Hiveswap

It's got absolutely nothing interesting about it and is very by the numbers.
At least it got released, even after the first dev team ran away with the money.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!xvgzjQ5S
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Even if I liked Homestuck, I'd stay the fuck away from this. It's textbook development hell. This game used to be full-3D(based on early development images they put out), now it's 2D. You don't make a change like that lightly. I have no doubt it's quality is sub-par and suffers greatly from how much they've changed about it.

Wow, this thing actually released? And only five years after the kikestarter. Still makes me laugh that Hussie got scammed out of most of the cash and had to fund development out of his own pocket.
Not sure if I want to bother pirating this, I fully expect it to be shit but I have a kind of morbid curiosity.

Believe it or not, there was a time when Holla Forums didn't hate homosuck. We used to have some pretty good threads on it back in 2009/2010, before it went full on tumblr pandering.

I read it recently now that the autistic screeching has died down. It's 7/10 territory until that unsatisfying non-ending ruins the entire thing. Fuck that ending, basically Hussie saying "Yeah, fuck it, all your fan-fiction is now canon. I don't care, go nuts."

Be fair, if you were responsible for Homestuck and had that fandom crawling up your ass, you'd feel the same way

nah, it went to shit even before.
the webcomic is basically a painfully slow first quarter followed by a good second quarter, followed by a tumblr pandering incredibly scattered third quarter followed by a shit non ending.
On that topic the first act suffers from some of the same problems, you never feel like you have an overarching goal that you're moving towards and it's all just walking around.

Top wew. After all these years, tens of millions of dollars, and several game studios, and the best they can do is an episodic release that probably only clocks in at an hour or two.

Nice OP, totally informative

Their plan was to fund the second part with the sales of the first, but of course there won't be any sales because anyone who gave a shit about this already donated to the kickstarter.
The classic blunder.

For me it peaked with act 4. Act 5 was where things started to downhill and act 6 was where it completely went to shit.

homo suck was always shit

I remember being on Holla Forums almost a decade ago warning you faggots that Hussie is going nowhere with this shit comic

All faggots and faglovers will burn.

You're basically mentally ill.

Alright you autist.
Hiveswap is an Adventure game based on the originally good, Tumblr subverted Homestuck webcomic, famous for it's fast update speed, it's postmodern forays into different forms of media (before that became a trend) and it's humorous writing.
The game itself spent a lot of time in development hell because the original development team hired for it ("the Odd Gentlemen") basically ran away with the money (they actually spent it all on developing King's Quest and refused to acknowledge Hiveswap until Andrew Hussie took them to court), so it had to be developed in-house with little money.
As for the game itself it's very bland, other than the detailed art, the animations are sometimes 15 fps for no reason, you never feel like you're accomplishing anything other than mundane chores even after you get sent into an alien world, and the writing is ok, pretty decent and sometimes funny, but you can't carry a game on it.
The puzzles are pretty mediocre and the game even mentions how most of them are "put item in slot".
You have to play a snake minigame twice.
The second time, you have to eat certain letters in an alien language to form a password, and at first I thought that was pretty clever because the password was written in a different place and you had to physically write down the password yourself to progress, but then I noticed the password is just written in a corner while you play the snake minigame, the game doesn't respect your intelligence at all.
On the flip side it's cool how there's an individual message for almost every item/scenary object combination, even the ones that make no sense, and most of them are either funny or have some interesting insight about the character's personality.

Stopped reading there, well not really but you get my point.

The only good thing to come out of homestuck was sbahj.

if they released more fucking content it'd be okay but starting out with a chapter 1 that's basically a demo doesn't give confidence.

No arguing that. That being said, Hussie deserved everything coming to him now that his cash cow has been meme'd on.

Okay so i'm trying to read this Homestuck thing but uh, somehow I ended up clicking something called Problem Sleuth and i'm reading that. It's boring.

Honestly, you're better off reading PS, and if you don't like that there's no way in Satan you're going to like HS.

No, there wasn't.

Reminder that the Strider family has the best, and only interesting characters

I mean listen to this shit, the best

objectively correct

I can't imagine many e-celebs would hype this.. and last I checked, the entire Homestuck fandom went and moved onto Steven Universe and more cancerous pastures. Hussie knew exactly how to string along and milk his audience for years. The guy should have enough money to retire on, but he went and dropped the ball. Faggot could have released an ironic RPG maker game, or something made with basic free Unity assets, but he had to go and sign a contract he didn't read, like an idiot.

