100% Completion

Post rewards that games give you after 100%-ing them. I can't really think of any besides these two - both of which are lackluster. Hopefully some anons have had better experiences.
Side note: Are there any 100% completion rewards that add new content (i.e. levels, characters, maps, stages, etc.) ?

100% completion is a big problem for me because I don't stop playing a game until I clear it completely.

Amount of emblems you collect for completing levels and missions in SA2 directly influence chance of getting better items at chao garden black market. Collecting all the emblems get you rarest chao eggs offered form time to time.

100% completion rewards are always garbage
If they add anything cool or substantial at all then most players will never see it and it'd be a waste of dev time

Hell, nobody even wants to make regular ass endgame content any good, let alone something for 100% completion

This was a good reward

For busting you ass and getting all 100 golden skulltulas (which is usually the last part of a completionist run) in Ocarina of Time you get 200 rupees when you've probably already maxed out you wallet by that point, most disappointing reward I can think of

Getting 100% in Crash 3 gives you a fireworks show

Blizzard, is that you? Last time I checked, things like 100% completion aren't an 'everyone's invited' sort of club. Also, guaranteeing that everyone sees the exact same content and has an identical experience every time they play the game only ensures that everyone gets the same mediocre game every time.

Yes, and?

Ocarina was 3D but it still had the sadic bullshit that old games had.

Which is the rarest?

GTAV

don't forget Green Hill Zone

In Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced you can get an alternate ending that requires you to beat the main three hundred missions. Does that count as 100% it?

The rarest chaos are achievable through breeding. You can breed chaos from black market's shiny eggs with chaos from jewel eggs to create Shiny Jewel Chao that also have rare chao recipies like Invisible Chao, Transparent Chao and Pseudo Chao. With Invisible and Pseudo Chao being the rarest.

Yeah, Zelda games have always lacked bling-it-out options. Link Between Worlds was pretty cool, it upgraded one of your special items to be even better, which let you customize a bit more as the game went on or made certain dungeons easier.

Sonic Adventure 2 has unlockables spaced so perfectly apart. It's just right to keep you playing. Beating the story mode is its own reward, with little things like racing tracks along the way. Then if you beat every mission with a character, you get a new costume for them in 2 player. If you get all A Ranks with a character, you get a whole new character in 2 player. And if you get all A Ranks with every character, you get a whole secret level, and a really good one, too. Too bad they never got around to implementing a reward for getting an A Rank in that secret level, which dummied out data shows was probably supposed to be the ability to play as Super Sonic and Super Shadow in all of their levels.

Another one I like is Spyro 2, which gives you infinite Super Flame that carries over to new save files.

Shadow the Hedgehog gives you a Super Hard Mode that has you play every level in a new order with new missions (one per level, so no morality system). This is as close as you get to a canon story for the game (barring the unlockable Last Story which is included here anyway). Too bad the game isn't good enough for me to bother actually getting all A Ranks on it.

Sonic Heroes also has a Super Hard Mode, but that's just Team Sonic playing levels that are harder than Team Dark's versions of the levels. So it's not quite as special.

How are the sonic adventure games? If I played them, which port should I play? Should I play the native PC version or emulate one?

The controls are about as stiff as they get and the camerais painful. Just avoid SA1 tbh

They're great, but if you don't get creative with how the physics work and familiarize yourself with them, you'll probably die a lot and complain the game controls bad and everyone will make fun of you.

They're great. The first one is pretty unpolished but its ambition shows. It doesn't have the greatest level design but the adventure game elements make up for it, and the story is presented in a fun way, with six overlapping stories.

Adventure 2 is much more polished and has much better level design, but does away with all the adventure game elements. No more hub worlds to explore, which I personally liked. On the other hand, the actual stages are all much more well designed and do strongly reward exploration. The ranking system is great and gives you a lot of incentive to go back and master levels, which is where the game really begins. With Adventure 1, once you beat the story, the extra missions aren't that big a deal (though there are new hub-world missions in the DX port that are kinda fun). With Adventure 2, the story mode is just practice, and the real fun comes from mastering the levels, which are designed much more intricately than the first game.

