Don Mattrick

Anybody know whatever happened to Don Mattrick? After an entire established career, he finally quit Zynga on April 8, 2015. Nobody ever heard of him again. Did he just permanently retire or something? Did he screw up at Zynga after screwing up at Xbox division?

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2015/04/08/why-ceo-don-mattrick-is-done-at-zynga/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can only hope he fucked off forever.

venturebeat.com/2015/04/08/why-ceo-don-mattrick-is-done-at-zynga/

Apparently he had to take Zynga's Farmville and put it on mobile. Instead, he made 2 sequels on mobile that flopped, then made a bunch more games that flopped. He fired over 300 people. He ruined Zynga's poker game by redesigning it, which pissed people off so bad nobody would play it anymore. He got replaced with the previous CEO.

I still have no idea what he's up to.

Looks like he retired, doesn't seem to be anything related to a new position or workplace.
You'd think he was a women with how badly he has fucked companies up.

He probably killed himself or got murdered by microsoft's hitmen.
I hope he did

who fucking cares about some suit

who?

dead

His LinkedIn says "Other personal Projects" now which is pretty much code for "retired". And the even more insane part about the Zynga thing was that he was the biggest individual Shareholder in Zynga. The other shareholders forced him out. At the same time he's married to an heiress of Canada's largest oil company and has one of the largest Ferrari collections in North America so there's no justice in this world.

Good. Fuck him. I hope nobody in the industry ever hears from him again. He can enjoy being rich all he wants, just as long as he does it far away from anything involving video games.

It's easy to forget this guy even existed. Also, fuck, I never realized how much damage he did to baZynga.

Not for me. Mattrick was largely responsible for Microsoft's vision for consoles in mid-2013, a world where people didn't own the things they bought, and where mandatory surveillance was the price of fun.
There were a lot of people, including me, who took that as a very serious threat, not only to video games, but to consumer rights and to basic expectations of privacy. It's something I will never forgive or forget, and Mattrick was its primary architect and public face. He has earned a lifetime of hatred from me.

what the fuck is zynga?

Unfortunately, when you've reached that executive level, it doesn't matter how badly you fuck up. You'll still get millions in bonuses, and if the board fires you, you get even more money in severance. But at least he's probably done fucking things up in video games. He'll most likely come back to "shake up" another established industry that relies heavily on marketing, like soft drinks or liquor or snack food.

Company that made Farmville and a bunch of other shitty P2W browser/phone games. They're also notorious for ripping off and cloning other games.

It must have been swell for you reading that Apple basically put a Kinect in a phone last week and now everyone is eating it up like it's brand new revolutionary technology and Tim Cook is an absolute genius.

Apple takes a shit and the media call it a miracle. They're clueless dipshits. Dennis Ritchie died in the same week as Steve Jobs, and none of those hacks reported on the former. They're like children; they see the Apple logo on the machines that they use for their """""work""""", and so they associate all computing with the visible face of the company.
I'm glad they're eating shit these days. I hope they all lose their jobs. The Internet already killed journalism, but now I want the remaining pieces to be mopped up and thrown away forever.

if i were him i would move to some banana republic and live the rest of my days in luxury

Well to be fair what he did was a good thing, it killed a shitty vidyja

Microsoft: wow Balmer really fucked us on that smartphone thing, at least we have xbox market dominance
Don: hold my beer

>>>/facebook/

Didn't he work on a mobile garbage now?

I've got to hand it to this guy, he fucked up the Xbox brand so badly it still hasn't recovered. I doubt any of us will ever be in a position to bungle anything so monumentally.