Edgy games

More specifically games were the protagonist is an angsty edgelord or at least has the ability to be one.

Getting these three out of the way.

This comes to mind.

cmon son

I never played it because I heard it was shit. I still kind of want to try it though.

Squall is probably the most angsty PC that wasn't written as an outright parody.

Just forced myself to play through both a few months ago, would not recommend at all. Possibly the least competent God of War clones in existence, packed to the brim with bugs, crashing, and criminally bad gameplay.

I actually really liked it when it came out, I remember being really impressed by all the force powers, ragdolls and the lightsaber feeling really good to use
Haven't played it in years though

For years I've been bothered by the FUCKING RETARDS that keep claiming Cloud was the edgiest FF lead in the series, when he was barely edgy at all.
Advent Children was the worst mistake of this era

Cloud might not be edgy but his character makes no fucking sense, he's worse than Squall in many ways

Did you play it on a console? Supposedly they're less broken than the disastrous PC ports, which are what I slogged through.

I agree, I think you could best explain the minor "edgy" traits Cloud has (seemingly detached, awkward and uncaring) as a mild form of autism caused by the severe Mako poisoning and the Jenova cell injections.

Yeah, played it on PS3, that was probably it

All Kingdom Under Fire games, particularly crusaders and heroes since they let you play these two edgelords. Haven't played circle of doom but I've heard its pretty edgy.

reminder that the overwhelming majority of angsty shit Squall says is exclusive to the English (((localization)))

Is blood borne edgy? . . . I don't think it is to be honest.

arguably Mustard Chef and Arbys are both pretty edgy
Kratos from GoW for sure
Kain from Blood Omen

Any Norse leader from CK2 is edgy af by today's standards if you play the game correctly and hold Blots, same for any Slavic king if you choose to sacrifice your own flesh to the gods

You can even see the edge on some of their covers.

Can someone exactly define edgy as it is now? I think the word has been used over and over in situations that has nothing to do with it, & its sort of losing its meaning.

It's just trying to be badass and coming off as laughable and immature.

how is bayonetta edgy

She makes my edge hard.

The Japs truly are the kings of gideo vames.

*over

Shadow and Donte are only ones posted itt that actually fit. At least from games that I played.

Notimportant is not edgy.
Revan is not edgy even if you go full dark side.
Dude from Shut Wookie The Fuck Up tries to act edgy at time, but fails.
Squall is antithesis of edgy. He's hardcore lawful good motherfucker doing his job no matter what.
Cloud is only edgy at the very beginning of the original FF7 and drops it after couple of hours.
Bayo is not edgy.
Best snake is not edgy.
Worst snake has one short edgy moment and he just plays it up for the cool factor.

You fucks just don't seem understand what edgy means.
I haven't played SMT4 or KUF though, maybe those fit.

Dagda was right.

I fucking hate Nanashi's design in Apocalypse so much. Everyone else looks in the game looks so fucking normal (see pic) while he has the dumbest shit hairstyle and glowing green markings. When they first revealed him I thought he was some punk girl. But he's not. They could've chosen any other colour for his markings, or hell, just go full black/green like Demifiend.

I hate it even more than Flynn's stupid fucking hair. Fuck I hate the two main characters in SMTIV.

In SMT4 there are dialogue choices, you can choose to be edgy or not.

Probably the best route is the non-edgiest one where you ally with your friends, but it's up for debate. The route where you kill everyone and destroy everything to start anew has advantages and disadvantages too.

While I still like the gameplay and setting, the writing isn't good.

i wish that MGSV was even a quarter as edgy as its promo material lead us to believe it would be

This.

Why?

Step aside kids

First time making a webm… I definitely fucked something up given the file size, but I'm going to post it anyway

this joy poping murderboing slut

I'm still upset that dark 2kat wasn't a viable build. They even brought back the spiked armor to make yourself even edgier but the build just isn't good.

I remember seeing a description of this game and trying it in emulator, but by god the gameplay was stiff.

It was stiff as fuck indeed, but a pretty good game at the time. Two is animu as fuck with stupid crystals floating around for no good reason.

It's called tongue in cheek you mongoloid.

Edgy refers to the edge of appropriateness. Basically being both under the impression that what you're doing is in someway offensive while also being under the impression that this makes it cool or funny (emphasis on cool though when Holla Forums uses the term). Self-awareness is an important part of this though.

*appropriateness* varies from person to person.
As you can see in this thread many consider MGS:R, ff8 and dork souls edgy.

hello Holla Forums

HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW YOU EMO FUCK?

Agree with you on the rest but
WHAT?

video games are garbage, edgy or not.

Neither Heller nor Mercer are really edgy though.

Very edgy. Not bad

Mercer was visually edgy and some of his dialogue was a little edgy. It fit with the gameplay and setting though.

I can't speak for the sequel because I didn't touch it. Damned if I'll play as a nigger.

It probably still applies, but I can't help but think the guy as anything but a pathetic loser.

His character sucked ass regardless. And they shat on Mercer to boot. Gameplay was alright though.

Specter of Torment

bump

Man, i love games that pull this off naturally, without thinking too hard about it.

really makes you think huh grumpfcucks

clearly we need more diverse villains :^)

People think that anything "edgy" is something that's slightly dark, when "edgy" should be something over the top and offensive like this.

Holy shit thank you for this, I needed something actually fun to play.

Have fun

The first one is edgy in the good, 90s way. The second one, not so much.

This, though it's a garbage game.

Wouldn't call that edgy, user. I played it once, it was pretty fun but it's fucking huge in file size. It's a bunch of other mods, maps and resources patched together, and a lot of it is probably lost on non-Italians.

I will never understand the dislike of Prototype 2, yeah you play as a nigger and they did shit on the story, but it was still fun as the first game if not a bit better then again its been a long time since I've played 1 so I may need to