Explain this

Getting real tired of this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/animeoutsiders/status/907689484828979200
8ch.net/v/rules.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mark will allow cuckchan threads, template threads, and destiny containment threads, but lolis are a BIG nono!

boohoo
stay in your VN thread

So should all games just be confined to a general now?

Goons are slowly but steadily becoming a very vocal minority and used the VNs are not games excuse to delete a loli thread. Simple as that

VNs vidya except when they aren't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cake man himself said they are.

This board is beyond fucked. Thanks marku-kun.

Your thread was shit, fuck off back to cuckchan.

containment is for the cancer, so stay in yours

Exactly. This is what they are doing.

Remember when one of the reasons people moved to 8/v/ in the first place was that the mods wouldn't delete UAB threads?

(You)

Cakeman himself also said a lot of other bullshit that he flip flopped back and forth on.
His word isn't gospel, you know.

Seems we are going the road of cuckchan. No surprise, considering all the fucking crossposters here now.

Holla Forums was fucked ever since Mark claimed the throne. He's extremely incompetent.

And now they are starting to shitpost in the VN general.
Never give an inch to these "people".

He never said any thing otherwise, and it was pewter who deleted it not him.

Look at the OP pic.

Hey, I'm not shitposting!

no

sorry

oh shit, I didn't see that. It was pewter who bumplocked it.

dont forget the why was my shit thread deleted threads

I don't want to be some condescending faggot or some above thou retard, but do we really need a separate thread for UaB if you could move it to the VN thread?
I get that it would bloat the thread, but I don't believe there is more than 10 anons who'd talk about it every single thread.

I give this thread less than 10 minutes before Holla Forums goons and furfags start calling you a pedo.

Nice try.

I mean I personally think that VNs aren't video games, but mark really needs a set in stone rule. He needs to make a rules sticky just so we can call him out on it when he flip flops.

Step up you game.

because UaB is the ONLY worthwhile VN and imo deserves its own thread

mark you kike

The problem is that if you give in to the goons then then they'll just try to move forward and try to get rid of VN threads entirely next.

There's already a VN thread, fuck off there. Shit isn't even video games.

We have literal tumblr threads here right now. Fucking creepypasta and pokemon go generals. Only trannies and underageb& girls are into that shit.

Well, that was a nudge to stay in the VN thread.
I guess I could've done that multiple ways, though. My bad. But in the last thread it really didn't look like actual talk would happen.

If only the fucking meta threads weren't about retarded shit like spoiler images.

Everyone else could say the same thing about their favorite VN.

EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU LIKE IT
                        _ノ(                ,、-――ー-- 、___, て              // /   __,ノノノ、  く  (              /   / 、_,   从 | イヤア              //l/ / o=,、  ''、!| l|ノ i |l             イ | l|イ!   `' , l;;メ川l ,,             !l川 ノ| " (`ヽ "川  "''ー- 、,, _     あー            モミ   ノVl|ハト、_  `´ ノノノ       |   ̄`l              モミ     ノノ  _ '´⌒ヽ ,-、       |    |  やっぱり○稚園児の          / /  nノ´   ´     l´)_,ヽ    .|    |           | l  l´ )     :r;:  Y  ノ  /    |    |   シマリはいいYO!!.   ズッ        `/   ゙      | /  /●   |    |.       ズッ  //     / ̄`ヽ   /     /    |      __ / / '   /     ヽノ ///  /    /   /´     ̄ ̄'    ´  l⌒l    ヽ    /_   /  /      // lλ '     ヽ \   ヽー''"  _)  /      ノー----/::::,'、_   _,ノ `ー`ヽ  ヽ―''"´  /    /',  `''‐- |::ノ(| ゚。 ̄///    (   \ ヾ /  /  /`)   '、:::: ''‐- 、,,     / `ヽ、つ_) l |      /     u`" //  "'' ヽ/     / ノ        `'' - 、,, J   r‐、   ',     /            "'' - /  /   ',   /   ズッ

See what I mean. Thank you for proving my point

They aren't video games, as there is no real gameplay, but according to the rules they are "vidya" and are allowed to be discussed.

Mark's a faggot for this, but you might be an even bigger faggot for playing Visual Novels with such garbage art.

All I see is a scrambled mess user?

I see something involving a feline and a dick.

UAB has more gameplay than most VNs even if it is only minigames.

