SS13 - Space Station 13 - Cuban Pete Edition

Its an autistic shift-based roleplaying game based from a poorly coded atmospherics simulator with clowns
You download the BYOND client byond.com/
Use the keybind (CTRL + O) and post the IP into the "Enter the hub identifier" box.
byond://165.227.105.190:1488
8station.miraheze.org/wiki/Starter_Guide
8chanserverhost is the current host and head admin for Honkstation.
>Wow, I'm a button pusher/coder/ERPer, and I'd really love to join the admin team so I can shitpost with my (((fellow niggers)))!
Contact 8chanserverhost over byond or while they're on the server.
If you know anything in regards of the game, and you'd like to help us, we need to update the information on the wiki, and it would be fantastic if you could contribute. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a
pastebin.com/ibNQ7cQW
pastebin.com/Zsyvks1w
drive.google.com/open?id=0ByXInH7uxsU5Qjl1TnMwQ1ZUT2M
pastebin.com/FwGSLW0T
cncnet.org
cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Tiberium
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

R-RIP SERBIAN

I made an OC, because two threads ago an user posted the image and it was funny.

rip server

How does one fuck over people who play Robotics Without killing them

Take their plasteel.
Take the toolbelts.
Deconstruct machines.
Make sure new materials never ever enter the robotics lab.
Never sync R&D console.
Map robotics in such a way that an exosuit fabricator isn't linked to a network.

Hivebots holding all the important cards.
The more important the card, the stronger the hivebot.
Robotics itself is mazelike, with rooms long and serpentine. As RD continues, the deeper one can get and the more important cards one can obtain.

Sorry i was too busy to reply

Deny them from any usable metal. Including floor tiles, tables, tools, etc. Bonus points if their walls are made of plain glass.

yes please tbh

So, that was a weird test.
Greytide memed, then we memed him back.
His ghost did weird shit, and physics went for a loop.
Then fucking Shadowlord summoned and converted the medical wing to cult shit.
Immune to everything, wrecked my mech.

Could we next time have a means to legitimately kill/banish that thing without a human and Ian sacrifice? At least spare the dog. That's too much.

straya fag was drunk tbh

I mined enough minerals to trade in cash for an L6 LMG. I lounged around with a syndicate healbot and toy weapons. I had a honest-to-god holy claymore. The gods spawned a bluespace cascade and Nar'sie on me once the bombs started hitting the station. I din't die tonight.

Why do i feel empty inside?

Because despite everything accomplished, we never got ahead of the events and sat down, out of hardsuits, listening to good music, eating pizza, playing Maid RPG.

THIS IS IT. How come i was so blind to something so obvious?

Okay, look. I am up to here with these stupid fucking ss13 servers. All of them are the same shit. I wouldn't even be shocked in the new admins are from the metaclub. I joined last round as a mime, my name was "Big Dick McGee" and I got into a sticky situation with the clown. He tried to fuck me, and the admin began to remove our limbs. What the fuck? I was getting raped out there, and the admins didn't save me from getting fucking raped.

Classic badmin, one of the reasons I stopped playing ss13

don't erp tbh

I'm not joking. I was playing as the antagonist of the round, and this clown came up to be and just started taking off his fucking clothes, beating me, and cuffing me. I tried to use adminhelp, but It got rejected. He then took me to the fucking theatre backstage, and began to rape me. The admin then started taking off my limbs and gibbing both of us. Its fucking bullshit. I think 8chanserverhost should resign for such a poor fucking admin team.

Top fucking kek lad.

neither of you look gibbed or delimbed to me

You're such a little cunt, you came in, fucking laughed and got thrown out by the black person before the admin gibbed me, and removed my limbs. Let me tell you something, If you think this harrassment is okay, you're wrong. The admin is such a shitter, and all he's done towards me is acting in such a malicious way. I think this server should be banned, for its blatant hatespeech, for the way that the community acts towards RAPE, and how I've been abused in this video game. Apologise.

That's the flavor text for a monkey-turned-human. I think I am being taken on a ruse-cruise.

I've been bamboozled!

I just want to play the whole round as an ayy, you fucking nigger but no you had to singuloose.

Said that to the enginigger that ran away when he sees us, dunno why do you think i said that to you.

Ebin, simply ebin lad.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

That's the flavor text for disconnect players too - any human entity that is devoid of a player, actually

Getting work done on departures. Made me a shuttle… that you have to spacewalk to in order to get in. Also, you might have to repressurize the cabin which is what the air can is for. [mupdate]

I like it mein nigger.

it's missing a hidey place but it's alright

Rather than a sleepers just put a weed pizza on the table or some donk pockets and microwave

Eh, I figure since it's from centcomm it should be nice, in contrast to the station.

If the ayys managed to be so bad that they didn't get everyone on the station by the time the shuttle arrives then they don't deserve a second chance.

no I mean for tatos tbh

Wew. Almost didn't save what little was in last thread. I think I got all the suggestions/planned features?
pastebin.com/ibNQ7cQW

IVNCVS OR RIOT

RIOT OR RIOT

Thanks for keeping best list, user.

Pretty sure you can be on the outside of the shuttle and still go with it, as long as you're in the area zone of said shuttle. I can make the area bigger, just have a space suit. If you wasted your telecrystals on not space suit and couldn't get one, don't murderbone and be the very sneaky so you can get on. Changelings should have no trouble doing either as is.

no it has to be plat and if you're on one then you'll slip off

Oh yeah, if you add me to the pastebin (If that's a thing) I can delete the stuff I don't plan to have to clean it up.
User: Rye_Bread

Well I guess they won't be solid snaking it onto the shuttle then. I can add escape pods later for potators to escape on. Not to mention maybe I can enable the crashed syndicate ship that'll be in maintenance to act as a secure, but airless escape pod.

no such feature. Just copy paste into your own and do it from there.

Ok, I have trimmed it to this so far, might do more:
pastebin.com/Zsyvks1w

if the main shuttle is going to be imposs for sneaks then that's going to make adding more pods important, which is going to make it more of a problem to check if you're tato finding or victim hunting given the time restriction

Probably 2-3 pods on Z level 1, and 2-3 pods in the maintenance maze (including syndie zone) would be good.

bump

Is this the regular MOD experience?

Why would you ever go there?

It depends. Sounds about right for YOG or Hippiestation though.

Thank you Bubble the clown for that glitch rundown.

Thank you Bubble the clown for that glitch rundown.

odd, page refused to show an update for me until I posted

No, it's not.

