archive.is/6RxAO
archive.is/mbjLC
archive.is/SYNsc
archive.is/f6Flz
archive.is/b4QEh
hooktube.com/watch?v=TJZfptketUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ANGSTILY PUMPS MACHINEGUN

This shit is exactly like DK Returns and modern Rayman games. No difficulty. Non-threatening enemies whose sole purpose is to be part of some combo. Stages set to look somewhat impressive with minimal input from the player. It's shit. The enemies even make it easier to complete the stage

Enemies in Sonic in general, all the way back to the very first, are nonthreatening. They're intended more to be speedbumps than they are to be actual threats, stage-hazards like pits or spikes are more legitimate threats.

Wasn't there a leak about this?

BLACK WRITINGS ON THE WALL

So it's like SA1 or Heroes where the stages are only slightly different depending on the character? People are so god damn thirsty for shadow that they'll cream their fucking pants even if the stages are 95% recycled material. So of course they're eating this up, they have no standards. Hype culture has taken over even the sonic fanbase it seems.

You can see they're trying so hard to replicate that SA2 feeling but making it feel like a weird fucking combination of it and colors, due to the prominent 2D sections. I think I do hear Everett Bradley's vocals in there as well, might just be repeated samples though.

Jesus christ that looks like garbage

Except both DK Returns and Rayman have more platforming than this. Also the music isn't swapped between shit track/good track based on a gimmick.

Also, heads up, there's gonna be a 5th playable character. Sonic Forces site specifies it, who it is, I have no idea.

knock knock

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, no idea why I didn't expect that.

sonic.sega.jp/SonicForces
mobile.twitter.com/SONIC_FORCES_JP
Just in case you aren't aware

sonic.sega.jp/SonicForces

Shits free yo

Oh, shit. Well, I'll eat crow.
SEGA actually done did good.

Oh thank God. That being said, I wonder why it's not just included on the disc.

That's a good idea

Maybe it's stuff they made last minute they couldn't fit on disc?
Who knows whats going on at SEGA.

If they stopped with trying to milk Shadow as edge bait I don't see why they couldn't have Sonic go back to the classic styling and keep Shadow as the "Modern" sonic.
Classic fans can rejoice that Sonic is how he is back during the Genesis days
Modern Sonic can rejoice since they never really cared about Sonic when you have Shadow and then the OC for Chris Chan.

Everybody is happy, provided the game is actually good and isn't bogged with Denuvo.

Shadow never worked in 2d.

why are people praising this furfag commie propaganda

STRANGE. ISN'T IT?!

Eggman is the commie.
I put this in the last thread m8

The first picture on the left looks suspiciously like the Mighty No.9 pizza explosion shot.

His English voice is so much better.

Devil's advocate, maybe they had good reason to put it in as DLC. For example, perhaps there were issues with it they wanted to fix before it went gold, but couldn't, and used development time afterwards to finish it up. That or it's a slight anti-piracy measure since you gotta download this too.

Interesting, yes. We really don't know, but yours is most likely going to be the more popular theory.

Yeah, Mike Pollock has fun with it. Though, the SA/SA2 VA will always have a special place in my heart.

DEATH TO ALL WHO OPPOSE ME

It's odd but in this day and age, it's like this olive branch to feature DLC that you don't pay for to get people to trust you.

Hell, Mario Oddball lets you earn in game attire paid for by in-level collectibles, an unseen practice for years.

Find me the classic sonic game where enemies were only there for the sake of instantly homing dash attacking towards to negate any sort of platforming that could have been there.

Back to sonic 1, foes are rarely a threat and often can be stepping stones to shortcuts. Usually it's the stage layout that is the true "foe".

I imagine the retail copy was already done and this is just something they were working on while waiting.

Sonic 3 has more than a couple segments where you bop midair enemies in a row as a stage-path, I recall Launch Base and Hydrocity had something to that effect.

Yeah but never did the game go like (Just bounce off these enemies to avoid all pits, also worry about timing or accuracy here's the teleport at them move) as part of the level design. also it was a single part of a stage for a single extra route, not the entire premise of the level.

So what's the foe here? The homing attack pretending it's sonic heroes doing a ring around the enemy then flying you off to a pit?

Does this mean that we'll also be able to play as Metal Sonic and Chaos?

I'm not saying the current stages aren't shit. I'm just talking about the comparison of common foes.

Giving Shadow prequel missions to explain why he's one of the bosses, makes sense, I doubt they would do that for every boss character.

That being said, Metal Sonic would be most likely to be playable since he would just have tweaked Sonic gameplay. Chaos has only been playable in SA2's multiplayer. so if he was playable they would either have Knuckles playable too so they could rework his gameplay or reinvent Chaos as a playable character from scratch.

I'd pay money for Metal Sonic to be legit playable in single player

You're kinda right.

who fucking proofread this?

If the homing attack/dash is only for him it makes sense, that's the kind of gimmick you need to design entire levels around the gameplay looks like shit

forces better be good if they're making these weird tie ins
it probably won't, but at least i can pirate it

Wait. They literally spoiled the longevity of Forces.

This means:

Forces totally has 33 levels and that's kinda sad. How many we've seen already?

it's meant to focus all the autism into a single point and cause a singularity of autism.

Indeed.

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

i still miss crush 40

Jun Senoue did the guitars dude.

Where do you think Tails is?

Yup

Shame he died after heroes though. It's interesting to hear that the japs are so autistic about sonic that they control who does the fucking English voice acting too.

Don't a load of the enemies in even sonic 1 have small hitboxes (and spikes that hurt you)? Also you have to actually jump on them or have the presence of mind to roll - it's not more or less automated as it is in the 3d sonics.

wake me when they include something from sonic boom

Why the fuck would you want that, user?

