What's so special about Cold Steel?

Anons keep saying this a great JRPG, and while the combat is okay everything else is boring. It's literally the same old JRPG centered around a highschool setting and jam packed with extremely predictable, overused cliches that are completely unfunny and unentertaining from overuse. It's also full of painfully mundane and pointless conversation that has no effect on anything, at best serves to exacerbate the character's obvious cliche personalities, and is probably just there to push up play time. Why have any anons said they liked this? Is it because the love interest falls on the MC pushing her tits into his face and from then on has an irrational tsundere relationship to him? Is a little boring generic fanservice all it takes to have dozens of anons parroting that a game is good?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/QGN12
thezensite.com/ZenEssays/Philosophical/Logic_of_Diamond_Sutra.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sounds interesting, but Disgaea 3 can be emulated now, and I don't want to overdose on Japanese Highschool Obsession. Some other time.

Falcomfags always overhype things and make up excuses, CS is a mediocre game at best and unlike Sky it doesn't even have a interesting background story to save it.

Then you might like Every Generic Highschool Anime Ever. It's great and it's airing right now!

he is cooler then sonic and the fastest too fuk u

Beat me to it, you fucker.

Waifu idiots will hype anything

the majority of Holla Forums has SHIT taste when it comes to any kind of writing. They'll praise the most generic shit to high heavens provided it doesn't have SJW shit and isn't utterly asinine. Never ever take Holla Forums's suggestions for VNs, or at least seek a second opinion somewhere. If the game's biggest pro is "great story" according to Holla Forums, avoid it like the fucking plague, there's a 70% chance of it being awful in every aspect.

who hurt you, op?

The oversaturated anime industry.

They are wrong.

This board generally has an awful weakness for generic JRPG shit.

JRPGs in general are the most boring shit you could possibly play, but they always top themselves with having the most obnoxious and blatant fanservice for fat morons.

Even the better ones like Persona are still pretty bad, and there is some absolutely abysmal, cringy and painfully shameful shit like Neptunia that people like around here.

I haven't played many JRPGs since the PS2. Did they just lose all creativity and start getting designed by Nipponese committee at some point?

I'm playing it and it's alright, I like the combat and the characters are ok overall. I'm hoping the story pays off in 2 and 3, 1 is just set up. I'm a sucker for story progression (like trilogies, etc) and I have patience and autism so I can overlook a lot of bullshit. That tsundere accident annoyed me to no end and almost made me drop it though.

I hate NepNep shit, uninstalled it when Nep said she didn't want her memory back 40 hours in. Also the characters were annoying me to no end. I LOVE P3P, P5 was boring as fuck. Never got to play P4 properly.

Faggots here think persona 5 is legit GOTY material. Let that one sink in.

I nominate Automata as GOTY, honestly. P5 felt like bland boring trash although they had all the right ingredients- they just failed at putting it all together.

Its more that the publishers and developers found an obsessive, easy to please audience that wants the same thing over and over.
Its why JRPGs haven't evolved at all, they're still stuck with the awful, slow turnbased combat that doesn't require you to think 95% of the time and waiting out animations. A generic story about an evil thing that wants or is god that you beat with the power of love and friendship and uninteresting characters that are just the same archetypes copy pasted over and over.

The only thing that changes between them is the artystyle, if its generic schoolgirls or some weird magic mecha shit, and how much tit they show.

Hurts every time I see it on a GOTY list.

I think the best way to handle Persona games since 3 is to always wait for the re-releases.

anime is mental poison

Well this is not an anime thread but I agree, anime does nothing but warp your mind.

It's not a great game, probably the worst of the Trails games, but it is enjoyable if you like these types of games. The story of the first game exists essentially just to set up the story for Trails of Cold Steel 2. The combat is pretty fun because of the absurd ways you can break the game with quartz customization.
Since she gets over that in like the first or second chapter, I'm going to assume you're still fairly early in the game. You should at least finish the first field mission before you totally give up on it.

The only good Persona is 2 and neosmt fags hardly even acknowledge it.

Well can you name ten games that are more deserving of the spot that have released this year?

why not just one game? goty is only one award for one game. why 10?

I thought Cold Steel was pretty shit. It's just Trails in the Sky, except taking out all of the story and characters that made it interesting and turn it into a generic slice-of life highschool anime in a highschool setting. Your missions are literally field trips, and the whole game is split up into episodic chapters that play out pretty much exactly the same sequence of events as every other chapter. I literally had to fight to stay away past the mid-way point.

Not to say that Trails in the Sky was some great masterwork by comparison, but at least it was baseline competent and didn't act as a form of digital chloroform.

Can you name 10 reasons why it is even deserving of a spot?

Well the reason it's on the top 5-10 games on people's GOTY lists is because they feel it's one of the ten best games to come out this year.

no, but I can say that out of this year that there isn't a game yet that can knock off persona 5 from that 10th spot. Maybe Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade, we shall see.

Your kind makes me sick.

I think the sentiment comes from the idea that fat fucks can't get laid, so they fall back to cartoon titties and masturbation. At least in America, that's no longer the case though. In America, being morbidly obese is the norm, and unless you lower your standards to be a pig fucker - competition for women that are both mentally grounded and reasonably proportioned is skewed to almost be equivalent to hitting the lottery.

Skinny guys will fap to Anime, because anime girls don't get unfuckably disgusting fat.

I think you mean
It is just more expendable weebshit.

It is true though.

Your image was a good choice, for you are the monkey calling the human "nigger".

Das rite. Spooky skellingtons like them too.

There's also the very real risk of thinking you've won the lottery, and then the moment you produce a child or put a ring on her finger, the bitch gets lazy and becomes fat because she's got you trapped for life and doesn't need to keep up appearances to get by anymore.

It's a typical shaming tactic fat women use. "Ewww, you like depictions of femininity and beauty? That's so gross, like…" because apparently real women weigh 350 pounds and have nose rings.

Don't talk to me or my waifu ever again.

My favorite part is when people claim that anime girls are drawn by men who don't interact with real women and don't even know what they look like, as if the anime highschool girl body type is physically impossible.
I have seen a girl in real life who looked exactly like Misaka Mikoto, it was fucking surreal. It's only so rare because first world women are fatasses who haven't been slim since they were 10 years old.

Whatever you say, fatty.

Post a link, picture or something faggit

ITT:

Also some of the best character designers and ero doujin artists are women.

I walked past her in a store, I wasn't gonna whip out my phone and snap a pic like a fucking sperg. She was wearing clothes similar to the sneaking outfit, short shorts and black t-shirt with cap. Exact same build and hair. Freaky.

I think the fact that its GOTY worthy says more about the year and less about the game. It did what it was supposed to adequately, but nothing more. It didn't wow, it didn't dazzle, it didn't leave a fond memory, but in a year full of sub par, adequate is enough for GOTY

CS1 is just the set up for Cold Steel 2. CS1 is just introducing the characters and the setting. The story is just there as a set up for the civil war that goes on in the second game.
Don't play the game by itself unless you play CS2 immediately afterwards.

That's fucking retarded.

Can I not just get an opening cutscene instead of an entire mediocre game to precede the main events? All the chracters are tired cliches. It's not like that couldn't be shown in the first 5 minutes of the game, like it is in the first one.

Its true, if you wanna jerk off to anime girls that is fine, a lot of people do that.
You are fucking deluding yourself if you think the games involving them are good, they're just fanservice and obnoxiously and blatantly so.

JRPGs are an awful genre for people with the most generic and dumbest wish fulfillment fantasies.

Brainchild, you haven't given a single reason why it should be on any spot.

You pretty much described every JRPG ever.

I didn't know that Parasite Eve was centered around a highschool setting and jam packed with extremely predictable, overused cliches that are completely unfunny and unentertaining from overuse.

Now you do, idiot.

he's a goon trying to fit in

90% of this thread is goonposting. You can tell it's the same fags shitting up falcom threads and the "anime is degenerate" Holla Forums LARPers.

That is fucking stupid.
If that's the case then they could have just started with CS2 but had a small intro at the beginning explaining what happened in CS1.
Why plays a mindless mediocre game for dozens and dozens of hours when it has about 2 minutes of actual story in it and it's really just a "lead up" to the sequel.

lmao

CS2 has a character profiles and a summary of the story of the first game that you can read in the menu.

As other user's have said most of the people hyping it up are the ones who already played through and enjoyed Sky. I also enjoyed Sky but I'm waiting to see if they actually go full /m/ with the franchise before I continue. Even then I might skip High School Hikinks.

I never said that CS was bad. It's just that the second one is better and has more to it than the first game.

You know what I don't get? How a developer that makes a series that is essentially pure gameplay fun turn around and make JRPGs with one of the longer scripts in the genre and somehow make it fun too.
Then halfway through a certain year they replace shitty garden gnome graphics for generic 3d handheld graphics and everything goes to shit. Now every game, even the aforementioned pure gameplay fun series now has to have long ass cutscenes outside of the first opening movie and the ending chapters. Now we have to have shitty voice actors never shutting up instead of just having them do grunts and quotes for special moves and whatnot. And most of all, they seem to have completely and utterly lost their touch with gameplay. Now they have a fully 3d world and models to interact with which you'd think would open up a world of possibilites, and instead we get mediocre as fuck games with no jumping or any actual use of the 3d world. Bosses are a huge step down in quality, the boss difficulty is no more because now we gotta have showy animations and effects for our new skills instead of just slightly expanding the moveset and working on it, AI is musou tier and the entire game can be passed by using whichever

Granted I'm not talking about Lacrimosa because I've yet to play it ree fuck you nisa you promised me on the 12th nor cold steel because I've still yet to play the 3rd(honestly somehow Trails SC and FC are one of the five JRPGs I've finished despite me not liking 90% of jrpgs) but Ys Seven and Celceta, and Gurumin sucked fucking dick and pretty much killed any and all hope I had for Falcom continuing their high quality games.
I mean Xanadu next kind of undid some of the bad taste but still.
Basically I'm afraid Coldsteel are the ys seven+celceta of the trails games.

the name, pretty much

This guy get's it. But seeing as the highest rated western RPG in Nippon is Skyrim, I think that it's just "grass is always greener on the other side"

Welcome to every falcom games
Believe it or not, this kind of inane dialogue appeal to some people

Now please kill yourself for enjoying shitty graphical text adventures with shitty drawings in the background.

I don't know about others, but I like it because it's similar to the ps2 area of JRPGs. Sure it's not the greatest JRPG ever, not even compared to only ps2 era JRPGs that it tries to imitate. But for nearly 10 years we've only really had shitty weeb pandering JRPGs like the nep series. So an okayish JRPG like Cold Steel seems really good after 10 years of nep tier shit.

Also
Your list is looking pretty shitty fam
I'm not even gonna go into the others because they're a waste of my time
I haven't even played any Persona games but your taste is pretty shit lad; I don't think you're worth trusting for anything related to a GOTY.

OP is almost certainly the guy screeching on the Falcom general, the times to add up, seems he needed anti-jrpg contrarians to validate him.

The fuck you say nigga?

Name something redeeminig about this shit game that may as well be a highschool anime.

I think I'll just play that then.

But Cold Steel appears to be exactly that.

Didn't know we had one up. I was actually posting this thread in the hopes that fags would tell me something redeeming about the game. Just calling the people who don't like it "contrarians" isn't exactly helping in that regard. From the looks of it, I'll probably just jump to the second game, which is something I rarely do with JRPGs.

I fucking knew that the moment this series hit PC it'd be picked up by idiots who got conditioned into getting used to simple games with dumb stories by games like Skyrim and Overwatch (or no stories, like Dark Souls). Complaining because they can't fathom character development, multiple plotlines and twisting narratives. They can't see the difference between it and games like Persona

You do understand that everything about 2 is directly related to 1, right? Or are you that retarded?

Trails games don't need shitting up. Falcom does it themselves. What's hilarious is you people think this franchise is above criticism.

Ay, it does have weeb pandering like a lot of ps2 era JRPGs did. In fact PS2 JRPGs are probably to blame for the current state of JRPGs becoming nothing but weeb bait. But the difference between PS2 era JRPGs and modern JRPGs is that the PS2 era while having weeb shit, it wasn't the sole focus of the games. Cold Steel also has good world building, decent but slow story, decent combat, and fun mini-games. While the waifus and weeb pandering are there they're not the main/only focus of the game.

You know what pisses me off about cold steel without having played it?
I first heard it was one of the first fully 3D falcom games. So I assumed the combat would now be more complex, with terrain and different vertical levels and whatnot.
Turned out it just wasn't, which to me implies all the 3D world is for is just to have better eyecandy.

Wasn't calling people who don't like CS contrarians would make me one myself since i prefer the sky series Meant more the fags who just hate jrpgs in general.
Didn't fully read the OP so apologies for mistaking you with the buthurt fag.

I know this is the whole "it gets better later on" argument so fair enough if you don't wanna slog through it but it really does. Alisa (the tits tsun bitch) only gets 2 (and one is very minor) parts where she is relevant again after the absolute clusterfuck that is the start of CS, and is largely ignored (or at least you can choose to and who wouldn't) in CS2
Honestly infuriates me how CS starts since it goes full cliche shite at the start before leaving a lot of it behind early on.

In regards to jumping to the 2nd game, while it could be done, and more easily facilitated via an lp or something i'd advise against it. Dunno if you've played TiTS but its similar in that firstly a major part of the game is npc and their storylines which you couldn't feasibly go over, unlike a story summary. That and the 2nd game revisits some locations but expects you to know where to go, which without prior knowledge would make things more difficult.

Also while speculation on my part has anybody else noticed the decline in NISA shill posting following confirmation of their fuckup of Dana has coincided with a rise in CS hate ?

Nobody thinks it's above criticism. People have answered your criticisms, but the illiterate can't comprehend the answers.

Where, in the Falcom thread? Try saying something against the series there, they'll call you a shill. They're a bunch of paranoid fuckers who think everyone who dislikes their games is part of a conspiracy and they cannot handle criticism. Look for some archives, most will confirm that. Sure, excuses of suspicion, but it's not really suspicions of it being NISA shills as the general has behaved exactly the same way before NISA took Ys, it's just they want anyone who disagrees with them associated with shilling for NISA, just like feminists and leftists want every act of disagreement against them called racism, xenophobia and sexism.

For a typical Falcomfag, take a peek at 0d2e91 who seems to think or imply everyone who dislikes his favourite game is the same person, a shill and obviously conspiring against it. In other words, if you criticise it, you obviously have bad intentions. Typical circlejerk scare tactic, not likely to work outside of the designated shilling zone.

archive.is/QGN12 Check the posts, but especially look at this textbook shilling of 181d72, the OP! Doesn't the suspicion that all who dislike the games of 0d2e91 here seem alike to that of 181d72 in there, stating people disliking Xseed might be sent by NISA and implying criticism is a problem? Maybe they're the same person, but it's so fucking typical of the faggots who post there, I won't bother suspecting that. Many in the archive display that train of thought.

That's harsh, calling 0d2e91 a nobody. Falcom general must be where nobodies meet up, then? Maybe the nobodies should stay there, then?

It's a pretty good name actually

inb4 this is used to call me paranoid while ignoring it's accuracy

Also while tbf the Falcom general does go overboard with calling people NISA shills that's because so many of them have shit up the threads, ffs there's also confirmed games journos in there

sage because the fags clearly baiting me

Of course you're gonna get called a shill when you're not high level enough to wear the Stone Blue-Jeweled Mask of Autism and purely focus on criticizing the game design, plot, story and what not instead of letting you get sidetracked with namecalling and not-an-argument shitflinging because you're more interested in a cheap win on the internet than having a solid discussion. Imagine how the morons you decry would actually have to step their game up if you did the same and never dropped your standards and unrelenting autism for a single moment.

Of course, to deliver a deluge of hardcore well-argumented criticism would imply putting in some hardcore effort into playing and understanding the game, on top of doing the same for writing your posts. Instead you opt to take the path taking the least effort and knowledge and cry about 'muh shills' which makes your post not really worth taking seriously. Seriously, take a good look at yourself and reconsider how you can do the most damage to those you want to challenge.

