Luke Barnes
Luke Barnes

all my least favorite gameplay mechanics from other FPS games
ehhhhhhhhh

Cameron Torres
Cameron Torres

Is this tribes
<No its not
Tfw there will not be another tribes game before at least a decade or more.
Tfw Tribes ascend was better with the classes and Hi-rez just ruined everything with their giving up update.
Fuck the fast life, these scrubs couldn't even make a tribes game.

Benjamin Myers
Benjamin Myers

Is going Fast your least favorite mechanic?
shill
This isn't the OW general

Juan Gutierrez
Juan Gutierrez

Ummmm, what the hell just happened here ?

Nolan Wright
Nolan Wright

I miss fast. Too bad Holla Forums is filled with casual shits who think Overwatch is competitive shooter or else this game might be as fun as Tribes was and as active.

Lincoln Davis
Lincoln Davis

Wow look a game that's going to be dead in t-minus 20 minutes

Tyler Foster
Tyler Foster

Ummm
Why do you have to act like a faggot user?

Colton Hernandez
Colton Hernandez

It will be F2P so it won't be dead if Holla Forums isn't filled with casual faggots

Jeremiah Cooper
Jeremiah Cooper

Overwatch and mobile games such as GB are here to stay. Reported.

Noah Nelson
Noah Nelson

pointing loaded guns with no trigger discipline at the camera man
Dude is either a brain damaged nigger, or has balls of steel.

Charles Parker
Charles Parker

Of course they are. Our BO is a like after all.

Jace Jones
Jace Jones

I meant to say filthy money grubbing penis slicing kike

Owen Wright
Owen Wright

muh jooooooooooooooooos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're ruining this board, leave.

Jason Murphy
Jason Murphy

No user, you are the cancer.

Brayden Ross
Brayden Ross

Actually wanting vidya discussion makes me cancer now?

Juan Powell
Juan Powell

Of course a blizzdrone would defend kikes

Chase Davis
Chase Davis

I don't like the artstyle. They're just dudes with jetpacks.
Tribes had at least some character with sandraker scum, shazbot, and different looking power armor.

Isaac Morgan
Isaac Morgan

Disgusting postmodern indie shit art style with no textures

They just had to find a way to fuck it up didn't they

Kevin Gutierrez
Kevin Gutierrez

I blame the (((comfy))) meme.

Owen Flores
Owen Flores

all these rookie developers that think the base Tribes was fun
implying people didn't love it for the mods
I want the newbloods to leave

Easton Carter
Easton Carter

The modded weapons and vehicles were kickass

I remember using a vehicle that launched 10 heat seeking mortars (after a long charge up period) that instantly destroyed everything in the enemy base and I made this face in a "hell yeah" sort of way

Aiden Hernandez
Aiden Hernandez

Looks like the gameplay is breaking the law of gravity.

Jacob Rodriguez
Jacob Rodriguez

All these halfcucks shitting up a Fast thread
Fucking board is slowly dying, hopelly half of this cancer goes back to college or back to Hiroshimas shithole

Grayson Williams
Grayson Williams

Hey guys can we please stop insulting Overwatch please
Guys can we not say offensive things like jew or fag
I don't say this often but you are the most reddit of reddit I have ever seen.

Evan Morales
Evan Morales

The graphics are going to be improved as the game gets worked on. These aren't the final graphics.

Liam Price
Liam Price

no webm
Hello, operator? Yes, I would like doubles.

Hudson Sullivan
Hudson Sullivan

If anyone is wondering, the physics feel pretty close to t1/t2:c.

ps. map editor coming

Justin Edwards
Justin Edwards

You're ruining this board
This has to be bait I don't even know what else I could say

Jackson Fisher
Jackson Fisher

Stop replying to cuckchan crossposting retards trying to he "ebin trollz"
Fuck

Adam Sanchez
Adam Sanchez

Ok this has to be bait

Nicholas Evans
Nicholas Evans

You don't even know what the point of using the webms were do you? I hate you newfags trying to fit in.

Aiden Foster
Aiden Foster

implying i haven't been going fast since november of last year

Matthew Flores
Matthew Flores

Look guise muh COD but with Mechs
I personally know the head developer of this game and yet I still wont defend it. It's not fast user. Take your COD clones back to neogaf.

Gavin Ross
Gavin Ross

calling Titanfall a COD clone
Is every first person game that you don't like a COD clone to you autists? Just like how Lawbreakers is an Overwatch clone because we all know Overwatch was the first game to do character classes.

Nolan Hill
Nolan Hill

free to play
30 bux to get into closed beta
I guess I'm waiting on open beta.

Asher Wright
Asher Wright

My boy

Colton Rodriguez
Colton Rodriguez

It's cod based on the gunplay. The gunplay is COD. You would know that if you played other FPS. let me explain
Iron sights that make you go slower
Low TTK
Regening health

Joseph James
Joseph James

Oh and
Taunt kill bullshit

Dominic Young
Dominic Young

Hold on what's wrong with taunt kills?

