Grand Strategy Games

Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc
pastebin.com/dTCRqZuN
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, September 19th

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-chain-of-command.1043825/
strawpoll.me/13970182
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/inevitable-defeat-slovakia-44.571801/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-stability-and-war-support.1044766/
1337x.to/torrent/2456825/Stellaris-Synthetic-Dawn-CODEX/
igg-games.com/victoria-empire-sun-free-download.html
torrentz2.eu/1b1b13b96fa3634ffc60b170cc5a027ed3e0ae32
thepiratebay.org/torrent/4450878/Victoria_An_Empire_Under_The_Sun_VIP_Edition_with_Revolutions
mega.nz/#!5g1RTaJb!_-QrNQr0_Cgii58swjMMcQt9XusXgcN3Co4RFboJVIg
mega.nz/#!Io9x3TrS!XWNAZBGHFuDVLOj6AmGf3kZC961cxZYZcG6QafBVHJc
mega.nz/#!80tgzBRY!ZM-C9AwchTwKqNgJ18aO7jcJpgDZq1r3nrWCwsFLFBk
mega.nz/#!5sdTWaSa!h1xiKehcqHdA-k0ZX1ZwwjgFCd_Y0nOUc4WTmHqi9rE
mega.nz/#!15d0GRxS!lNWCKo_Cf9cm_mFXv2hnGqUGDq7t6F73psdVtHRW-1g
mega.nz/#!0wFSkD7a!qKL3MAsn74zlHuMxihbEq6P8ciHVaalKMB6iKulKROc
stellariswiki.com/Ethos#Xenophobe_-_Xenophile
mega.nz/#!080z0b6Q!7nCApmDlOb_9sgffE5ovKLAvBapjzLpi8656cYzQuL8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've been playing as Ghana in CK2 and it's much easier than I expected, as long as the Ummayads don't conquer any North-African land you'll have conquered most of modern-day Morocco in no time.
My goal is to reform the West-African Faith of course.

Mar del Plata

Puerto Plata

You subhuman baboon. You literal nigger.

How dare you speak, you swarthy jungle monkey. How dare you open your big lipped, rim encrusted, menthol cigarette smelling mouth?

You are human trash, Diego Tyrone LeShawn de Maradona. Universally despised, derided and mocked. Your nationality and skin tone offers no hope to the world that South America can ever prosper. Crawl back in to the Brazilian jungle you came out of, you literal orangutan.

Take your black hairy fingers off your keyboard, and never talk about the human species again, you mockery of our supposed shared ancestor.. No amount of olive oil and wheat flour slabbed on your face every morning will make you white. It's about as delusional of an idea as your daydreams of European heritage.

You nigger.

You make Bolivia look like a beacon of civilisation.

You are the Baltimore of South America.

Die, Diego. No one would miss you. Except for Australian Aboriginals, who now would have no one to make them look good.

Where can I get eu3 mods outside of paracuck forums?

Tried the noobiest guide possible, Irish Petty King Murmu whatever at 1066

Try the OP. moddb.com, the wiki

TL;DR: How does Irish count get 1500 event spawned troops when invaded by a Irish Petty King?

Yea, I'm a fucking idiot and didn't notice the first 3 links that contained the mods.

Is he's a pagan he can spend honor for buttfuck armies. You should've played as the Byzantines.

I used 1066 start so I assumed he was catholic like me.

Shut up

Hey, I was thinking about posting my ck2 game here as I play, should I?

Sure, I actually think not enough people do that and most discussion in these generals seem to be about either gameplay features or how shitty Paradox is.

muaaaah the French

A lot of people do it.

hmmm
It's been a long while since I've done a muslim game, should I wait for the new update or do it now? I don't really read dev diaries but I heard they're changing the middle east.

I myself actually like CK2 because of the fact that I can prevent major religions from staying the majority faiths of the world while crafting a huge empire of some obscure pagan faith or zoroastrianism which is dying in the modern world.
I really just want to play a CK2 game where I remove islam from the map in its entirety but at the moment I'm not good enough at the game to attempt such a thing.

How do I git gud in EU Rome? Any tips for combat?

Just start from the old gods in some eastern european pagan, optimally one that can raid members of it's own religion and reform the religion.

Looting drastically lowers the amount of troops you can raids from a holding so you can leave people defenseless before you take provinces from them.

After you form a kingdom just keep blobbing until your only real threats are the Carolingians and the byzzies. However, the byzzies will usually be occupied with muslims or other pagans and the Carolingians usually explode into france and the HRE although depending on how close you are to them you may end up fighting a bit with them until it happens.

You may be able to start eating away at islam before the crusades are called but once they happen you can shift it into high gear and take a kingdom away from them every 20 years or so.

I basically did this to Catholics starting as a Lettigan count on CK+ and was planning to eliminate all major religions except for Orthodox and heresies but got bored after taking Italy, France, and Germany.

I'm not sure if it's been patched out or something but if you make multiple castles in your capital holding, the levy bonus for capital dutchy and capital county stacks onto them.

Try to have low charisma generals as higher charisma makes troops loyal to them in case of a civil war. EU Rome doesn't have vassal annexation and the mods that add it as a decision break if you have more than one vassal, Look at the traits your generals have before you assign them, the quickest way to raise your population as a small country is to beat barbarians as you get a portion of them as slaves, if you have a more civilized country as a vassal there may be an event that fires that raises your civilization rating. Alliance spirals are a very annoying fact of life in EU:Rome so pay close attention to alliances, make a dedicated effort to pacify as much of the unsettled territory around you as possible as they can spawn barbarian rebels and if they enter unsettled territory they raise whatever barbarians are on that province, try to get iron asap to get heavy soldiers, the strategy I used for pacifying barbarians was to have an equal amount of units as the barbarian and have them moving off the province as I think moving into and off of it has the highest chance to trigger an uprising, and try to minimize the chance omens can go wrong as much as possible as there is a event that randomly picks one to succeed or fail. It's been a while since I've played but that's all I can remember off the top of my head

No, the copypasta is not only right, it’s all you deserve for your months of spam. Fucking kill yourself.

