Metroid: Samus Returns

Reviews are out, game got leaked. Now one question remains; is it shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

volafile.org/get/gu-TK_UOXNlG/AM2R_11.zip
mediafire.com/file/fw74d0sbn9wvagr/AM2R-mod-v11-to-v13_1.zip
youtu.be/9rN3VwX553s?t=508.
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Of course. The small hardcore Metroid fan base memes for years that "everyone" was asking for a new 2D metroid. The only reason Nintendo listened was because Fed Force was an awful game all around, nobody liked it. But Samus Returns is a blatant nostalgia grab. Only that core fan base wants it. It's like what happened to Star Fox. The world memes that it wants star fox but it doesn't actually want it.

This game hardly looks like a Nostalgia grab and more like something for retards who'd rather through HCG101 all day than actually play old games. It's a modern shitfest through and through just with a 2d perspective.

The hell are you talking about? Nobody wanted Samus Returns.

Unrelated. But I want Holla Forums's opinion. I'm a pretty hardcore fan of Metroid. I know Nintendo is fucking up lately and that chibi game was a slap in the face to the fans, aside from them shutting down AM2R.

with money not really being an issue, should I buy the 3DS with the collectors edition of Metroid returns?

Your point?

No. There's no reason to give Nintendo money even if the game is good. They'll never take your purchase into consideration and just do whatever the fuck they want, market be damned, so you might as well pirate everything.

I've already played AM2R and the original for the game boy, the fact that they are blocking off shit to sell toys just turns me off from playing essentially the same game a third time.

Fuck no, buy the 3DS only because it's easily softmodded and will net you a relatively large library of things to play. Don't buy it specifically for this game, you will be let down.

My point is that user is a faggot for letting "content" that I have time even calling it that detract from playing a potentially fun video game.

I doubt that "shit" would have existed in the first place if not for amiibo. I doubt they would have even bothered putting in an art gallery or "super hard" mode

If you're NA I'd advise against it. If you can acquire the European collector's edition than maybe. Depends on how hard of a collector you are. The 3DS is nearly dead and unless you can get homebrew on the new models I don't think it's worth the money.

That shit us super common in videogames since the fucking Playstation.

fuck you, first they start by "only" locking cosmetics, then they go to lock levels and special modes behind that shit

You're just pretending to be retarded then, well here's your (You).

They did lock content in Metroid Prime if you didn't connect a GBA with a beat copy of Metroid Fusion. The only thing locked out was just the original Metroid you can get a ROM and emulator for and the Fusion suit skin.

No. Metroid died in 1997 when Gunpei did.

What's wrong with HardcoreGaming101? I mainly use the site to reference which versions of vintage games I want to see about picking up and read up on some of the older titles I'm playing.

Thank you all for your candor. Although it saddens me, I probably won't get them.

Some of their info can be rather inaccurate (kind of a big deal how often they're cited), their opinions on difficulty should be disregarded almost entirely, and the quality between articles can vary immensely depending on the author. Basically, take them with a grain of salt and primarily use the site for discovering new old games.

Don't forget they've become political cucks in the last few years, shilling for shitty indie walking sims, and even went so far to insert a banner ad for the ACLU. Don't take for a grain of salt, stop reading them entirely.

Expect Nintendo-quality: a remake with no passion behind it. A soulless recreation of the game made easier for the current generation with the "true" experience locked behind a toy. In the end, it'll feel like nothing more than the marketing gimmick of pandering to an audience Nintendo lost a long time ago. Nintendo is that kid in class that always raised his hand first and always got the question wrong, they aren't about paying attention to fans or loving their craft, they're just a business. And they probably don't even really know what they're doing with this remake, they just know it's where the money might be.

I have a hacked 3DS, but I pre-ordered the special edition version because Samus is my waifu and Metroid is my favorite game series, and after the disasters that were Other M and Federation Force, I need to show financial support for things that are conceptually superior, like proper side-scrollers and Prime 4, so that I might get more good things in the future.
I also pre-ordered the amiibos because I have a shrine of all the Samus/Metroid merch I can find and they will make a nice addition.

Get cucked, poorfags. I'll enjoy my fusion mode doubly with the knowledge you can't access it and you're getting all sour grapes about it.

It emulates like shit at least.

get out

No wonder metroid died.

And, here we go.

I didn't buy Other M or Fed Force because I knew they'd be trash. This looks promising, so I'm buying it. What's your excuse for not voting with your wallet? If you're pirating this, don't bitch if Metroid dies for 10 years again because these games didn't sell.

Anyone got a link to the .cia?

are you ok user?

I wish you crossposters would die.

You're either being deliberately stubborn or you're genuinely an idiot

This game didn't need to exist. AM2R does everything this game does but better.
Should've put their resources into Prime 4 instead.

I haven't played it, I know virtually nothing about it, and have only seen a few seconds of the trailer. But I can tell you with 100% authority: it's awful

There is a lot to say about your post but the best part is
Hey mate, do you just let the law decide what is moral for you, or do you just think that sitting on a 25 year old asset without making anything and shitting on anyone who does is the example of good morality?

So you're saying that if you created a character and universe and created a video game to much financial success, you would be perfectly fine with someone who is not a professional or associated with you in any way taking your character and universe and making their own games? Actually, not even making an original product, but RE-making a game you already made? What's the effort they put into that, swapping some tile sets and music files and making sure it doesn't crash?

If I had created Metroid, I wouldn't want some random asshole on the internet making more Metroids without changing the sprites or name or anything. It's morally the same as the douchebags who repost webcomics and art on social media with the original artist's URL cropped off.

Do you know anything about the background of AM2R at all?

Still too soon to judge. From what I've seen, the Aesthetics and core mechanics look good (even the parry looks good). What is yet to be seen is how linear it is. From the first 30 minutes it looks every tutorial heavy and resorting to spoon feeding the player. If it doesn't get more puzzle and maze forested latter then Its probably going o be crap. Also, Metroid Fusion is a peace of shit.

LINK WHERE

Nutendo's assmad because they're upstaged by fans doing it for free. If they could make video games that surpassed fan projects then fan projects wouldn't be a problem for them.

No, please explain to me how the person who made it is a god among men for reposting Nintendo's content on his facebook page.

Also I'd like to point out that there's thousands of things in this world that could be called "fan games" like all the low effort chinese/indian Pokemon and Mario Kart clones on android or flash game websites, or those affronts to god like "pregnant minion surgery" or "frozen elsa cavity repair." Literally the only thing separating those from AM2R is that one was a higher quality product executed in a way that pleases people. It's still stolen IP and stolen art assets. The fact that the fan game ended up being good has no bearing on its moral integrity.

