archive.is/wlqfV
cbsnews.com/news/explainer-why-is-deflation-so-harmful/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ethereum is the future, goy :^)

Better than the 1080

cryptodubs*

Sounds like a fantasy.

Got that shit right.

Seems like you do not understand how currencies do work, at all.

One is controlled by Jews and one is controlled by autism

What's the difference?

Former miner here, I used to mine Litecoin (and others based on it) back in 2013/2014. The same thing that happened this year also happened back then, but things stabilized after a few months because of two things: 1) The price of Bitcoin dramatically dropped for a while (which dragged everything else down with it), and 2) Dedicated ASICs for Litecoin arrived on the market, thus making GPU mining obsolete.

I'm sad to say that it looks like there may not be another stabilization period this time around though (I really wanted VEGA for gaming), because both of the scenarios that smoothed it out before are looking like they won't happen again. Bitcoin is at crazy record high value right now, it's swinging about $500 or so at the moment due to the Chinese government telling a bunch of "unlicensed" exchanges to shut down, but overall it is still monstrously valuable. Ethereum is different than most of the cryptocurrencies that came before it, in that it was specifically designed to be ASIC resistant so GPU mining would be the primary method of obtaining it indefinitely. Other cryptos have attempted this same thing in the past, but they either didn't succeed in their goal or didn't gain enough popularity to cause another GPU mining craze.

So, assuming the status quo remains, what else would need to happen to stabilize the market again? The answer is that AMD (and even Nvidia) would need to make a lineup of dedicated crypto mining GPUs that are so powerful (read: performance per watt) that miners wouldn't even consider wasting their money on "lower end" GPUs that are meant for gaming. I have seen talk floating around that this might be in the works, but it's a risky move because if for some reason GPU mining loses its profitability again, then AMD or Nvidia would just end up wasting a lot of money and resources on research, development, and production of such products. That's why it didn't happen the first time around.

One is the Imperium, the other is Chaos. Choose wisely.

autists make complex schemes for something that werks just for sake of proving their autistic points
jews make complex schemes to suck all the money out of you, not because they need mo money but because they hate you

Gee, look at all those military superpowers beating US Dollar!
archive.is/kPqnL

It's a stable decline.

As long as the Petrodollar exists then the US dollar is implicitly the most valuable currency.

People like you kill astronauts.

Dubs

If you're into cryptos my guess is that you don't trust the current financial system and/or believe the dollar is close to it's collapse.
If that happened, then that move on AMD and Nvidia parts would be mad profitable for them.

What the hell does that image has to do with backing of fiat currency? More valuable means it's less inflated, not that it has a stronger military behind it. Apples and Oranges.

Oh fuck, I remember that joke

wew

Nope. It's the current means of exchange. Not the most valuable, just the one implicitly agreed on to be the "worlds currency". And quantitative easing has been destroying that credibility since 2008.

What drew me into crypto (other than the chance to make a profit) was the technology behind it and the cool things that have been built off of it. I certainly don't trust our financial system and in fact I thought as soon as Obama was out of office the plug was going to get pulled and everything was going to be allowed to come crashing down on Trump's head. Instead the stock market skyrocketed, and took Bitcoin with it. Food for thought.

The bubble just changed hands. The plans to keep or burst it are the same that would have been had Hillary won. But I agree that letting it burst in Trumps hand is a big cover for whoever cheers for the current financial system. He's a pretty good scapegoat.

Well gold may be technically more valuable than silver but if you can only buy food from stores with silver then from a practical standpoint silver is more valuable to you. Oil is the food of countries.

You know, I think it was like 5 years ago I said literally anyone using bitcoin or retarded shit like that should be shot.
I was right

It's still not more valuable, in your scenario silver just has a use that gold doesnt. It's like saying that a car isn't more valuable than a hamburger because you can't eat it. If gold is more valuable than silver and you're in a town that only accepts silver for currency, then you go to an exchange. I reallyy don't see the swiss sweating over the petrodollar. If they need to buy something in dollars, they just exchange their increasingly more valuable currency for worthless dollars and buy whatever.