Okay, so while playing vic2 with hpm mod, after conquering venetia, south tirol and friuli(or whatever that area was called), I got this decision. I literally see any point with this decision, considerring that I already have cores in all my stuff and none of the italian minors have cores anywhere. I'd basically take infamy for nothing.

on another note, for somereason tuscany has troops on one of my provinces, even tho' tuscany doesn't exist.

the vassal count of duke of mumu in 1066 start is not catholic, if I recall correctly

I always run into the bug where troops/ships still exist for a country if I use the console to erase it. Bring it back in one province, declare war on it to annex it, and then force the AI to accept (pause, switch to them, accept your terms, switch back, THEN unpause) and it should go away.

that might be bit difficult, since tuscany doesn't have cores anymore. but thank you for advice.

7 new religious icons. First one's ripped from Ancient Religions mod, Hellenic Heresy; second and third are Iconoclast and Mazdaki, ripped from EU4. The rest were made by yours truly, hope they don't look like utter shit: 4th one's for Mandaeanism and the last three are for Berber Paganism feedback is always welcomed.

Everything's coming along just fine, hopefully the next version of user's HIP edits will be out in a few days (Maybe on Thursday, but don't count on it.)

HOI4 will probably at some point get chain of command added to the game

What are lörs opinions about this? Is HOI4 salvageable? What would it need to be redeemed?
in my opinion first step should be UI, its ugly and more suited for a mobile game than a ww2 wargame

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-chain-of-command.1043825/

HoI 4's biggest crime is the lack of named provinces, I pirated the game and at first assumed it was a problem with the copy I got.

Other than that, the game is too "sandboxy" to be taken seriously, I like some silliness in my believable worlds now and then but having shit like Ethiopia beating the Italians, France going communist and fascist Sweden be a common occurrence instead of a once in a blue moon thing is just stupid.

I like the iconoclast icon, the berber ones are hard to differentiate at a glance though, maybe make the colored border bigger?

I really do like the Iconoclast icon too sounds kinda ironic, an icon to represent Iconoclasty.
As for the Berber icons, maybe I could change the tint? Instead of black on yellow/red, I could give the black glyph a slight tint of yellow/red

Yeah, that could work.

No.
La Plata is white and based.

Oh shit, you're actually going to add Berber paganism? Any features that make it different from other pagan religions in the game?

You ARE going to buy Synthetic Dawn, right goyim?

Yeah… sure…
Buy with 100% discount on my favorite internet retail site

My Ghana game so far, I just fought a war against the Ummayad empire, I was just spamming devout/tribal warriors while they were dealing with a Catholic uprising. When the uprising had ended they came back with much more troops so I had no choice but to offer white peace. If I had won I could've at least created a title with the money I had received.
I'm at 37 moral authority right now but since the last two holy sites are owned by blobs I'm just going to conquer my few weaker neighbours and then sit back and do nothing until I have enough piety and prestige to defeat them without even needing allies.

nice way to stick your hand in the honeypot retard

CIA niggers can suck my dick, good luck suing me on the other side of the world

You know what to do
pick seduction focus and contaminate whole byzantine royal tree

I BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN AFFRICAAAAA

Friend of mine tried to prove to me today that "civ5 is better than ck2".
I know it's retarded but I mentioned there's a place to discuss grand strategy and he told me to poll you guys on what you think.
Might as well do it, it's not like this place has a lot of traffic.
strawpoll.me/13970182

Ignore the typo please

Reported.

Does your friend even use imageboards?

Only the one.

What kind of man has friends?

a faggotor underage

Are you the CNN poll guy or something?

I know it's retarded, it's his idea.
I don't think he knows the difference between 4x and gsg.

educate your friend retard before he gets a chance of spreading his retarded ideas on the internet

I have trouble explaining even the most basic of things. I would have done it if I knew how.

Civ 5 is mechanically the worst main-series Civ game and all of Paradox GSG since CK2 have followed the same shallow cookie cutter. You and your friend are both idiots for thinking the games are even remotely comparable, as they provide two fully different experiences in pretty much every field of play.

I stated it's retarded to compare the two multiple times.

And yet you bowed to peer pressure and posted your poll here.

I-I'm sorry

You probably haven't played 6, lucky you.

STOP MAKING GRAND STRATEGY GAME THREADS WITHOUT /gsg/ IN THE TITLE YOU MASSIVE FUCKING FAGGOT

If it makes halfchanner not able to find is, it is worth it.

OP of the previous thread said he did it to make it harder for cuckchanners to find the thread.

Here's the final product.

I'm not entirely sure, there's not a lot of info about traditional Berber beliefs (guess it's because their culture is orally transmitted, and of course shitty islam killing the local traditions.)
For now, I'm going to add some generic, pre-existing events like ancestor worship, divination and whatever feast/fair I can find fitting to their overall theme.

I suppose the only special feature it's gonna have is a selectable personal deity:
-Hammon/Baaldidir: Weather, fertility of vegetation and king of the gods. Borrowed from the ancient Phoenicians.
-Tannou/Tangou (Tanit): Ammon's waifu, Goddess rain, human fertility, sexuality, war, weaving and the star Canopus.
-Gurzil: Son of Hammon and Tannou; god of war. (Invoked by Kahina, a Berber leader who fought the Arabs)
-Ifru/Ifri: Goddess related to qualities of regulating, solving and sorting. I think Phoenicians minted coins with her sigil, not so sure though; she also seems to be an actual Berber Goddess rather than Phoenician.

Perhaps it is not working, but it is at least making them sperg out?

What the fuck is this shit, how do I boost performance? Or maybe force multithreading?

What game speed are you playing on?

There's your problem.

Your envy is showing

Why? I genuinely want to know the reason.

Probably got meme'd into it by a friend or some magazine.

Yeah but you'd think that the people who realised that it was shit after all would just go back to some other OS.
When I heard about that automatic update that would just install windows 10 on your pc without permission when the OS came first out I did everything to prevent it.