The whole custom character shit is based on sonic boom generic creature designs.

But where's Johnny Gioeli?

Well that looks like trash. I think they'd be better off just outsourcing Sonic to actual fans of the series.

You mean a 4th one, right?

I wish they'd get rid of current actors of Sonic and Shadow

busy making cover songs of 80's heavy metal band Riot

Big bad evil: "something, something, I can bring Maria back."
Shadow the Edgehog: "Okay sold, I'm on your side."

That's going to be the backstory isn't it?

probably

I agree, Sonic's actor works in Sonic Boom since that show is mostly comedy, he can do the Sarcastic jack ass tone of voice perfectly, but he can't do anything else, and I haven't seen Shadow's actor do anything good so far, he just sounds generic edgy.

I seriously doubt that's going to happen, The whole point of the Shadow game was for Shadow to finally get over his past and move forward. Not only do I think that Sega doesn't want to remind people of that point in Sonic, having Shadow influenced by Maria at this point would be serious Character regression.

As much as I would like to see more things done with Maria as a character unless they come up with some bullshit to bring her back to life, which they won't, any mention of Maria should be left in the past games other wise shadow will just be one note "Muh Maria" forever.

Classic Sanic
Sonic
Shadow
[Other Character]
It doesn't even feel like little sanic is there, does it? Barely any representation.
If is right, then we'll get around 45~ ish levels instead of 33, due to the extra character and shadows 3 exclusive levels.

Infinite is an illusion master, so he may morph into her
Then he reaches his end story and is taken under control by infinite, cue sonic's story
OR
Then before brainwashing, he sees him morph into fake shadow and removes Infinite's disguise. Fight ensues inbetween Sonic's story, and you have to play both to know the full enchilada. Bonus points for having shadow be one of the many androids or some weird plot twist.
OR
OR
Then it takes the simple one route story instead of what the older games did.
OR

Didn't understand why Shadow sounded so gruff in Boom until I learned he's exactly the same age as his main counterpart, minus the immortality, i.e. he's over 50.

I'm pretty sure he's just under mind control. I remember seeing a screenshot from the game where Shadow didn't have a gleam in his eyes like pic related, which typically means mind control in Nipland.

I’d ask how you avoid losing your character in the motion of everything going on, but it doesn’t matter because the game’s a cakewalk anyway.

Who are the biggest Cancer based on general negativity? Sonic Comic Book or Fans of Sonic Adventure fans? (Classic Sonic Fans are in the clear, Mania was great) For years I thought it was Comic Book Lore fangs but more an more I am suspecting that Adventure fans and Comic Fans have a large crossover correlation. Sanic Forces is a game directly marketed to the Autistic community. Yet it seems the Autist are the ones who hate it the most.

Possibly as a means to extend the life of the game? Eh, as long as it's free, I don't see an issue with it being unlocked after X time passes.

SA fag here, I hate it because it's a shallow interpretation of what we want. Izuka is becoming another variation of miyamoto in that he's been senile about Sonic for almost a decade and doesn't know what hits that "SA" feeling in the bulls eye. It's almost insulting really. I loved the Boost formula when Unleashed was introduce and then, it got gimped.
What gives? If you're going to make Sonic evolve at least have the common courtesy to do it right and not bog him with useless shit barely anybody wants, werehog, 2D sections in colors, Classic Sonic in Forces, etc.
I personally know what makes Sonic great in both terms of gameplay and story, if I'll ever apply myself is another thing. Christian Whitehead seems to have almost nailed that for classic sonic for the most part, so that's great!

People are becoming excited now because of what THEY THINK this project is, not what it truly became. Think of Forces as the "Sonic 4" of SA-esque games, it's a similar reaction of what Classic Sonic felt had when 4 came out, not a good feeling. It missed nearly all of the marks, of course, I say nearly because at least forces has a higher production value and tries somewhat unlike S4 did, maybe along the lines of S4: Episode two, a step up but still pales in comparison to the originals. Read on.

Infinite comes out more as someone who was made by an outsider and tried to make fun of SA rather than embrace it, it's tilting on the lines of parody and seriousness and I have to wait more to see what his execution is truly like. His motives for now are just "DESTROY, MAKE PAIN, DESTROY", which are different, and lacking from the profound themes shadows had in the past.

Ask me questions about it and I'll tell you, I gave you a small general idea, but if you want more then I'm here.

Well, I don't hate it, It's more of a discomfort.

What about Denuvo?

NO.

I don't see how anyone can trust them after Mania. They might be showing off some free shit, but if they are using Denuvo, it means they still are fucking you over.

Forgot to mention, I was head over heels about the Avatar/Custom Character, but when I read about limiting user input and creativity for the sake of not "Making the Character cooler than Sonic", I wanted to fucking scream.

I agree. I'll most likely wait for it to be cracked. It'll still sell well I recon, but my standards are just too high, I'm an evil entitled consumer who is bad for wanting a project to be slightly closer to what they've set out to do in the past, or just good by itself.
I'm not saying it HAS to be like SA, it can evolve. You aren't seeing anyone complain that Odyssey isn't like Super Mario World, I've seen complains about 64 though, but Odyssey at least fleshes things out and CEMENTS the fact that it's its own beast and makes a unique identity for itself, Forces feels more like a fucked mishmash of discarded, unused, unfinished ideas, artists block, director desperation and some slight development hell. It makes me sad and it makes me angry damn it..

