What's a good, unbiased video game review site?

What's a good, unbiased video game review site?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/v/index.html
web.archive.org/web/20161218020109/http://alternatives.gamergate.community/
thepiratebay.org/
gitgud.io/gamergate/gamergateop/blob/master/Boycott-and-Support-Lists/Support-List.md
highlandarrow.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

8ch.net/v/index.html

8ch.net/v/index.html

no such thing

No such thing exists. Now take your politics ridden reviews up your boimanko and like it you fag. Alternatively

8ch.net/v/index.html

Pirate shit, see for yourself. Same experience as reviewers with early press copies minus the faggotry.

Fuck off newfag

Doesn't exist.

Christ centered gamer separates religious bias and mechanical evaluation into separate categories so games like Persona can rank high on mechanical scale while rather low on morality one.

Yep. This is why it's totally okay for leftists to control the critic industry.

I'd say we are biased, but biases aren't necessarily wrong. If you're walking down a dark street and see a typical hood nigger coming your way your "biases" will tell you to get the fuck away from a likely mugging/assault/rape. In the same way we're biased against games that look like SJW pozz because they have a track record of being trash.

Reminder "racism" and "xenophobia" are jewish tricks meant to stop you from acting naturally cautious when faced with an outside element that may or may not be a threat.
would you rather assume hooded guy on the corner is a nigger and avoid him to him actually calling you and being your buddy or run up to a hooded guy just to get shanked by a nigger?

You don't risk dying from playing bad games. You don't even risk money if you pirate them.
False equivalence.
I wouldn't say biases are bad either if you're looking for them. Like if you look for reviews by someone who has similar taste than you. But the need for unbiased reviews is still legitimate

I risk my free time.

Another important reminder is to trust your instincts. Not everything needs peer review.

Hey I remember those guys. I think they dropped by once to say hi.

A chunk of anons dont their own opinions though. They just regurgitate what they hear other anons say.

So does reading a positive review on a game that you end up hating.

If that was an actual concern for you then you wouldn't be here.

If everyone on here has so much free time, why do they always complain about how rare it is for new good games to come out? They have all the time in the world if they can waste a little on Taiwanese flipbook forums, right?

If you're going to be watching/reading multiple reviews then you might as well play the game yourself instead if you value time so much

techraptor

All me.

Me.
The vast majority of games are shit. You can probably count the number of good games with one hand.

web.archive.org/web/20161218020109/http://alternatives.gamergate.community/

If you aspies savijg videogames then why do they all suck right now? Riddle me that gloobler gatoradtors.

gamesense.co seems pretty cool but it needs more users.

hi

Because video games have always fucking sucked. But not as much as other hobbies, like Role Playing Games. They're also less gay than other hobbies, again, like Role Playing Games.

Your friends.
You have friends, right?

That's a load of BS. There were a lot of good games in the 90s and early 00s. It's just that these days most games are overcasualized retarded swill where the gameplay is an afterthought. It comes from devs/publishers catering to the Dean Takahashi's of the world.

Closest one is Holla Forums, and that's only through having so many conflicting biases that they all end up cancelling each other out.

And bear in mind some rare exceptions. Like undertale.
A fruitless thing to ask about here because of memetic status.

Video games have gone downhill, because video games are being exploited by people who want to use video games to push politics, or people who want to make money.

Before the early 00s, most video games were made by programmers and hobbyists who just wanted to make something cool. People like Iwata, Stamper brothers, and Carmack come to mind. Today, you mostly have large studios pushing games they've researched that "should" make a profit, in established engines. Meanwhile, the indie developers, who would normally grow into a Carmack through merit, are ignored because mainstream gaming media is a colluded clusterfuck of "I don't know you, go away developer, oh look my friend made a browser text adventure, check it out".

I would blame budgets, but you don't need a giant budget to make a great game.

thepiratebay.org/

Read the comments.

Well to be fair.
As technical expectations have increased production expenses do become more expensive. Not saying that triple A budgets are necessary to be as big as they are, but that's the state of it. Smaller projects tend to be more focused and cohesive. There's sort of a sweet spot between complete shit babbies first vidya and triple a where appreciable quality is at, and a boon of this is that it tends to lean that these games are also inexpensive.

This has to be the most bias site on the net. Sure you don't hear people calling you a racist or mysogynistic but just try telling people that N64 or Sonic are garbage and see how biased people are.

It's a comfy site and they are nice people. Review wise, I like how their pros and cons are succinct.

You say they are tricks of the Jew but it's the same people that have pitted you all against everyone else.

Nichegamer is pretty decent as well.

the only site i visit now is dualshockers

Biases aren't that bad when they are at least sincere and align with your priorities. Even with all the political bias this place has, you know that at least most people here value gameplay over stuff like graphics, story and diversity, like Naughty Dog devs . Also, you know that everybody here can at least complete Cuphead's tutorial

I like /vr/ stuff, and this is a great place for getting good recommendations and sincere opinions. Even old console war zealots have something useful to say about the things they idolize.

So yeah, 8ch.net/v/index.html
Also this, I guess
gitgud.io/gamergate/gamergateop/blob/master/Boycott-and-Support-Lists/Support-List.md

Yeah, no. There's a fucking glut of shitty games from the 80s, 90s and 00s. Shitty games are and always will be present. Eventually they're all that will be left.

Define bias.

They're waifu obsessed losers.

None. They're all pushing their own agenda and pandering to a certain audience.

It's been a long time since I've visited Holla Forums and I don't keep up with much gaming news anymore.
Is GamerGate still relevant in 2017? Is it still a thing?

these dubs

Kotaku.

christ centered gamer gave dawn of war 3 a game score of 80%

Only when the clownhairs need a scapegoat/villain.

You're all plebs.

>>>Holla Forums

I like highlandarrow.com/

Their twitter feed is wholesome as heck, too

Never too late to come back to the Lord's light, kids

There is this youtuber called no cometary that's pretty good. He shows how the game is pretty well.

I should make a review site.
I'd only review games and not talk about politics.

Too bad no one would read it because the current political climate requires everyone to pick the extreme side of the same coin and forcefully inject political discussion into every topic because everyone thinks having an IQ around 80 and a social media account/access to the internet deems them worthy of debating complex topics that have plagued society for thousands of years.

I miss gggmanlives. He was god tier, take no prisoners type, but sold out to a game company gameghazi whatever the fuck it's called and now all of his reviews are as biased as your average ign review.

She's a giant cunt who keeps making dramas in (Gold)Source community.

Because if you weren't a brainless retard you'd know dialogue with certain cultures is inherently impossible, not to mention to have dialogue you need understanding while (((the left))) says otherwise.

BasedGamer

hot meme

Like the idiot you are, you are missing the point OP.

Its not about reviews being unbiased, its about finding a bunch of people with the same taste as yourself in order to judge a game.

fpbp, came here to say this.

I've been getting all my vidya info from Holla Forums (formerly 4chan, now Holla Forums) for a decade now. It's far more useful for figuring out which games to play, whether new releases or old classics you've never touched before.

Nichegamer is good
Oneangrygamer is too
Gamesnosh and some other places are okay
ChristCenteredGamer is good too and they do their best to separate gameplay from the christian part of the review
Though I think they might be too nice on the gameplay portion
Gamesrevolution?

It is still relevant; just not as strongly as it used to be. Main reason you don't hear as much about it now is that the current ops focus on building channels of communications with the japs to protect from the growing poz that SJWs bring. At the moment there's a battle between the (((localizers))) and NoA's team vs normal people on Twitter telling them straight up what's happening
Also operation Google too I guess but yeah its not dead
Threads still going strong, but the leddit doesn't care too much about the games themselves anymore unless the scandal is huge (fake Far Cry petition)

The instant they got featured on a site for a community award that place was swarmed with fucking shitters.

Seconding Christ Centred Gamer.
I know it may seem like a meme but their reviews are fairly neutral.

As crazy as it sounds, Holla Forums both here and cuckchan, are a fairly good source of unfiltered opinions. Once you know how to understand how people post, you can clearly see how good a game is.

Here's an example: imagine a new RPG comes out and there's a a few back to back threads discussing the game. The gameplay, graphics and level are constantly trashed but nobody really mentions the story. That means the story is most likely to be decent, if not good.

Or generic trash that doesn't matter, because it is a fucking video game and not a movie. You need to go back.

If there's one certainty about chans, it's that people will bitch about anything worth bitching about (and bitch about stuff not worth bitching about, too). In my example, if the story had been bad, there would've been plenty of people criticizing the story.

There's none, including this place. Fanboys and haters ruin everything. Yesterday we had a thread up about Halo being better than Half-Life.

Just befriend some old timer or game store clerk, who will know their history of gaming without having to fight for gamer cred.