Also, Adventure 2 only has three playstyles, while Adventure 1 has six. Though Adventure 1's aren't done evenly. Sonic's playstyle is one third of the game either way. People complain about the other styles, but I think the complaints are exaggerated. They're okay but not as good as Sonic, and they are improved vastly in Adventure 2, though Knuckles' has a radar to search for stuff and it was gimped in the sequel for some reason, which really bothers some people.

I think in Kirby Robobot Planet you unlock the UFO ability when you 100%, which would otherwise only be available using amiibo.

THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Sure it can. The content unlocked contributes to the 100%. When you look at it as the last task being 99.5%, which unlocks the final reward that constitutes the final .5%, thus 100%

The final content might not be a new goal to reach.

The only reward you should get for full completion is more gameplay. Everything else is useless padding.

Spyro 2 gave a permanent fireball powerup for reaching 100% gems and orbs, which you can keep for use in NG+. Makes replaying some of the more enraging challenges cathartically easy. Spyro 1 and 3 also had post-100% levels that could be accessed.

I hate when games show you more than 100% completion. It triggers my autism severely.

WHY

Didn't OOE have something like this?

I saved it years ago, sorry.

Here's something to redeem myself.

I will never understand pokemon autists.

I got all the pokeymen in Sapphire in less than a year, and I was the first one to do so on my town, big achievement back then because everyone was playing it.

In rgb the 100% certificate nigger gave you a mew in the Japanese version

There are similar things
Zelda 1 did it for beating the game, but 100% wasn't required

Actually what's supposed to happen is they max your rupees every time you come to see them, thus making you very rich with an ATM

Mute's Dad.

That wasnt 100% completion

Skyrim gives you an urge commit suicide once you realize you will never experience all of Todd's masterpiece ever again

The DS Vanias have some sort of completion reward. DoS has the Chaos Ring for 100% souls, PoR same item but 100% sidequests, OoE the Master Ring.

If money was remotely hard to come by it might've been worth it. But you can get 50 by shooting things with a light arrow.

they're trash. You'll fall out of the levels if you actually try to do some platforming because of how buggy the game is..

In Wind Waker you got a trophy of Mario & Yoshi for the Picto Gallery if you did that 100% (which required multiple playthroughs).

Really depends on your relationship with the series. SA1 has great platforming and pace, but there's a lot of moments that are lacking and the story and cutscenes sound more like parody than genuine attempts. SA2 is much grittier, the Chao garden is fantastic, the Battle expansion adds tons of multiplayer options, there's loads of unlockables and replayability, but suffers from having out of the three (plus a minigame one) gameplay style, one that is universally recognized as good-to-great (Running stages), one that is mixed and whose opinion you'll improve or get worse upon successive playthroughs (Hunting stages) and one that is generally considered trash (Shooting stages) outside of the last level. Also SA2 can get frustratingly long winded in some levels.

Flying Mario was a pretty neat reward for finishing Super Mario Galaxy, although they could have let us do more with it.

Getting all the power cells in Jak and Daxter rewarded you with the big reveal of what was behind the giant precursor door at the end of the game, which opens with blinding light and leaves it at that. Completely blueballs you until the second game where it shows what it was in the fucking intro and is destroyed seconds later.

Cry moar

>>>/reddit/

In the original games you can print the Diploma with a Game Boy Printer.

If only anyone owned a Game Boy Printer. Now nobody believes me when I say I was the only kid at school to get the Diploma in Red or Blue.

Pure lies, you Game Grumps faggot.

>>>/mental/

It doesn't make the fucking trolley any easier!

pc version, if you're thinking about emulating what a stupid idea
then play the better sonic game you moron

Ironically enough the ifunny watermark is what makes it funny.

I can't understand how someone could honestly believe this. I like Heroes, but it's fundamentally just Adventure 2 with worse level design and control. It removes the points system which is what gives the game most of its replayability, and while it has extra missions outside of story mode, they're shit like in Adventure 1, instead of awesome like in Adventure 2. Also no good unlockables except Super Hard Mode, but 100%ing it with no other unlockables to keep you going, when it's already not as good as Adventure 2, is a real chore.