Yeah. Looking at the writers for the game we still have the guy who worked on the old SA plots and Sonic 06's (dear god please dont fuck it), but we still have that Happy Tree Friend writer. So I expect the overly serious and edgy dialogue from him is VERY much intentionally poking fun at how serious the adventure series was. Which has its faults logically as SA1 was fairly light hearted in regards to its story, it was titles after SA1 that introduced those elements; like SA2, Shadow the fucked-mutliple-endings, and 06's extremely repetitive story with one of the worst uses of time travel one can imagine. Judging by how their handling the promotional material so far, I feel they're dipping a little too heavily into the parody aspect. Though I have a feeling they will balance it out with something, either a darker joke or a serious moment or two that arent played up as too self serious. I've even spoken to a few people who've been fooled and think that this is being played seriously.

Either the game went gold before they could do it, or they didn't want to risk bloating the initial installation.
(If it's the latter, blame the Switch.)

But you clearly don't, as evidenced by your love for a garbage game. Why not cool your autism for a bit and let Sega experiment to refine the formula a bit?

Sure A(dventrue) has a few fun levels but overall A1&2 was a trainwreck. I could understand the Miyamoto analogy if 3D sonic wasn't hot garbage. The Forces/Classic Sonic/Generations iteration is literally what Sega has found to be the winning formula in terms of solid 3D gameplay. Sure its not Adventure because adventure controls where wrestling with the geometry, making the game trial and error. Sure you can get accustomed to the jenkem, and eventually get better at the game. But the challenge was largely brought on by memorizing when not to press a direction on the gamepad. While there is no gameplay, I'd much rather see 3D Sonic move towards Sonic fan Utopia. Or at least refine the Lost Worlds Formula (with better level design and removing the run button)

One of the best general critiques I've heard over the years was 1) They need to bring back classic sonic 2) they need to stick with a formula to refine it as opposed to shooting blindly from the hip.

My only concern about Forces is the Aesthetic. It come off as slippy and tonally inconsistent. While I am not a graphics whore, I am an aesthetic whore. For example one of the reason I love Mario games and even Lost World is the comfy art style and strong colors schemes.

Denuvo is not relevant anymore it was cracked along time ago. If you where a preorderfag, then it is a lesson learned.

SA may have a few strong points with sonic levels but the plots was pure cancer.

user, I might seem harsh on SA but I don't think that is the right attitude. Having standards is a good thing. You know what would be really cool, is if Sonic Fans took the time to learn C++ and developed a proper and improved SA engine (similar to the Retro Engine) but without all the Jenkem. Sega was never going to do Class Sonic Justice. It took Stealth and the Taxman to make the dream game. This should inspire you to learn how to program. Maybe you could be the Next Whitehead and put your money where your mouth is when you make the proclamation "I personally know what makes Sonic great"

It looks like a technically competent version but still ultimately hollow version of MN9's game play.

But that's wrong, the Generation formula fails in the sense that platforming is nonexistent and the only focus of the game is going fast. The adventure games had a good foundation, however they can be improved in the modern day, Utopia can be seen as an evolution of that formula.

Shut the fuck up, they may be generic anime stories. However they're far more enjoyable than say Sonic Colors in terms of writing which was a poorly written nonexistent plot. the characterization is all fucked up and the story just doesn't exist. Oh and the running animation from Unleashed and onwards is a bloody mess and you should feel bad for liking those games.

I don't think I've ever bought a game purely off the novelty, yet here I am excited as hell to make Bane the Bunny and break things.

The hell is [Other Character]?

Now that's what I call edg-
Well shit. I was hoping for an improved weapon system, but hopefully this means the other main characters are playable and we can set up Sonic Heroes-style teams (while I get to fuck around with Rouge). And maybe Silver's gameplay style might actually end up not being complete shit and redeem the character after years of lackluster bullshit in main games… Oh who am I kidding. Sega won't do any of that, especially after they pulled that Denuvo shit, and knowing them, this will probably be overpriced DLC or some sh-

>mfw [CREAMING EXTERNALLY]
All is forgiven Sega. My shekels are yours, now and forever.

Any other character outside of the old Sonic, nu Sonic, Shadow and the Avatar that might end up being added or revealed.

NO CLASSIC AMY, NO BUY

If Mania had Denuvo, Sonic Forces surely will have, its a bigger product for Sega.

just how self aware are these fucking writers

If Mania had Denuvo, Sonic Forces surely will have, its a bigger product for Sega.

Sonic Boom? VERY self aware.

SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T
even if it doesn't look great, in this day and age things like this should be lauded

Well, Sega's social media coordinator knows about us and mocked Mark, and Sonic Boom basically feels like its being written by Holla Forums.

I don't see why people hate the guns so much and I don't see why SEGA won't embrace the full edge and let him use guns all the time. I liked that playing shadow the hedgehog, but I was 10 or 12 at the time

I agree. One of the big reason I bought Nioh was because of how Tecmo released no fewer than THREE preview demos for their game.
I believe good behavior should be rewarded.

Guns are there to kill people, since jumping only works on robots. The reason why guns were even introduced in ShTH is for shadow to have an evil route to kill gun soldiers.

I'm willing to endure that bullshit as long as the game delivers on everything else and doesn't pull that refund shit again.

I hate it when you're right user. We really don't have much to look forward to anymore. I can't believe I'm actually looking forward to Sonic games more than anything else.

Eh?

Here you go faggot

Sonic twitter and that guy who designed Amy and Metal Sonic for CD were having a fucking ball laughing at Mark getting twelve game-overs in a row when he leaked Mania.

You can kill people with the homing attack too. The guns are just much faster to kill most enemies with, and more fun since you can do it on the move. Best is when you're fully charged and get infinite ammunition.

Removing them in Sonic 2006 was a mistake too, he's easily the most laborious of the three for having to repeatedly attack units.

I disagree user. I think good things are on the horizon. Maybe I'm just being hopefully optimistic after being in a pit of goddamn despair for so long but it seems like good, even great games are starting to pop up again
and now a large company like Sega beginning to give free DLC?
If it wasn't for Denuvo, I'd be much happier with them, and with Nier as well, but that doesn't mean they aren't solid games at the very least.

And, while this isn't nearly as good as the earlier statement, but companies seem to finally be learning what their communities actually want, at least to some small extent. They still have a LONG ways to go, but the fact that we saw a Fire Emblem Gaiden remake (and it wasn't complete waifushit pandering, regardless of its actual quality which I heard was… decent?) and a Starcraft 1 Remaster (Meh. But the fact that they remastered a game like this at all is shocking and so incredibly rare to see out of Blizzard; they never admit their recent mistakes but this is an implicit one shitting in Starcraft 2's face)

The main problem is that the cancer is so utterly ridden in the industry that it will take years upon years to clear out, but if we can get good games at this pace or even better? I'll be content and optimistic.
That one dude's game looked pretty good? Tim Soret or whatever he is. He cucked out but I think his game will redeem himself. Other games by small studios are getting nice levels of attention.
I've been very pessimistic and depressed about vidya for the last year and a half, but I think a light's finally starting to shine at the end of the tunnel.
I just wish the state of the industry wasn't so wretched that simple things like these make me feel optimistic about the industry's future,
Maybe that's just the Hollow Knight getting to me; I just got it a few days ago and I've been having a blast with it.

Crap. Meant for

that's funny user!

I'd cream my pants for Shadow :3

Well that really ruined my day. Thanks Mark for being such a power-tripping cunt, you're why scrubs are hated and why Never Be Git Gud isn't taken seriously.
Sage for off-topic. Like everyone discussing the subject should be doing.

KEK
God bless you Mark

Well I'll be darned. Maybe life ain't so bad after all.

Johnny Gioeli…
Jo… Gio…?

Will the wonders never cease?

Here's your (You)

I told you all that Holla Forums is a community of scrubs and skillshills are to be banned on sight.

Git Gud bitch

(HaHaHaHaHaHa)

Not arguments. Never Be Git Gud.

Oh hi Mark!

God fucking damn I never thought I'd see this breed of loser on Holla Forums

Holy shit, is this nigger for real?

And just like that, you've invented a new bait tactic. Good job.

THE TIME FOR ARGUMENTS ARE OVER

The fuck, you have nothing to argue against. you just said something retard and were laughing at you.

Oh hi Dean Takahashi!

Sure thing Marky Mark.

Watch what you say about grorious BO, Mark-sama or ding dong bannu 4U.

You ever stopped to consider that mania had denuvo so it wouldn't end absolutely humiliating the fuck out of their "bigger product"? They pretty much said the sales of these two games will determine the direction of the series, and the Japs do not like being questioned.

Then prove why scrubs aren't the real gamers.

guaranteed replies

Yeah, i know. You can't have 2d mainline product in 2017. I bet Forces developers were jealous of Whitehead and his team.

Scrubs aren't even human.

Sure, but no arguments, sadly. Everyone's too scared to go toe to toe with the big bad scrub under the bed.

How so? What's not human about refusing to change for a bunch of 1's and 0's?

I never said they weren't real gamers. When I think of the term scrub I think of someone new to something, As soon as you git gud you cease being a scrub.

That's not your call to make.
Oh fuck off with your shit, it was the paving road to something better, and I liked the game for what it offered, and gave attention to how SA2 began to evolve from the mistakes the first one made, then it devolved right back with heroes/shadow and that's when people started the "Sonic was Never Good in 3D" meme.
Not to mention SEGA began to have issues with their business and had to make drastic budget cuts for EVERYTHING after SA was complete. Which most likely hit SA2 in the middle of development hard. Which explains scrapped features.
archive.is/OYoF9
tcrf.net/Sonic_Adventure_2_(Dreamcast)#World_Ranking_System
They couldn't fully implement the world ranking system, AND a half finished "Battle" mode, which made it onto the gamecube a few months later. No big the cat smh.
After they were done with that, they had no choice but to use RenderWare in their next games due to budget cuts and crisis.
info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Heroes
"The game was developed using the RenderWare engine so that the game could be programmed and ported easily for the multi-platform release", which was the CHEAPEST engine they could use at the time.
It was early and the developers had very little to no experience with a game bigger than Sonic Jam, I admit that much, but it was the earliest project they've worked on to translate Sonic to 3D, and they learned that after the first game. Things were getting good during 2, the movement felt way less slippery and more heavy, more precise, levels became way more polished, collision was better, the animations were a step up as well for the time, something Mario himself didn't catch up on until Sunshine about a year later, then had the upper hand because SA2 was only a port of a Dreamcast game. That's unfortunately the epitome for boost-less 3D platformer Sonic.
archive.is/cuh3a

So, what? Let them keep making enigmatic racing simulators with mechanics people don't want with half-decent content that you are bargaining for and hope to god is worth your time?
At least the earlier games gave you a sense of direction and movement instead of Boost 2 Win, even WITH boost, at least don't fucking nerf it. I'm not going to stand by and have them release things that clearly don't have their own merit.
It was more of a slow rust, I've played the GameCube versions over the dreamcast, and I've seen them as the superior version, so they know how to improve things when given time, which was a big fault of the crew. Their constant insecurities and hectic way of development made them keep fucking up even to this day, and Voila, '06 was the final nail in the coffin that made Yugi Naka quit.
archive.is/NJnnM
He also doesn't like what's being done with Sonic now, he says it's not fun, and frankly, I agree with him.
archive.is/Q3zwO

It wasn't, again. The movement of Sonic in SA1 was very basic, but NOWHERE near as bad as you make it out to be. SA had the upper hand in level design while Mario had the upper hand in movement, the level design in SM64 was very simple and somewhat undecided in themes, it felt very incomplete, especially with the simple geometrics and texturing it had compared to later games like Banjo-Kazooie, but it worked because Mario was JUST that good at moving, regardless of design and layout, he set the standards for 3D movement something sonic really lacked compared to him. I really thought Lost World might solve this, it didn't.
Classic Sonic I understand, because that's what they needed throughout the years, but Generations was a crippled unleashed, even when unlocking everything the game still limited you. Only mods can remove that handicap.
It didn't really fix the Day Stage problems that last one had, I want to have the illusion I did in the early Sonic Games, when you go into different routes and the physics make me feel in control.