Do we have an ASCII art board?

For you.

God I feel stupid now

Where did I say we should ban VNs from Holla Forums? Even though they strictly aren't vidya I'm fine with VNs sticking to a single containment thread, just keep it to that. Nobody else gets special treatment.

Isn't MGQ a dungeon crawling RPG and a VN, if pretty light on the gameplay elements? What about Rance?

Well, sometimes games Mark likes get special treatment. Needless to say this is also bad and should not happen.

see

the slippery slope is very real user.

And yet >>>/svidya/ gets no love. If you really want to change things, get a good hundred people onto an alt-Holla Forums and push it into the top 50.

Alternatively, make a vidya loli thread and see where that takes you.

Why should one genre be confined to one thread? We don't force all RPGs into a single thread.

while we're on this mark should ban political threads disguising themselves as vidya threads

The problem clearly lies with Mark, no matter how much we talk past each other.

Because an RPG thread would get far more anons talking about it and if we turned it into a general it would die faster than a VN thread, I'd say anyway.

That thread went to shit. Not saying the posts shitting it up shouldn't have been deleted, but doing that wouldn't have solved anything anyways

Deleting every thread sabotaged by goons is obviously not a good idea.

ROB threads are good, though.

That's a very wide definition user

You're actually correct. If you don't ban the goons then there isn't any point to trying to repair fatally shitposted threads.

special treatment is special treatment
think of any other avatarfag thread even attempting to do that

Sadly that board and many other Holla Forums alternatives are dead and it's impossible to make 100 anons migrate.

Great for nintendrones, sure.

The slippery slope fallacy is when you assert that thing x will inevitably lead to thing y. It is quite clear that VNs being limited to a single thread will not result in their being banned from Holla Forums entirely. It might do that but it's on you faggots to prove that, a conspiracy theory yes some shills and goons do exist on Holla Forums but they're far small in number than is often claimed that writes off any viewpoint opposing your own as goon infiltrators is not sufficient proof.

Apparently neither do you.

RPGs are a much more varied genre with many more anons interested in them. VN threads are going to go down the same way each time.

Special treatment in any form is to be opposed, that much I shall agree with any user on. MGSV getting weeks-long stickys for its release is a prime example.

The point is that UAB is a canary, just like the GamerGate thread. When canaries start dying then something bad is happening.

It does seem like it's time to start looking for an alternative though. This place has gotten so bad.

Man, Mark, first you get your shit kicked in by someone on Twitter because you decided to defend waifufaggotry, than you do this. What a shit.

Don't bully ROB

Please leave. This is the only place many of us have left and nobody wants another exodus because of you and your type.

indeed, i suppose /svidya/ is probably the best we'll get for now since no other imageboards are habitable

Show us

VNs are allowed, the loli game is allowed as long as the lewd is spoilered, but the OP was shit.

Also my finger slipped while on mobile.

Is there any guarantee that the alternatives are run any better?
Or is simply not being Mark already such a great improvement which it is, to be fair

I don't need to, he plays himself.

maybe you should stop getting icing all of your fingers you fat fuck

The Jew has spoken.

In fact I think there those who want another exodus and for the purpose of stretching anons thin in order to kill off their influence on the internet.

Eat less cakes and you won't cover the whole screen with your thumb.

Clean your greasy screen then.

Maybe you should ditch your phone/Switch then faggot

twitter.com/animeoutsiders/status/907689484828979200

You don't get to decide that

Why did pewter bumplock it?

What would make for a good OP in the future?
DAMMIT MARK

If by canary you mean 'if the GG and VN threads are banned something has gone wrong with Holla Forums's moderation' then sure: both are containment threads largely related to Holla Forums's subject matter and so should exist. That is not what has happened, however.

VNs inherently have near-identical gameplay and thus limited points of discussion beyond their writing/stories. If there were more to discuss than their writing they would, by definition, be vidya games rather than VNs. RPGs, on the other hand, vary significantly in both gameplay and writing (and will have more anons discussing specific titles simply by dint of their greater popularity).
And you don't get to dictate who does, and does not, post on Holla Forums based on their opinions of VNs. If you want a hugbox fuck off and make one.

Hence the "OP was shit" part.

Wow it's fucking nothing

real talk these gook reaction images look like the emotion cards they show to autists in order to help them better associate facial expressions with emotions

Oh boy Mark is at it again i wonder how is he gonna fix this.

