Pour a drink out for Battleborn, it's officially dead

forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/a-message-from-randy-varnell/1637649

Pour a drink out for Battleborn, it's officially dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/FBUAW
archive.is/J6uoI
archive.is/y6vN3
sonsofthestorm.com/report_soldier76.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

DANCE PARTY TIME
POST DANCE GIFS

I mean, if you're one of 10 people who bought a game I'm sure it all feels very personal to you.

big whoop

So they're ditching Battleborn to work on that 1v1 game that had a thread on here earlier, right?
Get ready for Stillborn 2.0

I'm not wasting a drink, I'll take a liquid shit into a mcdonalds cup and pour that out.

Nothing in this world could possibly be missed less upon its demise than BATTLEBORN.

Dont forget, this game was in development since 2012.

That would be like pouring out a drink for your rival gang after you shoot they ass, nigga.
Sheeeeet, fuck that.

It's not truly dead, but they are giving up on it. They probably paid to rent their servers for a certain amount of time and now they are forced to run out the clock. Now they get to actually lose money just keeping the lights on, because this shit isn't making them any money.

I feel so goddamned smug right now. Gearbox can't die off soon enough.

I'm gonna need some Quark webms in here

At my local 5 below there is like 30-40 copies of battleborn on console. I still think they're all there. No one is buying this shit.

Reminder. Also a reminder that Battleborn could have easily avoided this if Gearbox wasn't retarded and made the game a F2P at launch.

I doubt it, it had to directly compete with overwatch which has better visuals and "hot girls" as opposed to battleborn's nothing. Not to mention overwatch had the advertising force of hollywood and battleborn had nothing.

Is it that shitty card fps that will fail like battleborn? Surely these fucks know that they either get out of the fps genre or die, right?

Their hotpockets are having trouble letting go.

Battleborn has enough quirks to set it apart from OW. The problem is that Gearbox did not clarify the differences at all, especially not in the marketing.

Now, see, right along with "battleborn was the most expensive things gearbox ever made", this is just something I don't buy. Overwatch didn't exist in 2012, let alone 2009. Battleborn could not exist in any shape or form at that time.

Being absolute shit isn't a "quirk", Randy.

Heck, most people i know STILL don't have the slightest clue what type of game it is.
For the longest time, i thought it was the replacement IP for Borderlands…
It wasn't really the games fault, it was the utter lack of marketing and people finally getting fed up with the shit gearbox pulled.

Eh… maybe. I'm guessing if that were to be true, he either ripped off shit like pic related(released in 2011, this shit genre of moba shooters predates overwatch by years), or the long shot, but given the timeline, he somehow caught a glimpse of Dota 2's development, and started thinking of ways to plagiarize it, and just decided to merge it with Memelands

shamefur, but this is a good news thread, so post dance gifs, smug anime cunts and laughing compilations

I'm reasonably aware of vidya yet all I know is that it's OW but more MOBA and SJW. That might not be even remotely correct but it's all I know.

All i know is that it's a shooter, it's very similar to overwatch, so an FPS MOBA? and Anthony Burch was hired back on to write so, it's got that memelands "humor" tacked on to make it """unique"""

archive.is/FBUAW uwu

And I just saw this yesterday

I played that piece of shit when they made some parts of it F2P, and it is plenty different from OW. None of it is good, every aspect of the game is bad, the art, the single player, the multiplayer, every game mode I played was bad, listening to the characters talk was painful, their F2P model was a joke. It was all shit but it was all a different kind of shit from OW.

What game was it Target just dumped the entire shipping pallet on Goodwill?

Ass effect: Androgyny

I see this shit in fucking dollar stores for 8 bucks, and it still doesn't sell, Target's out of it's mine.

nice, Gearbox fucking finally pays for the shit they've been hauling over the pass couple years

get fucked gearbox :)

it would still be a flop, paladins is better than overwatch in some ways.

Everyone, it's time to

SWEAT

SWEAT

SWEAT

They arent particularly good games, but they're different. Battleborn has a single player and co-op campaign with an established world it doesnt tell you about in the first mission and plays like a moba from what I understand of them. Battleborn also has from what I hear abnormal grinding requirements since gear can literally make the difference in matches, where as in OW the only thing you need to grind for is cosmetics and thats a multiplayer only game.

those don't sound like quirks so much as downgrades to me.

Get on my level, saw a copy at family dollar for $8 the other day

wasnt this game at one point cheaper than buying an empty ps4 game case? as if putting battleborn in it lowered its value?

i believe that was in china or some other slant-eyed country

life after death confirmed
fedoracucks on cryochamber waitlist

Realistically, support can end at any point after the fall update. And it probably will soon after.

Nice doubles, but your dance game needs work By which I mean music

Potato, tomato, make of it what you want. The reality is that Battleborn and Overwatch were different enough to stand apart, but Gearbox wouldnt bother explaining how the games were different, they deliberately tried to form a sort of "rivalry" with Blizzard.

This just in…

LEFTIST FEMINISM JUST KILLED YOUR SHITTY GAME'S FUTURE!

I'm an ausfag so it would probably work out to be around $8 us dollars.

My oldest friend and the main guy I've always played games with recently tried to get me to buy Battleborn. His taste in games has always been rather poor, I'd say he sets the bar pretty low for everything in life, but I haven't talked to him since that time, and I saw he bought Destiny 2 the day after release. I'm glad I have an excuse when I don't buy this shit now, but man… it hurts.

I bought dark souls 1 yesterday.
This several year old game at any point in time has 1000+ people online, i was invaded, invaded and did co op many times during my five hour game time.
I don't know whether this is sad or hilarious.

on console?

PC

Using the connectivity mod or no?

Yeah, i'm using the node connecting shit as apparently the default online is busted garbage.

I pirated that game so there was no one to play with me.

it was a website.

That's for damn sure! I don't have it and I've never been invaded or managed to invade.

I don't get why Paladins is so popular. I played it last week, I mastered it in less than 3 days. The game is extremly shallow, I don't see any reason to keep playing it. I also keep getting matched with retards who don't know what to do even though it's literally in the name of the calss. I get front lines who keep running around the map instead of sitting on the objective, I get supports who think they are damage so they focus on that instead of healing, I get flanks who keep sitting on the objective and attacking head on, and ofc like in every game, I get snipers who sit behind crates the whole game, being useless. Is oveverwatch like this?

eSports are getting into the Olympics soon, get on that instead of bitching about it.

Just download it, it's a pinned thread on it's steam discussion page.

Save the party until Gearbox itself is dead.

I hope their next failure makes them go bankrupt.

I still remember all of the blatant shilling the first Boderlands got on 4chan and an so glad to finally feel vindication in finding the game and it's sequel to be crap.

i'll get around to downloading it once i have an extension for my controller, right now it doesn't reach

Ok.
I'll be waiting for you.

It's a Nigger tranny tbh

I hope they either finally learn something or die now, i hate Schadenfreudedditors and TORtanic posting but i've never seen a company release so many shit in a row before.
Gearbox and Bioware must be euthanized.

Mario Kart will replace the sport of jumping with a long stick.

Is that Danny Mc fucking Bride on the left?

How could this even happen?

I'd have preferred Overwatch cancer to die instead but that MOBA will probably go after TF2 is finally in the trash bin, considering how much Valve cares.

I don't know what's sadder seeing that he has wasted his time on that game for so long or how his work was a complete flop upon release

And in other failed "hero shooter" news…

archive.is/J6uoI

archive.is/y6vN3

Yikes. Imagine working on something for 5 years and then have it be paraded around on the Internet as the flagship of videogame failure. I'd feel bad for him if he didn't work at Gearbox.

I did that too, and I have to say I kind of prefer it. I know the games have innovated with their brand of drop-in multiplayer, but the atmosphere suffers heavily to accommodate XxXPimpSlayer888XxX invading.

Could you imagine such a fate? Getting up each day for 9-10 hours on average for eight years and working on a game only to see it die in under a month?

In a way, it's really sad.

Is being a mod on the forums for a game like Battleborn by choice.

So long Holla Forums's favorite game. It was """"fun"""" while it lasted.

;_;7

Dance to

(Checked)
Kek, you silly nigga.

Game probably deserved better, but I sure am glad Randy failed.

No

A lot of Overwatch was leftovers of Project Titan, and Metzen's shitty drawings when he was a college kid sonsofthestorm.com/report_soldier76.html

Lawbreakers is next boys.

if that game wouldn't have any moba mechanics and wasn't coded by code monkeys, it would be a really good game. i had a great time with it in the first few months until people realized how to play mobas and it turned into a creep-farming snore fest.

sales can't fall if you're in zero G
or never made any to begin with

That's "Free Trial" not F2P you shitlord

Why are krautcucks so pathetic?

Ah yes, that game we all want so badly but have never heard of.

Best birthday present ever.

The game's premise is pretty neat and would make an amazing game, anime or comic book/manga if it were done by people who are talented but instead it's wasted on a shitty Oyveywatch clone.

I saw Brink for 10 bucks at the store last week.

JUST

Video almost made me feel bad about it, thinking about the work that was put into it, the devs staying up late nights, Cliffy B doing what he thought was best even when he was horribly wrong.

Right up until the "feminism is awesome" line.

Press S to spit on grave.

Holla Forums ALWAYS KNOWS BEST
FUCK YOU RANDY, GO BACK TO MAKING HALF-LIFE EXPANSIONS

GET FUUUUUUUUUUCKED RANDY THIS IS WHAT VIRTUE SIGNALLING GETS YOU
Invisible hand of the free market lol

Were none of you that are saying this even paying attention back before these two launched? Both games were neck and neck in terms of marketing investment. I remember an Overwatch commercial ending only to be followed fifteen seconds later by a Battleborn commercial. They invested heavily in marketing, they just did it all wrong.

For every dollar Blizzard spent on actual commercials they spent a hundred more on viraling it online. Nobody spends more money on marketing than Blizzard.

justice served

I didn't pay attention to BB or OW when they launched, and I don't pay any attention to them now but yeah, if you visit Battleborn's trailer videos on official channel they have like 8 million views. You don't get that many views without marketing