I sometimes feel the need to check in on the retard pit. This is cuck/v/'s preliminary GOTY 2017...

I sometimes feel the need to check in on the retard pit. This is cuck/v/'s preliminary GOTY 2017. The most disagreement it gets is calling 1 or 2 games mediocre, but most agree. At least half of all posts on cuck/v/ are retarded shitposts with no value. Shithole.

LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

4/v/ is nothing but SEOs using bots to advertise. No one actually goes there. Hollow Knight is piss easy but it's a good game though. I don't know if 2017 has brought anything better.

I mean other than Turok 2. I don't own a console so I can't speak for the trash on those.

Probably Nier, Ni-oH, Persona 5.

Dunno about yakuza, but the other 4 are total fucking shit.
Irony is if not for your post I'd thing you're talking about 8/v/ as those turds are shilled there 24/7.

I thought fighting the false knight again with the dream nail was tough.

One good game and two decent ones, what's the problem?

I think there's a GOTY discussion thread still in the 8/v/ catalog, if you want to compare and get depressed. I think the only thing missing is Automata from OP's image.

Nice digits but

I'd rather not get any more depressed really.

Yakuza 0 maybe, but I don't really see Persona 5 as GOTY. No doubt it's a step up from P4, but the fact that it goes on rail's mode for a huge portion of the game, has a lackluster storyline which gets really interesting on second boss, but then it falls apart after the third or even the second boss Makoto a shit, and a disappointing final boss doesn't really hit the GOTY status.

I meant fourth and third boss.

persona 5 without a shadow kek of a doubt.

still, knowing cuckchan, they'll vote sanic or botw because its fucking cuckchan and they eat shit, like this retard

Here comes "I'm totally not cuckchanner" cuckchanner

>Persona 3 but worse in every way other than futaba
i genuinely don't know anything else that came out this year
I'd have thought this was an IGN list or some shit, had you not told me.

I'll give it OST of the year, anyway.

The soundtrack is good, but it makes me wish they got Elisha La'Verne to sing some of the songs.

persona 5 is good but if you consider it GOTY you're fucking delusional. the last dungeons are padded to shit and some social links especially those introduced late game are rushed and weak because of the games end date and last dungeon lining up poorly.

BOTW can fuck off, the more i reflect on it the more i dislike the game. the wow factor of its open world falls apart in about 30 minutes when you realize how grossly oversized the map is. by mid game fighting enemies is a waste of your resources. the dungeons and bosses were boring as it comes which makes all the time spent on the overworld feel even more wasteful.

haven't played hollow knight yet but will soon, same for sonic

yakuza 0 strongest race

you mad i called your shit taste out?

Just go back.

Holy fucking shit.

Wasn't that hard. Took me 3 tries to beat him. Took me literally 20+ attempts to beat some bosses in Souls games.

It's not a game because there is no real gameplay. You just watch cut-scenes and cut-scenes pretending to be combat.

Western vidya is dead, isn't it? When was the last time a western dev released a good game Holla Forums?

user, cuck/v/ is literally worse than IGN. Go take a look if you doubt me.

Sonic Mania is technically western. Unless that was the one you were referring to.

Hollow Knight is also western, so he didn't know about Sonic Mania.

I assumed 2d sidescroller indieshit is western, since sonic is owned by a nip company.

Indeed it is. The IP itself isn't western, but the product for this specific product is.
I wish Westerners applied themselves, it's fun when the west and east compete because it allows higher quality titles to flourish, and you don't have to pick a side, everyone wins!

Endless Space 2 came out a few months ago.

Japan is better at making big budget stuff, the west is still better at indies

Hey now, western vidya provides countless hours of entertainment in the form of salt when AAA trainwrecks crash and burn.

It's sad that the only think western game dev has to offer is niche autism simulators and low budget 2d indie games made 3 dudes and their cat.

Other than that I can't say my choices are that much different.

Sonic Mania
Persona 5
Nier Automata
Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Yakuza 0

Now keep in mind two of these games were released prior to 2017, so I don't think it's fair to include them. Especially on a board like this that actually has weebs playing games in nihongo. Ultimately I think Xenoblade 2 will be my personal GOTY, especially if they don't fuck it up. Odyssey will be high up there as well, but the lack of Game Overs are worrying. EDF5 will probably be GOTY in Moonland tho.

But Sonic Mania IS 2017 goty.

Well what game should take its place?

Nier Automata? Nioh? Gravity Rush 2?

Nier Automata
Nioh
Persona 5
Dragon Quest Builders (October of 2016)
Crash Bandicoot :^)

out of ideas aren't you user?

It would have been on the 2016 GOTY list but October is so late in the year that people neglect it. Its defiantly one of my top games sense last august.
its not a bad Port/remake imho
Yes, it's vidya in CY+++ user. What do you except?

