Morrowind NG+

This isn't your regular Morrowind thread, this is an ADVANCED morrowind thread.
Having beaten it with the basic bug fix and graphical updates, what are some fun builds ??
What crazy build can you recommend / mods to go with it.
Are there any mods that fix enchanting make it even more broken by increasing the number of enchants on weapons? What enchants did you find useful?
Having a basic grasp on how things work, what can I play with to shift the balance one way or another to get more playtime out of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44731/?
anonfile.com/7eu044cdb4/Fargoths_House_of_Earthly_Delights.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=nmcCd1eCJq4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's going on with the map in that screenshot? Why is there a big and small version of Solstheim?

It isn't usually like that? Must be something in the mod options I ticked and forgot

My absolute favorite build that everyone else seems to hate playing:
Stealth specialization.
Major attributes: personality and luck.
Make sure speechcraft, mercantile and sneak are in your major skills.
You will need to get an item with chameleon as soon as possible as well as train up sneak as quickly as possible. The master is in Caldera, really easy to get to.

This is the non-combat character. Early game will be spent sneaking into dwemer ruins, snatching artifacts, and running. Those robots have poor eyesight, perfect for a career looter. All wilderness monsters you will basically be sneaking around. You will only join the factions that are mostly non-combat quests, like Hlaalu and Thieves. You will get rich looting ruins and robbing homes and spend your money on all manner of crazy enchanted items. Custom enchantments are great. You will buy spells you can never cast just to use them to make these custom enchantments. Mid-to-late game you will be the untouchable super jew who blasts all his enemies away with ridiculous spells and buffs despite the fact that he has no skill in magic or enchanting. You will jew your way to the top of House Hlaalu and fill your stronghold with all your piles of gold.

Conjuration mage that only uses staffs and spells in combat (no destruction magic allowed).

Its a mod that adds in the Solstheim from Skyrim

Well I wanted to roleplay a stinky swamp man who was stripped of his land after his son was caught selling moon sugar and dishonoring the family i know very very little about TES lore

Should have been an Argonian, then.

But it makes no sense to lose land over being a junkie lizard if you come from a country filled with them

Could have been living in Southern Cyrodil. Argonians are the only stinky swamp men in the lore UNLESS you want to play a Redguard silt farmer from Tigonus or a Dunmer guar herder from Tear. But, even then, you'd be a person who lived in a marshy area, not a stinky swamp person.

Half the Imperials, Nibenese are swamp crackers.

But why?

I'd probably play Oblivion if I wanted to do stealth gameplay since you can do it without magic, even if magic is really helpful, and, honestly, I like creeping through the dark dungeons in that game since you have reasonable movement speed.

I've fucked around with Morrowind a bit over the years, but I only recently started a serious playthrough. Leveling is taking a long time for me (I'm still only at level 6), but my Redguard warrior is doing pretty well. Just got the Lord's Mail, and soon I'll have Goldbrand.
I've done most of the quests in Balmora, Caldera, Ebonheart, and the podunk fishing villages on the west coast.
My current save is right outside the foreign quarter of Vivec. I'm ready for the big city, baby.

And you're only level 6? link your specs

Can't right now, since I'm shitposting from work. I will when I get home, though.
I should mention that I haven't done a lot of dungeon-delving, I've been mostly focused on the settlements, and that I'm leveling the way the developers intended instead of min-maxing by spamming my non-major skills. That might be part of why I'm leveling slowly.
I favored Endurance and took The Lady as my sign, so even though I'm low-level, my health is (I think) 91, and my encumbrance is over 300.

the only problem is that you can extremely rarely level up more than 3 stats, and then, rarely do you get more than 3 points.

I know, that's part of why I dumped everything into endurance at character creation (and so I can get the compounding health increases of an early high-endurance build). Once I've maxed out endurance, I'm going to focus exclusively on strength (which is already in the 60s) and agility. I might also dump a few points into speed just to get it up to 50.

Gee Bill, how come your mom let's you have TWO Solstheims?

Tamriel Rebuilt Screenshots.

Is it any good?

Max agility before strength, so you can hit more often.

It's great, but not finished yet. Perfection takes time.

Will do. My agility is still in the 40s, so it has a long way to go.