There we go.

"Yes" to all of those.
You do not even care to explain why further than "IT MAKES ME FEEL BAD". We've had this before, I'm so tired that I don't want to reply to it.
Please reply with a argument as why this shit should be allowed but this time no fee-fees.
What a "victim" thinks should be done is not always what is rational or good, and you should know this by now considering how much authors screw over their own fans well, you probably agree with everything they do.

It doesn't need mentioning because he's purely pushing your emotions. If this argument had substance, he wouldn't be scared of conceding AM2R had skill behind it.

Stop baiting

(check'd)
kek'd
& RRRRREEEEEEEEEported

Thanks for the explanation. That really clears things up, you're good at debating!

You're attacking emotions but emotions are the reason you give a fuck about AM2R in the first place. Nintendo hurt your fee-fees with Other M and some fan came along and offered you a soothing hug in the form of AM2R.

Since I seem to be the only one that's actually played it:

haven't played far enough to comment on the exploration aspects yet

-They don't fact check
-Writing is extremely low quality and full of grammatical errors
-Forced political opinions
-Screenshots are almost always in the wrong aspect ratio

Did you forget that you put a huge line complaining about the explanation someone gave to you? Do you realize that putting that above this really puts a contrasts in your post, are you merely pretending?
In case you missed it, you actually can't defend copyright law. You really can't. All you have bee doing so far is the emotional argumetns you did earlier and now this, which is trying to debate why I'm sad about AM2R and does not even touch copyright law is good.

Your fee-fees seem pretty hurt, user

Bruh, lrn2rd. I was making fun of the people who get assmad when you want to have protection over your ideas/creations.

Looks like dogshit. I can't fucking stand 2.5D. Especially when it causes the character model to be too big for the screen, thus making the screen too zoomed-in. From the gameplay screens I've seen, it's simply too zoomed-in and you can't tell where the fuck you're going

The argument turned into morality and emotion because somebody said "do you just let the law decide what is moral for you?"
I can argue the legality side if you want.
Nintendo created Metroid, so it belongs to them. Done. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this for you people. I guess when you pirate everything you get used to handouts and start thinking like a fucking communist, like everything that exists should belong to everyone by virtue of… it existing? Unless it popped up out of the ground from a brainless animal shitting a seed into the dirt, someone had to create it. And the ability to profit off that thing belongs to them because without them, it wouldn't exist.
But its existence damages their reputation by association. If it were bad, uninformed people go "wow another shit metroid game." If it were good, the same people go "wow lol some random guy can make a better metroid than Nintendo." Either way Nintendo loses.
Welcome to capitalism. If you want everyone to share everything like a hippie commune, turn into a homeless bum and move out behind an abandoned k-mart somewhere, and then realize that even in a society where nobody has anything of value, bartering STILL occurs and nothing is free. Inb4 "it's never been tried."

Oh nevermind, it's just "infinite server space" faggot from the threads covering emuparadise getting DMCAed for hosting nintendo roms from a month ago.

We know you're the anti emuation shill from a month ago, you can stop now.

a 3DS is worth getting, just for the current library alone. Just homebrew it and there you go.

I'm actually not, but you should at least play games on the original systems so you get a glitch-free experience on the controller it was designed for, i.e. the way it was meant to be played. And savestates are for little bitches.

Exactly. They play this damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't bullshit, where they hold a franchise hostage unless you shell out for a shitty-looking cash grab.

Of all the games they could have remade, Metroid II was the best choice because the original was a miserable grey mess. Did it even have backgrounds? I remember every room being solid black, and the resolution was too small to see the next platform you're supposed to jump to or judge the size of a lava/acid pool. The rest of them are still serviceable today but Metroid II did not age well.

Were you asleep during GG?

Just read a lot of user reviews and get the overall feeling to it. You definitely won't get a straight answer here. Some people just hate Nintendo here for one reason or another justified or not. Just like with Sony or Microsoft.

It's not even made by Nintendo you dunce.

I will take your word for it, but from what I've seen played it looks more like a very not intrusive parry mechanic that rewards good timing. Nothing like the QTE's people assumed it would be. More importantly it looks like you don't even have to relay on it at all if you don't want to use it. Granted I haven't played it myself.

Don't bother, its just a subversive SJW pretending to be one of us and intentionally acting incredulous. You can tell by their rose & green text effort post that they are trying too hard to fit in.
I was joking before, but you are pushing boar war bullshit.

So your problem is that you don't believe Intellectual Property should even be a concept. All combinations of words and pixels should be free for everyone, regardless of how much effort it took for the original person to arrange them that way, regardless of the fact that nobody else had the particular creativity or skill to arrange them that way, regardless of how that person's entire life and livelihood led up to the arrangement of those pixels and words, because they are not physical matter.

Fucking kill yourself.

I hope she never gets out of the suit

well you are taking d59ca5 bait and you are pushing lolbert bullshit. So I am not sorry for getting you two cunts confused.

I agree, but it's an issue of timing. It's been 7 years since the last metroid game, 10 years since the last GOOD metroid game, 13 years since the last 2D metroid game, and 15 fucking years since the last original 2D metroid game.

So after all this time, we get a mediocre-looking 2.5D new super metroid bros? For fucks sake, I do not have good expectations for this. And I fucking adored Zero Mission and thought it was one of the best video game remakes ever (only beaten by Resi Evil Remake)

He's saying you can get it free (i.e. please pirate).

LOL

I'd have never thought an ancapball would be smug or arrogant about it.

What, you're arguing that intellectual property as a concept boils down to irrational emotion now?
If I was a creator and copyright law didn't exist, I wouldn't bother to create anything because people would just fucking steal it and I'd have wasted my life. The creator who creates just to bring his vision to life and doesn't care if it makes him money is rare. Nobody wants to starve. Renaissance painters and sculptors did it for money. The starving artist stereotype is bullshit and the real ones are mentally ill exceptions.
Copyright law basically doesn't exist in China and I don't see fucking anything good coming out of there. All they do is pump out low-effort knockoffs because anything more would be a waste of effort, proving my above statements.

For anyone that wants is, here is AM2R v1.1, which was the last of the two official releases:
volafile.org/get/gu-TK_UOXNlG/AM2R_11.zip

Reddit has been making a bunch of unofficial patches to the game since then, latest version is 1.3.1 as of yesterday:
mediafire.com/file/fw74d0sbn9wvagr/AM2R-mod-v11-to-v13_1.zip

Thx

Expecting to own the things you create is quite the opposite of cuckoldry.

I wouldn't because, unlike other idiots on the internet, I have other games to play.

Could I bring up something that I see absolutely NO ONE ever mention?
…
The guy could have ripped all of the Metroid related assets, added in his own original content, then proceeded to SELL the game, and it would have sold gangbusters because he put out a better Metroid-clone than Nintendo was even willing to attempt.
That's how capitalism works, and that's why it always irks me when I see people go "Muh support of fangame" or "Muh support of X company". The entire point of capitalism is to curbstomp companies and people who are too stupid or ignorant to realize that they're neglecting a market that has money that people would willingly depart with. The guy who created AM2R deserves no sympathy for receiving a DMCA because everyone already smelled it coming a mile away, and Nintendo deserves no sympathy for "Finally making another Metroid" because that's what they should have been doing all along instead of making another Mario Tennis.

Oh shit son, I never ever go on reddit but I was curious to see the patch notes and I found this cancerous bullshit. How can a "community" cuck themselves this hard?

Anyone else catch the last 5 seconds of the metroid trailer in the direct? We getting prime again?

Really dunce?

I've heard the game is longer then your typical Metroid and more difficult, but that could just be normalfags too. Amiibo bullshit aside I think the game looks decent but I am still unconvinced about the melee stuff

I hope its longer than AM2R. It was good but i finished it in 4 hours.

have any anons tried running the game on the 3ds?

It's "okay". The one thing that hurts it the most is the aiming. Makes it a bitch to hit anything that isn't either straight in front of you or above you. I just hope some L337 Haxx0r does a patch for it.

neat

My god, the item jingles are seriously taken straight from Prime. They didn't even bother to redo them.

Remember kids: gud gamrs only play games from 1995 to 2005, everything before that is pretentious hipstards!!!

And current vidya is shit, the only games you should buy is waifus and jrpgs!!

Someone hasn't seen the Youtube comments on the trailers, it's 90% people talking about how you NEED to buy this game if you ever want to see Metroid again. I'm buying because it looks pretty good, but if a Metroid fan thinks it's shit and would rather play AM2R (which is much more appealing visually) then they aren't obligated to buy it if they don't like the direction the series is going.

That would require the source code and the ability to compile it for 3DS via a dev kit, presumably. So no.

Hi Cory

This but unironically

There are far more people that pile on praise for everything Nintendo does, even here. I remember seeing people talk up fucking Color Splash when it first came out, then after the first week you never heard about it again. Mark gets buttblasted when people use the term "nintendrones" and people scream about console war posting, but in the end they're a very real, very cancerous lot.
I'd love for this game to be great, but it honestly looks like shit. If someone can prove otherwise I may grab a used copy, I was too lazy to hack my 3DS and it's updated anyway.

It's insane how large their viral marketing presence has gotten since even amiibos came out. You used to be able to find footage of Nintendo games that weren't all obvious shill e-celebs who play nothing Nintendo stuff.

No. I was asking for one. I don't give a shit what "everyone" wants.

From what I've seen, all the bosses are complete sponges and take around 10 minutes to kill.

The game looks ugly as sin too.

also teaser for a fusion remake at the end

It's a fucking GBA game. It's fine as it is. Make something new.

I love the game and not even I want this.

All the bosses and the ending for those curious. The teaser is at the end of the video as well.

I dont want to spoil myself but is that fucking ridley? And after looking to see if thats ridley, wow that is a very contrived way to have him in there. I mean I guess its logical for him to be there seeing as he probably wants more metroids but the fuck is this shit?

Fuck everything, that X parasite looks awful. X parasites could have looked interesting with 3D models and that's what they do with it? That's embarrassing.

I await your sweat delicious tears after Metroid dies again because everyone with a half a brain decided not to support a this piece of shit.

You truly are the goodest of goys.

Also holy shit man, I just clicked ahead to the 18 minute mark and that screw attack has got to be the worst I've seen in the series, in this shot anyway. It's just a bouncing circle, there's no dynamic motion to it at all. Even the original M2's two-frame animation looked better.

On-disk DLC is a horrible practice.

The fact some of you niggers will buy shit made by Mercurystream shows what a bunch of nigger cattle you all are. Pic related.

Enjoy your locked content behind toys.

All these retarded faggots in this thread are why gaming is dying. Kikes fuck them in the ass with greedy and unethical business practices? "THEY'RE LEGALLY ALLOWED TO SO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THEM"
Kikes lock content behind physical unlock keys? Same response.

Not for one fucking second do these subhumans consider that they shouldn't support anti-consumer behavior. Reward them for being greedy cunts and all that happens is that they do it again, except even worse. Stop buying shit that exists just to slowly erode consumer rights.

You aren't supporting it if you aren't buying the amiibos though.

Are you serious?

I would've considered buying this but they had to pull this amiibo bullshit. No buy from me now.

Honestly this threads the worst I've seen of this in a while. Funny how faggots claim Nintendo is some savior of games yet are proudly willing to let them engage in the same shitty practices of their competitors with locked DLC and preorder trash.

I'll buy the game if it's any good. I wont buy the amiibos. How is that supporting the practice?

Yes you are, you stupid motherfucker. By buying it you tell them that you'll keep buying their garbage even if they lock parts if it behind their toys, meaning they're only going to keep doing it and in worse ways.
That line of thinking will not and can not ever work. They will just keep fucking you harder because you tell them that you'll still buy their games. In addition, you shouldn't be giving your money to a company that treats you like shit in the first place.

If no one buys the game they'll conclude no one wants the game. If more people buy the game than the DLC they'll conclude no one wants the DLC. Sperg out some more.

It won't be, so save your money.
You're still buying a shit game.
Because you're buying a shit remake that's produced by an incompetent developer. And don't go
Yes, they made the original GB game this is based on. This remake has Mercurys stench all over it.

Thats the whole point you amiibo apologist.
You can't.

They'll conclude that anyway because it isn't going to meet their expected sales figure
Do you have a single fact to back that up?

We don't want it.
Oh lord you're a fucking moron. If anything they'll just shoe horn in DLC but without their shitty toys.

What would Ridley be doing in Metroid 2? He got fucked up hard in Metroid 1 and likely had to rejuvenate for Super. Having him in Metroid II just trivalizes him even more. And the Fusion shit. Seriously, why? Why couldn't this just be a simple remake?

You clearly haven't been here long if you need to ask that.

MercurySteam's original pitch to Nintendo was a Fusion remake. They ended up remaking Metroid II instead. It's probably just a little nod to that fact

Just how shitty is Prime 4 going to be?

Don't buy it. It'll be shit and if you have to ask why you shouldn't be here being this new.

Since the game got leaked has anyone tried it on the 3DS emulator?

Its probably gonna have 5 different types of amiibo cancer

Imagine eating thai food and chugging laxative afterwards.

I can only imagine the worst possible shit. Like giving Samus a love interest or removing the morph ball ability in favor for the morph cube ability.

>Implying there isn't one already :^)

Unlike you faggots I'm actually going to play the game before I judge it, and I hope that it's good because I want Metroid to be good again.
QTEs are annoying but aren't a deal breaker for me considering they're not those mid-cut-scene abominations, just a fancy counter.
I'm also getting the squishy metroid amiibo. Fuck you.

A fool and his money…

Kill me pete.

Bait somewhere else.

Why? So he can use it as a paperweight? Shit has nothing worth playing unless you're a MHfag, but even then previous entries were better.

Even the creator of AM2R said you should support samus returns, because he knows how you retarded dipshits are killing what he made a tribute to.

>epic takedowns pulled straight from Team Ninja's abomination
What the fuck do you think? Of course it's shit.

If someone else is doing your ideas but better, then you don't deserve to be allowed to hoard those ideas to yourself anymore because clearly you have lost the ability to improve upon or even maintain those ideas, so someone else should be given the mantle instead. Sega understands this and that is why they have no problems with fans making hacks of the good Sonic games, even hiring the best of the modders to do an offiical game for Sega. If Nintendo were smart they would have hired the AM2R designer to create a new 2D game for them, but you dumbass Metroidfags would rather let the awful Lords of Shadow devs make it.

Also, get in the oven for defending the jewish copyright system.

The more I see metroid fans complaining about how nintendo doesn't care about metroid whenever they get a game the more I see how they don't even desserve the effort.

Just come right out and say it you full blown cuck nigger.

Despite completely disagreeing with Nintendo's approach to fan content and their IP protection bullshit, you are a fucking idiot if you really think someone making a good homage to your creations should be handled power over them.

Let's say you write a book, then someone else comes and rewirtes it better than you, do you make him the new lead in your writing development? Just because he improved upon your original content? No, because it's your fucking content and you can do whatever you want with it, even if it's worse than fan creations.
Fans that improve upon franchises should be left alone, that much is true, but nothing should force a company to hire them just because they have competent skills or what they do clicks better with certain audiences.

Where did he say that they HAVE to hire the fucker? In any case I would just follow the person who wrote the book better and tell the original person to fuck off for being inept enough to ruin a solid idea.

Case in point, you don't even desserve those "shitty" games, because you are a retarded spoiled faggot that will complain at anything.

Metroid will die not because nintendo doesn't know how to exploit the ip, but because you people won't support anything that isn't a rehash of super metroid/metroid prime a la CoD.

It's literally in the first sentence moron.
There isn't even room for doubt because he goes on to say how companies should hire fans.

Never said they HAD to. Just that they should because they're inept at their own IP. And they should. You retarded or something?

>If someone else is doing your ideas but better, then you don't deserve to be allowed to hoard those ideas to yourself, so someone else should be given the mantle instead.

Your options are…

Either of the three options is completely fine, you argument against the third one is solely derived from your distaste of the developers and your entirely subjective judgement that might as well be complete bullshit.
The game is already leaked and you can decide wether or not to support based on the actual game instead of bitching about reputation or other meaningless shallow garbage.

Bit the bullet and tested it myself
It runs but at half the framerate. Raising the internal resolution doesn't seem to do anything.
Also they seem to have simplified wall jumping. Its literally "press jump next to a wall" now.

Nah, make me cunt.

They shat on Castlevania, what makes you think they won't do the same to Metroid? You have to be pretty delusional to think Samus Returns won't be put in the same league as Other M and Fedora Force.

They already shat on Metroid. Why is this even a debate? Don't fucking buy the new ones. You would have to be retarded to see Other M and Fed Force and think that their next games for the IP will be better for some reason.

Samus Returns sucks and Nutendo is assravaged that fans are better at game development than they are. Why are you so bootyblasted about all of this?

shrug

Other M only had an inconsistent nonsensical plot and forced use of wii mote, the rest was good and could have probably worked if they used a traditional control mapping/combo ramification a la ninja gaiden and studied the source material better.
Federation force was a solid game whose only fault was missusing the opportunity of samus as a boss and being pitched at whiny faggots like you.
You haven't played samus returns, which makes your opinion about it mildly considerable at best, but I'm sure even if you did, you would probably exaggerate whatever you can make a case against it.

It is really impressive if you go on Twitch after a major release from Nintendo 90% of the streamers are playing whatever it is for a solid week. I think Nintendo gave out more free copies of Color Splash to streamers than they actually sold. When BotW came out no one could find a Switch in stores, but every streamer magically had one to play a game that's also on Wii U anyway.

Go back to English class Jamal.
It was never not semantics in that context. Continue being wrong.

Anyone know how to get to the last Metroid in Area 2? It's past the room where there's a buncg of air flow

Keep posting lol

Sage negated.

what's wrong with freeshop?

Proving you're a newfag even further. Keep posting.

I don't have to waste my time on arguing to make you look like a retard that can't process speech.

Calm down before replying.

Sage negated again

Do what I suggested in . Keep posting.

Sure newfriend.

Keep posting :^)

It's okey friend, we all make mistakes, only retards double down trying to not look retarded

Palpable irony.

Why should I sage friend? Do you have a diagnosed mental impediment? If so forgive me ,polite sage for exposing you in the front page

If you don't know what sage is for that's not my issue. I'll just bother calling you out on it. Either way keep posting.

ok cya

NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNGIGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER

That both looks good and a bit unfortunate. The unloyal aesthetics make me feel uncomfortable. I am so glad we got a finished copy of AM2R which looks and feels more like a traditional Metriod game. Was a huge Metriod fan,I have no plans on buying a Nintendo product any time soon but I guess it could be worse.

I read something recently that said a remake of Fusion was what MercurySteam was originally more interested in doing

I'd wager they got pressured into remaking 2 instead because Nintendo was assravaged by the existence of AM2R and how it makes them look utterly inept as developers

literally the one-button-does-a-special mode from street fighter
but it's still too hard for Dean Takahashi

No you fucking idiot the reason Star Fox wasn't selling and Fed Force was poorly recieved was because they fucked up majorly in some way.
Fed Force was terribly timed, and Star Fox was just poorly put together redux of SF64 AGAIN.

The green bridge must have been one of the most challenging puzzles of his life.

I bet you think Disney should still be lobbying to extend the public domain laws every 20 years as well you cunt.

THE CHINDER CHAGGER NIGGER DAGGER, YES!

I think you should learn to read

The boss patterns look so slow and dull.

All to match the target audience who ask shit like "y cant metroid crawl". As has been said many times before, thank fuck for AM2R.

All I want to know is: can I get Zero Suit Samus?

She makes my heart hard. If the game is bad, I won't mind. Thank goodness for CFW

But why are you bootyblasted?

Citra is impure dogshit and the devs are tumblr tier SJW's.

You are one dumb nigger.

What the "hadrcore metroid fanbase" wants would be something more like Metroid Dread, or Prime 4.
As in "a good NEW 2D metroid game"
Especially considering how good AM2R is, and that AM2R is free. A metroid II remake is hardly what people wanted, at this point.

Prime 4 is happening though, but without retro studios behind it I've little faith. In my case it's too little too late.

So kinda like MGR, right? The game is up front about you using it all the time but the game is fully playable and you can kick total ass without it, sometimes moreso.

Retro hasn't consisted of the same team since prime 1, honestly.

all three prime games basically had completely different teams, save for Tanebe who was one of the more inventive members and who was behind converting the shitty e-shop assets of a shitty Mii game into a metroid game because he wanted to make a metroid game so badly.

Still find it weird they pitched a Fusion remake first, it just makes them sound out of touch. The Metroid community wanted Metroid II to get the Zero Mission style remake for years to update it to modern Metroid gameplay standards.

I'm not against the idea of a Fusion remake especially one that could make it less linear and possibly adjust it's story due to Other M still existing. It's just not the remake we needed at this point in time when reviving the series is needed most.

No, not like MGR.

This. If Metroid fucking dies because no one buys Metroid 2 again, I don't care anymore. Nintendo and all the dipshits in charge of Metroid have shown they don't care about the games. It's better they just let Metroid die than to drag the corpse back and continuously ruin it with every attempt.

Other M cannot fit into the overal story because it contradicts all of the 2D games.

Not him, but my firmware is unhackable so I have to use Citra.

This is true, other M blatantly goes against all other games in the series and even the Manga because the guy in charge was so flip floppy in his method of what direction he wanted the game to go in that he didn't know what the fuck the game was even about by the end of the day.

But F-Zero sold well and Advance Wars was a cash-cow.

there was an advanced version of f-zero that was based on the tv series and was super shit. they shelved the franchise after that.

I don't see it on freeshop. Only New Minecraft 3DS.

Not even the demo for Etrian Odyssey V is there.

"use certain move at the right time while waiting for the boss to use the one move that makes itself vulnerable" is the worst type of boss fight I swear.

I'm disappointed, but it's also a good thing. Recently I've been fapping much less and there's nothing like Samus that makes me fall off the wagon.

Is there a short list of all the things that are locked behind the amiibos?
Is it just extra artwork and things to help casuals not die as much like insta-revives, or is it core stuff?
As long as the amiibos don't lock me out of content that would stop me from beating the game at 100% (tanks, missles, etc.), I'm fine. Annoyed, but not too much a big deal.

Nah, the parry is way too lenient to feel as tight and rewarding as MGR.

There's a Super Hard difficulty with the Fusion suit that you can only get through amiibo.

I've been playing the game since yesterday. Some thoughts:
The GOOD.

The BAD:
>The "map reveal" power is a fucking joke for casuals, but at least it's not obligatory to use. The game already uses enough handholding. If it was mandatory to have amiibo function into the game, this would have been something reasonable ("tap your (((Amiibo))) to clear some portion of the map around you and destructable blocks once a day!" or something like that)

For now the game's been enjoyable as hell and more fun to play than AM2R up until this point. If the game keeps being this good I might even buy the European Special Edition if I can find it. I won't buy any amiibos though.

Up to the third area, so far. Melee counters are awful. They completely break the flow of the game and are repetitive as fuck. Almost every single fucking enemy immediately attacks you on sight with some kind of physical charge, practically forcing you to keep using the counter. The counter is really fucking lenient, too. Not to mention counterable attacks are very telegraphed. There's barely any skill involved with using it.

Free aiming, while nice on paper, is just cumbersome compared to the diagonal aiming of the past. If you want to aim diagonally, now, you either have to either completely stop in your tracks, or constantly move forward while doing so. Considering I could do almost everything with the old system that free aiming could do, it doesn't feel like a good trade-off. They also nerfed wall-jumping while making it ridiculously easy to pull off. It's not like there was a point to doing that, since you get the spider ball so early.

The art is 50/50 whether it's good or bad. The suits are fucking nice looking, and the backgrounds are pretty good and take advantage of the game being rendered in 3D. But a lot of the terrain just blends together, and the environmental colors just look hazy and gross. The sound design is pretty good, except where they got really fucking lazy and just reused the Prime jingles for item collection. The music is also good.

However, it's been nowhere near as creative as AM2R, and I doubt the rest of the game will fare any better. They, for some reason, made it so you collect dna samples from Metroids and have to return them to a statue to lower the hurt water (which is purple, for some reason), instead of making it so the Queen causes geologic activity out of anger over her children being killed. Alpha metroid are piss easy, and you never really have to move from one spot to fight them. The only beta I've fought so far was decently difficult, but they cheated by immediately starting the fight with it attacking you after a cutscene. The fight itself wasn't all that fun, though.

I've got to say, though, the doors are really good. I don't think I've felt more satisfied opening a door in a Metroid game. They also got a bit creative with the door types, instead just palette swapping them.

A2MR is still the better game, so far, and Samus Returns better do something amazing if it wants that to change.

Meant fourth area, my bad. The first one is so insignificant it barely registers in my memory. I also forgot to mention that the main menu is really cool, and I liked the illustrations used in the intro animation. They kept faithful to the designs of Zero Mission, which was a nice touch.

AM2R has always recommended buying the original GB game.
Considering that Nintendo makes stuff for a profit, makes sense that the best way of creating conscience is by buying games/merchandisement.

I wonder how were the sales of Federation Force. I still don't get why did they made that game in the first place. Did they recycled the engine of another game?
They recycled Ocarina 3D with Majora 3D and Between Worlds with Triforce Heroes, they must have thought it would work with Metroid too.
Anyway, no, I'm certainly not interested in buying stuff I don't like. I bought the old armored Samus amiibo but I don't give a damn on the other three, not even making NFC tags of them. The unlockeable galleries from Metroid Prime and Zero Mission were nice bonus but never changed my mind on the value of the game.

Some mixed opinions here. Keep them up, I am really curious about the general status.

I was actually expecting this.
Zero Mission was good enough that in gameplay terms should be considered a whole new game.

Well, I can say the other guy doesn't seem to have even played the original, whatever that's worth in your eyes.

I remember for unlocking the Fusion suit in Prime 1 you needed:
- A Gamecube and the Metroid Prime game (obviously)
- The GBA Metroid Fusion game…
- … a GameBoy Advance…
- And a "GameCube-to-GameBoy-Advance-Cable". Yes it was actually called that.
I didn't had to buy anything weird for unlocking this stuff, we used the cable for playing Four Sword Adventures with my brother and the cable has its uses when playing with my little nephew in Wind Waker.
Real problem was that the proper unlock was worthless. I always deeply hated the Fusion suit. It makes sense but it's still ugly.
I don't remember even beating the Parasite Queen with this crap on, it was that demoralizing.

I did played a little at the NES Metroid that was unlocked in Prime, but it was better to play it in a GBA (unlockeable after beating Zero Mission).

The fusion suit mainly looks so bad because it still has the giant ass regular gun next to it in Prime.

How autistic do you have to be to feel demoralized for using a nice suit?

I think the fusion suit is an ugly piece of shit too but the main concern is the implication that "fusion mode" is essentially hard mode.

It is? I don't remember it being any harder.

In the new game, not prime

He means in Samus Returns, not Prime.

I feel like I'm either too intelligent or just too old for this kind of conversations at this point, pretending there is nothing between GAME OF THE GEN and shit.

Sometimes I forget this board isn't really better than cuck chan Holla Forums.

Nevermind then.

I really wanted a (now) retro-styled 2D metroid in the style of Super/Fusion/Zero.
I wonder if I should play AM2R before this or after this.
I already downloaded it, no reason why I should go straight for the latest patch, right?

AM2R feels almost identical to the GBA Metroids in a good way, so you should definitely play it at some point. Maybe afterwards so you can at least give Samus Returns a fair chance.

There is this one autist on reddit who is still making updates, and they are actually quite good. Just get the patch and get out.

What do the patches add?

From what I've read, bugfixes mostly.
Also some new boss attacks and supossedly a new cutscene tying the game with Metroid Fusion is coming

I thought the order was 1 > 2 > Super > Fusion

Fusion takes place before Super?

Have you played Fusion? The connection isn't that complicated.

Oh fuck, I didn't realize how much of a mess it would be to implement Other M story retconing clusterfucks. My bad, I was thinking of just references to Adam. That's what I get for not playing it and probably never will.

F-Zero has never sold well outside of SNES (being a launch title), I think GX only sold half a million. And I wish Climax with it's track creator (and password sharing) on the GBA had been released in the West instead of GP Legend.
I would hope that some of Captain Falcon popularity from Smash would hopefully get more people interested in the series.
It was impressive to see on F-Zero X Miiverse page people complain about the VC controls issues that Nintendo issued a patch to fix it and to still see people mention that they should have included the N64 DD F-Zero Expansion Pack content which probably can't work because there is no English version of that.

It's supossedly an X parasite appereance cutscene.
Metroids were the X parasite main predator on SR388, when Samus eliminated all the Metroids and their Queen, the X parasite thrived and that led to the events of Metroid Fusion

F-zero GX is probably the last game we are going to get on a major console, seeing as how it honestly cant compete with Mario Karts audience/sales

like many other franchises it will only appeal to those who want it and are hardcore fans. Unless the gameplay looks unappealing or un-fun it wont even make it to the states, not taking the region free console into account.

Is there really any point? How would you make GX better?

Fusion takes place after Super, but it has heavy (for Metroid) story ties to 2.

honestly improvements graphics wise, but then thats just like every other nintencuck that likes HD remakes. Although the track editor could get more shit added to it, and we could get a cool themed console/controller out of it.

make GX but with F-zero 64's tracks, im really just spewing shit out my ass at this point.

Add online multiplayer so we can play with friends without having to be in the same room together.

More tracks, track creator, 1080p resolution and Online support.
At least two of them are available via Dolphin

Sage for off-topic

Balance the game and remove melee tier game breaking autism so we can have really functionally different cars and not just the one that does mega momentum edge drifting etc better, real multiplayer, track editor, and better track design overall- great graphics design on the cars and the backgrounds and all that but the track themselves are empty and boring, not what you'd expect from fzero. Hell even the snes tracks are better

Bring back Death Race from F-Zero X

That's fine, that's what you should do in fact, judge for yourself.

Understandable, they are not really quick time events

>I'm also getting the squishy metroid amiibo. Fuck you.
Oh shit nigger what are you doing

LAN and Online, at least up to 16 racers if 30 is unrealistic. Track editor, better balance, Death Race.

I still haven't forgiven this affront

fucking server

The average Nintendrone that'll gladly eat this shit up over AM2R.

Maybe I'm a faggot but I'm playing SR and shit is either easy or just annoying

You seem to take shit tons of damage from enemies, metroids seem to take off over 100 damage a hit at times

That said every metroid is fucking piss easy, I don't know if everyone forgot that freeze beam is metroids weakness, but charge it up and soon as you get a shot at their underbelly, freeze them which stops them from doing all their energy attacks and then go to town when they try to melee you

So far every metroid fight is over in about 10-20 seconds, I dunno why the guy in those videos had so many problems

Wait, the ice beam actually works on them? I gave MercurySteam the benefit of the doubt and assume they'd keep with the canon that Metroids lose their cold weakness once they get to the alpha stage.

I just try everything against everything to see what works/what doesn't, so far freeze beam turns all metroids into absolute bitches

Yeah, I really don't like that ever enemy has some charge attack. I was hoping it'd be reserved for only particular enemies. Though you can ice them and smash them if you don't want to bother with countering them.

Also, do have you fought the Metroid in what I believe is the upper right part of the map? This one. youtu.be/9rN3VwX553s?t=508. I've been trying to figure out where it is for a while and have been having no luck. I looked up that video and it just flies on in, but I've run all around the room and it will not show up.

Ah damn. There was a secret entrance to another room in the area right before that room that lead to the Metroid.

Even PS2 shovelware had it.

I didn't told you to buy it, I just told you how you are a fucking retard for demanding new metroid games and then crapping your pants because you didn't like it.
Nintendo's "incompetence" only exists because you keep asking for it.
yes you are

you are both

Ah yes, we all wanted an "official" remake of a 27 year old game, a need fans nearly fulfilled on their own. But no fuck you this is Nintendo and by God they know whats better for us, as evidenced by the shit developer they chose. That's exactly what we wanted.
You really are a deflecting, self righteous nigger, right? You the precise type of retard who gets mad at games, breaks your controller in a tard rage, then blames the game for it.

I pirated the game and marathoned it straight. It was alright. Due note I have not played the original Metroid 2, nor AM2R.

The melee was gratuitous, piss-easy, and unnecessary on anything but the strongest metroids. A counter is literally an auto-win on everything else in the game, including early Metroids.
The backgrounds are nothing special. They blend into one after a time, and nothing particularly stands out. I did think the aqua area (5? where you get plasma and gravity suit) looked pretty though.
Music was pretty much 100% remix, as far as my ears could tell.

Exploration was ass. Despite not having Adam cockblocking you, the game was just as linear as Fusion. Areas in the game are very clearly delineated by literal "Areas" which you go through in sequential and very boring order. Within the areas themselves you have an intuitive 'path' that you follow, typically leading you straight to all the Metroids/upgrades/unlockables. Stepping outside of this invisible track is rarely rewarding.

Enemies were horrendous. Pallete swaps all day every day, shitty AI that has every single enemy in the game charge at you with exaggerated telegraphs, way too many enemies near-immune to beams to encourage the shitty melee, and contact damage was pretty high. Even the Metroids sucked. After a single encounter with the new evolution, you have seen every single thing they can do. You might occasionally see one with pallete-swapped variations (like a fire metroid instead of ice), but AI is 100% the same. Killing anything in the game became a gargantuan chore an hour or so into the game.

All in all, I would say it's an okay game. Solid 6/10. The only thing I am truly buttfurious about is the Lightning armor, which you get early and triviliazes an already easy game, and the crystal-like blocks. I went back repeatedly, after every upgrade with potential to destroy blocks, to try and smash those fuckers and open up new areas. Jokes on me though, because they are only destroyable by THE BABBY, who only joins you in the last .00001% of the game.

AM2R is a solid 10 (maybe 9 - 9.something if you are nitpicky about some stuff like graphic consistency). If anything I think you should play it first to already have an idea of what a good metroid 2 remake can offer.

If no one wants metroid why do they keep making it? it's because people like you keep asking for it, nevermind if you want a "GOOD" game whatever the fuck that means in your retarded childish mind, clearly nintendo can't deliver on your expectations so why don't you just stop asking?

Nice projection at the end by the way, are you farting fire yet?

To be fair, the original game had the areas laid out like that. It was very linear.

I kind of figured that was the case, but didn't know for sure. I won't hold it against the game.

Metroid 2 was a weird game. Instead of having one big area, you're going through smaller sections and genociding the metroids. Its not the worst thing in the world, but its alot different than every other metroid game.

Metroid games are shit, why do people care about them? They are platformers that strip all the challenge away from platforming, just like collectathons, another shit tier genre for retards.

When does Japan go full shitlord with new porn and memes?

Nor are you (2d3618) a hardcore metroid fan. The fact that you have to ask people about buying a game from your favorite franchise and the language you use are dead giveaways.
Fuck off.

you're wrong,

What a fucking tryhard thing to say. Goddamn kid.

It won't be good. It'll be just barely passable enough that the usual drones will go on non-stop for weeks about how it's the best game ever, Metroid's saved and you should most definitely buy it.

hmmm

I've been posting from my house, my job and now from a friend's house, you paranoid fuck

What part of
No one asked for this shitty remake, you fucking cuck.
Do you not understand?
God willing, that's what Prime 4 will be. A new entry in a languishing subseries is what many of us wanted.
Based on their track record, no they fucking can't. Have some fucking standards you giant cuck faggot.

Nice putting words into people's mouths to make room for your own to hold Nintendo's cum. God you're pathetic.

>alpha and beta metroids are weak to the ice beam
Well, there goes my comment about the beta metroid being decently difficult.

When was this part of the canon? Didn't you need the ice beam to kill the final boss in Fusion?

The only Metroids in II that were vulnerable to the ice beam were the larval ones. Unfortunately, yes, the Omega Metroid in Fusion was weak to it, but I was hoping they'd just sorta over gloss over that, considering it was a dumb change that only existed so Fusion could have an eleventh hour moment.

I'm seeing these yellow cubes dotted around the place, though I haven't been able to collect any of them, yet. I'm getting nervous that there's going to be a fucking artifact hunt at the end.

is there a source for this?

Read about how they thoroughly fucked over Argonaut Software during Star Fox 2 development or the development of Croc and Mario 64.

Fucking off yourself.

:^)
You just keep proving me right

Nice non-arguments there, Nintencuck.

Anyone find all 10 metroids in area 3? I'm having a ton of trouble finding the last fucking one.

Nevermind, I seem to have found it.

The Omega Metroid in Fusion made some sense, as it was cloned & modified from larval DNA samples to shorten the growth cycles, and the original larva had some stunted growth during its time in Tourian. Samus Returns is still inexcusable and probably kept in for new retards unable to understand why cold only works on some Metroids.

*If there was a time for retconning patches, at least remove that feature or save it for hard mode.*

Wow that Ridley fight felt so forced and dragged on for way too fucking long and it wasn't that challenging, it would have been if the ending was Ridley chasing after Samus since Super Metroid is just a few hours after the end of Metroid 2 instead of the X Parasite tease.

Maybe someday user, maybe someday
Hopefully without Sakamoto/MercuryStream

Fuck off with your fucking viral marketing shills

Without Retro Studios and Sakamoto being involved you could considered the series dead as he is a hack and proven time and time again he can't write a story well without retconning or forcing some unneeded changes that contradict themselves so hard it basically ruins everything. The reason he retconned the Prime series is because Retro proved to write a better story that connects through all the other games with lore and backstory without feeling ham fisted so it ended up in a pissing contest which ended up him regretting his choices as failure after failure he finally decided to continue the Prime series as a half ass apology to saying "it's back being canon again" but we all know he has his fingers crossed and will continue to say it's not canon in his head.

When I first played Metroid I thought Samus was a robot.
I never beat it, I didn't find out until years later it was just a suit.

Shut up, you marketer bitch. Take your fraction of a shekel and fuck off.

And you think an argument is due.

Checked

nice

AW SHIAET DEM QUAAAAADS!
This game is just like mirrors of fate, a dissaponting experience

(checked)
Listen bud I don't make the rules, but it's the same thing as posting a jewtube embed or not using archive.
There's just some things you can't do here without being called a shill.
Because some shills think there is no such thing as bad publicity.

It's called not spoonfeeding to idiots who can't figure out how to go to 3dsiso.