Implication that military power backs your currency worked so well for military powerhouses like Russia that their currency is worthless now, you double nigger
And guess what, same will happen to US Dollar after all the biggest asian countries form a new, gold backed currency:
archive.is/QM3B9
archive.is/BoWGt
Now explain me how do you think your "military might" is gonna prevent this from happening

sauce?

Hot Sanction Actions Mag: Western Love for Step-Mother Russia, issue March 2014 :^)

Which monopoly money currency exactly?

Guess they are since those are the prices that people buy them at, right now.
Why don't you go and sell some monopoly money for real american freedom currency money?

Just keep them all and mine monero.
Become the cryptojew.

Because I'm not a literal Zimbabwean nigger

i don't understand how such a thing is even possible

Eat dick

Why is it cryptocurrency niggers love AMD? Had the same problem when trying to purchase 290X years ago.

But you are, there is literally money in front of you, you don't even have to mine shit, just ride the high return profits buying and selling cryptocurrencies.
And guess what, world banks already started doing exactly this.
archive.is/4JBfF
archive.is/ygteV
archive.is/oyasQ
archive.is/pChym

Now tell me again how you are the smartest person out of there and how all the big companies and banks are wrong making dumb decissions.

See, you aren't fooling me. Mr. Just Print More Money and say it's valuable.

??????????????? It's called supply and demand and has literally no relation to what type of currency is used.

The price/profit ratio is higher on AMD cards.

Nodriverons have higher floating point performance aka number crunching, 290x is rated at 5,632 GFLOPS and goyvidia 970 3.5gb is rated at 3,920 GFLOPS, despite that the later is faster in videogaemz because floating point is not everything that makes a card and driver related optimization issues.

I'm not telling you to do anything, I'm explaining you that you are a dumb shit

Boy am I sure retarded for not helping you scalp people instead of playing videogames.

But don't AMD cost more to run and cool? Or is the profit margins that big of a difference to outweigh the extra cooling and juice to run these fuckers? Must be since cryptonigger buy these up by the dozens.

To my understanding, the method used by Ethereum is that instead of relying on raw computational power, it instead relies on memory I/O speed. Meaning that making a device with a faster processor alone won't cut it.

Hey look, an nvidia retard that likes getting cut down mid-range GPUs for high-end prices. Keep sucking that nvidia cock, maybe they won't cut down the next generation of chips quite so hard next time.

In the early days of GPU mining, nvidia had no hashrate, just like the PS3 had no gaems. AMD was the only choice for profitable mining. However, these days nvidia mining has become much more competitive, but you only buy them if you can't get your hands on AMD cards. The thing that matters most to miners is performance per watt, and AMD cards come out on top for that. You want to make as much money as possible to offset the cost of your power bill. Undervolting GPUs helps a lot with improving efficiency too.

k den.

If it wouldn't outweight it then they wouldn't buy it, last time I checked return of gpu costs just for ETH was like 6-8 months depending on electricity costs in your area for goydeons 480/580.
You might also spot that miners do buy only sweet spot cards, that is 470-480/570-580 or goyvidia 1060 and not so much of anything higher/lower end, because cards computing power/price scales terribly bad at high end.

>oh no he insulted my beloved company ATI AMD!
Take it and shove it up your ass, retard fanboy

Only fanboys like you toss around retarded phrases that haven't been relevant for years on end. Go tell nvidia to open source their drivers properly for Linux faggot.

I buy whatever is the best on the market for my price range at the time. I've used both company's products, so shove it up your ass.

Seriously? For a tiny ass graphics card and electricity costs? Why even fucking bother?

Return on investment costs is only based on if you sell immediately. If you expect Ethereum to be worth thousands of dollars in the next few years, your ROI will be significantly higher then. Mine what you can, when you can, essentially.

Except in that comparison, the value of USD has just about only done one thing: go down. The value of Bitcoin, though fluctuating, has gone up. Even I was completely flabbergasted when it hit its record highs this year. I expected these kind of prices several years from now, or maybe never.

All this talk of ass penetration is hella gay, you guys.

Ask loonix users about their radeon drivers, faggot
It is still relevant, even on windows AMDs support for OpenGL is ded, you cannot enjoy your foss gaemz and sourceports because AMD cannot into OGL.
And that comes from someone that had more AMD/ATI products than goyvidia products.
Go ahead and play some Doom 2 source ports with OGL, or Quake1/Quakeworld/Quake2 source ports or any other game than Q3/Rage/Nudood [don't forget not to rename the executable because amd driver is running special fixed driver codepath for those 3].

