Monster Hunter General /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
twitter.com/WeWuzMetokur/status/910231032695283713
twitter.com/WeWuzMetokur/status/910217701624344577
store.steampowered.com/sub/168154/
store.steampowered.com/app/623000
youtube.com/watch?v=WcNNpyBO2ZE
youtu.be/34W44vle8o8?t=2m4s
poal.me/f5qwfk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

It hurts, user.
I like some of the monster designs. Like the Squirrel snake, but I guess that makes it hurt even

even more*

Oh yeah it's not like monsters react to getting hit by fumbling around, getting tied, falling over or screaming in pain, is that seriously the best excuse they could come up with?

If you can deactivate the numbers and downs-chan I'm content.

Monster Hunter is offical dead, it was a good run while it lasted.

So there's a special edition, and on the American website they just pasted the NA cover to the game. You can actually see a bit of the JP cover. However a physical soundtrack is not even included in the NA version.

This is it. Monster Hunter is dead. Why did the monkey's paw do this to us? All I wished for was "monster hunter on pc", it didn't need to go this far.

PC is the Western console, of course it would turn into this if it went to PC

Monster Hunter is dead now, It is incredibly difficult for me to say it but it is true. It's even more painful because every cancerous, shiteating, normalfag, scum of the earth, piece of fuck faggot is lauding this game as the best thing to happen to the series and it hurts so fucking bad Holla Forums. Oh goddamn does it hurt.

Preaching to the choir son. The only hope is that World bombs because no one in Japan will buy a non-handheld Western game, and Westerners don't actually like MonHun nor are they obligated to buy it for social credit like CoD or GTA, so that Japanese developers learn once and for all that chasing Western normalfags is a bad idea and never do it again.

I'm gonna pre-order 10 copies

heh, can't wait for the game to be release so I can taste your salty tears

even more what?

I was correcting myself

It's crazy.
MH:W is shaping up to be the best MonHun game to date, and it isn't even out yet!

ALL HAIL STALKER SENPAI
BANZAI
BAANZAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

It is in fact THE best thing that happened to this stale fucking stinking franchise since P3RDHD.
Chances are you're just redflagging, but if you're honestly suffering then you fully deserve it.

This is starting to looke it it's DmC all over again.

what exactly is changing anyway? you're going to kill the same fucking monster 20 times to get a set of armor and then you're going to do it again for another set of armor. The only difference is that this time the game looks like its being coded by americans with those shit graphics, markers, and failed AI.

this entire franchise fucking sucks. once you realize that there's nothing for you to do but grind bullshit monsters and farm materials (which is about 10-20 hours in, if you're intelligent and not a braindead nintoddler) your enjoyment of the game drops like a bowling ball from the sky.

ur stupid.

Elaborate.

Thanks for dropping by and letting us know that you are so bored you'd rather talk about shit you don't like.

While MH certainly was deeply flawed and stale, the changes they're doing for World aren't for the better. They're just giving it the "we want the wider audience" and westernization treatment.

What changes? Quality of life improvements balanced by more elaborate and faster movesets of both you and enemies?
Optional information that can be turned off?
Graphics that look like PS3 game rather than PS2 game?
60 mcfucking frames per second instead of 20 with dips?

im just enjoying the monhundrone tears

When are we going to get a more concise OP?
No one uses half the stuff in there anymore and there's direct links to gayjin hunter of all goddamn people. Also we could do without wasting half of the whole opening post with
In fact why are all the resources quoted text at that?

I've just been maintaining it because I don't know what people use or not, I use almost none of it myself. What should be axed?

Ebin memes aside, we haven't seen any HR or G content yet, right? Hell, we didn't even see a fight against Rathalos proper.
If they make monsters easier on LR to prevent newcomers getting their shit kicked in by Qurupecos I don't even care tbqhwyfamalam rama dama ding dong.
People seem to be assblasted about the changes in mobility, especially the penalty reduction on using a recovery item, when you can avoid hazards entirely in the older titles by zoning. Who gives a shit.
I don't really know what's up with changes to armor skills but apparently Capcom thinks the West is too stupid for basic arithmetics. Kinda rude tbh but if they balance stuff accordingly I don't give a flying fuck.
The only thing that bothers me deeply is accident-face and the fact that she never shuts the fuck up. I hope you can switch her off in some way. And replace her with Guildmarm that would be sweet thx bye

yeah just in case X/XX hadn't cemented in that monhun is deader than fuck

Would you believe that, I've started playing P3rdHD recently and completely forgot these things existed.
I'll never forget Expeditions though. I hope the people responsible were fired.
And by "fired" I mean in the head with a gun.

Begone shills

Keep:

Most useful general resources:
Kiranico
ASS links

Other good general resources:
Ping's dex
desire sensor

MH4U GQ Resources:
both imgur images have been removed, however the google docs page has updated links, just keep the google docs link, which is actually pretty good

Maybe keep:
MH4U Kinsect flowchart
MH4U Attack stacking
MH4U Arena rewards list
that gay gif party page

Everything else is trash, redundant or rendered irrelevant by how much time has passed since this information was first added.

If I understand correctly we have and in it a gunner was face tanking the rathalos in the equivalent of jaggi armor and not even losing more than a 1/6th of this health. Not to mention all the hitboxes being smaller than gen 2 bow dps.

I might try finding some other useful things like TA sites (GL ranks lower than prowler in some quests :^)) and that stuff about relic weapon stat generation later, but probably not any time soon.

hey look, another thread full of shills.

Too back your broken ass game made a public showing of how fucking retarded and broken the AI is.

no

DON'T GO TO JEWTUBE

The shilling and full retards are in full force.

Please stop, you're almost giving me an erection.

Hey sorry but this is the monster hunter thread, we don't need to see the new elder scrolls 5 trailer, make your own thread for it.

I've only found footage of some dudes failing to kill it in 20 minutes with four Barrel Bomb L+ worth of free damage, and the same guy trying again with the Gunlance. He took half his health bar sheathed on tail swipe, which seems about right.
And to be fair to the Jaggi Armor, that set gave you Attack +M and could carry you through the whole of LR.
Also what's with the whining, HP restore is now gradual so no more emergency potting, are you guys retarded?

What is there to elaborate on?
This is just exactly the position journos held for DmC. There is nothing credible about your post.

You need to watch the video again user, especially at 1:28.

you're either literally retarded, a normalfag who somehow came here, or a shill.

No difference between the three, honestly

Continue

What's the evidence that he's being wrong? No one's debunked any of those points, at least not in this thread.

We all know that there are two threads

I'm in both threads and I'm not seeing any evidence.

I'm lazy. Show me the relevant posts.

Refer to

As said, I'm in both threads, I am seeing no proof of anything counter to the claims.

Refer to

There won't be any G Rank.

In most quests, yes, but in most of the truly difficult ones against Ancient Dragons or multimonster matches in arenas, nope. On the other hand, World looks to make it even easier by letting you teleport to any of half a dozen base camps for full healing and item restocking at any time. The game is so fundamentally broken in every way it's not even funny.

The audience they're targeting is.

To be fair, that was a B team, and not the main team. Then again, the main team is the one making World supposedly, so hope is pretty much gone period most likely.

Noted, thanks.

You sure convinced me.

As far as I'm able to tell, the preorder DLC is literal steaming useless garbage, I really like the damage numbers so long as they don't take away from recognizeable hit effects, prompts are regular-ass tutorial shit, and retard AI is a manner of the game being months from release.

I have no idea about the fast travel or - what the fuck, did they remove the village? I need to see this, what. There's no way.

Best I got, my dude.

Lets be honest guys, this shit was bound to happen eventually, almost every franchise gets to the shitter at one point or another. Monhun obviously isnt dead and is going to be infested with causals just like the souls audience, were probably going to see cancer about the game around the internet like a flood of trash.

MH is dead to half of Holla Forums. Its about time to pack up and move on pals.

They removed the village and now all the the high+low quests are the same on and offline "Because the story ends at the end of the village and we wanted to keep that story going even into high rank."

IE:

The stuff in the digital version is purely cosmetic, but the general preorder bonus is a charm that gives Attack Up and Spirit Blessing (the one that randomly makes you take less damage) and an armor set that will have stats and skills yet undescribed.

Removing the village doesn't seem very "cinematic" at all. Quests being the "same" online and offline sounds like some kind of balance decision, not babying, despite various other points that DO seem like casualization.

I thought the DLC armor shown was literally just the old iron mail thing that's been in every game as a shit-tier lr armor that nobody bothers getting.

That charm sounds nice, I guess, but I'll find one I like better.

People keep saying they removed the village but that's a retarded misexplanation of what they did. They removed the distinction between village quests and guild quests, so now both the village and gathering hall share a quest list and village quests can be played multiplayer. They didn't remove the village itself.

This is a stretch. I don't see how having a storyline that continues from LR to HR is an attempt to gain the cinematic audience.

When people say "they removed the village" they mean that quests that could only be played solo and thus forced players to acquire proficiency at playing the game in order to progress have been removed, not that the concept of a village in the story has been removed.

Well isn't that fucking retarded. Here I was flipping my lid over something I actually care about, when they're just removing something that takes time and developer work at the cost of letting people carry others. I could not give less of a shit after worrying they got rid of the hub.

Thanks.

So, you care more about the cosmetic trapppings than the gameplay?

You know what, Ill try my best to refute what your saying, just for the hell of it. And because im bored

The DLC is a shitty iron armor that no one bothers to get in the previous MH games anyways, who why does it matter to you? There is no point it being mad about that.
user, its a buisness, they are made not to appeal to a bunch of autists on an obscure Vietnamese image board, but to as many people as possible. Despite all the pointless/shitty changes the core gameplay is still there though, so its still MH.
The maps are too big and it would be an absolute pain to run all the way back to the fight, especially if your squad kills the monster before you manage to make it there if you cart on the quest. They are just making the game go faster so it isnt as counter intuitive and slow as molasses.
There is a village you dippushittu, its been shown multiple times, you would have known if you would have followed the few trailers capcom has released. There are no village QUESTS though, I guess its because it makes the game needlessly longer or tedious???
They can be turned off.
Its a demo made for retarded journalists, people barely more competent than that cuphead retard. If you were to never have played a single MH game in your life, it would be kinda hard to get used to a game as complex as this in one quest, especially for a journo.
Its a demo for retarded journos, the devs said that they were going to amp up the difficulty for the actual game, some anons said that the demos also tend to be easier too.
You got me on that one, but the gliding mantle is pretty good though.
Not an argument.
If you bought a DMC game, Megaman game, MH game or ANY capcom game, then you are a capcuck. In that case we are ALL capcucks including most of Holla Forums.

There, you happy now? Now preorder MHW already!

You may want to be more concerned about changes like the mantles, the constant environmental free damage and stuns, the ability to slingshot freely around the map that makes escaping monsters piss easy and also means you can't fail (or at least get a second chance at) your mounts, the ability to fast travel back to camp for free at any time, the removal of gunner armour and talismans, the casualisation of armour skills, and the downright broken monster AI that they've shown off in their demos.

I care about you misinforming me for dollars. Of course I'm worried about gameplay, you had me thinking the entire game was to be played from the hunting maps.

I am still worried about a lot of that, though a lot of it seems very much like "we'll see" stuff for unforgiveably pathetic press reviewers and the result of showing off a game this far from release.

I am very worried about these changes, they can make the game shitter central. Talismans are still in the game though, but I think they may have gotten the same treatment as the armor.

I really don't care for this "they toned down the difficulty/fucked up the monster AI for the journos" idea that I've seen bubbling up. The demos are meant to be accurate depictions of the game that will entice me into wanting to buy it. If there's a flaw in that demo, then there's a flaw in the product that Capcom is choosing to use to represent the game, which means that I'm perfectly justified in assuming these same flaws will be present in the final product. Anyone who uses the "it's just a demo, the final release will be different" type of defense should also throw away everything that they liked in the demo footage, because those things are also just another part of this flawed, fallible demo.

That's the point I'm making. People are literally saying "the village was removed", when they mean "the separation between guild and village questlines was removed". (Actual "literally", not tumblr-speak "literally"; I'm talking about the literal meaning of what is being said.) The problem is that other people who read it interpret its literal meaning, instead of the figurative meaning. This leads to confusion and misinformation, like what just happened here.
You also don't actually need to complete the village questlines in previous games to play online. There are shitters who reached G-rank without hitting Village 2*. 4U discouraged that by tying some things to village progression, like wystones, but by the time you actually need them you'll be late G-rank.

Kind of ironic how in doing so they're going to make something that will appeal to no one, since the fans are so turned off, and the audience they're gunning for only buy what they're told to get social points with others.

It isn't though, the gameplay's been so heavily changed that the only thing in common at this point is that they're 3D action games.

They're 2-2.5x as big as normal maps, and it seems likely from what we've seen so far that most of that is just going to be padding in the form of corridors and climbs to justify having distinct areas without "magical loading screen skips"

They didn't.

Which is also World's target audience, as outright stated in the Dengeki interview linked at the top of the thread.

What? I'm not trying to sell you anything. If anything, since I want World to fail so badly that no developer ever looks westward again, I want to SAVE your money.

Ah, to my knowledge that's not the case.

While fair for people who aren't familiar with MonHun, fans of the series have used "village" as a term to refer to the single player exclusive parts of the game for a rather long time now, so you can't really fault them for not changing their manner of speaking to accommodate newcomers who've never played the games before.

Even in prior games it locked off upgrades to the farm, and 4 didn't even let you make Decorations until you finished Naguri Village's storyline. While certainly not impossible to solo the Gathering Area quests without doing the Villages, it would be far more of a chore than it needs to be.

Somebody has way, way too much faith in journalism.

Anyway, I've given in and made myself the lagi bowgun set and the Steve LBG after doing some soul-searching about L and H. I've never used a bowgun before, but I use a circlepad and am proficient enough with the glaive's ranged capability - Right now, all I feel like I need to figure out is the actual controls in practice, and more importantly, what all this information about shot types on the gun itself is. I know about rapidfire and whatnot, but I'm not able to tell how a gun's rapidfire selection is indicated, nor what the numbers under each shottype's level represents. Are the whitened shottypes rapidfire?

The ones you're seeing just represent what types of ammo the gun can use, and how many shots it can load at once. If you scroll all the way to the last page it should tell you what types of ammunition it rapid fires, and how many shots per bullet it will fire. Alternatively, you could check Ping's Dex

I didn't mention having faith in the journalists. I'm perfectly aware they're all terrible at games. I'm simply saying that if the official game demo footage shows something that makes the game look shitty, it's a weak defence to claim that it's 'just a demo', when that's literally the footage they're trying to sell the game to you with.

Holy fuck, it's WHAT AMMO IT CAN USE?

Yes? Part of what makes Bowguns stand out from one another is what types of ammunition they can load. It's why they don't have element/status on the weapon itself, it's determined by the shot types.

Okay, initial panic out of the way, and now able to make sense of these values and tables, I've two questions where once there was just the one. I'm sorry!

Is the Steve LGB any good in that sense? And, how ought I gem this lagi gunner armor? Holy smokes, it's got some options.

Any HR LGBs you could recc?

Have they released one to the public yet? If not, then they more than likely rushed a shitty demo out for journos to play it. Then again, I tend to wait until the game actually releases before I buy it, so I have plenty of time to see if anything changes between then and now.

When I refer to the "demo", I mean the demo footage that has been released to the public. I don't know if it's a journalist playing in said footage.

Haven't played the games in English, so not familiar with the Steve LGB. Lagi I'm going to assume is Lagiakrus, the title monster from Tri? And you're in High Rank in which game, 4/G or X/XX?

So there'll be a MHW G after one year?

You're right and I know, but as I found out, the movement comes with gradual recovery instead of instant. Not sure how this turns out in regular hunts, but I can tell you that it helps jack shit when dealing with Akantor's MaSpa.

Not sure on how to feel about the teleporting thingy, but I think I don't really care. The environment looks pretty and you apparently also have infinite stamina now as long as you're not in a fight, so I'll probably just walk.
They seem to put less emphasis on bringing your own shit with every game. I remember that Generations gave you care packages filled with mega potions and ingredients right off the bat.
That's a bit of a tangent but I'm rather sad about that. I liked the farming and developing aspect as much as hunting. Well, I like hunting more, but I still feel like it's an important part of a Hunter's life.
Also, you always had the option to take a nap at the base camp to restore health and get rid of status effects.

I get it, I think. Monster Hunter World, more like Modern Warfare World, amirite?
Every time some developer's like "we want to appeal to a wider audience", older fans seem to get the boot. It'll probably be no different this time.
I just hope, and that's what it looks like, that Capcom only takes out improves the aspects that their focus-testing revealed to make the average adhd-riddled video game player in the West resort to posting angry tweets on Twitter. For now, it looks to me like they did. I sure hope the release a demo beforehand like they did with the 3DS releases.

I thought I was going to get a heart attack here. Is there any info yet about how it works this time around? Can't be worse than 4.

The public at large, not to my knowledge. It'll probably be playable by the public who attend TGS this weekend.

Apologies! Yeah, Lagiacrus set, and HR in 4U.

Don't worry about your armour skills in HR. Get a quick cohesive HR set, and then push through to G rank.

If it doesn't completely bomb or if they double down yes

From what I saw it looks to recover pretty fast anyway, but I obviously haven't played World so I can't say how it'll balance. Judging from the design philosophy though, I'm skeptical.

You couldn't instantly teleport back there though, and you couldn't get tons more extra medicines and the like.

Pretty much, that's generally what developers mean when they say "We want the foreign audience."

I've heard nothing official on the matter.

Fair enough. Off hand, it looks like this armor set was designed with the Bow in mind, considering it has Armor Skills for charging faster and for awakening latent elemental properties in weapons, both of which do not apply to Bowguns of either variety. It has the Skill that boosts damage against weak points however, so Rapid Firing Pierce Bullets might prove handy if you decide to stick with this set.

user you're being deulsional, MHW is liked by shitloads of people, just outside of Holla Forums and you'll see, look at every single MHW trailer, the dislike bar is practically nonexistant. And since you mentioned stuff about the social points with others? Guess which games get a shitload of their sales off of those? CoD, GTA, PUBG, Skyrim and a bunch of other popular games. MHW may or may not go the same exact route.

user, strip the game down to its barest level where its completely horizontal and there is no mounting and the action becomes almost identical. Capcom just added a crapton of content to go along with it.

Thats kind of the point of MHW. Thats not an argument against it. It makes the game seem more engaging and interactive instead of a 2 second loading screen taking away from the experience every 5 mins.

Meh, I wish I had more quests though, I did like the villlage quests and think they should have stayed.

They are retards user, they can barely tie their shoes without someone to baby them. Either they will learn how to play or not even make it to High Rank. Or get carried. Not like they probably have the patience to when they get their asses kicked constantly and cant fucking learn from their mistakes. We are mostly going to get the souls audience tbh.

I cant wait to get a MHW lore videos from VaatiVidya.

That's exactly my point - things they're told to like by the industry.

You mean the level at which it'd be almost identical to every other 3D action game? Because it sounds like you're dismissing all the small balance things like the dedication to your actions that define MonHun's combat, which World has proudly dropped.

But it doesn't seem engaging or interactive at all, it makes it a boring slog with lots of dead time with no fights happening.

Like I said, the audience World is being built from the ground up to target.

Almost forgot, for weapon choices, my off the cuff suggestion if you're going to stick with that armor would be to Rapid Fire Pierce Level 1 shots, which will be best served either with (going by Ping's Dex's English translation, which I assume is based off the English version of the game, apologies if that's not the case) the Blizzard Cannon or the Shotgun (Azure) - the latter will be objectively better at first, but loses Pierce rapid fire later on, so the Blizzard Cannon will be the better long term choice if you plan to do that.

4U room at 00-2965-0793-9236
Hunting Gozmagios atm but feel free to pick quests.

I can't believe monster hunter is finally dead.

I sure can't wait for the

Posts ad infinitum as people weakly try to explain to them that what they're playing isn't Monster Hunter.

I'd join you but it's full and also I'd probably only stay for like 3 quests

dude, look at

They are putting everything into one linear story with "ebin cinematic action sequences" and full voice acting.

Eventually you won't even need to pick up a controller, it'll just do the hunt for you.

it's ok i'm not feeling it either today

It's funny that you say that as after the backlash from DmC:CmD and the rumours of a new DMC game coming out turned out to be true.
And it was a pachinko machine.

seems that is where games go to die.

All DLC has been free in mon hun games. including any PAID dlc is the doorway for everything to be paid. I can see it now where they lock quests that give special loot behind paywalls and pay to win weapons (not that this game requires any effort to win)
It isn't, the core gameplay is gone. There is no strategy or penalty for being a retard. Just go in swinging and you'll never die.
I bet you got fucking pissed at egg/powderstone quests or how you faced a PENALTY for being a dumbass and carting. Part of the penalty is the long walk back to the fight; the Walk of Shame. You shamed your friends, you shamed your funds, you shamed your felynes, and now, you want to avoid that shame by not fucking up.
You never HAD to do the village, you could jump online really quick. The result is that you were ill prepared and got your ass kicked out of every lobby because you're a no armor iron weapon retard who wants others to do the work for you and are just a lead weight who doesn't know how to play. Yeah, so instead we'll just have BIGASS PROMPTS ON THE SCREEN and some bitch yammering at you every 5 seconds on how the basic controls work. Who cares if you've done this a hundred times, you're gonna hear this shit forever.
The fact that they are added at all shows more depths of the retards they are catering towards. But also, proof? And what about tutorial bitch? Giant fucking prompts? Constant item readouts? Where is the basic timer, health, stamina, and the item I have selected?
Then I'd be embarrassed as fuck that one of out toted drawing features resulted in a super shit AI crash. You can bet your ass this game is gonna be terrible 3 months from now.
Yes the demos are easy (over equipped, easy monsters), but the Ai is still sharp and punishes the fuck out of you until you learn to play the game. The demo is a direct reflection of how the main game goes.
The paid DLC and the incessant shilling.
to an extent, it's the willingness to KEEP buying things from the company that defines the cucked from the swede cucks

this is one game that is not going to receive my money.

agreed.

Here we go again.

Chill, the game isnt out yet, well see if that happens or not.
It still is, the game just looks better and the combat has been tweaked a bit. Watch this the gameplay is still there and you're still bound to cart if you play like a tard.
Nigger the penalty is still there, you're just not getting the picture how big some of the maps could be. The walk of shame is still there but you would either be flying while connected or a not too far off base camp. Also who tf cards on an egg/powerstone quest? Have you?
Same thing for MHW except there is no more village. :^)
That was for the demo for retarded journos, how much do i have to go over this?!?
Tutorial bitch is demo and can be turned off, same thing with prompts. Item readouts are for the first time you get the item. What do you even mean by " Where is the basic timer, health, stamina, and the item I have selected?"
That screw up was made public, I bet my ass that they are gonna fix that shit up double time. I dont know if the game will be crap once it comes out, but that is the most exciting part. Its a gamble!

new monster, in-depth story, new area. BEST MH EVER CONFIRMED

:^)

looks cancerous but it's literal mh story so I can't be bothered to get triggered tbh
look quite cool. that dalamadur weasel looks like fun.

"Let's take the monster whose name is literally 'the devil' and make it even more demonic looking because some people didn't get the reference"

See

Didnt you guys realize that other thread that was dedicated to discussing that video? A shitload of anons are pic related. I personally like the trailer, it is very well made.

and that is bad because…?

Yeah, I don't know what I expected when I went in there. It's basically just a shitshow of autists triggering autists because they smell salt in the water.

Weighing all that I've seen from the sperging and reasoned refutations that have passed from thread to thread, the game looks promising. I'll wait until there's more to form an opinion.

Because I was hoping for something more original. Diablos and to a lesser extent Monoblos were both associated with devils or demons, this new flagship's design seems similar to Diablos's except less grounded in reality so they could turn the devil aspect up to 11. When I first saw it, I thought it was a Diablos subspecies or something, before noticing the different bodytype. Also, considering that the most recent game's flagship monster was a more demonic variant of Diablos, the next game's flagship being something that looks like it's a more demonic spin on Diablos's concept isn't very appealing.
Of course it's still far too early to tell what this new monster is going to be like, it's just my initial, knee-jerk reaction to seeing it for the first time.

The only similarity is that it has big horns you autist.

It's also shown charging in a similar way to Diablos, and the animation where it braces itself to stop the charge is very similar; which is why I had thought it was a Diablos variant or clone initially. In the ending scene it looks more distinct, but the first impression they make of it, the first time the new flagship has ever been shown, was so strikingly similar to the signature and most well known attack of Diablos. I'll admit it's something minor, but it's a disappointing first impression.

If you are observant about the video there are small cuts that look like Diablos and Gravios/Basarios might make an appearance.

I'd prefer if they didn't thanks

Oh, you are in the "it's going to be shit" camp. Nevermind then.

Naw man I was thinking those two monsters are fairly cancerous and having to deal with them would be painful.

And nigga their ain't no camp; shitposting is not a side to an argument. I have high hopes but I'm going to wait like an adult to confirm if it's good or not

Fun fact, the Black Diablos are just females in heat and thirsty for cock.

Even the Gravios fight isn't that bad outside of when he's almost dead and just fucks off and hides in the rocks. Besides, it could be much worse.
HD Kehuz complete with caves with higher ceilings.
I'm with you on waiting but so far it feels like another MH game with cut scenes I can press start to skip. I'm holding out for hope that the other user was right and we will get gibberish dialog as an option but I wonder what they will do when the decide they want to tell a story and give us a cutscene. It would be funny as fuck for them to talk in gibberish with a translation on the bottom like a fucking fansub.

I think World looks decent and people are massively overreacting

I like diablos (which is confirmed in other gameplay footage) a lot actually, I was mostly referring to basarios and gravios. Don't care for them a whole lot.

But as long as the gameplay is good, it'll be fine. Seems like the shitposters have migrated to that other thread in the meantime which is p nice

After farming Khezu, Basarios and Gravios were a treat compared to getting my Khezu set. As a Hammer user they are easy pickings.

Reminder not to give capcom any money.

twitter.com/WeWuzMetokur/status/910231032695283713
twitter.com/WeWuzMetokur/status/910217701624344577

Fuck, what's a good late low rank armor set?

store.steampowered.com/sub/168154/
$90 fucking dollars for a virtual costume, what the fuck is going at at capcom?

store.steampowered.com/app/623000
And Mega Man skin cost double, Jesus Christ even EA isn't this Jewish.

It's $90 for the whole package. However it looks like you can't get it with out buying the whole thing.

No it doesn't.

If by "tweaked a bit" you mean "redesigned from the ground up for foreign normalfags"

They're not big, they've outright said they're all about 2-2.5x as big.

And considering those retarded journos are representative of the target audience, it's entirely believable that those will be present in the final game and unremovable.

That is the exact opposite conclusion anyone would come to from looking at these threads.

Except you can't skip most story cut scenes in MonHun, only the intros for Ancient Dragons and other overly imposing monsters because they play every time you do the quest. Every "one time only" cut scene is unskippable, and there are dozens of those in 4G for instance.

Rioleus armor is pretty good, you get Attack Power UP Small that can easily be gemmed up to Medium, as well as the skill that ups damage 5% against weak spots.

It's the same for the $59.99 ones. Only it's displaying the price of the normal version of the game. None of them are actually sold on their own. So it makes it look like the buyer is getting a discount with the -120 burgers.

I bet it's shit gear that's only useful before 4 star quests like many pre-order exclusive weapons/armor in games.

user what the fuck are you smoking, the game graphically looks amazing. It finally looks like those CGI cutscenes that were in the trailers for the previous games or in the monster ecology videos. MHW is the best looking game in the franchise by far, Although it has the ugliest guild girl, we can all agree on that

No it hasnt, the weapons literally have the same movesets with some new moves, HAVE YOU NOT seen any MHW videos describing the weapon changes?? Arguing with you is like arguing with a rock.

user the walk of shame takes about a good minute to do already, add in no loading screens but areas interconnected, extreme amounts of verticallity plus maps twice as large and it would take absolute ages to get back into the fight. Staying the same way in that case is absolutely counter intuitive and un fun as fuck user, think about it. Fast travel almost becomes a necessity when it comes to going back into a fight when its too damn far from base camp.

You double nigger. THEY ARE ALREADY REMOVABLE. There are options in the settings or whatever tab to remove the hints, guild girl chatter, hud, helmet(cosmetic), and possibly more. But all you ever do is never even research, just bitch and moan about every little thing. Watch more MHW world videos before coming back to me user, educate yourself.

Really liking how there's more actual monsters and fewer dinosaurs

No it doesn't, it's covered in glowing green crap constantly because of needing the Shirubemushi to highlight every interactive element on the screen. Hell, the fact that they're even needed to distinguish what's interactive and what isn't alone makes World objectively worse graphically than everything that came before.

You no longer have to commit to actions, and can even move while using items or firing guns. The most core balance elements have been fucked.

Even without carting being involved, the long corridors interconnecting areas are going to be unfun chores. I honestly don't get why people treat them as a plus, when it's only going to be more dead time that you're not fighting the monster.

Every piece of footage I've seen has that garbage on, with nothing suggesting it's removable. If it is, great, but that's still among the least of this garbage heap's problems.

At gamescom it was confirmed that most of it could be turned off. The only exceptions are the first-time tutorial messages, dialogue windows/pictures, and the pop-up for picking up an item, none of which could be turned off in previous games. Every other HUD element, including damage numbers, can be turned off.

If we pretend Siege Mode and Rapid Fire never existed, no one will notice they're gone :^)

trying to shift goalposts with game elements and hud mechanics (which as the last post said can be turned off) doesn't change the fact that world crafted as seen in demo footage looks objectively better than other monster hunter games.

no, they've been changed to suit the landscape of the game. And from what I've seen they've balanced movement with slower-acting effects

While in technical specs, world is graphically better, the artstyle of it is bland, desaturated, and lifeless, without the charm and character of previous monster hunters. Even returning monsters like the rathalos just look washed out and dull in this style, and new ones like ajanath are frontier tier boring and bland.

Whether you can remove the shit HUD elements or not is irrelevant because the game was designed with them in mind. It looks worse and worse the more info we get.

you can't be serious

The additional HUD shit was a waste of dev time and complete fucking unnecessary. Damage Numbers? It's just a cherry on the shit sundae. If you have an option to turn off shit, but the game was still designed with that shit in mind, what is the fucking point?

Fair enough, haven't heard that stated officially anywhere or seen any video evidence confirming any of it yet, but I'll take a look around.

Not shifting goalposts at all - graphics exist purely for the sake of interacting with the game. Cosmetic shit doesn't matter. A bunch of PS1 games had amazingly gorgeous environments that only got in the way of actually playing the game that made them annoying to play through. Hopefully Shirubemushi can be disabled, but the fact that they were implemented in the first place means that either the graphics are awful enough that you will have difficulty telling what is and isn't interactive without them, or the game is being aimed specifically at people who don't play video games and thus can't distinguish these things at a glance.

So it's a shitty landscape that leads to shitty gameplay decisions?

They haven't - while the graphic doesn't reflect instantly, it looks to work the same as in first and second generation Monster Hunters where the bar takes time to raise up but the health is already restored, and damage from the monster is inflicted against the "full" restored health despite what the bar suggests visually.

What else do you do in Monster Hunter? It's not a walking simulator where you "oo" and "ah" at the lush landscape, you're there to fight monsters.

Every opinion and evaluation is my own, if others share those opinions, it's because we have similar values and desire out of a Monster Hunter game.

And now you're either misunderstanding or misrepresenting what he said. His point is not that turning off HUD is bad, it's that the fact that things like Shirubemushi exist at all are because the graphics are so bad that they're thought to be required.

But that's the point though. It's completely supplementary; unnecessary to fully enjoy the game, which is the exact reason you can turn that shit off. It's for autists who want to minmax their set, but I don't need that shit, and for anyone else who doesn't, it can be switched off. You're not forced to eat the cherry.

Sometimes it does though. I want monster hunter to look good, and by a glance World looks good; no jaggies, no pop-in, and the landscapes don't look like colored legos or plato. I'm not bringing interactivity into it at all, and I'm still waiting to see more on that front before I form an opinion.

This is several huge jumps in logic. Why don't we wait and see on this front, because there's just not enough to go on yet.

What's shitty about it? Gameplay looks frantic and actiony like every other monhun game.

I'll see this for myself, but honestly I'm not too bothered as long as the monsters hit fast and hard.

Well then why not just go play GodEater then? I'd rather have more than fighting [insert anything] on a series of flat textures connected by loading screens. The only reason it's been like this is strictly because of technical limitations. If they can implement more without it getting in the way of a new challenge, then I'll see if they can do so.

You're assuming this. Maybe it's just because they presumed that tards would be unable to navigate the complexities of the landscape without hand-holding, which doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on the landscape itself. It could be perfectly fine to navigate for gamers. Once again, another thing that's completely assumed and inflated through Holla Forums's "the franchise is doomed" psychosis. I'll be waiting to see more as time goes on as far as this is concerned before I declare the graphics to be shit by a unsubstantiated jump in logic.

Anyone have that evolution of a gaming community comic? The one where it is niche and players love the game and then it gets big and taken over by fags and turns into something terrible?

Before 4u and arguably 3u it was.

Nigga everyone and their mum was playing Tri, the PSP games were popular as well.

You're completely missing the point. The fact that the sundae was built with the cherry in mind alters the whole sundae. It doesn't matter if I can ignore it. The damage numbers, the fireflies and even the voice acting are all things that the base game was designed with and affect the entire thing. If I ignore them, the game still suffers from them being part of the design process.

Never mind I found it.

The games were popular in a niche community. They now sell millions.

FU has sold more than any other game to date in the series and that was 8 years ago. If anything the series got more Niche after FU.

This is almost Star Citizen levels of Jew.

Only in japan is that true. Outside of japan the games keep getting more popular.

Wrong. 4U sold way more than Gen. Popularity was dwindling. Now thanks to Sony, popularity is spiking.

Gen is the exception 3u and 4u it was getting bigger. Gen is a crappy spinoff that is alienating just like world is.

Yeah Capcom saw the sales go down with Gen and saw that there last thing making any moeny was soon going to go away. So they got extremely fucking desperate and decided to try and make it popular in the west. Really fucking stupid idea if you ask me since the entire reason why Capcom is nearly bankrupt when the rest of the Japanese games industry is finally starting to pick up is because they spent all of last gen chasing after the western market. So they took the one thing they still make for Japan in mind that also happens to be the only thing that still makes money and make it for the west. Capcom never cease to amaze me in how completely inept they are.

It sold more in japan though

I just want them to crash and burn already.

I don't want it to become more popular than 4U or 3U but saying that it didn't dwindle is stupid.

That absolutely could have been true Gen was weird wasn't numbered and came out after several years of annual releases. It could have recovered after taking a year off and coming back with monster hunter 5. Hell pre-gen the games actually were just naturally getting more popular in the west, 4U actually broke a million copies in the west. However no Capcom decided to make world from the ground up for the west. Now I hope World is actually fucking good but with Capcom's history I am extremely fucking skeptical.

I have a feeling that World will have an Ultimate version, just like most other MH games.

I also have a feeling that when "Monster Hunter World Ultimate" is announced or released, they'll also announce a Monster Hunter 5.

And then that'll have a 5U version later on.

nonsense, world will have a $50 g rank dlc, that way you can't save by waiting for the g rank game, you need to buy both

If you've seen the gameplay, you would know that they need to distinguish whats interactive with whats not because the environments are too detailed with a shitload of other plants and rocks to tell whats what. Environments in the previous games were all bland and flat as shit with mineral/plant nodes popping out looking out of place, it was kinda ugly, but effective.

Yes you do, the weapons are mostly THE SAME, you still have to commit to attacks, time them, and aim precisely for the monsters hitbox. Watch embed related, its still the same game user. btw at 2:52 he turns off the button prompts

I dont know why you treat loading screens like a plus, its not like theyre any better you autist. The point is that youre actually hunting monsters in the wild, not fighting them in sectioned off arenas. And you're not denying what i said about fast travel being necessary due to the changes in the maps? Nice.

2:52 in embed related, he made the handler stfu, but her messages were still there though.

Bowguns are for fags.

The charm is still there, the graphics look pretty decent. Its only desaturated compared to 3u/4u, the rest of the series did look pretty meh tbh.

The monsters are extremely detailed and gorgeous, especially the rathalos. I just wish that i could change the graphical settings to make his colors pop out more.

The music seems like it got desaturated, too. Reminds me of BotW's minimalist music. m-mods will fix those though, right? At least the gameplay doesn't look as shit as when they revealed it.

There's still button prompt when you climb the monster, Not even dragon's dogma do this

I think that music was exclusive to G.Jagras.

I am not sure but I think ive seen gameplay where there was no button prompt during the mount. Its kinda hard to keep up with all of it, I just want the fucking game to come out so I can try it myself already.

its coming out in less than 4 months, thats not a very long time if you're a wagecuck I'm tempted to get that samurai armor though

Yes, with that armor you could use a hammer/DB/LS and pretend you're playing nioh instead.

Why is these monster Hunter threads attracting so many casuals?! What the heck am I reading….???

what implication being implied here?

U4 Room 10-9394-3690-4483
pass 4444
Come and hunt with me, faggots
pls no flood detection

Did you read you analogy when you wrote it or are really that autistic? You can just take the cherry off, numbnuts; it won't foreverially ruin the rest of the sundae

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING THE OPTION TO TAKE IT OFF, BECAUSE IT LITERALLY DOESN'T MEANINGFULLY EFFECT ANYTHING, THAT'S THE WHOLE REASON IT EXISTS.

This is literally like the autistic faggot you sat next to in 3rd grade who screeched if the pees in his lunch touched his cheesy mac. Even if you just pulled the pees out, nope, the cheesy mac was ruined and went right into the trash.

Honestly, the sheer force of autism around this game is so intense I can hardly handle it. I'll be glad when it's out and this shitshow can end.

Good. If only the devs were just as autistic, they'd keep the game designed to keep shitters at bay.

It would be better if these superfluous features were indeed like cherries on sundaes–options you can turn on to make it to your liking, instead of tossing them on top as the default.
If a pizza store sold pizzas with every topping and just told customers, "If you don't like some of the toppings, just take them off the pizza. You don't have to eat the pizza the way it was served," that store wouldn't be in business for very long.

Except there have always been shitters, that won't change anytime soon.

But this analogy is flawed too. The damage numbers, the HUD toggle, the language options, all of that is completely supplementary to the game itself. Therefore, calling it toppings on the pizza is wrong; rather, they're complementary side items like dipping sauces. The sauces being there by default does not make it integral to the pizza meal. It's there, you can have it when you start, stop having it midway, or just not have it at all. no matter what way its up to you. And last I checked, most pizza places do this, to great success.

In this context, psychoserum, an item you can just spam craft in your item chest, is a literal quest marker genius.

I hate the scoutflies myself. They're cheap and visually annoying.But that's another thing we haven't seen enough about for me to really know whether they're integral or not. Once I know where monsters spawn and what plants and nodes look like, will it even matter? These are questions I have, and I'll be patient until I have answers. I'd just rather not see these threads filled with autistic screeching until then

You're right. Food isn't video games, or anything like it. I was just riffing on the analogy, but food analogies are shit anyway.

This wasn't the point I was trying to make. The point is that there's a certain direction that designs (for anything) follow, and that when you overlook some aspects, or include them, the design strays from that direction. Wanting to cater to western audiences was apparently never on their minds when making previous monhun, but now it is, and look at what the game is (((shaping up))) to be. It's not improving on previous features or mechanics, and it isn't presenting quality-of-life improvement either at least from what we've seen since all they show have been selling points. To understand what I mean by quality-of-life improvements, consider the fact that you can hold down the button to craft lots of items very fast. If it wasn't always like that, and you had to hit the A button many times for many items, then "hold A to craft" would be a QoL improvement. Things like mantles, that seem to give ample skill points, or the slinger that lets you instantly have another go after a failed mount, aren't simple QoL improvements, as they fundamentally change the game.
I suppose the reason damage numbers are contentious is because the don't clearly fall into either category, but that's why I posted that webm, because now the devs have it in the back of their minds that the game is made with damage numbers for visual feedback now, instead of the old way where you just walloped the monster until it flinches. What also is disconcerting about this is that visual feedback currently exists when hitting a monster. But that's not enough for the western audience, you see? Particle effects are only an indicator, not triggers for dopamine responses for the new weapon you just crafted.

>Except there have always been [(((autistic screeching)))], that won't change anytime soon.

That's all anyone can do until the game is released. embed related. Might just be you

Oh Holla Forums. So much anger over the years, and rightly so, that you can't be happy when something good comes along. I can tell you right now that I was worried about world to, but after playing it for myself, I have nothing but hype now. That being said, last time I was hype was for warhammer online and god knows how that ended. Still, can't wait for world, might even pre order like a good goyim for this one…

get me out of here
I think the worst part is, this is sort of the same vein of dialogue and camp that could be found in previous monster hunters, but the grunt speak and the light hearted atmosphere made it easy to swallow and enjoy. I hope it actually isn't trying to take itself this seriously in the actual product, because that was hard to watch.

Hotline Miami. the one guy that Holla Forums is really like that one. I'm sure there are more examples, but I can't think of any. BDO kind of, at least until the gooks decided it wasn't safe enough an investment

I was about to berate you for this, but I realized some people will never learn until they get burned enough. Some people like the burn.

It's very apparent to me that this is the only way to voice a game, especially if you want to target a large audience, or many several audiences. Real words means actors can only approximate the vision of the creator or approximate mediocrity if the actor sucks, and that's only assuming the game's progenitor had a vivid and fantastical vision to begin with.
Grunt speak and gibberish can intonate emotion with ease, but real words can fall very flat if done less than perfectly. voice acting also annoyed me in Breath of the Wild, and had me rolling my eyes every time zelda spoke in a cutscene. I'll expect nothing else for Worlds.

Is there any info on how expensive the ps4 pro collector edition will be, and if it comes with the game?

Just checked the conversion and the price in yen is about $450

Hah, that'll be scummy as hell. But I can see them doing something like that.

I was thinking about their implications this morning, and laughing.

Capcom says they're making this to appeal to the western audience, right? So with all the changes in World, what do they think the western audience likes/needs?

Games that play themselves because westerners don't like games, they like the social credit that comes with them.

They're leagues better you dumb faggot

No, it doesn't.

Not really. Do you have an alternate explanation?

It doesn't look frantic or actiony at all, it looks like a movie where you watch monsters kill themselves for your amusement.

Better question, why don't they just put this crap on a new IP instead of killing Monster Hunter for it?

It certainly doesn't seem to present any challenges, so they've failed in that regard then.

So, the graphics in World are objectively worse than previous games then.

They've outright said they're making Monster Hunter for people who hated that, I highly doubt you'll have to.

It doesn't look remotely similar to me. The monster barely attacks, and when it does it's not a threat at all. It's just a giant sandbag for him to bash on.

Fair enough, thank goodness for that at leas-
WHY

They let you skip very long portions of boring monsterless landscape that instead now you'll have to hold Up constantly through. I don't see how they're NOT better.

Why does that matter? I want to fight the monster, why would I welcome making it take longer to get to that?

I'm arguing that the inherent change in the maps is already cancerous to begin with, and teleportation is a symptom of that.

Because World is being built specifically for casuals.