Just fought a Theta. It's definitely been the most fun to fight of the Metroids. The ice beam doesn't completely cripple it, like the prior two, and you can use the grapple beam, during certain attacks, to pull it off the ceiling. One thing I've noticed about the metroid evolutions that I dislike, though, is that the cutscenes imply the entire "hard" body is shed when they evolve, instead of it just growing up like you would expect.

I got to say the more I play this game the more I dislike it

Samus's movements are incredibly clunky, the perspective most of the time is this downwards pointing up at samus angle which makes tiny hop and shots difficult, it makes the game feel incredibly stiff

Not to mention she moves very slowly which is fine for 99% of the time, but when it's some metroid you need to leap over and you're just sailing through the air like a fart in the breeze and land on top of it the game feels unfair

That said metroids are piss easy unless they fail to do a good pattern, Zeta metroids are the biggest offender because if you freeze their tummy they'll often run away from you to shake off the cold, I gave up trying to parry them and as soon as I freeeze their tummy I just take shots at their face from a distance until they shake it off and wake up, soon as they start moving just leap around to their fronts and blow their heads off as they're trying to shake off the cold

Honestly most of the chunkiness I chalk up to the joystick, making free aim difficult which doesn't help with the weird camera angle

Also the camera is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too close, the game often has enemies attacking you from out of frame, which is fine if all the enemies had the same parry phase but each area has a different type, like area 1 those leaper assholes have a windup, area 3 it's instant, area 1 fliers have no windup, area 3 fliers have a windup

Did you mean beta Metroids? And I haven't had much issue with the movement or camera, aside from space jumping into bats occasionally.

No, Zeta's, the second form

Turns out we're both wrong. That's the Gamma Metroid. It goes infant > Alpha > Gamma > Zeta > Omega > Queen.

Been playing it. I mean, its alright. Its not better than AM2R, but its passable. Its got shitty business practices and every problem I seem to have seems to match up with something that evens it out.

Samus returns and AM2R are a good bit different to the point where comparing the two isnt fair. AM2R is a faithful remake but samus returns adds alot that wasnt in the og.

I want Samus to return if you know what I mean!

(fuckin' checked)

oh god damn.

The problem with that is by actively trying to take it down, Nintendo practically forced a comparison since they tried to erase it.

True. I guess that's ninty's fault.

Omegas don't turn into queens, omega is the last stage of growth for regular metroids, only special larvae turn into queens, and they do so directly from the larval stage (that's why the metroid hatchling was huge in super metroid).

Considering that metroid takes heavily after the alien movies and metroids are Eusocial creatures, it would make sense that the hatchling was a queen, because the solitary egg was located in an isolated chamber behind the queen (it's clearly valuable), and, the only time ripley is infected it was from a queen xenomorph (which also leads into alien 4 where ripley is now a genetic splice between human and xenomorph, just like in metroid 4)

I'm not saying it's canon but it makes sense; having samus erradicate the entire species except for a royal hatchling (adds even more significance to the momment too) and having a close nod to alien.

Okay, the gravity suit looks really fucking sweet. Wish I could share a screenshot of it.

they are jew faggot sjw

Not on Freeshop. Latest game I saw on there was some shovelware bullshit and some demos.

is swearing like an edgy faggot a badge of authenticity now?

sounds like some poorfag here can't afford vidya.

I didn't want melee button
I didn't want "cinematic counters" straight from nuDoom
I didn't want new abilities that are pointless and just make the game easier
I didn't want checkpoints
I didn't want fast travel
and I didn't want another remake

every time

Luckily neither of those are required at all to beat the game, though in the early game your power beam is so weak that you'll really want to use it since it's so much faster than shooting them to death. Once you get Wave+Spazer you can kill most enemies pretty quick.
Scan Pulse is the only one that is designed to make the game easier, the other 3 have enemies and puzzles designed around their use (ex. rooms where you have to quickly switch between armor and burst to deal with area hazards and enemies that are only vulnerable to burst)
Me neither, I didn't like them in Prime 3 and I don't like them here
Unfortunately for you fast travel's been around since Prime 2 with Light Suit teleportation. Here it's relegated to "teleport stations." Normally I'd be against it but due to the nature of the original M2 the map isn't very interconnected, meaning there aren't any of the juicy shortcuts that showed up in Super, Fusion and ZM. AM2R had fast travel too, but it was more Prime 2 style where each area had a single spot where you could do it and it was only accessible in the end game.
Me neither, but this one at least has a lot of new content added.

where's Ass Autist with his Samus porn?

Finished it 100%. Pretty good. Its a solid 7/10 compared to AM2R's 9/10. It was alot harder than i expacted. The early metroids can do a half tank per hit and the final boss can do up to 2 tanks per hit. It gets brutal.

The alpha do over 1/2 a tank per hit before you have the varia suit. I actually died on alphas in this game, whereas I never died at all in AM2F.

I died one on the queen and a couple on the 2nd tier metroids in AM2R. In samus returns i died like 10 times to ridley, 4 times to diggernaut, about 20 times to random metroids, and 10 times to the queen metroid. This is with all the tanks too. You take so much damage from attacks. Its not a bad thing.

Just get a 3ds and install CFW. The process is reaching PSP levels of being dead simple to do and games are just as easy to get once you install the freeshop.

Just finished it. The game only gives you your completion time at the end (I got 8:22 for my first run), so I'm guessing item percentage doesn't affect the ending. I'd rate it a solid like . It felt like it was going to be pretty bad during the beginning, but it got better. It still has a lot of issues, and it doesn't compare to most of the other Metroid games, but the devs also did a lot of neat things. I especially loved the extra ability they gave to the power bomb. The game is definitely better than I was expecting. While it is more difficult that you would assume, either I'm better than I think or outright sucks. While I died a few times, about 5 deaths was the most I ever had to one thing. Enemies do a lot of damage, but most enemy and boss patterns are pretty easy to avoid once you've actually seen them, and the game always gives you a lot of room to maneuver.

No. Metroid died in 1997 when Gunpei did.

/QUOTE

THIS. Gunpei Yokoi was and will forever be METROID.

RIP SWEET PRINCE

People overstate Gunpei's role in Metroid Same with Sakamoto, he was only added on to the project in the last 3 months.

With Prime's content it wasn't something that unlocks an exclusive gameplay difficulty, it was just a cosmetic suit and NES Metroid (a game that has aged a bit). The latter being rendered pretty moot once Zero Mission came out and even the NES Classics GBA collection

Interesting note about the the Prime 1's NES Metroid unlock, it was supposed to be Super Metroid but they used a non Nintendo emulator and had to scrap it. They tried again to get Super Metroid in Prime 2 but it's short development time had its inclusion cancelled.