What Hitman games are worth playing?

What Hitman games are worth playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

ioi.dk/the-future-of-ioi/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IO_Interactive
gog.com/promo/20170828_weekly_sale_square_enix
youtu.be/uEu1ONtZVDQ?t=49
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are Agent 47 and Saitama the same person?

The first three are alright (Hitman Agent 47, Silent Assassin, Blood Money).

1 only if you want to see how it started. 2 if you want the hardest one (though partially because of poor design). Contracts as a semi-remake of the first with gameplay more like in Blood Money (generally an improvement) and Blood Money as it pretty much perfected the Hitman formula by allowing more fucking around than 2. It's not quite as hard, but because Hitman is all about fucking around and finding your own solutions, that suits it better. Absolution is casualized, consolized trash and that last one is more or less the same with DRM tacked onto it and an episodic release model.

Blood Money still holds up today, and is varied enough to be regularly replayed. Absolution doesn't stack up well against Blood Money (nothing does, tbh), but it probably gets more hate than it deserves, and is worth a playthrough.

For me, 1 and 2 are a bit too clunky to be enjoyable today, and I generally have a high tolerance for such things.

Surprisingly Hitman (2016)
It's very straight forward and to the point.
Gameplay is like Contracts again except you cant dual weild.

Just Blood Money, unless you become a fan and need more. The earlier games are janky and the later games are shit.

Silent Assassin and Contracts are good but may need some getting used to
Blood Money is easily the best.
Codename 47 is buggy and crash prone. I would only recommend it if you're curious.
Absolution is absolute trash
The latest one suffers from its gimmicks of online connectivity. The levels are absolutely massive but most of the time they are empty. Pirate it if you can otherwise skip it.

that's bullshit.
what do you mean by empty anyway?

blood money and contracts

There are entire sections of levels which aren't used for anything unless you do those shitty online missions.
It doesn't even have cool easter eggs like the old games.

This. Didnt want to pay for another nu-hitman, torrented it, beat it and then bought it for the custom contracts and weapon unlocks.
Reminded me of Blood Money tbh

Blood Money was the 4th. Contracts was the 3rd.

Codename 47 is pretty fun but it shows its age.
Gotta love that music though.

You can't go wrong with playing through most of the series and forgetting Abhorrent ever existed. HITMAN™®© is pretty fun, however the always-online is pretty shitty, takes up a good amount of space in your hard drive and it can get pretty cinematic unless you have a good hardware trying to play it on my 750ti is a pain in the ass.

The levels are designed to be usable for multiple missions, hence the redundancy and unused spaces. The problem is that instead of just giving us a mission editor they packed the whole thing with online cancer.

Blood Money and Contracts are goat

Didn't IO remove the DRM for Hitman 2017 once they broke off from Square?

Dejewvo was removed, but the always-online bullshit was still around the last time I played it.

contracts hitman 2
bloodmoney is stupidly easy
absolution on harder difficulties is ok

enjoy no saving

If you want to start the series play Blood Money or 2 if you want a harder game, then go on to Contracts which is good and remakes some of the first games levels. Absolution was more in tone with the new Splinter Cell games so it was more action orientated and not really Hitman, the story was also abysmal. The 2016 Hitman is pretty good, you can also start here and play the older games if you want.

all the hitmans are good. absolution wasn't great but it was passable and good for a play once and never again

All of the Hitman soundtracks up to Blood Money are fantastic. Codename 47 has fantastic electronic music, bordering on being as good as Vangelis' score of Blade Runner. Hitman 2 has a good amount of both orchestral and electronic music. Contracts had fantastic dark ambient with a good bit of industrial influence. Blood Money retreads what made Hitman 2's soundtrack so great. It is all stellar stuff. Jesper Kyd is the man.

kys nigger

Blood Money> powergap > 2016 if it didn't have shitty DRM business model > Contracts > 2 > 2016 with episodic business model > 1 > huge powergap > shit > Absolution

Blood Money is absolute gold, with the only problem being not enough levels.
Contracts is ok.
The new Hitman game is also alright, but I would wait until it goes on sale or just pirate it.

2016 removed Denuvo after io went independent. It's a pretty solid game and my favorite game to come out this decade. I would complain about many features like Eagle Vision and the handholding for the scripted events, but all of that can be disabled. I'm conflicted on the minimap, because I feel they're intrusive, but the levels are quite complicated. My biggest gripes are how much it's designed around replay value and how Opportunities are. It feels like it's forcing you to come back for those one-time Elusive Targets. On Opportunities, I hate that they're scripted all together, but that's consistent issue with all Hitman games (don't know about Absolution since it's a 3rd person cover shooter.) It's too artificial to my liking.

Start with Blood Money, then play Contracts, then Silent Assassin. Ignore Absolution. Only try, Codename 47 if you had enough autism to enjoy Silent Assassin–even then, you might not like it.
Don't give Square Enix your money for NuHitman.

SE doesn't even own NuHitman anymore, numbnuts. All proceeds go to IO now.

Where are the proofs?

I played the latest one's demo and I really liked it but always online shit made me drop the game. FFS I had connection problems during fucking demo and I even had to play that offline

ioi.dk/the-future-of-ioi/

Nothing in there says that IO gets revenue from NuHitman.

Doesn't owning the IP ensure they get the revenue from the moment they started owning it ? I'm not knowledgable in that area so I'm just spitballing.

The fact that they broke off from Square and are able to sell Hitman how they want (like removing Denuvo) is proof they get all revenue now.

It would depend on the specifics of their deal with SE. IO retained the rights to the IP, but SE could still have retained the rights to NuHitman specifically–assuming they're not retards, I would bet that's what they did.

It does, that user doesn't know how ownership works.

Removing Denuvo was IO's decision?

Oh, so you're just guessing after all.

Which means they get a cut of the sales.

Yes.
Denuvo, episodic, PS4 exclusive contracts were all SE's ideas.

The phrase on its own is too vague to know. It could simply mean that IO is allowed to make future games under the "Hitman" title and branding without getting sued, or it could mean that SE no longer has any rights to any of the Hitman games. We just don't know.

NuHitman was also cracked, which could be the reason for Denuvo's removal. Do you have a source, or are you just guessing?

Please do your research:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IO_Interactive

Yes they own Hitman. Yes they get all revenue from sales.

It's a guess, because I don't believe that dev with a huge publisher has that much of a say.
And episodic was because they leaked alpha footage and it got interest so SE just wanted to test the waters for episodic release in general.

That leaves more room for interpretation than you seem to think.
Later, when I have the time, I'll go look at SE's notice of extraordinary loss that they published when they divested IO. That's probably the best place to get an accurate idea of the deal's specifics.
Also, I remember, after that notice came out, retards saying that SE had taken a huge loss on NuHitman, when "extraordinary loss" in business terms just means that a company has sold or liquidated a part of its operations. It was amusing.

2016 was surprisingly good for a modern Hitman, especially after Absolushit. I'm conflicted on the opportunities, on one had they're pretty fun and add some unique ways to carry out assassinations and they provide a bit of incentive to replay the levels, but on the other hand, they really do hold your hand "go here, do this, etc." At least you can turn all the hand holding shit off in this one, though. The only downer is the always online bullshit that you need if you want challenges, unlocks and user created contracts.

IO has stated that they now own all rights to Hitman. See

>"we will keep all of the rights to the Hitman IP. "
>"we have complete control over the direction for our studio and the Hitman IP "

They removed denuvo the same time they got rid of the episodic model and made it a complete game, almost immediately after the split from square. Hitman was cracked well before that.

Then why is SE still selling Hitman on their store?

Still waiting on an answer to this.

To make money off of it, obviously.

I would've loved more freedom in killing the targets. It's always ends up with those scripted ways the makers of the game has made for you to kill your target.

Would've loved to set up some kind of advance trap and shit like that.

The classic hitman games are on sale on GOG right now

gog.com/promo/20170828_weekly_sale_square_enix

My point exactly. Buying NuHitman is giving your money to Square Enix.

2, Contracts, and Blood Money.
Contracts is a "Greatest hits collection" for Hitman 1.

If you buy from their store yeah they get a cut not unlike how steam gets a cut from every sale. The development studio never get 100% of the money unless they 1. Have a publishing department 2. Have their own platform 3. The customers buy from it. To tick all 3 boxes would pretty much mean a 1st party game like a sony game on a sony console sold exclusively through PSN or valve release a game exclusively on steam.

