Anti-gravity racing games

Why are anti-gravity racers so fucking good? I've never had an interest in wheel-based racing games, but make the cars float and I'm drooling like a retard.
Are there any good new ones coming out? I've been getting my fill of Fast RMX. I'm considering Redout, but it looks pretty slow in comparison.
Why is Nintendo so fucking blind to all the people who want a new F-Zero? They could pretty much recycle the GX engine as-is, make a handful of new tracks, and add online multiplayer, and people would buy it in droves. They wouldn't even need to put in a story mode or car customization.

What have you been playing? Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eHdmWjoLytU
mega.nz/#!kyg2BajS!7fkXAFQGdqvqFFR7eKUsS6-Cmr-vQ0fUXkraPDRVLjM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wipeout 64 would have been the best entry on the franchise if it wasn't for the music.

Most recent thing I've played was the Wipeout Omega Collection. It's nice, since I missed out on both 2048 and HD when they were released. Only played it for about a week and then moved on to something else, I should really get back to it.

Speed, handling, that satisfying engine noise feedback, the bright neon colors, who knows. I'm partial to the Wipeout zone mode myself.

I always meant to play more of the Wipeout games, but the only one so far that I've played is Wipeout HD.

Is Redout better or worse than Fast RMX? I've got Fast but I'm not terribly fond of the handling.

Get fucking Project 64 and play Wipeoyt 64 right now!

get the omega collection.

Yeah no

I think I will.

Don't have a PS4, or I would.

Fast RMX is neat, but if you play it in handheld mode everything's too small to see. I wish there was a mode that heavily simplified the graphics, so that it's clean enough to play on the go, kinda like Wipeout in zones mode.The Ikaruga-like shield system is really fun.
I got the Wipeout Omega Collection, and it's fucking good. Every turn feels expertly crafted, until you fuck up and bang into a wall.

Omega collection includes HD, Fury and the Vita game 2048. If you have a PS4 it's worth it.

lol poor

it's fantastic

i've been playing a lot of these wipeout/podracing/fzero games lately, and redout is BY FAR the platinum choice for competitive high-stakes, skill based gameplay. Oh, and speed.

Redout boasts a large variety of beautiful, challenging tracks with amazing music, a huge selection of sweet rides, four speed classes, a high skill ceiling, a dedicated community, devoted developers, vibrant and detailed graphics, an optimized backend so anyone can play, and an unrivaled feeling of speed.

The game is fucking hard, and if you feel like you'd get frustrated mastering every little mechanic, then you'd be better off playing a simpler game like FAST or formula fusion, y'know, for kids.

But if you're down with playing a multilayered experience that's all about breakneck speed, and tight/intricate controls, Redout is the undisputed champion here.

I've played f-zero, wipeout, pod racing, fast rmx, formula fusion, GRIP, airride midoki, and motherfucking redout.
of these games,the only one that even comes close to the deep controls of redout is f-zero, and the only ones that compare in terms of speed are, again, f-zero, and FAST rmx.

FUCK, I LOVE REDOUT SO GODDAMN MUCH

Have you got a video showing how fast it can get? I thought about getting it but it fell off the radar due to Wipeout.

Is this fresh copypasta?

I haven't seen a gameplay video of Redout yet that doesn't look like a fucking crawl.
It looks fun and all, but this shit here doesn't even come close to the subsonic speed class of Fast RMX in this video. Is this just the bottom speed class? Where can I find a video that shows off the real speed the game can offer, or is this shit as fast as it gets? Also, is there an option to turn off that sickening motion blur? That shit is terrible.

To be fair, that second paragraph reads pretty heavily like a marketing promo.

shit's not letting me embed, just look up "class 4 redout" on youtube. And sure, they might not have all these burs and shit like fast racing does to make you think you're going extremely fast, it instead conveys how fucking fast you're going to the player through the controls.

with fast racing, I was always able to tackle the corners every time, no matter how fast, and the game instead makes you think you're going WAY faster when you boost by just blurring everything and raising the FOV.

You can /feel/ the speed, it can't be conveyed through videos alone.

At this point they could do a 1:1 HD port of F-Zero GX to any modern console with online MP hastily tacked on and I'd buy 3 copies of it so I could play with my brothers.

RIP Extreme Gravity Rage

I'm gonna guess the "sense of speed" he was going on about IS the blur, and he's a pleb. But that gameplay video is also clearly some kind of polygon-tier (((games journalist))) so you can't count on them to follow a racing line, maintain speed, or know how to fucking turn without hitting a wall.

Emulate this. Then weep that Psygnosis is dead.

No.

Dude Redout footage is like 100% blur and after-effects.
I turned motion blur off in FAST RMX before I even started racing. Can I turn all this shit off in Redout?
And I'm loving how the first result I found for Redout Class 4 racing shows a guy trying to skip a portion of the track F-Zero GX style and running into an invisible wall and exploding. The wall even becomes a visible grid of neon lines to let you know it's there. I'm not impressed.

I agree that 3 is better but just saying no, doesn't really count as an argument.

The cake broke embedding, because Javascript is shit. They put in the cake, and redefined a global function which stomped on posting.

Until it gets fixed, you can go to Options, then User JS, and put this in there and hit save to fix post options:

null !== document.querySelector('form[name="postcontrols"]') && document.querySelector('form[name="postcontrols"]').addEventListener("mouseup", function() { sessionStorage.quoteClipboard = window.getSelection().toString() }), $(".post-table-options").css("display", "none"), window.optionsShowing = !1, $(document).on("click", ".show-post-table-options", function() { return window.optionsShowing ? ($(".show-post-table-options").html("[▶ " + _("Show post options & limits") + "]"), $(".post-table-options").css("display", "none"), window.optionsShowing = !1) : ($(".show-post-table-options").html("[▼ " + _("Hide post options & limits") + "]"), $(".post-table-options").css("display", "table"), window.optionsShowing = !0), !1 }), document.forms.postcontrols && document.forms.postcontrols.password && (document.forms.postcontrols.password.value = localStorage.password), 1 != window.location.hash.indexOf("q") && window.location.hash.substring(1) && highlightReply(window.location.hash.substring(1))

All that is is the code in the global init() function that the cake redefined. Putting it in User JS forces it to execute anyway, fixing post options. If you put "audio[0].pause()" either at the top or bottom of that, you can also force the audio to start out paused so it doesn't play in every fucking tab.

Did you play Fast in Hypersonic? Fast is pretty easy in subsonic and supersonic. Hypersonic is still rather easy for GP, but most of the fun is playing against real people anyway, and it gets the speed. Fast has some blur and FOV narrowing during the boosts, but Redout has that shit cranked to the max by default. As long as I could turn that shit off, I'd be alright with it.
I'm probably still going to buy Redout anyway, just because I'm so starved for good antigrav racers.

Weapons and other lolfucked mechanics ruin racing games

64 just feels like an afterthought compared to Wipeout XL and 3

That's an opinion

It's a fact.

extreme-g
kinetica
turbo slider

Probably Holla Forums fucking up again.

I found this: youtube.com/watch?v=eHdmWjoLytU
It looks pretty fast. If that speedometer is in km/h, then the player moves at around mach 1 on straights, and mach 0.5 during turns. I'll have to agree with on the effects though. They're a bit too much, and unless the Switch version lets you turn them off it'll be just as hard to play on handheld mode as Fast RMX.
I might get it after beating Wipeout and RMX.

It's the cake; see for a temporary fix.

I'm still going to buy Redout. There are few enough of these games that I can buy absolutely every major one that comes out and not come close to breaking the bank.

HOW THE FUCK I DO DOWNLOAD THE MUSIC GODDAMMIT I HATE WINDOWS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Let's ahve a thoguht for those other AG games that never quite made it to popularity
And other but I'm too lazy to remember

If you mean the music playing in the thread just use inspect element and the network tab, granted it will only work if you're fast enough to catch the file being buffered or have it on while browsing normally but still.
There's probably some other way or even an extension that does the job for you but I don't care enough to look that up.

Seriously though, why does nobody talk about this game? It's fun as fuck.

mega.nz/#!kyg2BajS!7fkXAFQGdqvqFFR7eKUsS6-Cmr-vQ0fUXkraPDRVLjM

Mark posted the megalink for it all.

Why does my thread still have the cake?

clear your browser cache

I had. I figured it was probably the Alacrity daemon and that making a post would fix it. Indeed, it went away right after I made my post.