Everything above is a foolproof guide to how be the better user and show them what's what. Unless you're a jackass copypasting other opinions, in which case people are just going to ignore you because in this case you don't have anything of particular interest to say.

Look, I'll start, and you'll try to step it up.

not an argument

PC ports was a mistake.

Underrated posts and /thread

Can you disprove the paranoia visible in yours and 181d72's posts, or will you just use exaggeration, thinking it'll make my arguments disappear and be less valid? Also
So if I had no proof it'd be bad and I'd be talking out of my ass, but now that I do have it, I'm paranoid? Nice. And even if I made the archive, does it make what I have to say any less relevant? Maybe Falcom general's faggotry should be recorded so others see with their own eyes and judge? Let them look at the archive and see. Like, even now, you didn't disprove a single thing. When presented with proof, you either ignore it or if it's too overwhelming, you try to avoid answering it by calling it "bait". How is it bait if you cannot even find your way around it and prove it wrong? Or is the evidence too heavy?

Also, do you mean that nobody should be going to threads they dislike or post proof of them sucking? Doesn't that mean that in your opinion nobody is allowed to criticise it? After all, if you want to circlejerk, you're welcome, but if you don't, go away. All criticism is shilling NISA, after all, as 181d72 heavily implied. It's heavily implied you agree with him. I rarely go to this thread so I know what to warn people with and against. It might be autistic, but know where you are this is natural.
Bullshit. Way before NISA took Ys, I called TiTS bad with a well-reasoned post and I got insulted. The only thing that has changed is you guys've gotten a name you want to label all who disagree with you, but the state of the thread is the same. You just seem to widen the label more and more until more disagreeing people can be called shills in an attempt to keep it a circlejerk. Of the people called NISA shills in the archive, only one can perhaps be called so, and if he's shilling, then what should the OP and a few others be called?

So what's your definition of a NISA shill? They go overboard sometimes - you didn't say they do in the archive - so give me specifics. Is it alike to 181d72, where pointing out anything bad with Xseed makes you a NISA shill? Disliking their marketing (such a small thing) means you're sent by NISA, too? You've already implied disliking Cold Steel makes you one and in a conspiracy against them, not bothering to disprove that. You only attempted to tackle the "cannot handle criticism" part, when your… criticism… is done with kiddy gloves to the point it doesn't even matter. What you did is basically pretend the equivalent of "I prefer chocolate ice cream to vanilla, vanilla is a bit too sour and chocolate is sweet" is criticism, just like one other guy in the archive did the same way, except with the marketing

So, can you disprove the OP, present in the archive I've linked, is being extremely paranoid? I believe he's the one who made all the threads because the two times I looked at it on the 14th page, the one linking to the new thread is the same as the OP. Small sample, but the writing style never really changes whenever I look there.

Show me one example of someone getting called a NISA shill who didn't defend NISA or buying Ys VIII.
Hating NISA and boycotting them is not a Falcom general thread thing. That's been the default mode of Holla Forums since before we moved here from halfchan.

The game is shit and the people defending it on flimsy premises probably have a weakness for generic animu shit, but you clearly have a case of asshurt autism. OP. ID changed because I'm out of the house.

What paranoia ? I mistook OP for being somebody else due to times matching up, hardly evident of some mass paranoia you're ironically claiming. As for 181d72, why must I answer for them ? If you want to talk about him calling out the NISA shill he's accurate or are you seriously claiming that somebody defending a companies censorship and lack of QC isn't a shill ? did you even read the thread or just see the word shill and get triggered ?

What in the actual fuck are you going on about, I called it bait because you kept referring to me by ID and didn't simply post a reply or use context

Not at all, but you sounded like you'd frequented them a lot to differentiate anons via posting style, if you haven't visted them a lot then why are you qualified to speak of their nature ? One thread is hardly indicative.
Lets take the current general shall we ?
clearly these threads do nothing but accuse people of being NISA shills, ignore all the people raising complaints about CS and yet not being called shills.

I'm sure this is not at all biased in any way, also take your own advice

Are you illiterate ? 181d72 criticises Xseed's marketing within that very thread. Also ignore the frequent criticism of Xseed's marketing in general that occurs and how they tend to have more fuck ups in series' other than Trails.

Same guy probably makes most thread OPs, why is this such a bad thing ? Don't know where anybody has denied this.

The cunts in that archive who openly ignore and excuse censorship and shoddy localisations

Basically everything you listed are reasons the fans of the franchise like it less than the other installments. The franchise as a whole has an interesting overarching plot involving tons of factions with different interests.
CS1 was supposed to draw in new fans by keeping the story as isolated from the rest as possible and by pandering to the Persona fans through similarities that only exist on a surface level. As a result the story seems to be a lot more swallow than it is by lacking proper context and the tropes are just annoying to long time fans.
If you wanted to get into the story, why would you even start with the 6th game? Play Trails in the Sky and then we can talk again. Admittedly TitS FC is the game that's most similar to CS1, but it doesn't have the filler school parts and doesn't throw too many charters at you at once. The solution is also a lot more satisfying.

Not that I hated it, but the academy stage play part

I see this used a lot by lazy writers who think more means better. It's easier to cover up bad writing when you make plot sufficiently complex. Then when people criticize it, fans just elaborate on the massive amounts of ultimately directionless plot.

Except when it isn't directionless.

Yeah, but that's a rare occurence.

I just wrote this in the general:
The plot is definitely not directionless.

Are you unable to read the archive I posted? archive.is/QGN12 But I'll give you three examples, not one .

Or do you consider them right in deeming 9b4180 a shill? Why, then? Am I right in assuming in that you're not allowed to post bad things about Xseed or you're a shill?

Where does he do that because I sincerely cannot see? And anyway when someone picks up something too big to ignore, you tend to adopt it, like circklejerks tend to do. Just like a thread can becry someone's decision, they can still clearly be in support. Some Democrats are mad at Hillary and say minor bad stuff while always supplementing it with positive, but does it mean they're not in a circlejerk?

That's because it's a circlejerk. Whenever someone states major bad things about the games, what does happen? Ah, of course, calling them shills. Clearly seen in the archive. That's why those people, over time, disappear, even if they like Ys but hate Trails, or the other way around. This just means they are gone, or got bored of the happenings. I mean, you guys pretty much salivate over Xseed's blogposts. Or used to, until some pointed out that's retarded.

IDs then, besides the obvious guy whom I mentioned above. I'll ask before you post that, is pointing out Xseed's faults harshly, like 9b4180, shilling, or are you only "allowed" to do so in the hamburger way, which is positive-negative-positive? Is it some sort of required tone policing if you don't want angry fanboys at your neck? If it's not a requirement, why was 9b4180 and a few others called so?

Would people defending Xseed's memey Akiba's Trip, kkk witches and/or ignoring it's existence be shills, too? A few call it a bad, meme localisation with proof, so are those who ignore it, which is almost everyone, Xseed shills too? Or are the rules different when it concerns Xseed, and an individual (not the group) literally cannot shill for them even when you ask others to support them, consider criticism of them a "problem", disregard their localisation issues, etc?

>a literal walking simulator more deserving of a GOTY spot than any videogame.
Nah, gas yourself. Not even reading past there.

I thought there were only three TitS games, what the fuck order am I supposed to do this shit in?
t. user about to start Sky

The idea that trap joshua was a planned story for years is hilarious.

I think it goes
TitS FC>SC>The 3rd>Ao>Zero(or it might be the other way around with ao and zero)>Cold Steel 1>2>3.
Speaking of Shovel Knight has King Knight's campaign finally released? Can I play the game now?

After the three TiTs Games there are 2 set in Crossbell, Zero and Ao. These games timeline wise occur more or less in tandem with CS and interact with each other in to a degree.

You probably haven't heard of them since there's no official TL.
Ripped from OP of the general

It was just suspicious timing. bcfd68 who defended NISA and shat on XSeed suddenly goes quiet and just then 9b4180 appears.

It's Zero and then Ao.

That part of the OP is a bit confusing. Zero is 100% translated and 30% edited. Ao is 55% translated, but 0% edited.

There is literally, factually no other sub/genre of vidya that has as much narrative content and roleplaying.
Nothing comes close and nothing attempts it. You want to know the last Western game that tried to be a RPG? Mankind Divided. Enough said.

There was Skyrim, which was…well it was Skyrim. There's Witcher 3 which was a travesty itself though for different reasons. Aside from those two there has not been a single noteworthy (yeah, that's saying something) Western game where you could role-play in any way, and before anyone whinges about "MUH WAIFU TRASH" with games like Persona 5 or the like:
- Witcher: Triss and Yen and all one-nights between.
- Skyrim: NPC wives
And everything that, from AAA to lesser party, tries to be like Mass Effect (Technomancer, just about anything from Spiders, etc.) which was also what made Biodrones so enthralled with romances (well it was from before that with the Star Wars titles, really, but you know what I mean). Even Baldur's Gate had waifus, and so did Torment. You're an idiot if you think waifus in RPGs come from Nipland or that they are a blight. Only when it's abused, like in Fire Emblem Fates, does it become obnoxious. Otherwise just play the game as the sexless nerd you want to be.

Wait, there's also Shadowrun and its ilk but those are impossible rarities. They don't have waifus and they are pretty good Western RPGs - though players always make waifus out of them somehow so that should tell you something.

Role-playing is about having an effect on the narrative, even if it's really just a "journey not the destination" thing like Deus Ex (which had absolutely no effect on what you did throughout the game but gave you three abrupt endings you can choose at the end). Not every choice needs to impact anything but giving players choices is what makes it fun. People want to roleplay and experience the narrative in some unique way. Choosing friends and waifu is one example of that, just like choosing who lives and who dies.

TL;DR
People who play vidya just for gameplay and don't care about the story at all are no better than Angry Bird or Meatboy players - you are all mobile gamers on consoles.

Unless you have no imagination and just play games to waste time instead of wanting to, you know, get into an adventure, then RPGs are the best kind of game for all-round fun. Sadly they rarely have very interesting combat but it's fun all the same. As for why JRPGs get such focus here: JRPGs have not been savaged by Hollywoodites and propaganda yet. For every Fate/Extella and Dark Rose Valkyrie we have a .Hack//G.U. or Ar nosurge. Meanwhile, the West is thoroughly enslaved to Hollywood and so it's either cookie-cutter AAA trash (or AAA wannabes) or wannabe arthouse trash. Sure you get plenty of moe-moe waifu teenage shovelware from Japan but you also have a higher chance of quality.

Really you have absolutely nothing that can compare to JRPGs and that's not because we constantly get Suikoden and Growlanser (great examples of JRPGs, narrative and even waifus) but because the West almost exclusively produces Hollywood or ArtUni garbage. If the West made an effort then we'd be down for it, but it doesn't. If Japan made JRPGs with slick combat then it'd be the best, but it doesn't, so we sift through it all and take the best we can.

…Oh, wait. Another RPG that came from the West in the last five years: Undertale.
Again. Enough said.

As for CS being not remotely worthy of the hype it gets: /thread
There's arguments about it in the Falcom Thread you can see but ultimately it shows how lackluster it is compared to Sky which also did a slow-burn intro into a greater story but did it without feeling like a 50+hr prologue that meanders about with worldbuilding and character establishment before actually doing anything.
Trails reminds me a lot of what Suikoden would have been if handed to people who did not understand pacing and how to develop a plot while also developing characters and a world concurrently. Hence why people, even fans, refer to CS1 as the prologue of CS2 and 3.

I also found that the concepts brought up in Sky was way more shockingly stark in contrast to what you'd expect whereas CS felt like Falcom's answer to Persona but that's not really a new opinion even among falcomfans

I don't particularly appreciate you ignoring my calls to step your game up only to keep aiming for the low-hanging fruit, but this is getting ridiculous.

You say you posted 'legit criticism' (whatever that means) and that you got called a shill. So, because you are the better man, what do you do? You try to warn others of Falcom threads being a circlejerk out of nobility and the pure desire to help others passive-aggression, just so you can rub it in their faces.

Don't you see anything wrong with this? The moment people give you shit, you give up immediately at trying to make a coherent point and go for their throats – sidestepping the discussion of the game entirely in favor of making arguments of indecent behavior and personality and calling them blind fanboys. After that, what the fuck do you expect? Do you suppose going around calling people fanboys and getting shit is unique to Falcom threads?

You could have ignored their ad hominems. You could have not succumbed to the abyss of pointless squabbling and trying to get the last word. You could have kept making your points in the most humble and subservient way possible in a way to the point where they couldn't ignore your points anymore without letting the honor of their favourite games go untarnished. Instead, you try to talk behind their backs and do absolutely fucking nothing to solve the problem at hand. Instead of talking about the games, you have to go towards the meta direction for some fucking reason because you want to generalize all Falcom thread posters as morons, as that is what your actions are amounting to. You aren't accomplishing your objectives at all here.

Even though we share the same autism, you gave up, and I can't respect that. Instead of sticking to the games to the very end, you let yourself get sidetracked with attacks on personality, and beyond that point I don't give a single fuck what you have to say, even though I partially agree on what you say about Falcom threads. Again, step it the fuck up and don't let yourself get distracted with petty bullshit.

Is this bait a pasta?

I think I'll just play the second game and read all the character bios and other encyclopedic information that's bound to be available and that likely summarizes what few important events occur in CS1. I don't want to spend a whole JRPG just getting bunch of highschoolers to bond and get over their differences while a supposed "complex, interesting, and well thought out" plot happens in the background with me barely involved until shit hits the fan near the end and the second game begins.

Instead of you guys asking about something you don't know about, you talk as if you know everything while not actually giving legit criticism to the game or genre you're talking about.

If you think Persona is considered one of the better games in the genre then you really have no idea what you're talking about.

I'd recommend youtubing some bonding time events if you want better main character bios (at least for those you think you'll care about) It'll probably be the most time efficient way to learn about the main cast.

There's also a lot of talk about how things get better in CSII. Sure, the plot may stop centering around highschool anime bullshit, but I don't think that's going to stop the entire main cast from being generic cliches.

What's there to learn other than the above?

While I want to say the fact remains, now that I think about it logically, it's not alone in that, so maybe I'm raging at just one problem when surrounded by them. Almost every thread can turn into a circlejerk because anonymity actually means someone can pretend to be for the popular opinion or repeat the group's conclusion to feel better for a few seconds without being called out for flip-flopping. It's getting bad as I've noticed people's true opinion can only be seen in threads unrelated to the games as they are randomly mentioned by someone. Like, if a thread starts becoming overall filled with dislike of the Switch, for instance, nearly nobody will come up to say they have it, but if the first few posts start with praise, suddenly it's filled with "I have it" or "I want it but it's sold out". Thankfully some "alpha" anons who post contrary to the stream awaken the truth in the others, but it's not always efficient. It's sad is what it is.

At this point I'm hoping people man up and start admitting the truth for once. Buy or pirate whatever good or bad, but admit it. I always wonder now what the anons actually think. It's gotten to the point I'm sad I cannot see another Rainbow Six Siege thread anywhere. I don't trust Ubisoft and haven't bought their games for a very, very long time, but seeing a thread with honesty was a breath of fresh air.

You seem to be mostly right. I'm sorry I didn't read your post before, I misread a part of it and thought you understood me wrong to the point I got discouraged writing an answer. Now that I reread it, you make sense. You're completely right especially in the part where you say the moment someone attacks, I always counterattack and go for the throat. It's natural for me and for almost everyone, and yet remaining calm will make the argument at hand imposssible to deny.

I admit I do sometimes let my emotions get the best of me, and that'd be an interesting experiment, becoming what I already was. It however does also mean ineffectiveness and only a momentary victory, rather than trying it your way, which admittedly I did years ago, but I've stopped with time. I'll try that for some time, but I don't know if in the Falcom thread. I can't remember many games I've enjoyed less than I did TiTS FC so it'd be hard for me to pick it up again, and my memory of it is clear, but not perfect. I remember the first X days it took them to fix the game so it wouldn't crash instantly with the basic text setting, then once that was out the way how much I disliked everything to the point it'd be hard to mention single parts… The worst is that you're making me want to play this game again sometime to I ascertain my point of view.

Were I not to misread your first post, it'd have turned out differently. I'm sincere. Thanks for posting, user.

