With bigger and better ways to store media...

With bigger and better ways to store media, games are rapidly becoming bigger and more bloated pieces of shit than ever before, to the point where Final Faggotry XV is going to be 170GB. So the question is, how would you kill this cancer before it becomes terminal?

Irrelevant. There is nothing we can do about it at all.

>>>/ovens/ please.

If I were a dev with a massive game, I'd lower the quality of the textures, audio and other assets, and strip all non-English dialogue. Then I'd have the original assets and other language options as a separate download, or free DLC, or something else that makes it easy to get the game the way it's supposed to be.
That way if you don't have enough storage space you can still play the game, but if you do you can download the full size assets.

while I don't agree with the hillary supporting falsefaggot (1) poster. I don't know what a discussion will do to prohibit this cancerous bloat.

That's how they did it in the 90s and early 2000s. I don't know why developers forgot about this old trick. I remember "half-installs" where you installed lower quality assets but it'd take way less space and the game would run better most of the time.

Thanks for the input, faggot
Pic related

Just cutting up non-native languages and leaving them as separate downloads would help greatly into curbing the bloat, that and replacing FMVs with in-engine cutscenes.

I'd like to think active discussion is better than burying your head into the ground.

I don't disagree, but discussion alone is just demoralizing.

But user, they totally needed that FMV that was just pieces from their stupid Advent Children 2 movie! There was no way they could have done it in-engine!

You may find demoralizing, I find it interesting. And maybe, just maybe, other people will start demanding better optimization.
Hell, I already know some normalfags who are hesitant into buying new games just because they don't have the space for it.

Of course, what was thinking? There's no way anybody can make thrilling cinematic experiences without the use of FMVs!

that is sorta how FFXV currently is, the 170 gb requirement is assuming you own all the DLC. Without all the DLC the game is still 60GB. I own the game on disk on PS4 and it still forces a fucking 60GB install. I wouldn't care as much if it was actually a great game, I know at least 10 GB was for a boring ass "Moogle Chocobo Carnival" that went on for about a week in august but now is not even accessible. I would have perfected a god damn Hard-Mode or Tactical-Mode. The game had potential to be great but it chose to be "accessible" which makes everything to easy and boarding. For such a surprising shallow game to take up so much real estate is a crime against humanity.

You don't, you just play games you like and have fun.

but non of OP's examples are "fun" things
or was that your point?

If he played fun games he wouldnt bitch about muh storage.

stop being a poorfag and buy more hard drives

/thread

Let the cancer reach critical mass until it kills itself while staying far, far away from it.

Don't buy those shitty games. Games run so much better on SSDs, but these developers are still developing them with huge HDDs in mind for some reason.

Fuck off squarecuck

buy a big ssd
theyre not even that expensive

Sorry, not all of us have neetbucks to waste.

Not an argument. We are in no position to effect meaningful change in any capacity. In no way can you or others stop games from bloating. Fantasies of “what would we do if we were in charge” are irrelevant, because we’re not.

Cool story, man. Everything is futile and nothing you do will ever change anything, why not just buy a rope and hang yourself? Faggot.

You are illiterate. This is the best you can do?
lol, enjoy your blackpill shilling.

then stick to flash games then if you cant afford real games

honestly i dont why this deserves a thread

kek delivered these hitlertrips to agree that this thread is stupid

NO FUCK U TODD!

Seems like you're the one who cannot read.

You can stop now squarecuck

jej

Lower audio quality a fuck ton, it's rarely noticeable unless the game is mostly quiet our heavy on sound design.
No prerendered 4k videos.
Compress most textures.

That's really about it.

But that's going to be ~1GB per hour of content. That's almost reasonable.
Compare that to the first picture in your post, or any other Zenimax shitshow. That's already 50GB for an hour of unique content at best. TES6 will be so large you'll need an SSD RAID0 just to run the game.

please off yourself

b.b.b.b.but the part that is infuriating, is that while I will likely not replay FFXV any time in the near future. I don't want to have to re-download the roughtly thirteen (way over 30 GB) required files just to play the game. So instead I have it stored on an external drive It's honestly has to eventually lead to diminishing returns on sales at some point. The problem is that the normalfags who play these games likely don't even know what the difference between a bit, kb, mb, gb, tb really even is so it doesn't factor into their initial purchasing decision.

go take a helicopter ride leftycuck

Lower that to 3GB

What is with the retards? Summer is over.

goons

Cuckchan crossposters. Expect them to post their ban notices from there because they called someone nigger

Microshit of all companies actually made some strides in helping to reduce game sizes.

But then they fucked it all up by making everything plugins to AppX/UWP containers and are rolling out the initiative on a dead console with no games.

Great argument, fuckface.

user you are missing the joke of the edit.

You do realize that what you are doing is in violation of Rule 8. If you don't like a thread just filter it (shift+click on it in the catalogue). As apposed to trying desperately to use sage as a down vote.
>>>/reddit/

Still no argument. Cry more, you fucking bitch. Provide evidence to support your claim or enjoy the sage.

filtered

fucking WEW lad

FMV Fantasy is a lost cause, they've been doing this since 7.

The perfect way to cut down on space is to prerender everything and take out the game. You save space by excluding the textures, models, music, programming, and everything not necessary for an experience.

I'm actually impressed with the minimum and recommended specs for GTA V.

Speaking of FF7 Remake how many Terabytes will the full game be considering "Part one" is only going to be roughly 1/4 of Disk One? After all they said its only going to be up until they first leave Midgar. If FFXV is 170GB and the FF7 remake is 1/4 of Disk One. Then does that mean the whole game will end up being over 2TB's with Kingdom Hearts style combat?

I wonder if Kingdom Hearts 3 will be over 170GB's?

This, most people, even those who think themselves as connoisseurs of sound, hifists or whatever the fuck they think they are have too shit of a hearing to actually notice the subtle differences in quality, it's just placebo for most people.

The actual game will be 15-20gb's at most while the other 200gb's you need to download to play the game is paid "mods". :^)

Shut up you dumb doggo

Another goy gets cucked