That would be true is Oblivion was good for more than one playthrough. But, holy shit, it is so on rails.

jesus christ that draw distance

Yeah, if you like silky smooth 2.5 fps

That's cool. Would never have imagined Almas Thirr looks like that from bird's-eye view.

For screenshots and enjoying the scenery with athletics pumped over a thousand points - MGE with 100 cells.
For actual gameplay? 10.

My most memorable recent playthrough was with mge and mgso and it was great until something happened that brought the game down to a consistent 15 fps. I had so many hours in it. Dagoth Ur was dead and I was on my way to killing Almalexia before it suddenly shit itself and I could never play with mgso again.

Do you think the threadripper could render all 100 cells without it shitting the bed?

No, because Morrowind uses only 1 (ONE) thread because it's an old game.

Im retarded with computers, does openMW "fix" this?

Kind of, but not fully yet.

More Thirr Valley.

I'm home now. Here's my current character.

Name: Azad
Race: Redguard
Sex: Male
Birthsign: The Lady
Specialization: Combat
Favored attributes: Endurance, Luck

Level: 6
Health: 110
Magicka: 30
Fatigue: 246
Encumbrance: 345

Attributes
Endurance: 97
Strength: 69
Agility: 50
Speed: 43
Personality: 55
Intelligence: 30
Willpower: 30
Luck: 50

Major skills
Heavy armor: 49
Armorer: 38
Long blade: 72
Block: 42
Destruction: 32

Minor skills
Marksman: 16
Speechcraft: 23
Mercantile: 16
Security: 23
Restoration: 15

Miscellaneous skills
Medium armor: 15
Spear: 12
Acrobatics: 10
Axe: 16
Blunt weapon: 16
Light armor: 6
Sneak: 8
Athletics: 30
Hand-to-hand: 6
Short blade: 12
Unarmored: 8
Illusion: 5
Alchemy: 7
Conjuration: 7
Enchant: 5
Alteration: 5
Mysticism: 5

Should have swapped security with something like athletics (becomes useless once you get a 100 open ring)

It also becomes useless when you get the grandmaster's lockpick. But both are late-game items so what's your point?

Nigga just shank a golden saint or winged twilight and sell your kidney (i think it's around 40-80k to enchant)

But that's boring.

Without mods, that's 4-8 good soulgems, 4-8 golden saints, and 4-8 trips to the mudcrab or Mournhold. Add a handful of dwemer coins to that to pay for the spell and all the travelling you'll be doing. This is the thing I'd rather prefer to happen over time, organically, while adventuring. Besides, a few elkash's locksplitter scrolls on hand, plus a decent security or alteration skill is sufficient without the grinding.

get a load of this pleb

I'll eventually be doing this playthrough.

Maybe with this mod
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44731/?

I've been meaning to do a tribunal monk dunmer at some point

This thread has given me an idea.
Greetings Holla Forums, I am Nature Bosmer and I despise civilization. Here is how I will play.
I WILL NOT use or wear any man made things with the exception of keys, lockpicks and probes. That is the only handicap I am giving myself. This means no weapons, armor, potions, scrolls, anything man made.
I WILL NOT utilize any of civilization's services. No training, spell purchasing, travel.
I WILL use Dwemer and Daedric items that I find. The former being in ruins and therefore reclaimed by nature and the latter being not of this world.
I WILL rob people blind, sell the items, and then dump all the gold I make to the bottom of the sea, thereby destroying the economy of Morrowind. The shopkeepers will all be encumbered with all these items, but nobody will have any money to buy them. Mwahahahahahaha!

I am using NOM to add a little challenge, so I bought a bedroll and campfire in the beginning just to enable sleeping and cooking.

You arent going to use magic either or did you just think it wouldnt fit your character?

Oh fuck missed the spell purchasing part

At least allow yourself a basic mortar and pestle to make potions from nature's bounty.

A B S O L U T E M A D M A N

Looks like I can't take any quests because this is the only thing that anybody says to me. They will pay for their narrow-mindedness. Also, in third pic, see what civilization has done to my Bosmer brethren? Conditioning them to compete with mages and other cretins that pervert the order of nature.
Also, NOM has been bugging out on me so I'll have to disable it for now, unfortunately.

I originally planned to use magic, but I can't without buying spells. This is why I gave myself the handicap of lockpicks and dwemer items. So down the line I at least have a chance of finding something enchated with something useful.