I meant didn't write back. Mistakes do happen with bigger posts.

This has to be bait or pasta
If you think JRPGs aren't made by soulless cynical suits then you are wrong, a casual look at Neptunia or Valkyrie Drive then you're just delusional.
Those people know JRPG fans wants tits and deliver that in the most obnoxious and blatant way possible with nothing else to show.

They aren't thinking about gameplay, setting or story first and building from there. They're designing a game around tits first, because tits sell and everything else is an excuse for that.
The ones that aren't centered around tits are instead built around the fantasy of a normal average guy (or even highschooler) going on a magical adventure, gaining friends and becoming important and powerful.

They're all extremely thinly veiled and blatant wish fulfillment fantasies with extremely little variation. Its why you get the same character tropes over and over.

Are you serious?
The Final Fantasy series has how many games in it?
How many movies have they tried to make in the franchise in the hopes that something would stick and they'd Marvel it up?
It must be around 5 or 6 and they utterly failed every time. That Kingsglaive movie they made in 2016 was an incoherent mess, because the people in charge are incompetent.

They don't make games because they want to, because they have ideas. They make products to sell you to, so you buy them and they make money you utter moron.
The difference is: JRPGs don't have a large enough audience, and when they do, they fuck up branching out every single time

Unfortunately you picked a JRPG, at most I replayed nuDoom four times on the highest difficulty, and one time on Ultranightmare which implies playing through the game on the highest difficulty without dying once, and I couldn't say I enjoyed any part of the playthrough. Only then did I feel qualified enough to start writing on my copypasta about nuDoom.

The way I heard it, Kingsglaive was the only good thing to come out out of FFXV.

I've never played the series because it only has English audio.

You're just moephobic, i.e. the problem is on your end.

Except I listed:
And also outright mentioned:

Good job missing my point.

You sound like a DFC. :^)
No but really that's asinine and everything I wrote broached this already. You can complain about the moe-moe booby-shovelware all you want (and rightly so) but there is factually a higher chance of quality and fun in JRPGs compared to what the West has produced even just in the last five years. The West is functionally dead when it comes to producing RPGs and most of it is desperate to be MassEffect3. Or else you get Tumblrtale where you have queer and furry tripe shoved in for no reason - and whatever you can find good in such an RPG is actually lifted from inspired by JRPGs.

That's part of my point. Arguing that Valkyrie Drive's existence or how Squeenix is clearly Japan's bridge to Hollywood (probably because SE is Sony's lapdog and Sony is tied to Sony Pictures which is a branch that leans into, you know, Hollywood) somehow negates the reality that there are scarcely half as many good WRPGs as JRPGs is retarded. Do I wish JRPGs took more chances? Sure. I can enjoy lesser JRPGs but ultimately I prefer titles like those I've listed, but the deluge of garbage between the two sides, once sifted, leaves JRPGs as giving a greater abundance of quality than WRPGs - even if it's a matter of how WRPGs are mostly dead.

Yeah welcome to vidya, stupid.

By the way, these are a few more JRPGs that have been recommended. Caligula Effect is role-playing style, but the other two are not. They still fit the category to an extent though.
Now show me what the West has produced in the field to compare - and do it without resorting to Baldr's gate or Torment. I mean recently.

Is Legend of Legacy also trash?

More moephobia nonsense. I have actually played Neptunia (and watched the anime) and it's nothing like your fantasies.

There is very little fanservice in Neptunia and half the characters have small tits (like the main character). Westerners consistently overestimate how much tits sell in Japan. Porn games, manga, anime and fanart are as common as dirt so there is nothing special about something having tits in it. It's not a big selling point that makes a game, manga or anime fly off the shelves. Westerners make a huge deal out of it the same way 12 year old boys do.

Neptunia is narratively focused on the characters and humor (like parody and fourth wall breaking). There's huge amounts of dialogue. It also has extensive game systems.

People keep droning on and on about how wish fulfillment is bad but nobody has ever explained why. Nor has anyone explained why wish fulfillment is suddenly ok when Westerners do it.

Yeah, just like islamaphobes and homophobes. Totally irrational.

I thought normalfags were the ones who were fat. Especially in Murrica.

No, it's supposed to be pretty good, although I'm more interested in Alliance Alive.

It is irrational, yes.

I think we can all safely disregard anything you say

Wish fulfillment isn't bad, but its utterly obnoxious when its blatant, thinly veiled and there is nothing else going on.

I'm not sure what you all are on about but even the shittiest jrps are usually better than what little we have in the west. When will I get to roleplay again?

Sonic Mania is GOTY tbh

You are you just assuming it's an orgy of tits and asses based on your prejudices. I have actually played it. The vast majority of the time it's just visual novel-style talking heads. Anyone who wants to play it for fanservice is setting themselves up for a massive waste of time.

And how often is this supposed to happen?

I have also played it after Holla Forums talked about this shitheap endlessly.
Yes, Nep isn't tits and ass like Valkyrie Drive.
It is however the most obnoxious piece of fanservice possible with characters that are utterly inane, unlikable and cannot shut the fuck up or muster anything intelligent to say ever.
I simply cannot understate how inane most of the dialogue in it is. Almost nothing important or worthwhile is said ever, instead its fanservice about girls being cute, silly or embarrassed.

This happens all the fucking time in JRPGs, from the basic set-up all the way through:
You usually have the protagonist being a normal, average male highschooler that is new in town and either has no friends, or only 1 good one. He has to make new ones, meeting some females on the way who are traveling with them because its required or convenient for the plot. One of them is some sort of uppity royalty brat that doesn't shut the fuck up but its totally tsundere, a mysterious rival that challenges and fights you, but doesnt reveal why he is doing it because fuck logic. You beat him and he joins you but still is cold and doesnt reveal some shit because he has to keep being mysterious for no reason. Then you romance one of the bitches, kill god and its over.

Every step of that is specifically designed to make the player self insert. A fuckton of JRPGs do this.
You don't have any friends? Neither does the protag, but he makes a lot along of the way
Don't have a girlfriend? Don't worry, we'll let you pick!
Wanna feel strong and respected? You'll beat that mysterious, powerful rival and he'll help you!

Those things by themselves are fine, but those are what the game is centered around, and the plot is built around it.
Ever wonder why the fuck these games had characters doing the most mundane shit, like cooking, doing laundry or whatever?
They're doing the slice of life shit so you can feel like this is a replacement for having friends and social contacts, and what having a more normal life is like. And its so obvious that its painful.
Shit like Neptunia is designed to cater to otaku's and NEETs, they don't give a shit about any sort of story, gameplay and they just jew you because you're gullible or needy enough to fall for it.

You either have not played it or you are lying.

Once again there is very little fanservice in Neptune, and it's merely your opinion that the characters are "inane" and "unlikable." That's of course generously assuming you ever actually did play the games.

Maybe it's not supposed to be some 2deep4u artgame about the human condition. Maybe it's supposed to be a comedy game instead. Maybe there's actually nothing wrong with having something revolve around the appeal of the characters.

So what you're saying is that virtually any story is obnoxiously blatant and thinly veiled wish fulfillment with nothing else going on.

Self-insertion is a primarily Western thing that Westerners project onto the Japanese because they are ashamed of it. As with all problems, it goes away as soon as you start blaming it on Japan.

Or maybe you're just a paranoid retard.

The Western idea of "otaku" is fantasy. Those people don't exist. You are fighting against your imagination. NEETs are people who are not employed or in education or training and have nothing in particular to do with video games or certain kinds of video games.

t. weeaboo

Yes, by everyone except me Neptunia is known for its incredible characters and stellar writing.
Here are some examples.

I said nothing that would suggest I'm a weeaboo, and weeaboos don't exist anymore.

I have this exact same exchange every single time I say anything even remotely related to Japan. There is nothing that people on imageboards are as scared shitless of than "weeaboos." It's full-blown mass hysteria and makes American politics seem dry and matter of fact by comparison. And the worst part is that weeaboos aren't even around anymore, so the whole thing is completely delusional.

Many people love Neptunia's characters. The world doesn't revolve around you.

A weeb is someone who wants to be Japanese, you idiot. If he was sperging over katana or Japanese history or how superior Japan as a whole is to any other country then there you go. Stop misusing the term and breaking it. You're not fitting in. You just make yourself look like a retard.

