Zelda TP is too beautiful for its generation

I modded the HUD out of the game and took some free-cam OC screenshots for my bros here.

How did they manage to make a game this beautiful and interactive on fucking GAMECUBE? Yeah, I know the pictures are in HD, but even when I play SotC in HD on PCSX2 it looks like crap and is still completely static and omits colors.

What black magic is this? It also has a perfect framerate.

It unironically looks better than BotW around some parts.

Cartoonish artstyle helped. It's harder to make something realistic stand the test of time.

It looks like MGS3 but without any of the visual fidelity.
You zelda fanboys are either very easily impressed or don't play games beyond Nintendo stuff.

King Kong looks better than that, even for the PS2 port. Also, Oblivion came out a few months earlier.

SH games too.

It's not really cartoonish, I think.

No, it doesn't. And I have no idea what you mean by visual fidelity. You can interact and cut the grass in Zelda, things perfectly align to the ground (fishing line, Link's feet), there are wind effects that equally affect everything in the game (it blows the grass, clouds and even Link's clothes and banners in the same direction), everything throws a shadow that usually reacts to the closest light source, Link's clothes get wet, water bumps off his body, there are many different animals with an actual AI, it has probably 2,000 times the assets of MGS3 and is way more varied.

Meh.
The color pallette is too yellow-shifted and muted for my liking. Even in the light world, it always feels like you're walking around in a thin cloud of mustard gas or some shit. I found that game's setting to be grim and depressing as fuck.
WW is, to me, the perfect example of how a Zelda game should look. Colors so vibrant you need shades to play without squinting. Fuck yeah.

King Kong has better physics, more poly count, and fire mechanics that aren't found in Zelda. Hell, Gothic 2 looks better than this bro.

Hell go back to 2004 and look at Far Cry.

You posted a screenshot where the character's feet are clipping through the ground.
Nice shadows here in the 4th screenshot>>13414977
You're nothing but a delusional fanboy. Did you buy a Wii U too?

And yeah, the trees and grass also gets blown by the wind in Gothic 2.

I never played Zelda in my life. Should I try emulating BotW?

OK.

Its essentially Skyrim made by nintendo
Its pretty dull

Please not this aggressive fanboy shit in my thread.

I'm sure you know what i meant by the feet aligning to the ground. I think Uncharted does something similar. Most games of that time don't, though. Of course there is still some clipping here and there, even in Uncharted.

Nigger you're the only aggressive fanboy here.
Even Kingdom Hearts did it.
Every sentence you type it makes it incredibly obvious that you don't play games beyond your platform exclusive stuff.

If your PC is good enough. Mine is just like that. It's an amazing game, albeit overrated. Incredible dungeons and fun level design no other open world game does. And of course even more interactivity than Twilight Princess.

What? Where?

Because Kingdom hearts always attached a lot of importance to cinematics and graphics, even more so than Final Fantasy, for obvious reasons.That "even" doesn't really make sense.

What does that have to do with anything?
You were the one claiming that most games of the time didn't have feet which aligned to the ground. I provided you with a counter example of a game made 4 years before your favorite nintendo cash cow.

It is called TWILIGHT princess you know. Do you know what twilight looks like?

The water animations are impressive af. Too bad the game isn't very good though, they should've put more thought into the level design and mechanics.

Nah, it's a really slow and tedious game.

Even Skyrim is less boring.

Sorry to say this bro, but zelda tp didn't look anything really special even for it's gen. It's not like graphics really matter either though. FC1 has great graphics but I stopped playing it because it was a shit game.

I don't really care about level design when it comes to open world. Just keep it from feeling dull, and BoTW failed at that.

Yeah, I know what it's called and I know why they colored it that way. It's still inferior. It gets points for fitting the theme, but that's about all.
A Zelda game called "Shit Princess" filled with feces wouldn't be automatically "beautiful" just because they stuck to a turd-based theme.

Points for making it look all twilight-y, but they could have made only the twilight world look like ass and let the light world look pretty - at least then there would have been a real contrast and made the dichotomy more stark.

Not like a piss filter you retarded Nintendrone.

Theyre tiny.

I still remember when Nintendrones were defending the retarded amount of bloom in Windwaker "HD"

Yeah i should have figured youve never gone outside before.

The game has a day and night cycle you autistic fanboy.
Do you know what Twilight mean?

First time I hear this. Everyone always claims it's a 10/10 game and perfect. I always felt like the 1% not believing it's perfect.

Although I wouldn't say it's dull either.

Then we're looking at different screenshots or it's just our taste. No idea.

Most AAA games as big and varied as TP looked like this back then. Feet not aligning to the ground, BLOB shadows, water is literally just a texture like in Ocarina of Time, everything is static and can't interact with anything. Also notice how Vaan's abs are literally concave. They fucked up the texturing and make his muscles look like holes instead of bumps.

Yep, Mario Galaxy looks great on Dolphin

And there are literally current game games that look worse and are less interactive than Twilight Princess or Wind Waker.

As I said, with every post you make it becomes increasingly obvious you don't really play video games that much.
FEAR 1 was released in 2005, a year before Twilight Princess and it has full real time shadows on all objects.

Those outdoor environments honestly look like dogshit.

Do you know what an art style is?

That's every person who only plays console games, they are oblivious to the fact that the PC was ahead of consoles in the graphics department since the mid 90s.

Art Style isn't a magic word that gives free pass to have shitty visuals.

It's pretty dull for a sandbox game. It's slow, the progression sucks, and there isn't much depth. Morrowind is how every sandbox game is supposed to be.

AAA Japanese games maybe. The Americans and Europeans were making an incredible amount of innovations back in those days that weren't even heard of by most Japanese companies.

Actually it does.

To provide an example of this, Bump mapping was pretty much non existent in Japanese games for some reason.
Thats why the abs on Vaan are completely flat and the walls are all smooth despite being made of cobblestone.

Examples?

Thats what happens when you rely on a strong art style instead of raw graphical power.

The Rogue Squadron games on Gamecube are more technically impressive than anything Nintendo made for the system.

is this a joke? are these pictures supposed to show the game in a good light? it looks horrendous. blocky, dull, abrupt transitions, poor design, and the drawings alone arent even appealing with the exception of some of the interiors.
the n64 zelda games were more appealing than this. there are ps1 and ps2 games that are more graphically impressive.
am i blind? or is this tongue in cheek criticism

Its just a no-standard Nintendrone.

Examples?

Whatever black magic they used to even run GTA IV.

RIP LucasArts, and George Lucas for that matter.

Examples? Cmon people at least back up your words.

Gonna have to disagree with you. These dark splotches with hard edges don't exactly make a good water texture. The reflections are making up for it.

These structures look like something from Halo 1 and there's no hard divide between the earth they stand on and the structure itself. It's just a crappy fade between them that doesn't express any difference between the surfaces.

Underwater, viewing the aforementioned blotchy water texture from a distance, it manages to look worse. There's a cheap "jitter" distortion filter and skewed bubble glyphs to make it all the worse.

The distortion of link when he's near the surface looks much better than that shitty jitter distortion from underwater.

BotW has some shit draw distance, but when you go back to TP it's worse. Just look at the texture on that low-LOD hill. It looks like a noisy checkered pattern between a light and darker yellowish green.

I think OP is grappling with that weird "older game = better game" of Zelda fans that happens every time some new shit comes out. Can't wait to hear how great Skyward Sword is.

It was already happening when BotW got released.

I bet OP was one of those hardcore defenders of Turok 64's 2-meter fogging. Ambience and artistic choice!!

skyward sword looks pretty good too

Thanks for the screens, OP. Neat pics.

TP was one of the last great Zelda games, though it marked the beginning of a downward trend with an overly story focused narrative, and I still like ALttP and OoT more. One of my favorite things was the scope of everything in TP, from the enemies, dungeons, the world…it was all very "epic" (in a more traditional sense). Still, Midna was the main character, and Link was just a supporting character, and amongst other problems (like the excessive bragging Nintendo made about Link's facial expressions that were worse than every other NPC), the only things that saved it were the classic Zelda adventure formula and a pinch of challenge.

