. The majority of levels, however, are. That must be what you were looking to say.

If we're going to talk of linearity, then DeS and DaS 3 need to be thrown into the mix as well. DaS 3 is probably the worst offender in the series for this. DaS is the only one that has a proper hub world, with nearly everything being interconnected and tightly woven.

This is the best thing that came out of DS2.

Yeah like I said I quit playing when I got maybe midway through the pirate area, and it was just following the only path the player was given.

I can agree DeS should go in for linearity, but I can't comment on DaS3 as I haven't even started it yet. That said I easily rank DeS higher than DaS2. I don't know how they could fuck up the brightness so bad on the third iteration of the "franchise".

DeS is an odd one as far as linearity goes because you're allowed to go to any archstone you want, but the worlds themselves are sort of linear in that you have one more or less direct path through them. But, you've got the many different routes and areas to explore in each section so it's an interesting mix of both.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
Why are you taking this so seriously?

Because.

Nearly the entire game was supposed to be reliant on torches, but once the initial director was canned and Tanimura took over they had to rework everything and, as a result, torches became utterly useless. In fact, it's a miracle DaS 2 didn't turn out worse than it did, because by the time Tanimura took over the game was in shambles.

I actually just wanted to make a Dark Souls of Dark Souls joke, I'm surprised there was actually enough meat to a thread here

Bazuso required ahead

making a dark souls 3 character right now, going for super crazy boost stacking
no one has recorded how attack boosts work properly for some reason
right now I am stacking oath of sunlight, warcry,lloyds sword ring, and I am about to add dragon roaring but there are a few quirks I noticed

oath of sunlight is janky as hell, when you use it it gives you a boost to damage, but the sunlight sword is the only weapon that gets the FULL boost, your off hand weapon and miracles get a smaller boost
when you switch it out the attack boost dissapears despite the icon still being on your hud
when you put it in its scabbard (2 hand your other weapon) the smaller attack boost is still around, but if you pull it out again it only benefits from the smaller one and not the larger one, you can stack it with warcry like this

warcry is also a piece of work, it says you get a damage boosts but it dosnt tell you its ONLY with the warcry weapon
warcry overwrites your weapon buff and vice versa

lloyds stacks with everything for every conceivable type of damage and works exactly like it says

I have no clue how weapon buffs work, but blessed weapon seems to not care about how much faith or spell buff you have unlike the others and seems to be based off your weapon in some way

is their any boost I can stack on this to boost further?

Finally got off my arse and begun playing the first one (had it in my library for over a year). Picked the wanderer class because Fuck It, Why Not.
Managed to get through the undead Parish, got to the blacksmith and managed to beat that tridant weilding… statue thing. But late to ask this, but is it worth upgrading the starter armour and weapon? I'm doing okay with it so far, and is there a reason to packrat other weapons and stuff? Should I just sell them, assuming I can even do that, or should I simply drop them?

there is no reason not to packrat because only equipped items count towards your carry weight, almost all weapons are at least viable when upgraded so dont worry

Interesting. Thanks for that tip. Also, I am convinced that armour affects your mobility too; the chainmail seemed to make rolling and even walking take a little longer for me, so I've stuck with the starter armour. Considering how much damage things do even at the start I've learned that dodging is the best defence, but if I'm just being a spaz and it's all ion the head, I'd better start using something better.

its not just armor, its total weight including weapons, but it only counts whats equipped
its also stat based, the higher your endurance the more weight you can carry without being slowed

Where_do_you_think_you_are.webm

The only reason people hate on DS so much is because its popular. And its popular because its fun for a significant number of people. Jokes aside, people are so invested in the series that they have such strong feelings about it.

In psychobabble terms i think its how love and have are two sides of the same coin, while the opposite of love is really apathy.

Aha, so it is affecting it. Well, I'll just have to start bumping up endurance. I was going to anyway, since I've noticed I'm starting to run out of stamina after dodging an attack and doing two of my own on tougher foes.

Just throwing this out there, but try fighting the dancer with the sounds turned off. Theres an interesting theory on the game theorist channel on yt about how From fucked with the sound cues and attack timings of that one boss fight in particular simply to fuck over "veteran" players that have the timings down to frames. The idea is the more motor memory you have built up over all the souls games, the harder it is, whilst somone new can pretty easily just learn it from scratch and have an easier time.

