Are any of the One Piece games worth playing?

Are any of the One Piece games worth playing?

Burning Blood is pretty great for gathering 'round with friends and talking shit. The game is a fucking mess of overly convoluted mechanics and broken characters, but it's pretty fun regardless.

I don't have any friends.

Garchu~

Pirate Warriors 3 if you have never played a Musou game in your life. The gigant battle games for the DS, only the first one is translated and there's another untranslated one on 3DS. All the "unlimited adventure" games are kind of shit in every way, unlimited world Red was ok, though. There's also Burning Blood but I can't play it because it runs like ass on my PC.
That's about it, there's also Jump Ultimate Stars for DS that includes OP characters and also J-stars victory vs. For PS3 that includes Luffy as well. Battle Stadium D.O.N. is shit.

Ehh.. It's got a decently long campaign, but I'm not sure if I'd recommend it. A lot of games are better with friends, but I think they went in the wrong direction with Burning Blood, especially with all the autistic subsystems.

I actually never have played a mosou game in my life, I'll check that one out. The DS games look sorta neat. Are they fighting games or beat-em-ups?

It looks like it plays kinda like the Naruto games, which I'm not a huge fan of.

Find a jewtube video of someone playing through from the start. The first dozen or so missions are all tutorials.

I wanna suck on those tits

Here i come. The ultimate man of taste. And present you the best One Piece game in existence.

I remember being a young teenager, trying all portable One Piece games I could, during the early years of GBA emulation.
I don't think any of them were very good.

I know that the one piece baseball game was pretty bad. The AI really cheats. Couldn't get past the game because they caught all the balls. Was using so many different ways to even try to at least get to first base but none of it worked. I think there was a board game that was alright.

I have a vague recollection of one I actually liked, an isometric game where you played as different straw hats in different stages, you could equip different abilities in between stages, and stages could be either fights or puzzles, and I think there were a few quiz stages too. It's been probably over a decade since I played it so I don't remember it well and it's probably shit. Impossible to play without a guide if you don't know japanese too.

Then you'll love Pirate Warriors 3, it was my first musou, and I was obsessed. Be warned, is repetitive and 100% is not really worth it. Once you are done with the story you might drop it if you want, but there's a huge mode after the story and I admit that it have ton of autistic and repetitive goals towards 100% Which I completed after like a year.
As for the DS games, they are fighting games, but they are pretty good, good music, and the sprites are 10/10. In fact, I should download Gigant Battle 2 and the 3DS one for Japanese practice.

The DS games remind me a bit of smash and I do like the spritework, but I'm not sure if it's what I want to be playing right now. You sold me on Pirate Warriors 3 though, I'll give it a pirate.
Thank you for the responses, lads.

I would add that OPPW3 is one of the faster paced and least grindy musou out there, you can be easily almost done within 150hr of playtime and most battle have you racking up twice the kills in half the time compared to most other musou games out there.
It also has the most broken char in any musou I've played.

Garchu~

Hello, musoufag here, I'd like to introduce you to every fucking musou past Samurai Warriors Chronicles. One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 absolutely isn't remarkable in that shitty trend. Also fuck you for thinking it's a positive.

I was mostly taking DW7/8, which both released after the game you mentioned, as a comparison point although 6 is actually still faster paced than either of those and released before

I put it as a neutral remark, I don't mind either style frankly.
You need to calm your autism user.

Unlimited World Red was alright.

no and fuck off

That was the quasi MonHun one where you went on missions from a hubtown and farmed iconic villains for materials and stuff, right?

Any of you faggots got a working link to unlimted world red? All im finding is burning blood and pirate warriors 3

Yeah kinda.

Find it yourself. Shouldn't be that hard.

Not if I want to find ps3 links but its on pc so why the fuck arent there any torrents of those. Ive checked multiple sites before asking here

I don't even think its out yet for pc. Just emulate the Wii u version.