After that we got some okay handhelds and then, what? SS? It wasn't a horrible game, but it was definitely a subpar Zelda game. BotW was fun, sure, but Dragon's Dogma was fun the first time I played it - which is what BotW felt like, just with a Zelda coat pf paint.

Which brings me back around full circle. Why does the game look and play so well even to this day? I think another user mentioned it already, but the designers at the time focused on substance and style rather than trying to force the technology.

tfw it seems like you're the only person that never minded the Wolf Link sections

You have to go fairly cartoony in aesthetics to keep your game from visually aging poorly, and it still happens regardless.

I'm with you, OP. Don't mind the haters.

i meant ps1 is more appealing, not more advanced, but pic related. many ps1 games look really good once you run them on modern hardware.

Forget what you said about ps1 being more graphically impressive that doesn't even look appealing.

Looks like it aged badly to be honest. Even the resolution bump can't help it which is rare.

Wind waker looked better.

while that's usually true, its not always the case. theres plenty of games from that time with a realistic look that still look great. mgs2 comes to mind.

I'm guessing first one is the second Valkyrie Profile. What's the second?

What the fuck is this shit? None of this looks good, everything looks blocky and lifeless, are you blind?

Yeah there are fucking atari games that look better amirite?

What the fuck has Atari to do with the fact that Twilight Princess' visuals aged badly?

Is this bait?

I can appreciate your love for the aesthetic, but calling the game beautiful and likening it to BoTW is foolish.

spyros bright colors, simple textures, and maps look way better than the ugly lifeless textures and unappealing poly transitions in TP. maybe you didnt look at the TP pics posted in this board and only looked at this spyro one? the same complaints you mentioned exist in every single TP shot.

valk profile 2.

some more ps2 games for context/comparison.

You sir have lost your mind.

no u
possibly.

Graphics look dated, but it had great detail.

People complained about it being too dark, but I thought that it was a step forward. Now it's too cutesy and oversaturated color Tumblr-tier stuff.

while i dont agree with TP looking good, even for the time, its worlds better than this shit.
environments were pretty tho

(((Graphics)))

Twilight Princess would have looked much nicer with more vibrant and less muddy graphics, but Nintendo fell for the brown&bloom meme.

I don't know if it's because TP was your first Zelda game, but you're clearly seeing it through brown tinted glasses.

Skyward sword could have looked really nice, but the yellow off-white lighting really bothers me and hurts my eyes. Is there a mod to fix this in dolphin?

It honestly blows when people hate dark settings or subject matter. I get that people use it to escape a harsh reality, but it's uninteresting because everything is so inoffensivemy unrealistic.

I see what you did there.

What about Conker's Bad Fur Day, where everything is bright and happy and colorful, but also "offensively realistic" as you would put it.
Things don't have to be safe-space powderpuff Kirby games just because they have beautiful and vibrant colors, and things don't have to be grim and depressing just because their art is grim and depressing. If anything, games that have starkly clashing themes between their visual style and their setting are the best of both worlds.

Imagine STALKER with all of its horrors, but the sky is always a bright vibrant blue and the grass and trees always a lush green. It'd be beautiful and disarming and the horror would be heightened because you'd constantly be off-guard as a result.
For a practical example of the inverse, look at Don't Starve - it's a cutesy silly game about bumbling about the wilderness running from paper-cutouts from a kid's book, but the art style looks like it was drawn by a terminally depressed schizophrenic.

So cemu is a thing, does BoTW have lower graphics/assets in WiiU than the NSwitch version?

that was actually a mistake, i meant to post the pic i posted in in its place… but yea, it does blend in with those ps2 games despite being 1.5 generations ahead.

look at a game like dark souls. as dark as the game is, there is beauty in even its "ugliest" areas.
then there are games that are just dark and depressing and arent appealing as a result.
most games that go for the "dark" either have moments of quiet "light" (stalker) that act as a relief from the horror which makes it more memorable. alternately they make the game with a somber/quiet beauty in its horror and really never offer any "relief" (dark souls)

but some games just have nothing but dark, and it ends up being unappealing.

No, the games are straight up identical.

Just because a game is dark, that doesn't mean it has to be dull.

Looks like the game has DLC and a more recent version, i'll look into it.

Probably because the Gamecube looked better than the PS2.

Jesus Christ this all looks right fucking terrible. This doesn't look "ahead of its time" or shit, this is graphically looks like a generation prior, not ahead. Get your eyes fucking fixed.

This.

Minus the weapon accuracy thing sure, but would rather see nintendo inntegrate the tools into the game as well instead of going real lazy with the tools like botw did.

They look like a clown vomited on your screen and the colors were slapped together without any thought on pallate. A better example to back you arguments would be jak and daxter, that just harms it. I can agree that twilight princess abused the checker texture for the ground too much though. Should have used a fading texture based on distance to camera instead.

I wish xenoblade x did not get all the worst qualities of open world games.
And I hope the next zelda takes more cues from souls games in terms of combat control, enviroment, enemy design and world building, because sandbox is not working out that well.

I think that it looks like shit, the overused bloom, depressed palettes and butt 7gly characters don't help it.

Are you really this underage? It's a Gamecube game. Most games 1/4 as big and with 1/8 as many assets looked like this back then.

Sometimes I feel like everyone on Holla Forums is a mentally retarded troll. Literally mentrally retarded.

OK, my subhuman friend who is clearly too young to remember the generation in question. Don't post niggers in my thread, though.

That's why Twilight Princess was ahead of its time. Well, not really of its time but of its generation.

If you said Wind Waker, I'd agree with you.
But you keep accidentally saying Twilight Princess, so you're wrong. Sorry, bud.

TP does literally everything WW does but much more.

Wow great screenshots in 4K on Dolphin.

Game still looks like darkened shit on Wii and GameCube. Wii U only barely helps.

Not the point. The point is HD fixes the fucking godawful dark lighting. Sure, TP is a darker Zelda but it don't gotta be pitch black.

Do all Nintendrones suffer from autism and insecurity?

The problem isn't the graphics on a technical level, the problem is the ugly art direction.

Plenty of games from that generation look far better.

I don't even know what to tell you. Seek help.

Well, that's just perfectly subjective. I don't like the FFXII art at all, for example.

I think that a good example would be FFT. It had a cute art style that contrasted with the dark storyline of war and church corruption. It's brown and not saturated with bright colors though.

im going to go ahead and disagree with you there, champ.

when i first played oot, i thought the "z targeting" combined with way attacks chopped the sign would eventually lead to really in depth swordfighting. "wow can you imagine the next generation of zelda?" still waiting…

holy shit user get your shit together.

describes 2nd pic in tbh
kinda grasping at straws here but ok, not bad, but not impressive for the time, but it def beats out n64 and ps1. so i guess you can call that a victory.
describes every pic, especially 4th pic in perfectly.

heres a pic from a ps2 game from before that time, for comparison.

agreed, also compare the trees in your third pic to the tree in 1st pic of
wtf were they thinking?

Is this the only time Zelda had blood after Ocarina of Time?

It isn't even that. He is completely making shit up to prop up TP.

Where did I say I hate Twilight Princess? I don't know if your mental retardation makes you take longer to type but for me posting isn't some arduous process. I do it to pass time.

That just means you have shit taste which completely invalidates your opinions

No, the water in TP is not just a still texture and no blob shadows are not "grasping at straws", they are absolutely fucking disgusting and already were 20 years ago. I never even understood why developers did it. Even the way Ocarina of Time did shadows was better.

Then why are you posting a game which still uses them as a hallmark of technical prowess when it was surpassed years ago?

I like dark and depressing environments. Not because I'm edgy, but because like you said, it makes anything bright, beautiful, or happy stick out the most.

The saturated colorful environments don't feel special to me.

wow. are you serious?
the water looks like greasy shit. and the "water" effects are n64 metal mario liquid tier.
and yes, showing low detail jaggy dynamic shadows as a reason TP looks better than a PS2 game is grasping at straws.
"oh the whole game looks like shit? but the shadows are more advanced!"

They're not even real shadows. Twilight Princess has no lighting system to speak off.

Yeah, people who don't like Square Enix faggots in some generic, static deserts that could be LITERALLY ANY franchise and blocky PS1 towns and fucked up texture colors that makes all character look like wooden dolls and make muscles look like holes instead of bumps must have shittaste.

