Is Deus Ex the BGOAT?

Is it actually the BGOAT?

I've seen it recommended on several sites as one of the best games of all time along with OoT and Half-Life. I've also seen this game talked about a little bit on this site.

Has it aged well and is it better than most of the normalfag choices for the BGOAT (Just to refresh your memory. These are the normalfag choices for the BGOAT: KH, OoT, HL2, Gears of War, Far Cry, WoW, GTA, Skyrim, God of War, FF7, Fallout 3, Bioshock, Minecraft, and The Last of Us)? Or is it a product of its time like FF7 and WoW?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l1TRggI75Tc
store.steampowered.com/app/508140/Zombitatos_the_end_of_the_Pc_master_race/
encyclopediadramatica.rs/Zone
4chan.org/flash
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't you play it and find out, fucko?
here's a tip: games considered GOTY everywhere like OoT and HL are never actually the best.

I thought I deleted this thread but it looks like the delete button did not work as intended. Speaking of which let's make fun of normalfagfags.

I was going to delete this thread in favor for a thread about the normalfagfag gaming tastes?

It looks like shit and the first few hours are awkward like hell until you adapt to the game.

Once you get to Hong Kong the game picks up and yeah it stands head and shoulders above the rest of those.

What the fuck?

WHY DO YOU KEEP MAKING THIS THREAD?

I've only made one thread. If you have seen two than you saw an error.

LIAR

but you are objectively wrong. Desu Sex isn't even in the top 20.

Hope, this game is not like Xenogears which I picked up because it looked cool. Xenogears, while having an interesting concept for a story was a total waste of time that was full of uninteresting platforming, easy mindless gameplay, poor pacing issues, and terrible dungeons.

First FarCry is Crysis but with less gimmicks and some better gunplay.
Its good shit

Also, why do you keep remaking this shit thread OP?

Which top 20? Holla Forums's list (if there is one), 4chan's list, your list (that is in your head), the clickbait journalists, or Reddit? I've looked at 4chan's list and it was ranked number one.

user Half-life 2 is non that list. this has to be cuck/v/

on*

Its cuckan alright

It is cuck/v/.

It's also not the only list they have made.

I really forgot how shit that list is

To be honest it is no different then what idiocy IGN or GameInformer would have cooked up.

Who is this semen demon?

NO YOU ARE ALL WRONG THIS IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=l1TRggI75Tc

Thing is you can tell that list was made in 2011, when cuck/v/ was shit but still better than any other forum out there. Nowadays, yes, that list is exactly what a modern IGN list would look like.

waste of trips

Lets be real, trying to make a best game list by "settling" with other anons for a popular instead of an extremely niche choice leads to nothing more than normalfaggotry like IGN's.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say the best games ever made are Endless Legend, Heroes 3, Serious Sam, Morrowind, Sands of Time, Dwarf Fortress, Planescape, Pathologic and EYE. Out of these, maybe three can actually be a contender for a mainstream "best game" list. This doesn't make the other games I listed not have merit. It makes them a more niche choice, depending on the aestetical values you find the most important. That's a trick of highly developed taste. You're not ranking the best by how realistic, flawless or awesome they are, but by the meaning you know the game produces. This is why Armond White is a perfectly respectable critic and while his picks are shit, his taste is most certainly more developed and better than yours.

If it were some IGN they would've for some unexplained reason put a bunch of indy-titles nobody played at the higher positions just to "include newer titles".

I'm so sick of these shitty platformers that isn't even better than fucking Mario.

No.
The game does a lot of neat things that do justify playing it at least 2 times since the plot is more interesting the second time when you understand the secret motivations of characters and you have 2 augmentations for each slot so you get to try them all.

However past that, it's issues start showing up.
The collision boxes are a bit fucked, the locational damage is breedy gud until you realize that you alone have it and there's little you can do to influence what body part will be hit, like taking cover or running to minimize damage to your legs, etc.

