Why can't we have nice things?

The remakes of III and IV sold well and were pretty well-recieved by critics, so why the fuck did Square just stop at IV? I remember being hyped as shit to see them remake V and VI after playing the IV remake, but it just never happened. Hell, it's easy fucking money for them. You don't need high-poly models or a new script for a project like this, so they're bound to turn a profit. I just don't get why they just fucking dropped the whole concept.

Please leave FFV alone

V deserves to get the same treatment IV did. No story changes, no gameplay changes. Just a graphics overhaul, some balancing tweaks, and MAYBE voice acting. While IV's use of voice acting wasn't spectacular or anything it still was an improvement imo.

Why do you want a remake? Why not just play the games that have already been released? What about the updated rereleases on GBA? What about the older PSX games?

Reminder: Enix has never actually developed a game itself and is whoring out Squaresoft's cash cow for perverse pleasures.

:^)

I'll never understand the mentality of remakefags either.

Because I want to see how these games could look and sound like with modern tech, even if it's just on a handheld. The originals are great and they'll never stop being great, but III and IV on the DS honestly felt like they improved on the originals, and I wanted to see if Square could bring that same level of polish to V and VI.

That's not an overhaul, that's just a reskin. A VERY shitty one at that.

I liked the IV DS remake for what it was myself (also helps that Mato endorses it as having the most accurate English script for FFIV despite its flowery wording), but a lot of anons seem to find it and the other remakes/ports that were put out for the DS, mobile, and steam poor. And I still don't get how an otherwise decent third party company like Matrix Software (who were stuck as Square's remake/port bitch for a number of years, but had prior made Alundra, DQ V PS2, Avalon Code, etc) can go from FF III and IV DS to making the rather clashing mobile/steam port of V and VI, though since Square-Enix isn't exactly known for being the sharpest knife in the drawer, maybe they forced such problems as the one holding the paycheck because they thought it a smart move. I don't know. At least they seem to be done with Square now, though their games have entered "Never-ever" territory as far as English audiences are concerned.

I still think something better could have been done with not just the sprites there (IE: don't redo shit into visually clashing with background elements), but even the text. Choose something better than just white Helvetica, pop the text, and do something so the speaker's name pops out more: an underline, hell, even tabbing the actual dialogue over would help a lot. Makes me wonder how the Japanese version handles such a thing.

Games don't age well. Even the best games aren't fun to play after time passes. Except for tetris.

Those were awful. Sacrificing the amount of enemies they can put on screen just so they can fit their large models. Some had some bad designs too like FF3 not giving you the exp needed from the buffed, fewer enemies or FF4's bizarre skill transferring system. And worst of all, locking content behind a lame message system that relied on you sending other real people messages just so you can fight the post game boss. Don't have anyone to send a message to? Well fuck you kid.

If we're going to have any sort of remake. They need to be like the PSP FF1-2 remake.

Fuck you Super Punch Out and Metal Slug 3 will always be fun to play.

Oh god, you didn't play with English voices, did you?

I'd definitely say that Final Fantasy VI has aged very well. V hasn't aged quote as well but it's still fun.

I never had any issues leveling up in Final Fantasy III, in fact I was pretty overleveled by the time I reached Cloud of Darkness, and do you REALLY need to face like 6 enemies at a time at the start of the game?

Of course not, however from what I've heard the English voices weren't necessarily… the worst thing ever?

And what's wrong with them that doesn't just boil down to "it's not glorious nippon so i don't like it"

>looked like a 5% compressed jpeg, the map tiles didn't even tile

No, I've already used my Monkey's Paw to bring Matrix back to the Shining series.

This is bait.

So then there really is nothing wrong with it then, good to know.

Niggers the game is easy as fuck thanks to the job system. Of course a casual board like Holla Forums would think FFV is hard.

Fucking this, I just played it for the first time last month and it was a fine game. Game's easy due to a system that allows you to mix and match shit and post game is just being 4 freelancers with max everything.
But the job system gives the freedom to try different things on different runs. Looking forward till next year when I'll probobly play it again to relax and remember it all as I go.
Why the fuck was the reason for this game not coming out overseas originally being too hard, WTF it makes no sense

I haven't finished FF5 yet, but I played FF6 right before it and I noticed a pretty large difference in difficulty. It's not like it was impossible, but the first few hours are pretty brutal if you're not grinding like a madman.

Can't we just get a Final Fantasy with hand-drawn anime style sprites?

Well fam, they can't.

let them ignore V. V is a treasure that normalfags should never touch.