END is an OP attribute especially in DS1. Since i try to stay away from walkthroughs as much as i can, for efficiency ive learned to appreciate RAW weapons since i prioritize END pumping as early as possible to soft cap / cap.

Once you get your hands on RoFaP and Havel's ring (both tied to NPCs so should be hard to miss), capped END means you can slap on heavyass armor to abuse the poise mechanic.

darks souls 1 wasnt your first was it?

It was, DS:PtD on PC and i ran with m+kb. pirated though

I didnt know jack shit and i was one of the unlucky ones that got his shit shoved in with the skellies in firelink (then found the undeadburg side because of so many beginner tips so easily available).

Funny thing, i fell in love with the halberd because i was so bloody bad at rhe game that the extra reach was amazing. Switched up to int end game when i dropped the MLGS and it looked too swag to not use. Always had my trusty raw bow handy for pulling and cheesing.

Because of this ive been doing the same "pump end" mindset for DS2 (didnt finish) and now DS 3. I appreciate raw being available so early. I normally dont buy gear ofd NPCs but fuck it if i wasnt going to grab my bae halberd from the handmaid right at the start.

I usually dont level end that much because its wasted stats on most of my characters, its not "op"
getting your shit pushed in by skelemen usually at least gives you access to the zweihander and the winged spear, so there is that (this is also what happened to me)
raw being actually good is a godsend in ds3 but I still find no use for encumbrance other then to use all six weapon slots and more stamina just means you can R1 more which you shouldnt do

Well ofcourse i know better now, hindsight is always 20/20. Just telling rhe guy that seems new what worked great for when i was starting out. The big difference likely lies in me playing a yarred copy thats always offline so spamming WA and shield turtling actually make sense to run through the game.

Happy so see them tune END down in DS3 by having weight limit tied to a different stat.

Ive fogotted most everyhing i know from DS2 other than exact part where i just got up and stopped playing after bashing my head through scripted bullshit way too many times so i dont remember how stats worked there. fucking doorway ehere you cant lure mobs 1 by 1 and triggering one makes like 3-4 high agro high damage 2 hand weilding niggers gangbanging you. 0/10 DS1 didnt do bullshit 2hard4u scripts

it sucks shit, encumbrance is useless in ds3 since all armor defends you the same, poise dosnt real, and all rolls below 70% are the same

Not a bug. Hacking.

Bone fist
Majestic Greatsword
Puzzling stone sword
Santier's spear

oh? what did I miss I have not noticed

Great fucking board.

The Tomb Raider thread had a bunch of posts deleted at the start(about 10 posts total.)

Shitty mods are gonna be shitty mods. There is not much you can do about it.

If you want to know all of the posts of that faggot were deleted from the board, but go ahead and defend him like the rebel you are.

I guess a jew can't help but shut things down.

I know right. Everyone knows the proper term is Souls-like.

This might help if you haven't seen it yet dubsman. Beware though, it's chock full of memes.

No. You're a cuck

So much board meta going on

I havent leveled the weight limit stat yet so i wouldnt know but as a game design/game mechanics hobbyist i can see why they would make poise the way it is and for disabling the leveling of gear to prevent the feeling of gear checks through static defenses.

The roll being the same up to 70% is bullshit though, i agree. It disincentivises going light for advantage (other than that one shitty ring i guess). I never realized because i never tried going super light i just assumed a fast roll existed.

>motherfucking torsig rushing at me
>try to walk backwards still facing shield to him just in case
>it eats through 33 END worth os stamina
>stagger
>die like a bitch
I wish i knew not to kill the boss room near the opening with 2 phantoms immediately, i just went with my gut because i was embered and i saw 2 summon signs. Having jolly cooperation in this area would have really helped.

Beating Dark Souls 1 unpatched on a console is still one of my greatest vidya accomplishments

I'm conflicted as hell. On the one hand, once I got past the first area it feels much better. On the other hand

FUCKING IRON KEEP HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK

I wish this was real concept art.

Ad what do you know, it turns out that not only do you get free estus, but you also get free humanity when someone upboats you message. i think

You get free estus from someone kindling the bonfire you rested at last. You get humanities from ratings, I think?

Not for nothing but didn't "Let it Die" be just that?

Get on my level.

No, you get soft humanities when you kill so many enemies in an area where the boss is still alive.

boop boop boopity boop! Yes, the smithy in 1 is further than Lenny, but for fuck's sake it's not that different.

homo

Die by the sword is the blade of severance of soulsborn medievil clones.

Why am i invading people that act like they're pulling King Crimson on me, killing me in one hit while blocking while my hits seems to "ghost" trough them?

enjoy your lack of mods

Because they are the emperor and their ability stands at the apex of reality.
Dunno, sounds like shitty lag.

On an unrelated note there's a few things you should keep in mind, scrubfag:

Is it normal for all the assholes on the way to Undead Purgatory to aggro at the same fucking time when the first one does?

The only reason to play dark souls is for the effay armors

Thanks, on a different note, why is every single scumbag, and i mean EVERY one of them, a chaos magic shitter? I want to have some nice hide and seek game, spamming wood carvings and finally a nice one on one duel, and the only thing these asshole do is fire chaos magic the moment they so much as see me. Is this some le epic meta i am not aware of because it's getting tiresome.

Do you mean Pyromancy or Dark Magic from Oolacile? If the former, then git gud you faggot, most pyromancies are easily dodged, and in my opinion the only one ever worth using is Power Within + your weapon buff of choice or magic projectiles. If you're talking about the latter, then you can acquire an item, I think it's called the Silver Pendant, which allows you to deflect the dark magic before it hits you. Problem with this is that the most popular dark magic spells are quite fast, so it's sort of useless in close quarters against the incredibly fast Dark Bead, so keep that in mind.

I'm actually worried that if I keep playing some creepypasta level shit is going to happen. Like, I've played this shit so much that bugs like this strike at nerves I didn't even know I had. I don't know what's even fucking causing the issue - reboots of the game or my system doesn't resolve it.

those are normal, its actually that bad

I hated DS2 and i scrubbed most of it out of my memory except those mothefucking royal knights thatrush out all at rhe same time if you tigger one bullshit and im not sure if thats because of your toaster or its legitimately because the game is coded like shit. Post caps though for creepy pasta buildup.

Of all the shit wrong with DS2, performance isn't one of those things.

So, the higher my faith the more damage i do with WOD?

Maybe he played the early builds that were kinda shit until they fixed everything.
Performance really is fucking great and it's easily the most optimised out of the 3.

Yeah, plus pretty much any other faith type spell (lighting spear, sunlight blade, etc)

I ask because some fucboi invaded me in the tomb of the giants, actual human, not the Paladin, i did wod on him but the damage wasn't all that great, thankfully the dumb guy didn't know that i was waiting for him beneath the ladder leading to the cliff and Nito's lair so i sent him flying to his death.
19000 souls for nothing.

Game runs great because of downgrade. Probably because you play on toaster. But I dont think it suppose to get worse over time. May be look for suitable drivers for it? Problem may be caused because you have old/new drivers. Or you just dont have enough ram for it. In that case you can try killing eevry other process besides game, but it probably wont help either.

Early builds were fine in ds2, they were fucked up in ds3 without patches and ds1 without fan fixes.

Did i just get le epic trolled by le XD Dark Souls community?

Yeah, because you have to press one more button to get to it.

While an enraged gorilla demon is jumping on my spine.

Bumpan for the valiant black knight that helped me kill tsorig.

It's the Lord of the Fallen of Dark Souls

Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Demon's Souls

Whatever it is, one thing is certain. Dark Souls 2 is better than that overrated nostalgia cancer known as Demon's Souls. Demon's Souls does nothing better than any other Souls game, it is a mess, counterproductive ideas such as world tendency (in direct conflict with the online play nature of the Souls games), retarded healing system and the most garbage, gimmicky and easy "bosses" in the entire franchise. The only good thing about DeS is that it led to the creation of the amazing Dark Souls trilogy and the flawed masterpiece that is Bloodborne.

BB > DAS3 > DAS > DAS2 >>> my shit > DeS.