The augmentations are also in a linear fashion, you'll always unlock them in the same order. This is something I actually much prefer Deus Ex 2 over 1 since you started the game with 3 canisters for plenty of choice in early game and you were free to pick and choose what augmentations you wanted (or even upgrading them) at will.

The RPG mechanics and the weapons were fairly solid and it's not a bad shooter, but the melee is really very basic, pretty much every weapon will feel broken with enough investment in skills and upgrades and there's some skills that are almost useless competing with other much more usefull skills, like Swimming and Hacking, not to mention how pointless it is to invest in Demolition when just about everything dies to a single LAM anyway save rare exceptions.

The game is lengthy, it has a pretty cool story and world, very good RPG mechanics especially how it rewards you XP and how you have multiple options to tackle the game that aren't as blatantly obvious as newer games often make them.
But it has problems that you have to overlook (not an hard task actually) and therefore it's not perfect.

I heavilly recommend getting that overhaul that changes how skills work and giving you more content as well as making the world prettier without actually changing it's geometry and then going LowTech/Enviromental/Swimming and maybe complement it with Lockpicking and Electronics.

Whatever happened to GOTYAY?

Is it broken? I can't do shit.

Has anyone ever actually picked Far Cry for the best game of all time?

I hope not. I hope nobody picks deus ex either.

The point was, regardless of quality, I've never seen anyone claim Far Cry to be the best game ever. Even if he maybe meant FC3 I've never seen that either.

best game of all time? deus ex is definitely up there, but i cant really pick one without breaking it down by genre.

wow what a shit list.
also mgs2 > mgs3

>store.steampowered.com/app/508140/Zombitatos_the_end_of_the_Pc_master_race/
this is worse than the twin towers

Deus Ex was a good game but not a great one. I'm not sure how it became such a huge thing as it was big back then but not as big as it is now and is praised by people who have likely never played it. It's like a less extreme version of what happened to planescape: torment where time passing somehow turns it into a masterpiece.

Let me understand this: you're trying to get people to actually agree on the best game ever?

This is how i know it's a bait post.

The list predates Holla Forums and probably you

Undertale shill detected

I'm pretty sure we made that list before the exodus.

It's because it was an FPS with actually decent RPG mechanics that made your playthrough genuinely different depending on what you picked up.
Dunno if there were that many before it that tried something similar, but if you compare just about any action FPS, you're always playing the same character in every playthrough meaning you have the same weapons, abilities and playstyle. Deus Ex was actually way more open-ended in it's aproach to gameplay than most other games.

The story is pretty good. I'm sure it resounded a lot with people back then and even more so, which easily explains it's growth in popularity. What once was a cool conspiracy theory is now a very certain possibility\reality. It also features some branching story telling that doesn't depend solely on dialogue trees to make your choice, it gives you plenty of opportunities to be the good\bad guy without actually rewarding either one with it's own rewards so it doesn't feel that scripted compared with regular AAA garbage.

You can add Legacy of Kain to that as well.
It's not that their quality increased over time, it's just that they set a standard that was pretty good for anyone that liked story in their games, a standard that a lot of games fail to even come close to nowadays, making these kind of games look much better in comparison.

It's not that these games are perfect gems on their own, Deus Ex has it's issues in terms of gameplay and voice acting, Legacy of Kain has some issues with sounds and boring puzzles and Planescape really doesn't need anything said about it's gameplay.
But either of these games arrived at a time when other games in their genre where severely lacking in something, they filled that niche very, very well and now nothing seems to reach that level.
Of course they look pretty good, they are the top of the mountain in terms of storytelling or open-ended gameplay.

encyclopediadramatica.rs/Zone
4chan.org/flash

It's a good game, but I wouldn't call it the best game of all time

Oh, that's what these pics are of

That's no way to refer to a lady!

Is that a man?

Holy fucking shit what a fucking shit list
I could pull out a better list just by listing shitty licences games made to get money out of children
I mean for fuck sakes what the actual fuck is Mass Effects 2 doing on this list and not a Worst 100 games of all time list
That shitty game has no positive qualities

Looks like a cute girl to me, user

It is ALWAYS a boy in these types of pics. ALWAYS

Tell me about the GMDX mod Holla Forums.