As much as I hate goyvidia for their kikery you cannot help that amd likes to be big faceless corporation that refuses to invest money into their gpu driver department.
Also the driver running only on single core, making radeons slower in combination with FX cpus vs same cpus with goyvidia/vs radeons with jewtel cpus, still relevant in age of Ryzen but not as crushing as before. Just accept it already you faggot in denial.

Wait, is that a REAL car version of that one stereotypical kid's toy car?

yes

I play a shitload of OpenGL games on AMD, it works fine. In fact, I was playing a source port of Doom 2 last week. The only issues I've ever had with OpenGL that relate to AMD is on PCSX2's OpenGL plugin, but I use software emulation anyway because my CPU can handle it, so whatever. What year do you live in?

That's what Mantle was for, which turned into Vulkan and DX12.

As for Linux drivers, nvidia cooperation with open source driver development is few and far between. Most of it has been the result of reverse engineering. AMD actively contributes to the development of open source drivers and employs people that do that work. Apparently Intel is the most open-source friendly, but their integrated GPUs are of course nothing to write home about, so who cares.

That is magnificent

I call bullshit, in GZDoom/Zandronum dynamic lighting and huge detailed map areas cause drops down to 30-20fps on both HD5770 and HD7850 @ win7 64bit, while even 9600gt keeps up stable 300+ fps with same ingame OGL settings, same WAD, same map, same place.

Other than price wise care to elaborate. Ive lined up the Gigabyte 1080 ti closed water cooling for 1499$ on pc case gear. The Vega is 1050$ however sold out.

I see you have no clue how these actually work, then.

Nouveau is now almost as good as the proprietary driver. Extremely stable and the performance difference is only in the single digits.

I'm on an R9 280X, and I use Doomsday. Zero issues. And again, plenty of other OpenGL games work fine. It's not 2012 anymore.

Oh yeah the pyramid grows, so the monopoly money goes up in price. Now do the thing for me, say "mining is not the same as printing money".

Mining is backed by computational workload of the network, and the electricity cost put into it. You can't just say "give me ten billion bitbux" and it becomes so. You have to put something in to get something out.

Printing of real money is then backed by having to produce all the special cotton paper, make watermarks, put holographic logo paint on it, it's expensive process and it uses up actual physical shit, as opposed to producing currency by pressing a button.

give up man, the rx 480 only started to go below MSRP when the 580 was already hitting retail, or you can wait another year, or just buy Jewvidia nobody is going to judge my friend, you had the best intentions but it was just not possible

nigga you re missing the point, he means that money is backed by actual physical gold bars

The Federal Reserve can print off as many rolls of USD as they want, easy as pie, and they have complete control. Bitcoin has a limited amount that can be mined, it gets harder to do so with each passing day, and no single person is in control of it.

Other cryptos were designed without a supply cap, so in their case they have one less thing going for them, but the rest still applies.

Conceptually, after factoring in the price of electiricy and computing hardware, you wind up with a net gain, not loss. You spend some money to produce more money. It's the same as fiat currency printing.

The gains come from the market price people are willing to pay for it. If Bitcoin was only worth $1 (or hell, at this point, $100) it would be unprofitable to mine. However, if it becomes unprofitable, miners move on to something else, which lowers the difficulty on the network, which then stabilizes and approaches profitability again because those $1 coins would become easier to obtain. Once it becomes profitable again, miners come back, difficulty goes up. The cycle repeats, because it's a system that's designed for balance.

If the Fed wanted to print $9999999999 trillion dollars tomorrow, there is nothing to balance them out when doing so.

Oh, also mining gold costs resources too, in the hopes of getting something more valuable out than what you put in. Is gold fiat now?

I don't think so, Tim.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=nvidia-amd-xenial&num=2
tech.slashdot.org/story/14/05/13/0030258/the-truth-about-opengl-driver-quality

>Oh no, my AMD card only gets THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR EFF PEE ESS in this one particular arena shooter! Totally UNPLAYABLE!
>OH NO, LOOK AT THESE SYNTHETIC BENCH MARKS, THEY ARE EVEN WORSE!

