Favourite game from each decade

What is your favourite game from the:

1970s (kek)
1980s
1990s
2000s
2010s

How do you rank them from best to worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk&t=2s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

While I like a lot of games from the 80s I can't say I really love any of them. It's an odd feeling, but I think I just need to play more games.

1970s (kek)
1980s
1990s
2000s
2010s

Hunting Gooks

Console shit or arcade master race?
1970s (kek)
1980s Penguin Land/Hang-on/Kid Chamelon
1990s Road Rash/Rainbow Six Rogue Spear
2000s (kek)
2010s (summons kauket)

Underage fag

Did your parents hate you or something?

Also this was one of my favorite games to cuck cousins in front of their gay friends.

Yes

A shame how often I'm right. Have some BallBlazer theme. There's a great story behind this if you look into it.

A shame how often I'm right. Have some BallBlazer theme. There's a great story behind this if you look into it.
This may be a double post because the board is being fucky.

Breakout
Super Mario Bros. 3
Crash Bandicoot: Warped or Crash Team Racing
Sonic Adventure 2
Tearaway: Unfolded

I just want 3D platformers back. I could do with more kart racers too.

This may be a double post because the board is being fucky.
JUST

KEK
Well, play them all at once, I guess.

Wait I forgot to answer this.

I'd practically rather have no video games compared to the shit we get now. Even the latter half of the 2000s was shit. But at least I got a couple good games out of the first half. There have maybe been four games I like in the last decade, and half of them are remakes.

Pong? It's 6/10 needs better music and more game modes. I could totally dig Pong Empires or some shit.

Castlevania 3. 7/10. I mean it's 10/10 for the time, but I could really use save feature or at least conventional password system.

Castlevania SOTN. 10/10 perfect fucking game, no drawbacks. Aged like fine wine.

Dark Souls. 8/10 unlocking framerate fucks with jumping distance and game is not finished. Also no cloth physics for the player while even common enemies has capes and shit.

A tie between Dark Soul 3 and Nier Automata. Both are 9/10 and both almost don't have any real drawbacks. Tomato has some shitty fetch bear asses and comb the desert quests, while DS3 lacks some of the coolest looking armor from the previous game, like Gargoyle Helmet or Steel Armor.

Galaxian
Contra or Batman: The Video Game or Duck Tales or MEGA MAN 2
Doom Donkey Kong '94, Chrono Trigger, Earthworm Jim 2, Super Metroid, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Planescape: Torment, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, Tekken 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Breath of Fire III, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Half-Life, Star Craft, Fallout 2, Baldur's Gate, Metal Gear Solid, ect ect ect
Demon's Souls **Vagrant Story, Dragon Quest VII, Tales of Symphonia, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Civilization III,
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Dark Souls, Rayman Origins, Sonic Generations, MGSV

Click on "post" once and then go do something else for five minutes you anxious fag.

Try triple post

Space Invaders
Space Harrier
Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Castelvania: Rondo of Blood (Favs)
Panzer Dragoon Orta, Deus Ex
Uhhh, ummm, Risk of Rain..? This is least favorite on account of the decade being pure shit.

Well thanks mark

Sometimes your post might not go through. This
Was actually second attempt to post; my first didn't even go through.

How about you git gud faggot.

Sometimes your post might not go through. This
Was actually second attempt to post; my first didn't even go through.

Like right now even.

How about you git gud faggot.

Is there a word filter?
>1970s

>1970s
test

No drawbacks in SoTN? How bout the shit easy boss battles? How bout a game created like this, kicks it self right in the fucking nuts.When it comes to player forgiveness. When anyone can beat this game just by grinding, I would call that a flaw. The only Castlevania with similar gameplay that has actual challenge is Order of Ecclesia, but it lacks in level design.

Well just wait then, right now you posted twice again. All you're doing is clogging the system with more petitions when it's already over saturated and making it worse
Not saying I don't understand your frustration. I do, but a healthier thing to do would be to just not post on this shithole anymore

I'd say the bosses' difficulty is the only glaring flaw in that game. Personally I really enjoyed it as a kid and as a power fantasy it's really fun to have a game that's so big to explore and fun to traverse where you're stupidly over powered.

just take a break

Good ol nostalgia right there

There are other problems with SOTN, but if you're talking shit about save systems, come on.

SC4 is like 2 times easier than sotn tho.

Git gud at what? At retarded password system?

I replay it every couple of years, it only gets better.

Still faster than to enter those fucking passwords.

OoE is just bland. Not only has no level design, but bosses and enemies are as well utterly forgettable.
Only two that stand out is shadow werewolf dude and walking drac.
Also

Asteroids
Ultima
Doom
S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Mount & Blade: Bannerlord

Breakout is pretty dang ageless. Are there any weird variants kind of like Puyo Puyo or pic related.

Missile Command
Castlevania
Ecco: Tides of Time
Morrowind
Warframe

SoTN is good, what you said I pretty much agree with. Maybe it needs a remake, fan remake where bosses don't sucks ass.

As for the back to title screen when you happen too actually die. Maybe they could've instead of going to said title screen, have too fight your way to a save room. As ghost fag Alucard you would revive out of the coffin. Certain parts of the castle could be that of an apparition. It would be like the inverted castle but perhaps a little more interesting. Well more interesting then going to a game over screen.

Don't ever stop being charming v/, When it comes to IV I tend to get bored as soon as I get to Dracula's Castle. Fucking hate that library part too. Going up and down stairs, annoying fucking books flying towards you. Knight's with pole arms trying to ram you up the ass when passing buy. To tell you the truth, level design goes to total shit once entering the entrance of Dracula's castle.

Sorry to shit on such a beloved game user.& I'm not going to sit here & pretend IV wasn't easy. Even when going through new game, where some enemies take an extra hit. But if you think SoTN is harder you're foolishly mistaking.

70's - Galaxian
80's - Dragon Warrior
90's - Diablo
00's - Unlimited Saga
10's - Dark Souls

Please indulge us in how much autism is needed to consider that one of the best games of the decade.

70s - glaxian
80s - bosconian
90s - OOT
00s - deus ex
10s - yakuza 4

i played that shit so much back in the day. It might be overrated to the nth degree, but i still love the game

Dark souls is 00s game. Unless you mean 2 or 3.

Heres my main gripe with your post

Demon Souls was the one released in 2009 user.

i felt like LTTP was a bit stiff in the combat.

Oh fuck. Ok.

Space Invaders
Bubble Bobble
Half-Life
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Dark Souls

The first Touhou is derivative of Break Out. You have to bounce that Yinyang ball into panels to progress. There's the series trademark bullet hell aspects though.

Youngfag
Youngfag again, but I did play many 80's titles during the 90s. Just normal stuff like Mario.
1990s
There was a lot to pick from. Super Mario Allstars, OOT, etc. But I think I'll go with Pokemon Silver
Legend of Mana.
Hard to say. I don't have any particular attachment to any game post 2010. Probably Dark Souls or Bloodborne

Pretty much nothing from the decade interests me, so I would have to go with Pinball since they would be the only other thing in arcades that I could enjoy.
Castlevania 3
Ridge Racer Type 4,Ace Combat 3,Twisted Metal 4,Armored Core,Parasite Eve, Sanic,Yu-No
Too many good things that I like came out in the 90's
Ace Combat ps2 trilogy,Viewtiful joe1&1,Paper Mario ttyd,Hotel Dusk, Spider-Man 2
Same problem with the 90's, too many good games that I liked from the decade for me too list
Gravity Rush 1&2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Ghost Trick, Nioh, Monster Girl Quest.
Too many good things that I liked that came out this decade. Dunno why people give it shit so much.

Fuck, forgot to add Bosconian to the 80's.

Oh shit that reminds me of this. It deserves an honorable mention for the 90s.

Fighting back in 'nam or tripping on LSD with hippies
Super Mario Bros 3 was released in Japan in 1988 , (but in '90/91 everwhere else.) If that counts, I'd easily pick that. Otherwise, I'd pick Mega Man 2.
Battlezone '98. It's the most interesting RTS I've ever played. Battletanx as a runner up. Sonic 3&K gets an honorable mention.
Deus Ex, or Yuri's Revenge. There were a lot of quality games released around that time.
[current decade]
It's hard for me to say. It's now like comparing apples to oranges. It's kinda been the boom for indie games. Resulting in a lot of trash, with a good amount of gems in between. There's also been a lot of fun and free (not free to play) fan-made games + romhacks/mods. Sonic's had a lot of love lately. Generations was fun as well as Sonic Mania Denuvo. I personally had a lot of fun with Sonic BTS, and ATS as fan-games. In terms of platformers, I also really like Ori and the Blind Forest.
RTS games are basically dead now, until someone can make another fast-paced, fun, and charismatic game. The best RTS-esque game I've played is a fan-game known as Renegade X (remake of Renegade). In terms of entertaining strategy games in general, I loved FTL.
Solatorobo has sexy kemonos
I enjoyed Undertale
yiff yiff yiff
TL;DR
I can make a big list of games I like, but I can't really point out which one is the best for the decade.

Neat. Hadn't even considered that.

Hey user, guess what?
Cross Coda

I don't fucking know, Pong?
Street Fighter 2010
Doom
Postal 2
Deadly Premonition
I struggled with that last one until I realized that Deadly Premonition came out in 2010, and not 2009.

Just make you fucking respawn automatically at the save point. This isn't hard.

You only need to enter the password once per session. If it was every time you die you'd have a point.

<

worst*

Super Mario 3

Too many to count.
Probably Doom, seeing as it's something that I still play today.

Probably World of Warcraft.
It's a shit game, but it left a pretty massive imprint on my circle of friends. It was the 9/11 of video games, in which there was a clear Pre-WoW time, and post-WoW time. The latter is much, much darker.

Grand Theft Auto V, so far. it's been the game that's eaten the most of my time, and I actually like its online component.

Best to worst: Doom, GTAV, WoW. WoW is unplayable garbage anymore.

You really are here forever, kids, and I do mean that. It's just a matter of which form "here" takes.

1970s
1980s
1990s
2000s
2010s

90s:
Probably some golden SNES games. Chrono Trigger. OOT is close contender
2000s:
Paper Mario: TTYD
2010s:
good question. I have been playing old games i never played before (Terranigma, Live a Live, old Dragon quests, etc) that were on my back log so I haven't touched modern videogame shit. But I really enjoyed hollow knight.

Qué se siente ser viejo?

N E V E R
E V E R

Not born yet but Space Invaders, since i used to play it on an original Midway cabinet

Ninja Gaiden

Final Fantasy Tactics

Homeworld series

its mostly shit, but Killer Instinct, has given me a thousand hours of precious fun, challenge and friends, also several indie games have given me lots of joy, i can't decide yet on a definitive winner.

tell that to me, man, i ve been living the dream way past my time, i will probably continue to live alone, broke, and with nothing but videogames to rely on until the sweet release of death. Escapism and procrastination are silent killers. Avoid the electronic jew while you still can

Space Invaders, probably.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Banjo-Kazooie
Startopia
Probably Undertale.

Pong

Frogger

Chrono Trigger

MGS series (2,3,4). Don't have a specific favourite

None really. Maybe MGSV but even that I have big issues with.

Not a spic, no clue what you said my man. P.S. if you live in the USA please deport yourself before you make us do it.

Fuck you're right. I need to fucking get my shit together. It would help if all my uni work didnt have to be done on my computer

I'm glad you're still with us user

FOREVER EVER
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk&t=2s

Galaxian
Cabal
Super Metroid
Hellsinker
Terraria

Had to put some effort into the '80s pick, never really thought about it in those terms before.

Super Metroid > Hellsinker > Cabal > Terraria > Galaxian

No there isn't. Unless you're talking about the story behind why the Atari 7800 is a pathetic piece of shit.

also,

Pong
Mario
Ridge Racer 4
MGS3
Euro Truck Sim 2

70's - Breakout
80's - Ninja Gaiden 1
90's - Mega Man X Snes Trilogy and Doom (4-way tie)
00's - Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
10's - Hotline Miami 1