I may eventually but, right now, no.

Cover yourself! Are you mad? Have you no decency?

Cover yourself! Are you mad? Have you no decency?
I guess you could have used the basic spells you start with if you got the skills, there are also some spells you can learn on your own like summon dwemer animunculi right? Probably wouldnt be worth it though

I've been playing again recently as a Nord battlemage trying to work my way up to full resistance to elements, magicka, normal weapons and a 100 point shield. Since enchanting is a bit neutered in unmodded Morrowind I have four Golden Saint souls and a bunch of insanely high fortify Intelligence potions, but only a handful of items have good enchant levels, and even then the best you can manage is like 5 points of resistance for a constant effect I've had to opt for just seeking out useful artefacts.
So far I've got the natural 100% Immunity to Frost from being a Nord, 75% Resist Fire from the Ebony Mail, 70% Resist Shock from natural immunity and Phynaster's Ring, 40% Resist Magicka from the Ebony Mail and Phynaster's Ring, 20% Resist Poison from Phynaster's Ring and 25% Resist Normal Weapons from the Necromancer's Amulet. And also a 50% Shield from the Lord's Mail.
I need to pick up Denstagmer's Ring and then I'm going to go through Tribunal to try and get the Royal Signet Ring. Although I'll probably just die trying since it makes Helseth almost impossible to kill. Does anyone have good ideas for how to take him on? I was thinking I would just make a 100% weakness to Magicka for 2 second and Paralysis for 20-30 seconds Spell, then beat him to death with a Drain Health Daedric Warhammer to offset the healing.
Also enjoy some pics of this comfy spot northwest of Khuul.

You could get the Hair Shirt of Saint Aralor, only made from natural elven locks. And as long as you have at least a shirt on people will talk to you.

Also cuirass of the savior's hide but I think that falls under daedric items

This is all down the line. I'm kind of disappointed NOM isn't working. It's going to be pretty easy now, without needing to sleep. I can just run around non stop collecting stuff.

Less Generic NPCs is a really cool mod

Just install it properly you double nigger.

I did. It was working for a year. I don't know why it's acting up.

Ironically for me I get lower frame rate in pic1 then I do with pic2

That's because of LOD

Old Ebonheart is the real killer.

It's also the center of autism. Old Ebonheart was supposed to be a dunmeri style city, but if it is so, why is the new Ebonheart on Vvardenfell in Imperial style? It just doesn't make sense, so TR autists made up lore that after the armistice, Imperials burned it to the ground and built their own center instead.

I've only explored the Foreign Quarter (and I still haven't been to the canalworks or underworks), but so far Vivec is a letdown. It's much, much smaller than it appears from the outside.

Have you been to the plaza at the top?

Yes. Two smiths, the Mages Guild (which isn't useful to me), and a shady Fighters Guild hall whose jobs I don't want to take. I need to go to Ald'ruhn so I can talk to Percius Mercius.

Now consider that Vivec also contains Redoran, Hlaalu and Telvanni cantons. There's also the Arena canton. And St. Olms and St. Delyn cantons. Then there's the Temple canton and the Ministry of Truth. Lastly, there's the Vivec palace.

I think that makes it a big place.

Like I said, I've only been to the Foreign Quarter, and I know about the other cantons. Maybe it feels bigger in totality. I just expected there to be more more right off the bat.

Maybe you'd like Almalexia more if it were finished

Is TR compatible with OpenMW?

How's the current draw distance in OpenMW?

Yes.

Better than the original engine, but not by much since not much work has been done on it yet.

Vivec will seem smaller than it looks because close to 50% of each canton is the canalworks. Then there is the fact that the waistworks are mostly open space on the inside with few shops and even fewer houses. The bulk of Vivec is places you may only need to stop at once during your playthrough (if at all). Most of the time, I feel like Vivec is just the Foreign Quarter and the Temple District and a whole lot of walking in between.

What do you guys think of solstheim addon for skyrim? I think it gives pretty neat morrowind vibes, just started playing it.

I still have skyrim on my computer because I wanted to see the morrowind DLC part but I just cant be arsed to actually continue playing after the first tomb.

THIS GAME WAS ALWAYS SHIT

FUCKING BETHDRONES

it has a different aesthetic, which grounds and greys the original morrowind feel.
what really kills it for me though is the "new canon" events of red mountain erupting and erasing almost the whole world of the best TES game. that alone is some criminal shit.

I agree, Skyrim was by far the peak of the series.

Every aspect of it is better than the base game, which really isn't saying all that much. Miraak is pretty interesting as are the Black Books or whatever of Hermaus Mora. For me it was worth playing through once just to see all the fan service what with the bonemold armors and the Telvanni master(forget which one) but I didn't feel too much nostalgia for Solstheim since Bloodmoon was my least favorite Morrowind expansion.

If I remember correctly most Telvanni areas in Vvardenfell were spared due to them being on smaller islands off the coast and I believe also a few Redoran settlements, but it's been a while since I read about the Red Year so this could all be bullshit.

So I guess it was the satchel that was bugging out, not the whole mod. And Nature Bosmer is back in business! Came across this shipwreck and found within a nice stack of guar meat that will keep me fed for a long time. They threw me in the Imperial City prison for being great at survival and showing my penis to children. Did they really think that sentence would deter me from this lifestyle? Ha! When I teach more people the folly of city living, their empire will fall apart.

Claim some small island by Vvardenfell for yourself.

OpenMW could in theory do much more with graphics, but the framerate goes to shit if more cells are loaded because of all the AI and game scripts running in them. That's all heavily single-threaded and fragile because Bethesda can't engineer for shit.

They'll fix it eventually in OpenMW. They've just added the barebones feature.

Is OpenMW missing anything from the base Morrowind or do the 2 at least have feature parity?

Not really, you could play through the whole game in OpenMW and not notice a difference from vanilla

No, no, no. The peak of the series was obviously Redguard.

Arena was good for what it was but Daggerfall improved upon it in every way.

Do you mean underworks? I just entered the Foreign Quarter's canalworks for the first time, and it seems tiny. I went into the underworks for a couple minutes, but I did it from the underwater grate and couldn't find a way out of the water and onto the walkways, so I left again. I see that there's a way from the canalworks into the underworks; hopefully I can reach the walkways that way.
Yeah, I think that's what threw me off. If you're going to build these huge, expensive buildings in the water, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have so much unused space inside.

The setting and quest structure is better in every way. The Morrowind-style half of the island really nails the atmosphere. And Apocrypha looks cool as fuck, with the books-as-architecture style and the weird, alien moving terrain. Unfortunately, you still have to play Skyrim to experience all that, so it's still not good.

10/10

I'm talking about underworks + canalworks, sorry. Always viewed them as a unit. But if you look at the cantons from the outside you can even see how much space those water grates take up on the structure. That's all sewers. The good news is that the underworks are attached to so few quests that it's more or less a free place to explore and there are a few cool secrets/ items down there.

There are slopes to the sides near every bridge

Good, because I'm about to go back down there.

If you say so. I'll keep an eye out.

like a daedric shrine if I remember right

shhhh
I want him to be surprised when that orc ruins his shit

You know how sometimes a hostile NPC doesnt aggro and you can still talk to them? That was one of them for me except he didnt aggro for at least 10 seconds, that shit really startled me.

Challenge accepted. Will report back soon.

rip user

Even with all his shirts and shoes, this decadent Cyrodil could not make it out in the wilderness. I take his gold before anyone else can find it and use it to buy things. Next, I return to Seyda Neen and break into their warehouse. Before they ever realize that their precious shipping log is missing, I am long gone and sleeping beneath the stars. And this is but the beginning of the havok I shall wreak across Morrowind.

Not very in tune with nature huh

It's so helpful it breaks the game entirely.

Even if he wasn't beaten to death, he would never survive in nature. Look at his fancy haircut.

Sorry, was interrupted by a long, long call from my mom.
Just killed them. It was longer than most of the fights I've had, but still ezpz. Even at level 7, my Redguard warrior fucked them up. Adrenaline Rush kicks ass.

Also, there wasn't even any good loot in that shrine.

Go back and give the place another looksie and im not talking about loot

OH FUCK YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THIS HAMMER-WIELDING MOTHERFUCKER

You crafty bastard. I've got another task for you. Go to Hla Oad and just start swimming west out to sea. Don't stop.

Actually I wasnt

Oh, I guess it was actually a claymore-wielding dremora. Whatever. Fuck that guy. He's still dead, though.

I already did. :^)

You weren't talking about the dremora who shows up when I pick up the diamond?

Ok here's something. Find the book Chances Folly, read it, see if you can find the shrine mentioned in the book.

Alright. That rare bookstore is pretty close by, I'll see if it's there.

Nope, you were very close though.

Ah, yes. What about Oblivion PSP?

There's nothing else here. Some cheap jewels and scrolls. Are you sure this is the place you're thinking of? It's called Ibishammus.

You´re right, I am confusing it. Fuck, at least you now know about cursed items summoning a dremora

I already found some cursed chest that summoned a ghost when I opened it. v spoopy

Jobasha doesn't have Chance's Folly, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

That's surprising. He has most books. There are a few places where it can be found lying around. One place is in Vivec. And it's a tomb that's mentioned, not a shrine.

Well I've explored the entire Foreign Quarter now, and that shrine was the only real fight. There was a tomb in the canalworks, but it was small and easy.

When I'm talking about the canalworks/underworks being good places to explore. I'm talking all of them.

I believe you. I'm just saying I've only been to the Foreign Quarter so far.
I guess it's off to Redoran canton now. Which is fine, since that's the house I've decided to join. After I rob them blind with the tip-off that Ahnassi gave me.

I'm a fighter class, though.

Still better than Hlaalu I guess.

They're basically the same with some small differences.

I was going to join Hlaalu because they seem easy and rich, but I just don't respect them.
I'm going with Redoran, the Fighters Guild, and both the Temple and the Imperial Cult. And the Twin Lamps, if I ever find out where the fuck they are.

There's nothing wrong with symmetry in design.

Crassius best grandmaster.

I feel like everyone is accusing me of stealing my nice armor, which is absolutely true.

Well at least I know where everything is, I guess.

Just come back later for the sewers of vivec, too much repetitive maps will just wear you out.

Hahaha, so much for joining Redoran I guess. ;_;

there's only one place where you can join Redoran

I don't know where that is, but I haven't been there yet.

You can get there via silt strider.

Is it Ald'ruhn? The topics list in the journal has a quote saying that Redoran's "seat of power" is there.
I plan on going up to Ald'ruhn and Gnisis once I'm done in Vivec. Then I'm going to loop northeast through Sheogorad and come back down the east coast. That's the plan for now, anyway.

Redoran is best House in lore, but is not very interesting when it comes to quests in Morrowind. Even the Legion has more going on.

I love Necrom.

What's with the emo ordinator?

It's the 4k Bendan Fraser reskin

They're in a perpetual state of mourning. Necrom is basically a city that purely exists to house the dead, after all.

Yeah, they're literally called "Ordinator in Mourning"

So they're Semitic?

Sounds like a gay place to live.

Anyone have any good spear builds? Nobody ever seems to do those. I tend to either play a FUCKING INVINCIBLE battlemage who uses sword and board or run around with my cloaking spells and rob and shank people with impunity.

It's pretty empty by design. Half of the city is a very big Temple complex. The rest is a bunch of often empty houses. Then there's just as big part of the city underground; a maze of tombs and caves.

So that's why everyone is saying I should join Telvanni.

Shame that the game runs like complete ass when you turn up the draw distance this high, looks great.

It's always ran fine for me with MGE set to high draw distance.

Define fine

I don't remember but probably 60 FPS.

Spear build? My last spear build was an argonian with medium armor and restoration magic.

I'm not actually doing a playthrough, making these pics. I'm bearing through low framerate just to enjoy and memorize the landscape.

Have you replaced every texture that exists with mods? I also added some 2k flowers textures. Then I killed Morrowind's game engine lightning with mods to replace it with advanced MGE XE lightning system.
These things tend to ruin performance.

In my context with 16 cells distance with which I'm making these screenshots means 60 fps when looking half to the ground in rare occasions. But it tends to fluctuate between 20 and 40.

Nah, I play with vanilla textures. Not a big fan of mods besides the bugfixes.

Excuse you n'wah.

You don't need this high of a draw distance for anything other than pictures anyway. My laptop can handle 7 cells with OpenMW just fine, and it looks good. The only issue is shit popping in.

You might have a hard time rising through the ranks for all of those, you need to have certain skill and attribute levels to advance higher. Do you have any skill with Blunt Weapon or Restoration? If you don't, I'd suggest just sticking with Redoran and Fighter's Guild, and maybe try out the Legion if you want to do a bunch of shit in one go.