Found your problem

it's actually when a mob doesn't have a ckey assigned to it

Beaker is supposed to be used so that the bot can hold chems inside and carry it elsewhere, it can also mix things with the syringe that it doesn't have and can use it at will at any time with the dropper and syringe modules, like handing out ryetalyn, oculine, calomel or a supervirus/vaccine in blood that the virologist is giving out. Tator bots can also use it for other things like a beaker and syringe full of lexorin, sulfonal, chloralhydrate, a mix of chl3 and phlogiston or a simple syringe with 5u of superheated phosphorus and 95u of black powder in the beaker for a borg that can blow up at will on your target.

In my opinon, the beaker should be upgraded to something that can hold more than a measly 100 units, and remove the ability for the bot to put it in chem dispensers so they rely on actual chemists to do something with it. It should also have an option to spray the contents like with the syndicate polyacid sprayer module or create patches/pills on the go with the reagents inside the internal beaker.

bots, borgs, mechs and augs all need a redoing tbh

Your face also needs redoing

There was a stopmotion comic series for Halo. One of the stories had an AI reduced to a few subroutines, was forced into Asimov law mode as it lacked the intellect to circumvent it lime usual.
It synthesized a combat drug cocktail for the last survivor to take to have a chance at retaking the ship, but because it couldn't harm it couldn't actually inject him. The drug had nasty side effects that would kill him within the day. The ai could only supply the item and insteuct how it could be injected.

Point is there should be a chemical blacklist for standard bots. Nothing it can't circumvent, but like the suicide warning where trying to inject deleterious and deadly chemicals brings up a prompt warning that it's not very asimov to inject that. The choice is then given to inject, cancel, or drop syringe.

n-nani?! my bokonodo was spotted?!~ this must be the work of a enemy standuro!!!!! *unzips bubbles*

can we use this as a title song?

drive.google.com/open?id=0ByXInH7uxsU5Qjl1TnMwQ1ZUT2M

omg admin plz halb gorg mallon giffing me ban he now pls

What, are you going to add a pop-up window every time security tries to shoot an assistant or clown that says "STOP! YOU ARE PROBABLY GOING TO VIOLATE SPACE LAW!"

Well, thats the thing. Forcing people to roleplay via code is fucking terrible, and encouraging faggots to roleplay through subtle means is a much better option. Question is, how do you get you fucking virgins to roleplay?

by making it EZ to die if you don't

the thing is when someone doesn't roleplay, they're not exactly doing something wrong as such sure they're lowering the quality of the game by a large amount but if they're within the rules of the server then going after their valid salads is "o.k"

If they can go valid salad on others you can go arrest salad on them.

and if said person is a antag? what if we're in a situation where the antag wants to roleplay it up but the non RP does something like deduces the antag via meta knowledge. what then? and I don't mean meta knowledge as in "has a alt who's a ghost which he sees everything with" but like "it's low pop and there's a certain amount of people on and so it's obvious"

Ask him to explain his deduction to you
Is it hint towards meta? Is it unrealistic?
N: If they can go valid salad on others you can go arrest salad on them.
Y:Wait why are we here again

Just pretend everything was written correctly

the problem isn't really with just this kinda example but that kinda player, the power gaming who thinks because they're robust they don't have to answer to anyone other then admins

No really. The only answer is the community answer.
Lifeweb players acted like you were a stranger Randy has been adding rules lately so maybe not anymore. whenever you did something off-character. It wasn't bad.

the community answer depends on the community and our community is 2small to really effect much

There are better ways to code people into roleplaying than forcing popups or rules against them doing X thing. Like one of the healing chems in the list i posted yesterday night, Calomel, actually harms the target greatly with toxins and in short order despite being entirely unable to kill him no matter how high the dose injected.
Are you gonna force borgs to go through the retarded prompt every time they inject it because "IT MAY HARM THE HUMAN" despite Humanity itself being subjective, the preventing of OTHER harmful chemicals that CAN kill him being the sole reason of it's usage or the fact that a borg may just have different laws than asimov?

It's retarded, not even Bay itself does this kind of gay shit.

If you're going to force rp through code you might as well just take a note from lifeweb and make a serber called prison station 13.
Where all the prisoners are devoid of rules, because they're prisoners, and security has to follow protocols to an extent. This inherently gives shitters the right to be shitters, of course, but it also gives security the right to enforce strict rules on the station which means they'll inherently roleplay as security.

But even better if you really want people to roleplay turn off random names, and welcome all the fags who dress up as their favorite characters and roleplay as them.
You don't want that though? Then stop trying force people to roleplay your way, and instead let the station be its bartender who knows about every single profession on the station but makes drinks mainly.

this tbh
the highest pop we ever had on the servers was when we had both namefagging and public vis
sure people had snowflakes but at least they were roleplaying as something
there could be a compromise to allow character depth without static namefaggotry

see

and then shit died due to drama and gitgud, so now we can't get nearly the amount of people we could since all the old fags are out of the picture

Don't misunderstand.
I do NOT think we should turn on static names. I actually like random names.

it's not like you can't change your name in game anyways

Ripleys are the shit, and better at blob management then I would normally assume.

We're not getting rid of random names, don't be ridiculous. That being said, Namefagging isn't the only way to roleplay. You can always erotically roleplay with your metafriends by fucking eachother in the ass in the kitchen's gibber with an active chef onboard the station.

Don't forget that clamps deal oxygen damage which certain mobs aren't really coded to deal with :^)

fire fighter ripley is king

84th for a water system with a sewage system, waste water treatment system and piping system to boot.
It would add untold autism.

NEVER
EVER

i want to die harder

>Autistic ERPer shits himself
BRAVO NOLAN

Shitting itself should provide way more penalties than just appearing like a jackass or a valid salad for anyone with any degree of morality at worst.
For a bad example on how to handle shitting: In hippie, you can shit over the entirety of the halls almost with zero repercussions asides from the rare chance of getting stunbattoned to death by security, it does nothing except slipping people who walk ontop of it, flavour text and toxin damage if you eat it.

For a good example on how to handle shitting: In lifeweb, shitting on yourself means you start smelling bad, meaning you can start contracting deadly as fuck diseases like Dysentery or Rot your skin turns yellow and you start vomiting until you puke your stomach and guts out at random plus your mood gets much poorer which means your stats for everything is lowered and you can be killed more easily. Eating it can satiate your hunger but can also outright kill you and has a guaranteed chance to poison your body. It's also incredibly difficult to get anything done while you've shit yourself because you rely on other people to do much of anything and they can't get near you because your terrible as fuck smell gives them bad moodlets which can be a valid reason to behead/neckmassage you into the graveyard.

That round took entirely too long but marines actually won. I swear I did more work than the CMO, from setting up cryo to doing ALL the chemistry and my fair share of surgery and triage.
CMO even had ORIGINAL CHARACTER DONUT STEAL levels of flavor text too.
I saved so many people who then went on to murder ayys it feelsgoodman. Mikail Kruschev is also a hilarious character.

