Console market shrinking

Will casuals finally fuckoff forever to mobile?
Will we finally see some meaningful changes in the next generation of consoles?
Will we finally see some more PC focused games again?
Will I ever stop sucking cocks?

What do you think Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wait, what happened to the Saturn one?

Everyone who wants one of those consoles probably already bought it as they have all been out for some time now. Isn't it obvious that console sales would decrease over time as a result?

If anything all it shows is M$ lost sales to sony, and all the people who bought the Wii didn't re-enter the market the next gen.

I don't think mobile replacing console is a good thing.

That obvious, but add 360/PS3/Wii sales and compare them to PS4/Xbone/WiiU sales.

Even if we disregard that the lifetime sales of 7th Gen was made in more we can just add the unit sales number of all 7th Gen consoles in 2010, 4 years after the PS3 launch, and see that even then it surpasses the Global console unit sales we have today.

For all the cancer it brought, SJW faggots clashing with GG niggers did us a favor and turned normalfags away from vidya altogether. So, in a way, I guess GG did its job.

Also, indie cunts have been trickling into PC market for a while now. So we're seeing a resurgence of the PC market for sure, though at the cost of aforementioned SJW faggots. At least I can find the occasional diamond in the rough. For every 10
We get a Barony or Ziggurat. Not too bad of a tradeoff, about the same as wading through piles of licensed shovelware that permeated the market of the late 80's and all of the 90's.

WELL PLAYED

hownew.ru

Mobile won't replace a fucking thing besides handhelds its market is too casual and its market too volatile with its hardware and inputs stilll being severely limited.

I've been working a lot lately, haven't had much time to shitpost, just lurking and vidya. pls no bully ;-;

ITT: OP doesn't know the difference between market shrinking and market saturation.

Sales slow down when everyone already has a system in their home.

You asked for it…

Yet the Nintendo switch keeps growing?

Kids start playing games on iphones/ipads these days. Then they go straight into PC gaming because they want to be like their favorite youtube e-celeb or twitch streamer. Most of my relatives and friends who have kids are practically begging them to get interested in consoles so they have an excuse to buy them "for the family", but they still don't want them.

I think things like the Switch are probably the future of consoles. You'll have some sort of mobile tablet with a slightly beefier docking station/media center. Then you'll have the PC for more serious games.

Read

Its not saturation, saturation would mean PS2 levels of sales for the PS4 considering is price and the failure of the Bone and the WiiU.
This is the console market shrinking due to casual fucking off to mobile.

All they had to do was stop trying to be "super duper cool" adults at the various industry shows. The cringe is off the chart every time they have these events now. Who wants to be associated with that? They could have probably run for a few more years if they did not all think they were the "hippest" people on the planet. The shovel ware could have continued for a lot longer but it is coming to an end. Soon it will be so stagnant only the people who really cared will still play games. I can't wait.

I feel like we'll see a lot more third party mobile "attachment cases" that can plug in for input and are usable by games. Just requires games themselves to start utilizing them, but I guess peripherals are also beyond the normalfag reach, so who knows if they'd ever take off.

No shit, still didn't beat the PS4 which sold 4.5 Mil in 2 months with all that growth.
The Switch has sold 5.5 Mil in 7 months for comparison.

normalfags, norm.ies, nⲟrmies, nor-mies, nоrmies, N0RMIES, nØrmies, nσrmies

I just hope it isn't worse to what we have now.
Its gotten slightly better than last gen, thats for sure.

As phones are now it won't take off
Only a fuckhuge marketing campaign with an actual good product that looks asthetically pleasing would centralize that and create such a trend.
But I think there are too many phone models and games with different controls for that and not too many suits willing to invest on a peripheral that would likely just be copied better by competition after all their marketing gave attention to such a thing.

I think demographics play a large part as the west has hit "peak children." Birth rates are under analysed and often over looked. The number of new children being born decreases every year. That less potential consumers of your product aimed primarily at children and teens.

Immigration doesnt really off set the decline as those families dont have 500$ to blow tech junk for kids went theres bills to be paid.

By the time they become young adults they either drop out of gaming, get their fix from mobile or upgrade to PC.

Look at the recent news about Toys R Us going bankrupt. Theres too much pressure on kids to grow up these days, ipads and snapchat replaced trainsets and footballs.

Either way I can see this only being good news for PC gaming, as devs will have to follow the money.

ur stupid

The PS2 was/is available in a wider market. Remember when articles would pop up about some third world country finally getting access to the system for the first time? I doubt the PS4 has made it to the same places yet.

It's a likely possibility.
Will we see another console "generation"?
Aren't there always, but they never get near as much publicity?
Trap or femanon? Post genitals or GTFO!
I think we're going to see a lot of companies getting really desperate over the next few years before they either crash, go bankrupt, or turn back to a certain degree. So, simply put, we haven't seen the worst of this yet.

I fucking hope so, but at the same time, I'm expecting most devs to just make their own brand of MOBA/Survival game shit and Phone/PC cross platform games, instead of actually making good PC focused games like the minority in that possible timeline will try to do, which an even smaller minority on the platform currently still does, thankfully.

I agree that you have to take population growth or lack of into account as well when looking at these sales numbers. It makes the current gen look even worse in comparison.

Consoles aren't targeting the features that would make them worthwhile that hard.

Consoles needed to stop trying to be PC lite at least one generation ago. Used to be if you wanted to play a PC game worth a crap, You needed all the latest parts, because limited shelf space was a thing, and only the biggest cutting edge games could get there.

Now we have internet distribution meaning you can get games as old as your pc besides the crappiest hand me downs that end up in the bargain bin or second hand shops. Also there's the indie scene that makes low spec requirements.

PC still has some hiccups with some games to some hardware, and other unpleasant surprises that crop up here and there, and that's where consoles could shine. You buy this thing, you buy the game, and it works.

Number one dumb thing is leaning on brand recognition too heavily so that your new system can be confused with the old one. Slapping a new number or letter on the name of your product confuses the know-nothing parents that most of us had as kids and continue to exist.

And arguably, it's probably time to lengthen console life cycles as we hit some serious diminishing returns on computer power.

ur stupid

Thanks for your input, now fuckoff

The PS4 is currently avaiable in every market the PS2 was and even more, which includes China nowadays after they lifted the console ban.
Stop pulling shit out of your ass, the PS4 is the normalfag third worlder console nowadays, its eve western focused and everything, being launched in Japan several months after its Western release.

Unfortunately
With all the money Sony has poured there and their other departments failing hard I think they'll go for another.
Nintendo as well since their solely a vidya company and thats their bread and butter no matter what, being pretty much stuck with it unless they go down, which right now seems unlikely unless the Switch annual sales will dry too quickly which likely won't happen because its a DS replacement at this point.
Don't know about Microsoft, I think they'll either try again after the Xbone fiasco or try to strike a deal with Valve/Steam to try to a get a grip on PC gaming.
Thats correct, but theres still not as much variety and high profile releases as I would like to, its getting there though, no doubt.
Nay, I'm simply the OP, such sexual acts are implicit in my title.
I still don't know how the faggots at Gearbox and Ubisoft are still alive.
Its nothing but flop after flop.
Its also happening with some of Bethesdas published games.

A shame Actishit and EA are still thriving.
At least we got Titanfall 2 out of those last kikes.

Why I completely stopped buying Home consoles after 7th Gen.
The moment I saw the install times, the power hogging OS, the online focus and then the kike tier monetization, I immediately ceased all interest on them.

how is this post even longer you need to chill out

He's angry, you did it now bub.

Who keeps buying that?

Does it even get any games anymore?

Hello Reddit

It's simple. Computing advances have plateaued.

Graphics are going nowhere. Consoles are hit especially hard by this, because their rate of evolution is handicapped by being tied to the jewish movie industry's crippled TV standards. Multiplatform games are designed around single-screen 1080p60. Display lag is everywhere and gameplay is dumbed down to compensate for it. Graphics drivers on PC are so shitty that nobody risks trying anything new any more, you can tell by glancing at many games whether they use UE4, Unity or whatever prefab shit is the flavor of the week.
Sound is in an even worse state, having been going backwards rapidly ever since Aureal went out of business and the jews at Creative picked the corpse clean, patented everything and left it to rot for 20 years. We could have had first-person games with acoustics so good that blind people could play them, among other things, but instead we live in the shittiest of all possible timelines.

