Ys VIII

Should I buy this game for PS4 or wait for the PC version?

In my country, the price of the PC version is half of the PS4 version. Is it worth?

I would say wait because NISA fucked the localization, it's a very fun game but I highly recommend pirating it and using the fan patch, However if you can't wait then it's one of the top contenders in my personal GOTY list

Oh and while not everyone is like this, expect some goon shitposters or people who just hate NISA (for good reason) accusing you of being a shill.

I am never giving NISA another dime. Why would Nihon Falcom fuck of this badly? Why would they do this? Just to suffer? won't stop hurting… It's like Xseed are all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give it back.

I would assume Falcon used NISA because NISA promised them a quick and easy PC port. Now I'm pretty sure Falcom is pissed at them.

Because xseed was undeniably a public embarrassment and was behind at every milestone. Its obvious why they chose nisa.

Op get the physical copy on ps4. It'll appreciate in value and if you arw unhappy with it, you'll make money back in the long run.

I would assume XSEED's been taking too long with bringing stuff over lately for Falcom's liking, and that they'd trade better quality English scripts for swifter returns of profit. Saw something a while back that it might not even just be Ys they take from XSEED, but perhaps even Legend of Heroes as well.

PC version will be shit, buy a used copy of the PS4 version so NISA don't get your money.

Or just pirate the PC version, why are you considering paying NISA for such a shit job?

lmao, you have a ps4?

Import the PS4 version, pirate the PC version when it releases.

Why buy both my fellow independent video game customer! I know I did! Can't have enough of this awesome totally new game!

code*

Because Kondo is apparently butt buddies with the NIS CEO.
I wouldn't be surprised the bulk of the decision to use NISA was over a drunken
kind of exchange in some shitty sushi place after work.

Guys, just buy the game on Vita, PS4 and PC, NISA deserves your money and if you disagree and think the localization should be better, you are just a salty xseed fanboy trying to boycott the game. Fuck off and buy the game you pieces of shit.

thats nice, I don't care about NISA but it's undeniable the public image you subscribe to is far more niche than xseed having suicidal translators who's depression resulted in a product being delayed for months on end. If you can't see this reality and just want to sit behind your imageboard autism, go for it, but you're going to continue to fail to grasp how the industry functions and never find a way to reverse the things you hate.

if you were dumb enough to buy a PS4 to begin with i see no reason for you to stop being dumb now, just keep doubling down until you're flat broke or dead ; no other way to go about it

Ironic.

That's every country

The answer should be obvious.

Wild NISA cocksucker appears!

Seriously go gas yourself.

There are actual NISA employees that browse this board which was confirmed when they announced they were pissing all over Ys. Notice how all the ones actually defending NISA are all one and done posts?

that's a great way to affect change

NISA is giving me a lot of money, I'm a translator. Hope you like my wall nut pun!

I do.

good start for personal growth, not meaningful enough for market change.

Every person who learns Japanese is a person completely detached from the market that NISA targets. It doesn't take that much to affect such a niche market.

I was actually thinking about buying the PC version for Falcom's sake, but after NISA seeming to try their God damn hardest to conform everybody's worst suspicions, I'll just pirate it instead and hope for an undub/fansub.
I'm sorry, Kondo-taichou.

I'd say wait on the PC version, maybe if the localization a shit there could be a translation, or an undub version, and at the very least you can pirate it and avoid giving money to NISA.
Speaking of Ys what's the best game and why is it Origin?

And moreover when's the PC version anyways? Wasn't it supposed to hit due this 12th?

DELAYED INDEFINITELY

I just saw a new Ys and jumped on it. Its too late now. Sorry fam.

How badly did I fuck up? What did NISA do?

I find it hard to believe you didn't know. This is a niche game with little marketing besides videos that all mention the publisher, how would you even know it came out without research? It's possible, sure, I can believe it could happen, but it's unlikely. It seems more like you're trying to avoid being called mean words by another user to me. In case I'm right that you're not being true, please be honest in the future. There are even anons who play Ubisoft games here and they have a growing Rainbow Six thread going on right now. If they can be honest and disregarded angry anons until they went away, why can't you bear a few initial moments of displeasure? Sure, my thinking you're afraid to say the truth is based on an assumption, but it's a logical one in this context. Sorry if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Anyway, from what I've researched and seen myself apparently they didn't screw it up much and it's decent, but not exactly high quality. No memes or censorship being found after 5 days means they don't exist or else you'd see them being pointed out in this thread, so there's only a few awkward translations. If you have it like you say you do, why not check it out for yourself? Post your findings whether they're positive, negative or in the middle.

Because Falcom doesn't give a shit about Western release and just wanted a nice big cheque.

It's really as simple as that. Do you really believe retarded theories like "oh yeah one of the contracted translators was depressed and Falcom didn't like that lol" Japan companies don't give a shit what happens in the West, they give the rights to whoever gives the best deal and that's it.
NISA probably went all out on this because they have been losing franchises left and right. The promised PC port also probably weighed in their favor so much for that now that it was cancelled at the last second, of course

Why is this hard to understand?

