Is there any DBZ game worth playing?

I recently started watching Dragon Ball Super and have a real craving to play a DBZ game. Can any user recommend one thats not a street fighter clone or a complete pile of dogshit?

Have they ever tried to do a Prototype or Crackdown style open world DBZ game? Preferably one on Namek where you fight Freiza's goons, Ginyu Force etc etc?

Despite the over use of open world games these days, I think it would suit Dragonball. Just flying around, destroying environments and punching foes into the horizon.

Other urls found in this thread:

dbo.global/
mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hdbz-champ-edition-release-179268.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, just as there isn't anything DBZ worth watching or reading.

Cheers for the answer anyways user.

Being older than average Holla Forums poster doesn't excuse DBZ for being complete shit through and through.

Xenoverse if you want to wank over your Original the Character doughnut steels. Don't expect much from the gameplay though.

Dragonball Fusions. I'm just gonna shill for it a bit here:

it's a tactical RPG where position both is and isn't that important (trajectory matters more than exact position, I find)
make a your own character from a robust variety of creation options, including the means to make a loli majin
fucktons of fusions thanks to Bulma reverse engineering the Potara earrings
recruit The Ginyu Force, the rule 63 Ginyu Force, a fuckton of side characters, and a few hundred guys you've never heard of but are neat nonetheless
fuse Goku and Krillin for a fun time. Same for Ginyu and the Great Saiyaman
keep 4 instances of Gohan in your party at once thanks to time bending shenanigans
fuse Goku and Broly for the ultimate in power and a humorous fusion name that I won't spoil

fuck, maybe it even emulates well, who knows?

available on the freeShop

for open world games, there was the DBO MMO. There's a server emulation project here:
dbo.global/

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for the PS2.

Fantastically presented game with revolutionary cinematic experimentation in its story mode to really give you a streamlined filler stripped DBZ experience while not turning everything into a shitty movie with occasional QTEs.

The way this works is actually really cool. As the fight progresses, a button prompt will come up that you can use to proceed to the next story event if you want to change things up or you're getting your shit kicked in by a canonically too strong enemy (everyone isn't doing shit for damage to Final Form Frieza or Broly for most of the fight and you can hear their authentic panicking while the great OST rocks out). The entire time everyone is amusingly or intensely commenting on the way things are going, including your opponent wasting no opportunity to talk shit if they're crushing you or getting asshurt they're losing hard.

Now please post lewd waifus and show you're not a retarded cuck normalfaggot who doesn't like big bouncy titties and cute wife material as thank you.

The best DBZ game is hands down Budokai Tenkaichi 3 by a very wide margin.

It isn't just a reskinned generic fighting game, but its own thing and works extremely well.

The story mode isn't impressive, but the character selection is huge and the core gameplay is almost perfect.
Beware though that the game doesn't explain shit to you and has no real, proper tutorial

Thanks for that mate, I bought a 3DS not too long ago so I might pick up fusions.

My folder is a mess, but these two did catch my eye.

/thread

Will a Rurouni Kenshin game ever get localized?

The problem with BT3 is the whole Dragon Rush mechanic is a Rock Paper Scissors QTE, and single-handedly ruins the game. The second game released on PSP is basically BT3, but better for lack of this mechanic.

That's Budokai 3, tenkaichi budokai is a different game altogether as dumb as it is you're thinking of and that PSP game is a watered down Infinite World.

For OP depending on the genre there's plenty.
Infinite world or Dragon Ball Fighterz
Infinite world I'd describe as a light Tekken with a lot of Dragon Ball Z add ins like teleportation and transforming to increase damage output, it's technically the 4th in the budokai series but it's just so much better then the rest there's no point in playing Budokai 1-3.
Dragon Ball Fighterz is the new Arksys fighter coming out next year which is like Tatsunoko VS Capcom for a close relation, I really enjoyed playing that so I'd say keep that on radar.
Super Dragon BallZ is a pretty damn good game but I can't find online matches for it using the ghetto PCSX2 lobbies so if you want to play people better grab a friend off the street.
All the NES RPG's with the card mechanic, I love how cards tie to cinematic attacks and this series kept up all the way to the DS so if you find one you like there's definitely a lot of it.
DB Fusions, this is an ok game, sort of plays like a DBZ Neptunia game, it's pretty damn easy but fusing your OC donut steel with Krillain is funny enough to justify it maybe at a low price.
Attack of the Saiyans, story is the full cut of what toriyama wanted the saiyan saga to be so that alone is worth it, but past that is a solid enough RPG so good game.
Budokai Tenkaichi 3, I think it's a pile of shit with 100 characters who all play the exact same with only 5 exceptions in the whole cast but it presents the story the best of any game so for someone who wants their lore on the go this is ok.
DB Advance, it's the original Dragon Ball but as a side scrolling beam em up, pretty fun game.
Legends, pretty interesting game.

Legacy of Goku 2
Buu's Fury
Advanced Adventure
Legendary Super Warriors

Budokai 3
Burst Limit

Great RPG with fun as fuck combat. Go playa that shit right bow

I mentioned it you blind dindu

Just when I think I'm out of shitty anime tie-in games for good…

I remember liking Hyper Dimensions on ZSNES a million years ago. Is that just nostalgia talking or was it a decent Street Fighter knock-off?

Okay, where the fuck is the good Mazinkaiser game? And don't say SRW.

Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 are fun because they have original stories that can actually fit into the series of the series, which only a couple other games do. Xenoverse 1's story is a bit sparse though and has all the original content right at the end. Xenoverse 2 also has local multiplayer which is a real rarity in this day and age. It works better than you'd think.

As others have said, though, Budokai Tenkaichi 3 has fun gameplay and a ton of characters. Personally, I prefer the Wii version, because it's the only time I ever felt motion controls actually made things more fun. You look like a retard and I'm sure it's less precise than using buttons, but it feels very satisfying to throw a Spirit Bomb or shoot a Kamahameha.

Do you mean the Taino Force from Xenoverse? Do they actually bother to reference not just the anime and manga, but other games?

Are there any ways to play them in English though? Playing a card RPG without knowing the language is hard as fuck. But I've waited to play Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans forever.

There is a literal rule 63 Ginyu Force in Fusions.

You came in at almost the right time for Dragon Ball fightan. Now you can enjoy waiting with the rest of us.

It's literally the same Engine and developer.

Xrd's made in the same engine as as DmC:Devil May cry and Sol Badguy still isn't my prom date you ugly sack of shit.
Also they're not made in the same engine, it's UE3 for Xrd and UE4 for DBF

Yeah a google search should get you fan translations.

Hyper Dimensions is low key the best official fightan outside of FighterZ.

However, by far the best DBZ game is Hyper DBZ.

mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hdbz-champ-edition-release-179268.0.html