You live in the timeline where the best platformer on Nintendos current console is the latest Sonic the Hedgehog game

You live in the timeline where the best platformer on Nintendos current console is the latest Sonic the Hedgehog game

What a strange time we live in.

Are there even other platformers on switch though ?

That in and of itself is also a horrible truth user.

How do I get to the timeline where this happens?

Shantae is an action platformer. Other than that, I'm not sure. I wouldn't consider Slime-san to be a platformer, but some other people probably would.

is this shit gonna get a physical release or what

Not even the Collector's Edition has a physical copy.

That's until Mario Odyssey.

I don't know how to feel about this.

Merge of nintendo and sega is not good. We will lose all pc sega multiplats and yakuza series won't be so good looking on switch and later nintendo consoles, as it is on ps4.

.better than odyssey
user. Maybe for your autistic OC loving kids, but not for the most people.

ITS HAPPENING, 90'S CONSOLE WARRRRRRRRRRR

There was a chinese sonic game for nes, that was better than any given mario, so it's nothing new.

No retard. That's a shitty idea.

That's an amazing idea, especially if their Nintendo systems have beefy fucking specs like the N64, Dreamcast and Gamecube did for their time.

delet this

Pathetic.

I don't think you quite got the message there user. Though it is hilarious that you seem to hold Nintendo in any kind of high regard

When your competition is absolutely god awful, your mediocrity still stands out.

>ps1 was the next one we got. Longass time to only have genesis
IT DO

There's a sound test cheat for that you know.

That's what I was referring to by "secondary code" to skip early stages.

Remember when Sonic 3 let you level select and take all the shit you earned into any stage?

yeah stupid, there's a code you put in on the stage select screen that lets you start with all the emmerdoods.

gib proof and I may change my mind about this.

You can go super easily in debug by changing the item box you make into the S one

Nigga I ain't your damn Gamewinners

ye, but it doesn't actually give you the emeralds, just super and 50 rings.

Why are you even asking that when the fucking console has only launched since only a couple months ago?

Fucking learn to be patient, holy hell.

I had a switch for my birthday, I didn't ask this out of malice.

The switch only released a couple of months ago?
Weird, it feels like it's been longer, maybe it's because of the scalpers.

Not the first time this has happened, since Sonic Adventure 2 Battle hit GameCube before Super Mario Sunshine did. At it means is that Nintendo didn't have a platformer as a launch title. Not sure why you're freaking out so much.

Mario had maximum jump height tied to speed, too. All that other stuff is what made Sonic fun, though, no doubt.

>just wait you (((entitled))) gamers
Shill, pls

Well, we are four years into the PS4 and the only good exclusive is still bloodborne.

Did you forget about those?

this is a good video. have any more like this?

h-haha

Well to be fair if you do it on that loop it causes you to rocket down and hit the bottom of the screen killing you because you are going too fast and you might have repressed the memory of doing that.

Yeah, fuck that entitled gaymer for expecting a Mario/platforming game for a Nintendo console at launch. Only a self centered asshole would have such high expectations.

Those are on PS3 as well dingus

No, I think it's because I was an adventurebabby and the combination of automatic boost pads in those games and the general bugginess of adventure 1 may have conditioned me to never do anything on loops

nier w/o denuvo

p5 was, but not yakuza 0.

No, but at the beginning of the video, there are sources, which discuss the topics more.

So you had poor times on the dreamcast leaderboards?

i like watching videos that pick apart "why a game is fun" i dont really know why. but its shit i never knew about games i know very well.

Patient like we were with the Wii U?

:^)

Pardon my arrogance and my stupidness that came out of nowhere, then. I should be more careful the next time I post here.
Until now, there isn't really any platformer you could get for your Switch now, besides Mania.

Yes. It came out on March, and we're on August.

When will this meme die?

Sega Genesis does what Nintendon't?

:3

I'm just a lowly rhythm gamer, but DJ Max Respect is pretty good too and it's 100% exclusive to the PS4. Granted all the songs/content are mostly pulled from the PSP but still, it's a great game. I feel like nobody but DJ Max fans give a shit about its release though.

Try Game Maker's Toolkit.
It's not as hyper as that video the user shared, however very interesting to watch.
Examples:

You could have added:
t. massive classic sonic fan who actually played this (piece of shit) game today (whilst waiting for mania to release)
I seriously don't know why people go on about this game. If I was being cynical, I'd say they just want to sound like purists, as it's a less-known classic sonic game.