Oh fug, I forgot about the Legion. Yeah, I'll join them too, once I get up to Gnisis. I don't have Blunt weapon, but I have Restoration as a (currently shitty) minor skill.
I just remembered that I can't advance in the Imperial Cult anymore. I want to at least get high enough in the Temple that I don't have to pay to use their shrines anymore–that's what I did with the Imperial Cult.
But yeah, I'm probably going to have to ignore the Temple after that. Thanks for the tip.

I like to thinker with mods every few years to see if modders made any significant progress in making the game look stunning. Between 2014 and today… not so much. The only notable improvement are faces. Everything else stayed around the same level of resolution, maybe a bit more crisp. No new meshes are any better than the old. In fact, a few of the newer mods, especially for Hlaalu and npc bodies are worse than what I remember having before so I had to seek them out.

The trick is called
player->setathletics 400 player->setspeed 1000
and you're ready to spend 10 hours cruising thru the mainland, Skyrim, Cyrodiil and Lyithdonea, taking pictures.

Might want to join the Mage's Guild too, just to use their travel service.

I think this is all for the mainland.

Anyone can use the Guild Guides, not just Mages Guild people.

I was just pointing out to the other user that there's a difference between fine for taking pictures and fine for actually playing.

I'm bored at work, I think I'll make some OC in mspaint. Anyone got some other ideas?

My OC.

I wish more people played morrowind online

I wish it had custom spells and potions already

Also my OC.

I'm doing the camonna tong quest where you have to steal some slaves from the telvanni canton and I managed to get all the slaves to the suran slave market, but the slaver won't acknowledge that all 5 slaves are there. I'm sure I have to use a console command to fix this but I'm not sure which one.

It could be because I installed fliggerty's slave mod, but I have it deactivated in the openmw launcher.

Dunno about the mod you're using but you can use the uesp wiki to find the quest you're on and the codes you need to advance the quest

You can't join the Camonna Tong in vanilla; it's a mod. There is only one on the Nexus so I assumed I didn't have to specify which one.

Yeah it didn't sound familiar. You can always open it up in the CS and check the quest stages

I know C++, but don't know anything about making an engine

Tough luck, OpenMW :^)

If TOR-posters had reading comprehension, they wouldn't still be on TOR.

You know you can download alternate start mod and select starting location - arriving on a boat to solstheim, right? There also mods that expand it and add new locations, like "Guars - Dunmer Culture", "Mudcrab merchant", "House Dres", "Corpusarium" and few others.

So, how about Skyrim: Home of the Nords? Did you like it, Holla Forums

For some people, TOR is a necessity for posting here, not a choice.

So, how about Nature Bosmer? Does the townsfolk still cower in fear of your might elf balls?

I have yet to try it out, I'm gonna level up a bit on the character I'm currently playing before I explore it. I checked out the Stirk part of Project Cyrodiil on my last playthrough though and it was really good for just being a small island. I liked the Ayylmao ruins even though some people might be turned off by the fact that they look very similar to the ones in Oblivion

What else would they look like? It's not like we have other material to go off of.

OK, how about this spear build?

Race Bosmer
Starsign The Lover
Specialization Magic or Stealth
Favored Attributes Agility, Intelligence
Major Skills Spear, Light Armor, Marksman, Enchant, Alchemy
Minor Skills Sneak, Illusion, Alteration, Restoration, Destruction

