Valve is about to be dethroned from the most played games on steam for the first time since Steam started

Valve is about to be dethroned from the most played games on steam for the first time since Steam started.

Will this have any repercussions on how they manage their business and how they make their games?
Pic related, PUBG is green, CS is yellow, Dota is blue.

No. They don't care, they make money regardless.

Gee, I love discussing games on Holla Forums, thanks for the amazing insights and quality posts

Valve doesn't make games.

That's completely irrelevant to this

It kind of is. I mean a big part of Valve's rise to power was thanks to the excellent PR they garnered for themselves. That's taken a complete nosedive in recent years. They pretty much just have their monopolisation of digital distributions to lean on and who knows how long that'll last.

wait a few months when all of pewdiepies followers move on to a different game

Sure, but this this the first time that they'll actually realize that their top grossing games are not going to be around forever.
Steam does make them a lot of money, but it's just one of the three pillars that keeps their company afloat. Surely the fear of maybe losing the other two could put some fire under their asses.

Yes and?

good fuck the new valve

They re-use everything.

Maybe start by providing some insight, yourself.

They don't give a shit. You still have to buy PUBG on Steam, and it still has hat trading via Market for Valve to milk their shekels. Meanwhile Dota players will keep playing Dota and a new card game is coming up to grab even more cash.

If it's going to overtake ASSFAGGOTS it better do it quickly. Otherwise come October it will nosedive.
Playgrounds comes across as one of these games that is popular cause other games are popular due to live stream bait, sort of how like FNAF's was ridiculously popular for a while and then it's bubble completely burst.

For the first time I don't think this became famous because of streamer bait. I actually think people enjoy the game for some reason

They will release TF3

You're a fucking retard.

Shut the fuck up, you massive faggot.

Quit trying so hard to fit in with passive-aggressive non-posts.

Are you literally retarded?

They take 30% of every sale of every steam game, do you think fucking shit doto was giving they money at all?

>Default maps are atrocious, most of the popular maps are fan-made, but Valve still makes money off of the User-Generated-Content because you have to pay or trade hats for it
From what I've heard, half of this is already on TF2, but I haven't played it since 2013 so I'm just not sure

why would they care?
They make money any time anyone uses their service for a transaction. It doesn't matter to them as long as they stay the only real digital distribution for new releases on the internet

Huh?
Dota makes them as much money as steam at the moment, if that's what you're trying to say.

Well they clearly do love money, I don't think they'd take lightly from making less money by realizing their games will eventually die out.

The amount of money Valve makes on Steam royalties is comparable to the profits from all of their major cash cows combined. And the more popular a competitor being sold on Steam gets, the more money Valve gets. Valve gets significantly more money from selling copies of PUBG than they get from Dota cosmetics. It doesn't matter whether Valve's games win or lose against their competitors in the market. As long as those competitors are on Steam, Valve wins either way.

So you ARE, literally retarded, yeah

Also

Yeah

OP I have some very bad news for you

I forgot

YEAH DOTO IS TOTALLY RELEVANT

?

Only really "shitty memes", Reddit-filled servers (heavily depends on where you go), and forced memes. Game became too tied to its comics instead of the other way around.

Passive-aggressiveness is about an indirect expression of hostility. That post is about as openly hostile as you can get.

But it's published by steam? It's still l their fucking game and they get all the dosh from whatever sales this game makes.
Are you stupid?

you are color blind son

I'm most definitely not

That PUBG game looks like fucking dogshit, PC gaming has become a fucking joke, almost every single little faggot with a Steam account is playing the same shit, either this "competitive" crap or the same handful of heavily modded games like Skyrim. What's the fucking point of owning such a powerful machine if you are going to play the same shitbas everyone else?

There is no point.
The one good thing about pc gaming is that you can run weird experimental games released for free and that you have a solid selection of indie titles.

The "pc is powerful" meme was exclusively pushed by hardware companies so that tards would upgrade their machines even if they don't need it.

Ebin falseflagging fellow consolebros.

Why are you trying to start platform wars?

I love playing on pc and wouldn't have it any other way. PC isn't about big powerful hardware, go take your console war shit somewhere else.

Just fuck off already.
People do build powerful machines and do play good games on them. Hundreds of thousands of children playing FOTM trash on their toasters is not an indicator of anything.

When did I start consolewars shit? I never mentioned consoles to begin with.

Literally the first person to mention consoles.
Also no games push the envelope as far as graphic quality, the only reason for a beefy rig is to play gimped ports with a decent framerate.

I ain't made of money son

Discuss good game instead.

You are either retard or baiting. Probably both.

I can hear the cries of pain through my screen over the $3000 you spend on what is now your new doorstop 3 years later!

Wow that's a really long list of games that currently push graphic fidelity
I stand corrected, great arguing user

there's a few, but they're all console games. there hasn't been a killer PC game that pushes hardware to its limits since uh

crysis in 2007?

definitely didn't push hardware limits. It wasn't really a big jump from even crysis, even then that's still a 6 year old game.

Good arguement

Not having your PC choke on the 250 mods you installed from the Nexus.
That and the 144 hz meme monitors.

That's it, i'm fucking done with this board. Why the fuck was my post deleted but the retard sperging at me and claiming consolewars bullshit isn't? What the fuck is wrong with these retarded vols? Do you niggers even bother reading a report and the context of the post before deleting anything? Fuck you Mark

There is no yellow line in your image, it's orange.

It's a dark yellow, closer to gold than orange

Honestly want an answer for the deletion of my post Mark, i'll be waiting.

But you are, you silly faggot. Consoles are the epitome of paperweights past their run, far more so than a PC. Go look for attention somewhere else you homosexual.

He never even mentioned console you massive sperg. He pointed out how buying a powerful pc is fucking worthless nowadays

Who said anything about consoles?
You just have many cheap doorstops.
You're a dumbASSSSSSSSS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAJAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

For mentioning that my post got deleted, figures

They're obviously solely a consolefag if they think anyone throws 3K into a computer that isn't a retard, either that or an attention starved queer. Sad!

Yeah nice ad hominem faggot, fuck off

How the fuck did my post got deleted for alledged console wars but this triggered moron is still posting?

So what? You're still paying them money to borrow the games.

Yeah, it's not a bubble waiting to burst.

The fact that stream sniping is somehow a bannable offence should.be enough reason to drop the game

I don't think I could care less