Nope

>(((wikipedia))) lied to me

Well they didn't lie about it entirely, it's just not released yet.
What's strange is that it's supposed to release today but absolutely no trace of anything about that since may.

what in the fuck happened

Any one piece games where I can do that?

It's out on pc now gamestorrent.co/one-piece-unlimited-world-red-deluxe-edition-codex.html
Wew

There aren't any ATM.

I wanna fug that dog lady

You're not in for a challenge, you're there to relieve the story of the anime as closer as you can and unlock things like new characters. One Piece characters are like demigods against normal people, so it's logical you can take so many as easily, that's why musou is so famous with shonen, because that's exactly what happens in the shonen. Sure, you could argue that bosses could be harder, but most bosses are playable character so they are extremely simple. You could also argue tat the combo system could be better and it could vary from character to character so it isn't as repetitive or tedious. One of the biggest problems is that all characters have the same button combinations for combos, they just do different actions, which is kind of ok, but defeats the point. Also, even when I'm not big fan of multiplayer, it could be cool to influence minions to take control ovr other territories, it would make multplayer really fucking enjoyable.

Is the DLC included in the torrent, though? That would make all the difference. I may download it since I played it on 3DS and it was a terrible experience. Also, the coliseum was pretty much the best part of the whole thing, not the exploration.

No announcements of new one piece games? They are still stuck with big mom so I would expect new games after this arc is over, which hopefully is soon, because it feels longer that damned Dressrosa.

The DLC is just included in the rerelease directly so yeah.

The remade 3d cutscenes of all the noteworthy scenes are a blast to watch. Makes you wonder why Berserk 3d cg animoo looks like dog shit.

Well so far in unlimited world is exactly what I expected, including the annoying as fuck "press button 29" action prompts so ill just be avoiding shit like animal catching as long as I can.

As I said, Unlimited World Red adventure is kind of mediocre, just like the previous ones. The coliseum is pretty damn good, from what I remember.

Does the game support controllers? I played the game in 4 axis before and no way in hell I'm doing that again.

THIS
I've never been much interested in One Piece but Warriors 3 changed that. Musou style and going through all the major arcs up to Dressrosa. Really worth your time.

I've had this and a few other Musou in my wishlist for a while but I have yet to touch them.
Doesn't the gameplay get really repetitive after a while?

I mean all the way from the start of the series to Dressrosa, that's a lot of fucking content. Does it actually stay fresh that long?

Read the thread, fag, yes it does. There are not a lot of chapters from the start to dressrosa, though, just the important parts, every arc have one episode, except the war that it's divided in 2. You can play with different characters so the whole appeal is trying them all.
Other problem the game has is that its way too grindy.

This fucking user knows his shit. Pretty much an evolved Jump! Ultimate Stars game by the same devs.

>(((wikipedia))) lied to me
True. I've seen them make claim before that Shadow Hearts had an HD rerelease for the PS3, by Bamco of all people. It didn't (though it's worth noting ex-Nautilus devs have said they'd like it to) and will likely never see a rerelease (even a digital one) because Aruze doesn't want to do anything that's not pachislot these days (or even in the past; I still don't get why they opted to publish a niche series like this).

I think they corrected that a while back, but I can't help but wonder if it was either an out-and-out mistake, or if someone decided to purposefully get people's hopes up with the notion that they did.

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
One Piece: Unlimited Cruise 1 &2

Are pretty fun to play, exploring islands is fun and material gathering, crafting and upgrading is more complex than most 'survival' games nowadays.

Hidden bosses and higher difficulty levels can be absolutely unforgiving which is strange for a game targeted for a young audience.

Urgh, trying to get all those coins was a nightmare. I just said feck it in the end and cheated getting them.

Yeah, it stays fresh for awhile. Each character has a different play style and some are required to fulfil certain conditions on some maps. There's an endless pirate mode where you can farm for coins and the like but it's not worth it to be honest. If you just stick to the story you'll be fine.