This build gives you more options than just poking everything with a big, pointy stick. It relies on enhancing your spearmanship through other methods than just buffing your Strength. Instead of being a conventional spear build, it's more or less a spear-wielding assassin. I thought about a couple other versions of it, but ultimately I based the choice of abilities and attributes on the starsigns. Agility, Endurance, Personality and Speed are the only attributes that get directly buffed by starsigns, and Personality and Speed aren't important to the skills you're going to find yourself using the most as a spearman, meaning Endurance and Agility are the best choices for this build. Agility in particular synergizes very well because it governs Light Armor, Marksman and Sneak. Combined with a Bosmer's stats and a starsign bonus, you'll be able to tear enemies apart at range as well as in melee and be very well-protected right off the bat. Enchant and Alchemy let you make super OP equipment and potions so you can stab stuff up like a boss. Alteration is there for those pesky locks and if you want to jump high like a Final Fantasy Dragoon (and levitate/slowfall back down to solve the problem of how to avoid shattering every bone in your body in the process), and Restoration and Destruction are mostly there so you can have healing and a backup ranged attack in case you run out of projectiles, but for the most part you won't be relying on them. Really, you could put just about any skills in those two slots and make it work. It's true that Spear is governed by Endurance, but Sneak gives you that 4x critical bonus, which is a killer with spears because of their high damage. You could do a variation specializing in Combat with a different race and the Lady starsign using Endurance as a favored attribute instead of Agility and going with Medium/Heavy Armor, and you'll get more health and more spear damage with regular attacks that way. That would be much closer to what you'd generally expect out of a spear build, but then you won't have Marksman skills and you'll be much slower. Of course in the end, Morrowind is a very breakable game and you can eventually get every stat and skill to 100, so just about any half-competent build will get you through it.

whatever

Formatting looks fine, probably could have split the text into two paragraphs though.

Have they finished all the exteriors for the reach yet?

They've released 2/3rds of the Reach.

I'd like what's already being made to be finished in ten years.

Already? Aren't they still making the mainland parts of Tammriel? Also, why use HIGH-REZ textures in morrowind? kinda makes everything look bland.

Different teams making different provinces

I have some heinous plans, just haven't had a chance to play yet today.

Different teams. The TR people are working on mainland Morrowind, while a different group works on Skyrim, and even another group works on Cyrodil.

There are teams for Morrowind mainland, Skyrim and Cyrodiil. They're all doing top quality work but it's barely started.

It's a good time to be a Morrowind fan.

Technically there are also outlines for High Rock, Argonia and Elsweyr projects. But they didn't get off from the ground. Maybe one day.

It'll be an even better time in about another century when the entirety of Project Tamriel is complete. Unfortunately the only way for us lowly mortals to see it would be to achieve CHIM in real life.

In all seriousness if TR, SHotN and PC actually end up finished in my lifetime that's more than enough content for one game. Plus I don't think anybody could do Elsweyr or Black Marsh justice. Morrowind is weird but it's not NEARLY the weirdest province, and seeing as how Morrowind(the game) was basically a fluke I doubt that either Bethesda or any modder, no matter how talented, could fully realize a swampy forest that moves or palaces that look like they're made of insect wings.

I agree about Black Marsh. Rest of the Tamriel, I would want to play. I really hope Cyrodiil ends up having ten religious factions to join, from Vigil of Stendarr to Moth Priests. I also want to become the Emperor after assassinating Uriel VII and learning level 100 illusion spells to replace him. Province Cyrodiil, you better not fail me.

Maybe if we can take over a Nibenese daedric cult.

Posting Lyithdonea now. Has anyone played it already? I haven't gotten the time to go thru its content yet. Is it lore friendly?

Nature Bosmer is back. And is this another town I spy over the horizon? And behold in 2nd pic this hideous monument to the Imperial's contempt for nature. Like a ghost, I creep through the winding halls of this fort. They do not see me unlock all their chests with my pick.
is what their captain will say. And he will punish them. And oh how they will panic when they cannot find their prisoner log. How will they log prisoners?

And finally, the worst crime against Nature of all: a Bosmer, clothed and behind bars! But I will need to leave and find better lockpicks. So long for now, Pelagiad.

Someone needs to put you down, you menace.

I like your style, Nature Bosmer.

Too bad stealth isn't really fun in Morrowind.

As far as I know, P:C's mainquest will be very different from Oblivion's, so far the plan is not to kill off Uriel and the player will probably be working for him.

Yeah, but with these mods making the game so much wider, it should be possible to become the top dog in basically any organization. Everything that was based on Vvardenfell in Morrowind allowed you to become the top dog.

What would be really cool would be if Project Cyrodiil's main quest dealt in the sorts of high-level Imperial shenanigans that Morrowind started hinting at and then Oblivion just swept under the rug.

Yeah, I think in P:C and mostly in SHotN the focus is on politics and high-level conspiracies. I could be wrong, though. I only remember that the devs were discussing that too much clashing with gods and ancient evil shit would really be just too much, especially considering the amount of provinces to be worked on in the future.