Thanks for reminding me
Valve actually acquired, Impulsonic, some devs creating their own brand of 3D sound and released some early stuff, if they're going to anything with is beyond me, probably nothing will come from it though, Valve doesn't even make games anymore

my depression knows no bounds

I can't believe this is still being developed. I remember when I waited ages to finish downloading it on a 56k modem.

This should be punishable to forceful removal of genitalia

Is it time?

Fuck, didn't even notice that.
For anybody who doesn't know, VGCHARTZ basically make up a lot of their statics.

Take the official numbers, the difference is huge:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
The only estimated one is the Xbone, and we have a good reason to think it's not any better than that. The three consoles together hardly surpass the Wii.

They pull software numbers out of their ass but these are not.
They're on par and you can compare them with other sources.

This is a sad but necessary turn for the industry. As the graph implies, and personally I can atest the same from my general impression, the last 10 years have seen a change on the way companies try to market their products, and an attempt to snag a bigger slice of the market.
I blame the Wii. Even though I had it, and played it quite a bit, the amount of sales it made and the popularization of the Blue Ocean strategy, I believe companies made their prime objective to try and bring more and more people into this hobby.
Sadly, instead of expanding it's own market with product lines aimed at normalfags, the industry tried to repaint itself entirelly as normalfag-friendly. It did attract the attention of our now well known SJWs, for some time at least, and mostly in social media. Not so much as customers for said games. And to that I say FORTUNATELY
Anyway, I look forward for the next few years of gaming. In austrian economics we give crashes another name
Corrections

Good. Let's hope the whole market crashes afterwards.

bump

The switch sells with nogames. People are buying it for the fantasy and as gamer swag. That's not a healthy console market, it's a hint that the real market yet to be tapped is in selling a fantasy, like Star Citizen has done with its jpegs.

Consoles won't be going away for a while even if it is shrinking

>tfw 2big2fail

Faggot

Thanks

You don't truly understand suffering until you're given wings and can't use them.

I'm using an Aureal card right now. The 3D part has no drivers, it only functions as a fancy AC'97.

Why would a casual buy a shitstation when you can play or watch all the meme games on your cellphone?

Gamer cred and socialization
Yeah, that last one is too true unfortunately

They already did.
No
No
No
Check em

I honestly think SEGA would have a chance at the handheld market right now.

Yes, and in return, publishers will assume that what consoles need is more mobile shit mechanics. Push a button and get a fanfare because you're special! The industry will contract and settle eventually, but it's going to be an ugly process to get there. Seriously, make sure you support companies you like, or they might not exist in 10 years.

You're almost right. But video games haven't been marketed primarily at children for nearly a decade, not to say there aren't kid-friendly games still being made of course. Parents are giving ipads to their toddlers now. There will soon be a whole generation growing up that's never touched a proper video game, and have no inclination to try it. The new entertainment is social media. It's like reality TV that you star in. And eventually it will be the death of the human race when they start irrigating crops with Brawndo.

Makes sense since the last generation was more like a fluke than a representation of how the industry was going to be.The Wii and normalfag-aimed games like AssCreed brought a lot of new people (casuals) into vidya without a real passion for it so the interest died quickly and eventually migrated to phone games or even more casual trash on PC like mobas and the like.
It wouldn't be too crazy to think that the next gen is going to be better than the current one but i expect PC to become even more contaminated with normalfags seeing the succes of FOTM games like OW and PUBG.

I agree, the PlayStation 3 was out for like 8 years before PS4 appeared, and I feel like the PS3 is still a pretty decent system to play on. I was annoyed that I got my PS4 three months after launch and then they decided to make the PS4 Pro with stronger components. Fucking annoying, it just seems like such a Jewish thing to do. I hope we don't see PS5 until 2025 at the earliest. I don't feel like each new generation is a quantum leap in system capabilities anymore. NES -> SNES felt like a huge jump; the PS4 feels like a PS3 with nicer graphics and nothing else.

With how shit MvCI/Mass Effect Andromeda and Fallout 4 look you could have fooled me.

Bampu