VNs are worse than walkingsims

Why are VNs allowed here? They aren't videogames.
At least in walkingsims you can do something, in VNs all you do is read. They are basically books with lots of pictures.

Because there's no video games.

Because weebs + Mark is a gay Jew

Two reasons:

Check this 5

kill yourself goon

Kinetic novels are the ones with no choices where you just read.

Like clockwork

Kill yourself nigger, this is a weeb board.

Because muh waifus and muh board culture.
Same reason mobile shit is allowed too by the way.
This place is not about video games anymore.
You'd think /svidya/ would save us, but it's dead.
Anons themselves are dead.

Oh fuck you're right, my bad. But why is that? Wouldn't kinetic imply that something moves? And Visual Novels are just a Visual Novel? How does that make sense?

The real reason is walking simulators are often associated with indie games, which Holla Forums so desperately despise since it associates them with SJW and pretentiousness.
VN are often associated with anime and Japanese culture so they get a pass.

Because you get branching options, which come with failstates and multiple endings based on your choices. I know that may seem insufficient but that is enough for them to meet the definition of vidya.

Perhaps by today's Dean Takahashi standards, but real vidya requires some sort of challenge to overcome. Multiple choice questions don't count as challenge.

Because they are produced and sold as video games on video game platforms. Your personal definition doesn't mean shit.

It may not be enjoyable or in the slightest challenging but that doesn't change the definition. The definition of what a videogame is isn't defined by how fun or difficult it is to play.

A thread talking about videogames died for this.

No, but interactivity is not the only definition of vidya. Choose-your-own-adventure books are interactive. Challenge is intrinsic to vidya.

You think you get to fuck your waifu in a VN just by telling her to?

Skyrim is quite the RPG, no?

Because VNs actually have not awful stories and music.

That doesn't make it a game.
GAME
PLAY

Go be a faggot somewhere else please.

You have no argument either, just your shitty, irrelevant opinion.

My argument is that there is little to no gameplay to the point where console movie games have more gameplay. And this a video game board, not an interactive story board.

Your argument requires back up evidence.

What you have to do is provide a counter argument by showing me VN gameplay.

What about text adventure games do you not understand?

The part where its a game.

okay

So fuck off to another board if you don't know what games are.

We've had the additional stipulation which states that VN discussion is allowed for what, 2+ years? And that was discussed and agreed upon in the meta threads at the time.
All the blatant newfags trying to police what should and shouldn't be discussed here really stick out like a sore thumb.

It's either goons trying to subvert the board, or normalfags from reddit. Either way they don't belong here.