Think of Ubisoft and their Uplay. They probably make 100% of the money (besides taxes n' shit of course) if you buy from the uplay store but you can still buy their games on consoles, physical retailers, digital retailers, amazon, steam etc. They still have Far Cry games on gog, so gog take a cut there.

For nuHitman, buying on steam and shit doesn't give SE anymore money… they washed their hands of IO because it's not making mad bucks like they're used to.

If SE didn't have any more rights with respect to Hitman, they wouldn't be legally permitted to sell NuHitman. Read the thread.

First one is all right for when it came out. Second one is pretty good and hard. Contracts I don't remember. Blood Money was one of the best games I ever played. Absolution is total shit. The new one I didn't play because I won't give them money for "episodic content".

tl;dr; play Blood Money

wait, the NuHitman is not episodic anymore?

silent assassin and 2016 now its got all its shit, removed denuvo and its dirt cheap. both are fantastic.

Contracts is (unsurprisingly) a middle ground between Silent Assassin and Blood Money. It's pretty damn good.

They put out everything in one package, removed Denuvo, kept the retarded always-online component, and called it "Season One," for ultimate Jewry.

None of the elements in themselves are bad. What's bad is arbitrarily disabling them when you're not connected to the Internet.
Can't you still only access your unlocks if you're online?

it's $60 on steam
Ill wait till its $20

2016 won't be $20 for a while. If you pick it up at around $35, I don't think you'll feel disappointed or ripped off.

not being able to save is what makes abosolution bad

I hope you're kidding, buddy

Wait Hitman 2016 removed Denuvo? So I could put it on my SSD without ruining it?

if you're dumb enough to blow that much money on a drive why would you be afraid to use it. Might as well stop playing videogames because they eat RAM and make you have to replace your sticks more often. you're like those dumbass 14 year olds who buy $200 shoes and get mad if someone leaves a single mark on the toe while you're standing in the middle of a field

poe's law bro

No you need to unlock them online, and then they're accessible offline.
which itself is pretty fucking dumb

Legality doesn't even come into it niggah. It's just a business deal that IO & SE made when they split. "We'll still sell the game on our store for X amount of time but won't add season 2. You'll get X amount of the cut."

IO, needing money, obviously said yes. IO would lose nothing by having their game listed in SE's store and the same goes for SE, why have less products on their store that people might buy? It's not like they want to hurt each other's profits.

I recently beat the first 3 Hitman games and they're not too good. The first one might be the best except for the pointlessly long levels and the 2nd game worst. Lots of glitches in all of them.

Do you have brain damage?

It's not if they agreed that SE would continue selling the game on their store. Legally. Get it? Do you really fucking think a company as big as SE would just sell shit they're not allowed to and face potentially millions of dollars in legal punishment?

Did I say that? No. I was suggesting what the split deal was. You may not think Season 2 is coming but IO sure as fuck do and I'm sure they factored that into the split with SE. Unless you honestly think SE are interested in selling Season 2 on their store? They're the ones who triggered the split ffs, they don't want anything more to do with the future of hitman or IO.

At the time there was nothing really like them. Hiding in plain sight was a foreign gameplay comcept back then and it took nearly a decade before anyone else even attempted something similar. To be honest, we still haven't had a proper hide in plain sight game. All we got was Ass Creed which is not really that, it's just a parkour GTA. Hiding in plain sight is too ambitious commercially, technologically and in design. Hence why even IO can't keep up doing it correctly with nuHitman.

Nigga wat. It's one of the best. And I don't remember any serious glitches. I played it this year extensively.

The compression on that image disgusts me.

that's actually camera grain and maybe a poor filter. FINNA fix that for you fam.

stop

Also

The first mission in Hitman 2 felt more like italy despite nuHitman's graphics advantage, simple because there's nothing but americans everywhere in nuHitman.

true, it should have been full of muslims

i see you've never played any hitman before

the fuck does that even mean? sound never stood out in any of the games

things that never happened and i notice you also never played blood money, my favourite hitman game for retarded ai decisions

all toggleable

grasping for straws at this point

you know except for a silent takedown that leads into dragging right away compared to a knockout from behind that people nearby can hear

cause all the money was blown on having the original VA for 47 and you think IO has a lot more budget than it does considering it was probably drastically reduced after absolution

You can tell that she's absolutely slathered in makeup, and that in reality her face is ugly as dog shit. How people will ever find shit like that attractive is a mystery to me.