Liam Morales
Liam Morales

Hang yourself even for thinking about playing titanfall after that massive forced "viral" campaign for that garbage first game.

Leo Walker
Leo Walker

Most weapons in the game don't require ADSing to be good.

Wyatt Evans
Wyatt Evans

EA game
hows that cock taste

Mason Young
Mason Young

Nice.

Ian Cook
Ian Cook

Faggots like you from /leftypol/ are and dont give me that crap about not being from there because you use their exact lingo.
Very nice

Robert Myers
Robert Myers

is it shit?

Leo Russell
Leo Russell

Titanfall 2 is lacking in all the usual EA cancer, barring Origin which isn't as horrible as it used to be.

Cooper Perez
Cooper Perez

don't care about colorful toys, sorry

Landon Robinson
Landon Robinson

the people who made a CoD so good it ruined the industry did, in fact, make another game with similar mechanics
CoD doesn't have grappling hooks, holograms

The CoD-style gameplay in Titanfall is only a third of the triangle, the other two being titans and AI forces; these three are mixed depending on the game mode, but because there's so much more than just the CoD gameplay it's missing a lot of the inbred "tech" and exploits which made CoD so cancerous. I think it was Modern Warfare 3 in which players realized looking down would reduce your profile, so the best way to roll out from your spawn was with your face in the dirt; the enemy couldn't shoot you if you were behind a chest-high wall because your head and shoulders wouldn't be peeking over.

What this meant is the entire meta for people who cared was to memorize a dozen rollouts like plays in a football handbook, and try to out-gimmick each other by peeking polygons around corners and abusing scenery which did or didn't have collision detection on it.

Titanfall 2 doesn't have anything even resembling that. There are certainly rollouts to get from spawn to the point/flag/middle of the map fastest, but the whole game is a lot more fluid than CoD ever was or is. If you dislike CoD-like gameplay I'm sure I won't change your mind, but this is the best CoD-like game on the market until they (hopefully) make a sequel.

taunt kills
I would love to know what your problem with these is.

Ian Russell
Ian Russell

(sampled)

Adrian Reed
Adrian Reed

Very nice, well done.

Blake Nguyen
Blake Nguyen

It takes the control out of the way of the player to basically make a cutscene to show how cool they are.

Sebastian Evans
Sebastian Evans

I'm at that point where not a single cent is going to certain companies anymore.
while EA for the most part has become less a giant faggot like they use to be all the time for a good amount of the time and have been better then before currently to a point where nintendo has made EA look better for how bad nintendo has become.
maybe I'm just being stingy or maybe I my self am being a giant faggot and not supporting decent games I still gonna stand by this way for a long time.
hell the last game I bought was a dam nep game LAST year.

Ryder Nelson
Ryder Nelson

CoD doesn't have grappling hooks, holograms
Except it does. Even then that hardly changes the core mechanics.

Jeremiah Walker
Jeremiah Walker

You can hip fire even the smgs halfway across the map and hit most of your shots, the ads in Titanfall game is really just useful on things like sniper rifles and a few groups of weapons that have horrible hip fire accuracy for everything else the ads function is superficial at best.

Aiden White
Aiden White

well shit, i never knew that insurgency was a cod clone

Hunter Miller
Hunter Miller

EA shills coming into a FAST thread

Joseph Anderson
Joseph Anderson

I didn't know Insurgency had fast health regen. If it is then it's shit.

Mason Thomas
Mason Thomas

meant for Slightly altering the accuracy doesn't make it no longer a COD clone user.

Alexander Cruz
Alexander Cruz

There is no point in arguing with you, you're clearly retarded.

Cooper Turner
Cooper Turner

Take gameplay but add mechs and slightly tweak things
IT'S NOT LIKE COD AT ALL DESPITE PLAYING LIKE IT AND HAVING THE SAME DEVS
Yeah user, you have never played an Arena shooter, FPS-Z or even Halo if you think COD with Mechs is drastically different from COD.

Mason Flores
Mason Flores

WTF this isn't xonotic

Jack Garcia
Jack Garcia

It's hard to actually discuss anything about the game yet, considering it's early access for 30 dollars. I think OP would have been much more successful if he made a thread once it was out or at least during open beta, or posted some webms or didn't make this thread twice.

Joseph Watson
Joseph Watson

fpsz
Lawbreakers completely allowed freedom of movement on the z axis, but that's an Overwatch clone isn't it?

Jackson Brown
Jackson Brown

Looks like the graphics will be improved later on and they are still adding stuff. The people who played it said it felt a lot like Tribes 2. I wont spend 30$ on a game that is in early access but I will play it with Holla Forums when it is out.

Hudson Phillips
Hudson Phillips

Completely allowed
It didn't. Only certain map sections did. It's ability ASSFAGGOTS bullshit makes it a OW clone more than anything else.

Zachary Cook
Zachary Cook

Abilities are literally just class unique weapons bound to key press, arguing that something is a clone of OW solely based on the fact the game has abilities is like arguing that TF2 is a clone of Overwatch. Dirty Bomb did the whole class ability way before OW anyways, and it still plays nothing like OW. You sound like you haven't played any of the games you like you call clones. I have probably played every multiplayer fps game under the sun and the only thing I would ever consider a clone is Paladins and the 100th shitty asain fps the just directly copies all of the mechanics from CSGO.

