Should I buy this?

Should I buy this?
I really, really enjoy the base game, however there doesn't seem to be much game changing stuff in this particular expansion. Even the new update's stuff doesn't seem that interesting apart from the aliens.
However I have experienced pretty much everything in the original game, and I'd enjoy having more variety.

I'm kind of strapped for cash so I can't really throw my money away without thinking about it.
What do anons think about it?

I wouldn't buy it until you can get the base game+horizons for 30 or under.

err or just horizon for 15 or less.

Elite is as wast as an ocean but as deep as a puddle.

Horizon is currently discounted so I guess that's a yes

I really like the dogfighting, I know it's shallow but the gameplay is tight and enjoyable.

it's a no because they're still charging at least 20 dollars for that shit even though they have maybe one patch left of the season.

Yeah but even now the base game goes for the same exact price. It's not gonna go lower than this

Buy star citizen instead.

I think it adds planets or something, but there's nothing to do on the planets. If you play it for the combat, you probably don't need it.

I probably would have if they hadn't fucked up so badly at gamescom
For a moment there I actually believed they could pull everything together at the last moment and show that the thing was actually working, but nope

its currently 33% off on steam

You have to grind excessively to take part in open world PvP. The economy is absurdly shallow. Combat is ok I guess. The graphics and sound are amazing and wasted on this shit game.

Mining is surprisingly relaxing and fun.

It has potential but until they fire Sandro Sammarco, hire real designers, and close down the forums, I don't see it going anywhere good.

You know what ED reminds me of, is games like late stage Tribes Ascend or Planetside 2 where they gate the good vehicles and weapons behind really high grind requirements hoping you'll cave in and pay for microtransactions to skip the grind. ED does this but the microtransactions are all cosmetic so you find yourself seeing the grinders with souped up Engineered ships, and you want to take part in PvP but not grind, so you say "ok Frontier you got me I'll pay" but they don't actually want your money, it's just grind for grind's sake.

Sales of JPG images is a complete game!

NO.
NO.
STAY AWAY.
NO.

This

The game is shit, they, absolute boring dog shit, with every update only making grind worse.
The galaxy is fucking empty and PVP is a joke because people can go offline at any moment during combat with no penalty.

Right, I get it, the point is that I do like the grind in this particular game a lot.

YES!

This is why I do nothing but explore.

Well, if you like grind and are either a NEET or retired then it's a great game. If I was still a NEET I'd probably still play it. But if you don't have shittons of free time I wouldn't recommend it.

It is specifically catered to older retired men, aka forumdads.

Dude, they're just about to start giving out selling cyanide laced kool aid. If you're going to get into a cult, at least get in earlier than that.

just play the countless FOSS ones.