Diablo

Will there ever be a good Diablo game again?

Other urls found in this thread:

diablo1.ovh.org/hd/?download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, but the California-centered entertainment cabal will sure as shit pump out enough garbage to make you think even a mediocre new game would be the bees knees.

Am I the only one expecting Diablo 4 to have at least a tranny?

The main antagonist of Diablo 3 already was one.

I'm legit surprised that it was the bad guy. Normally when they shoehorn in a tranny it's the "Oh look how immoral everyone is for not accepting that I'm a tranny!" kind of shit.

Pretty sure Diablo xirself is actually a tragic villain now or some shit.

No. Just play Nioh.

I should have expected no less from nuBlizzard.

Path of Exile, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn are actually pretty good. You could also wait for Freeablo and the /agdg/ game some user is making

Play Tchernobog for D1 and stop advertising your naivety.

What the fuck do people even want from this genre? It hasn't really progressed in gameplay quality in any meaningful way in 17 years.

Just play Path of Exile

JRPGs have been in a worse state for far longer

The closest thing to a good Diablo game was Tourchlight 2 and it was total garbage. I think the first tow Diablo games was a fluke and Jay Wilson while incompetent was ludicrously correct. Blizzard was never good aside for SC Brood war

Everything up until WC3 was good in some way or another.
Lost Vikings was great.

Is Diablo 1 really that that good? I have both of them on that d drive that came with Diablo 3 and I'm thinking of selling it, but I might keep it depending on how the games aged.

Clearly xe was just corrupted

No, be glad you got Diablo 2.

what about Wolcen?

Not holding my breath on this one.

Was there ever a good Diablo game in the first place?

What's wrong with cryengine? What engine would you have chosen?

The problem is that it seems like no one knows how to use it right and unless these guys can prove otherwise I'm not convinced this game will be any different. I'm not going to trust a overly edited trailer.

Yes, but I'd get the HD mod. Makes it 60fps and you can slide the resolution, it also adds a bunch of cut content.

diablo1.ovh.org/hd/?download

Niggers, you're making stuff up. There isn't anything redeeming or tragic about Diablo and I hope noone tried to spin it that way.
The only tragic character could be that girl that got possessed, but that is no different than the previous Dark Wanderer from D2. They both got tricked which ended in their possession and them being dead? damned? destroyed? I don't fucking know.

Didn't Blizzard make that one cool angel black for diversity reasons? I'm guessing that's not widely accepted as cannon.

If anything their next game will be even worse and lack the only redeeming thing blizzard games had: polish. They are too busy focusing on diversity and virtue signalling

Tyrael, when he became a mortal, yes.

Dead in the water. PoE already exists, and if people wanted to play that, they'd play it instead of this.

I dunno. He always sounded black to me.

/thread

The original D1 is still playable with mods by the way. Go get that instead of any Diablo "clone" or, worse, Diablo 3.

corrupted

If they realized their mistakes then there's definitely a chance of a Diablo game being good again.

However, that's like saying if gravity stopped it's bullshit we'd be able to colonize mars with ease.

Blizzard is so insulated from reality with their fans that they don't even recognize their failures. No matter what they do their semi-casual target demographic buys it entirely because 'its a blizzard game' and they rake in money. If there is any god or devil then we will be lucky and they'll stick to their shitty cash cow micro-transaction products and stop shitting up the industry.

As an example of just how bad this is. They do not view Diablo 3 as a massive failure. They made money on it, and still make money off of it because people enjoyed Diablo 2 and delude themselves into thinking 3 is fun. So the careful autopsy that needs to be done internally (or by looking at any of the hundreds of youtube videos, blog posts or use of basic logic) to realize how they fucked up and what to fix. The story isn't beyond saving, it was done in possibly the most shitty way imaginable in 3 but the facts of what have happened aren't such a departure that it can not be salvaged. Especially since the games weren't much about plot to begin with.

I just want a top down class based click RPG. Yes, I know Path of Exile exists but I simply don't like their singular talent forest and skill gems, though I do respect that as a way to go. Honestly I had more Diablo type fun in Ragnarok Online than I did with PoE.

I just recently started replaying Diablo 1 and 2 and think that Diablo 1 was the best out of it.

Can you recommend any good mods?

Diablo 1 == 1 Love
Why does this game has to be so perfect? Ideal mix of satanism/occultism, audio, gothic aesthetic, one-legged boys and cows. Truly nothing could ever come close to it in terms of its spooky 8-bit atmosphere. Games like those don't make us / our kids autists, they truly made me pious, but not afraid of the dark forces. t. /x/

Diablo 2 is shit. It is final. Even though it's more populated by autists trying to scam you for precious Zod rune

hory shit! this game is actively modified at this exact moment!

Double this request. Also could someone recommend mods for a lazy fuck like me that are able to run under Wine?

Just tried it out. Thanks man, this is amazing

There has never been a good diablo game.

There has never been a good diablo clone.

Play one of the half dozen Diablo 2 conversions out there.
Median still gets updates.

I just want a Diablo2 mod of Tristam that has the same lay-out as the Diabo1 version.

Why did amazon put arrow through her face?
Why paladin and sorc aren't niggers?
Why necro isn't an albino?
Shit fucking picture.

Sorceress would be a sandnigger tbh.

Nigger is a nigger.

I took a type 5 yesterday. It was very satisfying.

Then I had a type 7. It looked like it had blood in it

PoE is pretty good these days, I have put in over 300 hours since 3.0 hit last month.
Still playing daily.

I remember a select few times in my life that I ever produced a 3.

Nearly all of mine are type 4's

What the fuck nobody cares

Can I play this singleplayer game offline yet? No? Fuck off then.

That isn't how life works. Diablo and Diablo II are the products of a bygone era. You'll never get another good Diablo game again because the moment in time that produced them will never exist again. You got all you're going to get and now that well is dry.

Go play the original two and be glad they happened at all. Their magic will never be replicated, but they'll never stop being great either.

No, its fucked, keep paying for WoW, Heartstone and Overcuck though

Reminder what Diablo 3 could have and should have been.

Reminder that the perspective would have been extremely limited and would have played like shit.

At least it has the proper art direction and isn't cartoony shit like all NuBlizzard games.

That cartoony style really fucked them up. Why did they latch onto it so hard?

if there ever will be, it won't be made by blizzard

It's easy to make.
Diablo 3 more like Torchlight 3. And that is a fucking indie game.

It started with WC3 and I think it was simple laziness. Which I can kinda understand considering they had to model hundreds of models.

The rest was just trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Compare how the old Starcraft Marines look with the ones in Starcraft 2. It's all generic scifi shit with no soul but the Koreans love it.

Bullshit. Every time people meme about these 2 games being some kind of amazing but I wasted money on Torchlight 2 and it was fucking shit
I didn't waste money on PoE 2 but I wasted download time and time of my own playng it
The character designs in both games were so awful that I couldn't stand playing them; on top of this their beginnings were nothing special and weren't even close to coming to compelling me towards going further

Don't you know? Punishment for abandoning being an angel is becoming black.

just looking at the images you can clearly see it's not just one perspective.

Don't spread lies. Koreans hate it. Most koreans only went to SC2 for the money but so many of them left the scene and went back to brood war. Some never left brood war in the first place.
Blizzard's fuck up is universal, that's why they remastered SC1

Will there ever be a good Diablo game?

(checked)
These dubs cannot lie.

And then they took a shit on the original version by fucking over the operating systems it was developed for with a patch that breaks battle.net on them.

Here's an interesting watch for people who are curious about Diablo 1's development. It's a presentation by David Brevik, the original president of Blizzard North.

How would that scratch the same itch he's feeling? Those two games don't seem too similar.

To target a wider audience and draw in casuals and shekels. Nu blizzard are no longer staffed by people who are passionate about games; they are staffed by people with corporate interests and maximizing profit with minimum input. Customer loyalty doesn't really translate well onto bookkeeping, so there is no incentive to continue to cater to loyal autists.

And they took a shit on the BW scene as it was in the start of a rebirth by shutting down tournaments until the remaster released and killed all momentum.

How does one company fuck up so thoroughly?

Have some OC

I didn't want to start another thread about Grim Dawn, so I'll post the trailer of a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay delayed expansion here.

Not even that anymore, they recently came out and said they were going to focus hard on diversity in their workplace and I think they were serious about it and not just being virtue signalling faggots.

Good job

About fucking time.

Well that's fucking depressing.
I didn't follow what happened after the remaster, but I didn't expect them to fuck that up considering the whole point of making SC:R was to get back to the audience they lost
It'd be like Nintendo remastering Melee and then destroying its unique competitive scene
This disgusts me.

Amazing job user; that's getting fucking saved.

Where are the best parts to listen to, or the most relevant? This is pretty long and I don't wanna spend too much time today finding the most worthwhile parts as I've got some work to do.

They take the worst parts of both worlds and ruin our beloved franchises; fucking bastards.

This is really good, user. Good job.