You're right it's all about money, but this is not a retarded theory. If a release is delayed in the west, Falcom definitely starts caring as they will also get their money later, and that's objectively bad for them. Nobody wants their money later in any business, you want to act on the shekels in your hand, you cannot act on ones that are theoretical. If Xseed was stupid enough to admit "oh, our translator was suicidal and delayed it for months" or Falcom researched to check that, that definitely had a bad impact. Delays because of bad ports or releasing bad ports are common things in the gayming industry, but delay because of a suicidal translator is an undeniably more eye-raising thing that will make you lose reliability in someone's eyes. Of course we have no way to know if Xseed revealed that to them, but if Falcom knows about this, the theory is definitely correct although that's also not the sole reason.

Delays are probably the primary reason why. Xseed delayed almost every single Falcom game they've had their hands on, but wanna know why this is not a problem for NISA's release? That's because they've secured preorders with Valve. You can still buy it, and it'll probably be 2 weeks to 1 month before it comes out if their thread on Steam is any indication. Falcom can likely see the shekels already, so the delay is not an issue unless a big wave of refunds happens, and that's not happening. Think with your mind and not your heart, how many people will actually refund because of a delay when so many Falcom games were delayed on Steam?

What? Its still coming soon™ on steam.

I mean its fun, good bosses but personally my favorite game is the original (ether TG16 or Chronicles+). The bump system is just Comfy and the Music is great.
There is just something wonderful about bite-sized RPG's that I love. For example FO1 is in my option superior to its sequel. Quality is better than Quantity and with Re-playable games Quantity always trumps Quantity (see MGSV GZ vs TPP)

NISA never ever FOREVER!

If I'm not mistaken, the suicide attempt was made by an employee of Carpe Fulgur, to which Xseed outsourced part of the translation effort of SC.

that's correct. it also mostly seemed like him just throwing a bitch fit because work is hard.

i bought their previous localizations, and this is how they reward me.
supporting publishers never works.

Truly PC is master race.

He is right, from the standpoint of a company choosing a publisher this sort of thing having happened definitely is a problem. How often do you hear of similar things happening compared to, let's say, bad ports which are pretty common? Are you so certain it's too illogical a conclusion that they would not find it acceptable mental illnesses delayed the time they got their hands on PC gaymer money that the user stating such a thing can be safely disregarded? Do you deny Falcom might have found a problem in the fact that it has occured to their game, which is what was he pretty much indicated? It must've had an impact, that and other things, if they knew. Facts and arguments do not disappear when you scream or find them unpleasant.

Also, another one. Is the postcount a definitive way to determine whether someone's correct, or do you lack arguments and simply choose to find an excuse to disregard his post? There must be tons of wrong anons here as out of 40+ replies, a total of 30 UIDs are found, with an (1) even pointing out there's (1) and dones, which is pretty weird. Several (2)s and (3)s posting within an hour of each post, which a paranoid fellow could easily also call ID switching. It's stupid. If any user you assume ID switched comes back, your posts lose reliability and if he doesn't, you can't even beat his argument with him away? And unstable connections can change your ID, like mine changes every two days or x hours, though it is the first ID I posted here under, but I'm pretty much always transparent or at least easy to point out if I forget.

I don't get what you mean by that, you can pre-order on consoles too? Only physical pre-orders for Switch right now, however, but it might not be permanent. You cannot blame PC for what is everywhere.

I think we both know how it looks from the outside.

Quite terrible. I'd never wish for anyone to go through this kind of thing in their lives.
I think I know what you mean and I agree. However, NISA has proven time and again that they are unable to ship a satisfying product - never mind the artistic freedom they grant themselves regarding localisations, they regularily manage to release a less stable version of the game they were localising.
I pre-ordered TWatHK back then because I heard my main man Banpai Akira was on-board as a designer, and we both know how that turned out. NISA, on their part, never fixed the issue. It's not even that they didn't apologize for it - they weren't acknowledging it in the first place.
So, if you ask me, I'd rather have a functioning product and a responsive customer support and wait (admittingly, more than a little) than radio silence and a product that may or may not cause permanent damage to my hardware right now.
I can understand that Falcom had to make a decision here, but as a customer, this sure looks like they chose to supply me with an inferior product. And I was ready to bite the bullet and just deal with NISA's shit to show support for the series, but after they announced an indefinite delay the day before release, I expect nothing but the worst.

Oh no I despise gamers in general. I just find it funny when people talk about how much better the PC community is.

It has all gone to hell years ago.

I've researched after your post, and they've apparently gotten Durante to help them. Unless they just gave him Steam beta access for no reason, it might actually turn out decent. While I say the truth (or do I?), I won't post a link to prove it to encourage anons not to believe random guys and check their claims.

Don't you think you're a gamer yourself? If you do, I hope you at least made yourself one of the exceptions to this hate. You really shouldn't hate yourself. Grab a random memri image you've likely seen already to maybe cheer up.