In terms of comedy, yeah. What's wrong with you? I don't even like these games and I know that.

ALLIANCE ALIVE IS COMING WEST
by Atlus, too! NICE!!

You have zero self-awareness.

Its because you are a weeb and its painfully obvious. People aren't scared of anything Japanese. I for one love a few certain games and anime shit that came out of Japan, but you're either too stupid or so utterly detached from the idea that somebody might think JRPG shit isn't the best thing in the world that you just don't realize it.

Many more people the Witcher's characters. Its fun that given examples of inanity that I only had to spend 30 seconds googling you fold and instead do a popularity contest.
Popularity says nothing about quality in anything.

So which is it? Is the appeal of the games the fan service or not?

I said nothing that would suggest I'm a weeaboo. You cannot disprove this.

Defending something Japanese does not make someone a weeaboo.

People are absolutely scared shitless of "weeaboos," like I just said.

Unlikely and irrelevant.

Could you repeat this in coherent English?

Then what does? One user's opinion on Holla Forums?

There is very little fanservice in Neptune. I said this two or three times already and nothing has changed since then.

Then you have very strange concept of fanservice.

user it's time to stop. Look at their previous posts. It's clear he's either a goon or some duckchan poster. Guy couldn't even respond to with any examples of good recent WRPGs. Just let it go.

I don't.

Why aren't you telling him to stop instead?

You do. Nep is heavy on moe fanservice. You just don't consider moe shit constantly being shoved in your face during a jrpg fanservice.

You sincerely believe that you can defend Neptunia, throw the word 'moephobia' around like its an actual thing and not be called a weeb?

There is a reason you get called a weeb every single time: Because you can't shut up about it and its painfully obvious.

But the """"fact""""" that many people like Neptunia's characters is likely and relevant?

After I showed some dialogue that is clearly inane and retarded, and your response wasn't addressing it. You brought up that many people like Neptunia's characters. You made it into a popularity contest instead of addressing how those screenshots werent inane shit.

Trails is an extremely Niche series that primarily appeals to autists like myself who like massive amounts of world-building and NPCs. The games are brazen about how they're paced. It definitely won't be most people's taste, probably. The series has been building for years since Trails in the Sky the world is extremely interconnected by characters and stories that cross over arcs, most of which have been planned for years. The series has some of the best world-building you'll see in a game, but unless you're the patient sort who likes to go around and talk to all the NPCs that probably won't really resonate. The Erebonia arc, AKA Cold Steel, is the third arc in the series and is generally seen as the weakest so far, though to be fair it hasn't gotten its big finale games like the others. Trails in the Sky without SC seems like a pretty standard, if above average JRPG. But it's the time FC takes to set things up that makes SC work.

If that sounds like a lot of effort to get into a series for, you're absolutely right, it is. Trails is only good if you're willing to put in lots and lots of time. But remember: you're on an image board. Image boards are filled to the brim with autists. This series' level of detail directly appeals to autists. It's popularity here shouldn't come as a surprise.

Moeshit doesn't exist.

Defending Neptunia doesn't make anyone a weeb. Mentioning the existence of moephobia doesn't make anyone a weeb.

And that reason has nothing to do with the actual reality of what the word means.

Yes, because we are talking about Neptunia. Not Witcher.

There was nothing to address. They are just three out of context screenshots from a series with notoriously liberal translation. And even then, I don't see what is supposed to be so damning about any of those examples.

Because they do, and it's just your opinion that they are bad. The world doesn't revolve around you.

This is factually correct. Stating facts does not make someone a weeaboo.

That's not even a RPG. That's like saying Senran Kagura is a RPG because you can level up. There are no builds, roleplaying, or even stats besides attack, defense, and HP.

T&A aren't even a problem when it comes to JRPGs. RPGs that rely on ecchi fanservice over everything else is actually rare outside of mobage and nukige (but even something like Kamidori Alchemy Meister has some nice gameplay). I think the biggest problem when it comes to RPGs is the same shit that can ruin the narrative of anime. The constant use of anime tropes for characters and situations. The characters are usually introduced under a trope and expanded from there. Situations are thrown at the player like you would see in an anime. Even under all this though, you can still have a good story. Tropes aren't a bad thing if done well and some do just that.

Gameplay wise, I don't see anything wrong with JRPGs as long as the combat isn't broken or too easy. How they can evolve it though? I think it would be outside of the combat. Abilities you gain to help you with stuff besides traps and terrain damage like in western CRPGs.

Are you too stupid to understand the point?
The fact that people like it doesn't prove that its good or even passable.

You really are some stubborn weeb

I used to do that when they had intersting things to say. I did that first chance I had to run around campus and it was boring as shit. It was literally the experience of being in a highschool anime.

Oh shit. I can't believe I took the bait. No bully

Wait so you started with with the 6th game in the series? Are you retarded?

The fact that you don't like something doesn't prove it's bad.

What are you trying to say?

There was no bait, there was only a factual statement. Moeshit does not exist.

That's correct. It doesn't. That's what I said. Your point?

How does using that term make someone a weeb?

You know, I've just realized this whole
Defense could be used almost verbatim to defend the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Are you even paying attention? We're currently laughing at an autist or "merely pretending" fag who thinks Moephobia is a thing and that Neptune has little fanservice. There's nothing inherently wrong with moeshit.

I literally just told you that's the appeal of the series though. You can start with it, I guess, but the answer to the question you asked in your title lies in playing all the games because they all interconnect.

Moephobia is a thing, Neptunia does have little fanservice, and moeshit does not exist. Stating facts is not autism.

There is no such thing as a bad slice of life animu about highschool girls. This is what you just said.

I did not say that and have no idea what you are talking about.

All slice of life animus about highschools girls are about moe. You said there is no such thing as moeshit, thus any moe is good moe, thus any show with a focus on moe is a good show.

There is no bait.

Bait is another thing that's become a source of mass hysteria.

Moeshit and moe are not the same thing.

Every Japanese RPG also follows the same plot formula, settings, decisions and cliches as DQ with the ocassional Persona clone. Why the fuck would i bother playing a game that relies only on storytelling if i already know how most of the story and decisions are going to be?

Exactly, one of them is a logical paradox. This is no such thing as moeshit. You just agreed with me.

I'm afraid of a guy named Moe, does that count?

No, you agree with me. I'm the one who said it doesn't exist.

It is a thing, and no amount of greentexting and reaction imaging is going to change that.

No, you are the one who agrees with me. I'm the one who said it doesn't exist.

It is a thing, and no amount of greentexting and reaction imaging is going to change that.

Where did you go? I was having fun engaging your bait.

Holy shit you are deserving of that /cow/ thread.

No, you agree with me. I am the one who said it doesn't exist.

It is a thing. No amount of greentexting and reaction imaging is going to change that.

Can you tell us about yourself?
How many anime figurines do you have in your room?
Do you live with your parents?

They still haven't fixed this bug? They've had years to do it.

Why does Holla Forums insist on having this fight in as many threads as possible?

That's now agreement works. We either both agree or neither of us do.

What's the other thread?

They haven't fixed this bug yet? They've had years to do it.

Why does Holla Forums insist on having this fight in as many threads as possible?

wew

That's not how agreement works. We either both agree or neither of us do.

What's the other thread?

Can I post yet?

That's not how agreement works. We either both agree or neither of us do.

What's the other thread?

Can I post yet?

WEW

You just said that's how it works, except it was the wrong way around since I'm the one who said in the first place that moeshit doesn't exist.

Not my fault.

You just said that's how it works, except it was the wrong way around since I'm the one who said in the first place that moeshit doesn't exist.

Not my fault.

So we're in agreement. Since all slice of life anime about highschool girls focus on moe, and since moeshit does not exist, all SoL animus about highschool grills are not shit. Thus there is no such thing as a bad slice of life anime about highschool girls.

Again, moe and moeshit are not the same thing.

Nevermind, I found him.

You people are completely fucked in the head.

I never said they were. In fact, if they were, what I am saying would be wrong. It is because they are not that my statement is true. If you still don't understand this, then I don't understand how you misunderstand. Could you please explain how moe and moeshit not being the same thing makes my statement untrue?

