Dominions 5

How can this be releasing in a few months when they never even finished fleshing out Ur completely in 4? Also Dominions general.

illwinter.com/dom5/

I am beyond hyped for Dom5. Real time combat is the breath of fresh air this game needed.

This is probably the only place in the imternet where anyone gives a shit about this franchise.

Like any games made using paint and notepad like Elona.
And thank god I am here. Elona and Dom4 were some of better games I played.

i hope they have ui enhancments so i can finally shill this to my normalfag friends

This is probably the only place on the imternet where video game discussion isn't dominated by the latest board room abortion getting memed all over reddit and facebook.

Speaking of discussions being discussions.
What is Dom5 getting? Something cool besides RTS battles?

It's not RTS battles, it's real time battles. As in, the same kind of battles but both sides take their turns simultaneously.

I think the custom blesses look really promising, as well as the fact that the battle terrain seems to have a river running through it in the screenshot.

From the link:

Also, sirrush-drawm chariots.

But can I get my skeleton army on?

Only change to MA Ermor is base death scales, and supposedly Sceleria's getting a nerf in the form of scab priets not getting reanimation, but with the commander recruitment rework I'm sure you'll have plenty of ability to shit skeletons on everyone.

more like just being able to shill to other autists with the line "well the ui is better than dwarf fort's :^)"

I think I will stick with Dom 4 for a while. Didn't it take a year or so for a lot of the Dom 4 factions to be introduced into the game after its release? I understand that there is a lot of lore and world-building that goes into each nation, so unless its taking place in the same setting I think I will pass on it.

AH YISS

Nah. Goons like Dom as well and have made quite a few mods for it (Awesome Heroes comes to mind). The franchise has quite a following.

Yeah, I feel like it's a bit too soon to release another game. They all take place in the same setting though. I do really like some of the quality of life improvements, like how the magic menu now shows what spells are rituals and how many gems they cost without having to right click each one. The custom bless idea is great. The recruitment points system sounds neat as well.
But again, I don't know if it justifies another purchase unless it's got a bunch of other nations as well. It does bother me that Uruk is going in Dom 5 instead of getting patched into Dom 4 considering how much it was talked about over on the official forums. I guess I'll hust wait and see.

wtf but i just bought dominions 4 and still haven't figured it out

The codex is obsessed with it.

Because at some point they were working on it, and realized it would just delay a new game that has MA Ur.

Not really I've played since beginning and the ones that were added later were

Most were in at the time.

Nigga I think there are more changes to the game with Dom 5 then there has been with dom 2-4.
The mechanics themselves balance out so many shit nations.
Now a nation is really only shit as you play it.

Blood UR is now super feasible as you can take small blood scales then cheese it by having the UR god die repeatedly then call it back to get increased blood scales.

Any ideas if modding is expanding? There are a couple of things I want to do that I don't know can be done with what's given, unless I'm retarded or it needs to be actually programmed within a language.

It will probably get expanded functionality, but it depends on what you want to add. Expect release and a couple of patches before the updated manuals and fan made databases drop.

Looks like Rus is finally here, as well as a Berytos/Pelagia WE WUZ SEA KANGZ meme nation.

There's more abilities and what not so I'm sure that has expanded tages to allow more modding options
Shit the Ermor Colonial edit may be possible.

Oh shit nigga this is the first I heard of it.

Is it going to have an option for more traditional multiplayer servers? Or is it still using that play by email shit?

Who else is going to sail the seven seas with me on this one because (((Illwinter's))) prices are downright Jewish.

Ermor Colonial? If you're talking about recruiting other nations commanders from captured capital, that's already possible. There was a dom3 version. Expanding it further through event modding is possible. You just need to mod events that add magic sites that allow the recruitment. The issue with the dom3 version was units being duped in the recruitment screen; normal national recruit lists, plus the site based recruits that any nation holding the province could recruit. Tying it to events would be complicated, but would de-clutter the recruitment screen and limit the benefit to whatever nation was coded, such as Ermor. The only limit would be the availability of magic sites; 8 sites maximum, 4 units per site. So 4 or 5 'free' site slots would allow 16-20 recruits from an enemy capital when captured, max. What would be impossible (afaik) would be tying it to province history or specific enemy dominion, so you would get these recruits from all foreign provinces captured.

Summod/nu-cbm has shit like this in dom4. Magic sites that appear in dominion and/or specific terrain. Some provide gems or recruits. They only appear for specific nations and disappear or are converted in hostile dominion. Dreamlands, Deadlands, Groves, shit like that. The only reason it hasn't been done is that Ermor does not need the buff.

I'd agree with you, but I'm not smart enough to crack their drm and no one else is going to do it unless the game spikes in popularity. Wait for a sale or beg for a key. Otherwise, your version will be behind and you're unlikely to get into mp games. If you're just fucking around in sp, go for it.

this, play by email blows

Bless looks interesting. Divided into passive effects, effects that come online when bless is cast and effects that occur only when the pretender is active and on the map. So flaming weapons will not occur early game if you took an imprisoned pretender, or your pretender is killed. Mixing and matching effects for your nation, some nations get bonus points to spend on available effects. The pretender also gets their own bless effect now, but only in their dominion.

Priests also get new holy spells according to the pretenders magic paths. The example given was priests of a fire god getting a version of banishment that does extra fire damage to demons and undead.

Recruitment works differently. You get command points in forts now. Different commanders require a different number of points to recruit. This is in addition to the normal costs. So a high cp leader might take several turns to recruit in a palisade, but if you upgrade to a citadel, you can recruit 1/turn or more. This means you can pump out multiple scouts and basic troop leaders per turn, multiple mages in the most advanced forts.

There is a similar limit for troops. So highly trained troops will be limited, but undisciplined units and slaves can be pumped out faster.

Things like retreat is now dependent on your leader. A good leader will likely not have troops scatter as much during a retreat. Formation fighters can pack tightly into squares, so you can apparently fit more than 3 human size units in a square if they're in formation. Or have 2 giants together in a square if they're in formation.

meant to post this instead of the bow of titans twice.

It's basically the only way to play

If you want to spend 4 hours or more scripting each turn, sure. I know I do.
t.supreme wizard

I heard that no new modding commands have been added yet, but existing commands take advantage of added functionality. Not sure about event modding. Extra modding functionality will be added after release is stable. This should mean most dom4 mods will be transferable with minimal editing. Nation overhauls will be screwy, due to changes to several base nations. Balance overhauls will be reflecting an outdated paradigm. ID numbers might need to be adjusted. I doubt I'll be using mods until I've familiarized myself with the base game though.

Is this seriously how they're advertising their game?

I can't wait till it comes out and the game's fucking unplayale due to the shit UI

Nigga what?

What a complete waste of good digits. Are you proud of what you did?

If you could pop in and out of the server instead of going to your email, that would be a bit easier though

I wouldn't mind integration with an email server/automation where you just join the game, do your turn, and it sends it to the server automatically.

Since I don't see a dominions 4 thread here's a mother of monsters I asked for.

Nice.

The font.
There's something really off about the font in the screenshots and I can't quite put my finger on it.

They changed font.
That's why.

I kinda wish equipment on regular units could be changed as well as research for this kinda thing