Go play Turn based games you absolute shitter. Dark Souls 3 is great, if you suck dick at the game, that is YOUR PERSONAL PROBLEM, not that of the game. I am glad Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 raped garbage gamers like you, you don't belong in this genre, go back to turn based combat games.

Really made me think.

Demon's Souls is dogshit, overrated garbage. Stay high on nostalgia trash, we all know why you hate DaS3, you got your ass handed to you, stay mad.

Demon's Souls is dogshit, overrated garbage by nostalgia high low IQ subhumans. Both DaS2 and DaS3 are superior to Demon's Souls.

Jesus fucking christ m8 calm your butthurt

It's not that I can't, it's that I gave up on trying.

Lmao the little autist got triggered because people with working brains shit on his guts simulator. Go eat come glue, it won't fix your adhd but at least you'll shut the fuck up like mommy likes ahahah

Reminder that the best soulsborne is coming out next year

I want to hang out with and ride the calm ones shoulder

1>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

prove me wrong, shitters.
protip: you can't

Too bad about all those particle effect. I can't see shit captain.
The only redeeming factor would be if you get to play as russian loli.

I can, you put 2 above anything, it should swap places with 3

looks like it might be good if I run it on the lowest graphical settings and get the gay shit floating around the character and every attack out of there

I'll take B-Team over A-Team half-assed fan pandering repetition any day of the week.

Yeah, but there was a lot of that in DaSII as well, just not as much as in DaSIII. Besides, what about the general improvements? Some enemies will punish you if you try to circle strafe them, you can roll pretty freely in any direction, even when locked onto a target, and weapon arts are a nice addition that give weapon classes some distinctive differences. Maybe DaSII had some things right, like some generally better covenants and the power stance, but it got a hell of a lot more shit wrong than it did right when compared to DaSIII.

>smack wall to reveal, actually amazed of whoever thought of that little secret unlike the area before where i'm sure i missed 1 or 2 because i can see unreachable items
>nope.gif
for all the claims that the game is linear, that was some sweet exploration. i can't imagine all the shit i must have missed not going the wrong way first but at least i got a good idea of the map now.

Irithyll is generally regarded as the highlight of DSIII.

I enjoyed the first part of the ringed city when you kept descending in this dead place at the end of the world.
It could also have to do with the fact that I enjoy made in abyss, so I'm hungering for a game with that feel.

>mfw the NPCs right before the prince aldrich/whatever the fuck the cripple's name is fight
Jesus dick, thank christ she was the last one and just kept winding up spells
Shit just makes me want to go back to DS1 and remake my sorc build though

The root of the complaints, as I understood it, wasn't necessarily that the level design wasn't linear, but that the world design was. Dark Souls had the interconnected hub that allowed you to go wherever you like for the most part right from the beginning if you knew the right shortcuts or back doors. Dark Souls 2 also allowed you to decide where to go from the beginning, but nothing was connected. So Majula was, more or less, an elaborate level select menu. Dark Souls 3 on the other hand nothing is connected and there is no option to do anything other than Lothric Castle early. Even then you have to go through High Wall no matter what.

Not entirely related, but this is also why the lack of meaningful build variety hurts in Das3. You have 1 build archetype (light armor, fast weapon) and 1.5 directions to go in. I heard this got better with recent updates though.

On a side note, I found two different maps that say Revolver Oceiros is connected to High Wall, but that's fucking wrong. What's worse is one is the official Fextralife map.

Meant to say "was linear" fuck me.

It really hasn't
In PVE sorcery falls off halfway through. Its not even worth the utility. There are only two utility spells that saw any use for me(spook and pestilent mercury)
I finished the game with a crystal claymore with 50 int and 20 str and it was simpler to just use the claymore to kill everything unless the spell one shotted them.
Compare that to a light armor build where you'll be staggering bosses left and right and doing more damage due to ripostes. It remains useful in PVP too.

Thank you. I wanted to say the 1 build was light armor, fast weapon, and no spells, but I wasn't sure since I haven't played recently or done a spell build.

Yes
But Demon's Souls is the Dark Souls of Souls Games

God, this game looks like shit.
into the trash it goes.

I miss the atmosphere dark souls 2 had for some reason. There was something about the community in conjunction with the game that felt unique