Whoever was the RP'ing virologist, don't bullshit for literally half an hour pretending to save your target. Watched a couple episodes of anime in the time it took you to drop the act and dump my body.

Forcing ERP on anyone is actually worthy of a permaban+admin fuckery.

admin fuckery if pubbie tbh

Going head first into R&D next time.
Any tacit knowledge not covered in the cheat sheet or wiki? Any quirks of the system that will give me head scratching confusion?

Lifeweb is superior

keep an eye on the temp and flush/lube it often

only in some aspects tbh, the game is just way too fucking brutal for the sake of brutal to actually be enjoyable for long periods

To upgrade levels, you need items from the same level to let the machine gain more. That means if you have level 3 on combat and you decon a level 3 combat item, you get combat 4. However, deconning a level 5 item as level 1-3 combat, will only give you level 4 combat, then level 5 combat if you decon it again, and then level 6 if you decon it a third time. You can see how inefficient it is to decon things over and over again if you don't decon lower tech stuff first.

Early on, the only two ways of getting Mats 5 PICO MANIPULATORS is either an intellicard or the Portable Chem Dispenser board. You can get a PCD board incredibly easily without leaving your lab for only 20 acid if you upgrade the C.Imprinter with a nano manipulator mats 3 i think? Can itself be deconned without reliability penalties for mats 4 and then follow this decon line: Health analizer > Anything to raise EM to 3 like a Practice Laser gun or a handheld flasher > Sleeper board > PCD. PCD itself also gives levels on a bunch of other things which is really good and you can build the machine on your lab for free access to acid and other chems.

Reliability is a thing. Later designs you produce anything at tier 3 and foward has really low reliability. Anything not at 98% reliability or higher tends to not give you levels if you decon it. To lower reliability requirements, upgrade the D.Analizer with a Manipulator, a Scanner and a Laser.
Alternatively, attaining Electromagnetic Spectrum, Power, Engineering, Materials, Bluespace and Data levels to higher levels tends to make items with a higher reliability than the bare minimum level required for them, but still not 100%. You can bypass the Pico manipulator's 70-something reliability level and raise it to 80% by raising every other level to 5 or higher, meaning you can decon it for Materials 6 if you upgrade the D.A. with the tier 2 tech.

Put an alien/human brain in the DA for quick bio levels. The toy AI in the showroom also gives you some levels but if you decon it really early on you gain fucking nothing. Xray laser guns are technically illegals tech, don't let centcomm know about them.
You can upgrade laser pointers with microlasers and a screwdriver

>You can upgrade laser pointers with microlasers and a screwdriver
What happens

You know how hardsuits can protect you against flashes?
With bluespace/tier 4 tech, not even that can help you against the RD's bullshit

Which is an underrated way to stun somebody, and it works on borgs too.

I always start by deconning three exosuit syringe guns because it's easy, cheap, and gets several categories up quite a few levels.

two and a fab board works is what I do do

My immsersion senses tingle, where do the atoms from deconstructed items go?
Why doesn't the device shoot out a pittance of metal rods and glass shards?

if you think that's bad, why does it need to take it apart atom by atom inorder to scan it in the first place

All materials from deconstructed items go to protolathe. So its just recycled, no immersion breaking here.

That part makes sense. Layer by layer material analysis, structural composition, molecular alignment. It's making a one to one simulation of the object in all of its subtleties, something that can't be done from any outside scanner due to the inorganic matter involved.

I quit a year ago, did the old coder die?

no it doesn't

yes it does.

zaers? he's around still

not ours or nu/tg/s

organic matter can get fully scanned easily but inorganic matter has to be taken apart for that?

Metals, crystalline structures, etc. Things that fuck with electromagnetic waves. Organic matter is practically translucent to most of the spectrum, thus Xrays and UV and the likes pass through or show interior objects. Metals and doped glass and exotic material block that shit.
It so happens that large portions of xenomorph biology is partially inorganic, from carapace to blood, and especially sensing lobes.

but we eat iron in our foods tho? check mate ratvar fags

Are the serb mods not raging faggots?

Nod really.

On interaction with a moderator, roll a 20 sided dice. On a 5 or lower, server mod shits the bed.

I was the best mods tbh

Midimin bestmin.

kills Ian and Ian's entire family

This shit is getting old. I want to play spessmen, not 'hide from the bear jew'.

low pop murder bone is ass

Sorry guys, I wasn't on for a majority of the day.
I will be on throughout tomorrow, so hopefully if he does it again, He will be bullied.

Last night was fun.

omg so UUUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGH leik UGHGHUGHUGHUGHGUGHUGGH the current admin team is soooo bad! (tbh0 he issooooooo rayciss i wish u ppl would demote him he is so toxic and anti semitic holocoast denying asshole! he raped my gender with his terrible codebase as i identify as a ᠠ ᠹ‍‍ᠠ‍‍ᠭ‍‍ᠭ‍‍ᠣ‍‍ᠲ he needs to open his ass mind and let the progresiveness in! such closed minded bigotry shouldn't exist *ugh* you people disgust me *ughhhh* i bet this is how 140% of the player base are *ugh*

Okay, so the wiki doesn't say much on radiation, but I had an idea about power for science. I was thinking if I had a source of radiation that was not the singulo, I could set them up with radiation collectors for their power source. (Uranium something something?)
Otherwise I'm likely to give them (if possible) a very small antimatter generator.
Fill me in on possible radiation sources. :}

Antimatter generator already exists.
As for radiation sources, Uranium is usually docile but becomes radioactive when you mold them into a statue, because reasons and stuff.

Anyone ever played Colonial Marines serber? Is it !!FUN!!?

Huh. Well I might give them some uranium and collectors then.

It can be fun.

Its xFunx.
This one isn't in game so I should mention that "Tattered" articles in DF wiki are named xTatteredx, which implies those are their signs

More like i'm wondering what tattered fun is now. Like fun but badmins?

