What are the best third party controllers?

What are the best third party controllers?

I'm thinking of buying a new controller for my PC so I'd like to hear some opinions

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/1247448559/next-gen-n64-nintendo-64-controller
autohotkey.com/docs/misc/RemapJoystick.htm
amazon.com/BUFFALO-2145487-Classic-USB-Gamepad/dp/B002B9XB0E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's a good looking N64 controller, it should have been the standard if you ask me.

Some people are recommending me this one.

It was kickstarted

kickstarter.com/projects/1247448559/next-gen-n64-nintendo-64-controller

Yeah I bought one of these it was only like 20$ even let me choose a color from pretty much all the same colors the N64 had. I hope it's actually good though. What I really want though is a bluetooth saturn pad or something equivalent.

I use the PS4 version of that for roms. It's a pretty great controller. It feels solid and comfortable, and the cable is pretty long. Great for emulating anything that doesn't need analog sticks. I think I paid $30 for it.

usually arcade sticks, they're pretty good if you're playing some arcade games on mame and the usual good shumps on pc like mecha ritz

Thrustmaster GPX or HORI products in general.
DO NOT GET a Logitech F310 or F710, they've got input delay problems.

(((third party)))

Best thing that ever came from Mad Catz.

Don't forget the shitty build quality of Logishit. I've worn out the shit dpad on a f310 after 6 months of use, and had the cord tear on another one.

Hori has always had the edge in the pad market, but Madcatz Fighsticks are excellent. They potentially could've staved off bankruptcy had they doubled down on quality controllers like the TE line.
In hindsight, just selling the empty cases or internal PCBs to the budding enthusiast market would've been a smart move.

I have the PlayStation version of that. It's breddy gud, only complaints are that the shoulder buttons feel a bit cheap and you can run into some issues assigning the R1 and R2 face buttons in some games since they're treated like the same buttons as the shoulder buttons. There's a switch at the top that gives you L3/R3 but it doesn't always allow you to map every button. Joy2Key is a good work around though.

>(((Sony)))
>(((Microsoft)))
>(((Nintendo)))
Those aren't any better, fuckoff kike

(((This entire world))) (((The keyboard I am typing this post with))) (((My PC that my Keyboard is connected to))) (((My screen that I use to look at what I am typing))) (((My router which connects me to the internet)))

I just use my ps3 one

Is the Steam controller third party? The only problem it has is having to compete with a keyboard and mouse. I wish there was a way to use it with consoles.
Aside from that 8bitdo makes a wireless SNES controller clone. It feels great, although some people complain that the battery isn't very good. I use one with a RasPi running Lakka, for comfy retro vidya

(((Thou)))

Based on the LGR video covering mad catz history, actually giving a shit about quality (coupled with expanding to markets they shouldn't have, like micro consoles) and moving away from cheap useless gimmicky peripherals is what killed mad catz.

It's funny, because their Rumblepad 2s would easily last 5+ years. Guess they weren't selling enough replacements.

Great for emulation and any game with finicky controller recognition that should be played with a good dpad. Certain Sega titles on steam only like the 360/Xbone controller, this works perfectly.

Nah, everything works with an xinput wrapper.

My old favorite for 2D games was the pokken controller (Works great with emulators), unfortunately I couldn't get it to work with stuff like Sonic CD. I was using DS4 for a bit but I don't like the feel of it for 2D, but that's me being picky.

For weird controllers and extremely old games, AHK always works, although there's a slight learning curve in setting it all up for the first time. autohotkey.com/docs/misc/RemapJoystick.htm

Has anyone else used antimicro for this? I tried it last week and oh god it was fucking useless, after 5 seconds of input it'd get stuck holding up or whatever.

Since it's kind of relevant to the thread, I've been looking for a controller with a good D-pad mainly because I'm too used to fighting games on D-Pad but nearly all of them share the same plus-sign or sixaxis shape, or are shitty like the 360 one.

This?

If you can find them for a decent price, the mad catz SFIV pads are your best bet there are also redesigns that swap out the street fighter art for WWE wrestlers; they're uglier but go for cheaper and use the same type of circular genesis dpad. Alternatively get a saturn controller with a usb adaptater.

Haven't heard of it, but I've always stuck to AHK since it's lightweight, FOSS, and very well documented.

amazon.com/BUFFALO-2145487-Classic-USB-Gamepad/dp/B002B9XB0E

But that does have the "+ sign" shape, doesn't look like it's good to do fighting game motions. unless the white circle part is also part of the pad in which case I might be retarded. I was thinking more like the Xbox "duke" D-Pad.

The cross shape is way better for fighting game motions than you think, it may look weird but is actually very precise.

lel

Well that's disgusting, since the duke's stiff dpad combined with those awful raised bumps make for some serious thumb-destroying action and is one of the worst dpads in existence. The Xbox S dpad was a complete upgrade since they at least removed those awful ridges/bumps, but it's still too stiff.

Better than a 360/bone pad, tbh.

wheres the stick

And worse than the Saturn/Genesis pad, tbqhfamalam.

Hello underage.

why would you use a pad for fighting games?

Thanks user, I'll check it out.

If you can't drop the cash on a stick but don't want to put up with the shit pads on dualshock and xbox controllers, you dummy. Plus they also come in handy for other 2D games.

just use a keyboard my nigga

Dropping ~$130 for a NIB SS pad+mayflash isn't going to be a reasonable purchase for most, and the repros are all shit quality.

My enlightened, soul brother.

Some people like me are way better at fighting games with a pad rather than a stick, in my case it was because arcade machines were sometimes broken or unreliably calibrated.

And I already suggested a cheaper alternative with the SF4 pads, if you actually read the thread.

>>>/ovens/
Might as well use a three shitty pad.

/>>13416780
Oh, you're just shitposting and farming (You)s. Carry on.

top lel. do you even own a keyboard that can do more than three button inputs at once?

Nice reply to my post there, fucknut.

top cuck

>mfw I realize I'm a mark

It's actually really nice once you work it out, but you do have to work it out or find one that has been worked out for you. Once it loosens up it feel great.

At least you got a decent pad out of it.

/>>13416826
top kek
I guess was right. You really are just fishing for (You)s

wew, crossposters are rampant today.

Traps are gay, user.

but sexual arousal does not stem from the presence of a penis so it can not be gay. it derives from the feminine aura. Something most modern women lack. You see, you walk into your average, grimy bar and most of the women there are fuck fat dykes who buy all their clothes at Sam's Club and subscribe to penis envy weekly. They're more traditionally masculine than your average trap. 15 years ago it would be full of cheap broads who at leazt resembled women. Repulsion was still there, but tolerable. I enjoy and embrace traps because they are the renaissance of traditional females.

You want to fuck a man faggot, that's the definition of gay.

Nigger are you telling me traps are essentially the same thing as moe girls?
Are you out of your fucking mind, you degenerate sodomite?
kys

no. The actual N64 pad has the joystick on the right and that's how it should be here.

I dunno user, I don't see see how kissing his sister is going to cure him of the gay. But he should do it anyhow, just for the sake of science. You never know.

Post pictures

you got a source for this?

choice doughjim

That's retarded. When you hold the central prong, the stick is right in front of you. Having to bend your thumb to the right would make it feel more like a Playstation controller.

PDP's Xbox One controller works great on PC.

Hori makes some pretty goddamn good products, though their controllers are kind of specialized.

If you play a lot of fighting games (or games that don't need a right thumbstick like platformers), definitely get a Hori Fighting Commander.

That's dumb. Whenever I tried to play a SNES game with a gamecube controller it felt weird, purely because of that layout.

I ve seen reviews and streamers comment that the fighting commander broke in less than a month.

sorry for double posting but i can confirm, the Xbone PDP Rock Candy isn't too expensive at $25, and works superb, i really like it

Mine's been doing fine since Christmas, even knocked it off the desk a few times. Only odd thing about it to me is how light it is.

Sauce?

Nah, you're dumb fam. It's for the GameBoy Player so you're meant to play Gameboy and GBA games on it, which are perfect for that controller layout. Hence the extra select button.

I've had mine for about a year now and it's still works just as well as when I got it