Good to know where you're coming from, though.

Twilight Princess has normal shadows for characters. Not sure what you're smoking.

I ignore you from now on since I don't want to feed into your autism and so far every single psot you made is agressive fanboy shitposting that's not worth my time. Thank god for IDs.

Forgot a picture of this ugly mess. Literally the only thing that looks decent about FFXII were the cutscenes due to post-processing and the skybox.

Where are they?

It's there, but it's simple lighting like baked lighting.

You purposely chose the worst screenshot of the worst version of GUN to make your point.

i like bright environments. dunno why i just enjoy them, but i cant enjoy dark and dingy unless it takes one of those 2 directions i mentioned. metro is as dark as i can handle.
"fuck i hate these subways theyre so fucking creepy"
"oh thank god im in a glorified underground portapotty filled with communists… lets relax here for a bit"

Yeah, you call things shit. That's very impressive. The water is still way more detailed than in, for example, FFXII. Or even Metroid Prime, which people hyped for its graphics.

I'm happy my pictures got all that attention, though. Game deserves it.

You know what game looks really good when you bump up the internal res? Yakuza 2. Only problem is the occasional ghosting.

And comparing it to emulator screenshots of another game may I add.

The only bad thing about Vaan is the texture work on his abs. His entire design has more detailed texture work than anything in Twilight Princess.
Even something like Nanobreaker has cleaner textures than Twilight Princess.

That whole shitstain of a game was a fucking mess. It also had some weird bright effect that made feel ill after several minutes of playtime

Now go try it on the real hardware.

jesus user. do you seriously think that looks good? i'd take a half transparent solid blue overlay over that ugly mess.
and look at how that grass doesnt even blend in, it just sits on top and doesnt even match the area like it was procedurally generated.

mario sunshine had MUCH prettier water.
spyro for ps2 had better water
but i mean… i guess it beats waverace 64 is that a big enough "win" for you to cling to?

talking about the games… not hardware limitations

It only has that much detail because they accepted it'd run at 1/3 the framerate of every other game.

I don't remember twilight princess having a bad framerate. Played it on wii though.

I'd say more muddled and blurry than anything. Plus, most of the characters look retarded, like they're missing a few chromosomes or something. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted the game to be cartoony or gritty, so you have this weird mish-mash.

Yep. That cartoonish look of the characters and enemies, combined with the more realistic look of the environments did not mesh well at all. Moblins looked good in WW, but they look like shit in TP because of how badly they clash with the environment.

sotc and ico look far better than twilight princess.

Holla Forums is full of dumbshits who are hungry to prove how totally not baited they are by replying to bait wherever they see it. It's no different than halfchan Holla Forums

If only it didn't run at 15-20fps most of the time…

I recently got a component cable for ly PS2, I thought it was just a meme but boy does it make games look better, especially games like SotC that support 480p

WW has more colors than TP.
WW has a more interesting world than TP.
WW has more interesting characters than TP.
WW has a better story than TP.
WW has more charm than TP.
WW has better gameplay than TP.

The only thing TP has that WW doesn't that's even remotely interesting is that Wild West shoot'em minigame.

It looks amazing in motion. The bloom of the water looks busted in Dolphin screenshots, but you should still get the idea that the water is more than what you have in most games of that generation.

Probably, water is a huge part of the game, though, and it's not as big as Zelda.

No, we were talking about FFXII and other games of the generation and scale of Zelda TP and it pretty much beats all of them.

Only if you are braindead. Then yes.

I was obviously talking about graphics and technical fidelity. TP is using the exact same engine with more tweaks and a realistic, more demanding art style.

RGB looks even better, ps2's y/pb/pr encoding is notably lower quality than its rgb.

the 3D look of simulated fur shaders used for grass looks far better in motion than n64 tier technology used in tp

Are you a big fan of Nintendo like me fellow Nintendo fan! I sure love Nintendo, do it for NINTENDO. Everything is justified when you are fighting for Nintendo, even unfair comparisons of the shittiest stretched SotC screenshot you could find against some good looking emulator screenshots of Zelda!