You are the only person on this entire site saying weeaboo don't exist anymore. That is how I can easily tell which user you are in another thread. It doesn't take autism to see this.

You did say they are. It's the basis of your argument.

That is not the point.

Wait for Alliance Alive.

Legend of Legacy is very, VERY bare, and you need to grind like crazy, stats are given out based on what you do and if you get it is based on RNG.

Legend of Legacy was basically a beta version of Alliance Alive. Very flawed, very grind heavy, VERY GRIND HEAVY, and very grind heavy.

So if you really, REALLY LIKE GRINDING, get legend of legacy. Also there's practically no story for Legend of Legacy, so it's all gameplay.

Allaince Alive was rebalanced to be equipment focused, with any stats gained through battle being HP and MP, with the rest being determined through equipment. Also it actually has a story.

I'm not shitting on Saga style gameplay because I've actually enjoyed a few of those back in the day, it's just that Legacy is balls to the wall grind most of the time, with very limited options for leeway. You have to grind for weapons, magic and everything. Very little is found on the map skillwise so in Legacy you're stuck with basic weapon skills until you luck out, it's horrible.

This was one of those "promised but failed to keep up to it" games that had big names behind it like chrono trigger writers but no story.

just

fucking hell, just wait for AA.

No, I said they are not. If they were, then SoL highschool girl animes would be shit. Let me break it down for you.
[SoL Highschool girl anime = moe]
[moe =/= moeshit]
[moeshit = shit]
If [moe =/= moeshit] and [moeshit = shit] then [moe =/= shit]
If [SoL Highschool girl anime = moe] and [moe =/= shit] then [SoL Highschool girl anime =/= shit]
Thus, SoL highschool girl anime is not shit.

Now verbally
Slice of life anime about highschool girls focuses on moe.
Moe is not moeshit.
Moeshit is shit
If moe is not moeshit, and moeshit is shit, then moe is not shit.
If slice of life anime about highschool girls focuses on moe, and moe is not shit, then slice of life anime about highschool girls is not shit.

Moeshit does not mean "moe anime that is bad."

Correct. Because it doesn't exist. What is your definition of moeshit?

If you agree it doesn't exist then what are you still doing here?

I am posting. Please answer the question.

So you are saying that you just here to post for the sake of posting and have nothing further to say on the topic?

I have things to say, but what they are depends on what you say. This the second time you have ignored my question. Please answer the question.

You just said that you are still here because "I am posting," and you also agreed that moeshit doesn't exist.

You asked what I was doing here. I answered factually with what I was doing in this thread. You did not ask why.
Yes. This is the third time you have ignored my question. Please answer the question.

Moeshit exists.

No it doesn't

Yes, it does.

What relevance does your question have when you already agree that moeshit doesn't exist? Nothing, of course. You are just arguing for argument's sake. I've seen this tactic before. You'll just say whatever it takes to keep the thread going for as long as possible.

Tactic does not exist.

Nuh-uh.

What relevance does your question about what relevance my question has have when you won't answer my question? Nothing, of course. You are just arguing for argument's sake. I've seen this tactic before. You'll just say whatever it takes to keep the thread going for as long as possible. Just like how you are now avoiding a qestion that could potentially end the discussion. What is your defintion of moeshit? Besides this argument, I am genuinely curious.

Do you think its odd everyone calls you a weeb no matter where you post? Without even knowing that its the same poster every time?

You really are perfect /cow/ material, the thread they have on you is pretty good. Please make a twitter, youtube and facebook account so we can understand and study you better

This proves I was right beyond any doubt. This "argument" is now over.

How so?

Yes, it is odd. It is odd that everyone on 4chan and Holla Forums have become hysterically obsessed with "weeaboos" and call absolutely everyone a weeaboo who expresses anything positive about anything Japanese or exhibits any knowledge of Japan (that isn't negative), even though that isn't what weeaboo means and even though weeaboos no longer exist.

Holla Forums lied to /cow/ to gain their support because they couldn't handle me by themselves. Besides that the only reason why Holla Forums isn't /cow/ material is because they have numbers on their side.

I want to start a new argument. What is the defintion of moeshit? I don't trust the dictionaries or online popular opinion on this.

actually he is not me, stop illuding yourself into thinking that cold steel has any worth, it has not, and i'm not the only one that can see that, you're just too blinded by your fanboyism to be able to see the truth.

I didn't bring up this drama, yet I'm warned for it? This just confirms my previous experiences: just as you should never talk to cops, you should never report anything. The mods are out to get you and if you report something they'll find some way of imagining it as your fault. Or at best they'll just do nothing.

I hope someone is archiving this retardation and showing it to /cow/ again.

This isn't /cow/, this is a dedicated shitposter.

I hope you people will some day get the psychiatric care you need. In a padded cell.

Im currently playing this and enjoying the food crafting songs so far. Gameplay isn't bad either

It's like mad scientists developed a machine to reach into the negaverse and pull out the parallel opposite of fun.

user stop you are bre ak in g r ati onali ty

I believe you mean.

You mean "deluding", mate.

haha No, you mean
thezensite.com/ZenEssays/Philosophical/Logic_of_Diamond_Sutra.pdf
I like how people try to pretend the utterly irrational is not irrational but "another rationality", like how there is no clear distinction between sanity and insanity but there can be "alternate/another sanity". Gives me a giggle

You gonna take us to bump limit again like last thread? Or should I say are we going to make you?

You simply fail to comprehend. There is the distinct and fair possibility of other univerese, nay, other realities where the laws of physics differ such that a completely different logic is required in their interpretation. As an example think of electrons and how they defy normal logic by being in multiple places at once to form a wave yet collapsing into the state of single place when observed. This is because the normal laws of physics do not apply at the subatomic level, and so too does normal logic not apply. One might say the particular logic we have and the laws of physics we have are two parts of a unique inseperable whole for our universe.

I believe you mean to refer to

Shouldn't you be off sucking reg's cock?

Yes I was implying you were him, but after attempting to read through the thread I'm not sure who is jewing who anymore.

Maybe you should try not being illiterate?

I think we can all safely say that JRPGs are irredeemable shit now.

No, it's that the word autism means nothing. Get it right.

This is false. He is a highly dedicated shitposter. Check the "Why are Japanese games trying to be so Western now?" as there is about ten times more autism and it's still going. He may hit the post limit eventually as he's already passed (120).

Check the "Why are Japanese games trying to be so Western now?" [thread]*

Autist doesn't mean anything, and why do you say "butt in" as if this wasn't an anonymous board open to anyone and everyone? And why are you trying to make it seem like defending Japan and JRPGs is somehow intrinsically and self-evidently wrong?

None of those are comedy gold, they are just factual statements.

What actually turns out is that Holla Forums started a massive war against me just because I defended a certain anime in one of their threads, and then they went to /cow/ for help and have been stalking and attacking me ever since. With the help of useful idiots like you.

It's literally self-evidently true and these two threads self-evidently prove it, as does the /cow/ thread itself.

Another self-evident thing. Of course there is mass hysteria surrounding these things.

And for someone who seems really bothered by my posts, it sure is odd how you suddenly decided to resurrect this fight instead of for example saying something about the thread's original subject.

I have done no shitposting.

I see the anime autist has derailed yet another thread tonight.

Autist doesn't mean anything, and I derailed nothing. As usual I am blamed for what other people do.

Autism lacks meaning.

Great job keeping this cuckchan thread up, retards.

>>13408763
He is a highly dedicated shitposter.

Such sweet succulent bait, whether crafted on purpose or a by product of some inner autistic toilings is unknown, but I feel compelled to give it (you)s all the same. Truly a masterwork.

I have not done any shitposting and you have no evidence to the contrary.

Autistic doesn't mean anything and I have not done any baiting anywhere and you have no evidence to the contrary.

It's not bait though.

Got a question about Sky, since this thread is all over the place.
Just what exactly happened to Walter? Did he eventually wake up or was his knocked out ass still on the ark when it fell?
Also how's the 3rd

Threads like these with random encounter anons like our MoePhilosophizer is what makes Holla Forums fun, you fruitcake.
If anything it only solidifies that we need JRPG threads more often.