You've truly outdone yourself Mark. You went from humorous baitposting to hardcore shitposting in under 15 minutes.

Some people are speculating Infinite would be the fifth playable character, and that he'd have some kind of side story or alternative agenda to Eggman's plans..

In other news, Metal Sonic Mania is coming along great. Custom sprites, new model for special stages, edited scripted sequences. Mania mods are looking promising if Forces falls flat.

I'm starting to think that this may be the best thread we've had in a good while. I'm almost inclined to say that I'm actually having a little fun.

I honestly feel that Forces wouldn't be as hyped without Mania to back it up, really, Sonic games in the past half-decade haven't been that hyped without trying to pander to nostalgia or something else, nobody cared about Lost World, Sonic 4 or the Wii U boom game. Only exception the Sonic Boom show, but that's not a game, is it?
Generations felt like a god send due to CLASSIC SONIC coming back, which was absolutely incredible for the time! Now I want the franchise to advance and make each other own property without bleeding into each other. Something they keep doing right now.
What I recommend is a raw boost-only game with vast fields added mechanics like a time stop feature to quickly turn, or a speed glide feature that lets you take shit up in the air, hell, even switching between boost and SA precision. The wisps were good but were also lost potential on adding to sonics abilities, and became a use-to-lose gimmick.

It wasn't as common for me. If you're talking about casual players, then they'll suck regardless. I'm sure Forces is made for those sucky people. Glorified racing tracks and all.
You have poor hand eye coordination and reflexes then. I really don't understand how you are unable to perceive obstacles and dangers when glitches aren't involved. All you did in the first SA was jump, home, run around, dodge and spin. It wasn't that hard. It was simpler than Mario, how do you fuck it up? The slippery controls got you, didn't they?
Utopia I agree with, it has potential and it just needs polishing, Lost world can go fuck itself though. Abysmal taste.
Classic sonic is a must. Formula is another, I have no idea why Lost World even needed to exist, It was a trash game with not much thought put into how levels should act out for the player, everything about it was the opposite of satisfying. All style, no substance. I barely felt in control.
What needs fixing is the boost formula, when you remove the filler from Forces and Focus ONLY on Sonic, it should be pretty fucking obvious on how shallow his gameplay really is. Playing a game only as him wouldn't be that exciting with the current build in place, which might be why they adding lil sanic and the others, it's not fleshing it out, It's just damage control. They don't know what to do with Sonic by himself, which is why they keep adding on other crud.

Aesthetics be damned. Mario 64 looked like shit, but Mario controlled like a dream, that right there is why Mario beat Sonic. Bad business decisions aside, if your character doesn't sit right with you in the start of the game, it's not going to sit right with you for the rest of it either.
I prioritize movement and roaming over style, but if you can have both, then SURE go ahead.
I think it's the perfect attitude, I don't do this with ONLY Sonic by the way, I've done it with Pokemon, Zelda, Mega Man, Banjo and every other IP, bigger or smaller. A lot of modern directiors and developers have no fucking clue as to what needs to be done to make a game great. They keep passing the torch off to people that are not that passionate, or don't use their passions right. Which keeps enabling the Style over Substance thing. Games aren't as legendary today as they were yesterday.
Very, don't contradict yourself now.

Hold up for a moment. You claim that scrubs are people who are "bad" at games. Yet suddenly it's someone new to games? The term for that is newbies.
Wait, I see now. You're revealing that there's no way to stop being considered a scrub, because the goalposts will ALWAYS move. Thank you, user, for showing me how right I am.

Whenever you're ready to make an argument.

Which is why I'm into programming now, granted, I don't have the experience to make a fucking engine but I do try to take at least an hour or so of my time when I'm not busy. I've only made pong, command files and some scripts. I'm not quite what I want to be, but I know if I keep this up, I'll get there one day. I still need to draw what I want to see as well, figure movements, animations and such.
They aren't doing Adventure sonic justice either.
archive.is/6RxAO
This may be my calling after all, I have a Journal where I write everything I want to see out of Sonic, and integrate newly introduced story/character elements to the gameplay; If it doesn't help improve gameplay, then I won't bother with it. 5 minute long CGI cutscenes be damned.
It does mang, it does
YES. That is something I'm very confident of, It's all about narrative and the execution of that Narrative. If the Narrative is shit, and you can't implement good gameplay with it, then there is no point and you'll get something like Sonic '06. Which showed me the ugliest face of the SA-era and everything about it is a "How to NOT Make a Sonic game" guide. I'd be inclined to tell you that is scared me from that formula and killed Sonic, but it wasn't the formula, it WAS THE EXECUTION OF IT ALL.
I want to put so many things in my mouth user, you have no idea.
Not the only thing I'm gonna put in my mouth btw, big boy
It's also funny how SEGA is still alive when they've had a stream of failures, to the point where even the new CEO shat on the older one.
archive.is/mbjLC
I don't blame them with their steady stream of fuckups.
archive.is/SYNsc

They always do. Also, who's Metal's replacement supposed to be?

How about you come up with some arguments first defending your precious scrub-kin?

Wow fuck you. I'm stooping to your same level of non-argument just to tell you how much you sicken me.
Not how it works, paisan.

Metal Sonic 3.0, Metal Sonic's equivalent made by Eggman Nega. He was in Sonic Rivals 2 and that's it.