I don't see how something so insignificant as that can put you off the game for good tbh.

If you autists keep making daily threads to suck off this game, anons are eventually going to get sick off it like Nier Automato

I can't get past how smug he sounds: particularly his opening line to every video.
Also, he recently cited some Egyptian kid (who bitches about white people) as an expert - so it's fair to assume he's a carrier of cultural AIDS (and in my view undeserving of views from white people who don't get off on their own race's decline).

WUH OH. GUESS WHO'S BACK?

I thought Mario only had one speed. Barely played them as a kid, so I'm probably wrong.

In a lot of cases they had the foresight to place bits of level design to allow for it, like double-spring traps, half pipes, S-tunnel bullshit, and so on
Though most of that doesn't really flow very well with the rest of the levels
I will fight you, the JP soundtrack is mostly top-tier
It's a faster, more dangerous spindash that looks really cool

But yeah, the game mostly sucks
I love its art and sound and ideas for the most part but actually playing the game just drags it all down

Sonic CD is a gorgeous looking game with a fantastic pair of soundtracks but I agree that the gameplay is hot dogshit

Just watched the full video and it had me thinking. Is there any good Sonic 1 improvements rom hacks? I don't just mean Sonic 1 with spin dash, but a rom hack that improves the level design of Marble Zone & Labyrinth Zone but keeps the rest relatively untouched.

Marble Zone and Labyrinth Zone have fine level design though.

Marble Zone is probably the best zone

Sega didn't fix Atlus, why do you expect them to fix Nintendo?

speak of the devil

at least put some effort into baiting the hook

It's not my fault you are bad at marble zone and labyrinth zone

I'm not being contrarian, you are just being a big dum dum

Linear patience simulators and mazes do not belong in a game about momentum
Go play mario

Oh, so you are one of those

If you knew anything about momentum, you'd know you can skip all the slow parts of those levels

and that's no good

I actually like the game but people are absolutely correct when they say both levels are overall an inheritance.
(undeserved)
filtered

I literally only liked the music from one or maybe two levels. I don't get why people bang on about the music as if it's fantastic when, for a sonic game, it's pretty forgettable.

Inherited from what?

I disagree

;_;

Cave Story

Rather you live in a timeline that in the same month that both a Sonic and Mario game gets released you're more likely to choose Sonic this time.

cave story is on switch and far better

Cave Story is overrated

and so is sonic. the point is cave story is better

Cave Story is so 2008, we've already moved on long ago.

Also Cave Story is a run and gun, differente genres

30$ for literally the same game with new water effects, compared to a $20 remix akin to games from 20 years ago.
Come on.

If Cave Story got a GOOD remaster with new stuff in it I would say it would be relevant again, but saying you prefer Cave Story doesn't make you special, everyone's played it already.

heh

If you don't like it, leave, this is Sega country.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Cave story is run and gun though, the two aren't really comparable.
It's also been released 6 gorillion times and this version isn't really distinct enough to warrant yet another purchase of a freeware game.

t. Nicalis, Inc.

You think they're delaying Sonic Mania on PC to slap workshop support in?

I remember Sonic's idle animations changed a bit from game to game. Which one does Sonic Mania include?

no game over casual fest mario game
ya I highly doubt people are gonna go crazy over mario odyssey for gameplay. from the looks of it Mario odyssey is more of a visual playground then anything

Considering the devs and engine, if anything it'll be innately super hackable without any need for limited workshop bullshit
The more likely scenario is sega doesn't take too kindly to that sort of thing and is forcing them to lock it down and maybe even denuvo the shit out of it

Nah. It has been said that the Mania's team had to fix some fatal graphic glitch which came out on the last minute that happened only to the PC version. You don't need Steam workshop to develop mods.

After he taps his feet for a while, he then poses like pic related.

Fuck you CD is the only game in the series that tried to do something different instead of "1ringcheese through these flashing dots and jump on head 6/8 times"

You realize this is the same company that a few months ago let people upload romhacks and download them into official software, and actually decompressed the Rom files from their arbitrary containers meaning you can use them virtually anywhere now.

More than aware of that in game integration would just make things simpler, and if I recall sega still has a free pass for it.

So that people will buy it on the consoles before pirating it. Fuck steam. I'll do mods without steam's bullshit.

Yeah, it was pretty different alright

Stop! Stop! He's already dead!

sonic is nintendo's bitch.