You amaze me, man.

How can you not like this user? Really, without irony. This is amazing.

If it was cuckchan we'd be complaining about anime and Japanese games and how wish fulfillment and breasts are bad because–
oh wait we do have cancerous cuckchan posters like that. Thankfully they were the living bait to lure out a funny thread

Please never die. Just keep posting forever. I mean, not now. Take a break. We all need a break or our brains will melt, but just never cease to exist, okay? You gotta promise.

Wasn't this answered in SC?
Haven't played it.

You could have just went to the thread dedicated to those games instead of bumping this trash heap again.

I'll try user. For you.

yep, its an autist. I can't wait until we can detect you faggots in utero and abort you like the half-baked mentally retarded subhuman you are.

wish I had that clip of the american horror story brat complaining about the horror of a Trump America as she mutters "Where will I go for my abortions now?"

Logic of a kike, I swear
This thread is over 200 posts worth of garbage and you should feel ashamed of yourself for wasting everyone's time

You're just as retarded as the people you're shitting on

Autist doesn't mean anything.

Wew.

Someone mentioned that already but yes, that's actually very helpful to know since it's widely recognized that CS2 is the real meat of the story.

That said, I really hate the lesbian character. She's nothing but a pandering trope and her very existence is aggravating to me.

I don't care about any of you fags arguing and I will tell you right now if this game has any redeeming qualities to it.

Does this game have a cake in it? The Japs usually hate older women.

Excellent taste all around, and yes it does. I think it has multiple but it definitely has Sara, your teacher.

That said, it's more of a romantic lure for what's to come in CS3, the not yet released third game, since the teacher won't go for Rean until he's an adult. Sorry but the kind of Persona 5 grandness for cake fans isn't to be found. It's still close, though, and CS2 is better than CS1.

Wew, I gotta pick P5 back up.

CITATION
FUCKING
NEEDED

Yes you do. It's fun
Also it has dual audio which is great, although it's kinda fun to have Faye Valentine be your hot cake teacher. Really brings me back

did you of knowing that anime not real old gook woman

user, stop. It's painfully obvious that Christmas Cakes get no real love in Japan, most especially in VNs and especially in JRPGs. pic always related

They can have an "Ara Ara" vibe but they can never actually be grown women. It's a psychological disorder with Nips or something. Most everything needs to be in highschool or tied to highschool since that's the last time any of them felt free and alive before venturing into the soul-crushing slow death of working Japan. Likewise, all the heroines need to be highschool or young girls just like the protag needs to be a young guy. It's been that way for at least twenty years now in the main and it's been that way far longer for JRPGs set in anything like the real world. Unless it's a fantasy setting, you're likely gonna be a highschooler with highschool options. Cakes are adult women who probably remind them of real life because of their age and, unlike dating/romancing a younger girl, an older woman would be more liable to bring up marriage - which is also too real.

That is, until the birth crisis came about. Now there's P5 where at one point you can practically hear every female's womb screaming for purpose. It was surprising just how brazen they were talking about marriage. If not outright saying it then doing the whole heavy-handed hinting thing which is par for the course in the NipIslands.

We might be seeing a surge of cakes in the future of JRPGs and anime, though, since it seems that this crisis has also led to a mass revelation of Mothercons, or to put it in a less humorous way - there's many reports of Japanese men who had sexual contact with their mother. But that's just some stuff I've checked out in passing.

TL;DR Cakes always get the short stick for a lot of pointless reasons but we might be seeing a change of that soon enough, at least in vidya. Anime will always favor the petanko but vidya is more important since you can't have an adventure, roleplay, defeat a huge badguy and claim a wife and comrades in anime. That kind of fun is vidya-only.

That being said and going off-topic: why hasn't the Okusan author made a vanilla VN with her yet? Does he just not like money or is he afraid he'd have to give her to some seiyuu who might ruin the character? Okusan is practically designed from character to setting for something like that.

Also forgot to mention that RaXephon doesn't count because it's RaXephon. That entire series is a great anomaly of anime.

Fug,

I guess I'll try to get a ps3 again one of these days

Most Jap games usually,

Don't get me wrong; Sara essentially promises that her womb is now officially on hold/stamped for Rean, but she's just not going to go through with it until he's older.
Personally I found it dumb but then again I'm almost thirty years old and the idea of wasting even another year on "waiting until you're older" when they're already old enough is stupid to me.

If you want a taste of Sara and a much more interesting game, play CS2. If you want the whole kaeki package you gotta wait another year or two for CS3 to get released and translated by XSEED.

Why bother? P5 is on PS4. CS2 is also on Vita. CS2 might get moved to PC sooner or later since CS1 is already on Steam, so if you want to suffer with Steam and endure CS1 you can get a taste of Sara that much sooner, though the story is not remotely as interesting.

I guess I'll try to play CS1 whiles praying and waiting for the others to be released

Because PS5 is also on PS3 right?, And the smug looking cake mocks me so I want to shut her up with a wedding ring and my benis

Yeah, that's true. I thought you didn't have a PS3 and thought it was only on PS3. Nevermind, then.

I don't but a ps3 is cheaper to get right?

I just checked it out and yeah that's great. PS3 is about a hundred bucks cheaper than the PS4. You can knock out a PS3 and get a game under a paycheck. Didn't realize how much cheaper it was.

Smart choice.

"Game of the year" is a really shallow qualifier.

It's too bad there seem to be scenes where there's nothing but text floating in the middle of the screen which is all narrated and unskippable. He spent about five grueling minutes of the beginning of the game saying how he had taken his good life for granted in eight slightly different ways.

Muh
DICK

No, there aren't. A few months ago, an user posted an article speculating that mothercon may a problem in Japan. This was based purely on the word of a single Japanese person admitting Not necessarily truthfully, the article itself stated that he had relations with his mother, and speculation as to how the social state of Japan can give rise to such a situation. Anons memed the shit out of it in that one thread because they were desperate for the ara ara meme to be real.

I did not recognize that. Oh man, that's terrible.

Well I might be overstating or understating the problem. I didn't time it or count or anything. But if you want to see just start a new game. It's one of the very first cutscenes before you can even control Rean.

Interesting. I'll be sure not to continue the meme as if it's real. Good to know it's not legitimately an epidemic, but do still hope cakes continue to show up in vidya.

As for the English VA

Me too.

I love and hate these images because I can't fucking read all the text.

Whether or not he was baiting, what you just posted is cancer.

calls others cancer

I was engaged in an autism war with the moephobia poster. He hit (140)+ in another thread. Also I'm OP, so it's a given that I'm a faggot. Meanwhile, your very first post is cancer.

This is why nobody likes Nepfags.

NotAllJRPGs, paisan.

You're not getting capped, tryhard.

Nice tumblr spy meme. Will you admit you're shit at Trails of Cold Steel now?

Is this possible for anyone but Dean Takahashi?
What the fuck?

(You) is a meme made by Tumblr to sabotage the board. It promotes memeing instead of arguing and debating. After all, why make a point when you can just type the 5 magic characters to automatically cheat your way out of the debate?

Smug anime girls are a meme made by weebs to sabotage the board. It promotes memeing instead of arguing and debating. After all, why make a point when you can just smug animu characters to automatically cheat your way out of the debate?

go to reddit if you want a hugbox fag

False equivalence. Anime has always been a central part of imageboards.

See for why you're an obvious goon projecting his need for a hugbox

You (U) [You]
you must be a special kind of retard to think fucking tumblr can do psyops

Checkmate, spy.

True equivalence. (You) has always been a central part of 8ch.

No, it hasn't. You're just trying to justify the fact that you fell for the (You) meme. May I suggest taking a debate class to get back up to speed on actual discussion?

We get the best shills.

Are certain they're not just chronic shitposters?

Each time some retard shill tries their best and utterly fails.

Are you referring to me, and just trying not give me (you)s? If I'm a shill, what am I shilling?

I'm referring to the past shilling from leftypol and revolt these past threads.

Why in this thread then? The shilling normally happens in the GG thread, and sometimes other threads. The worst it got was the recent pedo falseflagging, and that was contained the Unteralterbach thread and quickly purged from GG. There was a lot of shitposting in this thread, but I don't think any leftyfags or revoltards.