I'm happy everytime a good game comes along. World is not a good game.

Pretty much what said - the crowd devs are aiming for when they say "We want the foreign audience" is "normalfags who hate video games and just want to be socially accepted while having their egos stroked"

but western players are more hardcore than japanese players

Welp it was a good series while it lasted

It will have a expansion nost likely

Ya know who is actually to blame for Worlds if it is as garbage as it looks?

The fucking french

This could be the truth, and I could believe it. But what's being shown off in western AAA games doesn't show that. What's being praised by game journalists doesn't show that either.

Western AAA games show off cinematic cutscenes, movie-style story, one-button-for-cool-thing gameplay, jam-covered screens/regenerating health, tutorials, waypoints/map markers, scripted setpieces, graphics > gameplay, no vibrancy, just blinding light and grey/brown colour tone etc etc. The list goes on.

So when a Japanese company, out of touch with its player base, see what the western industry is making, they think "Hmm, maybe THIS is what the west likes?" And then they make a game like pic related.

It's not. The truth is, there's hardcores outnumbered vastly by casuals on both sides of the pond, and companies always assume they need to tone shit down for the foreigners, hence shit like the foreign versions of FF4, Rockman 2, and MonHun 3G, while on the other hand our version of Battletoads got fucked hard.

i really hope world skyrimizes the franchise to death just so that you cunts will stop being so full of yourselves and giving money to capcom

So, you never actually played the game?

PC's the Westerner console, of course the game designed for Westerners is going to be the one to get the PC port

New Ace Combat is coming to PC too. No DFM, no bullshit America vs Russia, back to an unnamed protagonist, Strangereal, etc.

What's the catch? there's always a catch when it comes to nip PC ports.

I dunno, perhaps we'll see when it's closer to release. But so far it looks like the PC is getting everything that the consoles are getting, just with better graphical options.

Denuvo obviously

Or that. That'll probably be it.

The door is open, capcom is bleeding money out the ass and they have killed all their franchises. This is the last one and you can bet your ass they will milk it.
Except it isn't. Look at all the free hits of "LOL ATTACK" you can do with no threat, no worries, not a damn thing to concern yourself with other than "just keep attacking". The monsters are laughably lethargic with hitboxes so tight you can just chug potions and leisurely stroll away from them.
Egg/powderstone runs are, look at that, really fucking long walks where you need special skills to take shortcuts. The second half of my post is ANY hunt/mission where you're fighting and you cart and your ass gets sent back to camp, you're taking that long fucking walk back to the monster. No fast travel. It's a penalty.
So you don't know the difference between "come back when you finish the village quests" and "you've been banned for saying "Fuck off, retard""? k
I've yet to see a "demo for a retard journalist" that wasn't a case of the game being utter dogshit as a final product. No one has mentioned the monsters will be more aggressive, no one has said how the monsters will have much more HP, how mechanics won't be given to you, etc.
Proof? And what I mean is "where is my simple hunter readout that didn't look like a mockup parody of throwing as much bullshit on a screen as possible?"
People thought the same thing with MvC infinite.
"Keep attacking with no fear of losing". Riveting.
Why defend it? I told you; it's the gateway drug and capcom is bleeding so much money, they are gonna try and milk anything they have left, which is mon hun.

Just ignore it and use your own sensibilities and research to determine if you want to buy it when it releases When it releases for PC of course

Anyone wanna go hunting in MHXX for a while?

So far all I really know about it is I like how some of the weapons appear to control in the show-off trailers (I loved that repositioning slide for Charge Blade), the brown n' bloom of the initial reveal wasn't as bad as thought, items take longer to go into effect because they're listening to a minority that could not handle the idea of the post-item flex, and they're shooting themselves in the foot by not putting it on a handheld.

It's another Goon, just report them and move on as always.

You're a fucking child.

Who else would come into a thread about a series they hate just to shitpost?

People intentionally stirring the pot, shitposters, console warrers, crossposters…

Exactly. Goons, Holla Forumsshitters, etc.

Anyway

I remember getting that when I first picked up Charge Blade in MH4U. I was such shit at first. I had dreams where I was amazing, pulling off GPs like nothing, against roars or attacks with no tells and KOing monsters right off the bat.

Fuck you, turtles.

Had the same thing with Charge Blade and Long Sword when starting out with 4U, couldn't figure those goddamned weapons out for the life of me. I had no idea the red-shield buff state for CB existed until most of the way through HR.

Getting good at MH is just getting autistic about learning monster attack patterns. None of the weapons have depth to their movement any moreso than a sengoku basara game (although monster depth is infinitely greater in MH than any enemies in Basara), point being is that it's not DMC or an arena shooter or anything as far as character movement goes.
Map start to kick (special attack) in the options menu, press start when you want to GP

I was just starting so I was learning about which buttons to press to use whatever, alongside learning when guard points start and how long they last.

Learning was a ton of fun.

Finally unlocked Charm Melding in MHXX. Man time to do this song and dance again.

At least until there's a good way to farm at later ranks. Still dicking around in low/village.

Ya'll gonna pre-order you MLG-pro esports headset for monster hunter?

Man, everytime I see anything new related to this title, it just makes me go "Yeah, they really are making this 100% for the foreigners"

They made that pretty clear when they announced the game, they probably wouldn't even release it in japan if they could.

I like how he still runs around and dodges and pretends he isn't fighting two statues in a desperate bid to save it.

Oh absolutely, just saying that every new thing that gets announced about it reinforces it.

This. the HR and G rank quests where you fight one-on-one in an arena-style map are the best. Get your little bonuses from the guild box and step into the ring, motherfucker. No bullshit like small monsters or the monster flees the area, just a fight to the triple cart.

I remember something similar from DaS2. The prequel was adored, in (large) part, for its cohesive world. As you explored areas looped back on each other making the whole world feel interconnected. Then the next game was designed with fast travel from the get-go in mind, and this charm was suddenly not there in the world. It didn't have to be cohesive and interconnected, so it wasn't. I'll link back to the webm I posted
Hopefully no one else tries to strawman the point it's meant to convey.

Isn't that headset japan exclusive, though? It's on the japanese site, but I don't see it mentioned anywhere on the US one.

I have a hard time believing the MHW supporters in this thread aren't shills. They are so naive, the only alternative is that they are small children who stumbled in here from some demotivational poster on 9gag.
It just blows my mind when they say things like:
>Chill out it's just one DLC costume that no one likes locked behind pre-order, there is no way there is gonna be tons of paid DLC. This is CAPCOM we are talking about!
My favorite has to be this one:

user, you make very good points, and I dont think I would be able to refute what you're saying. I understand that MHW is a vastly different game from the rest of the franchise and shoving it down peoples throats wont change a damn thing, I just wanted to debate and some human interaction thats it. Capcom with its shitty konami-like business practices does not deserve any of our money tbh and i recommend if anyone is still going to buy MHW, but it from a third party online or some shit.

Some of what you said really fucking hurts to know, such as.

This shit is worrying as fuck. I think I may feel what spore fans felt all those years ago if things go that bad. Judging from these trailers though, the game on its own still looks pretty fun, the MH team COULD probably still pull it off if things somehow go well.

I just want to hear peoples opposing opinions about the game, trying to force someone to consume what they deem a pile of shit wont go well for either of the participants.

It's because they are

While some of them are shills I think most of them are just people who are still optimistic. I don't know why you would be optimistic when this is capcom we are talking about. Capcom is the single japanese company that makes everyone mad all the time with every single choice they have made. Capcom is the company that attempted to destroy the japanese games industry last gen by constantly pandering to the west and ruining every franchise they had besides monster hunter. They are the company who who stole boxart for a game from a fucking IGN image and left the watermark on it, have put out multiple games with spelling mistakes on the title of the box. Capcom is a company who announced a long-awaited sequel to a game that ended on a cliffhanger to universal praise. They then cancelled the game and blamed the fans saying they didn't do enough to support the game. They followed the best selling DMC game with a reboot that through out everything people loved about the games and actively mocked their fans IN THE FUCKING GAME. Not only am I extremely pessimistic about MHW I'm fairly confident Capcom will actually attack fans after it fails. I just hope to god MHW fails and finally fucking kills Capcom so maybe somebody could make something worthwhile with their franchises.

DASH 3 still hurts

I just pretend Tron Bonne's MvC3 ending is the canon ending to the DASH series.

If that happens then i will be convinced that there is no God, but only the Devil laughing at us from below.

I'd prefer that from the audience Capcom wants to be the people who enjoy the games in the future.

The audience World is aimed at is the same audience that keep pachinko alive though - normalfags who hate video games.

monhun pachinko would be significantly more faithful to the series than world, and about as faithful as double cross

Making this post to screencap these predictions. I don't doubt the first one happening, but the second one is a bit of a stretch. But if they ever come to pass, I'll post the screencap, just to prove to the optimists and shills that Holla Forums isn't full of trolls or nay-sayers who post what they do for the sake of posting it, but because they remember the past and their perspicacious eyes are open to what happens around them.
I recommend other anons do this, because I might forget, or might not be lurking at the right time

No pachinko is aimed at middle-aged to elderly Japanese men who do not play video games or used to play video games. They aren't any better or worse but at least it means we never have to see them. If it gets popular in the west get ready for shitty memes everywhere that celebrate how they ruined monster hunter.

I'm honestly surprised world didn't just go full retard and implement pvp. The western normalfag audience is going to drop it in a week without it.

You do realize that MH is the equivalent of CoD in japan right? only casual play that game

And what does that have to do with anything I said? Some people appreciate Pokemon Gen 2 for its difficulty compared to later entries, that doesn't mean they think it's hardcore.

Yeah but have you considered not being a NINTENDRONE? :^)
There really are shills and idiots, but also a third category, most responsible for your last two points. Mouthbreathers like these who came in the MH threads to say the same "it's a casual franchise" over and over again. Now that they come saying the same shit and defend world, we can learn two things. 1) sour grapes and 2) MHWorld really does appeal to the worst demographics.

Because it a series that were design to milk every penny from you.

user you are just arguing against yourself at this point.

Filter the retard.

Enabler like you is why capcom keep getting away with it

You're such a silly billy

Hub durr muh enablers

shouldn't be surprise at this point

Did anyone order ear rape?

I volunteered to check out cuckchan after the new trailer and this is what seemingly EVERYONE there defends while insulting me for criticizing the game:

What's happening to the Monster Hunter fanbase? Those are things we all condemned some years ago. Especially damage numbers. We laughed at them. Together. Like brothers.

haha, gay

All great points, except these:
It's already been confirmed that they turned off the blood for the demo.
You can turn this off for sure, and it will encourage scrubs to learn their fucking combos while it's there.

I don't know what the fuck is happening with Monster Hunter. It sucks and I don't like it, but what can you do? Since it's on PC maybe it'll be worth a pirate if mods can fix it.

When and where, though?

Also updated the list a little to make it a little more professional. Maybe spread it and hope Capcom sees it and actually cares:

Anything else to add or remove?

Someone never made it to High Rank, much less G Rank.

Fans of the series know full well that that's what's going to happen, I doubt most of the people you'll talk to here buy non-G versions of games.

This is nothing, there's people who are so cucked that they honestly want Capcom to do paid upgrade DLC instead of G versions.

That's your own fault then. Play the game properly - alone.

Read the thread, the fanbase HATES all of this. Literally the only people defending it are shills, or shitposters from SA/Reddit.

You can't - there's an option, but it only turns off some prompts, not all of them.

Refuse to give them money and make it loud and clear why.

For the amount of work it'd take to fix it, you might as well just emulate 2G or P3rd on PPSSPP

Well, and the entirety of cuckchan as I just found out the last days, and there are many, many, many cuckchanners.

At this point 4chan is just another extension of SA, like Reddit and Tumbler.

Wanna blast through some HR molten tigrex, maybe some similar rank shit? A friend and I need help breaking into G. 49-8217-7585-7189, pass 1111. I'd offer to supportgun, but in my current gunner set, this thing will OHKO me with a nasty look.

You forgot to add fries with those salt, user

I love that this place has IDs. You can't even form a coherent post or argument.

You are the kind of people who don't even question anything and just eat the shit up as it's served.

I'm an actual fan. Since MH1. Kill yourself.

Ok I might actually not be back in a bit, but post a room later and if I'm around I might join.

That's alright, it was pretty amazing downing a Kushy, visiting the arena, and getting some gunner practice in. Thank you!

Yes, please.

user WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU FIND THAT FOOTAGE??!!?

So apparently you can now do story mode quests with friends in Monster Hunter World.
That's right; they've made the game so casual that you can get help from others in the easiest quests in the game

Now i can hear a Jaggi fart across the map while i drink my Mega Dash juice flavored Mountain dew whilst eating Teostra Chili supernova Doritos and hope i get a DLC code off the can for a rare Nyanter or Star Knight XD armor.

So, what you're saying is, they did the same thing other entries did but in story mode to make things more fun because the arguments for this game are, "it's better with friends". Oh so casual.

Mizutsune and Astalos are pretty-looking monsters.

Does Gammoth hunt by pretending to be a cave in a blizzard?

Yeah it's getting pretty fucking casual

(checked)
Damn right my man.
How many casual fuckers didn't complete the Caravan offline mode to get their wystones? Fucking tons of people.
And how many actually bothered to get them after being kicked out of every apex room they could join? Exactly. The people who bothered to get gud.

MHW truly is the Dark Souls of hunting games.

Right, normalfags.

Speak for yourself

They're already doing that.

The only people who argue that are normalfags. The majority of the fanbase largely agree the real appeal is in the single player.

The monsters need to become wicked, they need to track the players harder so that "listing lazily to the left while chugging a potion" isn't an effective combat strategy and the mantles stats are a crippling over reliance or even not effective against many monsters.

It'd be great, but we all know Capcom is incapable of not ruining their games pursuing the imaginary wider audience.

Yup, if wishes were fishes and all that.

That Barroth looks easy and that guy plays like a tard. When MHW comes out and the monsters arent vicious enough to prison rape me then Ill be very upset. Thats the only way to balance out all of this casualization bullshit thats being added.

I like that advertisement. It's pretty cool.

Even in the case that they make the difficulty appropriate it still undermines the core flow of gameplay the series has had until now. No or little commitment to actions paired with potentially devastating and aggressive enemies is at best fighting hypers/some deviants using styles&arts in X and at worst is just another dark souls or dragon's dogma with more polish.
Even in the event that the game has a great difficulty balance, we would need to see drastic stylistic and interface changes to reasonably call this a new entry to a continous 'monster hunter' series. I.e. dramatically different gameplay could be paired with a traditional aesthetic to make a reasonable entry (Consider DMC1-3), or conversely a drastically different style which preserves core mechanics (DmC if it stayed with it's early design and the gameplay was actually similar to 3 or 4).
Just compare the embed to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=WcNNpyBO2ZE
At this point World achieves neither of these standards so it's hard to see it as anything other than a normalization of the series to appeal to a wider audience by smoothing the edges that made the series unique.

Though to be honest anyone who's been playing for a long time was already at the point of 'hopeful' around gen 4 releases and well and truly at the point of 'resignation' by the time X and XX had come out. I guess it's kind of a relief in a way.

Whenever I check out cuckchan because somebody's moaning about how horrible it is either the exact opposite of what's being claimed is going on (I remember back when the LITERAL WHITE GENOCIDE bit was going on with Far Cry 5 people were claiming cuckchan was tripping over itself to defend the claimed SJW elements and what was actually happening was people were falling for bait in the midst of 4/pol/ freaking the fuck out, us included apparently) or it's a wild exaggeration. For World whenever I check it out it's generally more positive than here but still has a lot of the same worries about casualization. Blind defenders would be the same as here, shitposters and shills, no?

Tri was a good goddamn time.

Those are literally the only people who could say anything positive about World.

Thinking about it some more now I'm really fucking myself over thinking about Tri. I'd heard about previous installments from a friend who spend THREE FUCKING YEARS TRYING FOR A LOS RUBY but Tri was the first one I ever had access to and it instantly caused the longest nonstop gaming spree I'd managed till then. I was like 11 and those four hours with the Great Jaggi left my hands trembling and aching despite the biggest smile I've ever had. I wanted my mom to watch my play it. The co-op arena was amazing for my family.

I met my first girlfriend through that damn game, and fuck yes it was one of those retarded online gamer-gf deals 12 year olds take part in, except she was motherfucking fourteen, fuck you. She also disappeared right out of the blue weeks later. In retrospect, putting the pieces together, her family probably couldn't afford to keep the net on - or, worse, she had her shit smashed for getting caught being cutesy with some younger boy across the internet. Or she was a 50 year old man who got bored, what do I know.

The man who taught me most of that game - the guy I remember so vividly tutoring me in the art of the switchaxe on a harvest tour of that vast desert map, "repeat in synch" style like a martial arts master and pupil, went from basically my adoptive father to someone I no longer talk to, since then. It's really fucking insane to me, to think that I recall back to exactly what I saw when he taught me when I use the weapon now, and hear his voice while I'm playing. Up until then, sword and shield was "my thing" in the friendgroup. Switchaxe brought us together. He ended up throwing a massive week-long fit later when I then tried to get into bowgun and asked him for advice - He got really angry at me over how he thought I was copying everything that was "his". I just wanted to be like him. He was so effortlessly, calmly better than I was at the game, had gotten his Alatreon goodies before I'd met Jho, and when I so, so proudly did well on an Ala hunt he was struggling with, he crushed me a little by quitting the game, telling me to fuck off, and disappearing for a while.

He gets his friends drunk to try to kiss them now. They're guys. He argues he's straight. I'm really glad I got to know him before he became like he is, because he was genuinely big-brotherly while my actual dad worked 24/7 and refused to connect with people.

I had to convince my mom, almost really argue with her, to let me buy that game. She believed in the ESRB and I had to do a full-on weeklong research stint, repeatedly trying to prove the game's harmlessness, before she let me try it.

Jesus fucking christ, it's been seven years. The kid I was then isn't someone I'd identify as myself anymore. This franchise got to see me turn from a child who gets jealous and cries over beloved internet girlfriends into some kind of adult. What are these feelings, and why am I kind of crying?

Personally I'm far too old to say I've grown up with MonHun, but there are franchises I've grown up alongside that I can tie similar types of memories with most of which are dead now, so I feel your pain especially so

Oh my God, is that what I'm seeing? Is it dieing on me? Please don't tell me that's what I'm about to witness I need this I haven't got good yet

I will never enjoy Tri because that god awful half assed bowgun system.
Holy fuck that was a prime example of "good in theory but terrible in practice"

I don't know user, My best friend back from middle school about 5 or 6 years ago introduced me to MonHun, we played and talked about vidya together quite often, but back then I was too much of a poorfag to afford the games. He was aslo an avid cuckchanner, but he was my nigga and I truly miss him. I would play the fuck out of monhun with him if we were to reconnect today, but that probably will never happen. Maybe he moved to 8ch and is in this thread right now though, maybe not But thats life user, it happens to the best of us. Also I'm here for you /mhg/ if you need a friend I will be willing to be there for you when it gets rough.

So do you want to play some MonHun with me user or not right now? Maybe that will clear your head a bit.

user you have to be over 18 to post he-

See:
You'll feel the grief pass through soon enough. Don't fight it.

I don't mind the existence of X and XX as long as mainline continues being decent. And you can still play either like mainline with Guild style and not equipping hunter arts (because seriously I never use any of Charge Blade's Hunter Arts. The only one I have equipped is Load Up. I forget it exists). The game isn't really built around using arts or styles other than Guild especially. And I like that. And even in mainline they make crappy tweaks or nerfs.

I'm pretty sure we'll be getting an MH5 after World. AFAIK Japan likes mobile, and MH appeals to them in that sense. Sure there's Frontier, but I doubt that that's as well-selling as the handheld games. I doubt they'd discard that huge part of their audience like that (it could happen, since this is Capcom we're talking about but I still hope they're smart enough to see where a good chunk of their money lies).

Though I guess if that doesn't happen, maybe people will still keep playing MH4U for some time to come. I guess that'll be that.

I don't see World selling a lot in the west. I doubt "monster hunting" will have any kind of appeal beyond the fans who'll get it because it has monster hunter in the title

Best girl.

I don't have memories like that tied to these games, since I got into them later on in life and didn't grow up with them, but those memories sound like they were fun at the time. And Switch Axe sounds like something you still play a lot.

Your story gave me warm feelings. Reminds me of the games I grew up with. Though I was mostly alone and playing online was something that didn't exist.

I remember being so excited for Tri, FU was my fucking jam so when Tri got announced I bought the edition with the pro controller, I was excited to not have to do the claw anymore. The online was so much fun too, I even bought a keyboard for my Wii just so I could type faster. My only three regrets are breaking that keyboard when trying to clean it, not playing it more when I could and the fact that FUCKING GAME had a really low weight limit when shipping to my country so I didn't get the Lagiacrus and Rathalos busts if I managed to order the game from them, pic related I found online.

I'm hopeful that World will bomb and they'll come crawling back with a real Monster Hunter 5 for the 3DS or Vita, but it's fully possible World will succeed, killing Monster Hunter once and for all. I've seen it happen to too many franchises at this point.

They've claimed World IS MonHun 5, so the only way we'll get a MonHun 5 is if World completely tanks and they need to go into damage control mode.

Man, I just sort of thought about what an uphill battle mhw is already facing. Not talking about quality or a lack thereof, but just the sheer bad business decisions.

So, mhw is clearly being aimed at the mmo crowd, with the emphasis on multiplayer to the point of removing the single player campaign, loot system, "raids", etc. Mmos are already an overcrowded genre with few breakout hits, and console oriented mmos even more so, so that's a strike against its chances already.

Then you have to take into account that it's a monhun for consoles, only a single console monhun has ever sold over a million, and that was tri, breaking into an untapped niche of somewhat hardcore game for wii, and drawing off the wii's massive steam it still had. Current gen systems are flooded with "le ebin hardcore games".

I'm predicting it's a flash in the pan "le new dark souls XD" for 2-3 weeks before being completely forgotten, selling around 1 million, despite capcom having already spent the money it would have made if it sold 2.5 million.

Capcom are pretty shameless. I can see them doing that if World tanks or doesn't make them the profit they're expecting.

Criticisms about gameplay aside, I really do like the graphical fidelity of world. All it needs is some more vibrancy when it comes to colour and it would look fantastic.

I'm doing some solo right now. I'm a little too sleep deprived to focus on one thing for long enough to be considerate of other players. I didn't know /mhg/ existed though holy shit

Is my math wrong? It's been like seven years, right? April 20th, 2010.

Switch axe is still my mainstay for something I can fluidly control and reliably evade with, mhm. I get in the zone with that thing. And, I know, right?

THAT'S SO FUCKING SICK

I'm hoping world is good. If there's one thing you fuckers taught me it's to reserve judgement until shit's actually out.

You're right, it's seven years.
It's been 7 years since tri.

I'm pretty sure that's the entire reason it's "World" and not "MonHun 5"

And the ability to tell what's interactive and what isn't without relying on magic glowy shit.

I'd like to hope, but when from the get go they said they were making it for the foreign normalfags who hated MonHun, and everything that's been shown has been without any redeeming qualities whatsoever, I've lost the ability to hope for anything but it failing so spectacularly that developers never look West ever again.

oh, I'm coming off way more sleep deprived than I thought I felt. Sorry!

I was goddamn 11-12. I was a goddamn preteen when I got Tri. It feels unreal to say. I don't believe what I'm reading.

I really think we need to stop giving it all this free publicity getting caught up in the hype/antihype. Let it sit in your mind 'till it's out and then give it a look once all its cards are on the table. It's what I'm doing, personally.

I was never able to get tri because my older normalfag brother sold my wii back in 2009 i think in order to get an xbox 360. I later found out about the game and fell in love with it from trailers and videos on youtube, but soon kinda forgot about it.

Then I finally got 3u back in 2014 and fell in love with the series since trying out the demo, it just felt right to me. I have another normalfag brother who owns 3u and 4u and a 3ds which i gave cfw without him knowing, but he hates playing videogames and refuses to play anything at all with me, including monhun

Is this a monster we can hunt, user?

I was like that way back when with Longsword, and then I stopped playing for a long, long time until MH4U. I was enamored with the fluidity and versatility of Charge Blade so I decided to pick it up and learn how to use it and now that's my mainstay.

Talking about it is just making me wanna play, so I should probably get back to completing MHXX's Village.

I love most of the girls in P5, but Kawakami is one of the absolute best.

Still waiting for someone to show me where this was confirmed. I think I read that it was confirmed 500 times at this point.

I want blood splatters instead of pebbles and sand.

You better not be the gay community user, Mormons like him hates gays.

here's the video with the blood effect you nitpicking bastard

There's more dust than there is blood, what the hell.

Do you even play MH game before?The blood effect almost similar to MHXX

MH4U: 33-2904-4674-8229
Frankly I'd rather be joining someone else's room since I'm not sure if I want to play for that long

Maybe it's just the dust, along with the lack of color, that's making the blood looks smaller and less pronounced than it is compared to other games. Compare it to 4U, the blood is much more noticeable. You can tell that Gore Magala is getting cut to bits. youtu.be/34W44vle8o8?t=2m4s

Alright, fine, nevermind.

Anybody saved that post that has "wow good job! the monster was almost able to do something"

How much people here play MH4U over MHXX?

I might restart MH4U if the amount of available hunting buddies are higher.

see

Not 4U, but I started a new file of 4G recently. I also have XX and join rooms for that when they're posted, but otherwise I've pretty much finished it.

Prowler is the foreign name for Nyanters, right? Cat players are cancer, no matter where and usually women who play it just to attention whore

Man, I would assume that since they have skills instead of items they'd be amazing support and people would love playing them. I guess they're the new French insect glaive users?

Don't know about Frogs, but the people who play Nyanters tend to be women who play to be hangers-on to a group, like someone's girlfriend or something, so complete shitters.

If Monster Hunter World were to come out today "as is" i.e. exactly what we've seen in footage, on the platform of your choice (PC, 3DS, ColecoVision, whatever,) would you buy it?

poal.me/f5qwfk

I don't know what that is.

New thread