Jeremiah Baker

Pissy grabbing

Noah Morgan
Noah Morgan

Where is the sweet spot?
Having a very verbose manual

Dominic Barnes
Dominic Barnes

Did anyone ever figure this out on their own?

Noah Collins
Noah Collins

I'm pretty sure stuff like that and a lot of things in the first Zelda were done to sell game guides.

Landon Lewis
Landon Lewis

Some retards keep spouting this but Nintendo Power was only sold in America

Aaron Miller
Aaron Miller

Armed and Delirious has a puzzle that there literally isn't a hint for in the entire game. You are forced to guess the solution. The walkthrough for the game even points out that there are only 500 or so possible combinations

Joshua Perez
Joshua Perez

Some retards keep spouting this but Nintendo Power was only sold in America

Adrian Sanders
Adrian Sanders

Didn't the Japanese have an equivalent, either in the form of a magazine, or telephone service?

Matthew Diaz
Matthew Diaz

I did both Zelda games without a guide when I was a kid. I couldn't do CV2 though. In Zelda if you talk to everyone you get all the info you need (if you do a bit of exploring and experimenting on your own) but in CV2 the townspeople deliberately fucking lie to you.

James Gonzalez
James Gonzalez

Japs invented selling game guides. It's their brand of cashing in on retards like today's microtransactions.

Jace Sullivan
Jace Sullivan

but in CV2 the townspeople deliberately fucking lie to you.
To be fair the manual did say that many of the townspeople were too afraid to tell you the truth on account of Dracula and that his human allies would try to deceive you.

Owen Bell
Owen Bell

In the Jap version all the townspeople lie to you. In the western version, only some of the townspeople lie to you, and you can't tell who is who until you've fucked around for who knows how long. Having some people tell the truth makes it infinitely harder than if they were all liars.

Joseph Jones
Joseph Jones

Hi Ross

Jose Rodriguez
Jose Rodriguez

In the Jap version all the townspeople lie to you.
Huh, I didn't know that.

Tyler Butler
Tyler Butler

At first I thought it was copy protection, but I looked it up and it's random.

Jonathan Morales
Jonathan Morales

buncha boomers calling a nintendo hotline

Hudson Richardson
Hudson Richardson

You know, I wonder how much of Ross' material is him being DSP bad at the videogames and how much of it is actually true.

Christopher Martin
Christopher Martin

New game dungeon when, Ross?

Brayden Roberts
Brayden Roberts

<"Dude, what the fuck is a maryo?"

Oliver Cooper
Oliver Cooper

saga frontier

Anthony Nguyen
Anthony Nguyen

Are there any modern i.e. post 2007 games that just drop you in the middle of nowhere and tell you to fuck off?
It doesn't have to be good, just be actual video game, not some walking sim.

Connor Hernandez
Connor Hernandez

Rainworld?

Carter Cruz
Carter Cruz

I dunno?
I assumed it's metroidvania like Hollow Knighto or Ori and the Blind Forest. Is it not?
I played through HK, and while it's pretty huge, I never felt lost in it, since map always show you open passages that you haven't been to. Like SOTN really.

Jacob Butler
Jacob Butler

Doesn't completely apply since it has a basic tutorial for the combat, but after that, shrouded in sanity does drop you off and tells you good luck.

Ayden Jenkins
Ayden Jenkins

It's basically you get a very short tutorial explaining the very basics and that's it.
Truth be told the game isn't that fun if you progress normally, the fun is in fucking around with the environment and predators. It's not a metroidvania, more an open survival game without most oif the shit you find with survival games

Jacob Martinez
Jacob Martinez

Minecraft and Terraria effectively do just that provided you stay away from the wikis. Spelunky does as well. But that's probably not what you're looking for.

Brayden Barnes
Brayden Barnes

What the fuck, sounds interesting.

I don't like how it looks at all tbh.

Yeah I played all of those. Spelunky is pretty straightforward, why do you even mention it?
Terraria is god-tier, I spend hundreds of hours on it before burning out.
Minecraft I didn't like because of shit combat, but it kinda applies.

Parker Smith
Parker Smith

Genera

Noah Diaz
Noah Diaz

Spelunky is pretty straightforward, why do you even mention it?
The game itself is straightforward but accessing the city of gold without a guide would be pretty obtuse. I wish progressing through the entire game was like that.

Zachary Gray
Zachary Gray

I have no idea what this is ha ha.
I guess you're right.

Caleb Torres
Caleb Torres

Sorry I spoiled it for you but now I guess you have something new to try now.

Julian Parker
Julian Parker

ha ha

What in the actual fuck?

Leo Reyes
Leo Reyes

Hahaposting is the future, embrace it.
I hoped somebody gets triggered

Oliver Sanchez
Oliver Sanchez

pic fucking related

Jayden Davis
Jayden Davis

tfw it took me a solid two weeks after getting the game to realize there was a wiki for it
Shit was fucking rough.

Christopher Williams
Christopher Williams

I don't like how it looks at all tbh.
Well, it is some dude trying to make I can't believe it's not bloodborne on PC and having only pixelshit graphics in him. I can't say the game is great but it does give plenty of opportunities for getting lost.

Anthony Turner
Anthony Turner

Anything in similar but in 3D?
I mean being aimless like minecraft is one thing, but actually having a goal but not telling it to the player like Yume Nikki is something I want to experience in a proper 3D game, preferably with some combat.

Luis Taylor
Luis Taylor

Oh my God, what was with that fucking game (Milon's Secret Castle)?

I never understood what the fuck was going on. Castle full of weird shit and all I get is some bubble shooting crap? I don't even remember after all these years. Manual was worthless. Just get ahead of the game, wad it up, and scrape your ass with it.

My time was much more happily wasted finishing off other shit… Bonk's Adventures, Warioland, and Link's Awakening (farm dat gacha famalam), pic related.

David Edwards
David Edwards

Difficulty was only increased in western releases during that time period. See Streets of Rage 3.

Mason Johnson
Mason Johnson

That's because whites are the superior race, user.

Nolan Russell
Nolan Russell

You might be meme-ing, but you're 100% right

Mason Foster
Mason Foster

pc-98 games were so neat. It's a shame they are hard to find torrents for now of days.

John Cruz
John Cruz

pc-98 games were so neat. It's a shame they are hard to find torrents for now of days.
mega.nz/#F!jIgkXQDY!hE3FQNWl77DkzKErGdz35g

Ian Bennett
Ian Bennett

Milon's Secret Castle
It had a, very different, sequel on the SFC too.

Nicholas Ross
Nicholas Ross

Bump to this?

Matthew Thompson
Matthew Thompson

Where is the sweet spot?

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit