Turns out there's an eater egg in every Switch to remember the passing of Satoru Iwata

Every Switch has a NES emulator with the game Golf in it's system. However to access it the system's internal clock must be set to the date of july 11th (the day Iwata passed), then detach the joycons from the system and move both controllers away from you.

Basically we can play Golf one day of the year, every year, to remember Iwata.

Other urls found in this thread:

edition.cnn.com/2001/BUSINESS/asia/03/18/tokyo.okawalegacy/index.html
archive.is/13Xp
segaretro.org/Dreamcast_consoles_in_Japan
archive.is/jtc57
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kind of weird they didn't use Balloon Fight

Switch couldn't handle the specs

Never thought about it that way, either way it's pretty cool.

RIP

Because Golf is a boring title that nobody would ever buy but Balloon Fight is still a profitable title that's fun to play and giving it away for free would make 'em lose possible sales.

fuck.

I believe this version of Golf has Joy-Con motion compatibility. A waggle version of Balloon Fight would suck and get tiring quick.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND

Excuse me?

BTFO

In the "Direct" hand gesture.

If the NES games on the Switch will get modified to have online multiplayer, Balloon Fight would be one of the few Nintendo published NES games that has simultaneous 2P multiplayer (instead of alternating like SMB, DK or Golf) so they could be trying to sell BF with that feature of now you can finally play Balloon Fight online!

I dont know why but thats funny to me

With that, they're saying he pulled the switch.

That's really cool, actually

edition.cnn.com/2001/BUSINESS/asia/03/18/tokyo.okawalegacy/index.html

that's what he gets for unleashing the wii and amiibos on the world

you losers are sucking tiny gook dick harder than fatmericans sucking banker-jew dick lol

archive.is/13Xp
don't give CNN anything

Thanks for posting. I heard that Switches had Golf secretly in them, but had no idea how to access it, or knew it had anything to do with Iwata.

Anyone here remember that time that Bernie Stolar went to a Sony promoted golf event and paid the caddies to replace all the PS branded golf-balls with Sega branded balls. Then had a guy in a Sonic the Hedgehog costume roll around the course doing doughnuts in a golf cart while a skywriter flew overhead and write the message "Dreamcast is coming".

I think about shit like that, and I just want to smack Phil Spencer in the fucking teeth and wipe that shit-eating grin off his face for being such an anti-competetive numale cuck that he's willing to throw the Xbox under the bus rather than market their fucking machine. No, we gotta game our game consoles safe spaces now - it doesn't matter who wins or loses, as long as everyone has fun. Wouldn't want that toxic masculinity and primitive chest thumping scaring off women and minorities, after all.

Yeah, that really didn't save the Dreamcast did it

He will be remembered forever just like the fat fetish dragon oc in undertale bitch

So what, it was fun. Remember, like games are supposed to be? Like games used to be, before everything went mega-corporate and focus-tested to the lowest common denominator and crammed full of microtransactions to extract maximum profits.

Honestly how would Phil have done Xbox Marketing better after the initial release and Microsoft showing their true colors(as I type this out I just remembered the $100 kinect eye)?
And all the marketing in the world isn't gonna matter if your IPs keep getting cancelled because microsoft heads add stupid requirements on them like 60fps 4 player co-op all in 4K and realtime destructive physics processed by the cloud?
Even on top of that when they do release an old game like phantom dust they make it a microtransaction machine; Microsoft is corporate cancer and Phil Spencer can't hide it.

This is fucking retarded!

And two years later Sega discontinued the Dreamcast and all future consoles.

Phil never said anything SJWish. Aren't games supposed to be about fun? Why would you want your game not fun?

I got Phil Spencer confused with Implicit Dick Spencer for a second and discovered that Wikipedia is calling him a "white supremacist" now.

It's funny you say this when Microsoft wanted an iron grasp over the video game industry, and thus, the living room of every consumer from Day 1 when making the Xbox. Phil's biggest mistake was working for them in the first place.

Peter Moore only killed it in America so that Microshit's console would have less competition, it still lived on in Japan and kept getting games (official ones even).

He did. Phil marketed the Xbox as a gaming machine, when Don nearly killed it by marketing it as a DRM TV box. The Xbox One and games have sold millions.

Are you talking about Microsoft making most of their games playable on Windows 10 and Xbox One? That should logically happen because they are both the most successful Microsoft products. Putting their games on both systems will still help them succeed.

And Sega doesn't make consoles over there anymore.

Not as cool as the shit Kenji Eno did.

I miss when devs actually talked shit and backed it up instead of virtue signalling.

Nope, it died in Japan too and the decision to kill it was Japan's. It was just developer friendly enough that many middle market devs just ported games to it out of necessity. No new Dreancast units were produced after 2002 in Japan.

segaretro.org/Dreamcast_consoles_in_Japan

He never made a good game and is only praised by HCG101 reading hipsters lol

Games always were kiddo, things were just more hands off.
That was always the endgame.

git gud
And how would you know that?

Never trust fucking jews named (((Bernie)))

because some faggot posted the Untold Jap Devs book here in another thread and it was endorsed and sold by them.

I don't know much about him, but D seems to be popular. It's still getting good ratings, and it sold 1 million copies.

That's probably a combined total of PS1, PC, 3DO, and Saturn sales.

Just because some cuck book has an entry about Eno isn't a reason to dismiss him. HG101 has entries on STALKER, might as well not play those games any more right?

All that shit about Eno has also been known for years.

Citation needed

That's so badass!

Wikipedia.

archive.is/jtc57 Page 5

I never implied that you shouldn't play something because "X site I don't like" talked about it. That's you trying to put words in my mouth buddy-o.
Known, by a handful of people perhaps.

You're the one implying Eno's games are shit for hipsters like Cuckcore Gaming 101 and they aren't worth playing fuck-o
Nope, it was out there in interviews Kenji gave himself which can be found online. Sorry you're too lazy to rely on The Cuckold History of Japanese Games.

Never said that they are for hipsters, just that hipsters are the only people who care about his crappy artsy fartsy games outside of Japan.
Nobody in the west ever gave or gives a fuck about Kenji Eno, just because there exists interviews with him by western media it doesn't mean that he was ever relevant or in anyones radar outside of Japan.

Nice opinion.

That's nice, too bad relevancy isn't the issue here and I was just pointing out he had brass balls to do what he wanted. Sorry that he must've fucked your mom for you to be triggered about him.

Keep sucking off your obscure dead jap dev dick, i'm sure it's gonna pay off one day ;)

God you are both retarded. Thanks for fucking up the thread.

Keep getting triggered that a dead Jap dev shat all over Sony, i'm sure it's gonna pay off one day :^)

Not my fault we have crossposters shitting up the thread. I just wanted to contribute to the thread, he got triggered by a dev he hates for hipster reasons.

?

Eno clearly makes you mad to the point that you sound like you hold a grudge against him. Sorry he decked you in the face.

You know, the shithole you came from like every other shitposter this past month >>>/cuckchan/

Don't take internet posts at face value like that lad

Crossposters.

I have never been there.

Or maybe he means cross posters?

wew don't get so triggered by dead people lad

No need to lie on the internet kid.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Is it so unbelievable to you that not everyone posting here comes from cuckchan?

?

>Never trust fucking jews named (((Bernie)))
As if the rest of them were any better…

Golf is a bit more casual/personal, like you're taking time out of your day to play golf with Iwata

/jp/ IS INVADING

Who the hell calls them joycons?

Same people who used to call cartridges "game paks"

I can never unsee it.

Nothing wrong with hating Nintendo, but at least read the post you're bitching at first.

Everybody. That's what the Switch's pair of controllers that attach to the console are called. Every game that uses them calls them that, the console instructions call them that, and all the system menus call them that. What would you propose calling them?

>tfw that's on my birthday
>tfw it's not Balloon Fight

They're also just another attention whore. You faggot newhalfs need to stop feeding them.

man did that site ever turn into Neogaf. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they went back and edited old entries to correct 'problematic' speech.

They actually haven't last I checked. Pretty much all their 2004-2008 articles still have things like calling female characters sluts depending on the author.

Jesus Christ, the feels.

Controllers

Branding isn't necessarily an evil thing you know. Get over it and call them what they are.

as opposed to playing the ROM any day of the year because any toaster can handle an NES emulator, you can even play it on a website

but yeah good thing you dumped +$300 on a switch to have access to this killer app

8/v/ has really gone down the shitter lately.

Nintencucks everyone.

It's still better than 99% of all games released today.

Fuck you I love golf games and I have NES golf sitting in my NES right now.
If I had a switch I would be pretty fucking excited if the whole new motion control thing turned out to be true

Heh.

If I found out that my death was associated with the Switch I'de kill myself.

#JOYCONBOYZ XDDDDDDD

Only a lazy ass Holla Forums shitposter could take a small easter egg and paint it as a cheap marketing tactic

I wasn't that bad but I pronounced them "turr-ays" because the word looked like a french word or something

I'm sure Iwata's would is rolling in his grave knowing the only good game on the switch is a NES port of one of his games, and it's not even his best NES one.
Fuck modern Nintendo.

It's modern Nintendo. You genuinely have to wonder sometimes.

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

You do know iwata was alive when they were making breath of the wild right?

And? Iwata was alive when other shitty Nintendo game's were made too.

At least your death wasn't associated with the VirtuaBoy.

Funny how he died a week after the Wonderswan overtook the Gameboy in sales in Japan.

Complete coincidence.

Wow man you're so cool. I wish I could be a cool dude like you and hate video games constantly.

VirtualBoy wasn't that bad, it had good games in comparison to the switch.

He also died in the same year as Chris Farley and the same month of Super Mario Land 2 debut.

You silly conspiracy theorist goof

I think he meant free

Sorry user, did I upset you by saying a game you like is shit?

I hate Nintendo nowadays too. I used to be an adoring fan when it came to their shit but all of this amiibo garbage and so many games just feeling mediocre and watered down, or only good to great at the best, just kind of threw me off. I've gone a little /vr/ and I'm turning into a bit of a SEGAfag, watching them from the sidelines and hoping they do something really good soon. The Denuvo shit they've been doing is kind of gay but I'm hoping someday it'll stop being a thing, and that maybe soon we'll have something really rad that they'll show off like a new NiGHTs or Jet Set Radio.

I just want a company I can trust, goddamnit. I got /vr/ games for now but at the end of the day I just want more companies that will consistently put out good experiences

Who gives a fuck? I care about games, not celeb bullshit.