Nintendo Direct Containment Thread

Inevitable Disappointment edition
Surprised one wasn't up already, post your predictions.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2017/
twitch.tv/nintendo
twitch.tv/nintendouk
youtube.com/watch?v=rPF86bJzebk
miiverse.nintendo.net/settings/download_request
pastebin.com/nzGCvZrT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a broken as fuck smash port as final nail in the early coffin
You gotta rebuy all those DLCs goy

A physical virtual console where you have to buy individual emulators and unlock the ROM with an amiibo.

Wind Waker HD HD

More Wii U ports, some Pokemon US/UM news, 8 new Amiibos and a surprise at the 2nd last slot.

What time does it start at and where's a link? I've got time to kill for the next few hours.

All the interesting games will be Nipponese only.

I don't think they'll announce Sm4++sh until they've released Pokken for a while. Otherwise everyone would ignore Pokken.

3pm Jap time. Just under 2 hours from now

If that's the case, then at least the Switch doesn't have region lock

A way to play 3DS games on the Switch.

nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/09-13-2017/

Stream starts in ~5 hours in the UK. I imagine it'll mostly be Mario Odyssey since that's coming out next month. Nintendo has had one major game each month since the Switch release and they don't have anything slotted for December, which I imagine will be Xenoblade. November has Pokken which will probably also take up a few minutes of the direct.

Switch isn't region locked and it's easy as hell to mod your 3DS.

Current time in Japan: 2:15am. The fuck you smoking?

My bad, got the time zone mixed up. 3pm Jap time is 11pm UK time.

He meant 3PM Pacific.
It's at 7AM Japtime, which is 8AM in kangarooland.

Now do I sleep for 4 hours and watch it or stay up the entire time funposting and playing vidya, but then going to uni without sleep?

Would be a smartmove since it would be cheap for nintendo and still attract normalfags who thought the wiiu was an addon for the wii. Bayo 1 and 2 ports on the switch have been hinted heavily, as with a smash port, when thay get ported thats a good chunk of the wiiu games that were fun on the switch. Hell the list for games on the wiiu that were fun that have not been ported to something else is small.

Normalfag detected

There's something like 20 games that would sell well.
Porting Wii U games is the smartest bet as they've already shown they can do it quickly and effectively for the Switch and PC, and it lets them recoup losses from the Wii U as well as get interest into those titles for sequels/rehashes.

Mini blogpost:
I slept like 2 hours every night for the past 3 weeks then collapsed yesterday, so I'll need maybe 4 hours sleep every 24 hours from now on.
Uni sleeps are great, unless the classes require you to actually do something.

Also, there's 11 UIDs in the thread, so excluding me, which of you 10 are Mark?

I'm only really interested in any Xenoblade news, but when does it start?

Might as well get some sleep then. Set an alarm to wake you up in time. Worst case is that you sleep through it and can catch up on what you missed later.
Don't chug energy drinks to stay up, the sugar rush runs out fast and you end up more tired than before. I ended up dozing off in uni a lot before I realized the energy drinks were causing it

4.5 hours.

More fucking amiibo bullshit, a failure to address the actual issues with the Switch, mediocre games, and potentially a few good ones. I'm hoping Odyssey will be good, but the new Kirby game looks like shit from what I've seen of it. The gimmicks in Kirby 2018 LOOK fun but the level design is just as empty and hollow as Return to Dreamlands, and while RtDL was good, it wasn't as good as Robobot. I'm hoping they manage to make it work but I don't really think it's gonna be the case. Samus Returns has gotten good reviews, but BotW got the same despite it just being a pretty good game. SR looks really god damn pasty and from the gameplay I've seen it doesn't look like it's going to be that fun.

US/UM are probably going to be shit; the very recent Pokemon games have been linear shitshows. In Gen 3 they had a lot of non-linear moments, like going and exploring the water route south of Petalburg instead of just taking the Rusturf Tunnel to the middle of Hoenn, and being able to finally explore the S.S. Cactus that you saw when sailing with Briney earlier on. Shit was good, but honestly, Pokemon has kind of devolved into a comfy game for me, as the stars have to align for you to get into a battle that you can just as easily lose as you can win. The main draw was the postgame but now that the postgame is nearly non-existent compared to the Battle Frontiers we've gotten in the past, I don't really think there's a reason for me to take it seriously over SMT and Monster Rancher, and even Digimon.

But that's just me. I WANT Nintendo to do good shit, it's just that I don't have much hope for them. Here's hoping we get to go back to Subcon or Dinosaur World in Odyssey or something tubular like that. I'd like if Custom Robo came back or something, too, but I doubt that's going to happen. I think we might get an announcement for Monster Hunter XX in the west, though; it seems really likely that it'll happen given how much of a success Monhun has been over here for the past while. I doubt Capcom's going to just pass up on the extra money they could get with something as much as a translation, too.

In 4.5 hours.

I personally wake up worse after 4 hours than if I had not slept at all, especially if I am dead tired. Your best bet is to skip Uni for the day if you can afford it

Pokemon is a lot more bearable if you have normalfag friends who play it and like to battle. That way there's a reason to play beyond the story, and you don't end up running into tryhards with full competitive teams when you just wanted to fuck around.
If I didn't have friends I'd have sold my copy of Sun a few days after beating it.

I'll sleep on the comfy trains that cost 3x as much but aren't infested with the poor and immigrants.
Energy drinks taste funny. I don't even drink coffee or tea.

They'll release a Switch 2.0 within 12 months, I bet. They saw the success of the N3DS and want to try again. A smaller 3DS handheld or a stay-at-home console with better hardware are my predictions.
There's more than just that short teaser from a while back? I like the idea of ability fusing, and co-op might edge me over the line. 3DS or Switch only?
I never got the "linear" meme. They're pretty linear in every generation, they just let you go without direction at a few points in Gen 1-3, but either way you would go to this new area and be underlevelled and get stomped, forcing you back to the next flag marker.
Post-game was never really a thing to me. When people say "post-game", they usually just refer to the battle tower/frontier/whatever, which isn't really post-game, it's just high-difficulty battles, which you can get by using the random battle function online apart from the shitty hackers and twelvies that use their starter, 4 legis and a HM slave reeeee.
Welcome to the rest of the board. Sony and Microsoft fuck up hardware and exclusives constantly, but Nintendo gets it so close to right every time and shoot themselves in the foot with something stupid that you can't help but think they do it on purpose.
If they pulled a SEGA and just hired fangame devs for a bit, they'd probably win me over.

I don't sleep much anyways. 4 hours is more than I usually get, but I don't want to collapse in the city again as my little white arse will get raped and mugged.

My mates and I would always preorder the Pokemon games, meet up, complete the E4 and post-E4 quests then battle constantly with what we had. Solid 20+ hour sessions.
I skipped Sun as I was in hospital, so hopefully we do US/UM this time around.

pokemon is a kids game and only gross manchildren play it

Nintendo is gonna announce a Smash Bros Wii U port to the switch that bundles all the DLC so they can get easy money from smashfags

Pokemon will never be good because Junichi Masuda already said all future games are gonna be streamlined for the mobile audience and post-game content is pointless to add because casuals drop the game after beating the E4

I wrote up a speculation list that I was going to cross out as I played but I imagine the 'rulers' of the other Kingdoms will be other classic/retro Mario characters like Pauline was for New Donk

Let me name the games that could get a port
Donkey kong tropical freeze
Yoshi wooly world new game already announced looks better though
Bayo 1 and 2
Wonderful 101
Cuckblade x and the original
Starfox 0
Toads adventure
Mario 3d world
Smash
Hyrule warriors
Pikmin 3
Maybe splatoon 1 or just the single player story as an addon to 2
Kirby wiiu
Honestly thats pretty much all I can think of, maybe the darksiders trilogy, but thats up to thq. What I think they need is to get the virtual console for all consoles up to gamecube on it, and if they fiddle with it they could get wii games working 1 player and maybe even 2 player with the joycons, though Id rather new hd remasters for any wii game that matters.

Yeah, that's about the entire list.
Hyrule and Yoshi wouldn't get a direct port as the 3DS versions have more content, but end result is the same.

That new Yoshi game looks really good. It's just a wholesome, simple game that looks like it's been made by people that just want to have and give fun to others.

I'd be surprised if they didn't port Mario Maker. The Wii U version was great but suffered from being on the Wii U.

I forgot that, but the game is on the 3ds, I dunno of they might port it again.

I thought the yoshi one was a sequel on the 3ds, and I think both need new 3dses to play without quality drop. But you are correct.

My money is either on Tropical Dong, Smash or Bayo. Maybe Cuckblade but they'd be shooting themselves in the foot since it'd eat into Xeno 2 sales.

Mario gameplay looks alright, there will be some critical flaw with DLC that increases their Jew ranking. People will defend it
Something about Metroid SR
Something about the Zeldo DLC
Spla2n shit
Something about Smash (either new game announced [no trailer] or a port of Sm4sh)
Wii U ports
Metroid Prime 4 new that is good

Yoshi runs at constant 30FPS on O3DS while the N3DS plays it at 60, but Hyrule should be played on a N3DS as it actually drops enemy count to keep it running at 30.

Yoshi and Poochy's Woolly World is just a port. As far as I can tell, the only added parts were extr amiibo custom Yoshi's, with the multiplayer/co-op gutted out.

I predict dissapointment.

Bayo 1 &2 were teased by platinum, unless 3 is in the works, smash will be announced before this holiday to encourage more full price adopters. Cuckblade x if it gets a port will have no coverage and will use the noa cucked version for all regions, which on a positive will piss off nips. inb4 I am wrong and they use the nip version and juat put multi region subtitles. I can hope.

Bayo 1, Bayo 2, and W101 may as well be confirmed, they teased it less ambiguously than they teased the PC port. W101 might be a sequel, but what's on screen looks like a mission from Operation 002-B.

Thread theme

how is that related

This video is complete and utter garbage.
What's the point of adding so many visuals relating to sound and beat, then not syncing it at all?

Every single arm movement and head bob is at least .25 seconds out of sync and it triggers me no end.
Kill yourself, commie.

You fucks all know that this is where they'll announce the official launch date of their paid online service.

Bayo 1/2 ports
W101 port/sequel
Sm4sh port/DX version
More Odyssey
More USUM information
Another 5 fucking Awakening/Fates characters for FE Warriors
Hyrule Warriors port
More Kirby
A crossover event for FE Heroes (It'll happen eventually)

literally who gives a shit

I usually post one (since Mark half-asses the OPs every time), but there were problems at work today.

=====

North America: twitch.tv/nintendo | [YouTube video not live yet]
UK / Europe: twitch.tv/nintendouk | [YouTube video not live yet]
Japan: youtube.com/watch?v=rPF86bJzebk

LIKELY
>Big focus on Super Mario Odyssey
>Another trailer for Zelda: Breath of the Wild's final DLC update
>Teasing future free content updates for ARMS and Splatoon 2
>Last-minute shilling for the SNES Classic, Mario & Luigi remake, Pokkén Tournament, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Metroid: Samus Returns
>Pokémon news related to Gold/Silver (on Virtual Console next week) and Ultra Sun/Moon (in November)
>Revealing whatever the hell the Kirby 3DS project is
>Yet more amiibo news, related to most of the above

MAYBE
>A farewell to Miiverse - miiverse.nintendo.net/settings/download_request
>An indie "sizzle reel", with shilling for recent releases (like the FAST RMX update) and near-future stuff (eg. SteamWorld Dig 2)
>Virtual Console games on the Switch, finally
>Kirby and Yoshi for Switch (previously teased)
>Treehouse demonstrates their ability to fuck up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 every single time
>New hardware bundles, along with empty promises of there being enough supply to meet demand
>Sonic Forces his way into the Direct with a new trailer
>Western releases of current Japan-only stuff, like Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross), Dragon Quest X/XI, Dragon Quest Heroes 1+2 and Etrian Odyssey V
>Todd calmly requests that you pre-order Skyrim again

UNLIKELY
>Animal Crossing for mobile devices, by DeNA
< This was announced long ago as the 'next' DeNA game, but they usually reveal them at separate events
>The Legend of Zelda for mobile devices
< Heavily rumored, but unconfirmed
>HOME menu themes for Switch
< The system probably needs more 'entertainment apps' and a web browser before they worry about the UI
>My Nintendo rewards related to the Switch
< "Coming Soon" for six months, and counting
>Super CUSTOM ROBO for Nintendo Switch

Copy-paste version of this post (with formatting tags): pastebin.com/nzGCvZrT

FE Heroes crossover event with FE Warriors is already confirmed; check the in-game update schedule posted at the start of the month.

I meant crossover with a different series, like the One Piece/DBZ crossover those games had last year. One with Grand Order would be nice.

here is your (you) and your (1)
nintendo is just as shitty if not in some cases worst then other companies.
I love video games as the next faggot but nintendo has shit on me to much and enough is enough
its ok when nintendo does it

Fucking kill yourself Mark

Fixed

I'm gonna sticky this tbh

Thank you user, just edited my OP.

Enough with the consolewars bullshit, all of you

because that's not the original track for the video