I never said that.
If your new at any game unless your someone who's been playing all types of games for years, then odds are you not going to be very good at first.
Scrub and Newbie are interchangeable IMO. I never said there was anything wrong with being a scrub but no one should be staying at that level for very long if they are the kind of person who considers themselves a gamer.

Then my quarrel isn't with you, it seems. Apologies.

Yes. Yes they are and they should kill themselves.

Now that takes me back.

Scrubs truly are worthless.

Well they aren't.

Yes it is, I am a man of cultured taste.
like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.

cool

feelings are not facts. Forces was never meant to be one of your autistic jenkem Adventure games. That factor is a figment of your imagination.
>bla bla bla I hate fun
wow kill out kiddo

good
because they don't want to do it "justice" Forces is not an Adventure game. Its a sequel to the Unleashed/Colors/Generations. The stuff that you believe is "gimmicky" is what makes those games fun. The Boost Mechanic is merely one style. The New 3D sonic has always incorporated 2D and people love it. *Teleports Behind You* Nothing Personal, Kid

archive.is/f6Flz
archive.is/b4QEh
Miscellanious discussions by the way.
Some of these people have a point, namely BlazeHedgehog.
So yes, Unleashed is ALSO trial and error, it was damn good though.

chill out*

Holy shit, we got a legit retard on board.

His black and yellow coloring reminds me gemerl. Like its another case of sega switching the character model like with Sticks and Marine, but keeping the coloration on.

You know what? I'm genuinely impressed.
No, we're actually the best, when you think about it. Let me compare the two:
SKILLSHILLS
SCRUBS
Checkmate.
Yeah sure. Don't mind us, we're just keeping vidya alive. Totally useless.

Ah, so my amount of replies trigger you. In that case

here's a

few more.

Boo-fucking-hoo. Scrubs are facebook-tier trash.

Too bad your hobby is becoming scrubby and you can't do anything about it, hmmmmm?

So you're either a fucking casual and/or a waste of life? Boy that sure is a lot to be proud of.

Why the fuck is Dean Takahashi shitposting about the Scrub master race on here again?

Ad hominem does not an argument make.

Found the gay.

You're welcome famalam.

I should probably find out if they'll be at NYCC so I can go in person and grab a picture with Aaron at least.

I'm damaged. Wounded, even. Also check em
Your next line is related to the fact that I'm still replying. TORYU!

So your entire argument is
Holy fuck, how did you even find out about this board?

Friendly reminder.

Ah, now it all makes sense. A fucking halfcuck refugee fresh off the sinking ship.

I guess it's a fair tactic. If you can't defeat someone, try to make them defeat themselves, right? Flattering.

>>>/tumblr/

not me, I've kinda just accepted it at this point and will use it as motivation to git gud

King of Heroes?

More like King of Zeros.

Yeah, that was one of the highlights of my day.

If you can't into arguments, don't expect anyone to give anything in return, scrublord. Enjoy your 60 game overs.

They had that in Generations 3DS when you fight the Biolizard.

Yeah, but it was more of a cleared up version than a remix with new shit added to it, I guess it's more of a "pure remix"?

Wait a goddamn second.
is the (You)fag I slammed earlier. Remember this post:
Now, given that he doesn't realize dubs are a part of Holla Forums and (You) is not, you know what we can conclude from this?
He projected his being from Cuckchan onto me. His lack of knowledge with what flies here makes it obvious. Ergo, ALL skillshills hail from Cuckchan, making me right about Holla Forums being a scrub haven.
The defense fucking rests. Check and mate.

You're a traitor, by the way.

Also, touche.

Nice doubles, but see
NOW the defense rests.

Congrats scrubposter, you're literally worse than Mark now.

A guy seriously arguing for being a casual. I'm stunned.

Sonic R was the best game

Not my fault we're shit at vidya, use that autism to better yourself.

I'll never "improve" for the sake of a game. I'm a scrub, I'm not going to conform to your rigged system. I am that which the FGC fears, and the scourge of skillshills. I'm unchanging, unflinching, and perfect.
Never Be Git Gud.(GIT GUD)

All bullshit and shitpost baiting aside, this post was actually funny. Thanks for that.

Yeah, crusty semen, dirreah tofu and crushed bugs are some kind of taste.
Some fucking culture you have.
Learn to separate the game from the incompetence of the crew for once.
I'm not the one who decided for '06 to exist, I hated the game and didn't bother completing it. Something I've NEVER done with any sonic game but this one.
If you think having an SA game style automatically means '06 then you're a damn fool.
None of this is fact, we're arguing about what we prefer, which is wholy based on emotion. You yourself have commited a hypocritical fallacy by mentioning what you prefer and how it's much better than what I want.
Zero self awareness.

It didn't, that still didn't stop them from trying to recreate that feeling at all.
If you can't see them using this as bait to lure in the SA crowd ESPECIALLY after having shadow become a playable character then you're fucking retard
Yeah. That much was obvious. I have passion, other people in this board also have passion, to the point where you even want to improve a formula that currently exists next to the older ones. Man, I should go to JAIL for even wanting things to improve for videogames man. How DARE I give a game critisms.
Fuck, I have to stop being such an entitled evil shit and become just another mindless consumer of a drone.
Yes, very.
That much is obvious. Izuka is a hack, no wonder he got downgraded.
It's boring tripe that offer nothing but something that is meant to emulate the fleeting feeling of joy and it can't even do that right. Vid related. Slow paced gimmicks that get you nowhere and get you something that you can already obtain later in the level. So fucking fun. Missed potential.
hooktube.com/watch?v=TJZfptketUc

That's taken up half of the game in past iterations and made lesser in the games now. It's a Sonic heroes situation where Sonic controls worse than the earlier games for some dumb ass reason.
They don't, they love the game in its entirety but I've never seen someone say "Wow! Pale 2D platforming imitations in a 3D Sonic game. This is exactly why I bought this game"
*Unsheathes supreme ultimate hyper god katana*
Sorry, it is you who is a nothing person
*stabs you, spilling your guts all over the floor*
*cuts deeper until you explode into tiny bloody meaty pieces"
I win.

Part of the fun of vidya is sucking at it and then trying to git gud.

I'm chuckling a bit more than I should now. Thanks again.

He doesn't know alternative satan, he just doesn't know.

What the hell is even happening in this stupid fucking thread anymore?

Typical scrub antics of directing poorly-assembled arguments at people who are just better than him.

>Even (((Mark))) is telling you to (GIT GUD)

We're discussing if pumping a machine gun is ideal.

Exactly. if people didn't like improving their skill then arcades would never have been successful.

We've been exposed, let's go home guys.

I don't know, but I love it.

That goes without saying.

Shit, you're a loser's loser.

say's the kid having an autistic fit.
Why do you passionately hate fun?
Where is your video game? Please your arguments lack any substance and screeching doesn't make strong rhetoric.

but where is the sport in that? :^)

Mark did get gud tbh

Then I'm having the biggest autistic fit possible. There's your self awareness motherfucker.
I hate your version of fun. You filthy fucking casual.
In the year 2025, suck my dick.
You ignored them all because you couldn't make a proper rebuttal in time due to being overwhelmed, so you are relying on quick wit to try and do the work for you. Not even gonna mention how you're projecting your own non-arguments, "Why do you hate fun" isn't an argument, no matter how you slice it.
You've ignored about 3/4ths of what I said and are now deflecting everything else I tell you.

You have weak willed debate skills sugarcoated in a false sense of confidence. Your pilpul might be good against someone from twitter, but to me you have shown nothing proving this conversation as productive. You aren't even worth making another response due to your brittle points and arguments. You might enjoy things without adding even a sufficient slab of meat to your claims, but don't act surprised when someone doesn't conform to your standard.

You have failed me, user.
Thank god this is an anonymous imageboard, so you can keep practicing with some bozo that gets in your way next time.

but you admired you are autistic and the walls of text and CAPS-LOCKS seems to be a bit of a what could be called a "fit".
>I hate your version of fun
user I am a man of refined taste and style.
I am not into men.
No I did not, I responded to every substantive argument, the rest were red herrings. You sir have been thoroughly rhetorically defeated.

admitted*

Shadow has a special gift, he is stronger then everyone else in Sonic Academy

Why are those jets bombing their own aircraft carrier?

Why would you argue over fucking Sonic The Hedgehog

Because Sonic is Pure and not for Lewd.

Fuck it, you wanna go that route? Then get ready for THIS.

NO U

It's spelled "pitbull".

I think you lack reading comprehension. All your arguments revolve around a false premise. That false premise is that anyone wants to cater to SA fans. This new game is a new game using the formula popularized by Unleashed/Colors/Generations. It never was and never will be an Adventure game. In fact the Adventure games where never good to begin with. See this guy get's it

Sorry not an argument.

(;

No shit you moron it seems you have objectively proven that (you) lack reading comprehension.

Spoken like someone who either hasn't played Sonic 1 or has forgotten about it.
The first zone has parts where many enemies swarm you and hit you if you are only thinking about going fast
Second zone has the spiked centipedes that will fuck your rings up if you aren't paying attention to the layout.
The casino has spiked enemies you can't jump on, rolling enemies that are faster than you, come from behind and again, will fuck your shit up.
You can argue they weren't "threatening" enemies but they weren't positioned to be a shortcut with homing instakill dashes.

If I didn't mention them then, then I have now.
I was making fun of you, by the way.
God damn you're the worst kind of retard. At least other anons have been able to follow up with something manageable.
You're giving me absolutely nothing to work with here. It reflects sharply on your empty mind.

What the fuck is going on in this thread?

I admit it. All I saw from DKR was a level that looked just like one of those musical Rayman levels in terms of difficulty.

Fun, shitposting, raw stupidity. Not necessarily in that order.

At least you're honest, unlike some people

nice strawman. But I've been thoroughly consistent on my positions form the start. You just cant take no for an answer. The proposition initially was "Who are the biggest Cancer based on general negativity? Sonic Comic Book or Fans of Sonic Adventure fans?" . You austicity have been trying to derail this topic for 20 post now. Very cancerous behavior user.

If this DLC is free. I'll be happy. But I heard it was Pre-order DLC. Is that true?

Also not a fan of modern 2d. It's usually really, REALLY terrible. Like this looks no different or better than Sonic Colors 2d sections terrible.

Why it took me so long to finally cement that this is cancer I find shameful.

Will it be Sega of Europe publishing it on PC? If so, Denuvo is sadly a certainty.

Before anything else. Mark, I'm not evading your ban, you're just retarded and don't realize that your attempts to censor me only lasted 2 hours. I'm not even joking.

Ah, so it triggers you when I speak like this? It hurts your shitty sensibilities when I'm more verbally flexible than you? Your feelings are nothing but shit, and spiting you is one of the greatest of pleasures. To watch you squirm and suffer as I speak is my joy. Your laughter is only a disguise for your bitchboy tears, and you know I'm right deep down.
Yes, I said the defense rests, but I'm twisting the knife. Besides, 2 hours gives you a lot of time to get creative. Even though I maaaay have spent only 15 on this bad boy.

I'm actually angry now. Bravo, user.

