PSO2 Meme generator edition

So why do games like FF14 and Warframe manage to sustain general threads here on Holla Forums, but the elder god of online games that is PSO2 can't?
Is modern Holla Forums too casual to get past japanese captcha despite all the guides and jap learning threads out there?

maybe the game is just shit and you only think its good because you're biased? i dunno, perhaps because you've already spent a good chunk of your time/money on it and you feel the need to have your actions justified?

well, no, Holla Forums isn't here to justify your shit taste or your poor economical choices. keep throwing the captcha excuse around, in a board where half of the people or more understand basic japanese, it sure helps cement your point.

Having never played FF14, Warframe, or PSO2, i would assume accessibility of downloading is a major factor and i'm sure the ping you'd get from the US wouldn't be hot from a Japanese server, but i'd think the major point is FF14 and Warframe are more fun than PSO2, no matter how good the costumes are. Conversely, if you had guildies who gave enough of a fuck to post in post in the PSO2 thread rather than letting it die, it might still be up, and, longshot though it be, you might actually get people interested in the game enough to join you.

t. the one motherfucker who kept the Age of Wushu thread alive with Mokou spam

I spent as much on other two.
I feel like each of them does its own thing particularly good, with FF14 being your vanilla mmo experience with huge raids and WF being ultimate space ninja simulator.
PSO2 does great job at being online DMC game with dress up, but people don't appreciate it for some reason.

I could list off a ton of reasons, but it really boils down to one: Holla Forums is in the later half of SJW colonization, and that means a huge push against anything Japanese. This is why 10+ threads at the same time for every new AAA shitheap is fine, but a single PSO2 thread gets flooded with people like PSO2 Autist screeching about pay to win and clunky combat. Combine this with Sega announcing a western release and never delivering, and the normalfags that have flooded this board in the last year and a half or so just get super salty any time the game is mentioned.
Either way, fuck them and let's talk PSO2. The wiki for each and every class has been flooded with people complaining about how hero is better than their favorite class, and hero's wiki is full of people saying hero is shit at Deus Esca because heroes eat floor due to not being able to abuse automate and iron will. This is fucking laughable considering I've had runs where I take no damage as hero, but the Japanese player base for PSO2 is literally the same type of casual who plays cell phone games, so automate and iron will aren't so much crutches as wheelchairs for them. Also, they complain about heroes in buster quests being able to dash around the map quicker than other classes and refer to this as "little league soccer."

yeah, dmc 2 with lag.

its shit. 14 is shit too. warframe is the """best""" out of the 3 and its ruined by greed and repetitiveness and $$$$. Online games are dead. stick to private servers of old games.

people dont play PSO2 because its garbage. if Japan decided to make an FFXI classic server people would jump on that shit like it was a pool of 8 year old nymphomaniacs.

>>>Holla Forums

Are you seriously defending HR? Because those sound like legitimate complaints to me. BQs are severely skewed in favour of HR, HRs hit the floor a lot in Deus rematch, all of that is true.

As for discussion, I feel like there's not a lot to talk about. New "content" is most of the time just running around in circles when there's a themed EQ while they put together a new EQ that they'll spam for the next 6 months.

Another reason is that Holla Forums is full of fukken casuals who won't touch this game unless it has an english release. I really don't understand this mentality, but whatever.

Here come people who didn't play it. It works exactly like warframe in terms of netcode.

I'm yet to get hero to anything XH because I'm busy getting my main classes to level 80.
But from what I played at early difficulties it's by far the fastest and the most mobile class, so soccer comparisons seem pretty adequate.

PSO2 is pretty mediocre in addition to the fact that you have to deal with pretty bad ping if you connect from anywhere that's not JP. The only version that's officially in english is about 20 years behind the jp version, and with a majority of events being cash shop bait, I can see why no one really talks about it.

As for FFXIV and warframe
FFXIV is a very standard MMO with a subscription based model that people refuse to unsub to even if it's pretty much agreed that the entire expansion's content ranges from mediocre to horrible.

And warframe is a perfectly constructed retard magnet, that baits people into thinking they're smarter than the system all the while they're playing right into it's cash shop system. I mean hell warframe devs actively insult the playerbase and they still fucking play it. I really think it's impossible to achieve the level of brainwashing warframe has accomplished to some of it's diehard fans in any other medium.

you know what i think? it just dawned on me.
The reason you tards keep coming in here to shill this piece of shit game and pseudo-bait people with the captcha meme is that you're lonely. Nobody wants to play this shit game and what fun is a game where 99% of the player base is chingchong and the few english speakers are foreign to "chan culture" so they'll block you as soon as you start showing your power level.

The SEA version closed down a while ago, so there is no longer any actual english release of PSO2.

Nice projection. Here's your (You).

I use captcha argument because people shitting on PSO2 usually say something that isn't true at all.
Like you.
Not a day passes by without some bunch of gaijins talking out loud in lobbies about all sorts of shit, and that's not even on b1, which is reddit of PSO2.
see
Shit like that.

I mean you criticize game for something that isn't even there, what else should I assume besides you never actually playing it?

The fuck are you on it happens all the time in EQs or larger lobbies, the system is garbage and you'll hit points where nothing registers as a hit for like 20 seconds then WHOOPS IT ALL HIT HAVE A STREAM OF NUMBERS

Now this is accurate.
That's not what people usually assume when using the world "lag" though, even if it's exactly what it is.
Yeah sometimes you get to hit a dead enemy for a while, but it's nowhere near as bad as games with server-based combat.

If mining base defense were implemented tomorrow, people would say those are skewed toward hero, too. It's bullshit. A force that uses talis can do huge amounts of good in stalling enemy groups that are about to rush towers, and summoners can easily sweep a wide area with pets like wanda or jinga. Of course, that would require forces to do something other than spam foie with rods and summoners to do something other than malon revolver, but that's on the players, not the game.
As for dying a lot in Deus, same issue. Hero's dodge is the same as other classes if they maxed out step advance, and that's more than enough invulnerability frames for anyone whose reflexes surpass the requirements of Bejeweled. I guess people are just going to bitch about hero until the next advance class comes out, then switch to bitching about that. I'm crossing my fingers that Sega lets me mine salt as a magic user come Episode 6.

Pic related. He spammed for a good five minutes straight. Not even on ship 2, either.

That's true. I recently played mining base as a HR, and it was super easy compared to other classes.

The problem with BQ and HR isn't that HR can spam AOE (which it can), the problem is small map + quick spawns + HR's long range and good damage and unique PP generation and quick movement mechanics make for BQs that end with most other classes feeling like they did nothing for most of the BQ.

You're also implying that people put points into step. They don't. The "don't get hit and you won't die" mindset is very strong, and the average PSO2 player isn't likely to think about defensive options that aren't automatically on.

What does it play like?

Like a DMC game, but perfectly suited for KB+M.
Of course it doesn't have the same amount of complexity, or depth, but it's the only online game being this close to a proper single player action game.
Hero class does turn it into something like dynasty warriors though, except enemies can kill you.

Isn't there a Team on ship 2 made by some guys from here? Is it still alright or has it turned into complete autism?
I kinda want to play with more people so I guess I could join in.

Sure, I'm logging in now and I can add you. Post your player ID.

Y-you can bully me just a little.

Where is this meme coming from? The 'action' is almost entirely cinematic and not tied to the gameplay. It plays just like PSO, except the combat is floaty and not at all engaging.

I preferred the original on dreamcast tbh

Sent.

You're not the original Shota are you?

I played and enjoyed PSO2 for a year, right up to Falz Mother. Definitely a good game, especially if you shell a little IRL money for premium and respecs. There is zero doubts the game can be enjoyed by anyone, solo or guild. Most classes are fun and the weeb costumes are ace.

But, it's easy to see it all. There is literally one town, which is really just an airport. You can hit the top in a few months, enjoy the endgame or what it's worth. And then there's nothing left to do, it's time to say goodbye and admit this. It's just a little nice game that most people just use socially to dress up and throw emojis around.

played this before the release of hero.
how does fi/hu with qli izane hp meme fairs against it? or do i have to level a boring tech class since it's hero or bust now?

HR is FI-like due to the skill that lets it do more damage so long as it doesn't get hit. That said, HR is objectively better than any other class (except TE for buffing and RA for WB) so if you don't care about being the tippy top meta you can continue to play FI.

Neverplayed-kun strikes again!

Because DMC is the daddy of them all and is in fact the most popular and well known japanese stylish technical action game or how it is called there "cuhrayzee".
It could be compared to chaos legion minus summoning mechanic, or sengoku basara minus hundreds of enemies, or ninja gaiden minus platforming, or no more heroes minus wrestling moves.
PSO2 is definitely a representative of this genre, whether you like it or not.
Especially if using Fighter weapons or this new Hero class.

This is the real hell right here.

Just play story mode.
It will take you 30~70 hours depending on whether you do optional tasks and watch irrelevant comedy cut-scenes, and in the end you'll get run of the mill single player anime action game.
After that you will be ready to decide whether you want to grind for anything or move onto the next game.
Unlike FF14 story mode cut-scenes in PSO2 is fully voiced and animated, so it doesn't feel like cheap chinese mmo.
Episodes 1-4 are fully translated at this point.

I'm trying to do the matter board first.

Yeah I think 2/3 of matterboards' nodes are optional.
Only bother with them if you really dig the game, otherwise you might burn out and drop it altogether.

Because the guild that you shill here all the time is infested by redditors.

You mean to tell me that it's like a regular RPG?
Then where does the MMO part fit in?

Played both pso2 and ff14 endgame back in 2012-2013. Definitely would prefer ff14 because of:

1. the ACTUAL somewhat interesting main story that must be done to progress levels in the game. PSO2's story is garbage and text with dumb cut-scenes and never appealed.
1.5 Also FF14 is an actual open world (aside from loading edge of maps to next map) and is very nice. PSO2 simply still jumps back to gated teleporting zones. Here's X place lava, here's X place ice, you don't know where the hell they are, but they exist somewhere on the planet.

2. The game actually gives you set roles to perform, meaning you have a purpose! A purpose! PSO2 doesn't. You literally just kill, kill, kill, heal yourself, dodge, kill. In FF14 I can heal the whole damned team so good that we will never die, man I really do kind of miss it, but I'm not shekelling $30 to get the dumb expansions and $10/month.

3. Social aspect. FF14 actually had cool people to chat with back in the day. I miss them again. PSO2 just had shitty anime weebs that had autistic personalities.

4. Too bored to list more, screw you OP. I might want to dive into 14 again, maybe I should have, if it will ease my addiction to what is OSRS, someone please stop me from playing this garbage. Or hunt bosses with me, I want to not do everything solo, which is what i've been doing forever. 99's in all combat, hit me up.

Episodes 1-3 had the best story. Afterwords, watch PSO2 the anime, play Phantasy Star Nova on Vita and move on to PSO2: Episodes 4 and 5 along with PSO2es. Ash needs a vacation, guy's been through a lot.

Are you smoking crack? We've only had a consistent one as of late.

Please, don't. It's painful enough thinking that in 4-5 years, Nova will be the only playable part of PSO2. Also, holy fuck, that translation patch really is Treehouse/Mirror Moon tier. Matoi's speech pattern is way more casual than that.

Fans are already developing private servers for the game. Yeah, Nova can be skipped since it's a side story to PSO2. There's also the Episode 0 PSO2 manga that hot released a short while ago. Phantasy Star 0 on DS is a side story to the original PSO.

So take it to /jp/? Because you most certainly don't mean here.

I have better games to play than a game that only allows me one character unless I fork over fat stacks of cash, and everything looks like the waste bin of a Bad Anime Abortion Clinic. PSO2 a shit, nigger. Had potential, but decided to shit up the aesthetic with the WORST character design on this fucking planet.

You get three character slots by default you ignorant nigger.

That sounds like a lot of work for a story
Yeah, its not going to happen

Episodes 1-3 is one big story, Nova is a side story that has no effect on the main story, Episode 4 and 5 are sequel stories and tge PSO2 anime is just a side story that takes place between Episodes 3 and 4 chronologically.

For the millionth time PSO2 is shit.
The game is poorly balanced in terms of class variety and they haven't regularly or even acceptably addressed this, fucking Warframe gets more class balances and its fucking business model relies on getting the players to buy new playstyes. The meta has always been Hu/something and the game is slanted in the favor of Hunters and Fighters at a basic level with the fact that they never fucking gave Gunners or Techers more then 1 new weapon type for their class.
The story is shit and makes excessive use of time travel which is one of the most difficult plot elements to use without fucking up.
The game cannot get its shit straight with tone of story attempting to swap from serious to silly without coming across of poorly written. A notable example I would say was that fucking talking sea creature and hunter Echo in ep2
The game relies on procedural generation which is always a bad idea but even worse it ends up making levels that are just fucking grid maps made of the same, at least less then 10 room types per location strung together with a start and a finish.
Any time the game had any difficulty the developers removed it. FOR FUCKS SAKE THEY NERFED 2 NPCS ATTITUDES TO THE PLAYER BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO MEAN TO THE PLAYER WHEN THEY HADN'T EARNED THE NPCS RESPECT
HELL DODO WAS TOO MEAN AND THEY HAD TO PUT IN A COWARDLY BITCH ALTERNATIVE
It is you who is the casual playing a game that is too cowardly to not pamper the player with praise and meaningless rewards.

You can co-op with other people and see them in lobby.
This game is kinda like Path of Exile, but anime.

Story in FF14 is just text with 3 reused animations and no voice acting.
FF14 is not open world.
And it's filled with fat traploving weebs just like PSO2.
Basically you are huge faggot and is wrong.
Also

That's not readable, format your shit better next time.

Stop being such a god damn faggot op first then I'll contribute to your thread.
Oh wait, you cant.

aside frombeing a cool waifu maker the game is pretty meh

Look, when some fag compares games from two completely different genres, he's gotta be called out.
Also I expected FF14 story mode to have just as high production values as PSO2 does and was appalled by how lazily it was done, considered it's a sqeenix game and a FF one at that.

As far as I'm concerned fighters are the biggesr resource of salt now, since it's the only melee class needing to risk their ass with limit break to compete in terms of damage with other melee classes.

PSO was always shit. PSO2 is just the same shit but polished a bit.

PSO alongside Ultima Online are the inspirations behind .hack//

With the way the online works in Monster Hunter, I'd argue PSO also inspired it.

Ah, so it's that kind of thing.
Thanks.

Prob because the game is either.
or

Hero is its current saving grace and the only reason I redownloaded the thing.
Buster quests are fun too.

is Phantasy star zero for the DS good?
(Can you change the robots bodyparts like in PSO2 ?)

It's a 3D game for DS, what do you think?
It's slow, clunky and runs at 15 fps.
Play PSP ones instead.

PS0 has a lot of charm, if you can put up with the bad camera and somewhat slow gameplay. I recommend any fan of the series at least try it out.

You can change parts in PS0 only as far as character customization goes. You can't really "wear" them like you can in PSO2.

Yes this is a legit complaint. BQs come out and seem trivial until Grade 3 becuase of Hr.

I'm a faggot who hasn't gotten to lvl 80 to do any rematches, but isn't it the same encounter with four people? Even if I'm wrong the solution just seems to be "git gud."

That's happened to me maybe twice in the past couple of months. It's no where near the issue you're making it out to be.

Please reread.
He's not saying to max SA. He's saying the basically already start with it maxed. However I see where you might be coming from with this. People don't put points into step so they aren't used to relying on dodge. Which seems so silly to me since I don't put points in step either and still rely on dodging.

Probably because the game is clunky and the English translation is half assed. I tried to play it a week or so ago with a friend and we gave up trying to play it after a few days. the menus are fucking obtuse and the fact that half the tutorials are still written in jap doesn't help, the combat while kinda fun for an mmo doesn't seem worth the effort to put up with clunky everything else and a half done translation.

inb4 some autist who plays religiously says there's guides explaining every single detail. Fuck you I shouldn't have to go search for answers for their clunky ass game design. PSO2 is shit

Kinda fun reading complains about lack of tutorials on a fucking imageboard, guess that's nu/v/ for you.

Won't let me heal? Fine. I won't let you reach me.

Friendly reminder that PSO 1 is still alive and kicking.

Not saying that you're wrong, but you gotta read wikis and guides on mmos regardless. At least if you want to get anywhere near endgame of any given one.
So your particular complaint is kinda pointless.
And being heavy on menus and sub-menus was Phantasy Star's thing even before going MMO