All of them niggah

It means the technology used to output the sound is fucking awful or set up wrong. You can hear conversations way too far away even when you're in an extremely crowded area. These conversations are often too long and not relevant and you have to hear them every fucking time you play the map. They also have a weird filter on them that makes it sound like they're talking out of a cardboard box.

Silenced gunshots sound like fucking bat farts. There's no weight or power to loud ones and they all sound the same where as every single weapon in previous hitman games had distinct sounds even down to what silencer was on them. Also gunsound volume overall is very tame. Even when set up multiple hostiles to shoot, it all just sounds like mild banging.

There's no footstep sounds for 47 or NPCs. Instead you get movement noise which is essentially just the clothes, belts and other gear the costume 47 is wearin gmight make. It's too loud, though. The volume levels for everything in the game is complete fuck.

youtu.be/uEu1ONtZVDQ?t=49

Too bad you can't toggle the game's design which is built entirely around them. Remember when NPCs would make expressions and motions showing how they were suspicious of you? And how key NPCs were 'enforcers' to certain disguises? All gone. Replaced by dots over heads on random NPCs that have no business seeing through disguises and make no natural expression of suspecting you. Gotta listen for that shitty fuzz noise and watch for dots, mini map etc.

Oh sorry that literally the only way to reliably get a sniper to an appropriate spot is now gone. Now you have to either steal a guard disguise and carry it on your fucking back or on pro mode literally Sam Fisher your way to the sniping spot where at that point it'd be easier to kill your target in literally any other way.

It's not silent people nearby can still hear. The difference between chokehold and wire alert distance is neglible. If you're that close range to other NPCs they're going to turn around immediately because the visual range on NPCs for attack animations bumps up about 1000%. So if they even get a slight view from the side of their head at you doing that, they'll 180 and compromise you.

As a consumer I don't give a fuck what IO blows their money on or WHY anything is the way it is. All I know is that the game seems absolutely fucking ridiculous when nobody speaks the native language. Every fucking NPC is a tourist. I heard a Thai hotel worker say in the most british accent ever "Ah whose trowin' stuff you could smash someone's ed' in y'know" when reacting to a distraction throw. It was the dumbest fucking thing i've ever heard in a video game and that's saying something.

if you aren't serious then hitman blood money.

the original hitman is more like a relic, similar to AoE1 -> AoE2.

Hitman Silent Assassin and Hitman Contracts is what the franchise use to be. blood money got consolized so badly, but is still fun to dick around in.
absolution is gay shit and the newest one seems to be an extension on the same principal.

i missed 47 when he was just known as some heartless bald killer clone with some backstory.

You know Silent Assassin and Contracts were on console too, right?

Blood money is the best overall in terms of mechanics and replayability. Hitman 2016 comes second but there's no ignoring the always online DRM bullshit, even on a pirated version, because quite a bit of content is locked off unless you're online. Contracts has the best atmosphere but it's mechanically lacking compared to the newer games, especially in the AI department. Silent assassin is basically Contracts but worse. Haven't played the original.

Absolution is complete and utter shit. It's one of those cases where Holla Forums isn't exaggerating at all. It's really that bad.

dis nigga rite

apparently there is for you since it doesn't have denuvo anymore. did blood money have online contracts for you to do? no? then why the fuck do you care? the only thing you can consider extra content is elusive targets but those are all done. all thats left is custom contracts people make. your whole rant comes off as whining that you didn't buy a game and feel burned by it

Actually literally the ability to see your game progress or use anything other than default loadout gear & weapons is restricted unless you're online to unlock them and have the privledge to see your game stats.

