Why the fuck do pre-launch gameplay videos of games never show cool shit like this?

Why the fuck do pre-launch gameplay videos of games never show cool shit like this?

No reviewer, no LPer, no video anywhere shows off the fact that you can fucking airdash at light speed through levels in Ys VIII.

How is this even remotely cool? Spamming dodge to go around the world slightly faster is present in a shitton of games.
Plus I'm pretty sure you get a sprint later on the game, similar to Ys 7's charge boots.

Because pre-launch gameplay trailers have a minimal amount of time to show off only the things that are going to get people to buy it. People like me, and presumably you since you made this thread, are autistic about good movement in games, but I get the impression that while it's something which most normalfags enjoy, they don't actually notice it. They're probably not going to care about movement in a game unless the premise of the game is movement.

Additionally, repetitive movements like that don't look good in a way that sells the idea of the game. They look closer to bugs or exploits, which most people either don't care about or avoid. When watching a trailer/gameplay trailer, most people want to see only base mechanics at play, because they want to fantasize about the world and story, not how they're going to dashjump though that world and story to save time. If you were making the trailer to OoT, would you have included footage of Link repeatedly rolling, side jumping, or walking backwards with Z-targeting? If your goal is to get people the buy the game, the sane thing to do is to include a brief segment which shows him climbing, swimming, and rolling a couple times, just to show that a handful of movement options exist, without breaking the romanticization. You wouldn't show 30 seconds of him spamming the roll like an autist, even though that's exactly what every player is going to wind up doing on their first playthrough. At that stage, the image of The Hero Of Time and the idea of being him is more important than how The Hero Of Time plays. It's a case of "You don't sell the steak, you sell the sizzle".

It's not any kind of groundbreaking, but a dash option is always cool and appreciated. A trailer that demonstrates decent movement options, especially unique movement options, is likely to get me interested.

weird

It came out last year and then again just a couple months ago.

Pure coincidence goy.

A new game release coming is a perfectly normal cause of discussion about it arising. You're not on Holla Forums anymore, so think before you post.

A NISA game shouldn't be advertised though.

The shills and goys are out in full, I don't deny.

>>>/somethingawful/

it shouldn't, so download the PC version and use the fan patch when it comes out.

hey Holla Forums please stop ruining Holla Forums

t. Holla Forums

Why does it look like a PS2 game?

because nihon falcom is really bad at grafix, but their gameplay has always been on point.

hey Holla Forums please stop posting on Holla Forums

t. Holla Forums

Holla Forums, Holla Forums pls go

t. Holla Forums

How about you go kill yourself?

Modern TV is shit, so I don't see how Holla Forums can be ruined any more than it is.