Who the fuck even wants Hiveswap now? 99% of the Hamsteak fanbase moved onto other things ages ago.

Problem Sleuth is the only things still good.
Homestuck is shit in comparison.

I don't even know what this game is but you're a fucking piece of shit.

Postmodern media techniques are not the same thing as postmodern philosophy, sorry I triggered you.

fuck off retard revisionist

On the whole Homestuck is trash, but anyone claiming it was never good is just delusional

Funny how newfags out themselves, bet you also think Valve was always a jewish game developer

I guess it's better than Yogventures because it has a somewhat release. Can we expect MegaTokyo visual novel to come out this year? Speaking of visual novel kickstarters, how is lovely little thieves and (forgot the name) gay space webcomic visual novel doing? I'm going to guess they aren't released because they over estimate how hard making even a visual novel can be.

>going to a con with your friend while both dressed as human characters from it
I feel like a war vet and I will probably kill myself like one.

To be fair it doesn't seem like the sort of game which should have been 3d in the first placed.

mega.nz/#!xvgzjQ5S !TbNZzebdAVXR93kPxIyKyaTPtsmdUwmjxgHBPSIw4bA

Wasteful, sure, but that doesn't seem that bad.

The MegaTokyo visual novel not coming along fast enough is all Fred's fault because of how slowly he works. He makes it very clear on his blog posts and personal twitter that it's because the team are waiting on his art assets. Which he not only takes forever producing, but also likes to change on a whim because the project is taking so long that by the time he gets to another asset he wants to redo them.
MegaTokyo isn't that great these days anyways, it got too mopey without Rodney's half of the writing keeping the comedy entertaining. And seeing Largo's 1337speak in [Current Year] + 2 is just kind of cringeworthy to be honest. Largo's dialogue should have evolved to be more in-line with what a modern fragger would be typing in a chat. So basically filled to burst with abbreviations

I'm stillr reading, not like anyone cares.

14 years might as well be forever on the internet

I care, I really liked Problem Sleuth. It was better when the whole "Ironic humor" craze hadn't completely taken off yet, though.

Never do Kickstarter, kids.

Kikestarter is a necessary evil for some good games to be made. I think the lesson you should be taking from this is to never kickstart ideafagging. Hussie wasn't a game developer, he didn't even have a developer in talks before he started the campaign and I'm pretty sure even long after the campaign was over. Took him a few months to find those fucks that scammed him.
Read the fine print, check out what makes them qualified to make a half-decent game, etc.

I'm surprised it actually came out. The visuals look competently made at least, considering the source material. I get the feeling it's not worth playing though.
Hussie should've made it this way in the first place instead of trusting a random dev. He talked about wanting to make his own game ages ago, so it's retarded he got his studio to make it only after getting scammed out of the kickstarter money.

Homestuck was okay for the first few acts, then went full retard. The Midnight Crew adventure he had planned would've been way better, I don't know why he didn't go with that instead.

On another note, I honestly wish he went back to more traditional stuff like And It Don't Stop or his Team Special Olympics comics. I think he's a good artist and has a good sense of humor when he tries, but he needs something to constrain him from writing an epic that goes nowhere.

This. I was really into homestuck when it as going on. Bought one of the "high-end backer-rewards," still have two fucking posters hanging up for years. When I got the emails for the beta, I didn't even bother to download them. Now that I got the release email, the only thing I could think of was "Oh, they made it." I might've been really excited to play it, maybe 3 or 4 years ago, but now its just another title in a maybe bin.

I'd say fuck it. Hell I'd even go back and re-do the caucasian thing just to fuck with tumblrites

Never again. I refuse to look into the void again. I wish the game luck, but the fanbase for homestuck can collectively die in a fire.

I played it and finished it. It's meh. Art and music was pretty good but the story was just okay and the puzzles were ez pz.

Shampoo desensitizes your peeper

SBAHJ is eternal, and endlessly exploitable.
Have some OC from the old days of unpatched Dank Souls

Is this seriously only 2 or 3 hours long?

It's only longer than two hours if you insist on interacting with every fucking object with every fucking item possible. Almost everything has their own lines.

i just expected a hell of a lot more, especially from an episodic thing

The Strider family are a bunch of faggots
hussie actually said that Dave was like his self insert so hussie is confirmed to be gay

It's a textbook tumblr fanbase, just like undertale and fnaf

Same here. I only got enough for the game and the soundtrack, but still, I'll be playing it I guess. I'll let everyone know how it is. Spoiler Alert: Its probably gonna be shit.

Wasn't shampoo, it was ink from grey sharpies.

Yeah, but that's more because of Problem Sleuth than anything Homestuck ever did. I recall alot of cautious optimism when the comic first came out.

It seemed like a poor choice to have it as a webcomic the way they had it set up. It took them hundreds, if not thousands of pages to get anywhere because they kept advancing the story one frame/panel at a time, and often Hussie would include gigantic tl;dr blocks of fucking text at the bottom of the page.

I've always found it more enjoyable cause I waited a few several years for hussie to finish the comic, then read through it all in one go.
epilogue never fucking ever

Do you have round one, my nigga?

So you gotta like read a long as fuck webcomic to play this?

what the hell is homestuck

Thanks man!

Homestuck is a webcomic by Andrew Hussie. Previously he did other quest-type things like Bardquest and Problem Sleuth. It stars 4 kids as they try to play a new game and a bunch of shit happens. The comic is alright at first, but gets worse as things go on due to tl;dr chat logs (Pesterlogs), and the characters getting introduced being progressively worse. It's perfectly fine to read until [s] Cascade and consider that the proper end of Homestuck, considering what waits beyond it.

Hussie got scammed years ago out of all his crowdfunding money, but still has a legal obligation to make a game. That's all you really need to know to understand what and why this is what it is.

pass

autistic, that's what

That sucks, damn
Interesting how the game that the money was instead put towards is pretty much dead now, what a waste

Scammed twice, actually. First time the devs took the money and bailed to make King's Quest. The second time the developers literally didn't know what they were doing. Eventually he established What Pumpkin as a game thing.
I'm assuming he sucked Toby's dick for some of his undertale money to help fund the game

I'm back. Just finished.
>5 YEARS FOR 2 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY

This game is fucking shit. Homestuck was a mistake.

Sounds like Hussie alright

Why is this worthy of a topic here again?

Man say what you will about undertale, but at least it had something going with "turn-based bullet hell". Hopefully someone competent steals the idea and puts it in a better game. Hiveswap is just a point-and-click from the looks of it.

Haha, oh wow. I had stopped paying any attention to it all once that fucking second set of TL:DR tumblr OC's showed up. I also got the distinct impression that Hussie hated everything including himself and I had no interest in watching a slow suicide.

Undertale 2.0 would imply it had some form of gameplay and a point. This game has neither. It somehow manages to be fucking worse.

So is this that 3D game that never got made, or… ?

I really wish that MSpaintAdventures took off as hard as it did with HomeShit, but instead with Problem Sleuth. Some of the scenes at the end with musical accompaniment would have been great,

I don't think that's -8.

I assume he made it. He makes similar rhythm flash animations.

This is garbage

No, it was always shit. Homestuck is a pedophile webcomic, end of story. Literally proto-bronies.

Almost bothered to make a reply but then I saw you wrote

All those poorly drawn children! Won't somebody think of them

t. a homeshit

Sorry, I'm kinda retarded at the monent, but whose side are you on? I'm guessing you're thrashing the Homeshits but might as well ask.

I know that feel. I set up the backer reward so I would get a Time t-shirt that I later gave to a friend who was also reading the comic back then. I gotta admit it was fun to discuss it with him and other friends who were into it until shortly after Cascade.

I got the signed poster a frame, and it still hangs in my bedroom. I am still conflicted about it since I have some good autism memories, but I can't stand Hussie after the shit he has done with his work doesn't help that he spoke against GG back in the day. I redeemed the steam key for the game but I have no plans to pick it up. maybe I will do it when I stop being mad at him, or when I just forget about the baggage he has on me.

IIRC the faggot won't even recognize his involvement with TSO, according to some user who tried to get him to sign a print of one of those comics.
Tumblr exposure truly damages you in one way or another.

Can anyone dump the concept art for the first game? I remember being excited for it, too bad about this though.
Hussie loves being scammed I assume, it's his kink.

I've not read any of homestuck after that last big hiatus, even though I used to be a homosuck general regular. The game is visually nice, but it looks kinda boring and short.

You aren't far off.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LIKE FUCKING CLOCKWORK

Loli =/= western pedoshit.

I didn't knew there were so many tumblr faggots around here.

Well, it did manage one thing right: it triggered Shelby to high hell and back.

who?

A foreshadowing