When i got new laptop with Win10 preinstaled the first thing i did was to format the system and install win7

I just had it one day. I had windows 7 beforehand but something happened overnight and I couldn't change back.

Usually the highest it'll let me go. Otherwise most of the gameplay will be me sitting there watching the screen waiting for a new event. What is the meta speed everyone uses?

In all honestly, I think your problem might ACTUALLY be win10.
Not being a memelord or a dick.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me. What OS does everyone here recommend? I never tried Linux but I hear it's really bad for vidya and that you have to jump through hoops just to get shit to work most of the time.. I'd rather not go back to Windows 7 since it'll stop being supported in a few years.

Windows 7.

Just go back to windows 7 you fucking faggot.

What the fuck does that matter, you blithering idiot?

Stop using Windows 10 you dolt.

Win10 is pretty bad for vidya, also support doesn't really matter user; that's just a meme made by Microsoft to earn more shekels and spy on your computer through backdoors and shit.

t. someone who's been using pirated windows OS since 98.

You don't necessarily have to install fucking ubuntu or ganoo/loonics, just something fairly decent like win7.

Back to windows 7 it is then. To anyone who just responds with insults, you're fucking idiots. If this user didn't explain why I'm wrong then I would've just stayed with windows 10 because the only anons to tell me to change were just spewing buzzwords and insults. Then it would be another user supporting microshit. Guess I'll go find another copy of windows 7 now.

does anyone happen to have guide to trade screen in victoris 2? Because I don't think I've ever used it and I have no clue what to do it, and I wish I had.

why no stellaris

Even Paradox considers Stellaris a 4x. And honestly, it shares more in common with Civ than any Grand Strategy game.

It's not like I give a shit about your well-being, I just think it's retarded to use some bloaty piece of malware plus you could have found out by yourself that it was shit if you weren't such an autist.

and that means you don't care that the companies you hate will grow in support. Who's the retard here?

That is correct. Why would I care?

You must be retarded

This is why many countries get cucked. I bet you're swedish/spanish

English not you're first right? That's ok, it's not my first either.

Well I cant bargain with the devil either then :^)

First of all you are irrelevant on statistical scale, even if somebody would convince 100 retards like you to ditch win10 it wouldn't change a thing
Secondly how does using a free software shoved everywhere can be counted as "support"

You're getting ripped to shreds right now.

They dont

Why are you so triggered over me not caring about companies I hate? I'd rather spend my time focusing on things I like, all the companies I hate are multi-million corporations anyway and most of them can only shrink at this point.
I also find it how you compare me to cucks who don't
care about their well-being when you're the one that allowed Microsoft to just install a new OS on your PC without permission while also being too lazy/dumb to just change it back.

*find it funny

Wew I finally did it. Was a bit of pain because of how much land there is to cover and me being really unorganized. Now that it's over, I've got a few more years and don't feel like playing anymore.
Now I want to play Darkest Hour and it seems with the latest Nvidia drivers it doesn't work, half the screen is cut off I've tested this and installed older drivers and it worked, I think I'm sol here.

Your job is still not done user

Yeah I was gonna go after those commie fucks, but am a bit burnt out. Wanted to wage war on the US too.

How the fuck?

Can you at least release all the conquered nations like Croatia, Lithuania etc…?

You don't need to do anything with it. If you have trouble building brigades you can stockpile the missing goods but thats it. And you can check what has high demand and change your industry based on that.

Jesus Christ

Lel this was my first real game. I conquered Europe in a short amount of time and it's got me wondering is this the average amount of time it takes, or do some peoples games stretch out until 1945? I've had 3 practice games that I never finished but learned a lot. In no way am I an expert, I played on normal but shit's real easy. When I first played the game I was overwhelmed but soon realized it's a pretty simple game when it comes down to it. France was a piece of cake, just bomb they're supply and break through the very bottom province, it's plains so no defense bonus for them. That said, I'm not an expert and am wondering what's the most effective way of disrupting their supply? At times I just sent the planes to bomb every province, but I think bombing the cities and the provinces the units are stationed at are most effective? But once you break through the Maginot line it's ogre.

The commie fucks were especially annoying I had to take a few breaks especially when winter came and my troops were slowed down by the frozen ground, shit got real annoying. I'm wondering if I bump up the difficulty it becomes a real challenge or the AI is just buffed.

Sure why not.

What does the eastern theater look like?
Has Japan fucked everything up?

Keep the difficulty on Normal, all that higher difficulties do is give the A.I retarded buffs.

he is a refugee that lived a hard life you racist, sexist, Islamophobic cumskin

Arabs mature faster coz high testosterone levels.
No shit, i had a arab in my high school class who had full beard when everybody else had pubes beards

Honorary Aryans

Chimpanzees reach adulthood at 7. They don't have "high testosterone".

Im gonna post this again because i want some recomendations on what to do
How should i procede from now on?
I know you cant trust the anglo, but so far they pulled their weight and sent troops to greece when needed.
I want to liberate the balkans, or atleast bulgaria so that the ottomans move their capital to ankara and i can get constantinople and secure the northern border.

You still have three missions

It's not high test. Semites, Spics and Niggers grow into adulthood almost immediately, while Asians tend to stay younger. I believe this is due to the different metabolism and the fact that Asians have superior a immune system compared to Europeans and in turn they have better health than the other three groups. This is advantageous to the three groups because they get to mature earlier and be at their peak when Whites are still growing up (it's why you see so many sports stars ailing from one of the three regions) but then once they reach their mid twenties they take a nosedive 99% of the time and whites and asians utterly destroy them. Also Arabic and Nog inbreeding + Spics being mongrels definitely help them live and die faster.

Yeah Japan is all over the place in this game.

I would really like to help you but I have no idea of how to play Greece.

Jewnited states doesn't join the war for another 3 months, I'm gonna have to get creative and do what you suggest. I was gonna get rid of turkroaches early, but I was stretched thin fighting commies as I didn't build enough units. I wanted to annex soviet union and dismantle them and create a bunch of states, but I can only puppet them.

Thought so, no body knows how to make better so they just give stupid buffs. Thanks.

Its impossible to annex someones capital?

I read something about restoring byzantium requiring turks to move their capital as well, never got why

It's not if you have a core there

You cant annex a capital unless they have no other provinces left or they are a single province nation, or you have a restore order CB.
In order to restore byzantium, you need to get the megali idea decision, then get all your cores, be a great power and be an absolute monarchy or HM goverment.

but why do i see every cartoon girl in my Laotian Stop-Motion stick-figure animations talk about how easy it is to get a cold by sleeping underneath a kotatsu, being wet in the rain, or not wearing a scarf during mild temperature

minekid.jpg

Yeah, these look way better, nice job.

Wew I think I'm officially done with this game. Feels good, I've conquered all gsg games that matter. Never thought I'd beat a game of HoI3. As you can see, I got very lazy and didn't care for africa or the rebellions.

Decided to reload an earlier save and just fuck everything up.

user t-that border gore I-i dont think you are done

The Nazis shoved 25 cm of wood up their ass. It still hurts, even today!

noice
Also is it me or does SA do fuck all in every Paradox game?

Having a stronger immune system doesn't mean that you never catch anything, it just means that you fight off diseases much better. Niggers are practically bringing disease with them wherever they go and have a billion medical problems that become apparent after spending half a week in a negro infested area.

Oy gevalt goy, I can still feel the trauma my grandparents felt when they were gassed sixty trillion times!

Paradox never bothers to do jackshit when it comes down to events or decisions for south america in their games, the most htye do is the pacific war.
Hell, they cant even get territories right, they always give the ssequibo region of the british guyana to them from the start, when they got that in the 1890's.

Not just South America.
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/inevitable-defeat-slovakia-44.571801/

So new Stellaris dlc just dropped in.
What are lörs opinions about it?

This is fine I guess…

i'll tell you after I find a torrent

I don't care.

Looks cool but sadly it won't change the fact that Stellaris is a 4x4

>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-stability-and-war-support.1044766/
Might it actually be salvageable?

Maybe but they'll fuck this up somehow.

What the fuck is this, in Darkest Hour you get a whole paragraph that explains the History of the Anschluss and all you get here are two meager lines?

It looks to be a joke, like all Stellaris DLC is. Paradox just wants to add more ways to give bonuses to your empire rather than fix core mechanics.

We could all have an MP or something where we make fun of it together

Dude, streamers don't have time to read all those words in events. Gotta keep it short or they'll quit in frustration. Besides, it's probably racist to have so many events centered around Europe in the first place.

Dont you know that history is boring and uninteresting?
New paradox audience doesnt need that

Also, why the fuck does this even look so shitty? Like the "How can anyone say that Austria is not German?!" is wayy to high up and did they seriously CENSOR the swastika in the Anschluss Celebration picture and replace it with a shitty looking Iron Cross? What the fuck, why not use a picture where you can't see a Hakenkreuz?

*event

No swastika for the goys.

1337x.to/torrent/2456825/Stellaris-Synthetic-Dawn-CODEX/

Fucking pedophile.

what?

You cant be this new
There is a screencap from paradox forums of Johan telling that piracy is as bad as pedophilia

Now imagine that somebodys job at paradox is to do this stupid edits for events, replacing historical pics, creating custom leaders poitraits, stylized photos of world leaders. Such a fucking huge waste of resources

Because swastika is an international symbol of hate, obviously. Hate towards everyone who isn't german.
Hitler is gay. And don't get me started on how this is not acceptable comment to make here. I have full right to hate this kind of bullshit in /gsg/, and i have full right to hate this here. When you fucking all stop larping, since that's seems the only thing you do in Grand Strategy games? Why not play as USA? Why not play as Britan? Why not play as Poland? Why you need to constantly fulfill your urge to larp as defeated side to stroke your boner on it?

Can tell if a quite decent bait or genuine opinion.
I place my bet on bait since the pic attached makes it kinda obvious, but still very good attempt

nice picture faggot maybe she will let you suck her dick

5/10

Eh, i am half serious, half pretending.

Thats an actually pretty valid point, i recently did a Britain playtrough in DH but dropped it mid 1940 when my forces broke the maginot line but were swarmed but the germs as soon as poland got annexed

It shows, really good bait has some serious or half serious opinions put in between to make it spicier

Why is the red filth that regularly shits up these threads, and only these threads, not banned yet? Even the cuck/vg/ mods care more.

Yeah i hate nazi scum too

‼do it again‼

Too bad you got HH dubs on that flag.

Because those countries are easy as fuck to play. It's more challenging to play as the loser because they are at a disadvantage.

Britain is pretty tough too if you for example want to carry things out without america or save france

Yeah but at that point you're just gimping yourself might as well just play as China or something.

4,5/10 would probably work on a newfriend but the picture made it too obvious, next time use an anime girl

China in for exaple DH doesn't have that much flavor and events in general, even in mods like TRP, meanwhile when playing england i can keep Edward VIII on throne

I don't even know what game we're talking about any more I thought we were talking about HoI3. Anyway aren't there mods for DH that add more events?

First line is already too obnoxious to be bait, 2/10 from me.

You're making the very common mistake of thinking that HoI4 is a historic war game when in reality it's a sequel to Mario Paint with mod support and a war minigame. Two of the most popular fucking mods of the game are related to changing the world to 2016 with random meaningless wars and to just allowing for dynamic color and coring changes.

Thanks for making me laugh

I think HOI4 had potential but how Paradox sold it out to the casuals for better sales and they ruined it with their shitty DLC policy. Imo

Only three good things about hoi4 are: Production lines, Division designer and Battle plans (altrough poorly implemented, but a good concept)
Everything else, from UI, map, events, only 4 political parties per country, colored and stylized leaders portraits (huge waste of reseurce and manpower), no fuel, simplified tech tree, retarded AI, retarded diplomacy and the list goes on and on and on.

Last time when i pirated it around the time new dlc came out i closed it right off the bat after reminding myself how shit this game is

You checked out the BlackIce mod? While the underlying issues of the game are still there it does at least make it playable in my opinion.

Never could get it to work because i always had mismatching versions
When the next DLC drops out im gonna check it

Black ICE is a joke mod that makes the game worse in every way. It's a host of bad design decisions hidden behind what looks to be autistry but is in fact just retardation.

Everybody likes playing the underdog nations, hence why so many people play the balkan nations or byzantium.

leader portraits are great. also, its the best hoi game so far.

just another shitty unfished mod

Can you expand on it? What do you mean bad design?

IIRC the biggest problem is that they bloat the technology tree and add so many bonuses that pure infantry divisions will have like 4k soft attack or something and you can attach companies to them that make them universally effective in every terrain type. It's ridiculous.

There's also dumb railroaded shit for countries. e.g. China actually has a negative reinforce rate, which means that they can NEVER use more than one division per battle, even if a Japanese division attacks a province with 6 Chinese divisions only 1 of them fights and the rest just retreat.

TL;DR is that they make the already fucked up HoI4 balance worse and then ensure things work historically by adding in random bonuses to the sides that should win and penalties to the sides that should lose.

i dont get a cold when i get wet in the rain
how does your jewish science explain this

Barring the possibility that this is bait, I usually don't like playing as Germans.
I usually go for Spain or France.

NIGGER

Yeah perhaps you should stay there

t. average non /gsg/player that comes in our thread

and that's when I don't even have an intrigue option to try to learn magic. Fuck me

Are you fucking kidding me. I still failed a learning check when some retard gave me a book to read.

How?

Also since i see warhammer mod, im the only one who gets a bug where everybody conquered by vampire counts and later released in the empire switches from urban feudalism to feudalism?

Too smart to to understand the written word

I got a few artifacts that give me a small boost in learning so I could hit the 50 mark but when I was a child growing up I was already close to 40. How do I get the option to teach myself magic? I had in another character but not this one. Also abduction and summon familiar don't work, any updates since the last release?

Dunno, the option appeared to me only when i was a elector, maybe you must have at least kingdom tittle?

I was pretty low in the rankings when I had the option in another playthrough, maybe it's because I was sigmare faithful. On a side note I'm already the second highest rank in the order of moralfags and our influence is a whooping 50% since I joined as an initiate 7-8 years ago

I was unaware that the mod had updated.

Any fun stuff happening?

I wish you could join some actually fun orders, like witch hunters or just somebody purging heresy

They fleshed out cults so now cults give you all sorts of magic. The basic moralfag order only got one spell since they are the easiest to rank up in. The chaos factions all got a bunch of different magic powers. I haven't tried to all but a few notable ones I've seen
Unfortunately the abduct option doesn't work so some missions are extremely difficult without looking like a tyrant. (openly arresting someone to sacrifice them doesn't sit well with the witch hunters)

Forgot to include my update if anyone cares. Only around 10 years in and I'm the heir to the order of moralfags and married my courtpriest who just so happened to be a witch with magic. Here's hoping my kid has a bit of magic affinity so that I can pass on my HUGE learning skill

nice

What about Korne followers? Anyway for an Empire follower to become a chosen?

No idea, haven't made a marshall lord more than once and he didn't go very well. Apparently CK2 has an issue where good traits like Genius or smart will make it easier to die in single combat. Got killed by a beastman with 10 personal combat skill before I could get very far.

Not nice, I got fucking cancer. Luckily the only magic availible in this order is healing ANY injury.

hey, what mod is this?

FUCK CANCER PRAISE WHOEVER I WORSHIP

Warhammer: Geheimnisnacht

Well my wife is dead and I just became the leader of the moralfags. Should I Sudoku right in front of everyone?

Fucking kek, I never saw that event.

You must go on to true wizardom. The waifu is replaceable. 50 learning is not.

I would if I knew what the requirements of "teach self magic" were. It doesn't show up in my intrigue menu so I have no luck unless my only daughter somehow becomes magical since her now dead mother has magic potential. Too bad my high learning made me a celibate so it's up to her to continue my teachings. I also got up to 55 learning with a magical artifact so I'll pass it down to her after I murder my liege in a plot and all his brothers.

You know what to do, then. The seeds are sown. Finish this generations' work, and then you will be the magical girl, or else continue wizard eugenics until they bear fruit.

I will make sure no one stands in my daughters rise to greatness. The fools think that because I'm a pious man that I should be trusted with regency. After my wife was murdered by witch hunters I lost all piety in my soul, only murder will satisfy my thirst for revenge. I will pass on my spellthieving sword that steals magic and my ring of mage to my daughter so that she can carry on our names. I'll save the cash so that she could raise a griffon

I've been on a ravenous hunt for solutions to my magic quest and I've equiped more items to increase my learning and so far have nearly 58. Now I can say for certain that this book event is just a madman shoving a book into your hands. At 58 learning and I can't decipher it, fuck this quest.
Working towards becoming a independent and then asking for vassalage from a lord with sigmar faithful religion. I can't beat my kings army of 12 k with my measly 2.7 k so I'll destabilize the region into civil war and gain independce by declaring war on my liege in the chaos and hopefully coming out on top. Alternatively I could save money up to a ludicrous amount to blitzkrieg him with mercenaries but the upkeep cost might bankrupt me before I can win so I don't like this plan.

Suggestions anyone?

Wait, you can teach yourself magic in the warhammer mod?
Thats not how it works at all in the universe.

You have a hidden trait that determines where your genes give you the possibility. Otherwise it's impossible and you probably end up horribly disfiguring yourself or worse.

Assasinate everyone in your liege court and destabilize it.
When everything goes into a civil war mode declare independence

Learning HOI3, do I build units as reserve? I can build a fuck ton of them for little IC, seems incredibly broken as a country with high IC can massively outproduce any country, I thought this game was supposed to be hard?

Yes, that's the way to go

I can't find a torrent for the first Victoria, shit's unimaginable. Am I going to have to give my monies to the shekel master Johan?

igg-games.com/victoria-empire-sun-free-download.html
Why the first one?

Nigga that breaks the game, as Germany I can make a fuckton of armored cars early on and declare war as soon as neutrality is low, what's the point on building other units? This game is easy as pie.

You're the best, but I don't think it comes with the expansion.
I've exhausted V2 and played almost all th of other gsgs, I've yet to play this one. Supposedly it's pretty neat and has some things V2 doesn't. , I remember finding this site and forgetting about it thanks.

The upload pages are done by people that haven't played most of the games, so I would recommend trying it at least. Or alternatively here torrentz2.eu/1b1b13b96fa3634ffc60b170cc5a027ed3e0ae32

thepiratebay.org/torrent/4450878/Victoria_An_Empire_Under_The_Sun_VIP_Edition_with_Revolutions

I don't see what was so hard to find.

I skipped that piratebay torrent because of the comments. Never heard of the second site, bit iffy about downloading from there but I suppose I'll have to. Thanks.

Magic user here. Wondering why I can't remarry? I invited a LADY to my court who has strong magic potential but I can't marry anyone for some reason. I'm not a celibate anymore so what's the reason for my refusal to marry?

Don't use the arrange marriage button. Click the ring.

Still nothing. Guess the widowed tag prevents remarriage?

Not in a normal game. You even the ring message at the top of the game, so you should be able to. Go to the character you want to marry and try arranging from there.

When I found my magic waifu it was through recruiting a court physician. I met her and she asked for no gold, only a vial of my blood. I thought it was my own free will that I divorced my wife to marry that beauty but I see now that she might've put a spell on me to fall in love with her. After giving her a wonderful life she was killed by witch hunters and I started a ravenous quest to unlock my own magic. Today she finally let me go to pursue my dreams in the last years of my life by removing the widowed trait. I can finally remarry, but will I be able to? I married my daughter to a man with high magic potential, I think I'll leave her to continue the quest, with age comes loss of mental capacity and my once 60 learning is now a mere 30 which is around the same as what my daughter currently has.
I'll focus my efforts on growing the realm like a normal ruler and pass on everything to her.

Side note: These fucking whores have no shame

Or this could happen. I'm surprised that I was still alive by this time. Age 57 and suddenly my entire realm and my lieges realm is taken

Age 67*

Because reserve units start off at half strength and organisation, and need time to fully mobilise. Also armoured cars function as support/recon elements, and the early ones have shit hard attack stats.

No, reserve units are OP and basically a cheat.

your character is having all the luck

Almost done with this shit. Most Berber holy sites are in the north, Canarias included. The rest are landmarks like Madghacen (Tomb of Dihya), the oasis of Siwa, Marrakesh and Algiers.
I also took the liberty to add a shitton of historical coats of arms to several different great houses, most of which are kebabs with the exception of the Borjigin and their successors (You know, the Toluid, Chagatay and Jochid.)

Also forgot to add, Hellenism actually works now. Ported that shit from the Ancient Religions mod but I opted to leave Egyptian polytheism out. It still works I think, dunno what you guys think about implementing that shit.

Bretty cool but what's the logick behind the middle of Sahara holdings?
It would be cool if those were nomadic lands.

No idea, that's how the HIP devs made it. I personally would've gone for the VeF/MEIOU approach: A bunch of oases connected by strait crossings.
Most provinces are shit anyway, only 2 or 3 surpassing the 4 holdings and the whole area is behind in technology (compared to other shitholes like the Eurasian Steppe and Russia.)

They don't take that long to fully mobilize though. Armored cars have better soft attack than infantry and you'll be fighting majority of soft targets. Reserve units are easy mode and break the game, user is right.>>13456176

This is pretty much the Warhammer game I've always been waiting for, so naturally it has to blueball me by chugging to a persistent CTD after the first 100 or so years. It's not like I'm running it on a toaster either. I just can't figure out a way around it.

What's the one with the or lion on vert?

The Abbadids of Seville, some shitty arab dynasty from Al-Andalus.

I just realized Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar AKA El Cid doesn't have a historical coat of arms. He now does.

At what gamestart can you find el cid?
Can you actually play as him?

~1093 until ~1101, I believe that's the period he ruled in Valencia.

But that isnt a startdate in ck2, is it?

Nope, you gotta use the little arrows. Come to think of it, I could include is as a bookmark.
Next version should be coming out soon.

Thats the spirit user.

Magic hunting man here. I started a new campaign after my last one suddenly ended. I was a pretty good martial ruler for a bit and I had a son. I died and took over and I'm just now noticing that he has 20 martial at 2 years old

Can someone please explain to me how duels work? It's not personal combat skill and it's not martial ability that decides. Theres no way because my personal combat skill is 12 and his is 5. I got mine to a game breaking level on top of an enormous martial skill.

that's a pretty nice synthwave/outrun song

Revamped religious clothing for new and already existing religions (some assets were ripped from Better Looking Garbs.)

Also, what happened to the other posts?

Also forgot to mention there's new clothes for the old Roman culture (in case you restore the old Roman Empire and adopt Roman culture), ripped straight from Better Looking Garbs.

Does DH work for anyone with the latest Nvidia drivers? I discovered that the game works with old drivers, it's definitely something wrong with the newest.

Its interesting seeing what DH modders are allowed to get away with.

The New patch is supposed to fix this.

All of the translation work is done. Dunno how soon till release.

You've posted this screenshot before. What mod is it from, exactly? I'm curious about how deep that event chain in particular is.

Oh shit a new patch? Nice. I have a pirated Gog version so I hope I can get it somehow. In the meantime is there no fix for this? I've done the tech support forum fixes but nothing. Seems I'm the only person with this graphical glitch. Are you using AMD?

I think it has something to do with both Nvidia and AMD dropping DirectWrite support in their newest drivers.
It's a shame there's nothing like Wine for Windows because right now all games which run on old Europa engine run better on Linux than on Windows.

Where can I download your mod?

Did you make all those other assets yourself?

Here is a sort of a historical question. There was that study about ruling women waging more wars. And there was that one argument of why it happened, related to them wanting to protect their children that would be leading the armies or something like that, but I can't quite remember it and it doesn't sound super logical, but I am pretty sure it did when I heard it.

Does the warning about destroying buildings in MEIOU apply to forts and basilicas?

mega.nz/#!5g1RTaJb!_-QrNQr0_Cgii58swjMMcQt9XusXgcN3Co4RFboJVIg
This is the first release of user's HIP edits (HIP for CK2 2.7.2), however a new version's coming out soon, with the stuff I've been posting on this thread Berber Paganism, some updated portraits, Hellenic heathenry ripped from Ancient Religions and some Christian provinces in muslim-controlled Spain I mean, what the fuck? Why is ALL al-Andalus sunni, shit was supposed to be like ~40% muslim TOPS. Arabized Iberians were a bigass part of the populace, most of which practiced their own version of Christianity

Not really, I do recycle a LOT of pre-existing assets and edit/recolor/cut & paste parts to my liking. The stuff you see in (You) were ripped from the Better Looking Garbs mod (The Roman, African, Celtic and Aztec religious clothing), the other stuff I took it from Monks & Mystics (Berber garbs) and the Zoroastrian's mouth/mask thinger's from Rajas of India (from the Jainist religious garbs)
Same goes for pic related, most portraits I made with recycled assets I'm especially proud of the Romanian and Caucasian hats, they kinda took me a while to put together.

Fuck, any alternatives?

mega.nz/#!Io9x3TrS!XWNAZBGHFuDVLOj6AmGf3kZC961cxZYZcG6QafBVHJc

O SHID user'S HIP EDITS v1.06 IS FINALLY OUT
Changelog's inside the file, buncha new, meaningless shit's been added. Have fun.

Shit, I seem to be the only person that gets this, no one on any forum I've been to has this. I have DH installed on my linux, but you cannot alt tab without it causing graphical glitches and I've had it crash within 10 minutes. Also the initial loading of the game takes way too long.

What would we do without content creators here?

Please name shit properly, like before, it gives me autism when reuploading it.

Do I need the regular HIP mod included to make yours work or can it work as a standalone thing?

You need HIP. Read the read me files in his mod.

Could someone explain to me what I'd have to do with these files in order to get HIP working? Can I just copy+paste it into the mod foler?
The readme is kind of confusing.

Just run lostboyHIP.exe

Do you even read, nigger?

My bad, English isn't my native language so didn't really get it but they could've just written "run HIP.exe" if that's all you have to do.

It is a combination of different mods , so the .exe file gives you a choice of not including some of the mods or even unique to this mod elements.

I was thinking of making a CK2 mod where converts to Christianity or Mudslam change their names to ones more appropriate. Is that even possible?

The readme for user's edits tells you which to install for compatibility.

Huh, interesting. I have always been able to alt-tab out of DH. Do you alt-tab during loading?

just reinstalled a pirated stellaris with the hope of playing the star trek mod
but the version of stellaris is 1.8, STNH non-workshop downloads are only up to 1.62
can someone who owns the game download it from workshop and share it somewhere?

Use the steam workshop downloader

"The game that this item belongs too does not allow downloading of its items…BUMMER!"

You sound like a cute submissive brainlet, user. Please join my court of eunuchs!

How and why does this happen

No fun allowed.

Shitpost about cute anime girls in historical settings. tfw no Roma-chan gf

I don't think so, however a similar mechanic is reserved for religious heads (IE the pope, caliph, eastern patriarchs), when a new head is elected/inherited, it gets their name changed to a religious-specific name defined in their title (most likely found in the common/landed_titles folder.)
I think you could do the same by adding male_names = { (INSERT MULTIPLE NAMES HERE) } to whatever religion you wish to modify, though I don't think this will modify the names of already existing characters.

The muslim religious group is an example of what I'm talking about, they've got a bunch of names defined in the 00_religions.txt file.

By embracing the jew.

I have no idea. Altaics, Alans and Kasogs too if you're playing with user's HIP edits can adopt nomadism by decision. Could you post his family tree? Maybe one of his ancestors was a steppenigger. I seriously hope it's not a bug caused by my mod, it shouldn't really caused problems because I didn't even mess with the nomadic government type.

He has no family, the title history says he conquered it in an uprising.

That's odd and kinda cool. I remember seeing a Greek, Orthodox Khagan in Cherson a few versions ago and by few I mean ~2 years ago. I think Cherson got conquered by some steppeniggers, the Greek guy moved to their court and when the Khagan died, the Greek guy's successor inherited the place; since he was employed by someone with the nomadic government type, he became a nomad himself, forfeiting the Romano-Byzantine feudal bureaucracy system.

Keep me informed if these kinda oddities keep popping up, because I haven't seen a single one in my ~8 hours of playtesting, but I wanna make sure it wasn't caused by my mod.

mega.nz/#!80tgzBRY!ZM-C9AwchTwKqNgJ18aO7jcJpgDZq1r3nrWCwsFLFBk
Here's a quick update, mostly gay shit nobody cares about. B-But I do.

I fucked up, here's a new link:
mega.nz/#!5sdTWaSa!h1xiKehcqHdA-k0ZX1ZwwjgFCd_Y0nOUc4WTmHqi9rE

If you downloaded the previous 1.07, use this one instead.

Might have been that, but it crashes, it just crashed on me now I was testing it. I'm running latest stable version of wine, using Mint 17.3

I'm 99% sure it's World in Flames 2.

Any suggestions how to have fun in EU4 Meiou&Taxes?

mega.nz/#!15d0GRxS!lNWCKo_Cf9cm_mFXv2hnGqUGDq7t6F73psdVtHRW-1g

New update, fixed even more stuff and enabled Neoplatonist traits (Stoic, Skeptic and Epicurean) to Hermeticists and learned characters who might happen to be into that kinda shit.
Let me know if these traits go outta control (AKA fucking everybody's got a Neoplatonist trait, even retards and turks), though it should be fine.

Azeri/EU3+ is best.

Are these archivesmaintained here or elsewhere?

Because it's missing Sengoku Moeblobs, and EU3+ (Also known as /Azeri or Wizmod).

Are retinues disabled in HIP or is it a bug?

I've read complaints that the meme is supposed to subtly hint that the "virgin" actually has it better or that "chad" is actually just hot air but Reddit etc. didn't get the memo. Pic related is another supposedly "misused" example.

More ontopic, I'm still taking suggestions/hints/tips regarding EU4 mod MEiou&Taxes.

I loaded the earlier save. It looks like Count of Laigin is indeed catholic but he seems to be former adventurer who got to keep his host for some reason.

The meme is only remotely funny if the chad is post-ironically the better option.

Its the best way when the virgin x is just bad but chad y is over the top to the point of ridiculousness

Are you a tribal? Retinues are disabled for tribals (or anyone who's got a shitty income like 1 shekel per month)

No, feudal with 4+ shekels a month.

That counts as a shitty income. Post a screenshot
of the retinues tab just to be sure what's going on

fug :–DD

playing stellaris and i need some help
i kind of goofed and supported the wrong faction which resulted in my empire losing the xenophobic trait
now the xenophobic faction is only 3% of the population so i can't accept them
if i take them and make them colonize multiple worlds to increase their population, do the new pops also become part of their faction?
if not, is there any other way i can increase the size of that faction?

I was able to reach 10+ shekels a month while only controlling parts of Ireland so 4 shekels a month sounds rather bad.

Think I fucked up something.

New fix coming right up

Oh wait derp I played vanilla although unless mod really revamps economy, 4 money is probably low.

Rate my Europe /gsg/.
EU 4, MEIOU 2.1, Papal States 1337 or whatever the starting date is.
Highlights:
It's honestly surprising how accurate the hypotheticall fall of France is. Anglos have to maintain their grip on the north(currently losing against Flanders).
Auvergne went rogue as they formed Occitania and Burgundy filled the power vacuum nicely.
Eastern Europe and muzzies are business as usual.

My strategy thus far:

I'm currently going after Aragon Sicily with some preparation needed as they are guaranteed by Castille.
Then working UP the Italian peninsula, stabbing Milan and Florence in the back

Diplo+Eminence= 10 trust and 100% relations bonus. It's a damn overkill. I can keep Milan and Florence at 200 while I annex whole Italy around them. I have 8/9 relations constantly, 6 of them vassals.

mega.nz/#!0wFSkD7a!qKL3MAsn74zlHuMxihbEq6P8ciHVaalKMB6iKulKROc

Another update, fixed retinues being unavailable. Serves me right for only playtesting tribals instead of feudals as well.

stellariswiki.com/Ethos#Xenophobe_-_Xenophile

For the most part you are kind of fucked, you can only really become Xenophobic quickly if you intentionally gave your pops to another empire to be eaten or something.

Do you have tips on revoking privileges from estates? I allowed some commoners in officer corps and Greater Nobles autistically screeched away 3 stability.

Stability hits are a mixture of luck and the power of the estate you're revoking from, though the possible stability hits seem to be somewhat randomized as well.

With the Greater Nobles you've got to demote them a few times, depending on how strong they are, before you risk tanking your stability and ending up stuck at -1 while your estates run a train on you.

VeF does stability a lot better, since it's actually possible to get +2 occasionally without having live in fear of an irrelevant estate demanding privileges just because they can.

Pretty sure power has nothing to do with it, it's pure luck. At least I didn't see anything in the files, but they are a bit complex. You should basically never just demote greater nobles, you're better off promoting lessers to make them like you.

Also of note: I don't think the "this estate will demand privileges sooner" penalty for certain methods of bribing them is implemented at all.

Lessers actually supposedly invest more in their provinces since they aren't as inclined to maintain troops as greater nobles.

When I revoked the privilege I had relatively small army compared to my force limit and it was at minimum maintenance. Not sure if it had any effect.

fuck
what can i do with all my former slaves then?
they're right next to the core of the empire so making them vassals will give me horrible border gore

Most of the building investments are horrible RoIs with hundreds of years before they pay back, so you might just want the army. Although Lessers also ensure a lower autonomy so you get more cash. But after you've revoked every privilege you can start demoting them once you're stable and OP, but that's basically after you've already won the game.

Can you get authoritarian? That allows slavery.

How to play Castille in EU4 M&T? They start in civil war.

Gimme a detailed screenshot of the Caucasus, I wanna see how dumb it looks in M&T

Get your loyalty high enough, usually through favors (money, prestige, corruption).
You get more stabs if they're not loyal and have large number of estates.

Nothing special m8. Typical muzzie fuckery.

Also update.
I just cut down Florence. Who's got a lvl 8 fort. 16 stack requirement with insane attrition.
I'm basically just diploannexing them in ~15 years. The next one is Sardinia

Is there a way to remove the research points limit for uncivilized countries in Victoria 2?
Conquering Korea maxed my research points out at 25k, I know I was supposed to get more than that.

What the fuck man? That poor Caucasus needs some work. At least they got Crimea right.

Open defines.lua in the common folder, find this line:
MAX_RESEARCH_POINTS = 25000, – max RP you can store for uncivs
And just change it to whatever you want

Alright thanks man.

mega.nz/#!080z0b6Q!7nCApmDlOb_9sgffE5ovKLAvBapjzLpi8656cYzQuL8

Here's another update.

Is there any fucking country that's worth westernizing besides Japan, Persia, and Egypt?
And don't say Hawaii, you can't conquer shit with 1 army.

Abyssinia, Sikh Empire? Or if you want a real challenge try forming Indonesia or Malaysia, or Indochina, but that depends on the mod.

No mods.
Victoria 2 HoD vanilla.

Lad… Try Panjab I guess.

WE

What's THE BEST MOD for vicky 2?

HPM or BAI. I prefer BAI, HPM is getting worse with every update.

New Thread

Last Plata

You some kind of shitskin geography autist?
I could sperg for several hours about my country.

My country
I'm talking about Finland of course