Supermatter is hilarious. I have decided to give science some kind of supermatter engine for power. It could also be a fun way to produce lots of plasma for atmos/whoever needs it, because I won't be having a plasma miner in atmos, the only gas miners will be for breathable air (oxygen and nitrogen).

there's a genetic defect that makes you into a rad man I think

although personally I'd like to see some new kinda power that isn't retarded like tesla is

it's shit, they do the same shit every round and the admins will call you out on any little thing specially if it's not even your fault and if you dare go against someone else who has higher power then you supposedly then that's a case for a banning and is never handled ic. the marines are always at a disadvantage due to the fact that their build time, heal time, ability time and gain over time is vastly much longer then anything else not to mention you're more forced into RP which is very limited due to rules basically. xenomorphs are favored in the server and it's all due to afew little things, they get fucked up much harder, they heal super quick and they don't have any blind spots although the worst crime in my opinion is they're little more then heavily modified nu/tg/ xenos with a life tree rather then anything decent. predators are the worst simply because of how each faction handle them, xenos queens will refuse you to take them on with no good reason and if you don't harass the pred he will take the head of your highest tier xeno which will usually be the only thing keeping xeno in the round but marines just straight up ignore them and they never usually hunt marines since everyone knows it's a massively unfair fight but instead of fixing it they just fall bland on rp reasons as to why they don't actually fight, they're also stupidly powerful and require way too much to actually deal with(you're fucked if you're human trying to deal with preds) but they're only like this not because of skill but due to insane stamina and insane hitpoints which makes no fucking sense really.

all in all it's only "fun" with friends and even then it's not very fun for long specially if you're a marine

I don't like gas miners they make no real sense and having a plasma miner is fucking stupid due to the lore. can we make it so that plants produce oxygen using carbon dioxide?

Making a robust radiation subsection for the station and adding a few random events would be amusing. It could mutate rats if there's too many in maintenance, and have them flood out into the hallways to attack crew members. Or mutating crew members into horribly disfigured genetic anomalies until someone in genetics can fix the individual.

tbh genetics need to be better then what it is currently which actual dna and not just a strang of useless RNG and superpowers here and there

That seems extremely amusing and fitting.
WAR RATS, they have increased intelligence and grow a limb out of their backs. Most are npc's with claws, ears, feet, noses, teeth, xenos eye, or dicks coming out of their backs. Low damage but when they reach like 150 food they auto-breed a clone of themselves. Clown style non-hostile until attacked.
Players always spawn in with a hand.

Or just make them into hive rats, bulky ass tough as shit un-crittable fuckers. That's probably way easier.

Hive rats that can take over maintenance sounds entertaining and could even have the option for a crown of rats to be the core of the rat infestation.

Radiation has more untapped potential than we know.

new race then tbh

Flies and liggers already exist. Maybe it could be a new buildable bio organic shell for any brains with a spark.
I also like the idea of more biological entities posing a threat to the station, especially from within. Bio engineering would be a fun branch of science to add or expand on if its based off of xenobiology.

And have cardboard borgs been added yet? It'd be an amusing joke for shitter borgs or with as a joke to emag.

So here's what I had in mind for science power.
Probably could add more collectors, but basically you open it to space when ready, and the radiation gives power, while the scrubbers are on siphon and capture released plasma before it gets spaced. This solves the stations plasma needs, as there won't be a miner for it.
Several notes:
-This current setup produces about 30k watts (Unsure if this is satisfactory for the needs of a department, which is why I might expand it.
-Produces plasma
-Can be expanded via xenoarcheology if they uncover a supermatter crystal. This however comes with the potential danger of a supermatter cascade.
-(30k watts)/(6 [1000 kpa cans] collectors) ~ roughly 5000 kw per collector with one supermatter shard.
-The power outputs in spikes, climbing after an emitter shot. Perhaps more emitters would lend to a more stable power.
-Absolutely renewable since the supermatter shard when cooled properly (by space) outputs plasma, which can refill the collector tanks.
-Actually have a prototype one built on the serb right now, I have seen as high as 60kw and 80kw spikes.

I think this is just sciencey enough to be the power source for science.

Friendly reminder that Rad-collectors generate more power based on (a) the amount of radiation they are hit with and (b) how much plasma is in their tanks

Pardon my earlier numbers, the setup in pic related actually was producing like 500kw?
Pic related is the one on the serb.

insect race then?

find the code for it

Autism is a hell of a drug.
Can singularities drift/be pushed to other Z levels? Cause a juryrigged 'singulos punter' should already in place on such a dangerous setup. Either that or one of those syndicate singularity beacons be prebuilt on a corner asteroid, and captain has the frequency to activate it.

The only concevable way is if the singulo was actively on something like a shuttle which was able to change Z levels- but then it would be eating the shuttle.

Yeah I figured that would be a funny. Science has supermatter generation (I'm probably going to give them like TWO collectors, because that's ~300kw. Might even give them a lone collector.)
But if engineering is tired of having their thunder stolen they start a singulo, and then a tator puts a beacon and disables containment…. fun times.

Unsure of how much power I will give to science at round start. I don't want them being able to power the station from round start, just their department.
I think one emitter and one collector should suffice, especially since they can fill the plasma tank.
Might have to make it look more generator-ey or science-y or something.

Did midimin find a way to play the SSN 688i midis yet?

I guess it's technically a [mupdate], here is the power section for science. Has a basic plasma bottling area, supermatter vacuum storage, and the reactor room, with one collector for still too many kilowatts. Initial plasma can be collected from toxins. (It will be nearby to this, maybe.)
1)Setup emitter
2)Setup collector
3)Set scrubbers to siphon
4)Retrieve and place supermatter shard
5)Activate emitter.
6)Leave room and open pod doors, effectively cooling the shard while the siphoners dredge the plasma as it comes past.
Voila, lots of power. Capped at 200kw output unless you wanna build more SMES units. Again, this probably generates far too much power far too easily, but I checked cargo and you can get: shard (100 pts), collector crate(~30pts) [Comes with THREE collectors], emitter crate (~30pts), and easily do this on meta station for under 200 pts, which cargo always starts with. It's a wonder we don't do this in current rounds.
Not to mention you can build this in about 5 or 10 minutes from scratch. Granted also, it is supermatter, which might balance itself out with how dangerous it is. Just try going anywhere near it without a full radiation suit. I did and not only did it not crit me while keeping me paralyzed (so I had to sit there for quite a long time before dying), my skin instantly melted off, and there were sound hallucinations for the whole duration.

I'm not giving science an EVA suit aside from the one the RD gets at round start (Unless maybe I should not give it to him? :} ) so just stick a mask on, and run in and get the shard and run out. Make sure not to slam into the shard and disintigrate in your haste. C:

I'd paint the shit out of those walls and floors with warning signs and colors.

What's the meteor defense for the station? Grilles like meta, or a ton of small asteroids?

Probably lots of small asteroids and debris around the Z level. How does asteroid defense work anyway? I thought it just hits parts of the station and kablooeys it.

I like it. Insect races have a good quality background story for away missions and could provide some very creative content.

other things which make rads

the grav gen
shit advanced laser guns
Glowberries (I think)

Having all access and 'don't do your job but don't get killed' objective is fuckin rad.

