Emulation Thread

Last thread was just kicked off the board. Embedded video for the announcement of the PS1 emulator

Best emulator options:

Other urls found in this thread:

wiiu.titlekeys.gq
3ds.titlekeys.gq
anbox.io/
whois.com/whois/memuplay.com
m64p.github.io/
youtu.be/MPMjQ1Kbi0s?t=3855
forums.libretro.com/t/an-input-lag-investigation/4407/424
nicoblog.org/ps3-iso/catherine-usa/)
github.com/m64p
atlus.com/atlus-and-emulation/
archive.is/50fpK
archive.is/8YkIX
ipfs.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And, I screwed up some of the formatting for the part listing the Sega systems.

I remember hearing BGB being pretty gud for accuracy, but since I usually only use it to record music I don't know for certain.

Probably mupen, but I've been having a hard as hell time to emulate Paper Mario Pro Mode with it.

trying to set up hotkeys for in-game stuff on retroarch, wat do(this one game asks for all shoulder buttons+start+select at the same time for a quick reset)

I've always used Fusion. It does the job well enough. Works for the SEGA CD too.
PPSSPP is supposed to be really good. Only reason I haven't used it is because I have a PSP.

Also if you have a poorfag PC, there's a Dolphin fork made for slightly better performance. It's called Ishiiruka.

That fucking video man
Modern Pro Macs are literally none of those

Is this WEBM still relevant?

PCSX2 with 60fps codes feel kinda nice

I just use kega fusion, it's pretty alright. Don't know if it's the best option, but it'll do. It's also a master system/game gear emulator, so you can use it for those, too.

Yes, though I don't know why you'd want a 2 and a half minute video to explain it when I can do it in maybe a 10 short lines of text. It's idiot proof, tbh. Just seems like overkill.

>paste wiiu.titlekeys.gq when it asks for a url
>3ds.titlekeys.gq in the 2nd box if you want 3ds games too

That doesn't cover the AoC and Updates section, but those are on the CEMU wiki and actually explain what you're doing which is better.
Also, I may be wrong, but I think they changed directories for updates and DLC in the 1.9.x updates.

I wrote this only as I was really upset by the video's fucking music track reeeee

Would a kind user mind uploading their pcsxr-pgxp folder?
I dont know what I've done but I cant seem to get it to run smoothly anymore no matter what I change.

(checked)
Thank you!

Still shit compatibility.

Nah

gambatte is the way to go for me

Is it still shiting the bed with PAL games? If so, it's shit.

I mean it seems to be working fine on my end but why would you even care about that shit?

Alright, I got so far that it posted the first textbox, but without text. It says for a split second I need to download 4 missing font, but how the fuck do I do this?

PCSX2 A SHIT

A SHIT

Okay, so what's the best options as far as Dreamcast emulation?

Playing older games is truly the best way to experience vidya.
>Save states if you suck
What always worries me though is that the thought that I won't be able to experience every game I could possibly enjoy ever made.
Are there anons out there who have the other Holla Forums recommended charts? I thought I had the SNES one at some point.

Always use retroarch versions of emulators when available, they actually care about picture quality/latency/performance whereas standalone emulators generally don't at all.
Gambatte
Does mGBA have link support that's not garbage yet?
DESMUME is the only choice unfortunately
Wrong. Use puNES or Nestopia. Quicknes if you only care about speed but I've seen it glitch on a trillion games.
bsnes for accuracy. snes9x speed
PPSSPP
Juggle between emulators because they all got upsides and downsides and are compatible with games others aren't.

Don't use kega fusion. It's old enough that it's objectively worse to picodrive and gens plus gx. It's also proprietary.
Use the better of the 2 only actively maintained mega drive emulators for PC, gens plus gx on retroarch. If you're on a mobile device try picodrive, it's less accurate but much faster and meant for ARM.

Gambatte has sound popping/crackling issues in certain games, like the Zelda Oracle titles, while BGB doesn't have that issue. I've heard that those games actually had that problem on original hardware, which would make Gambatte more accurate, but I can't confirm that.

I've had those games since release (Though majority of those years was playing them on a GBA and a GBA Player), and I never remember having any sound issue.

If the RA core has different or lacks those sound issues then it's likely an issue, if it doesn't then it's likely a deliberate chocie.

That's what I suspected.

Occurs on both the libretro core and standalone, as well as mGBA and VBA-M using their GBC functionality. BGB is the only emulator I've tested that didn't have those pops, which is unfortunate, because once you notice them they're really fucking annoying, and I'd much rather use the libretro cores for the excellent handheld shaders.

Demul

I'd like to play Muramasa Rebirth on a Vita emulator.

DeSmuME work like a charm for me. How is it unfortunate?

When it works, its great but the number of good games that it can't run reliably is unfortunate.

BGB is good. Its lightweight and has a debugger.
Desmume is the only real usable one natively on PC right now. Others will probably ape it soon enough though because of how autistic zeromus is.
Drastic is better than Desmume(runs better and has better compatibility) even when you emulate it on PC using an android emulator though I wouldn't recommend doing that because of how many android "emulators" are unusable chink shit spyware and the fact that Drastic is payware on jewgle pay store.
Citra is the only option here. Its progressing at the same pace as PCSX2 i.e. very slowly. Its highly unoptimized though. You can run Persona 5 in RPCS3 at a better framerate than SMT4 in Citra.
For this its more of a matter of plugins than emulators. Mupenplus is surprisingly stagnant while PJ64 is developed by a kike. The only real progress is going on with GlideN64.
Mednafen is progressing nicely though its still less compatible than SSF.
redream seems promising but right now Demul is the best one which is a problem because its not multiplatform or open sourced.
PPSSPP is pretty good

Not happening anytime soon, you're better off looking out for a cheap PSTV in the meantime, provided you have a compatible controller too because that's probably gonna cost you more than the fucking PSTV if you don't.

There might be some unexpected progress from the Cobra blackfin leaks if they fully happen.

Desmume has a lot of problems. Being unoptimized and inaccurate with no hope for any improvements is a pretty big one.

Not as much as the retarded SD cards. That's why you also need to go for a 3.60 system so you can set it up to use USB storage, and pirating. It will prevent you from using PSN but that's an acceptable sacrifice.

What problems? Every game I've tried to run worked great.

It's not that inaccurate, the interpreter is pretty good actually, but the dynarec is a trainwreck and the whole thing is drowned in legacy shit, misplaced arrogance and incompetence and it is indeed not that well optimized (although you'd be surprised of how demanding proper LLE emulation of the DS actually is even when optimized)

There's thankfully 4 totally new emulator trying to unshit the situation and if that fails Drastic is getting an x86 port most likely so we can ditch desmeme forever.

Is there anyway to get savestates working when you're playing a Naomi arcade game in Demul. I have version 0.7 and I'm playing CvS2

Strange Journey still has fucked up text and a shoddy hack that only works occasionally.
Its unoptimized to an insane degree, with stuff like Bowser's Inside Story getting framedrops even on a 6600k. The audio syncing is pretty bad with random crackling(this could also be due to the unoptimized nature of it). The emulator also has a stupidly archaic save data management where it couples in game saves with save states. This can lead to situations where you will be unable to save at all in most pokemon games if you don't manage your save states. Again, Drastic has an option which allows you to separate save state data from ingame saves.
The pokemon games are another can of worms. The wifi emulation aspect was actively sabotaged by the autistic maintainer and despite the whole spiel about accuracy at the cost of performance, it isn't very accurate.

Its more innaccurate than the android shit that is Drastic. The only reason I use Drastic as a reference is because it runs better while also being more accurate.
when

Save states don't work in Demul. They will crash the emulator once you quit and reload them.

I've got an i7 3820, 16GB of RAM, a 970, and yet I just can't get a stable framerate. Do you really need a CPU with 4GHz clock speed per core to get a stable 30?

Yeah.
Also I don't think Cemu uses more than 3 cores and considering that the game had framedrops on the Wii U itself you'll be hard pressed to get 30FPS without a beefy rig.

You're mixing up compatibility and accuracy, they're important to each other but they're not the same thing, you can be cycle accurate and still not have full compatibility and you can have full compatibility without being anywhere close to accurate.
Drastic relies on per game hacks and cuts a few corners (wouldn't run like it does if it didn't) on some of the heavier to emulate stuff but because the dev is actually competent and pretty much works fulltime on it this doesn't look apparent and runs extremely well because he actually cares about his users.
Desmume doesn't rely on per game hacks (if you're using interpreter and SW rendering) and runs what it does pretty much based on it's own merits, although it still does some stupid shit like using floating point values where the real system would use integers (the minimap grid error in strange journey and generally all weird looking text errors are caused by that)
That said it's not even as accurate as MelonDS which is unfinished

Could be the Lake bug too (random programs running way worse on skylake and newer compared to haswell, affected quite a bunch of programs and emulators in particular), I don't think anybody checked desmume for that, and it's plausible that it could slip past

That's just the audio management of the program being garbage, when you run the RA core there's no such issue from what limited testing I've done, but that comes with it's own set of issues which is why I haven' really bothered with that either.

SOON™
Check the drastic forums all the info is there.

Nope

Yeah you do, and something better than an Ivy Bridge CPU wouldn't hurt either.
The sweet spot right now is a [email protected] or better.

It actually does. You can go look at the code.
It also needs hacks for accurate to accurately emulate the text in SMT and Etrian Odyssey games which doesn't work all the time.

I actually got a bit curious and tested something.
Citra seems to be running better than Desmume.

Oh and I completely forgot about the awful scaling in Desmume and the limited options for adjusting screens.

Apparently I was using an outdated build
The latest version runs better though the scaling is still an issue.
I also noticed a hack option which is enabled by default.

For NDS, there's drastic
just use an android emulator like genymotion or bluestacks(any version less than 2.5) or Memu
Avoid any other emulators as they're filled with chink malware
Desmume doesn't even compare to it

There isn't a single android emulator that isn't, android emulation as a whole is fucking garbage usability wise, not to mention emulator that actively fuck with external VM setups.

The 3 I listed are alright
Especially Genymotion
but that requires your rig to have high specs and is a bitch to root/run cracked apps

They're all adware my nigga, well apart from Genymotion, which is more of a development tool for testing stuff.
There is this anbox.io/ which is still early in development and is linux only.

What's the point in playing a game again if I can't absolutely wreck it?

Genymotion is likely the only one you can really trust among those, and only because it's developer oriented and actively discourages regular users from using it with it's rather complicated setup (something you wouldn't do if your goal was just to spread adware as fast as possilbe)
MEmu I wouldn't touch if I were you whois.com/whois/memuplay.com
Bluestacks always embedded itself in your system way deeper than it needed so I'm not trusting that shit either.

Have you tried the chinese/unoficial build thread on GBAtemp?

the ability to use gameshark codes was removed because the memory mapping in citra isn't the same as a real 3ds which meant that cheats that worked on a real 3ds didn't work in citra.

I have not, but if its as said there's no real point then unless people are also making new codes for Citra.

It was removed to prevent exactly that

This sucks. I can't really afford an upgrade at this point, but will mark it down for later. I guess I thought this CPU will last me for a while longer, but it is more than 5 years old after all, and it wasn't the newest tech when I bought it either.

Played some Super Mario 64 yesterday, got a bit of an itch for 64 games now. Grabbed F-Zero and the two LoZ. Is there a pic like these for 64?

I've got most of those and I dont think I've seen a 64 one. Anyway here's a list

Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie
Donkey Kong 64
Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Goldeneye and Perfect Dark (you should find the custom pj64 emu for these as it runs them really well)
Wave Race
1080 snowboarding
Excite Bike 64
Jet Force Gemini
Buck Bumble
StarFox 64
Super Smash Bros 64
Pilot wings 64
Mario Golf and Mario tennis
Blast Corps
Hybrid Heaven
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon 1 and 2
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth
Snowboard Kids 1 and 2
Conkers bad fur day
Bomberman 64
Kirby 64
Yoshi's Story
Paper Mario

can we name this thread /emug/ from now on?

you can name it whatever as long as emulation is in the subject.

You're missing fonts on your system that it utilises. I don't know how to check what it uses, so you'd best contact the dev on GBAtemp and ask him which you need to download.

You should have lots of fonts, goy. Why don't you install whatever MS tells you?

What would you like, my man? Console, genre, series or memes?

G3 towers were damn nice machines for the day. Very easy to upgrade and maintain due to the flip door design. I used my old G3 workstation as a server for almost a decade before it finally gave the ghost.

Hell,even the first generation G3 iMacs were easy to upgrade and take apart. Compare that to their modern day underpowered, overprized, completely non upgradeble hipster machines.

The best tower Apple put out was the G5.
It looked nice, had plenty of room for upgrades and 3 slots for drives, plus extra space to ghetto rig in extra drives.

Ran like a dream on PPC or Intel, never needed much maintainance.

Also, the Mac Mini was a worthy server for vidya, and the small form allowed me to make a simple automation function that would run/setup the dedicated server on boot up, so all I needed was an ethernet cable and power supply.

Deep Fear and non-working designs version of Shining Wisdom.

Try adjusting the settings for two minutes instead of using the fucking default settings for every goddamn game you fucktard.

Guise how do i download individual files from romsets at archive.org? Currently short on storage space but wanna emulate some games

Anybody know how (if… when…) internal scaling is set up? I'm tired of my N64 games looking like pastels. May jump to PJ64.

Internal scaling on the Parallel core anyway…

Try putting a / at the end of an archive (zip and tar work, other might too) link.

If you really care about that then don't bother with the RA core, try m64p.github.io/ it's basically mupen with a GUIO and GlideN64 already set up

Anyone know a trusty site to get some ps3 games?

psndl,ps3iso and nicoblog.

I love how PS1 is still shitty after more than 2 decades unless you're fine with playing games at 256×224

Looks fine to me, tbh.

But muh vulkans

Thanks my dude

The only part of Parallel that uses vulkan is the native only compute shaders based software renderer, hence why I said if you don't want native don't bother with RA.

Unfortunately broken and will probably never be fixed unless Tiny decides to come back. SW renderer is good though.

Buggy shit
Glad you asked

It's coz the DS didn't run at exactly 60hz therefore desmume doesn't either. This is accurate behavior. The devs even know about it.
You'll need to use the RA core to get 100% AV sync.

Ok mate…

Nice reddit charts bro

PS1 emulation is near perfect. No amount of up-ressing is going to make it look any better.

Okay, what's the differences between those two and Mesen?
That doesn't explain a single reason why the either of the programs are superior/inferior to Fusion. Also, isn't RetroArch mostly a meme since, after a certain point, the entitre program will have to be rewritten if anyone wants to see any greatly improved optimization?

That has nothing to do with the bad syncing in Desmume.

Except it does make it look better. Low poly is perfectly fine but that resolution is atrocious.

You really know fuck all about games from before you were born. Guess you're that nigger still putting H2QX filters on SNES games.

It has everything to do with it. Your monitor is more than likely running at 60FPS (unless you've got a gsync/freesync model) but none of the DS games are running at that refresh rate.

It doesn't. It only exacerbates the problems that the ps1 had with its graphics. Like poor models, textures not quite lining up correctly, jittering etc.

If I'm downloading a clean copy of Zelda BOTW do I need to download each single update or just the most recent one?

Shitty strawman

The jittering is dealt with with the Subpixel Precision option some emulators have, and even without it it's bearable. Like I said I don't mind the models at all, what I mind is all the textures looking like fucking shit when higher res can really prove to show them off .

Just download every patch.

Go learn what refresh rate and framerate actually is before acting retarded here.

Is there really no good DS emulator?

Desmume is kinda shit but still plays a lot of games if you can deal with all the issues it has.
Drastic through an android emulator is currently a better solution as stupid as that sounds but it's a more complicated setup, until the x86 version is released that is then it will be very simple.
No$GBA is the only emulator even making an attempt at DSi games but outside of that it's only good for toasters.

There's also the 4 newcomers, only Medusa and MelonDS are really anywhere usable for now though and they're still very WIP, CorgiDS is not looking too bad either it's too early to really tell though, GBE+ I wouldn't bother with it's a personal project and really not meant to be used by anyone but the author.

Everything not named here is shit or dead or both.

What are Desmume's issues?

They've already been discussed earlier in the thread

To answer your question with a question: Why are emulation threads filled with fags who never read the thread?

So Citra seems to have made visible progress for Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask. The game runs slow but the puzzles and the exploration parts seem to be running at 100% speed.

But it's free!

Whatever will I do?

These retrotards are always suffering from buyer's remorse which is why they are not happy that people are getting a better experience for free for something they paid hundreds of dollars for.

Real hardware fags are mentally ill and base their argumentation in complete guesswork and fiction.

And even if the lag input is real, most games have incredibly shorter load times on emulators. To the point where it causes major sperging with the speedrunning faggots about how emulators aren't fair.

Suffer because the intrinsically low value of what you choose to dedicate you time to will grant you zero pleasure and zero accomplishment, dooming you to forever wallow in a self-imposed hell

what are you talking about?

Have you tried PGXP?
You should take some screenshots with that.

Most jewish post of the year.

Does it handle games better than ePSXe?

Almost everything handles PS1 games better than ePSXe

Not really, outside of the 3D potentially looking better than the jiterry mess ePSXe does it's still plugin hell.

You only need a single plugin for video and another one for audio.

how is your toaster so shit that you cant run ePSXe? Pete's OpenGL2Driver's work great even on a 10 year old PC.

Thanks, I'll switch.

What the fuck are you talking about? Nobody is talking about performance here.

It was about how the emulator handles the games user not the computer handling the emulator.

But then why suggest pcsxr and not Mednafen? If you are just looking to play the game ePSXe works fine. And The user I first responded to here was talking about performance.

Because mednafen doesn't have PGXP or higher resolution rendering unless you want to use the buggy Retroarch core.

Why settle for closed sourced shitware when the alternatives are better?

because the alternative is just a meme

nice meaningless statement

Great argument you got there

emuniggers, when will they ever learn?
youtu.be/MPMjQ1Kbi0s?t=3855

flawed chart, kys nigger

Nice lack of arguments you got there.
How's that mental illness thing treating you?

poast spectrographs and waveforms measuring latency factoring for OS overhead, OS vsync, cycles emunigger

you know what those are right?

The only "electrical engineer" out of literal whos is a french canadian fedora tipper who has no portfolio in his field. Btw being a retrogoy isn't an engineering field.
One of them is literally asking for 25000$ to make a fucking wiki. Are you retrotards so easily scammed?

still waiting for you to prove them wrong :^)

What better setup would there be than a LED rigged controller with an high speed camera to how long after a button press the action happens on screen?

(IQ: 64)
is this what OS overhead and input lag does to peoples brains? Is it actually a degradation of IQ? Still waiting for you to prove them wrong.

because you can't and are a casual.

This is pretty amusing tbh

Still waiting for you to post anything but an appeal to authority user.

The carts in question were chinkshit off of alexipress and no, the creators didn't address the issue, you can still find the same chink shit no transistor flashcarts in the market with no mention of it.

Have you actually read his write up on the 3.3v issue or did your buyer's remorse cloud your judgement there too?

You're next line is

I'm talking about ePSXE opengl, PCSX opengl and Retroarch + Beetle PSX HW being buggy.
You can only get almost completely bugfree with native resolution, at least on my hardware.

wew lad

Its a bad chart because it fails to explain methodology, how the data was captured, etc. No source either, likely something some fag tossed together. If its the hill you wanna die on be my guest, gotta say the credibility of emuniggers is leaning more and more to the autistic fanboy side of things. Hardly fitting for a mustard.

It waa the chips using an unfiltered 5v rail for power compared to the 3.3v spec. At least do the basic reading, nigger.
Very much a nigger, aren't you? Try arguing whats in front of you. You're losing pretty bad.

Without a transistor and proper grounding. Read more than not at all paypig
You being a gullible retard isn't a quality and its not something I needed to invent either. Retrotards being victims of scams is well documented. The fact that your community thought everdrives were "premium" carts when they weren't even properly grounded only solidifies your status as good goys.

I just wanna say OpenEmu and Boxer are absolutely fantastic but only on mac. Yes you'll shit on me for even mentioning mac but it's the truth. Google them.

All the cores it uses are outdated versions of standalone and with it being tied to Mac and Apple's insistence on not using latest OpenGL or Vulkan, its only gonna remain outdated.

forums.libretro.com/t/an-input-lag-investigation/4407/424
All that because you're too lazy to check the proof before sperging out

this is the worst example you could possibly share as reason to disregard input lag on emulators. No wonder you people get called niggers, you're as dumb as them.

The only important part is the framerate, you being autistic about him using an iPhone doesn't change that

You don't need to know the detailed lag caused by each part of the setup to measure the result.

Except when you use them as proof amirite?

Yeah shattering your dreams about "muh lagless setup" must really hurt.

I'm using the latest version of RPCS3 and I've trying to play Catherine. I got it from Nicoblog (nicoblog.org/ps3-iso/catherine-usa/) and it said it was the US version but it was actually the undub, which is fine but I have a major problem emulating it. I played through some of the first part of it and I've been getting these weird missing text glitches through the game. I've seen some people have the same problem with it but I've also seen a video of the USA English dub have no text problems. Is this an emulation glitch or is it a problem with the cd version.

Here's a video of the English dub working fine.

Which renderer are you using?
Try enabling strict rendering mode.

I'm trying that now. I'm using Vulkan for now but I might try OpenGL.

Should just be not having strict rendering mode on.

I turned on Strict Rendering mode in the GPU settings, I think that might have been the problem. The settings in the video description might help people with the same problem.

Is that a joke?

I was told that Wii-U emulation was good but the audio pops and crackles constantly and is unbearable.

You were lied to
Its made tremendous progress in the short time that it existed but its barely usable.

Disgusting, kill yourself.

What's your definition of good? For Wii-U it's currently.

Well most of the current worthwhile exclusive boot and run, not all of those are completable afaik but most are.
So yeah, it's kinda meh unless you really just care about playing a handful of specific games with more or less major issues.

Is there still any good sites to find individual roms? Every rom site I know has been molested by Nintendo.

Search for them yourself.
I won't give you one, because last time when that question was asked, Nintendo DMCA'd few websites. Just coincidence my ass.

pls respond

If you bothered reading the wiki you will notice it says that the audio crackles.

Do you need to do this?
If you have a controller this shouldn't be a problem. If you don't could you not map all those buttons to a single button?

Assuming you're talking about a simple Google search, then I doubt it since Nintendo can google too.

Hardware specs of your PC, games in question?
Emu version?
GPU driver version?
Here's my folder QmaQhCFQV6u3EBRxpRFNspNXzUf3Kw5cLiNz5oxSpc1bTX, werked fine for me back in march.

Is Citra still an useless pile of shit?

Yeah.
Don't forget to let the telemetry function on and donate

Guys, what can the Tegra X1 run in terms of emulators?

Asking since I'm wondering if it's worth downloading Retroarch when they hack the Switch.

what n64 emulator will let me play pilotwings without problems.

Why?

github.com/m64p

The Tegra Shield tablet can even run some Gamecube games with some tweaks. The witch shouldn't be too different, so you could at least expect Dreamcast games to run decently.

Is there at least a way to convert .cia to whatever faggot format this bullshit uses? Last time I tried it was a clusterfuck of wild goose chasing for bizarre files and physical dumps.

so basically that's already on retroarch, besides the PS2, 3DS and OGXbox.

m64p now ships with both GlideN64 and Angrylion.
GlideN64 has some colors/shapes off but probably runs better. Angrylion is the most accurate N64 renderer so even if GlideN64 fucks up you'll have something to fall back on.

Probably some really old builds of gen3/4 emulators that were optimized for mobile devices.

I bet you have Steam installed right now.

nice assumption
you're wrong

Whatever you say, steamcuck :^)

I have a question for all of you, if you don't mind.
If I'm emulating a Gamecube game like Animal Crossing, which has the ability for me to go to an island in the game using my Gameboy Advance link, can I get to that island in the game with my Dolphin emulator? Never used Dolphin before and it's a comfy game I played a long time ago so I wanted to know before I started. Many thanks.

Yeah, now you just need a boot9.bin and a program that can use it to decrypt rom, the process likely is on the emulation wiki along with the needed files.

You could use AR codes to access that
I am not sure if dolphin still has GBA linking through VBA or not but you could probably use that too. It usually kills the performance though.

Why is Citra so fucking dumb? I'm sure I could get SMT4 to run acceptably if these nigger devs allowed me to tinker properly with the settings like in every real emulator ever, instead of having like 10 boxes to tick total.

you could probably ask for those features to be added on their forums, or add them yourself.
i suspect it won't help as much as you want it to.

What do you mean?

I hope every game you play for the rest of your life has random unfixable minor to moderate graphical glitches

Might be a stupid question, but is there a best version of Breath of the Wild? I looked at some torrents and there are a few ones to choose from.

look up wiiu usb helper

Wrong.

Neat. Thanks user.

Angrylion runs way better than I expected. I thought it was a meme plugin that struggles to get full speed on 7700k but it runs pretty well on a 6500 and a 6600k.

The switch version.

Sorry for late reply but thank you very much, user.

it's a bullshit Turn based RPG so yes.
Dunno if retroarch can handle double button assigning like mameplus did.

Could you just not use a reset button hotkey built into the emulator?

you mean retroarch's reset function, right?

Are there any good emulators for 3D arcade games? It seems like MAME generally doesn't work with any of these (if I remember correctly not even VF2 works on MAME) and I only know that Demul works with Sega's Naomi boards.
Also, I'm glad to see that PS3 emulation seems to be coming along well, there are quite a few Jap games I wanted to play that I either couldn't find or that shit was too expensive to import.

How is House of the dead 4 running on the ps3 emulator? I want to play that shit with a wii remote.

What is the current situation on ds emulators? Is Drastic DS still the #1 go-to for android? Is it worth paying for or should I just go download a free version? I don't want to root my phone so I'm guessing paid version will be the only thing that works unless there are alternatives.

Yes
no such thing as free version unless you root your phone

What? Can't he just download the apk and install it like any other, or is there something weird with drastic?

Yeah from my exp every apk I've downloaded will not work to some extent without having your phone rooted. I was just asking out of curiosity because i really hate having to fiddle around with phones trying to figure out how to make everything work.

its tied to playstore for activation. You need to use luckypatcher to remove that and to use luckypatcher you need to root your phone.

MAME will handle some of the less demanding ones somewhat well but anything actually recent is a no go
Supermodel will handle Model 3 but not perfectly
Demul does most DC derivative boards, but it's kinda shit
Anything based on regular PC boxes you'll have to go for a loader or some fuckery to make run on your regular computer.

The emulation wiki links to a site that supposedly has a version that is free and will work.
It's also apparently going to be legit free sooner or later.

Not necessarily. The only thing you need to be rooted for with lucky patcher is the best version of hacking in-app purchases.

The new Super Star Saga remake runs well in Citra. Don't bother playing it though because its fucking garbage.

Runs too slow and needs six axis emulation for a bunch of abilities which isn't in the emulator

Drastic will go free soon.
Melon DS developement goes very fast.
I didn't heard much about medusa.

At least I can play SOTN at full speed.

Anyway, pretty hyped for RPCS3, I'll have a Disgaea orgy once it's ready enough.

I am in the process of archiving my PS3 games for storage and hopefully future use with RPCS3; I have two questions regarding the process, however:
Firstly, am I correct in assuming that there is no working implementation of multiman that allows me to write to an ntfs drive partition, that I need to connect an fat32 formatted partition in order to copy data from the device, and that multiman automatically splits files exceeding the file size limitation, so that I just need to concatenate them later?
Secondly, am I correct in assuming that in order to archive DLC, updates and digital game copies, all I need to do is mirror the dev_hdd0/game folder on the ps3 to the dev_hdd0/game rpcs3 folder, and it will just work(tm)?

Looks like Smash is finally fully working on Cemu.

The best GBC emulator is BGB.

Someone explain this to me.

Video decoding on console in general is some next level dark magic fuckery and unless you're willing to do some dodgy stuff (aka decoding and displaying the video natively) it's a pain in the ass to properly emulate.

Any way to crop overscan in Mupen64plus?

Is there a Persona 5 Undub version?

I refuse to play with English audio

Doesn't the game have a japanese voice DLC? Just slap that up on your game.

alright, then I need to figure out where to download that shit

Nicoblog has both the game and the DLC. There's a lot of hoops to jump through to get it working and I'm too lazy to post it here. Once the game is working you'll need to download the Japanese Voices DLC and open the .pkg with the emulator, it will automatically apply it to the game.

Big note, I'm uncertain about how well your's will handle it, but when I try to turn on anime subtitles the video encoding is so off the subtitles don't even display. So if you're playing with Japanese voices you may not actually know what they're saying during the 2D animated cutscenes.

Strange side note, if you start a playthrough and save, then add the Japanese voicepack, for some reason the game will fail to recognize when you load the save and open the config menu, while at the start screen config will have the Japanese voice option. You have to install the DLC before you even start to play the game. Only reason I didn't was because I was tinkering with the settings for maximum FPS

I'm new to PS3 emulation, but I got Dragon's Crown working on Vulcan. Pretty fun and designs are sexy.

Ni no Kuni has too many problems. Shadows are fucked up and often the game will outright freeze up making you close it. If you don't skip cutscenes at least right before the end of them you get stuck on a black screen and are forced to close it. In this state it was an absolute waste of bandwidth to download it. My garbage ISP has a data cap and ~21GB Ni no Kuni contributed to me going over it having to pay a ten dollar penalty to get 50GB more. Fuck ISP jews and their artificial scarcity.

Anyways, recommendation for some games that actually run worth a shit on RPCS3?

Tried enabling strict rendering mode?

Catherine mostly works though you may need to fiddle with the settings to get subtitles to display correctly as I believe only the undub is floating around.
Persona 5 is playable, but, unless you have a monster of a computer the cut scenes will be abysmal as well as the overworld map. Again playable and because it's turnbased the FPS is not going to absolutely wreck you in combat,
I also recommend not playing Ni no Kuni even if it could damn well work because holy shit that game is fucking awful. It's like taking all the worst parts of Pokemon, JRPGs and Ghibli and putting it in a blender.

I'll try user but my machine is struggling to display everything as is

Scott Pilgrim vs the World (need to disable vertex cache in the config for that game though on recent versions)
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Okami HD (but you should hold out for the port honestly)
Catherine
Atelier in general
Tales in general

psndl

Strong as in high clocks (like an i7-7700K) or strong as in decent clocks with moar coars? I have an i7-5930K on 4.2GHz; it was clocked higher but the cooling solution has degraded with time and until I sort my cooling out I can't go much higher.

Both actually
Your 5930k at 4.2GHz might run it well. There are certain areas(boletaria) and things(breaking barrels) which pretty much kill the framerate though

Choose recompiler for both PPU and SPU, and check "Write Color Buffers".
It runs at at stable 30fps on a [email protected],8Ghz, though it crashes when looking at certain light sources.

Are you serious?
i7-2600kat4.8Ghz

Sometimes you just have to let things go and watch them on youtube where my computer isn't having a meltdown decoding

If that's the case, can the game even be completed?

Some guy streamed an entire playthrough of the game so I'd say yes.

Thanks to a couple threads on the board I downloaded several titles this morning: PoP - Warrior Within, God Hand, and, god help me, Final Fight Streetwise.

Warrior Within doesn't emulate well on any emulator.

ATLUS DMCA'D RPCS3

atlus.com/atlus-and-emulation/
archive.is/50fpK

Wait, the entire emulator? I thought Sony would have to do that, and Atlus can only attack people illegally distributing their game?

don't need the law on your side to threaten people with frivolous lawsuits.

Shouldn't they be DMCAing the provider of the pirate isos?
RPCS3 itself shouldn't contain any copyrighted source code/material afaik, if it did Sony would have C&D'd it a long time ago.

they sent a DMCA to patreon to kill their revenue stream.
Atlus can't do shit to the emulator itself.

Technically they used promotional material and art from the game on their site which they can't legally, rest is bullshit though.

They can. Theres legal precedence set with Bleem for exactly that but since its case by case basis, it doesn't stop Atlus from taking them to court and bleeding them dry.

But they shouldn't be able to, not even Sony can take down the entire emulator because Sony doesn't own anything but the BIOS.

So then if that's why RPCS3 can just take down the Persona 5 art right?

Read up on the reddit statement the RPCS3 devs made. The devs erred on the side of caution to avoid conflict.

HAHAHAHA

Why would you admit you have NO case?

Welp, it's a whole lot of fucking nothing.

archive.is/8YkIX
It's emulator developer statement.

For everyone not wanting to go to reddit, if anything I believe this proves that Atlus is planning to bring Persona 5 to PC. Especially with their wording.

That legal precedent says can use ingame screenshot as a comparison of how your emulator runs the game vs the original or between two versions of your emulator, you cannot use art from the game to promote your work which is what RPCS3 were doing.

I just got a torrent

Atlus didn't even mention that here
they were saying they can't make P5 playable on a PC (???) and that RPCS3 was giving instructions on how to "crack" the P5 DRM, in a post since removed. The team, as advised by Patreon, just decided to be on the safe side and nuke everything so Atlus can't do shit.

Meant for

Yeah, fuck this, I'm only buying Atlus games used now. Assholes.

I meant that it was the only part ATLUS had any rights to and that the rest was just made up bullshit.

I sure hope you mean you're supporting your local non-mainstream vidya stores.

sure

if they existed

Yeah like the god awful translation.

They were making money off the emulator, so naturally they got fucked for it. It was only a matter of time.

Buddy, the United States Supreme Court ruled that there is nothing at all illegal about emulators and emulation, and/or the possibility of the developer making money off of the emulator.

There are a few around where I live.

EMULATORS AREN'T ILLEGAL, HOLY FUCKING SHIT

welp there goes my hopes to finish the game

With how much active development there is in N64 emulation now you could likely get it fixed by just doing a complete bug report.

so, how is cemu doing lately? Didn't touch that shit in ages. Also you guys think we will get a switch emu anytime soon?

It's development is slow.