So you only print monopoly money if that's profitable? Wow holy shit that's totally different from the reserve that prints money when it's profitable.
Oh yeah the gold is very much fiat, if people don't want to fork out cash for it, it's worht precisely dick. You can look up gold's price fluctuation, it's a solid proof that gold ain't worth a shit as a currency backbone.

Yeah cool story bro, riveting. Please tell us more about your superior heritage benefits.

Bitcoin can't be instantly printed in stupidly large numbers instantly, just like gold can't be mined in stupidly large quantities instantly. There is time, money, and effort involved. The Federal Reserve could unveil a $1 trillion bill tomorrow and then print one trillion of them, because they feel like it.

You are so retarded it hurts.

High end amd cards lose even against low end goyvidia cards in opengl
Call me again when playing Xonotic or Zandronum at nodriveons will be smooth without sub 20 fps constant drops. You fucking red fanboy.

Except AMD has always been the cheaper "bang for buck" option on the market, which nvidiots have always held up as some kind of bad thing. Their prices being fucked up right now has nothing to do with how they were in the past.

Also good job ignoring that several hundred FPS is somehow bad and unplayable, according to you.

You mean right now, because it's not 2010 and people aren't using low-end 5770s anymore?

Like I said, I've bought from both companies. You're the one being an irrational nvidia dick sucker because of outdated conceptions.

What's your next move Einstein?

People don't print huge amounts of fiat currency either, dumdum. Because that would ruin the economy instantly, not even retard kikes do that. Well, white retard kikes don't, but we have a few nigger country examples that do just that.

Ideally you want stable currency but that just isn't possible, for that to happen you would need amount of money in circulation to precisely match the momentary GDP. If history is any example, small to medium inflation is miles better than even tiny deflation. And 100% of kikecoins hyperdeflate to almost the same magnitude as zimbabwe dollar hyperinflates.

Should have mentioned either one of Dunning–Kruger effect since he wrote "You are so retarded it hurts" while being completely fucking retarded.

You mean the games that put invisible water under the pavement tesselated to millions of polygons, which tank framerate on all cards but amd cards tank way harder, and do other shit like that? Intentional functionality crippling, not an argument.

No please, go ahead, tell me more about how well spending perfectly legal two and three dollar bills at the general store went!
After all real work went behind them and they're REAL dollars!

Printing a trillion-trillion dollars tomorrow would hyper-hyperinflate the price of the USD. It would become Zimbabwe dollars, completely worthless. Or Venezuelan dollars. Or Wiemar Germany Marks.

You can not, under any circumstances, print a trillion-trillion Bitcoins.

Deflation means it's getting more valuable, so how would hyperdeflation be bad? Your savings, whatever currency it may be, SHOULD get more valuable over time.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make. Your point is that Nvidia Jeworks makes Crysis 2 unplayable? How is that AMD's fault?

Meanwhile, a R9 380 user enjoys fps drops down to silky smooth 0 in his FOSS Xonotic game that's running on sourceport of bloody Quake 1. True 2017's OpenGL experience for AMD users.

You can print literally all the money you want ever dumb dumb. That doesn't mean the people outside of your friend group will recognize it as having value.

lmao

The question here isn't if your own personal bottle cap collection can become the world's new reserve currency. The question is can you print an unlimited supply of Bitcoin? To which the answer is no. Can you mine an unlimited supply of Gold? To which the answer is no. Can the Fed print an unlimited supply of USD? They can, they have, and they will.

You must be totally lacking any grasp on economy basics if you even have to ask that.

Wow who would have thought.

Read the post again faggot. How would hyperdeflation be bad. Deflation is the process of your currency becoming more valuable over time. Your savings, would be worth more in the future than the day you earned it, instead of less like it currently is with the ever-inflating USD.

There's about 15 billion dollars in $2 bills floating around.
Why don't you invest the time hunting every single one? They have value, after all the Fed printed them. Hell you could probably find like $170,000 in $2 bills in a land fill.
If you don't understand my point yet, you can fuck right off.

wew lad

Your point is that finding a limited supply of money in the garbage is the same as printing an infinite supply? I think you might want to get your head checked user. $2 bills are legal tender printed by the Fed, and only by the Fed, and never by you.

Yeah Bitcoin is digital. So tell me how you can use it's digital nature to mine a trillion of them tomorrow, out of the 21 million cap. Go on, I'll wait. Your answer should be really interesting, because it will make us all rich!

Except it works on non-radeon systems
Did you even read what Valve SteamOS dev wrote about OpenGL support across different gpu companies?
archive.is/wlqfV
Vendor B is ATI/AMD

Oh gee I dunno, ask all the people who lost jobs and went out of business in the 30s you dumb fuck. I could spoiler some of it to you: people stop using money because that way it goes up in value, the prices drop because people don't want to buy shit causing loss of business and further deflation.

1930s America experienced deflation, but not hyperdeflation. I'll concede that it could harm businesses, and it would make any debts you owe suddenly a lot more valuable than previously which would have its own problems.

Yeah because deflation was terrible but hyperdeflation will surely be good.

Ultimately the deflation was just a correction to partially undo the previous period of inflation. The value had dipped far too much due to the Federal Reserve's interference. It obviously didn't last though. You'd absolutely kill to have a 1930s dollar in 2017.

Are you 12? If not, why the fuck do you have an intelligence of a 12 year old?

filtered
honestly faggot just assume the nigger is 12 and explain it too them properly. Acting like a faggot wins you no credibility. rhetorical points awarded to the 12 year old for maintaining composure

Is inflation any better than deflation? Is your money becoming more valuable over time really worse than it becoming less valuable over time? It's true they can both have negative effects on the economy in the short term, but in the long term, wouldn't you rather the value go up rather than down?

That depends on multiple factors, you can't pinpoint the "bettering" of the economy on a single factor. No wonder you got called out on having 12 year old mentality.

Such as?

If I have $100,000 today, and its spending power increases by 700% over the next 50 years, and then gets inherited by offspring, what other factors would come into play to make this not as good as it sounds or even a bad thing? Other than the Immortal Comrade Sanders taxing it at 99% to feed the poor undocumented youths of the New New Mexico Territory.

Read a book nigger. Or read your own posts without a stubborn mindset. Business being hurt means salaries go down faster than deflation increases your acquisitive power. A country without businesses doesn't have money flowing in thus deteriorates.

A dollar in 1930 is 14 dollars in 2017.

Yes, you've already established that in the short term deflation can harm things just as equally as inflation can (though in the opposite direction, inflation leads to a demand for higher wages and then businesses cut down on the number of employees, or in the current year they get replaced with automation). You still haven't answer me about in the long term, which one is worse for a nation to experience?

Thanks, that was the entire point of my post.

That is the long term as well. The process is called debt-deflation, and leads to unemployment as a result of failing businesses.
Here's a more detailed article if you want: cbsnews.com/news/explainer-why-is-deflation-so-harmful/

Inflation makes for a stable economy with healthy incentive to spend all money immediately, thus maximizing monetary effort (if money is sitting in a box, it's worthless for the economy). Deflation makes for a spiral economy deterioration in a positive feedback loop, and destroys economy completely. The one time deflation happened with real currency, people had to use all sorts of drastic measures to stop it, and it didn't even crossed the 10% mark.

Also
That's a stupid fucking point then. Just because the figures you use are smaller doesn't mean the acquisitive power is better. You have to look at how much you can buy with the average wages, not how much the monetary unit is worth.

See, we've been hearing that line from the Fed for decades, and yet things haven't been going quite as well as they had hoped using their "inflation is good, goy" strategy. They want to "incentivize spending" and yet the opposite is happening. Millennials are becoming notorious penny pinchers ("Why aren't they buying houses? They should stop buying Avocado toast every day!" [angry jewish noises]). When my favorite restaurant raises prices, I don't spend my money there as often anymore, when video card prices increase, I don't buy them as often, etc.

A stable economy is a stable economy, inflation doesn't make it stable. It makes your savings less valuable over time. Disincentives savings (and yet we do it anyway out of necessity). They even go so far as wanting to increase the death tax because they really REALLY hate you saving money. Your white kids should be just as poor as the "youths" they are importing.

True, average wages are part of the equation.

Inflation/deflation of a economy is a interesting factor, one where it is not the act of changing value of the currency but the mindset of the herd that kills everything.