There's an issue with them. I'll try to get it working later. It's more to do with the files themselves being really weird or corrupted rather than BYOND being unable to handle them, like i can't even load them on Fruityloops or MidiEditor to edit or change them.

Asteroids have a chance to pass through objects at will, or explode if on contact with them. In an asteroid storm you get 4 or 3 types of asteroids. Small ones, Medium ones, Big ones and Mineral ones. Small asteroids tend to pass through 1-2 objects before exploding, Medium ones have a bigger chance but it's a tossup, from 2 to 10, Big ones are actually rare and don't spawn much but can absolutely go up from arrivals to the bridge in one go if you get REALLY unlucky. Mineral ones behave like the small/medium ones but make bigger explosions and leave behind ores.

Good asteroid defense for meta would be Shield generators covered by a bunch of grilles all around the east-north-northwest areas of the station and specially all around the solars, directly north of engineering and security and directly east of virology and xenobio. Asteroids can't come from the southwest in meta.

B R O W N F L O O R S
[mupdate] I guess, here's some science. If/when we get some solid details on the SCP/anomaly thing, I can haphazardly slap a lab for it onto the north side.

Well I'll definitely have stationary asteroids and bit of rock which funnily enough will probably protect the station mostly from asteroid events.

Might be how I allow engineering to power their old department if they don't feel like clearing out to the singulo generator.
Not having gravity tends to piss a lot of people off, myself included.. so I'll make it easier to get to gravity but still if they're totally lazy then no gravity and everyone lynches them.

DOES THE MAP STILL HAVE BANANIUM WALLS? IT'LL ALLOW PEOPLE TO MAKE H.O.N.K. MECHS WITHOUT A CARE IN THE WORLD

No, it doesnt. Not sure if you missed last thread, but there were pics of it being very different.

I missed it.

This is pretty much it now.

Idea. Nuke disk is in captain's office, but in disabled disposals along with a banana peel.
Deepest lore

Here's an idea I just had and kinda want: actual gas mining.
Where normal mining I think is going to be an actual ladder down to un-dug asteroids, which can then be mined out (all through the two Z levels, and maybe more.
I want Atmos to still be able to get all the gasses they need so I think I'll give them a shuttle to a gas giant where they can bottle and transport gasses back to the station for filtering. It'd be even better if my gas tanker idea worked, then they could transport lots of gas.

Basically it's going to be like our asteroid map, but with much more open area instead of walls. The entire atmosphere would be toxic, bits of all the gasses, though probably higher concentrations of particular gasses in certain areas, because I'll have one gas miner for each kind of gas hidden across the level. There'll probably be mobs to fight as you go around dragging a portable air scrubber behind you, then offload your scrubber at the ship (or maybe on site bottling plant) so that it can be brought home. Not sure what I'll do about it's gravity, but if it's heavy gravity I could make all living entities move slower.
I like this and want it even if I have to codefag it myself I guess. Tbh I think atmosia is under appreciated on most stations and they're fully half of the engineering department, so, yeah.
What do you anons think?

Are you SURE you want Atmosia to use BYOND combat? Its really, really not-that-good.

Actually you're right, no mobs is better. I think it'll be better with just a toxic environment that is apt to kill you outright if you aren't super careful.

a lot of issues involving pipes should be fixed before we make it annoying as fuck to do

That's fair. The default of it would be a regular shuttle that you bring canisters and portable scrubbers on, and there would be a small bottling facility there to use.
By hazardous environment, generally toxic gasses and pressures that absolutely require a hardsuit, and might kill you if you stay out for, say, 30 minutes at a time due to the heat and pressure.
The basic strategy would be to do some scouting runs if you don't know where gas concentrations are/want a particular gas, then run over to it with your scrubber, turn it on, then run back. This would result in minimal pain. You could leave the scrubber there and come back later for it, or leave it right outside the bottling plant if you didn't care what gasses you got since you're filtering them anyway.

the issue with atmso seems to be something to do with it's sub controllers tick rate, the piping was fixed unless it's a new issue I'm unaware of

/vg/station player here (inb4 go back to cuckchan), what's the appeal of Honkstation? Haven't actually tried it out yet.

If I had to be honest: Nothing, currently. Eventually that'll change though.

Oh well alright, all I really know about it is its inclusion of some monster girls. Well good luck with your server.

there is appeal, there's just not alot of it for people to really see

You what? Your server has monster girls too unless you remove slime girls.
Or are you a /monster/ guy? I saw your meta thread comment

How about toxins storage starts with empty canisters, or flooded with plasma or something?

Well yeah I guess that counts but that's not exactly a very major feature.
Not really, I go there sometimes for the porn and stuff, but I despise the community so I avoid it when I can.
Sorry never made any comment like that, but yeah I did see something about Honkstation there.

Well you should know the deal.
"Monster girl inclusion" comment was just propaganda and you should go comment back on that.

Eh don't really see the point but thanks for clarifying.

someone did want proper slime waifus and was working on it, however nothing came of it because the fagit never got back to me

You can look at his fork.
How long ago was that?

doubt he even got to that stage tbh

ehhhh, consider it's supposed to be at least habitable at round start, probably not. I might give them a single canister of plasma, or just one of each and have them make do.

I decided to start making a map for fun(if you CTRL+F and type [mupdate] you'll probably see the posts) and anons decided they wanted it, so I post my progress here. Not sure if anyone archives these threads but it's basically a junky old station that's theoretically habitable at round start but is supposed to be more hardmode though allowing you to optimize and autism the station up.

Single canister seems like a better alternative actually. It could act as a weird incentive to set up the supermatter engine as a means to harvest extra plasma from it.

The current appeal is that we're using an old codebase of /tg/ that isn't cucked to fuck, unlike modern nuTG but it's lacking a ton of modern features and you may not like it because it lacks baymed, if you're in for that sort of simulation. The codebase's solid good though since the playerbase, despite being shorthanded in numbers, is quite chill and you'll be having tons of fun either roleplaying a DND campaing at the library or robusting carps, syndicates or greyshirtfags. We also have a couple certain features with the now-nonexistant bombcap, the inclusion of mini-worlds for the white ship which turned it into a mini-FTL-like experience and space exploration that isn't entirely RNG.

About that whiteship business.
YOU NIGGERS NEED TO STOP RUSHING
Every god damn time someone has gotten a ship its always half assed uncommunicative bullrushing without even cleaning the gibs off the deck. Make a checklist, assign roles, be a real god damn captain and prep the ship.

And admins, stop spawning blobs the second the ship gets settled into. Twice now we finally got a groove to our a'viking and had to stop becuase >station is jello
Granted the last time was pretty hilarious with our captain surviving the station eraser. That was a highlight if I ever saw one.

I agree about niggers rushing way too fast but it's partly due to two things
This is also coupled with the fact that the game starts lagging even worse the longer the round goes because of Atmos and the random events themselves, which gives a certain sense of urgency to some people.

Or you seriously think hostfag would just ruin everyone's fun on purpose? Whiteship adventures were more designed around an alternate crew separate from the station's main crew, it isn't really that good if there's no one back at the station setting things up or producing things– even if you can set the ship itself to produce everything inside.
If anything, the only thing more important than setting the ship up for adventures would be to make a tier 3/4 Teleporter in Arrivals shuttle with a beacon sending straight into the Whiteship so you can actually have latejoiners join in on the fun instantly if we're on lowpop instead of arriving at an empty station.

Those old/tg/ events really suck
Are new TG events any better?
Thinking about it I should make a comment on the issue tracker.

If you can code them out or change them to be less "station ending" it would be good. Specially make the blackout event less goddamn jarring as it quite literally affects half of the station at random with no way to prevent it other than to go to every single light bulb in the station, removing the light bulb, screwdriving and wrenching them i think.I have never bothered to do this because there's no point, it's faster to just repair the lights themselves even without a light replacer.

Be nice to have a bot like the floorbot, except it replaces lighting. When emagged it goes to lights and overloads them, so any flammable gasses in the room can ignite.

AI/borgs can already overload lights by either using a departmental APC or by flicking them constantly until they break. I think a better alternative to that kind of bot would be that when emagged, it replaces lights that are broken with plasma-filled lightbulbs, kinda like the effect the emagged light replacer has.

Sounds funny, and also great.

I second this idea. One way of debilitating the station is by breaking all the lights, and its easy as a shitter to ruin them without much trouble.

nu/tg/ events are worst since they're the same but harder for no good reason, we've got some event ideas written down and some changes to current ones but lack of coders means our lists grow more then shrink tbh

more bots is something I've always said is something we need but one that changes lights seems like a pretty decent idea indeed and also sets the ideal of what bots should be, tedium reducers.

even though I'm no longer on the team I think I should write up an in-depth bot expansion document with the intent having the thread contribute as well.

I know my sprites are shit and that no one likes them but I tried here

What's it supposed to be?

Different mapfag here, scrapping my planetary city map for the time being in favor of something way more classy. First person to correctly guess what it is gets to suggest an easter egg to hide within this map.

light replacer bot

Oh come on dude are you serious? You basically spoiled it.

Whatever do you mean?

tiberium harvester?

CRYSTALS
C R Y S T A L S
C R Y S T A L S

tib sun best c&c tbh

Typing ghost makes you go catatonic whereas disconnecting makes you go braindead. Braindead players can return but cataonic ones are gone for good.

Much as I'd love to make that a thing, it's not related to C&C.

*there's alot of RTS things which I want in ss13 even if it doesn't make sense, like a mech from metal fatigue and alot of tib/red alert stuffs**

MY SHAME!

Given time and suffficient coding knowledge, I'd be making some stuff. As it stands though, I am mapping and experimenting.

Wow this thread's fuckin dead. Anyway, here's the next hint for the map I'm working on.

No idea what this map could be about. Sure, this looks like a messhall and the standstone walls are a bit telling but it could just be anything. Specially with how the earlier screenshot was about grasslands, a "cart" and some specific things with what i suppose was human mobs.

Have another on the house.

This reminds me of dorf fort.

dude its fuckin dwarf fort
he fucked up the first picture by having 6 settlers instead of 5

Correct.

The sixth is a placeholder for editing purposes so that I can make them actually look like dwarves with appropriately named and described equipment.

it's almost as if no one keeping it bump kills the threads and thus interest in the server or something

doesn't nu/tg/ have actual hell dorfs on lavaland now?

dorfs aren't merged yet cause goof is a very good efficient and well intentioned coder.

sounds like he should code for us tbh

RIP serb

just having someone who codes features with that mentality would be a first for our serb tbh

Are you sarcasm blind?

I'm sure the intent was there, just didn't come off as such

Other than that, goof was the faggot who coded Freon for nuTG, the worst change to Atmos hands down, only dwarfed in comparison with their terrible attempt at "slowing down" pipe atmos calculations to nerf toxins just because they were butthurt about bombs, despite having a bomb cap the size of a prolapsed anus.

as awful as freon is, plasma is basically the same shit in intention just executed better.

How much better? Miles better?
To give you an idea, Freon blobs(blobs that spawn on the Freon canister to cover themselves in the protective, slippery ice it creates) always win.

absolutely miles better but I think that's only due to what it's meant to be, EZ combustion.

They did for a while, but the guy who was coding them eventually stopped maintaining it and nobody else really picked up where he left off that stuck with it. I think I can work wonders with what we already have at our disposal, though admittedly I wish I had those lavaland mushrooms to base choppable, regrowing trees on so the dorfs will have a renewable wood supply till they can get tower-cap mycelium via trade and really go crazy with it.

byond coders in a nut shell. we really do need more turf though

Flooding an area with plasma doesn't immediatly ignite it unless there's a spark or the area is incredibly heated and unhabitable in the first place. It also doesn't ignite if the atmosphere is entirely plasma, it only does so with oxigen.

Freon instantly freezes everything it touches UNLESS the area is superheated, completely fucking up anything it's released into with no way to fix it other than to bring a flamethrower. The initial intention of it was that of the oppsite of plasma, that it wouldn't freeze things unless the atmosphere was already cold, but he completely fucked up everything about coding it and din't count for roundstart temperature.

if it was meant to be the opposite of plasma, why doesn't it use oxygen to freeze shit?

Neat, I want carp to be incredibly deadly, just like in old dorf fort before sponges became the new man slayer.

Because goof is a good coder

wait……………………………. then who was phone?

Oh yeah, and the pic related in this post is where I plan to have the Scholar.

Basically the Scholar fills the roles of Chaplain, Xenoarch, Xenobio, Roboticist and Librarian, being what passes for a Priest of Armok, and the one who searches for digsites and alien life to study. He will also run the library across from his laboratory and is, mechanically speaking, a Cultist who can be a great boon to the fortress, but most of his activities require permission form the presiding Noble to be done legally, including the use of his sword. He is still allowed to defend himself, beginning with permission to use teleportation talismans, though a shortage of guards may necessitate stun talismans with the noble's permission. He can also use the spell Artificer, letting him summon shards and shells in a pinch, but constructs are restricted due to their loyalty to their creators above all else. The Noble himself is the only paper supplier in the fort, so it's not like he can just straight up murderize everyone with stun talismans right away.

The Noble himself is responsible for herding the cats, so to speak, and is suspected to have once been a particularly addled centcom-hired Geneticist. He starts with some fancy equipment embezzled from the corporation, but no weapons beyond his pickaxe to begin with. He has the ability to summon blank paper with which to write his mandates on, which can (presumably) be attached to the noticeboard outside his office.

Next dwarf I'm setting up is the Master At Arms, who is to the Watch Captain as the HoS is to the Warden. He'll have some worthy gear to go with the title, and yes there will be a prison and dwarven analogue to security.

Funny you should mention that…

But dwarves don't actually worship Armok. Otherwise they would be happy at the blood rains and note that Armok never appears in-game.
Besides we already have a Geometer of Blood nad we all know god fights between domains get dirty.

New-/tg/ has sprites for actual demons(2 tiles bigs) and Imps. No interest in that one? We might get proper demons first if you do it.

Funny thing, Slaughter Demons are currently a thing in our codebase.

Also, if we do get to bring in the lavalands or at least the monsters, megafauna, and craftables from it, I have this made for anybody that wants to be a monster hunter and get rewarded for it.

pastebin.com/FwGSLW0T

Nice formatting.

They are but re-using sprites for something that critical(HOLY SHIT A FUCKING SLAUGHTER DEMON) is bad.

they work as well and admins can spawn them. borers, swarmers, revenant and monkey virus also work and are in but need admin button to spawn

we probably still have that sprite fag that isn't me and who does things people actually like that's not me and will never be me because he's good and I'm trash, around

Megafauna is actually a stupid thing consider how shit the combat is in SS13. I mean, why reward miners with potentially game-ending gear by just fucking off to monsterhunt instead of actually mining the rocks they're supposed to mine to give to science? The monsters themselves are also super bullshit, get hit once and half your HP is gone, and they have thousands of HP themselves so its gonna be a drawn out fight not because the monster itself is difficult or has interesting patterns but because it's a literal bullet spongue that tries to bum rush you.

The monsters we already have, it's just recolours of the Goliath, Basilisk and Hivelord with faster attack rates. Well, except for the hivelord replacment that acts like a stupid mini blob after it kills you by deleting all your gear.
Lavaland itself would be fine if it wasn't a huge deathtrap for what SHOULD BE the comfiest position in the station. I mean you're not a life prisoner in the station unlike the ones security send to the gulag, you're a hired willing free man, why go to a death worldlava planet to mine shit in instead of the more profitable asteroids?

this is why we should have an optional tiberian critically infested world miners can go to for that kinda bullshit for tbh

Uranium EVERYWHERE

Tiberium is actually mayorly based on Crystals in the surface, except its propieties are that not only that it contains more of itself, but also contains raw resources like an overabundance of Iron, silver, gold and titanium, among other chemicals and gasses. If processed, those resources can be separed from the tiberium which is what allows it to be such a profitable resource in C&C and why both factions have to harvest it to adquire the cashmoney to buy more tanks and troops.

In ss13, this can translate itself that one Tiberium Crystal can be worth 1 sheet of iron, silver, gold and uranium or diamond for itself. The offset would be that if mishandled it can infect the station ten times worse than a blob or 100 potency kudzu because it can just root itself into the metal hull of the ship even if the top crystals are removed.

not really since space is cold and tib grows very poorly in cold temperatures, that's why red zones are all around the Mediterranean and other HOT places

Really? Then why can tiberium still grow to the point tiberium fauna can thrive in the cold tundra of the british isles on winter? I mean we even got an entire mapset of Ice isles in Firestorm for it. Though, i can understand why it wouldn't grow in a vacuum or in raw steel.

Do they melt on fire? Plasmafire?

it grows slower in the cold but slow to tib is still fairly quick and fire storm is set two years or so after the secound tib war, so abit of it in there sorta you could see but not with the first tib war.

they're combustible under certain conditions or if it's blue tiberian that stuff is highly unstable, red tiberain isn't a thing.

They are highly volatile past their initial green stage, so it would be more likely to explode than melt into gaseous fire.
But then again, Tiberiumflamethrowers exist.

it's more like a chem thrower then a flamethrower

Chem sprayers exist in the code. Liquid Tiberium is hilariously deadly

hell yeah

Never played C&C (Always just fell under the radar for me) but I already like Kane.
How is Tiberium Alliances, or what C&C should I be playing and can get for free if I have not yet played a C&C? Which should I ignore/skip? I'll probably only play one to start, and if I like it another probably of a different genre.

Start with either C&C95 Tiberian Dawn or C&C Tiberian Sun, they are both a bit outdated comparing to newer titles but are both the easiest to get into and the ones with the best cinematics. They are also completely free and can be downloaded in here: cncnet.org
If you like it for the gameplay, consider trying out C&C Red Alert and Red Alert 2, plus their expansions. RA2 is the last voxel/sprited C&C game there is and also the last one in the RA series to not suck dick, it's also really fun to play and has tons of unconventional but FUN units, sadly it's not free unlike RA1 but i'm seriously hoping you're already pirating every old worthwhile EA-owned game you come across.

If you don't like the graphics and want to try out something in 3D, i totally recommend C&C 3 But only the Kane's Wrath expansion and C&C Generals and Zero Hour, though Generals and ZH play in a different way than older titles as the basebuilding is different and there's an overabundance and reliance of the usage of support powers rather than unit compositions.

any westwood game before red alert 2 is free

Tiberium alliance is a fucking disgrace since it's just a mobile phone cash grab skinner box bullshit thing. the more complete games are dune, tiberian dawn and red alert. however red alert 2 is the best to start with since it's the more funner of the whole lot. but generals/zero hour although not really a westwood game is still pretty good. you could go for tib wars but it falls flat, it's expansion pack does make it alot better though

I bet I could design Tiberium as a hydroponics plant that produces a crystal upon harvesting that contains the different minerals in quantities based upon potency (1-60 units of each). Rather than using the ORM, you would grind down the crystal and place the beaker in a mineral condenser. Process the mineral slurry and get up to three sheets of each, at a 20u to 1 sheet ratio. Yield will obviously be an important stat, but there is a big danger to handling raw tiberium without proper protection. You will need botanist gloves to pick it up safely (plant bag also works), otherwise the crystal will damage your body's molecular structure (up to 25 clone damage) alongside the harmful effects of the Uranium it contains.

it's a mutagen of sorts it mutates plant life into weird tiberian things and trees into tiberain spreaders. it also does living animals into various creatures. it's also hyper aggressive and very deadly even if you have full protective gear, just being near it will harm you but without protection you'll get tib infected and die if you don't mutate horribly.

Where are the spessmen? Serbia's got some people on.

I still have all the tiberium sprites in tiberium.dm on my workstation, I could upload my progress in a file if anyones willing?

All we have to do to get the party started is dupe whatever in the goddamn part of the code kudzu actually calls to spread the way it does.

I'm worried is that once it's like that, no one will do anything more with it and it'd be ignored forever tbh

I haven't played since before Sierra's shitfest came to an end. who still plays these days? what code is the server running?

well heres the groundwork

And the advanced functions later if possible >make it JUST your shit up if you arent wearing helmet/mask, gloves, boots and suit rated with tiberium_protection
Someday.

half the playerbase is still playing but things are looking a bit on the slow side. We're getting more inexperienced fresh coders and now a mapper is making a new station. Host is an oldfag from pizza who was sick of everyone's shit and hosted his own serbia to have fun playing spessmen, he rarely does anything regarding pushing buttons or moderation that does not have to deal with extreme amounts of sass and shitposting in ahelp due to being australian.

For your sanity and everyone else onboard, consider ignoring spiderfag as he's been shitposting the threads for a while now.

Oh and i almost forgot, we're running CPstation code with some fixes and some slight additions here and there, nothing too different from the old days.

Liquid tiberium as a means to redeem for the ore you need works, since that also means you have liquid tiberium available as a reagent for bioterrorism.

actually spiderfag hosted the the server first with roleplay rascal as someone who supposedly knows what he's doing and spiderfag stepped downI stepped down because I apparently made someone leave and gave the server to roleplay but he went and got a new server anyways.

so long as growth rates are determined by soil consistency and temperature as well as sucks up metals and minerals in the grounds with it's deep roots then finally mutates plant life or trees into gas/spore spreaders then we're good tbh

cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Tiberium here's a wiki which goes more in-depth about tib

Nice

Be hilarious to make science use tiberium crystals to power their department instead of supermatter. Might also be beneficial if it's balanced just right so that they can end up fully powering their department with some effort instead of outright the entire station. Dunno though.

who ever codes it would have to come up with a method which actually makes sense rather then *put tib in pot make power* kinda deal

Oh, I was referring to the radiation they give off. Supermatter, depending on how many radiation collectors you have, how full they are, how close they are to your shards, how many shards (or worse, crystals) you have, their temperature, AND their ventilation, can wildly determine how much power you can get from peanuts to "who needs a singularity anyway?".
Though, one of the great things about the supermatter is it produces plasma gas which when captured can help atmos but mostly can refill the collector tanks and satiate the toxins department.

I want different types of radiation in ss13 rather then this end all of everything, get us some beta waves and alpha waves tbh

That would be nice. I suppose it would be a matter of copying everything from radiation twice, redoing the current one to gamma I guess (since only rad suits really stop it well), and making weaker/augmented versions for alpha and beta, updating sources of radiation, etc.

I don't really know what the code for it is now currently so I don't know if that's the best method of doing that

Dun dun dun dun
Dun dun dun dun
Du ru ru ru rurun

(who)

Who cares? The problem is that its A FUCKING PERSISTENT STATION
Its not form 8ch, thankfully.

that seems like a retarded idea without players

As somebody who has started dabbling in the coding department and been looking at the code, I will say that it's coding entirely new things that will be a real bitch. Coding in things that can be added using the existing framework is frankly a cakewalk as long as you don't fuck up your syntax.

BOOM

I can't seem to find the server on the hub, have an IP for it?

It might or might not be byond://75.159.90.188:6500

I expected that, but it's only been an hour since it started.

it doesn't take that long

May the ride never end

just how many skeletons are too many? just two it seems

We had three corpses filled with 1000u black powder distributed around meta. Each one was a living (important) monkey human and each had a radio grenade filled with 200u CFl3.

Great round end happened recently on low pop where a supercharged singuloth actually happened, it ate half the emergency shuttle while we were on it. We launched just before it ate the rest of the ship.

Dorf mapper here. I am gonna be helping with implementing some new stuff besides maps since I seem to have the capacity for coding.

please don't just do what 8chanhosting wants and consider looking at the idea/bug lists

The first thing I have successfully coded was someone else's idea. I also plan to code in a tier-2 for limb augments

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

rework augs so they're actually useful first place

I should remember those sometime.

shit needs to be buildable and not orderable, cargo has everything ever because of just laziness like that

*They are robust already I just need to fix it so you dont need to breathe and dont get cold*

they're not, you can not heal via any method other then tools, not even a admin can heal it and you can't use god virus or super powers I think. if we had some kinda equal then it'd be worth it because right now not even implants will save you.

if you want space travel, be a skelly
if you want muh robust, be a pod
if you want suffering, go plasmaman
if you want underrated, go slime
literally anything else is better then aug'in your self

and not only that but it takes 15-30 mniutes to fully aug your self and if you die you have to do it all again and the only real gain is you can take slighly more damage for a trade off for being slightly slower

Tools are fucking everywhere though, and you get a hefty damage reduction if I remember correctly.

than*
Also robotic limbs are meta in all other servers. For starters, damage to robotic limbs does not spread over to your limited 100-health pool which is a huge improvement. You can heal with a welder and wires which you can just carry to avoid the huge trouble of grabbing a tool to heal yourself.

it's not that hefty and doesn't matter when chemicals are in play

first I've heard of that

I am unsure if that's the case for our code base though and if that's the case, then sure that's good however it's still faster to just make a god virus and pod people ur self to be practically unstoppable as well as get some super powers in if you know what you're doing.

it's not that tools aren't hard to com across, it's that the time sink in doing it is better off spent in medical

You can literally fully aug at roundstart if you get a rollerbed. I will however eventually be re-adding limb augmentation surgery instead of requiring extra loads of bullshit.

If this server was 2 players bigger I would be surprised.
1.Go to tool storage
2.One welder, some wire.
3.When hurt, repair yourself
Sounds like something that needs a buff when you think about it. If robotic limb damage is linked to body damage then yeah that's mediocre but otherwise.

that'd be nice and yeah you can do it round start as I said it's 15 or 30 minutes to do depending on how competent you are

I'd like it to be 10 players bigger.

I meant aug'in your self not getting the stuff you need to repair your self

toot

This image requires SS13 Gold™, Purchase now and recieve the free* shadowling DLC
when complete for the separate (discounted!) price of $34.99 + DLC License & Summer Pass (Sold separately, see thread for further details).

that fucking shadowligger

We demand, or else no shits will be given

Didn't realize we had blobs until twenty spores dogpiled me.
I'd say well played, but nobody spoke a god damn word to coordinate.

That's because for the most part they either didnt know or didnt think I'd make it to the shuttle.

In fact, I was delayed a bit by a bit of adminbus, but not in any serious capacity. Also, Skin Ripping blob is best blob.

new thread