I would say either Nier: Automata, NiOh, Yakuza 0, Crash Bandicoot, or Persona 5.

Persona 5 is iffy and it's maybe too premature to say if sonic mania has any presence, but otherwise it's a completely solid choice.
Incidentally, I notice you didn't care for exposing your goty choices up to criticism, OP.

Is there really any value to any of this GOTY nonsense? I mean can't we be satisfied that this year was overall a bit better than 2016 and appreciate that 2018 will be a year long nightmare from which we can't escape?

what about nuPrey? I enjoyed it, shitty Zenimax business practices aside. I think Metroid: Samus Returns could be a good contender for GOTY as well.

None of those are explicitly bad games, save maybe BOTW which I hope is used as a launchpad for future games and isn't illustrative of what's to come for the series. Am I supposed to trip over myself and scream about shit taste because you posted the EPIC cuckchan meme again, OP?

true enough.

That's a good point.

-==POST YOUR LIST FAGGOT==

i like Nier:A but i dunno if its a GOTY for me because you have to handicap yourself pretty hard to make the game challenging and the enemy variety is very poor. yakuza 0 is probably my personal GOTY still just cuz it has so much stuff to do in it along with a personal bias for the series

99% of the western industry is garbage, yes. Last thing I can think of is Terraria, and even that isn't THAT good.

It's sad when people rave and scream over a glorified beta. BOTW felt so unfinished holy shit. They padded the game out with the game shit you found in the first 15 hours, and I fell for their tricks because Zora's domain was my first guardian. I really thought the entire game was going to be that good.

Found the homosexual

Fuck off bethesda viral marketing department!

I get that Bethesda is unpopular here but holy shit, they ARE capable of making things that aren't the same soulless open-world game designed to milk normalfags. Also, it's almost as if they're a large game studio with multiple dev teams, rather than one person who makes his living bullshitting people about climbing mountains.

I'll give it a shot. I'll do 5, per usual.

Only a GOTY in a current year. Pretty good, 4/5

I fucking loved Crash 2 and (to a slightly lesser extent) Crash 3. I don't have a PS4, but I've played em. Heard the port fucked up on hitboxes, and by loading the whole level and therefore fucking up obstacle timings. For these reasons, I still prefer the originals. 2.5/5

This is slightly above average for open world. Don't have anything original to say in favor of critique, we've all been over this. Played in CEMU. 3.25/5

I think I will like this game when it releases, but I don't know if I'll get a Switch by that time. Yes, I'm running out of GOTY options. 2/5, the rating is offset for the worst case scenario, can't possibly be lower, but I'm anticipating a 4 or higher.

I don't know what else. I'd probably enjoy Nioh or Yakuza, but I don't have a PS4. I'll get Yakuza on PC. I've been playing my backlog this year. I recently beat Sleeping Dogs, and it was fucking incredible. Easily the best Open World game, beats the fuck out of BotW. This year is full of mediocrity, lots of games which are kind of fun. Lot of 3/5 titles. If you love mediocre games, you'll love 2017, like that fat faggot nigger-loving retard VGDunkey. But my backlog still has many gems.

The real GOTYs for me:

ayylmao

I also felt unfulfilled with the A-E endings. The Third act was very underwhelming, I actually was searching for more content/hidden ending way past the point of being board to tiers of the combat. The Y ending was nice fan service. I loving the game but It gave me "Phantom Pains" like there was cut content or a huge missing peace of the puzzle. It was also oddly predictable.

you deserve the hate :^)

Replace Sonic Mania with Nier Automata and it would probably be my top 5 desu

Here

*BOTW
Sonic Mania is there to stay.

I guess Nier Tomato would be candidate in my opinion, not sure about other games, for a moment I thought Persona 5 was from last year.

>mfw western games failed to shove their diversity to consumers throats by making broken and unfinished games

This.

If you think about it, it was before that too.
Development hell is a biiiiiitch

was the 20 fps fun?

Oh, fuck. Sonic Mania should be on there, but I haven't played it yet NOT ON PC YET. Give it a 2/5, again as my estimate for worst case scenario score. Anticipating a 4/5 if lucky. Sonic Mania gets #5.

The list, condensed:

The backlog list:

Full speed

I'm gonna be that prick, but uhhhhh do you like uhhhhh know how uhhhhh wrong you are.

UHHHHHHH, do more research and shah. Uhhhhhh

I won't count that as GOTY.
It mostly likely will get pozzed by Treehouse and they also removed Mario wearing a sombrero

Nice fake news and misinformation fag
They removed sombrero mario from the boxart, not from the game.

They didn't remove it.

I can't say I understand

What kind of happy horseshit is that?