12 game overs

Your next line is nothing because you're a (1) and done

CORRECT.

u win prize

i'm only here to shit on mark

that's the normal amount of time for a rule 8 ban.

stop trying to roll for dubs kiddo

God damn it why does it infect everything. Somebody needs to go on a shooting rampage at the spinnin records offices

Pretty scrub tbh friend

It's just Sonic with Metal Sonic's sprite.
Make new levels or something, not cosmetic bullshit.

Don't give him attention. He was in the last sonic thread trying to start arguments about specifically "fun"
not "fun," "fun"

Your best bet is to just hope his ego swells enough that he reveals who he is, in some post somewhere, and winds up on /cow/, since it's happened before with other shitters with consistent posting tics.

Got Generations all modded up with best cat in anticipation.

Also, here's to hoping it's not as "push forward to win as it looks". Generations can look like that as well but you actually have to play the levels a couple of times before you get to that point.

I'm very disappointed

I still like her design so even small breasts don't bother me. I would certainly fug.

flat cat is best cat

exactly!

git gud

This is the work of kayosh isn't it?

Could work with a Stoner 63a LMG, in theory.

I know it's possible to do better, It's a sonic game you can always go faster, but I'd rather play the level my way. my preferred play style is getting a higher score from enemy combos and Tricks, even if it doesn't count for much after getting an A rank the first time.

The prophecy

Has Sonic Team been fucking around with a cosmic entity or something?

You mean the Chaos emeralds?

this is news to me

I am calling it now: playable chaos announced, Florida gets flooded. Screencap this post.

Holly shit Chris Cornell from Soundgarden and Audioslave also killed himself May 18 of this year.
sage for off topic

Someone said he was John Podesta's bastard child and he couldn't handle the Hollywood pedo guilt and associated pizzagate shit

Sonic and mgr crossover confirmed

spooky

I don't always agree, but sometimes flat is just pure justice.

I was thinking of a Metal Gear relation with this game, specifically MGS2. Hear me out:
>Shadow is Olga in the place of character that acts as the antagonist but is actually on the hero's side.
>Knuckles is the Colonel and Amy is Rose and they communicate with you through a com link of some sort.
>Eventually the hero comes back and joins the rookie (hence Sonic coming back to work with the Rookie or Snake to Raiden)
>References to realities and simulations that becomes important to the story later (MGS2 has virtual simulations while this game has those glitch cubes)
>It's all going to come together like the mindfuck that was the Arsenal Gear stage, where it's revealed that Knuckles and the entire resistance were lies and were just AIs tricking the Rookie and people are going to call this the ultimate deconstruction of player input only now it specifies on character creators and fan OCs in general
>Yes, I just know that the story is going to do some sort of decontruction of the idea of OCs and it's gonna be awesome/funny if they went in the MGS2 route.

You don't know what a strawman is.
I answered your question in the first post and we moved on from it when you talked about how much you didn't like adventure, which WAS an argument that was presented by you in your second post. Ergo, I committed no real strawman.
Try again sweetheart.
This also all a matter of opinion and has no truly objective answer.
You yourself made yet another hypocritical error in which you used the "No True Scotsman" fallacy. You keep trying to undermine and constantly ignore everything I've talked about but I'm still going strong. You have no sense of critical thinking and direction with your rebuttals.

What evil is Shadow talking about?

user, "we" never agreed to move on at all, you just autistic rambled for 30 post and I was nice enough to try and encourage you positively and discourage your bad habits. (You) where the retard who thought Statements of fact are contentious debating topics. In fact because of your deliberate incredulity I am even more stefast with my initial assumption that SA fans are pure cancer.
(checked)
He is talking about the evil of unchecked dubs fam.

steadfast*

Don't you mean more at Infogalactic.

I've said this before but it needs to be said again
Andy Bane?

You never bothered mentioning your original point again until now, you've kept it going, moving the goal post and falsely labelled things you disagree with or never bothered refuting as "bad habits", another mindless blanket statement which is once again, a fallacious argument. Anyways.
I think we're done here. At least I am, you haven't been able to keep up for 10 posts now.

user you are the only one moving the goal post. (You) are so desperate to "win" that you didn't realize I was never debating (you). Go back and reread the thread. BTW (you) are getting very boring, therefore I am unfortunately forced to filter (you). Quit pretending to be retarded nigger.

No more (You)'s for you Mr. 563857, your confirmation bias is not fact.
Learn to separate feelz from reelz.

IS IT FINALLY TIME TO UNLEASH MY INNER EDGELORD THAT WAS DORMANT SINCE MY TEENAGE YEARS??!!1!

Yes. not only can you play as Shadow, your even edgier OC can kill Shadow ware his skin as a trophy.

Nice, I can finally role play as Shadow's long lost brother who has come to take his vengeance! Nothing personnel, FAKER!!1!!

Foreskin?

Deunvo was only confirmed a few hours ago, this thread was made 2 day ago.
Also this Thread was made by Mark and he's probably going to buy the game on Switch anyway.

Yeah, I'm gonna pirate the PC version tho.

I biggity beg yer pardon, fella.

Kek. Also, what if the reason Shadow joined Infinite is because he can bring Maria back?

Metal Sonic maybe, Chaos no.

He's dead, Jim.

Like pottery.

Yup. Nice infinite dubs. Checked.

I've been keeping abreast on the new mods as they happen, and there have been some pretty stand out ones, like Metal Sonic Mania there, but some of them are so fucking lazy. I've seen this Mighty mod that's literally just a fucking sprite sheet from the Spriters Resource slapped over Sonic's sprites, and it looks like shit. I did see this one that looks much better than that, thank god. Vid related.

The Metal Sonic mod looks nice, but I REALLY fucking hate the run sprites, the feet just look so fucking clipped it's unreal. The Metal Sonic in Sonic 1 hack had a better run cycle, and that was before the ROM hacking community really came into existence.

BUT THAT'S WHAT IT TAKES TO BE INFINITE!