100%ing Wonderful 101 unlocksWonder Bayonetta. Since it's a Platinum game, where getting better scores/rankings is a big part of the fun, and the special effect of the Unite Morph is more gun, which is incredibly useful for stunning enemies so they can eventually be launched, instead of weird alternate guns means that it's a useful unlockable. Of course you could just find the secret shops and buy all the secret characters there, but that was added post-launch at some point.

Heroes Combat is still the best in the series.

Fishing as Big the Cat is great, don't believe the casuals memes.

naw

It's a very good fishing game if you're into that. I guess people were just mad about the bait and switch since they bought a Sonic game and not Sega Bass Fishing. Even though other parts of the game are also reused from other Sega franchises. Like Sky Chase Act 1 and 2 are just Panzer Dragoon levels, and Gamma is Burning Rangers.

Enemy health bars don't work well in Shadow or 06, but it does in Heroes because of the Team and Level up system.

Enemies needed to have health bars other wise they would be zero reason to ever switch away from Speed
You have power for fighting stronger enemies at first, but when you get every character to level 3 which is not hard to do, The combat becomes Great. Speed can then destroy single targets with ease, fly can shoot homing attacks that wipe out tons of weaker enemies in seconds, and Power becomes an awesome force of destruction that takes down anything.
Being as strong as level 3 from the start of a level would make enemies too trivial and choosing who you want to level up when hitting a check point adds a layer of strategy to the game.

There was also the Team blasts which all had unique effects during the cool down.
Team Sonic gave Sonic a homing attack to wipe out all close enemies
Team Dark's chaos control didn't just freeze enemies it freezes the Game timer which is awesome
Team Rose Give invincibility a shield and level ups to everyone.
Team Chaotix give rings when ever an enemy is destroyed.

This combat system was great, it just doesn't translate well to only controlling 1 character, unless Sonic games were to expand and improve the move list for combat.

It was

You make good points, but that's not nearly enough to make up for all the ways it was a downgrade from Adventure and Adventure 2. They tried something different and it was okay, but they also removed a lot of stuff that worked really well, and maybe didn't need to be removed.

Then again, no Sonic game has tried to replicate the way the points and missions worked so well in Adventure 2. I can't imagine why they wouldn't bother with something that is seemingly so easy.

My points are purely about combat.
The scoring system of Adventure 2 is still clearly the best.

>>>/faggot/

Yeah, and it makes Adventure 2 a better game than Heroes.

Adventure 1 is also better than Heroes because of the story.

My post here on how to fix 3D Sonic is basically Bring back the gameplay of Adventure 2 and refine/impove it, make all character play through Sonic/Shadow style levels, and if enemies have health bars Improve the combat by giving it more depth. other wise keep it to one shot kills
No boost, Spin dash is superior.

You say if Shadow can't be done right they shouldn't use him at all. Well they don't. He hasn't had a significant role since '06, and is only in Generations because everyone is in Generations. Honestly people can't shut up about that fucker despite not being relevant in over a decade.

I remember there was a character poll for a Sonic site of some kind. Shadow was the second most popular character only beaten by Sonic himself.
The problem with Shadow was that he's the cause of Sonic coming too serious. Now that Sonic's story is clearly less serious, Shadow could just be a fun character to play as. they've been ignoring him completely cus of the what he represents, but he doesn't have be an edge lord.

Hell, his solo game is specifically about him learning not to be edgy, and in '06, he isn't edgy. He's just a stoic badass. But '06 is '06 so we can't acknowledge that the game had any good ideas. Literally everything that was in '06 can never be allowed in a main series game again. It's not like the game was an alpha prototype sold at full price, before they were even able to dummy out unfinished elements. No, clearly it's that every single idea in the game was garbage right from the start. Now Sonic has to have a completely different gameplay style, a completely different music style, it isn't allowed to have stories anymore, and of course only Tails (not even Knuckles?) is allowed to have a significant co-starring role. And still never playable.

I need to see just how forces is for myself, but boost Sonic is inherently flawed for having a far lower skill ceiling. Sonic team needs to be convinced that Adventure 2's gameplay is still the best.
Which might be hard to do since so many people see boost Sonic's instant gratification as a good thing.