What's the best setting to emulate P5? I'm having shitty fucking performance that i even have low frames during the splash screen.

whats your CPU

Well this isn't a torrent hash, or a base64 code… What is it?

ipfs.io/
alternatively, you can use gateway.ipfs.io/ipfs/QmaQhCFQV6u3EBRxpRFNspNXzUf3Kw5cLiNz5oxSpc1bTX
if you don't want to install the client

First time hearing of this and I'm interested… But there doesn't seem to be a way to download an entire folder from the website, no?

Sadly no, you'd have to use the client for that.
You could also just create an empty directory with identical folder names by hand and then move all the files there.

i5 2450M.

Nothing short of a better CPU will improve performance for you.

I fucking knew it, i guess i should buy a new rig soon.

BOTW works pretty well now, I'm getting 20-30fps on an i7 2600 depending on the area. Smash has finally fixed the sound and it runs full speed, but for some reason I can't save and it sometimes goes black-screen while loading. Not sure if the revisions of 1.10.0 fix this.

wait what
do they hand out special builds to donators?

They get them first yeah. But nothing stopping us from pirating it.

So, is there an Xbox360 emulator yet? I want to play Fable II for once.

There is but not in a really usable state, unless you like Sonic 06

I'm having trouble picking a PSX emulator…
Accurate emulation but the graphics are horse shit, stuck with the original console resolution with models having jagged edges.
Has slightly better graphics but models are still pretty jagged, the emulator only plays .cue files and has to lower screen color depth to work.
Best graphics out of all three with model scaling and all that but terrible accuracy, constant graphical glitches happen and the game models sometimes move funny.

Use Mednafen with shaders you pleb. If you unironically think native res playstation is "bad graphics" you're too young to be here.

Mednafen is the most accurate
You'll want to use PCXR-PGXP instead of normal one.

not being able to emulate something is better than getting blue balled by subpar emulation

True but that is what I meant by can't play. I get mid 20 FPS at best.

What game is this?

I was afraid of that, as I'm fairly certain they can bring about slow downs / lags of their own.
They look okay on a CRT screen since the scanlines 'blend' with the jagged edges, otherwise they definitely look like horse shit.
To be honest I'm baffled by how the system simply cannot render a straight edge natively, even at low resolutions.

I tried that and although it makes the graphics look perfect it slows down to almost unplayable speed, also it doesn't fix the accuracy problem.

what toaster are you running lad

That's about it, anons go into a paranoid fit because Nintendo found out after it was directly linked here and it really doesn't matter in the end since the site also could've been found just by googling "super mario world rom" or something similar.

what happened to Launchbox?

Are constant freezes after Smash 4 matches a regular thing, or am I fucking up somehow?

It's a toaster alright, but it emulates everything from the era just fine (e.g. N64 and PSP emulate and scale without problems). But I'd say the problem is with PGXP, a simple graphics filter should not raise the requirements for a flawless emulation two-three times over those of normal non-filter emulation.

Normal PSX emulation is handled without issues, it's the filters I have a problem with.

Just use VBA, and VBA Link whenever you wanna trade with yourself to get those trade-only Pokemon. Otherwise I don't know of any other viable options.
You might have better luck with an emulator made for Android since "mobile" gaming is greatly focused on in current year, but in that case you'd have to run it inside an Android emulator like Nox.

THEN MAKE A FUCKING PC VERSION. THERE'S OBVIOUSLY ENOUGH INTEREST

God, So fucking retarded. Why are companies so damn fucking stupid?! It doesn't even affect me because my ps3 is cfw'd, but holy shit.

People are stupid by nature?

Henry Ford; the original goth.

Of course it's not illegal. But as soon as money starts changing hands that's when companies start getting pissed off and they will try anything to put a stop to it.

Mednafen or Xebra you fool.

The black ones were cheaper to produce.

I gotta get those pokemans, man
I'll give it a try
Thanks

What are the best emulators on android?
inb4
I play on everything else, might as well make my phone something I can fuck with too. And it shouldn't cause me total cancer now that I've got a controller and I mostly play RPG so I don't mind the lag.

Wrong, black paint just dries faster. Ford was basically saying they were pushing out Model Ts so fucking fast with his assembly lines that they could only come in black because that was the only paint that dried fast enough before reaching the point of sale from the factory.

There's Dolphin Emulator for Android. Be warned, you need a 64-bit device to run it. And even if your device has a 64-bit chip its most likely still running a 32-bit OS (if it's using a cheaper Cortex A53 based chip it's almost certainly running 32-bit under a 64-bit hypervisor).

That said, it actually works pretty fucking well if you have any recent flagship. Recently got an LG G5 from a friend and holy shit mother fucking Wind Waker on the go. As someone whos console back in the day was the Gamecube this blows my fucking mind.

I'll have to check that out for sure, thanks.

And fuck of course this thread made me want to install Dolphin on my phone again

You still get a slowdown on Windfall and Outset though, Dragon Roost works fine for me though

I too have an LG G5, damn this thing works great, I hope PM TTYD works good on it.

top kek