Emulating on PSP

is there a good way to emulate MAME on PSP? or any arcade machine besides capcom CPS1/2 and Neo Geo? those seem to run smoothly, havent encontered any games with slowdown at all, but anything outside of that seems to be a desert

Other urls found in this thread:

nicoblog.org/guides/how-to-use-popsloader-guide/
wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249&sid=b35083e51ef30d9bf051417650160b88
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably better off with a JXD (Or comparable) Android game thing for those emulators, user. PSP emulation is kinda dead right now, since mobile phones got big (And Emulator programmers smelled fucking money and have the nerve to charge for programs that are free on PC)

Okay help me out here. I've been wanting to play more PSX games on my PSP. I have Mega Man X4-6, Mega Man Legends 1-2, Mega Man 8, and Air Combat eboots all placed in the folder correctly, playable and ready to go. I set those up a while ago. Then a few months ago I tried to add a few more games, namely Tron Bonne, Persona 2: Eternal Punishment, and the first Silent Hill. And for some fucking reason no matter how I fuck with the file locations or make them as close to the working titles as possible, any new games I add always come up as corrupted under the games tab and I can't play them.

I know getting PSX2PSP eboots to run requires a strict place in the directory, which SHOULD be (to use Air Combat as an example) PSP>Game>Air Combat [U] [SLUS-00001]>eboot file and cover art. This is how all those mega man games and air combat have been set up and working for months. And yet when I add seemingly any new game to the folder with the same formatting, file name structure, etc., they never seem to read properly.

I don't know if it's an issue with filenames (but I's be surprised since I'm naming new games with the same format as the working ones) or what. I have no idea what changed between when I was adding new games fine and when they started appearing as corrupted. Anyone here have any experience with this? I just want to play my PSX games.

Update your software, lad. What version are you running on?

Oh wow, am I fucking retarded? I'm running 6.61 Pro-C. I guess I thought since the PSP had been so thoroughly cracked already that there wouldn't be any major system updates to worry about. What's the latest version?

whoops, meant for

I think there might have been an official update 6.7x or 6.8x, but I don't remember. It shouldn't matter though - it should only affect games released after the update, or just before that were fixed by it (so basically zero games). 6.61 CFW should let you do pretty much anything. You'd probably have to be running earlier than 5.xx to run into issues with later games, and you would still have no issues with anything from before 2013 or so.

Fuck, I miss the psp community.

Then what the fuck is the problem? I've been getting the PSX2PSP files from emuparadise, which is the same place I got the ones that worked normally. I don't know if there's some step in the process that I did properly for the first batch that I'm forgetting this time, but I remember it being stupidly simple. I've been duplicating the file organization that I see in the working games and for some mysterious reason the new games don't work. It's goddamn baffling. I really hope it's something obvious and I'm just being retarded.

Probably something with the pops you're running.

nicoblog.org/guides/how-to-use-popsloader-guide/

I dunno. It's been years since I messed with this thing. I never had any such issues.

Maybe try a different CFW, or take a look at . I never played PS1 games so I'm not familiar with the POPS.

Try a different memory card, and get eboots from somewhere besides emuparadise/make your own.

I also don't know much about eboots. What are they relative to ISOs?

sort of, you can make your own eboots but I forgot how to.

An eboot is literally an iso, formatted and headered for the PSP's internal software.

Now now user, don't be rude.
They also steal from each other and file takedowns on the google play store to make money, it's not just stolen code from PC emulators!

Which is why if I had a JXD, I'd sideload all the emulators I like, fuck the jew bastards.

This is also part of the reason you shouldn't use ePSXe either considering what they did

Why would I emulate a system I already modded, and can play on my PVM?

I'm just saying the ePSXe developers are shithead faggots m8

Pro C2 has a bug with PSN PS1 releases that could be related. There is a fix and a fork with some more fixes from 2015. Woloo has it.

I'm feeling generous, so here's a link to the fork wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=41249&sid=b35083e51ef30d9bf051417650160b88