Finished this game after a 60 hours...

Finished this game after a 60 hours. This probably has to be the best open world zombie meme game since Dead Rising 1 and in my opinion completely redeems techland for Dead Island. Play it on hard at the very least. Normal is piss easy and Nightmare removes all easter egg weapons

Heres a magnet link. The multiplayer is neat but it isn't essential.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:109A63005A316B7EB43AE4E10F289FDAAB89F75A

Difficulty makes no difference, you quickly become very overpowered in this game and the balancing is terrible, the reason this is so addicting is because it has constant progression with exciting things to unlock, and grabbing trash from containers have good satisfying animations.

Except that it does
Not really
For the first 10 or so survivor levels you don't even get weapons which can kill basic zombies in one hit. Then there are always volatiles which can two shot you or suiciders at night on the streets. If you have multiplayer on you can also get invaded with player controlled virals which are kind of neat.

Only from mid-end game, post-game you have so many better options from crafting weapons and otherwise that the range advantage and DPS of your assault rifle pales in comparison to the sheer damage your triple-lighting Thor sledgehammer can dish out. And considering post-game is almost entirely "I'm going to see how many Nightmares I can kill before dying tonight" guns really do become useless.

How high does the melee damage multiplier go?
Isn't it better to use bow/crossbow because of its better scaling percentages?

Camouflage and snap neck alone make you practically invincible during the day, flares and late game weapons make volatiles a joke. But even before that you have so much mobility in this game you have no excuse to ever get hit by anything and you even have a Sir Kicksalot tier basic kick right from the beginning that can be quickly upgraded to an insta-kill stomp on downed enemy, oh and all difficulty does is number crunching, it doesn't make zambambos more aggressive or difficult to avoid.

The game is fun and addicting but it has zero tension and it's easy as all fucks. The only times I died in the whole game was getting ambushed by cheap exploders that insta-kill you if you hit them and then all dying does is respawn you a little away with all your stuff and an XP penalty I never even noticed.

It gets to the point where certain weapon recipes can turn better-than-average weapons into weapons that can kill Nightmares in 3 hits, if you use a rare weapon with these recipes, you can easily amass an arsenal of weapons that can one-shot Nightmares. Post-game is insane.
Also, forget to mention it in my last post, but I think lack of player choice is what kills the story. CIA bitch in the early story tells you to burn the medicine, and the only thought going through my head is "There should be an option to go over her head, and get the people the medicine anyways."

Kicks are the best part of the gameplay. I love getting the drop-kick and using it to kick zombies off of rooftops and watch them plummet into the streets below.

Volatiles and night hunters are faster than you. Most enemies will straight up dodge your kicks and do a counter attack.
removes the detective vision, decreases your stamina, medkits heal over time instead of instantly, can't pause in the inventory, merchants don't sell ammunition, adds gold tier weapons and even more stuff
Have you actually played it outside of normal?

This new DRM system sucks.

Yeah but melee weapons only get a 100% damage bonus at 25 legendary levels. Crossbows get a 1000% damage bonus at 25 legendary with a base damage of 436.

Don't forget the vial of antizin he takes which goes fucking nowhere.

$10 says there was a mechanic that made it so you needed to get antizin every so often either for the survivors or for yourself that they cut because casuals complained during focus testing.

They probably thought of it but then scrapped it. If such a mechanic existed the entire last act wouldn't work and neither would the story(not that it does right now)

I found the scene where the kickboxer chick dies hilarious because of this. Everyones acting like the protagonist and the kickboxer (Jade?) are stuck with a moral dilemma, meanwhile all the protagonist had to do was remember he had a vial of the good stuff in his back pocket and no-one would have died.

The worst part is the entire thing wouldn't be happening in the first place if
a)she had controlled her brother better instead of delegating it to others
b)had actually given the research to Kyle instead of being fucking stupid
c)didn't manage to get caught in the first place(how the fuck did Rais even capture her, none of them can do parkour and she is in a city with nothing but rooftops)

So what are the PC specs for this? I don't want no unoptimized piece of shit.

I finished it on a 750ti at pic related resolution. It had some noticeable framerate drops every now and then but it also defaulted to high and I didn't bother to change the settings.

My old 650Ti ran it like barely playable shit at 720p, my current 970 runs it perfectly at 1080p. The draw distance is the unoptimized setting as far as I can tell, there is no reason to have that at anything above zero, barely makes a difference and eats crazy amounts of resources.

That plot point was pretty retarded considering he himself is infected. He could have just stashed the shit somewhere safe, its not like his superiors would find out.

The game doesn't actually have any non humanoid enemies.

This game is only fun if you have a friend to play it with.

I agree. I have 0 so exploring the quarantine zones wasn't really fun.

HOW?
HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY PREFFER THE DLC? IT HAS THIS STUPID EXCUSE OF A CHARACTER. THIS STRONK INDEPENDAND LESBIAN CUNT WHO YOU HAVE TO HELP BECAUSE LINEAR QUESTS. FUCK THE FOLLOWING AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT