Divinity 2

I don't play western RPGs often but when I do I sure get surprised a lot.
This time I decided to play Divinity 2 since some anons recommended it in action RPG thread, and I vaguely remember playing the first one ages ago.
So I rolled into this one and after like 4 hours of playing I only spend maybe 1 hour in combat, the rest being talking, searching, pillaging and fucking with people.
Between mind reading and the ability to actually differently resolve quests I'm having tons of fun. Game isn't overly serious either as you can joke, bullshit and tease people.
But boy does this game love making you to pixel hunt shit. Wanna open secret door? Find tiny ass stone to press. Wanna find some key or quest item? Fucking comb a bunch of bushes for tiny ass interactable item.
I can't even say if I like combat or not, since I saw very little of it.
It's also nice to see a western game with cute, if samey women in it, just to remind you about times before feminists outbreak.
I also like how colorful it gets at some points.

It has its slow periods, but it also goes through long periods of combat. Unfortunately, the game has a weird thing about it. Namely that you use experience you can't lose levels to read minds. A lot of this is useless, but occasionally it has huge benefits, like a certain treasure only being accessible if you use it on three specific characters, and some characters giving you free stat points or ability points for using it on them. The enemies don't respawn, so you can't spam this ability, and it is mostly obvious about who to use it on.

Oh, and then there are the trap rooms. The game loves its traps.and forcing you to do basic platforming to get through areas.

I was afraid of using mindread at first but then I saw how much exp finishing quests give compared to exp debts so I decided to fucking read everyone who looks at least partially interesting.

Does that mean that EXP you can acquire through the game is limited and I should be more careful about it?

IIRC, yes. Once you clear an area and complete its quests, that is it. It doesn't matter terribly much if you build your character well as you can find some extremely broken stuff with certain builds. That is the base game, though, the second part that is separate in the menu has respawning enemies.

However, that part has level scaling, so enjoy the stats screen telling you that you are demigod while there are zombies on par with you.

Yes. It also makes the main gimmick extremely dumb since you'll be reloading a ton.

average game with a horrible troll-ending as a huge fuck you to the player

What in the actual fuck.
I think I remember this nutjob in the first divinity. Was he as ridiculous back there too?

I don't even know what "segments" are.
I just got told by some dragon knight zombie to go kill some dude so I could turn into dragon myself.
Despite making melee character I find myself quite squishy. I do good damage and kill enemies of my level fast, but also take shitton of damage myself.
What am I doing wrong?

thats the most wizardy name ever

Its made by Belgians not Californians. Everything happens a bit late in Belgium. They hadden't been SJWfied yet.

No, but they allow the EU and mudslimes to dictate their country and enrich their people and culture.

Given that I killed Alexander, took his face and hid while the voidworm and the gheist, assassin and polymorph mage killed each other so imagine my surprise when he was merely knocked out later.

The creator have more than once said D:OS and D:OS2 are essentially how the studio envisioned their magnum opus to be back in the 90s when publishers were forcing them to make Diablo 1: Zandalor's Underpants and then the fun mess that is ergo draconis.

You're in for more surprises.

Can anyone help a brainlet who's shit at this game git gud?
I'm running a Lizard Wizard with Beast as a tank, Fane as a 2H DD, and Lohse as her stock class and am getting blown the fuck out at level five.

I've never played Divinity 1 or 2, but I like RPGs (both vidya and pen & paper), should I try?

Use Archer, plink everything from afar and dodge shit from afar
Explosive Shot is excellent for Crowd Control, Spread Shot deals ridiculous damage if you point-blank all arrows into a single enemy. Combined with several archer buffs, a maxed crit rate and some powerful weapons, you can one-shot the true final boss

only in the base game, the expansion continued onwards from there, though I'd be mad as hell too if I played this game at release

Does anyone know how to fix the jerky camera movement when playing the developer's cut in wine?

I wish they made a proper sequel to either Divinity I or II. I didn't enjoy OS that much, while I had tons of fun with the first and second even though they are haphazardly crappy in their execution.

Yes. Divinity 1 (called Divine Divinity) is a top-down hack&slash, but don't confuse it for a Diablo clone. It's more like if Ultima 8 did not suck. But the beginning of the game sucks, you are stuck in a dungeons with nothing but skeletons before the game finally opens up.

The second game in the series is Beyond Divinity, but it's not very good. It's not that bad, but that doesn't make it good either. The biggest problem is that you now have two characters with gameplay that was designed for one character.

Divinity 2 is the third game, but since no one like Beyond Divinity they skipped it in the numbering. It's a 3D hack & slash, closer to the first game, but in 3D this time. You can also turn into a dragon, but that replaces all the ground enemies with air enemies, so you can't fly around and burn all the critters on the ground. Still a really fun game.

God lord, trying to do the part between act1 and 2 is pretty damn hard for a solo character when Gareth is completely retarded

How does OS compare to Divinity 1 and 2?
I like these two games because they have fully real time combat and no fucking party. Dear god I hate parties in RPGs.
Please tell me OS isn't baldur's gate clone, because from screenshots it looks like one.

My waifu is that living chest who flirts with you.

You won't like OS. It's a shame it's the most popular game in the series, I can foresee a lot of people getting confused when the next non-OS game comes out and it's completely different to OS.

(checked)
Didn't divinity franchise had some strategy/dating sim game too?
It's all over the place anyway.

Yes, Dragon Commander.
Best waifu is a skelly.

She's totally worth the hardest fight in the game.

I stopped about 20 hours in. Kept getting headaches from the retarded Gamebryo engine. For some reason it'd load object in the foreground noticeably faster than object in the background when you turned the camera. I really ought to try it on my new PC. I had just gotten into the Battle Tower throne room where it seemed like the game would start opening up.

People finished OS2 already?

Best part of the game is the expansion/second half in my opinion, so it might be worth pressing on if you didn't find the gameplay utterly disgusting and you can fix those graphical issues.

Streamers play big titles non-stop when they come out. It was beaten in 17hours by some streamfag while he was high on red bull knock offs and ritalin.

I think the gameplay was pretty fun to cheese. Also, this is the only thing I can think about when I spam fireball.

I liked that the ending didn't pull any punches and felt like the expansion was a total cop-out.

Divinity 2 was a last gen hidden gem that nobody ever talks about.

So, has anyone had luck playing with other people from Holla Forums or randoms? I figure it'd mostly be pretty bad, but I wanted to give it a shot when I wake up.

What? There is no multiplayer in Divinity 2.

OP is a ruseman, don't believe his lies.

Whoa there child lover, too bad this game has only grown women instead, sorry to upset you.

He is talking about the new one

Grown women don't look like neanderthals, soyboy.

I see alot of people are confusing, Divinity 2 with Divinity original sin 2, but how can I blame them. I love the devs but the naming could've been better.

Maybe get your eyes checked then.

The explaination is
I downloaded a newer game it seems, and the women look like apes as is expected of western games in the current year.

Oh boy, you're right. Is this shit made by the same devs? It is terrible.

Again that's Original sin 2 not Divinity 2

Yeah I guess we both figured that out.
What a damn shame. You just can't look forward anything, even devs made cool shit in the past.

*even if

What kills me is that Sexy plate versus that full "functional" plate on the chicks when you compare Larain's old games to the new ones, devs have really been beaten to submision.

In Ego Draconis you can MR everyone and not worry about xp since in over 90% of cases you get a benefit from it that is greater than the xp lost.
In Flames of vengeance mobs respawn in most dungeons so you can MR away without problem, just don't be scared of the new huge cost of MR-ing.
So basically MR everyone and is very few cases will you come up short.
I played and finished the game 2 weeks ago so memories are fresh.

Nothing, every character in this game is a hybrid.. mostly. You're suppose to combine abilities, or at least i did. That or just max exploding arrow and make the game piss easy (seriously don't do that, it's op as fuck)

Belegar is one of the best things about Divinity games.

Those are probably the best looking face presets I saw in that character creator, it only gets worse from there.

impressive digits mate

I guess fuck larian then.

By the time you have reached Flames of Vengeance you should have maxed out MR which makes it free.

These shrines are Bellegar's: finest magician beneath the stars!
If the other shrines you want to see, then slay here now these goblins three!
Treasure is nigh, you are so close to your goal!
Too bad I chose to feed you to a troll!

Now that is stupid. Because the enemy EXP scales with player level, it makes nearly zero difference in overall player level how much you mind read, if you do it before setting off from an NPC filled area.

…But the blonde is cute?

No.

Anyone wanna start a new campaign?
We can all be skeletons. It'll be great.

Cursed be the mother that bred thee! The wench must have been a hell-spawned banshee!
From her womb the darkness did bloom, the misguided specter that will lead all to their tomb!

The game picks up, you're at the start it's giving time to build your character. Specialize in magic which boosts magic weapons and dump strength fuck I don't remember the specific names of the stats Also, learn to love charm.

It was foreshadowed out the ass, pay attention, faggot. The plot literally wouldn't have made sense any other way.

Yep, shame they gutted Dragon Commander for it though. Seriously, one of the devs says they murdered it to pour more money into D:OS. I'm pissed because I bought DC pre-steam refunds and have never been able to do the RTS section.

Eat your vegetables.

Which was a debacle on its own since IIRC DC was crowdfunded too. But them lacking funds did highlight an important issue that later led to the death of large scale game kikestarters. Unless the crowdfunding campaign manages to pull in millions, the devs still need external financiers for the project to pull through.

cool yet another thread that takes a superior game and shits on it because it's not old.

I keep getting reminded every day of why I stopped using all forms of social media, including image boards.

If you bothered to comprehend before shit posting you'd see he was judging the game by it's artstyle. Would you perhaps like to contribute to the thread and provide a justification as to why D:OS is superior to DKS?

I have only played Divine Divinity years ago, but I remember skeleton lady flirting with me in some dungeon… And 14yo brat king, zombie attacking me because I brought flowers from his wife to his grave and all sorts of weird funny stuff.

Does anyone know if the new Divinity has waifu elements in it?

Also what can I do in these games? I keep hearing people say you can do anything but that seems a little broad.

The game is shit unless you are a DnD fag who loved baldur gates. Dont buy into the hype.

Misleading at best given that the old Black Isle games didn't really have synergistic system found in pen and paper.

LOL!!!!

That's rich considering you had to grind in FoV with your approach while I didn't have to.

Fucking what?
Are you confusing D2 with D:OS2? Because they're different games within the same series.

You spend 99% of the game like fifty feet above your character's heads from a top-down view. The models in Baldur's Gate weren't hot either.

Does not. There are two potential (not player-created) female party members. One is a 3edgy5u elf in a world where elves look like they're made out of trees, and the other is a human with borderline personality disorder that she blames on an alleged demonic possession. Even if you custom create all your own characters, which you'll have to abuse multiplayer mode to do, you can't really edit any of them into waifu material.

Which ones? The new one, Original Sin 2, is a Baldur's Gate style game. So you put together a party of four characters and go on a quest like in any other RPG. You fight enemies and accumulate gold and use different skills to overcome enemies, traps, puzzles and social situations. It's the same talk/sneak/fight trifecta that all "choice" games seem to have. I love the game, I think it's done well, but don't buy the hype if someone is telling you that you can "do anything."

can you uncultured retards please stop spouting this
for one, Original Sin 2 is turn-based, like pen and paper games, whereas Baldur's Gate is realtime with pause. They're completely different. The only similarity is that they're both cRPGs. It's like comparing Actraiser to Lufia II.

Those are negligible differences.
It's like saying that Street Fighter and Guilty Gear are in different genres because of air dashing and gatling combos.

No, it's like saying Doom and Pathologic are the same type of game because they're both in first-person.

Pathologic is pretty shit though.
You should have used STALKER instead.