Ok so is this a better top 10 list
1. Undertale
2. Mass Effects Andromeda
3. Dragon Age: Inquisition
4u. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Street Fighter V
6. Mass effects 3
7. Sonic 2006
8. Battleborne
9. Mass Effects 2
10. The Big Bang Theory

OMG WHERE IS SKYRIM???? THATS LIKE THE BEST RPG EVER LIKE ZELDA

No.

Faggot.

Oh man How could I forget, here is a real top 20
1. Skyrim
3. Undertale
5. Dragon Age: Inquisitor
6. Mass effects 3
7. Sonic 2006
8. Battleborne
9. Mass Effects 2
10. The Big Bang Theory
11. The Last of us
12. Dragon Age 2
13: Uncharted 4
14: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
15: Mark eats cake and dies 12 times the V I D E O G A Y M E
16: Yooka Laylee
17: Bioshock Infinite
18: Shrek: All Star battle
19: Gone Home
20: GTA: Nigger Simulator

Oh man How could I forget, here is a real top 20
1. Skyrim
3. Undertale
5. Dragon Age: Inquisitor
6. Mass effects 3
7. Sonic 2006
8. Battleborne
9. Mass Effects 2
10. The Big Bang Theory
11. The Last of us
12. Dragon Age 2
13: Uncharted 4
14: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
15: Mark eats cake and dies 12 times the V I D E O G A Y M E
16: Yooka Laylee
17: Bioshock Infinite
18: Shrek: All Star battle
19: Gone Home
20: GTA: Nigger Simulator

It better not require something as gay as steam.

wow man that picture made me want to jump out my skin. but that's like quoting mencius to a farmer and expecting him to name who it was

well now i know when people spergrage about MGS3 pachislot, I know they are from cuck/v/, cool thanks man

PS HOW THE FUCK DID TF2 BEAT OUT VTMB???

what a bunch of niggers
yeah this has to be a joke

welcome to democracy my man, lists curated by an elite group are far better than this shit

your*

It's shit. Get revision instead.

Revision is trash. It changes the level design to the point where everything is cluttered, too much excess.

I'm trying Revision and I'm not seeing what the hub hub is. It's most significant changes seem to come from Shifter and Biomod, just what exactly does it do on it's own anyway?
If it only changes the map, that's a bit lame. They have more detail and I actually don't think they are that cluttered (vannilla was mostly empty anyway) but otherwise I'm not seeing what's the deal with it.

GMDX at least seemed to drastically change the augmentations and skills, including a neat mastery mechanic for an extra effect once you maxed a skill.

Whats so good about hong kong? I've just arrived at the mission an hour or two ago and it feels just like any other mission it mostly resembles hells kitchen in openess and length but with slightly better music. I still dont see how its where the game picks up

I just got this game for a bit over a dollar on sale.
Which mod(s) would you recommend for someone who plays old school games for their challenge and complexity?

It's the atmosphere. I'll never forget the first time coming down froom the MJ12 helipad down to the market.

Play vanilla.

Okay

I played it for the first time last year with GMDX. Yes it is

GTA is BGOAT. Deal with it

Fuck off and die.
>>>/reddit/

DUDE
CONSPIRACY THEORIES
LMAO

If that's what you want, vanilla is more than okay.
There are a few other mods to change the looks like HDT or something similar that don't change the geometry of the level, just some models and better textures.
There's Shifter and Biomod that change how weapons and augmentations work, check them later after you've seen vanilla.
Afterwards you can try GMDX, which changes a lot of the gameplay and it's a neat mod, or you can be a dumb fuck and try Revision which also does change a few things but not that much compared the GMDX, it uses the other mods mostly and requires that you buy the game from Steam because the method to use otherwise will fuck up your textures.

Has the boss fights improved in GMDX because they were quite bad in the original.