There's also 2 different save systems. Online & offline. If your net drops, their servers drop or something happens with steam then you get sent offline and can no longer make 'online' saves and finishing the mission won't unlock any challenges or rewards. If you try to load back to it later it'll be an offline save and still 'invalid'. Do not understimate the levels of cancer that the online DRM and design that nuHitman suffers.

called acoustics and sound ~technology~

wow you made someone suspicious placing things in front of them and then stand there awkwardly staring. this is such dumb AI

you know people verbally let you know they're getting suspicious in the game basically you're just mad you're shit at a game because people in it act more realistic than waving their wands going "BOY THAT LOOKS REAL SUSPICIOUS"

oh shit call the cops, you telling me you have to stealth in a stealth game!?

im telling you its not negligible since every inch and second counts, if not the sound suppression for the fact you go straight into a dragging animation instead of having to faff about walking over the body and pressing a key and waiting for 47 to pick up an arm or leg to drag

your whole argument if your dumb and you don't want to think

servers dropped for me once for like an hour in the entire time i played the game. also unlocks carry over to singleplayer save. the whole game can be beaten without unlocks so i dont understand your butt tears other than again, complaining you didn't pay for a game so you feel angry at your stolen goods

It doesn't sound like anything in real life or in any other video game. It's fucked up. The range you can hear them from and the shitty filter they try to make it seem like it's far away. Sound doesn't work like that. They just want you to hear all the dumbass lines they recorded because they think they're all so witty when it's actually just dumbass American accents saying some of the stupidest shit in recent gaming history.

People don't, the game does with a weird noise pitch. Once they've 'suspected' you, your rating gets hurt. They don't make any natural sound, expression or movement until after the fact (when it doesn't fucking matter since you're already compromised).

Yeah, it is dumb that it could ever fucking lead to you getting shot at. They should just say something relevant and perhaps keep an eye trained on you, not run to the first person they can find with a firearm. The only time putting something as harmless as a coin on a table should ever fucking get the player in trouble is if it's in a mission like the Lee Hong Assassination or Amendment XXV where your target is of such high important that a bloody fart would set them or their detail into alert.

It's a stealth action series. Always has been.

If an inch or a second counts then any other gear/strategy is better. There's no situation where you can only get a melee take-down silently with the wire. There's other options and ways to distract or time your kill better. And I'd bet every single one of them is worth sacrificing the wire for some other better tool.

What? Niggah learn English.

WORKS FOR ME™

ONLINE unlocks carry over to offline after a year-late update. You still need to be online to unlock it in the first place. That's one of the fucking issue people have with online DRM for this and many other games.

As can every game in the series and yet collecting and using weapons to vary & refine your strategy has been a stable of the series to the point that the top 3 games in the series had dedicated gun ranges with all your obtained weapons & gear stacked nicely on display.

That's because you're dumb as a pile of bricks.

Never mentioned paying/not paying for the game or anything related to that. But pic related. Got it on sale for €25. I don't regret it, but I wouldn't recommend anyone else buy it unless it's at that price or less and with great consideration for the cancerous online design.

Holy shit. You're actually a shill, aren't you? A real one. I didn't think they were actually real, but there's really no other explanation for this.

Codename 47's music was awesome.
Which reminds me, a lot of the charm of the first game was the atmosphere. Gameplay was good (interface was incomplete but manageable) but it was the kind of stuff you were expected to do, the sights, the people…

Silent Assassin was my favorite, followed by Blood Money, then Contracts. Never played the 1st or newest though.

Hitman Silent Assassin is GOAT though, highly recommended.

Asking yet again:
Has the latest Hitman been hacked to allow all the online-only content offline yet in the pirated version?

I don't know.

Honestly I really loved some of the more tense missions it had. Especially that amazing Lee Fong assassination.
Pretty much my only gripes with the game is the level on the docs(the one with the nuclear submarine) and the final level. I even kind of liked the level where you had you clear out a warehouse, including the dogs, and then had to hide the bodies and do a deal.

I'm pretty sure what makes Absolution bad is enemies being able to spot you, through your disguise, from across the level.

The lack of a proper save function was obnoxious, too, though.

2 is objectively the best out of all of them. The beauty of figuring out how to get a perfect silent assassin on all of them has never been replicated for me on any of the other releases. I stopped purchasing them after Absolution though since it was absolute trash and I was severely disappointed in the direction they took it in.