Good Original Video Game Music with Vocals

Post good original video game music with vocals

Other urls found in this thread:

animelyrics.com/game/top/topywo.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=eoicX3RPf5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's something other than the usual suspects.

Thank you based Kojimbo.

We ought to have a rule in these threads to have people comment on at least another song from the thread to make it more than just song dumps.

Does this really count as lyrics? Background choirs that just chant some non-descript pseudo-latin seem more of an "instrument" really.

Underrated OST for an underrated game.

Vocals are vocals.

FREEEEEDOM

In this thread, let the music do the talking

I will hereby comment on the track I posted. That'll have to do. Are you ready? Here goes:
SF3:TS was the last Street Fighter game that had more than one or two good songs

Unsurprisingly, the guy who was responsible for the Snake Eater theme also worked on this OST.

And now, one with great lyrics

The game ranges from shit to decent but this fight was a fucking 10/10 treat complete with original sentai tier music.

Youtube is for gays.

I like the remix much better.

LOVE IT

I agree but that particular song is terrible

You're right, youtube IS for gays.

This one is basically cheating for vocals, but I don't care.

Low energy.

Nigger, I was getting to that. Best track coming through.

Man, the entire XIV soundtrack is 10/10. Even some of the worst themes in the game would make fans of other mmos brag about how awesome their soundtrack is.

We need more musical vidya. Catchy songs will be stuck with you for ages.
I can still sing the first verse of Stars of Tears from Xenogears by heart.
Sorry for the video quality. I would rather keep the sound quality.

Does laughing counts as vocals?

You have to admit that SB really dropped the ball in the musical department in XIV. Lakshimi is the only really memorable melody in that expansion. At least we got a super clear version of video related, I loved being a newb and hearing this theme kick in during the final phase.

It bothers me that there aren't proper track titles being a gamerip, but this one deserves mention.

SNES had some of the best soundtracks.

..Just a quick question: what's the deal with 4chan's ip range ban? why does it exist and how cna i bypass it.

Vocals aren't on the original soundtrack, but the music is original to the game, so fuck it.

Vocal music, bruh.

They are both alright but there is something about the Genesis that made it sound like a fucking video game compared to the midi fest that was most SNES games. The Genesis had the same problem but it was much harder to tell.

Why isn't there a greater emphasis on music in video games like there is in movies? I understand that I'm going to get a lot of responses that will be something along the lines of
and

But music is the best aspect of setting up the mood and feel of a game, far beyond visuals in my opinion. Take for example the game Hotline Miami. Graphically, it was really awful. If it were any other game, I probably would have disregarded it as indie pixel shit. But its remembered and noted because of its soundtrack, and the feeling it puts into the player while playing the game. Another example is most of Ace Combat's soundtrack. Music is almost always the thing players remember most about cherished video games, and music can be made to tug at our strings far better than any conflated story can (of course, a good story and good soundtrack go hand-in-hand).

I feel like many times, developers inadvertently neglect aspects of music, soundtrack and ambiance to focus on visual themes & queues, and even gameplay.

I love the Genesis (I even have an emulation of the synthesizer for when I make music), but I feel the Genesis didn't have as many quality composers, better chip, but there were a lot of people making music for the Genesis that had no idea what they were fucking doing.

Hey, don't you be shittalking Shinryu's theme

got a clinically unhealthy boner

Though I won't deny that Beauty's Wicked Wiles isn't an amazing theme

Probably because making good music that fits is hard so they would rather focus on the "story".
You wouldn't want music do disrupt the cinematic experience now would you :^)

FUCK
Have another Bard's tale.

Holy shit, what a huge departure from every FF game past 10! The final steps of faith was a better treat because it wove the main theme with the battle theme which made for a really amazing sounding final encounter if your retarded pt can manage to kill the damn adds. Shinryu and Susano's theme felt like the music department dialed it in for most of SB. I will say that the generic boss battle music is enjoyable though.

But I think the track record for Stormblood boss themes so far is even with HW's

One good vocal song: Ravana/Lakshmi
One mediocre non-vocal song: Bismarck/Susano
A suitably awesome final boss theme: Knights of the Round/Shinryu

Movies suffer dramatically more with a lack of attention to audio. Since you aren't doing anything to participate, you notice elements that are wrong more easily. Games can be carried as a minimum viable product by interactive mechanics and visual elements, with little effort and money spent on audio.

You have to bear in mind that Final Steps of Faith was 3.3. We haven't even hit 4.1 yet.

I just hope the entire raid tier isn't going to be reorchestrated versions of old Final Fantasy songs, though I wouldn't mind if one of the bosses wound up being Braska's Final Aeon and we got Otherworld

:^)

That shit is what made me hate Omega. Holy fuck, they just reused Dissidia assets. Omega deserves better than that shit considering it's background and lead up into the story.

What is that smile supposed to mean?

Surely if developers want a better product, they would simply work on the soundtrack? A good soundtrack can improve all aspects of visuals, story telling and gameplay. And I don't think money is an excuse for it either, especially since music these days is so widely produced and in fact very easily made compared to previous standards.

Speaking of which.

Simple. You need creativity and an imagination. I don't know if you noticed but most games now a days lack that spark.

Yakuza's full of them.

That's interesting, I love TW101's OST but I had no idea he was involved.

At least Neo Exdeath is a fun fight
I doubt they'll give us Sephiroth in this expansion's raids. They're saving him for the final boss of the Garlemald raids. G4 will have Emerald Weapon as its boss, G8 will have Ruby Weapon, G12 will have sephiroth

FUCK
Every time I fuck up, I rip another Bard's tale song.

when i heard this in the first trailer for the game i fucking nutted

You can't really plan out unique musical cues in most video games the same way you can in a film, if only because of their relative length. If a game is going to have a combat theme, a menu theme or an overworld theme, obviously that cue will seem less emphatic because of how much it needs to be repeated, and unique themes will only stand out during novelty encounters like boss fights. Probably the best recent example I can think of is the way "Life Will Change" is implemented on heist days in Persona 5, it plays out constantly over the normal menu themes and enemy themes for emphasis.

For something like Silent Hill, for example, it's easy to plan the music out in that cinematic way, since those games are at best 3 hours apiece and they're constantly moving from one scenario to another without lingering too much. Those games have a lot of film-like musical cues, like "Alone in the Town" playing out at the end of Laura and Eddie's exchange in the bowling alley, or the reprise of "Laura's Theme" on the burning staircase. It's probably the exception to the rule, though.

I would strongly take issue with the idea that there's greater emphasis on music in film than there is in vidya, anyway, video games are way more likely to feature original compositions than licensed soundtracks and that shit takes effort.

Yeah, it's fun. However it's a bummer when I can put on my own music and not lose anything. Considering Omega's power i'm sure we will see more reused dissida assets. I'm betting on a playstation/ps2 era boss for O8 and mini Omega for O12. Alexander was tons better than what Omega offers. In terms of story, music, and how well it ties into the main story Alex is beating the shit out of Omega. I'll wait for O8 but we got Brute Justice for A8, they better knock it out of the park or even more people will complain.

Yeah, I would have liked to have Bubble in the localisation too I still like the intro tune we got though

Alexander hardly tied into the main story at all. And O1-4 blows A1-4 out of the water in terms of quality. Alexander didn't get interesting until Midas, if you'll remember. Hell, the second "Boss" of alexander was just waves of trash mobs. Both raids so far have started out slow and spiked in quality for the second tier.

You guys are alright.
How much of a faggot am I if I really like this version of Intelligent for Violence?

you aren't a fag, the remixes in kiwami were pretty weak except for that one which was a banger

The damn thing was frozen in a bubble in one of the final areas of the expansion. On top of that it gave us more insight on the korean sluts al'rah or whatever they are called and the goblins. I agree that the A4 was pretty weak in terms of mechanics but the story and look was tons better than what we have seen with Omega. I'm still waiting for O8 and hoping they are just getting ready to show off. Omega in general just feels like they didn't try as hard in terms of how the new areas look and music.

I love the remix because it reminds of Rumble in the city from KoF 98 and Intelligent for Violence is one of those songs that is really hard to fuck up.

Y-you too. I like that version as well
I think my favourite remix I've come across so far in Kiwami is Pray Me Revive.

And Omega made a giant hole in a mountain and the ground out in the first zone of Stormblood and is giving us valuable insight on the Allagan developing the technology that has plagued us since the always. I'd hardly count information on the backstory of one tribe of the xaela as tying in importantly to the backstory.

The look of Omega fights would be better, honestly, if they took place in the Rift itself rather than a pocket dimension within it. I suspect we'll fight Omega himself in the rift at least for O12. A1-4s battlefields though were just "Steampunk Room" though. The only interesting bit of any of them was the Quarantine room for 4. It will be interesting to see what the Ultimate battlefield will be though.

Yet more of those games I've never actually played, but I really like the music

AYOOO
HOL UP
HOL UP

you be tellin me?

The zone you are talking about hardly is used after you get past it as opposed to outside Idleshire. On top of that a time bubble with a machine trapped in it is a lot more noticeable than a hole tucked away in a mountain full of purple Ivan Ooze.

You're toying with forces you don't understand.

I HEARD YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT KATAMARI LIKE I WOULDN'T HEAR

Nonsense.

I guess this is a Katamari thread now.

RULES OF STANDING HERE

well zone of the enders lyrics are nonsense unless listened to backwards

ON THE EDGE AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

I was honestly touched by this one. I kept replaying the stage just for the music.

Wario Ware — Tomorrow Hill
—-
Sun shining through my window
It gleams like honey so golden and so sweet
You can almost taste it
Driving through Diamond City
I wanna escape the crowds and concrete for
Where the hill and sky meet
Sitting inside my pocket
I packed a cupcake to sweeten up my view
When I make it up there

And another day fades away
But it's a magic memory, a magic memory
One that I'll keep close to my heart for
Any gloomy day when the view"s not quite as sweet as today

Yesterday, sinks away
Down with the buildings and skies
But the horizon greets me, with possibility
Just gotta keep on climbing
Concrete, traffic, streetlights, they all fade away
As I approach the blue sky
Feathery clouds in my eyes
Already said my goodbyes

I know tomorrow shines bright at the top of this hill
It always will
I know tomorrow shines bright at the top of this hill
I know that it always will

i was honestly touched by faggots
i keept replying to them just for the meme

SONIC — best music ever made —.

Daniel Licht died about a month ago. RIP

I enjoyed the soundtrack, but in pure honesty, I didn't fully enjoy the vocals in some of the songs.

I was thinking of "Post videogame, get music recommendation" threads somewhere.
Vid related, do any /mu/fags on here know any real music albums that sound like this game's soundtrack?

You fags are all really young.

Most of Double Dragon Neon's soundtrack (not counting mix-tapes) would qualify.

Bit surprising for this full English song to be on the soundtrack for a game like this, but then again, being odd was the name of the game with Legendia. The soundtrack itself being the high point of the game.

It's unfortunate, but happens at times when a game doesn't see a proper soundtrack release, and even if it has an audio test mode, sometimes those tracks aren't even labelled aside from generic "Track 1", "Track 2", etc. Aside from that about all that can be done is fan-title them for easier identification (IE: "SEQ_BGM13" of Avalon Code could be fan-titled into "Tornaq Ice Cavern", the location it plays).

Those are masterpieces.

And so is this.

written in a unique language, features saori kobayashi's usual multi-layered polyrhythms and eri itohs (count 'em, 8 octaves!) vocals.

I played in a private server that had this song, and i liked it.

Best ending theme ever?

Clay Fighter, Clay Clay Fighter
Come on fight them if you dare!
Clay Fighter, Clay Clay Fighter
Hit 'em back and they don't care!

Neat lyrics: animelyrics.com/game/top/topywo.htm

Vocals by Eric Martin of Mr. Big. So corny that it hurts.

Holy fuck.

My nigga

The Total War games composed by Jeff van Dyck have very nice soundtracks

Bonus: Misha's version:
youtube.com/watch?v=eoicX3RPf5Q
I would have rather have found versions without the false language translation captions though, perhaps I might get some better quality versions and webm them later.
I would've much rather that ar tonelico wasn't such a lackluster game mechanically thought

Sonic music is easy mode.

I thought about it, but I don't really like nu-Sonic much. For your trips though, I'll make an exception with what I have on hand.

neither did you
also

what an autist

Who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion?

I'm amazed you remember A New Venture but I wish you had forgotten.

I cant believe I forgot about silent hill music

This doesn't even click. You should have looked for a female Griffith because he is so gay that only women cosplay him.

やめろ

Another weird vocal song from Legendia. I want to say this one is sung with the ingame "MelFes" language, but I'm not certain.

WolfTeam worked some black magic with how to the vocals to "The Dream Will Never Die", as well as the character voicing in general, to fit on the cartridge if memory serves. Still took one of the largest SFC cartridges to pull off, and was a rather late release too (both likely part of why the west never saw it on the SNES). Both that render, and the PS1 version of the song, honestly sound quite good in their own rights, but the SFC song gets bonus points for pulling it off (whereas CD based media had a lot more room for both audio and visuals). I want to say I've also heard Star Ocean SFC has similar character voicing, so if that also has vocal songs on it (Tri-Ace being disgruntled ex-WolfTeam members that left due to how Namco handled Tales of Phantasia), it wouldn't shock me. Haven't played it myself though.

Kind of funny just how much space audio has wound up taking up over the years. Seen some JP language packs as DLC for various games that come out to being bigger on their own than some PS1 games were on the whole back in the day.

WEW

Metal Gear Solid always delivers

Speaking of Burke, might as well mention she sang in too.

WOOOOOOOAAAAAHHHH

And I was going to post the wipeout 3 soundtrack.

Are you stupid? How do you expect to understand the lyrics without translations?

And calling Hymmnos a "false language" is the height of retardedness.