It's progress, is what it is.
Next update will help it a bit more.
I'm unsure if it was just for the sake of transition only, as I myself am also confused why only in the shrines and not the overworld. Either it's a big task or he's shit a coding.

That's because you're FUCKING RACIST

I am Mexican, sombreros and ponchos may be a stereotype most of the time, but those SJWs don't speak for me and I am OK with Mexican attire Mario.

Different strokes for different blokes, user, and not my fault she rubbed me the wrong way when she came into play and being incredibly stupid when it came to the yakuza part, and the devs keep shoving her into the game or use her as some way to solve problems that you the player could solve yourself.

I don't have a switch and can't really comment on BotW, but from stuff I've played, Nier Automata and Persona 5 are almost a tie for goty. Both are just the type of weird japanese shit I get off to and were genuinely fun.

But Nier Automata gets an automatic win for 2B and the endless wave of rule34 she's inspired.

Casuals, all of you.

That reminds me, I downloaded Nier Tomato last month, it was a repack, does it run on toasters like mine?

i5 3.00, 16GB RAM, GTX 950 2GB GDDR5

It's a crapshoot really, it can run on toasters, but it can also be unplayable on top of the line rigs. Only way to know is to give it a shot.

Nier: Automata did save Platinum from their slump and Taro from getting fired by SE.
2B's ass saved them both

I'm on an old i7, 8gb ram, 1070. I've had no problems. Runs usually at 60fps.

That said i've heard it's suffered problems on different setups. There's a mod out there (Far mod i think) that can help some of those issues.

Ay ay ay!! Taco taco birria violador burrito verga joto joto!!! Salchichon marica!! Tequila tequila chihuahua puta!! Puta puta puta!!! Champurradas caballo pierna!!

2B booty saves lives.

And everything on that list except sonic mania is shit.

No one gives a fuck what race you are, except for shit-tier cuckservatives who love a minority saying conservative shit since whitey voices don't matter these days.

Chaca chaca chaca chaca!!! Puñal piñata!!! Ora ora ora!!! Culo culito meow meow pepsi!! Coca cola ñoño morro polla polla polla uguu! Gusanito onyonyonyon mamifero Gucci!!

Mexican isn't race, it's a nationality. Hispanic isn't a race, it's an ethnicity. The racial composition of beaners is Caucasoid and mongoloid with sometimes negroid, the percentages vary depending where their family comes from.

I like white people a lot. They're beautiful. Green and Blue eyes make my heart flutter.

Guess I'll have to try it, I have had some trouble recently with Heroes of the Storm, my GPU seems to overheat with that game, gives me a black screen (display driver down and back), I literally had to reapply thermal compound just to be sure and now I am running Afterburner with a temperature limit.

You get the point anyway.

Actually, it seems like Mexico is the #1 consumer of Coca-cola.

¡Oye, Pablo, cállate pendejo!

You are fucking waste of digits and air in general.

So that's why most spics don't get along with niggers.

Ora ora ora fresa fresita calamardo horchata

THE QUINTUPLE CHOSEN BEANER

I'M SORRY FOR DISRESPECTING YOU SEVEN-SENPAI

Is actually a lot simpler, we call them "negros" AKA blacks, we don't have a PC way of calling them, that makes them mad, specially since we use the term for normal talk and racial jokes all the time, is like saying nigger regardless of intent.

Can also confirm. Beaners have a blood feud with niggers, don't think it's all happy slappy and everyone is out only to get whitey. No, there is fierce tension from all sides.
Blacks make me uncomfortable if I'm being honest.

Who knows, the only whites in Mexico are the Mormons who live in ranches with their 12 wives and some of the European immigrants that somehow managed not to mix with the dirty indios and Mestizos.

That's more of a gang related thing I think.

I'll think of you as the rest of my country mobilizes towards my genocide.

Actually, there are lots of Spaniards, mormons are almost non-existant.

Indeed. Mom mixed with a halfbreed, and my brother and sisters genes were salvaged, they came out purer, and mine did as well…the brown side
There are anons here who are good at weeding people out. What does my nose make me most?

I'm not breeding, and I'm most likely going to get killed for spreading so much information about Jewish influence and division tactics, so at least I'm doing you that. I would want to breed if I can thoroughly study eugenics though, to get the best child possible.

Holla Forums's most favorite kike aside from mark

I guess most of the Mormons moved back to the US huh? I knew one of those Mexican Mormons, she had a very nice ass, but she was a slut. What a waste.

Just looks like an indio nose dude.

Name a game released in 2017 that is better than Persona 5.

I want to remove Y0 fags.

you're on fuckin drugs m8

Yakuza games are the same shit over and over again.

nier automata, which despite its issues make it a game worth all the reverence and praise it's gotten.

they don't change the formula because it isn't broken, of course a beat em up series is about beating niggas up, but yakuza games improve ona technical level with each game and always add new shit. yakuza 0 changed the base gameplay for the better as well by allowing style switches on the fly. you can also unlock new styles, unlock new moves, unlock new weapons, and do things that make it feel like a fun game where you want to go do side shit because its a game first and foremost

Replace the shitty "dark souls of 2D platforms" with Nier Automata and you got yourself a deal.

The weird thing is how all those female Mormons dress, a side cut long skirt, sandals and a tight shirt.

The combat was Nier's but good, the world had some nice callbacks to Nier tying the games together, and there are moments of that game I will never forget BECOME AS GODS, Devola and Popola (Especially when the god tier "Song of the Ancients" returns) and the ending credits
I appreciate how it was taking cues from Persona 2 and 3 instead of 4. It also has some great dungeon design. Only qualm is Okumura's dungeon. It was so boring. Jesus Christ. It picks up later, when you're being flung through space, but most of it is just dull
It's Yakuza. Great combat, great story and great world. Game made me feel many things. It's got a better story than a lot of western games, and doesn't sacrifice gameplay for it. Kuze theme the best.

2017 will be remembered as a great year for Japanese games. Hope 2018 will be just as good.I hope Ace Combat 7 will be good

No different from this place then.

that fucking feel when third fight with kuze when kazuma just kicks the door down and punches him int he fucking face and his theme song starts playing and it drops right into the fight

I want to eat 2B's ass.

She certainly became pretty popular in record time, did any other female vidya character do the same in less than a year?

Original Lara Croft.

Robot Alchemic Drive is the shit, enjoy your nugames faggots, whatever

That speaks volumes, is been decades since that happened.

I know that feel. Modern vidya a shit.

Thanks, Doc

nah

Did you wreck your assistants building forcing her to sleep in the military barracks, or destroyed your childhoods friend house multiple times over until she kills herself or maybe rocket punch a robot into cancer patients ward after your (((monetary consultant))) told you to control yourself and cool it with property damage?

Yes to all

Persona 5 is god awful. Even by JRPG standards. Yakuza was good.

GOTYfaggots are IGN/Gamespot/Gamefaqs users that crosspost here, I swear.

you're right, they made a soulless FPS with uninspired weapons and enemies that fails to have any of your choices matter and then pulls the worst story telling card in the book!

Good.
Fuck off.
No really, fuck off.
Good.
[laughing]

At least we can agree this year wasn't as bad as 2016.

Also my picks are Nioh and Sonic Mania.

mmm-hm

hope I'm never this retarded

(you)

W-what's happening? I thought they had bad taste.

I liked Yakuza 0 and Persona 5.

I think P5 is GOTY above Yakuza 0 but that's just me. Both games have flaws.

>Yakuza 6 even though I've heard it's not the best one.

2018 already looking pretty good.

You have shit taste, 2018 has much more to offer than just that.

What was supposed to be good about Sleeping Dogs? I played it for a couple hours and it just felt like a significantly shittier Saints Row. The combat was shit, the [TECHNOLOGY] wasn't as interesting, and the only things to do were the set activities on your map which didn't seem to be that interesting either.

It's almost like 8/v/ is where the shitposting contrarians go when they get banned from 4/v/

Further proof that this thread is riddled with cuckchan cancer

Unless they're hiding 90% of the game until launch date I'm not buying it.

How is that cuckchan "goty list" any different from Holla Forums's? Did you see how many threads persona got? Skyrim zelda?
It's the same shit taste.

Eat shit and like it pussy.

But seriously, I think they're just keeping most of the game a surprise for now. The only problem I can foresee for the game is being trapped on a fucking garbage Nintendo brick.

Pretty sure like 75% of the posters here are crossposters.

stop IP hopping faggot.

Also
This is truly the cathedral of good taste.

Persona 5 was fucking BORING. Took me 100 hours to complete once, almost fell asleep playing it. Getting control wrestled from me was frustrating. Loved P3P though.

Also where is NieR: Automata? Faggots

I know that botw is skyrim with anime, but what's wrong with Persona?

BOTW I understand, but Persona is babbys first JRPG and it's kinda fun.

It's the same garbage normalfag jrpg that was 3 and 4.
I have hard time believing that even actual jrpg fans would like it.

Oh look

You are wrong.
Best selling persona game of all times that blew everything in the month it came out like it was nothing.

No one cares your western shovelware got trashed, guy.

What is my western shovelware?

Oh and I know Persona 5 isn't exactly Nocturne. but it's alright, maybe Xenoblade 2 will be a better JRPG. who knows.

Just let go.

I Still Believe (Grand Design)

goddamn it

How should I know, all I know is that you threw a hissy fit over good games and mentioned western games for no apparent reason.

hollow knight, sonic mania seem like good picks. never played the new zelda and the other two ( persona and yakuza, i persume). that said, the list doesn't seem that wrong. did nier automata come out this year or late 2016 cause i'd replace one of those with nier then.

Maybe try again, this time with reading comprehension, faggot.

So many posts in this thread just flinging shit and calling everything shit without actually giving reasons. Shit thread full of halfchan shitposting.

It's like she's designed to be the MC of a sci-fi eroge.

I choose Sonic Mania personally.

I don't disagree with some of the games on there but personally my GotY list is:

1. P5
2. Nier Automata
3. Yakuza 0
4. Nioh
5. Splatoon 2

It might change when Yakuza Kiwami comes out or mario odyssey but I doubt it. I thought BotW was decent but nothing spectacular.

COME ON Holla Forums!!! THIS GAME WILL BE THE GREATEST MASTERPIECE OF VIDYA OF ALL TIME AND WILL BTFO OF ANY GAME THAT WAS RELEASE BEFORE & AFTER 2017!!

played the demo at E3 lad

There's been more than 5, and the final will most likely have 10+ including the moon

they need to stop culturally appropriating PC games with that fucking t-pose

And people claim 8/v/ is nintoddler central. Obligatory
for you, big guy.

Three years since the fucking exodus and you faggots still bitch about 4cucks, jesus christ.

agreed, of those listed yakuza is the strongest game and i really enjoyed persona5, but it had alot of flaws, but yakuza isnt goty material either. not replayable, long unskippable dialogue and tutorials at the start… its a great game with a shitload of fun to be had.. but i honestly had more fun with nier, gr2, and nioh.

but honestly, gr2 had alot of problems and is so niche… but its very fun, comfy, and replayable but theres alot to be desired.

nioh demos were fucking amazing, but i refuse to put up with team ninjas jewry. i'll wait until they release a "finished" version of nioh with all the dlc and bullshit packaged at a reasonable price. fuck thier bullshit.

nier i loved but left me feeling empty. the difficulty wasnt balanced and i had to switch to hard about halfway through. though they made this doable. the game is fun to replay though and left alot of memories and had a ton of memorable moments that stuck with me. this is probably my goty 2017

dqb left me with a longing for more. i wanted a sequel as soon as it ended and i put a shitload of time into it. it was just dark cloud with a much better city building mechanic, and 1000x more comfy. we're talking harvest moon level comfort. it was my goty2016 by far.

They probably can't comprehend why their tastes are so similar.

それじゃにほんごをならうましょお!!

Nioh's deluxe edition was on sale a few weeks back for something like 50$. That's when I grabbed it.

is that even finished tho? or are they going to make nioh deluxe + brood wars or some shit in a few months. are they actually finished with the dlc?

And we aren't going to stop. Deal with it.

just play old shit and go back to cuckchan

GOTY 2017 is probably either Zelda or Mario. We'll see.

fuck off dunkey
it probably will be fun tho

Are there any decent games released in 2018 that haven't been mentioned many times or at all, even if they aren't outright perfect?
This game is clearly made by amateurs, the graphics are trash and the gameplay is pretty simplistic compared to even SOTN and kind of buggy, but god damn it was a load of fun.

I meant 2017

I don't know if they'll introduce more stuff after the deluxe edition DLCs. All three of them aren't out yet. Only two.

But you get free updates outside of the DLC that add/change things, like new difficulty levels for NG+, new tiers of equipment, etc.

i have trouble finding new old games that are above average.
im usually forced to play old classics that i just forgot about but used to enjoy.

huh. sounds like i might just skip over the game and save it for a dry spell.

Glass houses man

All those choices are the only good games of 2017 though
Hollow knight is great
Persona 5 is good
Mania is good
BoTW is good
Yakkuza 0 is great

It's missing Automata, although i think the other contenders are better.

Aztez, Danmaku Unlimited 3, Rain World, and Snake Pass. All either briefly mentioned on release and then forgotten or not mentioned at all.

In addition to that I'm surprised many people aren't counting the many re-releases this year in the running, since in 2016 I know a lot of people picked the PC release of DDDA as GOTY. Bayonetta, Vanquish, Rez, and the Wipeout Omega Collection are all better than half of the new release GOTY choices, and Raiden V Director's Cut won't be out before too long either.

There's a certain re-release I'm looking forward to but I know I'll be bullied because NISA.
Not like I'm gonna buy it or anything.
Also a bunch of comiket games, but it seems to me like I've completely forgotten what came out under the radar this year.

I keep saying everyone needs some Nex Machina in their lives even though most people here don't care for arcade games

add Spark the Electric Jester

It's shit, fam.

Oh yeah I remember that coming out, but I have a toaster and the system reqs might as well state "update your toaster already fuckface".
I really don't get the appeal of Hollow Knight. I don't know why but I found myself asleep by the one hour mark and I haven't booted it up since.
Also has battle brother's bugs been fixed yet? I Don't recall what made me quit but it was a really early bug that fucked something up.
You really like your shumps, don't you? Thanks for the chart.

This. The detail of cutsie fluffy white shit with black overlays. Looks worse than Another World. Why does indieshit suck so hard post 1990s?

you should go back.

nigger…

I want Ys to be there but

Don't post pictures of my waifu so flippantly.

At least find some solace in the fact that Ys Seven is most likely to be on there.

They're alright for what they are while doing some worthwhile unique shit on their own. Not shit, but worth taking a look at.

If the folks over at the Falcom thread are to be believed some dude with a review copy says the localization is alright, no memes or anything.

I enjoyed Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2. Can't wait for this game to come out.

i played the demo and the game seemed ok. i hear mixed shit about it but havnt felt compelled to check it out…

berseria is one of the worst jrpgs ive played in a long time. its not even worth pirating. i couldnt even finish the demo.

Your waifu a SHIT

YOU CAN'T STOP ME

Here's hoping for the best. I'm worried about the PC Port though.

They're right. Not necessarily because they're good, but because of the drought of good games. I half-enjoyed BotW, but the Shrine puzzles, Korok seeds, inventory management, weapon degradation and plenty of other things took a lot out of me and made it a chore. It's one of the best open world games, and that's nothing to be proud of.

Don't do it anymore, you have been warned.

You right

although BOTW should be replaced by Nier

Fuck off, retard.

Retards don't have arguments.

fuck off back to reddit, faggot.

I know you're just pretending but it's actually Persona 2, just with modern Persona mechanics and without retconning old characters. It's not thematically like P3 at all.

She's the worst character, lower than some NPCs. On the one hand, I understand why she's messed up. On the other, that doesn't mean I have to like her and she really gets on my nerves.

futaba is qt and youre just a waifu hipster. makoto is best tho

End your life

You waifufags are subhuman tbh.

This tbqh

Ironic

It's coonrunes white boi. smh tbh fam

shieet mang don't be like that

Niggas don't know tbh.

Who cares?

Literally no one gets along with niggers, whites were the first and last group of people on earth to give niggers rights and respect but look how that turned out.
Even certain types of niggers hate other niggers for having darker skin or looking more negroid than them.

Worst character is goro "5'10? I didn't know they stack pancakes that high" akechi, morgana, the fat yakuza, and mostly Mishima. But at the end of it, the writers for this game are not the best. Six years of development, and yet they couldn't make a cohesive storyline and actually develop the main characters while being consistent with their social link (ex. Ryuji and futaba), and stop giving so much flak on ryuji.

Whites do the same
t.South Europe

Albanians are neither white nor humans.

all I ever see is her ass, no one ever talks about the game.

Am I the only one that felt Persona 5 being extremely slow? I mean, P4 and P3 are slow as well, but they were always enjoyable and for the most time didn't waste your time. P5 is VERY obsessed with making sure you see every little design choice multiple times. The menu is slow to open and navigate, the speed in which the actual date change after going to sleep takes forever compared to 3 and 4. I like the messaging system, but it's only used for constantly reminding you of what you have or have not done. It becomes extremely frustrating and time-consuming to always chech the messages only to find out it some shit like "can't believe you did the thing… now we wait…" 5 days in a row. 3 and 4 expected you to actually not be a fucking retard.

I also feel no compulsion to play it again either, and that's mostly because there was only ONE Confidant I didn't max out at level 9. And I feel like wasted several days even outside the ones Morgana wouldn't let me leave on. In P3 I did all the S.Links I absolutely wanted, had to play again to see the rest. I fucked up in P4 and completed the December dungeon early, making me skip all of December and missing out on at least 3 S.Links I wanted to do (not counting the ones I didn't want to do)
Also the group synergy is fucking terrible in P5, they do nothing but repeat plot details or previous conversations ad nauseum, no fun camping trip or group hijinks. The most fun the had was at the buffet early-game.
It has no real tone, and the tone it wants you to see is so in-your.face you just end up hating it. Sure the gameplay is good and the music is good, some Confidants are really great, but it has no personality, really.

You're not the only one complaining about the pace of the game user. Comparing to P3 and p4, p5 is really fucking slow. In those past few games, they did the storyline through short bursts and when you decide to do some dungeon crawling, and they allow you some free time to do your shit. In p5's case, the story goes on, and it really feels that you're barely given free time to do the things that you want to do, and the fucking cat stops you from doing stuff after a plot development (even when you have kawakami's massage service, and had to find morgana who got assblasted and made you waste some free days).

When you got the first crew mates together, and gone through the buffet and hot pot scene, you felt something between the group. But once the third boss comes around, that spark just disappears completely, and it becomes "oh damn, we don't know how to solve this. Let's get makoto or futaba to solve this for you" and "ryuji your such a dumbshit, and I'm a cat that wants to be human" fest.

I liked Zelda and sonic once. Then I turned 12.
I liked anime too. Then I turned 13.

i tried to replay p5 right after finishing it… youre not wrong. it was too slow i couldnt do it. it just became tedious.

for an initial playthrough i didnt notice the pacing issue, but it became apparent when i was replaying it.

dont worry, i went through that phase. then when you turn 20 you start to like anime again and start by rewatching shit you used to like to bring you back to happier times.
then you fall down a spiral until youre browsing amiami for lewd figures of anime girls you dont even like.

Fuck my life

Persona holds up on replays? I have never played a Persona game more than one time.

You only go into a downward spiral, if you shell out over $3000 for figurines of characters you don't like and have no space to move around.

user…. i…

Don't tell me, did you? Oh god user.

You know what they say. Thicc thighs save lives

persona 3 does the most, going out with grilfriends and such on sundays and giving gifts is really fun. P4 didn't have it at all, and P5 had it again but it was so convoluted as to how to actually access it that you could go the whole game never actually knowing it was there except for some scripted times when friends message you on saturday nights.

Definitely a strong contender
Maybe not GOTY, but a strong contender for RPG of the year
No. I love the game a lot, but it's not GOTY
Indie game of the year, maybe. Not overall GOTY material
Fairly strong contender.
Should honestly be Nier: AutoTomato in BoTW's place and I imagine Super Mario Odyssey will take over Hollow Knight's position the second it comes out.

It's only bad when white people do it.

I fucking hate sonyggers

this video about goty is accurate. there is no official "goty" your opinion is just as valuable as any official place. the only goty opinion that counts is my own, because im the coolest person i know

Know that feeling , thats why i come to imageboards

I feel so euphoric just being in your enlightened presence.

GOTY is Firepro Wrestling World, just the fact that it exists and its actually good is a fucking miracle in itself much like Nier Automata but it was even less likely to happen and had a much bigger time interval with the last game of the franchise releasing in 2007

you cant just make a game up in your head and give it goty user. it has to actually exist and come out in the current year.

I would have more respect for him if he was reading that Doujin.

store.steampowered.com/app/564230/Fire_Pro_Wrestling_World/

I'm more suprised about Automata or are they still mad Yoko came here

Clearly he was reading just to see if it mentioned Desiganted streets

its all your fault.

How?

Hollw Knight and Undertale are tumblrgames.

In both you play as a literal non binary gendered character. Both have a "muh deep" story and tumblr is equally obsessed with both.

You all heard this guy. Tumblr likes the game, so we don't get to.

Only when they're for faggots

(checked)
DON'T LIE! you know "how"… you where solely responsible for the decline.

now apologies

It's not that you "don't get to," but if you like something that tumblr likes…maybe you should hang out there instead of shitting up here with that crap?

maybe you should just go back to Tumblr faggot.

What you say is true. Anyone who likes something Tumblr likes doesn't get to post here.

Holy SHIT I can't wait for summer to be over.
The amount of trying to fit in going on here is enormous.

Isn't it already over?

School doesn't start on the same day for everyone, you know.

You can't do anything right, Cirno. You fucking stupid moron.

maybe you should go there too

You're right on one thing though
This thread is shit
Now go back to Cucksona 5

It was just a ironic shitpost user.
To be quite honest, the game itself looks decent.

Fuckoff Dunkey

They're all really spazzy too, the whole party feels like they're on the spectrum at times and of course its easy to declare Makoto best girl because she isn't always yelling or bounding off the walls. The autism was fun with certain interactions like moments with yusuke/futaba but ryuuji and anne stay consistently retarded throughout the entire game, which is more annoying because ryuuji smartens up a bit in his Slink.

The tone is fucking bonkers, when you meet anne and ryuuji you get themes of blackmail, suicide, covering up student teacher relations, everyone is really fucking angry and then it all kind of fizzles out in favor of "WE'RE GONNA GET THOSE ADULTS" and general spaziness

I want to go on the record and say I still liked persona 5 it just handles poorly under scrutiny.

I play Nioh and i was very pleased with it, but it shares a problem that both yakuza and nier have that the game becomes a little too easy at times if you're a remotely competent player. Its NG+ mode is a fucking drag too because it just grossly inflates the enemy health pools so you're more likely to just run to the boss zone as fast as you can, especially since loot doesn't really improve

I love GR2 for what it is, it is very much its own thing and isn't trying to be anything else or muscle in on any other franchise, but when you play those games you think "that was charming and fun" not "holy shit this blew my mind"

Yakuza 0 and P5? Maybe. The rest of those have gotta be memes. Nobody's that stupid, right?

…Right?

Ys VIII is my GOTY

The fucking irony

Oh my god learn to fucking Kanji that was an absolute eyesore to read.

That came out in 2016. A butchered localization doesn't count as an actual release for this year.

Mods will fix it

Mah nigga, I hope we get a sequel

Where are the fucking dubs? Porn couldn't save this shit.

Welcome to current year +2 vidya!
Its just better to play old games and learn moonrunes and slav to play the rare ones.

It's coming, my nigga

Oh fuck man, I'm so hyped now

Fuck you, I'm never buying shit of that complete shit Akane from Ranma, Kozue, Manami, Sana or Setsuna from White Album 2.

I have never even played it but I can safely say that BoTW is meme game trash.

Nioh has a strong first playthrough which quickly becomes a bad grind game in NG+.

first playthrough is all that matters. NG+ is a gimmick.

The doc and haru are the only girls worth a shit in that game,

Yeah, the NG stuff really does become just a gear grindfest. But luckily they are always updating the game and they made an item that lets you essentially safely bank all of your amrita which allows you to safely delevel yourself appropriately for NG if you wish to lay that way.

I am currently waiting for the final DLC to release so I can play them all at once on NG levels.

Doing the same so I can play it on PC

HOLLOW KNIGHT IS THE BEST

AGENDER GENDERFLUID GENDERFLUX AND GENDERVOID. NON BINARY TRANS MAN DEMIBOY THIRD GENDER TWO SPIRIT

HORNET IS A NON BINARY PANSEXUAL DEMIGIRL. THE KNIGHT IS NON BINARY AGENDER KIN. EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY FOR ALL EXCEPT WHITE CISGENDER SHITS

We can only hope, user
The required specs are enough of a bad sign that there's nothing we can do to make it playable

The rest of your post is ok but this part is not

Persona 5 isn't actually a 2017 game, but it's still GOTY.
BotW was empty and overrated, the world lacked content and the shrines we boring. Fun, although certainly not GOTY material.

Sonic Mania is the best platformer this year, though it's also one of the only good ones to be released this year.

That's not Hollow Knight

Good thing it isn't.

2016 in Japan, and that isn't stopping people from calling games like Yakuza 0, Berseria or Persona 5 the GOTY of 2017. We are not Japan so it counts.

And yes, it pains me to see one of the best games I've ever played getting a hack job localisation like this. NISA is run by a bunch of hacks.

Switch version! Fuck yes! Playing that on the go would be comfy as fuck.

hell yeah motherfucker

Even if they don't fuck up the localization by some stroke of luck, the PC port is already bloated as fuck and they shouldn't be supported. NISA always does that when they get a new IP licenses; they bait fans in with the first game where they fuck up the least and then when it sells well/they secure the future games they progressively get worse and worse with each game.

Look at Danganronpa or the Atelier games (before they lost the license); the first game was gobbled up because "it was a good localization!" and each game after got filled with more and more rewrites/forced pop culture references.

I didn't say you should buy it at all. Even if they somehow port it well I doubt I'll even be playing any more Falcom games post this anyways.

Anyone else getting the feeling that these games will get the nominees anyway?
We all know these journos would nominate these shitty games out of spite to the gaming community and just pull the YOU JUST DON'T LIKE BECAUSE OF MUH DIVERSITY.

If I recall, you gained better fighting techniques as you progressed in the game. Because you only played for a couple of hours, your opinion is invalid. It was an alright game straight across with some moments of greatness, but those were rare.

Tacoma will for sure. Not sure about the rest, since everyone knows that they're shit.

I would think they'd praise Tacoma and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Did everyone forget about Hellbalde already?

Hellblade at least is a game.
Not a good one but its still a game.
But i haven't played or bought it because i still haven't forgotten DmC

Muh nigga.

How does time go so fast?

You know the saying, "time flies when you're having fun"? Well, the opposite is doubly true.

Sonic Mania is way better than Hollow Knight

I unironically could not even complete the first dungeon. My interest in the game withered and died right around the halfway mark.

It had like 1/5th the playerbase of TIS-100 or Infinifactory, and those games had about 1/3rd the playerbase of SpaceChem, so it's not that surprising it fell under the radar even in its own year. It was my GOTY 2016 if that counts for anything.

they focused too much on the wrong shit and it's come back to bite them, good times

sauce on pic?

find it yourself, faggot.