For example, we have welfare state and several "social helping" programs of the govern in several countries, where it tries to ease the money distribution imbalance, it works always in a inflation mindset because it will make the money come and go faster from hand to hand, is the more common and used system and nobody starts making riots or becoming more retarded than usual in this situation, do not create a expectation that money is better saved at home (which is stupid and people could try investing, but every fuging where, we have taxes for impediment and blocking of using your brain at the lower end of the income), and can ease the burden of not having a efficient govern (one where stupid people don't check the account at the start of a project and if it can enter the budget).

Another point to make, is that money is a product that can be sold, or better stated it can be lent for a period of time for a interest, the case here is, somewhere one person really needs this money, the money saving asshole at home, does not really need it and can lend it for a interest, for the time which he had no access to his money he can get more money than he started.
This is a bank works, this way entrepreneurs can get a head start at buying equipment and machines or even employing people at an monetary profitable endeavor in a small scale.

Another point. a economy does not get richer with more money, it get richer by diminishing it's cost at making any kind of product, the short term way of doing this is cutting salary, the long term is researching methods and buying more expensive equipments or workers that will get a more profitable cost per product. By this method the currency is irrelevant if it get's more or less valuable, as the capital in itself on it's own self contained system will not change anything and will simply repass the cost foward on the chain.

This concept still makes absolutely no sense to me. Saving money is a perfectly logical thing to do. And really, when you give it to the bank, you effectively are loaning it to them with the expectation of earning interest, but interest rates have been total shit for nearly two decades now because of this desire to force people to spend rather than save. No one actually saves money by stuffing it in their mattress.

That is why i put investiments in assets and akin, but that thing requires study and effort to enter, and not everybody that enters on investiments has even the barest needed to enter there and not make red herrings on the system, while not all that enter are required to at least know what the fuck they are throwing money at (for some to win, some have to lose), the media and the mind boggling stupidity of the people that have money and think cryptocoins or any other "hype" that arises from nothing will make return creates bubbles from nothing.
The bank stuff is more on the corruption side and block from free competition, than natural effect of the economy. You can see banks as a holding kind of cartel or a political tool, being safe from outside interference for their high priority on the money flow and ability to mold the natural tendencies on the market. They are more of a political card at this point than a company that must minimize cost and increase profit, by management of risk and return.

Cryptocurrency is more than just a bubble made from nothing. The blockchain is a piece of technology that a variety of services have been built off of. You can send money to anyone with even the most basic of internet access anywhere in the world, with little to no transaction fees depending on the crypto. You can embed information into the blockchain, thus making that information permanently accessible and impossible to censor. Namecoin used the blockchain to build a public DNS system. There is a ton of value being generated through the blockchain and the services that utilize it, and it will only expand from here.

I know about the base of possibility for cryptocurrency and how it will eventually superseed the actual information check runned by the government for factual documents.
I was giving it as an example because even in the course i take, there is one or other stupid brick that simply refuses to study a little before saying that he will invest on it, as a rule of thumb i never put money in something i know nothing off, the course is economic sciences.
You are more likely to find a stupid person saying that he will make money from it than someone that actually knows the basis of the thing in question, for that reason I say it is a bubble of stupid niggers, the technology from that, burst or not, is something will not disappear and will be developed even outside cryptocurrency.

I agree it might be overpriced, but I'd hardly call it a bubble. A correction will bring it's price down, but for the reason you mentioned, and the fact that it can be used as currency that is inherently better than fiat money, it won't flop on it's ass like real state did.

You deserve the current ecconomy

Except teh devaluing of that monetary unit didn't come naturally or for no reason at all. It's part of government action to fund it's stupid practices, to give money to whoever it wants, while it slowly devalues your currency. What happens is that it creates a perception that wages have to increase, not because people should be given a higher purchasing power, but to keep up with government spending. A stable currency wouldn't be better because we'd be using smaller figures, but because prices would have a real and lasting meaning. If a job costs 100$ to get done, then you know that roughly the same ajob will cost 100$ in the future and can plan accordingly (ceteris paribus, of course). But with inflation, the same job will cost 105 next year, along with numerous other costs of your everyday life and to run your business.

b-b-but trump was going to save it

Not anymore, lad. The man appears to have gone full betrayal.