I can't read this post

Better that than have faggots like Jim Sterling or Jeb Whitaker who can't handle boobs on characters

The sheer volume of games in the 80s and 90s means there are more good games.

Didn't stop Minecraft from being popular. These big studios just feel like they have to have teams of 100s of people making something.

Some of these are cancerous, but they still ended up being popular with hardly any budget and small teams. Games like Minecraft, Cave Story, Undertale, etc.

You don't need a huge budget to make a commercially successful game, and when these big studios tell you it costs a lot of money to make a successful game, they're lying to you. The whole thing is a bubble, it'll pop eventually.

Righto mate.

Gonna have to wait until they have AI reviewers.

No one would read it because you're boring, fuckwad.

Website? no. But yahtzee is brutally honest.

Do you want a reviews site, or a news site?

I can give you the second but the first is retarded. if you want reviews on a game, go to Holla Forums

You forgot your :^)

You need a lot of luck though. For every Minecraft or Cave Story there's dozens, if not hundreds, of indie games that fall into obscurity. Publishers go for blockbusters and massive marketing budgets because they know the normalfags will respond to that in a quantifiable way and buy their newest piece of shit. It's a sure bet.

The problem is, that just like any other sort of addiction, the dopamine release required for the next overhyped turd needs to be higher to give the normalfags their fix, which requires more assets, more marketing, quicker development, etc. Basically, the publishers are now stuck in a vicious cycle where each new release ups the ante, because these games cost them a shitload of money to make, and each new iteration costs more, so they play it more and more safe as time goes by. This, however, eventually bores the normalfags out, making them go look for their thrills someplace else.

Maybe its a good game and you're wrong.
I wouldn't accuse anyone on Holla Forums of having a bias opinion

No, it's not a good game.

Well I'd never accuse someone on Holla Forums of having a bias opinion.

What's good about the game? The "lel so quirky XD" writing? That's highly subjective and wholly dependent on just how much tumblr pozz you're able to tolerate. Is it the music? Admittedly, the game does have a few songs that are catchy, but I'm not playing games to listen to the music. Is it the graphics? Certainly not since the spritework is trash and inconsistent, not that I can fault a one man project for lackluster visuals.

So, what is the gameplay like? Simplistic and gimmicky and clearly not the focus of the game, it's something you suffer through to get to the next part of the story, not the main reason you'd bother with Undertale to begin with.

Now, I'm not one of those people that say gameplay is everything, I can enjoy a game with lackluster gameplay if the narrative is interesting or interactive enough, but Undertale falls flat in that regard. I gave no shits about anything or anyone in the story, and the binary choices are BioWare tier.

So, pray tell, why is Undertale supposed to be a good game?

Jesus fucking christ.

I like how you ignore everything else I said and focus on that alone. Yes, it's a fucking gimmick with no depth to it. Oh, wow, you added shoot 'em up mechanics to your quirky jRPG homage? How fucking original! Now let's pretend the gameplay isn't shallower than most flash games!

Fuck you.

It's pretty varied for a shallow shoot 'em up, at least when it comes to enemy variety. There two ways to overcome each enemy, one that is a fundamental dealing damage and one that is functionally puzzle-like, in that you have to deduce the correct answer. In several instances, picking the wrong one makes the fight harder. That and each enemy has two attack patterns which are then combined with other enemy attack patterns. And that's if we're not accounting for enemies with 'don't move', 'do move' and 'proximity' mechanics, which are in turn colour coded so the player knows what to expect from a glance and how to react to it, and also to subvert it early on in the game with the infamous 'Blue' boss.

You're desperately grasping at straws trying to make the gameplay look more complex than it actually is. And please, don't use the word 'difficulty' with Undertale.

Well now look who doesn't have a fucking argument.

Bravo Toby, bravo!

You faggots are fucking hilarious. Of all the hills to die on you could have chosen, you had to pick Tumblr: The Game.

Now I wouldn't accuse anyone on Holla Forums of using a hyperbole…
But what exactly is wrong with a more complex Space Invaders to resolve JRPG combat?

lel

There's nothing wrong with it, you're just playing a subpar copy of Space Invaders inside a subpar "homage" to a jRPG, the enjoyment of which is wholly dependent on how deep inside the tumblr spectrum you happen to be.

Like I said in my original post, Undertale is a shit game only like by people that fall for its tumblr charm.

Your using a hyperbole again. Space Invaders follows an easy to track pattern, has enemies only fire downwards and some versions even provide you barriers that protect you from enemy fire. Undertale gives you no such guarantees, with attacks approaching from all sides, no protective barriers, and while under attack you must simply wait until the attack subsides to be allowed to retaliate. Space Invaders, and derivatives, is a great example of gameplay, but by no means is Space Invaders complex. Especially considering the contextual colours and changing mechanics mentioned before.
But I apologize user, I'm sure your favourite game is 100% original, not derivative at all whatsoever.

nice

It's FO1 if you have to know, and it's blatantly obvious it is derivative, the people behind it made no mystery of this fact. While both it and Undertale heavily rely on the writing for enjoyment FO1 actually has the quality and mechanics to back it up, Undertale does not.

Again, if you're playing Undertale for the gameplay you're doing it wrong, and if you're doing it for the writing you're a faggot.

You've chosen feelings over fact. You want Undertale to be bad so you ignore any merit it might actually have. Your entire argument boils down to Undertale being derivative of Space Invaders, which it is, which it improves on vastly in ways I have mentioned before, but every time you are told of these improvements you just double down and do pic related.
My original assessment of you here was 100% correct.

No, my argument is that if you're claiming it's a good game based on gameplay alone you're doing it wrong, and if you claim it's good because of the writing you're a tumblrtard should probably quit gaming and go watch Steven Universe.

It's not that I want it to be good or bad, it's that the game has simplistic gameplay and shit writing.

Yeah, I suppose. But a handful of good games isn't any compensation for a skyscraper of garbage and shit. There are whole genres of games that are shit. Sports games, RPGs, Dating Simulators/VNs, and so forth. It's fucking horrible that Roleplaying and Sports games are a huge chunk of all the games that have ever came out.

Except for the parts where it keeps changing, or do we just disregard those for the convenience of your argument?
The writing is fine. It's just generic friendship anime nonsense and is honestly inoffensive. The gay side of it is vastly overstated and played for comedy, with the one exception being the dykes (who are pretty much the epitome of). But the players actions genuinely impact the story, not necessarily from start to finish, but actions you take early on change dialogue, and the ending vastly changes depending on what you've done. One interpretation is that the games theme is forgiveness, so it gets sappy sometimes. The lolsorandom humour is also overplayed, as the greater portion of humour comes from the characters and their difficulty interacting with a non-hostile being, assuming you are playing the pacifist run, where a greater portion of the humour is contained. But fortunately there's also another interpretation, that the 'true' route is through the merciless run where you kill everything, as it is the most final out outcomes that cannot be undone. Without prior knowledge, players my indulge in this run just out of curiosity, and experience the most challenging boss fights, only to learn they have irrevocably damaged their game (not literally, but that's the interpretation/intention).
That's a pretty involved story for a generic meme game. But I'm sure you'll have an absolutely inspiring answer as to why choices impacting gameplay and multiple interpretations of a story are 'tumblrtard'.
Y'know why Undertale isn't number 1 on any top 100 lists yet? Because its not the best game that ever existed. But it's still a good game and has more points in its favour than against it.

Dualshockers is free from political cancer, and their reviews are pretty decent.
There's also OPRainfall for Japanese games.

Not surprising.

i dont think so m8

tbh I'd just wait until Glitchwave comes out of its "NEVER EVER" stage and becomes public

The gameplay in Undertale never changes. It's clearly established from the beginning that you have two major routes; a standard playthrough or a pacifist playthrough, and every single encounter that you play out will resolve itself in one of two ways, which is to say that you'll either defeat your foe with conventional means of attack, or you'll learn about a very obvious hint that will then allow you to "spare" the monster in question. The encounters, the story progression, even the minute details of every enemy's attacks, like specific patterns, are all the same no matter which way you decide to approach the encounter, and the story's ending is the only relevant thing that changes.
Not sure what you mean. If you're suggesting that people who criticize the game for being full of "lolsorandom" humor are themselves exaggerating the presence of said humor in order to find reasons to hate the game, then I'd say I have to strongly disagree. The game is built with this sort of quirky, "look at how clever and cute my dialogue is : DDD" writing in mind, and this is precisely why autists and tumblrs are attracted to it. To be fair, the game has its moments, particularly at the end, but the majority of the game is awash with this type of juvenile "meme humor", and it can be grating. Having a glowing personality may be fine for some people, but it doesn't compare to a well developed character arch, especially if you don't find the aforementioned personality to be all that appealing in the first place.