Isaac Stewart
Isaac Stewart

TF2 is a clone of Overwatch
No, Tf2 came out first and doesn't have abilities. Overwatch took a lot of classes and gamemodes from Team Fortress though.
Abilities are just weapons tied to a button
Except using a gun generally takes skill and isn't on a timer. They put it in to copy OW.

Christopher Ross
Christopher Ross

congrats

Gabriel Miller
Gabriel Miller

only 16v16
no helmets
I'm not buying this.

Jose Long
Jose Long

Holla Forums's been waiting ages for a new tribes-like

thread devolves to crying about shills and bitching about other FPSs

You fucks are determined to not be happy.

Xavier Hughes
Xavier Hughes

only 16v16
There's no way they would cripple themselves like that, would they?

Hudson Cruz
Hudson Cruz

Old Holla Forums has been wanting a new Tribes game for years
Newfags cry that it's not like their new kiddie games

Dominic Fisher
Dominic Fisher

Would buy and play but
30$
to much.

Thomas Foster
Thomas Foster

It's going to be free to play in 2 months and that is what I am waiting for. They are doing this closed beta thing because they promised that backers would get to play the beta before everyone else.
I might buy it if the game has a decent community behind it. Anyone know what the servers are currently like?

Eli Roberts
Eli Roberts

last thread about Midair when I came here yesterday was called shilling and removed
I fucking hate this site so much.
I'm genuinely interested but I'll wait for full release which will be free-to-play (according to the comments, that will be Q1 next year.)

Ayden Gonzalez
Ayden Gonzalez

OH LOOK FAGGOTS TIME TO GO FAST AGAIN!
Fuck yeah!
Midair
Okay
Early Access
Why must you hurt me like this OP?

Christopher Perez
Christopher Perez

Don't you see user, it's shilling when a non AAA game gets talked about. That is why the constant Overwatch and TitanFall generals are ok but this game isn't and must be removed..

Liam Richardson
Liam Richardson

Full release in Q1 next year, open beta in November I think. If you buy Early Access you get a progression pass when it releases (you get everything, forever.) I've followed the project for a while and I am confident that the devs will not fuck up. (but not confident enough to buy EA, not yet.)

If you ask me all generals should be removed along with WebM and LOL. This thread was on page 4 and I had to scroll through a bunch of weeb trash, AAA shit and mobile games before reaching here.

Camden Young
Camden Young

The devs seem pretty good but I am scared that it will be mostly dead. As long as people on Holla Forums play it then it wont though.

Julian Stewart
Julian Stewart

That's always a risk. But continued support will eventually build up a solid community, and free to play will no doubt bring in many players as there is nothing to scratch that FPS-Z itch aside from it that is actively developed.

Bentley Brooks
Bentley Brooks

Anyone who own the game here? How is it? Can you screenshot the servers so I can see how active it is?

Grayson Richardson
Grayson Richardson

Use Steamcharts.
steamcharts.com/app/439370
I'd wait for F2P but there seems to be more than enough players to play.

Robert Richardson
Robert Richardson

isn't as horrible as it used to be
isn't as horrible
as horrible
horrible

I guess the cock taste good.

James Gray
James Gray

What They said:

It looks like overwatch and therefore its shit, if that one user was right and that they'll change it, then its worth a consideration

Landon Myers
Landon Myers

I'd be happier if they let me paste in Tribes models, but that would probably undercut their F2P cosmetic microtransaction business model. Still, if they're offering a full progression unlock for $30 from launch, they're already a step ahead of Hi-Rez. From the trailer, it looks like movement and weapons behave about as expected, but if I had a taste of the gameplay to see how it handles in practice, I'd be willing to buy in now. As it is, I'll probably have to wait for F2P to be convinced.

It's not like there's another game like this on the market currently, so if they get it right they stand to earn a loyal following. My only major concern is what happens down the road when revenue dries up and they start pandering to the lowest common denominator to keep the thing running.

Henry Hill
Henry Hill

How come AAA trash like Overwatch and Titanfall have been on the front page for days but a semi decent looking game gets no discussion? Did Hotwheels shilling on reddit actually work?

Liam Campbell
Liam Campbell

And yet the Overwatch threads actually have tons of replies.

Matthew Watson
Matthew Watson

What do you expect. People here judge games based on looks and not the actual game.

Adam Reed
Adam Reed

It's been going on all week, I'm not sure what drew in the new crop

Sebastian Mitchell
Sebastian Mitchell

Gets small but loyal community from Holla Forums and a few other websites to play the game daily
It's enough for the game to survive and update
That's all I want.

Angel Butler
Angel Butler

Looks like tribes fucked overwatch and this popped out of overwatches pussy

Ryan Myers
Ryan Myers

The only similarities is that they both have a shit art style. Besides that this game looks like it might have gameplay faster than a sick snail.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit