Command and Conquer

Command and Conquer is the best video game series to ever be produced. It's so great that foreign entities, literally the painted enemies of the american factions in the game infiltrated the video games industry to destroy the company who made the game and then also the video games industry entirely as a whole. That's how good, that's how accurate, that's how great command and conquer as a series has been.

Anything with a 3 at the end of it in this series is literal foreign government military level psyop garbage made to kill the series and I regret to admit has worked. Regardless. They could not erase entirely the perfection that was the foundation of the series which is pristine and pure and relevant even in today's political theater.

Just played RA2, fine game. What should be my next one? I only play the campaign.

Generals

Tiberium Sun

I lied you should play Mental Omega.

Play Yuri's Revenge expansion first before playing Mental Omega

Generals is only fun when you play it with Zero Hour. In my opinion, the soundtrack on Generals(& ZH) isn't as memorable as any of the older C&C games because Frank Klepacki wasn't as involved, but it's a damn good multiplayer game.

I got a DVD with a collection of 12 C&C games or maybe a few games and their expansions called "Command and Conquer: The First Decade".

I assume the series eventually got tainted by EA.

Which of the early games are worth playing and which should be avoided?

all of the games on that are good, it's the origin bundle that's got the shit ones on it

We don't talk about that last one where every single thing that was good about the arc was thrown away including tiberium essentially being not a thing anymore, i'm surprised Kane was even left in.

Good to know. I very rarely buy PC games but seems like this was a half a buck well spend.

Generals predicted the current world climate.

fug forgot webm

Tiberium Wars did nothing wrong.

Subahanallah, there are people who realize the greatness of Generals :DDD

Vanilla is ok, but Kane's Wrath is 9/10
Too bad the gameplay is still slow

INFIDEL

If you haven't also played Yuri's Revenge, play that. Otherwise, Generals is fine.

Really is the greatest deal. Well, except Renegade, ignore that shit. I still have multiple copies of RA and RA2YR so that my family could do LAN parties.

Just started playing this the other day and it's insanely well put-together. The soundtrack is badass. Apparently Frank Klepacki actually worked on some of it too. The missions are hard as fuck though and it doesn't let you save mid-mission which busts my balls

frank klepacki is one of the nicest guys in the business. send him an email sometime. also

KANE LIVES

If you're playing Tiberian Sun, you shouldn't forget the Firestorm expansion

I doubt you'd even be able to make Generals nowadays without massive negative publicity.

fucking bike armies riding up and jumping off cliffs

Y'all nigger should try Act of War.

Too bad Act of Aggression was shite.

Radical

MY LIFE FOR YURI!

I agree OP, does anyone have downloads to the originals? Aren't they released for free now?

Also in Red Alert 1 if you win as the Russians at the end Kane kills Stalin (or who ever) and talks to you

Couldn't get this shit running on Win7 for the life of me - why it couldn't just be a standalone I will always understand but never approve of.

Seriously, you are a fucking idiot.

Get out

MY LIFE FOR MASTER YURI
its always nice to see someone post my OC. thank you.

MY LIFE FOR MASTER YURI

MY LIFE FOR MASTER LOLI!

How do I into C&C

Start with Red Alert 2. See if you like it. Then move on to C&C 3 and Generals. Red Alert 3 is an aquired taste. We don't talk about C&C 4 here.

thank you user, you are greatest ally

What was the problem?

Would it have been good?

Always a pleasure.

Well the engine it was worked on was somewhat promising with all the tech it offered, like destructible environment for eg.
The game showed a promise, but what killed it was as always, corporate greed, wanting to jump on the newest bandwagon like assfaggots, wanting to include a "f2p" system, fremium or whatever what is called, than later changing the game so they could implement a in game shop and overall changing it to a multiplayer only, there was a lot of confusion in the management and i feel like devs didint really knew what published wanted them to do.
And finally and thankfully we got a big backslash from the fan who prevented it from being released

I hate to be cynical, but Generals 2 was to be shipped without a single-player element, it was multiplayer only, but with the promise of limited singleplayer content sometime after release. Following on from C&C4, it most likely would have been always online as well.

Like has said, EA themselves didn't know what they wanted out of the game and from my recollection just gave the devs some vague goals to work towards and when the game received too big of a backlash, EA trashed the whole project instead of adding in the shit that people complained was absent, such as single-player and also removing shit like the item shop and the F2P elements.

Not without an Australian General

wtf im looking in this pic?

In addition, Generals 2 was also going to attempt to try and break into the E-sports scene (like C&C4), meaning there would have been an extreme focus on competitive, PvP gameplay which also explains the multiplayer only angle.

Fucking pleb

Patrician reference user

Fucking BASED

"Application unable to launch correctly"

I am using a cracked version of RA2 though, I'm not sure how that would complicate things.

Can you provide proof for any of this to someone's who's never played it? I was always looking to get into C&C at some point.

I wish that Cryengine C&C Game went somewhere.

It works fine on cracked version, are you sure you have Yuri Revenge expansion patched to 1.001 and cracked?

i wish i could play generals online but the netcode is shit and im not using Jewish gameranger

Your loss nigger

Go with Tiberian Sun before CnC3, TS is great but the lack of certain quality of life changes might make it feel a bit lame. Also almost every single game in the series has expansions, all of which are top-tier. Even among people that didn't like CnC3, you will still find people that liked Kane's Wrath.

C&C MMO never ever anons.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

Dune 2000

The intro is amazing.

Seriously, OP. Play RA2 with Mental Omega. I'm enjoying the fuck out of it, the new faction is badass.

i am sorry, what?
CnC 3 is pretty good strategy by todays standards.
A lot of shit has gone downhill since then.

Play Mental Omega AFTER having played RA2 and Yuri's Revenge, since the mod is difficult from the very start and consists almost entirely of infiltration missions.

Nope. It would have been a good looking but ultimately mediocre game with popularity lasting a year before it faded into nothing.

Fucking dropped.
Seriously those were always the worst missions in C&C which boiled down to luck and "YOU MUST GO THIS WAY AND ONLY THIS WAY! YOU ALSO MUST KNOW THE SPAWNS OF EVERY UNIT ON THE MAP!"
Just they are the shittest missions ever yet modders seem to think they are the best thing since sliced bread?

Yeah it was at 1.001.

I ended up just using the standalone-style install where you manually copy over a few .dlls into the folder. So I can't play RA2/YR over CNCnet, but oh well, at least I can play MO now.

I dont know that's it's the best thing ever, I'm more of a mechcommander and TA fan.but it was great fun, and I miss the franchise.no more brotherhood of nod.

Moshi moshi. President Leland Palmer desu.

the look he has on his face before he delivers the space line. Its like he just shit his pants and hes absolutely sure mommy and daddy will never know.

MY LIFE FOR MASTER YURI

Anybody knows where i can get good 6 player maps for Kane's Wrath?

Tried moddb?

I missed live action cutscene in games

infantry units in squads > oversized, single man units
Prove me wrong.

Try the Raid:WW2 it's where they spent the entirety of the game's budget on

Colonel Burton and Jarmen Kell would like a word with you

Just noticed that image almost looks like they ripped Plasma Guns and Shootas from 40k. Then again wouldn't be the first time EA has done that.

Shit forgot too add Tanya, Boris and that nip schoolgril from RA3

Even the Black Lotus is good. I wonder if it was prophetic or just trying to sow the seeds of public acceptance that the Chinese are hackers.

He was the most useless hero honestly.

rtsfags are the most nostalgia blinded of them all and incapable of critical thinking. dont even bother

tiberium wars is still fun though and I'm sure many people would agree. RA2 usually gets the most attention but I've always found tibsun+firestorm to be the best C&C game

firestorm is amazing

and now that i think about it i really miss the random map generator. it is fun to adapt and explore.

RA2 felt too retarded for me, even more so than RA3. I missed the alternative Cold War scenario from RA1.

Fixed that for you. And I can say the same, in that even with RA2 being my first Red Alert game, I LOVE RA1. The serious ambient of the game compared to the more chessy Tiberian Dawn was so well done that I found it baffling why did Westwood choose to go to full GI-Joe style for RA2.

Red Alert was always goofier than normal C&C, at least the allied campaign in RA1 was, they just took the game further into the goofy side with 2 and then EA went full retard with 3.

RA2 was fine. It was combination of futuristic stuff and the Cold War, only a retard doesn't understand why this is.

Red Alert was campy. Red Alert 2 didn't really get the memo (likely due to increasing EA influence) and wound up goofy instead.
It was still a good game unlike Red Alert 3, which is just as good as Generals and C&C3.