They are fun to play once through the story, I guess, but that's it, they're extremely lacking in everything, specially controls. Unlimited World Red didn't get any better in that regard.

Nigger why

Seems like Unlimited World Red is still the same shit I played on the 3DS. It's not that bad, but the port could have been better
On the plus side

It does support 360 controllers halfway though, it shows the proper prompts for most things but once you get into the animal catching minigame you get prompts like "button 31".

The arc is almost over, just a dozen of chapters or more to go.

That sucks. I remember having problems emulating first games on wii.

What I never understood is why One Piece never had a JRPG type of game. You could really make a wonderful one in this genre. Imagine the player starts in a town, recruits people into his crew, then eventually gets a ship and travels over the ocean with it. Entering new regions and cities, looking for treasures, items and money.
Side Quests could be different things from smashing enemy pirates, capturing pirates for berry to helping locals with finding items. Leveling and experience would be individual for each character and each of them would have his strenghts and weaknesses. Battle would be turn based and out of your crew you could have 4 active members (but all the crew gets XP after fights).

I basically want it to be something like Skies of arcadia just with one piece characters and setting. They could even invent a completely new story arc for the game. If a game like this exists, please tell me about it because unlimited world red is the only one I have and it sucks.

What confuses me is why no game has at least tried to copy the setting. Dragon's Dogma, Demon's Souls and onwards were very obviously inspired by Berserk, there's so much shit you could draw from One Piece as well. It lends itself really well to a lots of varied areas and characters with different playstyles.
I really did not give a crap about pirates until I read One Piece, but now I want to see something like it. I'm just confused why it hasn't been done past the official games.

Is bonclay playable in unlimited world red?

There are OP JRPGs user

Anything that comes close to what he is describing though?

Grand Adventure and Unlimited Adventure are pretty good, though knowing this board, the former is going to trigger the fuck out of most people here, since it's a original game made for the US markets, and because of that, only features the 4kids 4Konami cast

You don't even need to just stay a pirate, there are other possibilities like being a marine or a bounty hunter.

Couldnt see that working out unless they give you some real bullshit reasons to fuck around like going deep undercover

Why does One Piece, DB, Naruto, etc get all the attention instead of Gash Bell when Gash is way better?

Is gash bell still going?

>why does shonen that's been over for years get no attention instead of shonen that has an ongoing series

Dragon Ball, Naruto, Yu yu hakusho, FMA, etc have all been over for years and they still get mentioned and talked about a lot

Still ongoing
Technically not going, but it's immediate successor Boruto is
Who the hell talks about Yuyu? I only see it pop up in discussions of Hunter X Hunter
I would give you this one but the people who talk about FMA got replaced by the people who talk about Attack on Titan.

Super is a seperate series, like Boruto

Is Dragon Ball Z a completely separate series from Dragon Ball as well now? It's not like GT where word of god wasn't in play.

Z is litterally in the same run as DB, "Z" isn't even a thing in japan

ドラゴンボールZ is the name of the anime in Japan as well user(Though technically it's Dragon Ball Zetto). You'll also notice that the manga for Super isn't written or done by Toriyama, but the anime, which is what is actually produced first, is written by him. In Japan the three anime series each had distinct names.

Literally doesn't matter if Naruto/Boruto and DragonBall/DragonBall(whatever letters) are technically the "same series," because the point is the same. The popular and well-known characters that existed in the one series are part of some "other series" in the same universe, with the same continuity, involving the same places and people of the "previous series."

It's like being upset that there was a renewed interest in Darth Vader when Star Wars Episode VII came out because "Technically Darth Vader isn't in Episode VII and it's a different series of movies from the original trilogy in which he first appeared." Nigga, it's the same world, and the only anime dolls anybody ever gave a fuck about were Desu and her dyke sister.

I know that user, it's just watching him get nitpicky about such details when he got BTFO was pretty fun.