DaS 2 vs DaS 3

Which has more bang for the buck?

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/onimusha-3-demon-siege-free-download.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DO NOT SEXUALIZE THE KURIBOH

DaS2 has more content, but much of that content is pretty mediocre. DaS3 has less content, but it will probably come off as more consistent in terms of quality.

Better yet though, don't bother with either game if you've played any other souls game because they're all the same fucking thing over and over again.

I'm autist. I enjoy more of the same.

DSII arguably has the most content and replay value of all the games. The problem is that its bogged down with bad mechanics, shitboxes etc. DSIII is shorter and is only worth it with the DLC, but still gets fairly repetitive.

Plus all the bosses in Dork Sewllls Tri are more funner

DaS 2 is a hot mess in terms of its systems, and was built around the stupid "haha so hard" meme, so be prepared for lots of bullshit. The Sotfs re-release completely breaks the entire game, destroying what redeeming factors the original release had and just throws bullshit at you constantly in some cases and feels completely empty of content in others. If by "bang for the buck" you mean you are looking to spend money, don't spend it here.

DaS 3 plays it really safe to the point of being highly derivative, but the systems aren't flaming shit, and is more satisfying to play. All the enemies are on speed for some reason, though, and some of the boss fights just kind of feel like the devs were saying fuck you, but it never seems totally unfair. If you are set on paying for one of these, I would go with this one.

I'd say DaS3 is more fun, and has an active community for PvP that isn't purely min-max twinks and NG+9 assholes who never moved on.

Bosses are arguably less interesting, but better mechanically. The setting itself will also demand you know some of the old characters/lore to really "get" what's going on and where you are.

Be prepared to hear nothing but cringey whining about how DaS3 "ruined" poise and other systems by daring to change how they worked, though. (AKA "muh Havel's isn't almost literally unstoppable anymore!? I HAVE TO WEIGH WHEN I CAN ATTACK!? FUCKING FROM-JEW-SOFT!")

3 was fun the first time through, when I went to do another playthrough I realised how linear and boring everything in the game is.

2 is fun every time because I can play differently every time. There's actual build variety, straight swords aren't BIS and magic does more than tickle. It also doesn't have a massive DS1 boner and constantly reference it.

You shut your mouth about poise. It was fun as fuck in DS1 and it being gutted for DS3 was disappointing. I can understand it needing work, but removing something instead of fixing it is amateur and lazy. Vit might have done the job just fine, as heavy armour weighs a lot, so there is a pay off. Also, bringing back tiers of equip load like fast, medium, slow and over encumbered instead of over encumbered, fast and slow.

only scrubs cry about Poise

just replay DaS/DeS, it will save you the disappointment

There's that fucking meme again. Try swinging your greatsword before you bitch about getting staggered. Poise is in the game and it works as the developers intended - a way to gain the advantage during trades with lightly-equipped players.

Dear lord is this a mixed reaction

Because you're asking for 2 games that just aren't that good compared to other games in the series. Honestly you're better off playing something else like Onimusha 3, Way of the Samurai 3/4, or Nioh.

igg-games.com/onimusha-3-demon-siege-free-download.html

Bloodborne

Best world: Dark Souls/Bloodborne
Best TIHYDP: Dark Souls 2
Best engine: Dark Souls 3

If they made a remaster of Dark Souls on the same engine as Das3, I'd buy it in a fucking second.

No. Poise added some variety to the game. BB is a game without shields and poise and it always plays the same. As I said, I understand it being too OP but surely there was a good way to fix it instead of just swapping it out for hyperarmour.

Wow, I can swing my weapon two times instead of one.

Maybe if you move those goalposts a little more you'll have a point, user. :^)

What you're talking about is typically called hyper armor. When people say "poise", they're almost always referring to the passive poise system from the earlier games, and not hyper armor.

I always thought Poise was a stat that contributed to super armor itself. Was I wrong?

what the hell are you talking about?

We get it user.

Poise is handled different in Dark Souls 3. It is not hyperarmour but it acts similar to hyperarmour.

refresh the page

Hence "changing how the system works." In the old games the passive poise system just forced an encumbrance arms-race and demanded you focus on ripostes and backstabs.

A lot of people who prefer DaS2 talk about build variety as if higher SLs weren't just tanks min-maxed to still be able to get the bare minimum necessary mobility.

Any other build is just goofing around in PvE.

Not enought 1 on 1 swordfights.

Hyper armor isn't poise.
Get hit at the beginning of your animation and you'll get fucked up anyway because hyper armor doesn't start at the beginning of the attack animation. It's silly.

Yeah just play DS1 or Demon's Souls.

When hyper armor only activates relatively deep into the midswing, with no startup poise, I'd say it's shit regardless of working as intended. Getting staggered by a toothpick because you haven't gone deep enough into the swing on their screen is shit.

In Demon's Souls, the only thing that existed was weapon-based hyper armor. In Dark Souls 1, they added poise, which is a form of passive, limited hyper armor based on your armor. It regenerates in moments where you're not getting hit, and if it drains, you get staggered. If you stacked a lot of it, you could facetank a fair number of bosses and smash away, which was kinda shit. Dark Souls 2 modified this for the worse, with poise being a buff to hyper armor that sort of prevents full staggers like it used to, but doesn't prevent a movement-snaring softstun if you aren't taking an action like rolling or attacking. It contributed to the game playing like mud, but at least it wasn't totally shitted up. Instead, it just allowed for even worse facetanking builds combined with other garbage mechanics, while making moderate poise investment worse. Dark Souls 3 made it even worse, with no variety of passive poise whatsoever- it has been lazily dummied out because reasons- and gives only a moderate buff to weapon-specific hyper armor for disproportionate weight investment into the heaviest armor, which as stated above applies VERY selectively in the middle of attacks and allows you to get staggered on startup for R1s & R2s, staggered between R1 hits if you don't immediately hit R1 again (such as if trying to rollcatch a small weapon using/laggy hornetstab fishing manual facing ignoring spitfuck) and even staggered between immediate R1 combos in some cases.

It feels like shit, works like shit, and only exists to let you trade favorably with total retards, as everyone else will do their best to make life hell for you by pussyfooting just outside your range waiting for you to engage, then lagging into their own and hitting you out of your second attack from what looks like half their range of dead open air away. Don't even get me started on UGS stomps; half of them are total shit helicopter swings that will never hit under any circumstances, the other half are nearly total shit launcher swings that will never hit anyone except retards that you predictively L2 at as they mash R1 2-3 times (only 3 is guaranteed, 2 might still let them roll out through latency) as everyone else will hit you once and then roll, get visibly hit at the end of their roll I-frames by the blade, and not get hit by the seemingly smaller-than-model hitbox. Because that was the one place From thought inverse phantom range was necessary. Also, you can get staggered at the start of the stomp, and if you delay for even a fraction of a second on selecting a move just like with R1s after the stomp goes off, and it doesn't have any kind of staggerframe like the Millwood charge or Artorias flip to lock someone in for being a facehugging retard against your giant tin can build that ought to be hard to deal with in a knockdown slapfight and is the exact opposite. Some of these problems can be mitigated by favorable lag preventing the enemy from fucking you in nonsensical ways and thus eating hits for playing like cocky retards who think they can get free butterknife hits playing chicken with a freight train, but it's more likely you'll receive the inverse treatment and get lagged all over by potato-connection Europeans or the Chinese if you're in America.

What the fuck am I reading here. Das3 is the one with the shitty mechanics and systems by throwing poise and heavy builds out of the window, even more retarded covenants than what was previously achieved, worst game for invasions, useless weapon arts, etc. Dark Souls 2 might have had boring level design and lazy trash mobs but at least it was a Souls game that let you build whatever you wanted and still be viable.

ds1