12 GAME OVERS

I just think they're cute

Listen here kike you better read this post , get those rules down in writing and get your shit together. Umaru a shit

This further radicalizes the anons and makes the "I only wanted to play vidya" meme come true increasingly faster. Please, for the welfare of all parties, stop fucking with the hornet's nest.

Maybe that's why autists love anime and sonic so much?

Didn't Mark himself at one point say that VNs were vidya enough for Holla Forums?
I fucking had that cap at one point.

LOL

Isn't it funny how you call everyone on twatter normalfags yet you have a fucking account there?

The thing is that some VNs, often dating sims and trainers, have much more game play than pure VNs do. Ironically UAB is one of those kind. Of course you can go even gamier than that.

i'm sure you just like sonic because he's cool, too

And he uses his real name and last name in Youtube

Oh, there it is again

Says the goon as he condones the seclusion of the genre into a single general, transparently scheming to ban it altogether, based solely on his uninformed opinion on the genre.

And if you register at the phone company, then you probably spend every waking hour on the phone. You better have autism son

I'm still waiting on the answer to whether there's an ASCII art board or not. I thought there was but I can't seem to find it.

using twitter makes you a faggot

A phone has many uses and a twitter account only one.
I'd say twatter normalfag territory is when you have a fuck ton of tweets within a short amount of time.

I believe it's an explicit rule on Holla Forums, certainly one of Holla Forums's tags is Visual Novels. There is, in fact, a distinct thread for VNs up as we speak.

Past a point they arguably stop being VNs. Sengoku Rance, for example, probably crosses over into being a game with a VN woven through its gameplay. How we divide up genres/games/puzzles etc is a subject for another thread but yes, there are fringe cases in every situation; they do not prevent us from dealing with the obvious cases.

You also don't get to write off arguments you dislike by claiming a goon made them. That's fucking cowardice.
I've said repeatedly that VNs should be allowed, they simply need to follow the same rule about duplicate threads as every other subject except those subjects that Mark likes, apparently, but again that's a different issue.

Perhaps there was and Chodemonkey has not yet restored it.

VN's are allowed though, and my finger slipped while trying to take a shit. Haven't you ever used a smartphone while taking a shit? Either way my apologies for deleting that thread. Feel free to remake it without the "Who is X and why is it X" template.

pls no billy

DUDE WEED AYY LMAO

Just start to self moderate a bit,Jesus.
When you see people starting shitting up a game thread, even if is something you don't like, report them. Everyone does its part and the mods done have reasons to fuck up

Except he didn't only register, he posts might near every hour you nigger.
And smartphones are for normalfags too unless you only use it for calls, but you might as well buy a flip phone.

eh

Yup, it's right there on the rules page though as an 'additional stipulation' rather than as a rule.
8ch.net/v/rules.html

Dammit mark.

You are one dumb piece of shit.

If ever there was a time to kill yourself it's now you greasy shit-covered kike.

I'm just answering the VN thing. I fucked up and if you want to make a new thread then please go ahead.

I'm thinking of doing another meta thread this month since the last one was kinda dull. Will be on a friday or a saturday.

You always tell me to kill myself tho

I doubt saging and calling them out will magically make them disappear you fucking idiot. However massive reports will probably start up the neurons of some mods

Why are you such an useless faggot who doesn't ban derailing goons when they are reported?

fucking please and instead of having a complete shit fest, write down issues and them discuss them in order rather than going all over the fucking place and getting absolutely nothing done

Holy shit, you're a fucking faggot. Neck yourself please.

Mark can you go take another shit so your finger can "slip" and delete the cuckchan threads AND the Destiny thread? Thanks.

Anyone notice that this thread has been shadow bumplocked?

What issues are there other than "Ban X", the occasional political derailment, and some other minor things.

oops sorry my finger slipped lemme spruce this up a little bit aha

Also actually fucking stay on for the whole thing, or at least enough that it's not more ineffectual than /polmeta/.

And yet you never seem to take the hint.

That's a shitty excuse, and I hope you're more careful in the future because you of all people know these little mistakes add up in people's minds and anons are already (rightfully) disgusted enough with the current state of Holla Forums as-is.

That said, I don't hate you, and I don't think you should kill yourself.

Announce it at least a day in advance this time, it's far too easy to miss these things particularly for anons in non-USA timezones.

Unless you explain why x will inevitably lead to y you do not get to make a slippery slope argument. I've been through that already.
Hardly, people should just avoid duplicate threads on extremely similar topics. VNs are that.
Why would I want to bump a meta thread? It isn't video games, it should not be bumped. What else do you thinking saging is for?

This thread's issue for one.
I'd also like to discuss the current janitors, especially pewter.

I had the thread up for two days user.

Rule 4 btw

8ch.net/v/rules.html

Your concept of self moderation is outstandingly pozzed. Keep slurping on Marks circumcized cock as you "self"moderate with fruitless reports.

Kill yourself, garbage.

Yeah, we're always looking at the report queue

please report things rather than saging and thinking they'll magically disappear.

He's right though, stop being a retard and report people who shitpost and spam in threads

Is there a reason you blatantly delete 4am threads rather than ban avatarfags now?
what the fuck was rule 8 for then?

It's not like suicide is painless or anything.

Yeah, because we delete it after 6am or so.

So avatarfagging is all right now?
After the huge shitfit that resulted in rule 8 deluxe?

To ban and delete everything he doesn't like.

You tell everyone to report goons but when I do it the posts are still there.

nigger what?
today's thread was up for hours until you nuked it

4am threads get an average of only ~15 user IDs and are limited almost entirely to anons from the USA and perhaps the Pacific since everyone else is asleep. They're the very definition of a vocal minority getting special treatment. I'm sure complaining about this makes me a goon too since apparently asking Mark to apply the rules fairly is something only a goon would do.

Yes, they're only like 5 people who have their circlejerk for an hour. Better to just let them have it then have it for two hours than go ape shit and then spam the board.

Well they were all right until avatarfags took over and rule 8 without actual bans only made them double down. And now he's ignoring it fully, not to mention mods admitted to not moderating the shit hole at all anymore.
Then why the fuck is it still here?
Just to suffer?

Pewter is probably Sangria before vols changed their names after the hack. He was always the shittiest hotpocket.

Literally just a thing I don't like wildcard for vols to delete posts that they disagree with that don't actually violate any rules with avatarfagging lazily tacked on that may or may not be enforced.

And what about the comfy and showderp/pgo generals? They're equally as cancerous.

He and Lime were definitely competing for that crown.

And yes, they can just be hidden, but they still bump a legitimate thread off the catalog every time they're made.

Why should a handful of faggots get to hold the board hostage with an implied threat of shitposting? 4am threads could easily be accommodated by simply making their own board with an eternal general, similar to cancerous shitholes like /britfeel/ and Holla Forums.

The thread would have inevitably declined into a circle-jerk because that's how threads with a specific, non-vidya topic end up. Only anons who want to blogpost (and normally adopt some form of long-term persona) are going to stick around.

The only "tumblr term" around is spoopy. Legitimately. Other ones like creepypasta and comfy are just inherited and throwing them out would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

no

The funny thing is they did, but they dislike each other for some gay reason, so most of the Ritsu posse stay on Holla Forums.

There was anti avatarfag policies and Mark actually dished out bans but he went back on them and they doubled down on the threads. Then we had Belrose and dick posting and the rest is history.

how thick is your ass and don't pull any tricks this time

If they're actually about video games and obey the rule about duplicate threads they can stay, if they aren't vidya-related they go. It's as simple as that. A non-vidya thread which pretends to be vidya doesn't count.
For example 4am threads pretend to be vidya related by containing in their OPs something like 'also what games are you all playing tonight' but after keeping that pretence up for the first ~15 posts they return to blogposting. The occasional lost user who wanders in attracted by that fake line and posts about vidya will generally get ignored after a handful of obligatory posts.

Their problem, they can just splinter their board. The very fact that they can be summarised by their alignment to a namefag tells you they're drama-based only.
The thread was doomed by its very nature as a more-or-less perpetual general that isn't about vidya. Even the generals that are about vidya suffer to a degree from the problem of running out of shit to talk about and becoming circular circle-jerks, 4am threads don't even have that in their favour.

The thing that gave 4am an advantage compared to a general is that it recycles every 4am.
Chances that every single user would always stay awake and come into 4am wasn't that big.
It was comforting simply having someone to talk to at fucking 4am when your life is in shambles.
Now I won't pretend that it deserved to be on Holla Forums, even with the "muh culture" argument. But I'd say it served a higher purpose and at that time anyway contributed to the board in its own way.
It's just a shame.

