Superstar saga

What does Holla Forums think about the soon upcoming remake for Superstar saga on the 3DS?

Other urls found in this thread:

hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=51252
mega.nz/#!aN01ETBB!_8RnJZpnHNN58DabiJYb1OLG0doOWP5Z2bT3epRzHc8
mega.nz/#!mQUj0R5b!leUu0hTbjTEDYeDVTEh6Pz2YrgmpUEkBZVcz4H_OgnY
mega.nz/#!GcNkhSBK!enwfwegCLSXWdWt80Bmo5dra_r_jZbY1ds9T86RCjjI
mega.nz/#!HMEigZ4K!sD8u7ExHUL6E1IJcVYVKciUXLAM4p8TJdelS3rhqRAw
mega.nz/#!GQNzAbYZ!ElBGROeMgEAEVn6ksCO7T-LQy95WcBwFsvDfJV2QmzQ
mega.nz/#!6ElwCbyb!MhRsbwjBJ4ZzSk-seweNYO7oTsM8Y9pxA_p6G4LyGEw
mega.nz/#!vJtjGZCL!ODo0lJJxFD4AvzN8DygN3393UWSwnYqAspNOXcfLeg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unnecessary. The only flaw with the original is was that there is no hard mode.

The game we least needed to be remade.

I forgot all about this.

Who gives a shit? It's completely unnecessary, and the new graphics kill the charm of the original art style.

will pirate it and play just long enough to feel ok about calling it shit

MARIO AND LUIGI: THIS TIME WE RAN OUT OF FUCKING IDEAS

REMIND

It's basically the NSMB series

the original had beautiful state of the art pixel art, the remake has those shitty low res 3ds models that look like complete ass. totally unnecessary.

I'm interested in the remixed music if nothing else

Locked behind a Cackletta amiibo.

I'm not even excited for that. The Paper Jam mix sounded like hot dogshit.
hcs64.com/mboard/forum.php?showthread=51252
If there are any musicians here. Then look at the thread above.

BTW.
Stardust Fields: mega.nz/#!aN01ETBB!_8RnJZpnHNN58DabiJYb1OLG0doOWP5Z2bT3epRzHc8
It has a different, less bass-oriented kick than the GBA version, the rest is pretty spot on though.

Chucklefuck Woods: mega.nz/#!mQUj0R5b!leUu0hTbjTEDYeDVTEh6Pz2YrgmpUEkBZVcz4H_OgnY

Woohoo Hooniversity: mega.nz/#!GcNkhSBK!enwfwegCLSXWdWt80Bmo5dra_r_jZbY1ds9T86RCjjI

Teehee Valley: mega.nz/#!HMEigZ4K!sD8u7ExHUL6E1IJcVYVKciUXLAM4p8TJdelS3rhqRAw

Sea Bed: mega.nz/#!GQNzAbYZ!ElBGROeMgEAEVn6ksCO7T-LQy95WcBwFsvDfJV2QmzQ

Joke's End: mega.nz/#!6ElwCbyb!MhRsbwjBJ4ZzSk-seweNYO7oTsM8Y9pxA_p6G4LyGEw

Victory: mega.nz/#!vJtjGZCL!ODo0lJJxFD4AvzN8DygN3393UWSwnYqAspNOXcfLeg0

Too assed to do the other tracks because I couldn't find the proper instruments. Hoping Yoko knocks it out of the park, because her Paper Jam OST was one of her most forgetabble works.
If you have FL Studio. Download the .midis in the hcs link I posted and get to work.

It is going to suck, simply because the new art style is garbage. Yes, gameplay > graphics but why the fuck would I bother with this shit when the original is simply better? Same thing with Metroid 2. Just play AM2R.

I'm gonna play it.

The original had a lot of character, from the stylized sprites which were the best at the time to the smooth and really good animations, especially on the bros attacks which had a different animation for each stage you could fuck up on. I didn't like the 3D models they used from Dream Team and I can only assume it's going to get worse as time goes on.

Fuck, now I actually want to replay these. Despite what everyone says I still really liked Partners in Time. Pretty damn hard, I remember having a rough time in the star shrine or whatever it was called.

Fuck, didn't mean to respond. Sorry for being a nigger.

It seems like they're just trying to lazily recreate the game with Dream Team assets instead of actually updating the visuals in a way that's faithful to the crisp sprites and pastel palette of the original. I think the best you could hope for is that the remake does as little damage as possible, not that it will be stellar.

And yet there will be faggots that think it's an improvement, simply because 3D is always superior to 2D in their minds.

It won't have the same charm it had in 2D.

That gave me a hearty chuckle.

THE.FUCKING.IRONY.

also, the news of this remake will sadden me forever

Why? Does anyone at the studio not know how shitty it looks? This precedent needs to stop. I would assume crispy slightly lower pixel graphics are cheaper to produce. So why go the high route and flop presentation wise over cheaper and cleaner graphics. (Look at Sonic Mania.)
And thanks goodness this is a remake so they cant ruin the battle system this go around.
Bros. MOVES (Brothers jumping and hammering in tandem with cool animations and hidden advanced techniques) over Bros. ITEMS (Uninspired, redundant attacks revolving around items whose execution involve weird minigame segments like button mashing or the like)

The only hope this game has of being downloaded off of freeshop is if it has a hard mode and the seemingly uninteresting Bowser Minion mode doesnt intrude in the run of the main story. But considering the change of Nintendo's game-making philosophy and history with Mario RPGs, It isnt going to fucking happen.

It took me a while to realize that was Steve Blowjobs and not some John Lennon wannabe.