This. I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a serious Spinball level/reference in Sonic Mania, because that game was just amazing.

Imagine. Muh dick.

If you say so
But yeah, a good pinball table boss with actual work put into it would be fantastic

An empty virtual playground at that.

Autistic Nintenyearolds can have him. SEGA has plenty of actually great IPs to choose from.

Here's the thing, I think SEGA can do well so long as it sticks to what it seems to be good at.
That is arcade-style games.
By arcade-style I mean games that you, or anyone really, can drop in and start playing.

No big fucking plot to keep track of. No crazy amount of stats to keep in your head. Cut scenes. Dating simulations. None of that shit.
We've seen what happens with their flagship, Sonic, when they DO try that type of shit. You end up with Sonic as a werewolf thing.

In this age of vidya, someone willing to push that arcade-style of play (basically what console games were when the genesis was a thing, TBH) and game design can go really far. People are burning out on cutscenes and story lines and the "cinematic experience".

Jesus Christ, Sonic Fanboys really are trying their damndest to maintain their "Most autistic fanbase" title. It's a solid Sonic game but does that really even mean much when the originals themselves weren't even that god?

I just want a panzer dragoon 5.

Sonic fanbase mostly consists of furfags wanting to fuck the characters. Even here.

Your not wrong.

All the shovel Knight games.
Shovel night spector of darkness was a launch title and timed exclusive.

Is only we lived in such a timeline

True

What did he cite or say?

Because I grew up with the genesis shit and had it for way too long and wanted something new. I knew the stages super well, could go fast real good or explore. Mania didn't offer much new to me and while I respect what it's doing, I didn't much care in the long run and needed something to sell it to me. I remembered the figure 8 dash and how I always wanted to use it in, say, sonic3&K stages. Hey look, mania has it but you gotta do a bunch of stupid shit to use it and they treat you like you're using some broken as shit cheat code when all it is is an alternative to the spindash that affords no protection to the user.

Somehow THAT is so broken that you're not allowed to use it on a save file?

I forgot but it was pretty fucking cancerous

Yakuza 0 was on the PS3 In Japan

Weird question but, is it just me, or has Holla Forums had more advertising since mania leaked?

>Input the S3&K level select code like you would in Angel Island (< < < > > > ^ ^ ^) and hear the ring sound

i'll wait

Kill yourself, retard.

No. Just keep Shitendon't as far away as possible at this point.

Shut it. JP/EU music is godly and US even has some good tracks despite way too much generic shitty guitar with no meaning or appropriateness.

wew

It's like a throwback to shitty PAL conversions. 2 weeks late and runs at 5/6ths full speed.

The super peel-out is shit, though.
And yet in spite of all this, it's in every single Sonic fangame/ROM hack ever made.

Fucking THIS.

What the fuck

Also the peel out is cool and lets you go faster than the spindash, git gud

i would never buy the switch version of cavestoy. just like id never buy the switch version of Sonic (or any multi-platform game). doesn't change the fact that cave story is better

DAILY REMINDER THAT THE WII U HAD A YEAR HEAD START OVER THE PS4 AND XBONE AND JUST PISSED DOWN THEIR LEGS WITH A BIG FAT "PRESE UNDRSTANDARU"

Aye, that's the risk verses reward part that makes it fucking cool.

As soon as you release the peel-out you can just roll up into a ball. At that point you might as well just mash the fucking spindash.

But that's less fast and also not cool

I prefer cutscenes over scrolling text, if you don't mind. Also, Visual Novels have been around as far back as the first Japanese video games, so those are not going anywhere.
Ironically, the most "cinematic" moments I've had in games is actually during the gameplay. I've never felt like anything was cinematic during the cutscenes (Aside from establishing the transition between levels).

Once upon a time (During the development of the Saturn), Sega employees did want to the company to be bought by Microsoft.

Ironic IGN posting is still IGN posting

All that stuff your complaining about was put in the games to fit one big problem

Replay value.

Stuff like Chao gardens, and multiple characters and sidequests reusing the same maps, and gradully upgrading stats, are all there to encourage the player to spend more time on the game.

Only problem is, most of those ideas end up taking away from the game's overall quality.

The orginal sonic games got away with it using a different kind of replay value- not having a save file.
It'd be foolish to take away saving progress and level select, but if sega could find a way to encourage people not to use those features, we'd probably have a better game in the end.