I used an insult at the beginning of a sentence that encapsulated an argument, which you so casually skipped as soon as I named you for what you are.

VNs are not extremely similar. Please enumerate similarities between Sengoku Rance and MHQ in terms of gameplay. Or between some trainer game and MHQ.

Again, your entire position on VNs is faulty because you have an extreme lack in exposure to the genre. You know that some VNs are just books, and wrongly assume that ALL VNs are books. So long as some of "electronic entertainment genre X" contain gameplay, then those examples are considered videogames. The logical position to take is that only VNs with gameplay in them should be allowed to be discussed on this board, but instead you want a general to discuss ALL VNs, even those without gameplay. The most sensible compromise would be to have a VN general for ALL VNs and to allow individual thread fo VNs that do have gameplay (namely fucking rance and every other VN like it since there's so much to fucking do and so many fucking ways to do it. There are many agents competing for resources and seemingly infinite ways of overcoming that conflict. Many VNs also have puzzle games and many other mini-games and resource-management mechanics that turn them into fully fleshed out video games).

Similarly, walking simulators are not considered video games strictly speaking, but discussion of Gone Home and other pieces of trash has always been allowed.

I agree it wasn't bad at the start but as I've said it was always going to go downhill, that's just the nature of non-vidya threads. If they'd been kept to an occasional thing instead of being nightly that would have been different, look at how Dukat/Star Trek threads function despite not being strictly Holla Forums related: their irregularity largely protects them from devolving into drama.

Also, once again, the other problem with a 4am thread is that it's only 4am in part of the world. If we're speaking about fairly applying the rules we might as well have one for 4am in the EU and one for 4am in East Asia too.

MGQ*

As sad as it is, 4am was trapped in the "always available" mindset, since you were usually sleep deprived or just fucked enough to be awake at that time. No one really planned to be awake there, so you could never tell when the thread should be up.
Now faggots set their alarm clocks after it.

Well, since we all speak one language and this site is based on some server's time, I'd say that's as fair as it gets if 'outsiders' decide to browse this site.

nuke yourself

Before I start that classification system falls down quite quickly when used on video games due to complications of what is and isn't an agent, dealing with open-ended fringe cases like The Sims, Warband etc and solvability. It's far too strict with what is and isn't a game in video game terms because it wasn't designed with video games in mind though it is certainly a good basis for a better classification system to be built upon.
I've already said Sengoku Rance is really more of a game than a VN, I haven't played MHQ yet but it may well be a similar case. Again: a VN with actual gameplay rather than an exhaustible set of linear paths linear paths with simple puzzles are still linear is by definition not a VN, it's just a very restrictive video game.
You're putting words in my mouth: I'm 100% ok with specific threads for games like Sengoku Rance that are generally misclassified as VNs being exempt from being considered duplicates to the VN general and I've said nothing to the contrary. Again I even specifically mentioned Rance by name in a previous post, it isn't my fault you can't fucking read.
That depends on whether or not the puzzle and resource management elements are strictly linear. Many old CYOA books had both puzzles and resource management they would not, I think, be classified as games (though that's an interesting topic to discuss in its own right).
Walking simulators are arguably just really, really shit puzzle games but either way they also have to stick to a single thread.

I've got a question: about two weeks ago I made a play-by-post thread for Crisis in the Kremlin. I was banned for "not vidya" reason. Why? It's about as vidya as Rule the Waves, yet I didn't saw those threads being banned. Was it you or an overzealous mod?

That's the problem I think. Anyway I doubt 4am threads are going to be dealt with, they'll continue to receive special treatment apparently indefinitely.
The point is more that non-US anons have just as much of a case i.e. none for wanting their own 4am thread as any American anons do, if not there is also a second level of special treatment the 4am thread gets. Unless, of course, we are running with the assumption that all non-American anons are to be treated as second-class users.
Non-US users are not 'outsiders' or at least they should not be treated as such, though Holla Forums as a whole has a problem with that perception.

This is worrying if true, even if you define Crisis in the Kremlin as not-a-video-game it possibly isn't some of the funniest things on Holla Forums have been anons playing that type of thing together. Picrelated, for example, came from something that was obviously not a game in the strict sense.
That said this is blatantly untrue. RTW has actual battles, you literally command your navy with simultaneous turns, it's just that the user running those threads didn't show the battles beyond a screenshot here and there. I don't think Crisis in the Kremlin has comparable gameplay elements.

>>>/sjis/

that's a given :^)

To accomodate everyone we'd have to change the 4am setting to a time where we all meet in the middle, which is not only stupid but also would take away from the original "awake at fucking 4am" theme.
Another option would be to leave the thread until the next 4am hits be it in europe or elsewhere so they can take it over in a sense. Kind of like recycling.
But that's hard to apply.

Yeah, perhaps that wasn't completely accurate comparison. Crisis in the Kremlin is closer to Victoria 2 :^).
In all seriousness, it was vidya, it was play-by-post and I'm left wondering should I even try again.

Well at least Europe will still be >50% white in 2060, at least if the EU can be collapsed in time. Really though you faggots need to get on solving that incoming demographic problem. A wall won't help much if you don't remove the ones already in and breeding and you don't even have a wall yet.
Alternatively get rid of the 4am threads entirely or make them an irregular thing that only happens once every few months. If the latter option is chosen you just start them at 4am EU time and let them run through to 4am USA time, that's only 5-6 hours.

At least Crisis in the Kremlin can be understood without a degree in economics.
Vidya or not I would also like an explanation. Playing that type of shit together is great fun and anything that brings Holla Forums closer together is welcome.

Gone Home doesn't even have any branching paths or even a single fail state and you categorized it as a game.

999 (et al.), Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright are undeniably both video games and VNs (specially the former and latter). Pheonix Wright does not even have branching paths, but has failure states, and does not so much feature puzzles as it does "read and use the obvious item". Surely, you wouldn't argue that PW cannot be discussed outside of some VN general. It is also the case that many point-and-click adventure games are essentially just a VN in a different format. Grim Fandango had considerably more narrative content than gameplay, and what gameplay there was can barely be considered puzzles. Once again, surely, you wouldn't say that Grim Fandango should not be discussed outside of some VN general. Old-school point-and-click Adventure games and many VNs are essentially one and the same. VNs with nothing but text and no choices to make are a pretty small subcategory of the genre. Hell, even VNs with no gameplay and an absurd amount of branching paths might be considered a game, since it's essentially navigating a labyrinth with plenty of fail states (it's a puzzle that takes a shitton of time to solve, lest you use guides). Now, just because there is no competetion of agents, in this instance, wouldn't mean it isn't a video game if you classify puzzle games and adventure games as video games. On that point I'll concede that the infographic is strict, but I brought it up all the same as VNs that satisfy its criteria do exist and are not a rarity.

Oh and as an example of a somewhat complex VN, consider School Days and how not trivial it is to avoid a fail state. But there are some with much more complex branching paths.

I deeply thank you user.

I did say 'arguably' user, there are also many puzzle games without branches or failure states (you can just go down the incorrect logical path and back out again without a hard failure message). Hell you can also argue that VNs are a strange variant of puzzle game if you want, I'm open to that line of thought, but then I think you need to define 'puzzle game' differently from 'video-game-largely-about-solving-puzzles-that-don't-have-linear-solutions'.
Actually you're right on the money here: I've always considered Point-and-Click games to hover right on the end of what could actually be considered a game and would, in fact, classify them as broadly the same sort of thing as VNs and then classify them all as some form of linear interactive puzzle-that-isn't-a-video-game. I'm obviously not going to argue they should be banished from Holla Forums but I wouldn't personally mind having them in the VN general; I just don't think anons would like that and at the end of the day what the userbase as a whole wants is more important than adherence to correct classification. One thing to consider about PW and Point-and-click games vs VNs is that their failure states are directly comparable to branching endings, just with the additional idea that you were bad to get that one ending.
Once again yes, I would classify adventure games and 'truly-linear'/single logical path to try and lay this out more clearly I'd probably not count something like The Talos Principle to be 'truly linear' and so it's still a video game, I'll grant this needs some more thought to a correct solution puzzle games as not quite video games: it's the only logical outcome of my earlier thoughts.

tl;dr yes, you are spot on with the inevitable conclusion of my line of thought. I think most don't want to view older adventure games a puzzles or VNs by another name out of nostalgia but they are very much the same thing with a mildly different UI.

They are extremely complicated linear puzzles.

So for this to work you would not, in fact, call VNs, old Adventure 'games' or linear-Puzzle 'games' games. Instead you'd call them all puzzles in the non-vidya sense of the word and define them as interactive puzzles rather than video games (in other words you'd call them puzzles or interactive puzzles but never puzzle games if you wanted to be 100% correct). They'd all belong on Holla Forums as being, even if not strictly video games, highly related subjects. Of course try and explain to fans of shit like Myst that it isn't really a video game and you just get autistic screeching which frankly is why I do not bring it up often and did not bring it up earlier, VN fans are generally a bit less upset about the distinction (this is normal, there's nothing inherently wrong with not being a video game but some faggots seem to take it personally if their favourite adventure game isn't one).

Things like Sengoku Rance are (video) games with VNs in some way woven through their actual gameplay or used as framing devices/storytelling mechanics, best thought of as video games which also include puzzle-storylines.

Finally I think the walls of text we have exchanged on this subject could be used in a diagnosis of autism. I don't think that's too relevant but it's always good to note.

Your autism proves that you are not, in fact, a goon, and I was wrong in assuming that you bore ill intent to this board.

I stand nonetheless with my original position of allowing both a VN general and individual VN threads in the board as they are indistinguishable with vintage Holla Forums material despite the limitations of the genre and I believe that after our lengthy conversation you may at least consider my viewpoint more seriously.

Well better safe than sorry I suppose, as long as you're willing to change an initial impression instead of stick to it it's all fair game.
I'd agree with the following two points:
1. 'VNs' that are actually games like Sengoku Rance are exempt from any worries about duplication (this is, I think, uncontroversial). These threads can have different discussion each time as they're talking about non-solvable gameplay (i.e. subjective opinions) as well as solvable narrative-puzzles (more or less objective facts).
2. The individual VN threads should be about games likely to lead to actual qualitative difference in discussion: if it's just talking about narrative-puzzles then they're 100% solvable in an objective manner and so the discussion can only really about their writing. That should be contained to a single thread (Holla Forums is not /lit/). I mean that thread doesn't necessarily have to be labelled 'VN General', it could just be one thread about a specific VN that then also involves discussion about other VNs, it should just be limited to one at a time. I'd think of it in the same was as similar to how threads for many different tactical shooters would be silly if there's already one for, say, SWAT 4 as discussion of each game is going to be broadly similar. Thus any thread made for one of those games functions as a de facto general for all those similar games without the cancer inherent to a specific general and without the potential annoyance of duplicate threads. Perhaps a clarification of the rule on duplicate threads would be in order since it's really up to the mods how to interpret the current vague wording but I rather doubt Mark is still lurking so good luck on that one.

Enforcing your 2nd rule would be unavoidably subjective and may lead to more shit flinging like in this thread. Otherwise it is fine in terms of reasoning. I merely believe allowing VNs to be discussed with no strings attached can do no harm at this point and would be much easier to moderate, as there barely is any discussion surrounding them as to warrant blatant shitposting like the MOBA threads (which are all essentially the same game, arguably).

Fair enough, I don't think it's a particular problem as it stands now anyway. Mods have to show some degree of discretion in not enforcing rules pointlessly.
Obviously such rules should be applied to all threads (again with a bit of discretion). VNs don't need to be targeted for unfair treatment.

Source? Please tell me it's a hot humiliation doujin

If you're just going to lie, don't bother responding, just bumplock the meta thread and return to your normal circlejerks.

It wasn't vidya related in the slightest, I can take a vote within the team on if we should allow them or not. but it belongs more on Holla Forums and /tg/ then it does Holla Forums.

granted, nu-derp is complete ass, but it was good about 1-2 years ago.

I don't allow cuckchan/template threads, but I allow loli's and Destiny since it's vidya.

Make posting cuckchan images a bannable offense, the crossposters are getting out of hand lately.

get out hiroyuki

Humility is the best tool against them.

And what Holla Forums is doing. Cue the horseshoe theory defense.

This place is fucking 4chan 2.0
I should have left long ago, along with hotweels.

Don't do unto others, faggots.

I guess that HTML tags won't work, right?

Please do vote on this issue. I need to know where I should go with it.

whats the sauce of the loli? the game pls

Truly there is no greater honor.

Germany Simulator.

This is fucking perfect.

And I love being on mobile.