What the fuck is an RGB?

The picture is about comparing the grass in both games. Doesn't matter if one screenshot is stretched or not. Calm down.

Not even sure how people can shit on TP graphics when this is what PS3 games with a similar number of assets look like. But well.

red green blue output. It's exact color values (4:4:4) where as component y/pb/pr is (4:2:2) in which it uses estimation to determine color output. The end result is the image isn't as sharp as it could be, and unfortunately the PS2's y/pb/pr output is noticeably lower quality than it should have been. Either way it's the easiest best way to get 480p out of the games that support it and is s convenient and inexpensive jump over composite/s-video.

its a poor comparison considering the use of the fur shading technique for grass gives an extra dimension to the greenery.

Well, that's another way of saying "it looks like shit, the grass is a low resolution PS1 texture and usually there isn't even any grass and you can't interact with anything in the whole world".

Oh gee, guess what I thought actually looked good does not and I thought that it was an improvement over composite but turns out it wasn't somehow OH BOY

holy fuck

Looks the same as your beloved Nintendo shit
except with a larger draw distance.

no, it looks fine, but im saying it gets better

Well, with Ff12 having no bump mapping is due to the ps2 being incapable of it at a decent framerate.

Can PS2 even do bump maps?

ps2 has a programmable gpu kinda like what PC's got with DX10 cards like the Geforce 8000 series. It could do "anything" but it's faster at some things. It's why games like shadow of the colossus was technically doing graphical effects on a system from 1999 that wasn't integrated into other mainstream hardware until about 2004.

You can never please some folks I guess

yeah, and some people just don't get what you mean when you say "it's good but you don't have to stop there"

There's nothing inherently good about realism, nor is there anything inherently good about an art style being "more demanding".
TP's art style is very inconsistent, however, whereas WW's style is not. TP's a fine game, but to me it's by far the ugliest game in the entire franchise.

I'm gonna stop there and you are gonna stop replying.

Are you actually getting offended that someone dare suggest you improve your experience?

the models are the worst part

uh ok

Yes

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same guy who was posting tons of BotW screenshots around its release and claiming it to be one of the greatest looking games ever and anyone who disagreed was completely wrong.

If we're going to be cherry picking, I might as well point out that SotC has cloth and hair physics, which are largely absent in TP if in at all.

Luigi's Mansion also has amazing cloth physics. And speaking of other good looking Gamecube Games, how about a game that ACTUALLY looks too good for its generation thanks to pre-rendered backgrounds?

Wow, it's like I'm playing on the N64 for the first time all over again.

It's okay user we'll wait until you finish Metroid Prime

The Gamecube version looks like dogshit in comparison

Oh I'm very aware, was hoping to play Double Agent on the Wii but found I couldn't sneak

you know

since there weren't any fucking shadows

…. I really need to buckle down, play, and beat this game.

I WANT TO FUCK IMP MIDNA

Closet pedo

I didn't pay much attention. Did someone bully OP or something?

OP is the BotW autist.

Post screens with magic lines that pop out and the square corruption effect, I liked those effects.

Post more of this too

I don't think anyone here is in the closet about being a pedo, but Midna is something different than a loli. Not a "thicc shortstack" like western artists portray her, but something special.

What does this mean

Plebian-tier taste

I mean that calling someone on Holla Forums a "closet pedo" is retarded because nobody is in denial about liking lolis.

He means no one here is secretly attracted to lolis and ashamed by it. Anyone attracted to them here is pretty forthright about it.

That's where you are wrong mister

Maybe you're the one in denial then.

I'm not a pedo freak like you, lolicon is sickening and evil

Keep crying freak

It's ok user, we don't mind if you like little girls.

Holy shit. If that image was it's original Gamecube resolution and I didn't already know RE has pre-rendered backgrounds, you could've fooled me.

Shut the fuck up retard, you people are fucking lost causes.

People are only attracted to midna because bedroom eyes

outside link zelda and midna, yeah all the characters faces are squashed down for some reason.

And? so if I make a game using the color select from photoshop it would be a masterpiece worth trillions? because thats what you sound like you are saying
varies from area to area in each game, Frozen mansion is still probably the best dungeon in a 3d zelda.
Both suck for side characters, but they still beat skyward who only has zelda impa and giriham.
Twilight has a stronger ending, but wind waker has a stronger opening
barely
Side gameplay yes, dungeons no. both are piss for combat windwaker is still bare, and twilight makes no meaningful use for the extras like shieldbashing, you may as well not have them.
Honestly all zeldas could use improvment, but twilight needs less than skyward or breath of the wild, the majority is fixing the damn faces and making the hyrule overworld not more barren than the sahara.

I don't care ID: 4a3450-kun.

By this logic, any hidden object game is ahead of its time graphically.

It's kind of hard to find original screenshots because even searching "Resident Evil Gamecube" turns up almost nothing but the remastered port.

REmake is still the best looking game I've ever come across

Maybe it's just me, but the remastered port looks worse than the Gamecube original. I guess the only way to play for me is with the Gamecube and on a CRT.

3D Zelda games always looked like shit, the only good looking one is WW

This thread is 3 different types of retarded, first the OP being impressed at something that really isn't that impressive at all, and then all the people he attracted who I swear weren't even playing games back when TP came out saying it looks like shit, which it doesn't either. And then OP got triggered by those people. What a fucking shitshow of a thread, congratulations to everyone involved.

And the hips. She has really nice hips.

He's saying its color selection is more vibrant and varied, leading to a prettier game. TP is an ugly mess in terms of color.

Medli, the boat guy, the mermen, and Tetra's crew were pretty good. TP has, what, Malo? The fishing girl?

Those were more main characters, not side characters.

Not really. Midna's "sacrifice" felt really unnecessary, and Ganondorf, plus his fight, was way better in WW. The final death of Hyrule Kingdom was much more impactful than the sealing off of a world that was introduced in the very game and we barely saw any of. Plus, you had more investment saving Zelda in WW than you did in TP, considering how much of a non-entity she was in TP.

The facial expressions in WW alone give it way more charm than TP. Link didn't feel like a barely alive mannequin in that game.

I wish the PS3 release was updated to 60fps like they did with the MGS HD collection.

myst wasn't ahead of its time, daytona usa was

DD's visuals are dark and dull though. A better example would be Resident Evil 4.

You must be completely fucking retarded.

Have some bump mapping.

That's the outsourced port, though.

You are underage.

That's a corridor game.

That's hot.

Why is this game's water so fucking detailed? I want to touch it.

I wanted to call op autistic but I have the same kind of retarded boner for some games like bg&e, jak&daxter and golden sun

Gamecube hardware was really good.
Also art direction.

Made a lot of screenshots over the last 10 years. That's not autistic. Neither is pointing out TP does more than most games of its generation.

That's exactly what some chucklefuck crossposter would say.

This is how I play and I'm blown away by how gorgeous it is even with just S-Video cables.

Am I being taken for a ruse cruise?

Do you have any more like the last two? Intimate, but not lewd or sexual?

Not that impressive, tbh. It's just a texture.

No, you are just underage and probably never played the game. The water looks great in motion, bounces off of you, soaks your clothes, reflects the surroundings, has leaves floating on it, animals, fish, comes in different forms and shapes.

This is what average water looked like in big games back then. Two overlapped low res textures. A dark-blue one and a white one. Not much different from N64 games.

It's beautiful.

The gamecube is more powerful than the PS2, I do hope you realize OP

Where are the shadows you nintendrone?

Even the overworld ground textures aren't actually that horrible.

This is so sad and weird.

top kek

OP, your thread was based on a really retarded premise to begin with. Why were you making that PCSX2 comparison to begin with? Either you actually did not know the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2 making the comparison retarded, which also implies you never even owned the original consoles, or you were trying to start console war shit.

he is the BotW autist.
A typical nintendrone who hasn't played anything beyond his nintendo titles. He posts screenshots which contradict himself and then goes "nuh uh" like the good little goy he is.

I just made some screenshots with modded HUD and want to share them because I think the game and its visuals are underappreciated. I had no idea I'd trigger so many Playstation fans.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/christian/
>>>/oven/