I recently started replaying morrowind, as a kid i was too adhd to appreciate it but now i can finally enjoy it.
Any recommended mods? I'm not a newbie to modding and i don't care for graphics nor massive 'overhauls'.

Also, here is a gift for you anons
anonfile.com/7eu044cdb4/Fargoths_House_of_Earthly_Delights.zip

If you want it as vanilla as possible, pretty much the only thing you need is Solstheim rumor fix and delayed DB attack. Otherwise I don't really know, I don't really check on other mods that aren't Tamriel Rebuilt, Project Cyrodiil or Skyrim Home of the Nords. You can check them out but it'll be a while until they are finished, if at all.

not anymore they're not, jungle rome with oriental influences got replaced by generic hills and forest

Not in Morrowind lore, they aren't.

Unofficial patches, MCP, MGE

You don't even need those two, you can just disable the expansions and play with Morrowind.esm since they aren't very good.

Get madd leveler to fix the retarded and counter-intuitive vanilla leveling system.

I'm still waiting for a mod for openMW that allows you to assign certain music tracks for certain cell types. Having tracks like embed related popping up randomly in Balmora isn't quite fitting, and link related would only fit for Telvanni cities and towers.
youtube.com/watch?v=nmcCd1eCJq4

Nature Bosmer!
Some people look at a naked Bosmer but see an errand boy. Be your courier for the sake of love? How do you like your glove at the bottom of the lake? Bitch.
The next person I come across wants me to lead her to some shrine. She will be my first pupil. By the time she realizes I have been leading her around aimlessly, she will have already seen the peace that the natural life bring. Then she will shed her clothing and join me. For her first lesson, I have an especially entertaining prank lined up. First I cast beast tongue on this cliff racer here. Next, we visit the next town and let it loose in the Mages Guild. Now to just wait for the spell to wear off…

Vanilla is fine. Just get the Solstheim rumor fix, or travel to Fort Frostmoth as soon as possible to stop every rumor from being overwritten with the Solstheim one.
You don't even really need the Delay Dark Brotherhood mod, even though people will usually recommend it.
Also, absolutely do not do this:
You should go as vanilla as reasonably possible on your first run.

The qt Breton girl is not for bullying.

A B S O L U T E M A D M A N

Actually, I think bullying is the only way to her heart

She sounds like a coalburner.

Pretty much. Only worse. She is a douchefucker. A woman who only likes douche bags.

I don't think fugging a Dunmer counts as coalburning.

If you're a human, of course it does.

But in TES, the baby just inherits the mother's race.

I don't see how that's relevant.

There's no downside, because race-mixing is impossible.

Is this really established in the lore somewhere? I always just assumed most of the races in TES can't interbreed at all.

Yeah. There's an in-game book on interbreeding. I can't remember what it's called.

Notes on Racial Phylogeny in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Though it is in question due to the Breton problem meaning something is transmitted thru the generations, but latent. Or Bretons were never humans at all.

If centuries of elf-on-human rape only resulted in some latent magical tendencies in an otherwise completely-human population, I'd say that's a pretty good argument that the effect of interbreeding is negligible at best.

This next episode of Nature Bosmer brings tragedy and disappointment. My cliff racer prank has fizzled out. It is content to sit there in that spot, blocking the door. The mages seem to like it. Then, I break my only lockpick trying to open chests at the Fighters Guild next door. I realize I will be rather gimped without a way to open locks, so I'll need to prioritize looting for more. First, though, I decide to cause some mischief over at the Hlaalu Hall. See these books in 2nd pic? I will switch their order around, causing confusion and disarray. But I am caught in the act and they attack me! To kill a man over a book! This is what they call civilization? Nevrasa sacrifices herself so that I may make my escape. They shank her as we are slipping out the door. I shall always remember her heroism. She is one with Nature now.

You're a menace to civilization, Nature Bosmer.

Let him, he set her free and gave her back her dignity after death.

N'wah

Well, I finally got into the lower Redoran vault. Holy shit. Ebony tower shield, ebony cuirass, ebony greaves. Top-tier, lads. So much so that I taunted the treasurer into fighting me, then killed him and took his key to the upper vault. Not as good, but I did get an ebony longsword out of it.
But ebony is so heavy that I can barely carry it all. I need to level up soon so I can increase my strength.

Sell the loot you got from the vault. You probably have enough gold to enchant something with a really long-lasting feather spell.