>id rather be his whore than your wifeouch

>id rather be his whore than your wifeouch

Attached: Titanic_t00.mkv_snapshot_02.20.50_[2016.07.12_00.22.24].jpg (1920x1080, 837.75K)

Why did she hate him so much

>>134066183Somehow she got feminist ideals in a time when women were normally subservient to their husbands.

>>134065236>rather be with a poor man than a rich man that will finance her lifestyle and have her set for decades Yeah no

>>134066183He actually seemed like a decent dude. He was willing to support her and provide a good life for her broke ass. All he asked was for her to not meddle in his talks with friends and (publicly) support his ideas and beliefs. But she threw it all away for some rat painter

>>134066236Was he even that bad before she started running away with some asshole?

He hit her ANONS That's literally rape

Is Rose the most unlikable protagonist of a major Blockbuster movie ever? In every way, shape, and form she is such a fucking cunt.

>won't let your wife sleep with the love of her lifeClosed minded

>>134066183Because women.

>>134066468I mean they’re both molestation

Cameron only made him a cartoonish asshole so rose didn’t look like a total slut for leaving him for another man

>>134065236That line would have been more believable if Leo's character had been black.

Attached: D3DAAF24-FC7A-481D-B561-96DDF318D6B5.png (1887x520, 267K)

>>134066468No he didn't

>>134066671Cameron can only write 1-dimensional characters. Cal is only bad just for the sake of needing a "villain" >>134066403there was nothing to suggest that. Rose just seemed bored with her rich life, but for some reason took it out on Cal, instead of her mom which was a bigger antagonist in all this

Attached: Titanic_t00.mkv_snapshot_01.11.07_[2016.07.11_23.21.10].jpg (1920x1080, 945.19K)

>>134066281She couldn't stand the vapid upper class gatherings that her life was going to revolve around.

>>134066888>>134066281But why? If she grew up surrounded by that why would she hate it? How would she know what she thinks shes missing out on?

>>134066940She wanted to go to drunken fiddle parties

>>134066183Every woman in a relationship is always asking herself “Am I truly happy?” and “Could I do better?”

>>134066940She saw a guy who despite being dirt poor, felt carefree and happy with his life.

>>134067099she was ready to kill herself over the vapid lifestyle before even meeting Jack

Attached: Titanic.1997.Open.Matte.1080p.BRRip.6CH.MkvCage.mkv_snapshot_01.25.44.jpg (1920x1080, 261.55K)

>>134065236>>134066183

Attached: titanicpasta.png (911x858, 602.67K)

>>134066743>>134067283God damn do I hate women.The worst part is that there are a lot of women worse than Rose

>>134067209Why? Was there no way she could get married and then talk to Cal and say "Hey if you love me I want to become a painter and do free-spirited art shit"? Where was the contract that said she had to be a vapid socialite instead of whatever else she wanted to do?

Dicaprio was too good looking for a poorfag

>>134068239Read up about social and cultural standards in the early 1900s. This was 1912. no womens rights, no voting. no suffragettes yet.Women just did what men told them to do, and if they wanted to do any hobbies that might embarass him or the family name she couldnt do it

>>134067283Women just can't help being utterly useless.

Attached: 1578634690406.jpg (492x449, 47.91K)

>>134068525Women could still have hobbies like painting you fucking moron, espeically when she married into a rich family.

>>134066721Yellow hands type this.

>>134068988No user, there were no women artists before the 1960's, and no authors or activists either.

>>134066500Yeah

> anons can't get their head around narrative devicesRose is an archetype of a lost character, so displeased with her current circumstances that she would, without hesitation, take any road that would lead her anywhere new and different from her former life. It could've been anything. A cult leader, a religious outbreak, a gang of outlaws, a lover... Any character that was able to take her on a big adventure and save her from the boredom and marasmus of her former life. We've all seen that trope repeatedly in movies. So there's no point in questioning it too much or trying to fit the narrative into your misogynistic frustrations. As Cameron himself pitched, Titanic is romeo and juliet on a sinking ship. Rich girl falls for poor boy. Girl can't be with boy because of her family's expectations. They're bankrupt, so marrying the magnate is necessary to maintain their lifestyle. But their love is too strong, they're both youngsters, she's only 17, falling in love for the first time, she was absolutely miserable before, even with all the jewelry and luxury. She's had it for a her entire life and it didn't make her an ounce happier. And now she sees a boy that, despite being poor, seems to be so lively, so adventurous, so happy, so exciting, and the most important thing, so fucking handsome... It's a disaster waiting to happen.

>>134069307disaster you say?

Attached: Titanic.1997.Open.Matte.1080p.BRRip.6CH.MkvCage.mkv_snapshot_02.40.23.jpg (2560x1440, 309.61K)

>>134069307Everything you said is completely fine, the main problem is Rose remarried with some other guy after the Titanic incident. She's had kids, grandkids and still even in her final years all she could think of was the chad she met on a ship decades ago that she knew for like a week, the husband she spent decades with he can fuck right off, nah it's Jack she's been secretly thinking about her entire life.

If she was happy with her life and her fiancee then there wouldn't be much of a movie, would it? > Happily married rich girl falls for handsome slumdogYeah, that's sound like a blockbuster alright. The audience needed to sympathize with Rose's character in order for the film to work, and the only way to do that was portraying her rich life as vain, empty, toxic and oppressing, and her fiancee as cold, manipulative and rude.Then she meets this street rat who coincidentally is absurdly beautiful, Charming, caring, and he looks like the devil's invitation card to a lust adventure. Who honestly could've said no to young dicaprio.

>>134066236Not even true, bourgeois women at the time basically did what they wanted in the anglo gynocracies

>>134066743never has a single post so succinctly summarized the female gender

Attached: yikes.jpg (3596x2102, 1.11M)

>>134068525That's such over-dramatized retardation. Men didn't control every aspect of women's lives just lmfao. Have you ever imagined what it would be like to have to control every single aspect of someone else's existence? Exhausting and not worth it.

>>134068525>This was 1912. no womens rights,kek

>>134069636Not who you're responding to but why would she talk about her husband and grandchildren when they're asking her about the Titanic? Obviously old, repressed memories about Jack, her first true love, are going to flood her brain. Especially since they specifically ask about a painting of a young, naked Rose that was painted by this boy she loved decades before. What's she going to do, not tell the story?That said I still love the memes and think it was cunty to throw the diamond in the ocean.

>>134069636Jack was her first love, and she'd literally just painstakingly recounted her whole story, so of course he was on her mind at the end. There's nothing to suggest she didn't love her family.

>>134068525Literally the opposite of the truth, women of that class did nothing but pretend to be painters, writers, philanthropists, etc all day

>>134066500Jenny from forest gump is Rosex100000

>>134066743This is basically my ex-wife.

>>134069636Pretty redpilles moment actually, married men are always the plan b/retirement option for a woman

>>134069894>If she was happy with her life and her fiancee then there wouldn't be much of a movie, would it?That would be fine if Caledon was an abusive asshole.In fact, Titanic would be much better if Caledon was originally a poorfag only marrying Rose for her father’s money, and they played off that by having Rose slowly realize that Jack was also only trying to fuck her for her dad’s money.

>>134069636I think you're reading too much into it. Old rose is telling her love story to the crew, but most crucially, she's telling it to the audience, and she must sell her bid, telling that heartbreaking tragic love story, a flame that burned so brightly but also so quickly. She even tells to her granddaughter "I loved your grandfather". She probably went there and lived a happy long fulfilling life, but she still has this one secret that she never told anyone. This bittersweet love story that is the actual motif of the film. So of course she will talk about it like a life changing experience that completely changed her forever and that she never forgot. She probably never loved anyone as intensely as she loved jack, but only because their love ended tragically soon. If they had ported in new york and entered USA together and lived as a couple, surely they would suffer like any other couple once the sparkle of their juvenile romance ran out of fuel and their love turned stale and routinesc. But it didn't. Their love ended on its very climax, that's why she remembers it so vividly. She has too. This memory of hers is the foundation of the film, and she has to convey it properly for the audience "I lived the greatest love of my life and I lost it tragically, all aboard the Titanic". That doesn't necessarily annihilate everything she lived after it, it doesn't make her marriage and the men she loved after it a lie or a fraud. Had you never had a young first love? You'd understand if you did. We never forget those and we'll always carry them in our hearts. That doesn't mean every subsequent relationship is a lie.

>>134069636Nigga it's a movie, you're going in too deep. After rose got all of the world audiences tearing up after Jack's death, you wanted her to say what exactly?> Oh yes, but I recovered the trauma and soon married again.

>>134065236She could see where Leo would be in 20 years compared to where Billy would be in 20 years.

>>134070285She's not really the protagonist though I agree Jenny is fucking awful and the kid likely isn't even Forrest's.

I had to rewatch Titanic after having been in one of these threads, and you guys are right. Rose was a genuine whore who humiliated a pretty decent guy for some subhuman Irish rat painter, and then humiliated her husband with whom she had plenty of kids for some rat she had a one night stand with on a ship. And then gave zero fucks about anyone but herself in regards to the diamond.

Is this the 40 year old virgin thread?

>>134066743what a jerk

>>134068525God it must have been great being a white man for all of history up until like 50 years ago.

Is Holla Forums also contaminated with the incel virus? Actually is all of 4chan on that page now? I thought the evil was sealed and contained within the depths of /r9k/ but it seems it's not.Is it just like Holla Forums now? Misogyny is a norm everywhere in this site now? Must we sink any lower? Just go out there and have sex, the internet is Poisoning your mind.

>>134070965>Misogyny is a norm everywhere in this site now?Why do redditors pretend to be from here when they obviously know nothing about the site? Both misogyny and racism has been part of 4chan culture since its fucking inception, you redditnigger.

>>134070965Stop acting so outraged, you’re not going to get upvotes for posts like this. All you did was bump the thread

Of course she’s a dumb whore but more importantly about the necklace. There is a 0% chance that they actually let her throw back into the ocean for real. It was collected immediately by a guy in the water and sold to a private collector for a huge sum of money.

>>134071220>a bunch of mercenary treasure hunters letting the necklace get awayRose would have had an "accident at sea" way before they let the necklace get away for real.

THE CHAD ZANEVSTHE VIRGIN LEO

Attached: 479a8fb233da9f1794a517c205e46b8a.jpg (1080x830, 95.8K)

>>134067283>>134065236In the twisted morality of the drooling retard that is James Cameron, criminals, cheaters and primitives are good, while educated, cultured people and technology are evil.

>>134070285I mean, sure she was kind of an asshole, but Forrest literally didn’t know any better nor did he have any other romantic relationships to base his one with Jenny on, the movie sorta struggles with this fact that she is the one who is in place to take advantage of him in this situation but it doesn’t come out quite clearly